• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(NYC)Gauntlet Season 2 Ep3 Oct.29 - To the Limit

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Gwah!!

Holy crap..I bombed O-o.

Shoutouts =( lmao...=(

Wes...I know the rage of not having your controller during tourney matches...you can lose to anybody, right Wes? =b

P.C. - Didn't play ya,...matter of fact it's been like ages since I played you...next Gauntlet we money match.

MoFo - Good stuff on teams...see ya boy-o.

KM - Pretty fresh Fox there....and that Marth was standard issue, but it was good enough to out-tip me for the win. I really need to get better against Marths. Good stuff...laterz.

Z@nguz3n - Jeez man...sorry for being off-key...it seemed too easy for you. It was good chit first match..but you beat me for nothing! YOU DON'T TAKE ME OUT THE TOURNEY AND NOT EVEN PLACE TOP 3!! Zang you suck! xDxD

Dav3 - Why are you so scared to play me? I mean besides the fact that I was about to turn Dave-o-vision into Dire-vision. Hehe good stuff again Dav3 you're too d@mn good bro, thanks for the tips also.I guess you're right my offense is key but I need to pick that technique up. See ya next time.

D1 - STUPID, STUPID BOY!

Ronald - Yes...yes you are going to pay for that.

Strata - =(....mind you....it blowed that you couldn't pick us up for whatever reasons, but that let me Blaine, Blu and Ron joke on mad stuff and stuff. Get your stuff together lol...we can't let our frontman bail again,

Once again..Wes...that's enough losing to random people! We could have beat Zang and Dave..but you knew when I gave you that look before the match started...I can't take it against them there. Anazing though on the second match. So exciting...but no pull-through.

All-in-all...there was a ton of money that I didn't get an ounce of..but I still had a good time as always.

Yeah,....about losing to random Marths...

BUHO

Smash Apprentice
yeah tranquil i didnt hear ya sorry. just a piece of info for you all... IM VERY HARD ON HEARING. you gotta like shout at me... D1 you especially gotta speak up sometimes

D1

Banned via Administration
lol my bad Buho, and yeah Strz ur Doc was tight man that was like an even Steven fight to da max!!! I wouldn't mind practicing along w/ you and Silv I don't play many Doc's anyway.

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
Ah yeah, Andre told me about a meet up taking place on Wednesday this week. I can't make it due to school and stuff but I'm hopefully inviting a couple of people to Smash on Sunday. It'd be tight if you could come as well..

Go Drown A Child

Smash Cadet
well... wtf happened to this thing starting at 11:30? I made a point to be there by 11, and registration didn't get started until at least 1 if i remember correctly. i had to be home by 5, so i was forced to forfeit singles. much thanks to wes (i think it was him) for letting me get my money back.

really wanted to play some money matches. but maybe i'm lucky i didn't, because i got my **** handed to me in the whopping 3 matches i played. some little kid with a music pirate shirt beat me with sheik. i want a rematch against him.

then, PC chris 3 stocked me with fox... i've never seen the reflector sheild used quite so well. i don't want a rematch. haha

then, some long haired kid 3 stocked me as marth... who was this guy? very good player. watched him tear **** up for a while.

was nice to finally meet hefaustos. where was hazzard? wish i could have identified more people or made more friends or whatever but i was barely there for 3 hours. everyone seemed pretty nice. ill def be at the next one, hopefully for longer.

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
I had an awesome time. This was my first real tournament and it was nice to finally be able to put some faces to some of the people here. Hopefully next time it will start a little sooner but i wasnt running it or really help out so i shouldnt talk. Hopefully next time i get a little better and get to face some better people.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I had a fun time at this one, and I enjoyed playing everybody I got a chance to play with. Aho and I for 3rd in teams, Casey Ryback did strike back :rotfl: good sheezy

PC you're too good, your house and your grandma were mad chill, and that ringtone was beast, I <3 PC this much [------------------------------------------------------------------------------] Mofo, you are the wind beneathe my kirby's flapping wingish stub arms <3

Fun after the tourney at PCs, a nice crib indeed haha, KM going crazy on the throne and megamatt going beast with pika wtf was that

waaooooord, I hope I get to play everybody I met again sometime, D1, fab, starz, hax, and people I forget because I have no shortterm memory at all, just remind me at bomb4 or whenever

aho43

Smash Lord
Team Arlington - good **** the whole weekend. I think we did a good job repping MD/VA. Trip was fun. Thanks for making the drive fly by. Awwww. <3. Waaaaooooord. Lets do it again. Pichu_p isnt invited...

