- Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
- Items are disabled.
- Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
- Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
- Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
- You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
- A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
- Playing as Master Hand is banned
- Friendly Fire enabled
- Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed
- Final Destination
- Yoshi’s Story
- Dream Land
- Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
- Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]
- Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
- Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]
- Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
- Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
- Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
- The players play the first match of the set
- Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
- The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
- The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
- The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
- The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
- The next match is played
- Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
Stage ListNeutral Stages