Kirbstir - We done did good in tourney boy.

KM - You got screwed in brackets, if you had my bracket I think you woulda *****.

G-reg - Is your last name Regulate??

Mega - Dude I heard bout your DC shenanigans, you are truly MEGA. Sucks you had to wait so long to play a match, next time we'll get you warmed up so you can go MEGA on everyone. WTF @ your crazy pika.

Neo - wheres da $$$, come to gauntlet next time cooter

DA - thanks for hosting the tournament. I always enjoy coming to your events.

PC Chris - GOod ish at the tourney! You gotta be like #1 chill smasher. Thanks for letting us stay at your place saturday and for the brewskey ^_^. We gotta hang out and get some matches at bomb.

Mofo - Your fox and falco are ****. I hope you can get OOS sometime, if not I'm sure I'll see you at other NYC tourneys. XD

Havoc - I'm glad you went Samus. ^_^ The last time I played a Luigi( Yagi ) in tourney they ***** me. O_o.

Wes - You beat me good, but I hope I'm getting closer to your level.

Dave - WTTTTFFFFF, Ima get you back.

Zang - I'm not gonna lie, I'm happy I beat you, but you ***** me last gauntlet. I'm sure you'll get even more amazing and **** me next time. Hope to see you at bomb ^_^, it's always cool talking to you and chillin, and of course smashin.

Fleur - Word up, my B for leaving you out. I didn't see much of you this tourney, I'm sure you did good. thanks for rooting for me vs zang. we'll definitely get some matches in next time we play. I need all the samus practice i can get.

Dire - I heard you say "A-ho? More like A-hole" thats too easy. Come on. lol.

Emblemlord - nice meeting you, I think we started a friendly then it got cut short or somethin. If you come to bomb, we'll definitely get a bunch of matches. I'll show you how to **** in marth dittos and how to fight sheik w/ marth.

Fab - I served you on a platter w/ french fried potatoes.

Guy I played first round - lol

Random people I didn't know - My mario is molest.

Anyone I left out - i probably left you out because I hate you, but if not, my B.

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
Alright, I was gonna wait for results but who knows when those will be up. so here are my shoutouts-

DA- Awesome tourney guys. i'd come to anything you guys put on, it's always a blast to be at a Smash event with DA.

Steel Roo- Good stuff in teams man. we only got stopped by some truly good players, so I don't have any regrets about that matchup. next time we'll get more friendlies in.

Handsome Comp- ah man how was my Samus in that tourney fight? I'm coming for your Peach next tourney. I was too close to your Peach this time around. best fight I had all night.

Aho- wtf man you left me out of your shoutouts. haha, you were on fire this tourney. I'm glad I wasn't in your bracket, you were a BEAST. next time you're playing Smash with some peeps drop me a line and I'll help you out with that Samus practice.

Kirbstir- Awesome stuff in teams man. I didn't get to see you at all in singles, haha, but you were rockin teams. nice hoody too.

Zang- sweet falco as always. Can't wait to play you at Bomb 4, and I look forward to you NOT teaming with another awesome Falco. :p lol

PC and Mofo- Congrats on winning teams guys, that totally took me by surprise when you beat Dave and Zang with their own characters, but after watching you guys play you guys definitely earned it.

KM- Friendlies with items on. wtf...

whoever else- I probably didn't put you on here because I forgot your name or something. haha. good **** to everyone, and come to Bomb4. it's gonna rock.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
i just wanted to thank everyone there for this was my first tourny that i went to like this and it was a blast. i had a great time and i faced and talked with some awsome people. i hope by the next one i can get better then i am so i could do a little better. it was really nice to meet all of you though and to those of you who helped me out with advice and what not i thank you again.

oh yea dire sorry about my marth but it gave your fox no problem so it was all cool. i hope to face you at the next one with your controler this time. that cstick on it is awsome lol.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Fleur we didn't get to play too much this time, bomb4 we gotta have like a hidden TV for friendlies

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
True dat Kirbstir. like one and 1/2 friendlies were not enough. but I'll be bringing two TVs to Bomb4, so we'll get friendlies.

Go Drown A Child

Smash Cadet
Steel Kangaroo said:
Heh... that'd be me. I'll rematch at next Gauntlet k? My Young Link?

yea that sounds like a plan... where you from btw?

lol "wtf was that?"
"needles"
"what was it?"
"NEEDLES!"

haha... it had been a while since i had played a sheik :ohwell:

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
First Guantlet and it kicked *** even with the late start and lack of tvs.

Shouts(what little i can remember lol)

D.A~Great touny guys, i had fun and ill be at your next one hopefully.

P.C.~ Good job on winning teams with Mofo and I loved how you told that one guy to shut the **** up about the lack of tvs, that was some funny **** there.

THS~****it I didnt get to play any of you guys that day, I really wanted to play you Zang. Let me know if you guys get together before the next Gauntlet and ill try and make it...if not save a match for me.

Fleur~I think it was you haha. Were you that samus that I played right? If so, that was a good set we played. Both rounds were mad close.

Philly~I saw your Pikachu. It looked pretty good. I wanted to ditto you and see which of us was better. Maybe next time then.

I dont remember anyone else lol. Let me know if you remember me. I was wearing a black shirt and a blue jacket(around my waist most of the time). And I went pure Pikachu the whole gauntlet.

emad1209

Smash Rookie
Does Anyone Here Know "havoc?" Is He A Part Of Da? How Did He Do In The Singles?

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
P.c. Chris said:
Where are the full results =) ?
Heh. I've been waiting for them as well.
PC, we gotta get some friendlies in at Bomb 4. You were too popular at this tourney, haha.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Fun tourney, so many people came to this one and it was packed.
Blaine, good **** hostin such a good tourney, had to leave early so i didnt get to enter.

Aho, good *** mario u caped my ganon to its death, u almost got me in the second match.

Fleur - Nice samus bro, even tho we only fought in team friendlies, hope u can come to the next gauntlet.

Fab - I know you were playing sloppy that day, but keep workin out that sheik to do good against falcos and foxes. Come over on friday to practice.

KM - Lol you were 4 stocking everybody with fox and marth so i had to fight you and get my a** kicked too, u caught me with that tipper for the Win, thought i had you for a sec.

Jagger - You scram mad loud when u fought agasint d1's team. U cursed out loud when you won that second match. You didnt expect me to do all that crazy stuff with DK right?

Bulb, you finally came to a gauntlet man, after missing like the last 4, ur still as good as ever with falco. Didnt get to fight you tho

Jay0yeah - **** boy, i saw that match you had against dave, u couldnt breathe. Good stuff in our friendlies tho, ur only after my mario eh?

Everyone else i played and hung out with, good stuff.

Show the full results. I wanna see if anybody decent got like 55th place, so i can laugh at them...........JK.

Gotta get back to class now.......

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
Results

1 DAVE!!!! Winnings: $595.00
2 PC chris Winnings: $170.00
3 Wes Winnings: $85.00
4 Mofo Winnings: $0.00
5 Aho
5 Killa OR
7 Kirbistir
7 KM
9 Ron
9 Blu
9 Zang
9 Comp
13 Havoc
13 G-reg
13 Tetra
13 Angel wing
17 Silven
17 D1
17 Raptor hawk
17 Will
17 bigg
17 Dire
17 fleur de lis
17 Ikana
25 Jagger
25 Boocif
25 Steel Roo
25 Dark Link
25 Driftman
25 Mega
25 Lucas D
25 mike
33 0
33 Starzonedge
33 mooplet
33 WOZ
33 Mike A
33 OK
33 Lumberjack
33 Killa marth
33 Zim
33 Kira
33 Mr.E
33 Hefaustios
33 Blaze
33 Emblem Lord
33 Hax
33 Dyse
49 Jay o yea
49 Bye
49 Fab
49 Jekyl
49 Malcom X
49 Zala
49 Emad Barg
49 Tomic
49 Chaos
49 Bye
49 Nick
49 Junnnie Sim
49 sLaya
49 Sinister Urge
49 Frank the tank
49 Mike Blaine

1 who da *** is dr.mario Winnings: $308.00
2 Spam Jam Winnings: $88.00
3 casey rayback strikes back Winnings: $44.00
4 sketchball Winnings: $0.00
5 deaddaim
5 we masor!!!!
7 i chaingrabbed your mom
7 team thunder shine
9 nobody expects smaushi
9 **** wow
9 killer pakiman/alex
9 relentless assault
13 2much
13 DTS
13 XBlaze
13 teh roxorz teh big 11 oneone
17 killaace
17 Bye
17 team gujju
17 lucas&decek
17 dr.jeckymr.hyde
17 Bye
17 joey&chris
17 darkchaos

X Japan

Smash Lord
1 DAVE!!!! Winnings: $595.00
2 PC chris Winnings: $170.00
3 Wes Winnings: $85.00
4 Mofo Winnings: $0.00
5 Aho
5 Killa OR
7 Kirbistir
7 KM
9 Ron
9 Blu
9 Zang
9 Comp
13 Havoc
13 G-reg
13 Tetra
13 Angel wing
17 Silven
17 D1
17 Raptor hawk
17 Will
17 bigg
17 Dire
17 fleur de lis
17 Ikana
25 Jagger
25 Boocif
25 Steel Roo
25 Dark Link
25 Driftman
25 Mega
25 Lucas D
25 mike
33 0 aka Zero
33 Starzonedge
33 mooplet
33 WOZ
33 Mike A
33 OK
33 Lumberjack
33 Killa marth
33 Zim
33 Kira
33 Mr.E
33 Hefaustios
33 Blaze
33 Emblem Lord
33 Hax
33 Dyse
49 Jay o yea
49 Fab
49 Jekyl
49 Malcom X
49 Zala
49 Emad Barg
49 Tomic
49 Chaos
49 Nick
49 Junnnie Sim
49 sLaya
49 Sinister Urge
49 Frank the tank
49 Mike Blaine

1 who da *** is dr.mario Winnings: $308.00
2 Spam Jam Winnings: $88.00
3 casey rayback strikes back Winnings: $44.00
4 sketchball Winnings: $0.00
5 deaddaim
5 we masor!!!!
7 i chaingrabbed your mom
7 team thunder shine
9 nobody expects smaushi
9 **** wow
9 killer pakiman/alex
9 relentless assault
13 2much
13 DTS
13 XBlaze
13 teh roxorz teh big 11 oneone
17 killaace
17 team gujju
17 lucas&decek
17 dr.jeckymr.hyde
17 joey&chris
17 darkchaos

this is without all the byes. well i want to give my shoutouts when i gave out the results, but whatever anyway.

to everyone who came thanks for coming and hope you all had a great time. sorry about the lack TVs and Cubes and for 1v1 running late, but **** happens what else can i say.

i like to thank MD for showing up. hopefully you guys come again. i really didn't talk to you guys that much so this is all i can really say about you guys.

Tetra/Big G - thanks for helping out with the brackets Tetra. Big G i know how you felt when you fought Tetra, but can you really blame him. he did what he had to do to win, but yo their's always next time.

Dark Bulb/AngelWing - yea i listen to Moi dix Mois. Dialogue Symphonie (Instrumental) is one of my fav tracks from them. since its Mana's new group and its the only J-Rock band that sounds like Malice Mizer. but your it was great talking with you and thanks for lending 2 cubes. hopefully you come to the next one and we can talk more about other j-rock bands.

Zang - man its way too wierd now just looking at you now. grow the hair back please.

Fleur de Lis - thanks for you and your boy for coming hope for you guys to come again. i didn't talk to you much as well sorry about that.

PC/MoFo - PC as always thanks for showing up and grats on finally beating Wes in a tourney. MoFo its been a while. you did a lot better than the last Gauntlet you was at. i didn't get to talk to you both that much, but next time.

D1 - of all the times you've brung your Cube this was the 1st you didn't. i'm not mad, but d@mn i was just surprize. but yo better luck next time.

Dark Link - next time you come we got to talk more man.

i really didn't get everyone names that day and their was some random ppl i did talk to for like 5 mins or show during Wes vs. WOZ match, but anyway i hope everyone had fun this Gauntlet and hopefully you guys come again to the next one on the 19. well later.

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
YEAH!!! 7th Place in Teams! Pretty **** good for a random team! Meh...25th...not too shabby...just didnt get to finish my last match...me vs g-reg was pretty close...coulda gone either way.

Hefaustos

Smash Journeyman
Wow...This thread continues to hold strong(***sniff***sniff***)Well...yea. i had a great time, and i hope 2 c my nu pals next time around. ANd finally we get d results('sides d fact they spelled my name wrong.....)ANyway,lol, C u guys soon.....Oh and Zang...Ill PM u soon 2 get some practice 4 d other eevnts...it was great 2 finally meet u..ill talk 2 u soon
**Hefaustos**

fkucdaw0rld

Smash Cadet
my first smash experience outside of my group of friends ever....it went pretty well...i decided not to enter the tourney cuz i knew i wouldnt win but i got in a few friendlies between 12 and 6.....tested my samus against some ppl, dint do as badly as i thought i would, dint do as well as i thought i could....had fun tho, definately lookin forward to goin 2 another one soon...anyone play any frendlies against a samus on that big screen? mite've been me....i miss playing real ppl...so much better than computers

xHayatox

Smash Lord
sounds like some good shiet.. too bad i couldnt make it. :( the next one definately. i already requested the day off :D. alright and the results and new stuff will get uploaded as soon as my bro installs all his harddrive stuff i dunno where he put my files. but see you all soon in another few weeks. :D

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
5th place in teams. Man, if we had won that semi-final round in Winner's brakets, we might have had a chance at Finals and have guarunteed 3rd place at the least. Or something.

Anyway, I'll rise my way up to the top for the next Gauntlet for sure.

Liquid Knives

Smash Cadet
Congrats to all

First gauntlet was fun
Getting stomped by Dave was even funner
Going on a like 4 game winning streak(longest I had for the day) in team friendlies with Steel Kangaroo was funnest.

Again, congrats to all.

And yes, Zang please grow back your hair so you don't look like Spike, not a Neo Nazi or something

DarK LinK -X-

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the shoutout blaine, always good talking to u bud = )
i had a insane headache going on all day during gauntlet and u helped ease it up abit, aprreciated =P

i did alot better then last time so here are my shoutouts

Dave - **** dude its been awhile since we've even talked or play smash, i remembered last year when we hung out with cornerdealie u should me all this crazy **** melee had to offer so i was glad to have met you = ). thanks for all the games we had, i almost beat ur falco that last ditto we had but u ****ed up abit so it was mu lucky 5 minutes xD. i learned alot from playing u so till next time and congrats in 1st place.

Big G & Tetra- i met gill at last gauntlet and i just met tetra at this gauntlet, very skilled players and all around cool guys to chill with, thanks for the games, maybe next time i can beat u 2 sintead of getting just close = /

smasher from SI who goes to tottenvile HS - sorry i totally forgot your name but we had a few freindlies going on on the big screen = ). its cool to see other smashers coming out of Staten Island so we shoulg get more games going. ur fox is pretty nice, keep imporving it =P

WarriorKnight - i underestimated u cause i looks and when we had CF dittos i felt the pain literally xD. ur are pretty **** good in the game and we had some close matches in friendlies. sucks that u had to leave so soon and that i lost that fox match which u said i had won =P. i'll see ya at next gauntlet

D1 - BK smasher, where i was born and raised in bensonhurst, representing brooklyn! u are probably if not the coolest and most respected smasher in my book dude and ur fox is kickin, u did pretty good against wes good **** =P. we shoulg get some matches in at next gauntlet and hopefully i can get my 64 combo video done by then >_>.

Chuck - pulling off ludacris that night, kinda had me fooled for a sec =P. cool guy and pretty **** good at smash also. we had alot of friendlies on the bigscreen that day and those link dittos were pretty evend out = ). we gotta ditto link again come next gauntlet.

DA - (Comp, Wes, Dire, and KillaOR) always great seeing u guys but i never seem to get matches with any of u -.-. maybe next time.

be sure to hit up the buff white guy at the next gauntlet :laugh:

till next time

Top Bottom