• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It may not be the most popular Sonic R song, but I think this one may be my favorite.

Diamond In The Sky is also a catchy one.
The main theme from that game will always be my favorite.

Yeah, we probably should cool it with the embeds tbh.
I was thinking the same thing just now. This will be my last one.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Had a realization in the shower. Most people haven't actually played all of the series that are in Smash, or even most of them.

It's been a goal of mine since Sm4sh to play every game that's represented by a fighter. And not like a little bit, like really get to know these series. Ten years later and I'm an adult with responsibilities, and barely have any time to play video games, and realize that getting into every series in Smash is unfeasible for most normal people my age. The YouTubers I grew up watching that have played so many series are anomalies, and I'm not one of them.

So anyway time to overhaul my backlog cause I don't think I'm gonna be able to get into some of these series, and even cut out some games from series that I actually like.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Had a realization in the shower. Most people haven't actually played all of the series that are in Smash, or even most of them.

It's been a goal of mine since Sm4sh to play every game that's represented by a fighter. And not like a little bit, like really get to know these series. Ten years later and I'm an adult with responsibilities, and barely have any time to play video games, and realize that getting into every series in Smash is unfeasible for most normal people my age. The YouTubers I grew up watching that have played so many series are anomalies, and I'm not one of them.

So anyway time to overhaul my backlog cause I don't think I'm gonna be able to get into some of these series, and even cut out some games from series that I actually like.
Don’t even talk to me if you haven’t okayed Gyromite and/or Stack-Up

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Man that thing barely takes an hour, it doesn't actually check whether you actually stacked them correctly or not. At least Gyromite requires...something pressing on Player 2's A and B buttons.

Even if it's you cleverly setting up your emulator controls.

Noipoi

Howdy!

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

I've played almost every series represented in the Smash roster, but actually beating a game from each is a different story

I think the only ones I haven't touched at all are:

Gyromite/R.O.B.
Duck Hunt*
Wii Fit
Minecraft
Fatal Fury
Bayonetta

*I have a distinct memory of watching my friend play this when I was very young but I cannot be 100% certain that I ever did

If I did ones for games I haven't beaten it would be quite a bit longer

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then why are you in a kickboxing class?
So I can learn to kick your ass. I walked into that one didn't I.Also because my area doesn't offer women's boxing classes without the kicking part so I kinda just took it. If I could I'd be doing Punch-Out style boxing boxing.
Channel your inner Little Mac and give your opponent a Star Punch (invented by Doc Louis)
I can't get a star unless i'm allowed to actually hit someone. Protective pads don't give you stars when you punch them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've played almost every series represented in the Smash roster, but actually beating a game from each is a different story

I think the only ones I haven't touched at all are:

Gyromite/R.O.B.
Duck Hunt*
Wii Fit
Minecraft
Fatal Fury
Bayonetta

*I have a distinct memory of watching my friend play this when I was very young but I cannot be 100% certain that I ever did

If I did ones for games I haven't beaten it would be quite a bit longer
For me it's more complicated.

Played multiple games of and plan on playing more: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultwario::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultsimon:

Played a little bit/one game and interested at playing more: :ultness: :ultinkling: :ultryu: :ultsteve:

Played one game, likely a one and done: :ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultvillager::ultpit::ultlittlemac::ultpacman:

Interested at trying out or getting into: :ultshulk::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulthero::ultjoker::ultsora::ultsnake::ultbanjokazooie:

Most likely not: :ultfalcon::gw::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob: :ultkazuya: :ult_terry: :ultminmin

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still clueless on what exactly Russ is doing during gameplay of Dillon's Rolling Western.

He flies around the map on his copter bike and nothing else.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve played at least one game fro Most of the franchises in smash, and beat a good chunk of them. Out of what I havet played…

:ultbanjokazooie::ultcloud::ulthero::ultjoker::ultgnw::ultlucas::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultrob:

That’s all of them. Played earthbound but not mother. I also plan to play final fantasy and Persona at some point in the future.

Shroob

Sup?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For me it's more complicated.

Played multiple games of and plan on playing more: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultwario::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultsimon:

Played a little bit/one game and interested at playing more: :ultness: :ultinkling: :ultryu: :ultsteve:

Played one game, likely a one and done: :ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultvillager::ultpit::ultlittlemac::ultpacman:

Interested at trying out or getting into: :ultshulk::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulthero::ultjoker::ultsora::ultsnake::ultbanjokazooie:

Most likely not: :ultfalcon::gw::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob: :ultkazuya: :ult_terry: :ultminmin
I'd recommend King Of Fighters '98, at least - it's a "dream match" game, so it's light on story. (it's about $8 on the eShop, if I recall correctly)

(Also, Dragon Quest XI has an 8-10 hour free demo on the Switch's eShop, and you can carry your progress over to the full game)

As for the current topic, I feel like the only game that I haven't played any of would be the games tied to ROB. I played a bit of Wii Fit, though not much. (I played Game & Watch games through the Game & Watch Gallery series, Duck Hunt through the Wii U, and I played ARMS through a free trial on the eShop)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Would be fun to have fighting game boxers as Punch-Out Dream Fights (what I call special guest appearances like Mike Tyson or DK, and what the Tyson fight was called in the NES game). Balrog, Steve Fox, TJ Combo. Would be fun.

Also Muhammad Ali. Would be a cool fight in the same vein as the Tyson fight, but he's dead so it really is a "Dream Fight"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Games I completed: :ultbayonetta::ultbylethf::ultcloud::ultcorrinf::ultinkling::ultjoker::ultkirby::ultlink::ultluigi::ultmario::ultpit::ultrosalina::ultryu::ultsamus::ultsonic::ultsora::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer:
Games I played but never finished: :ultalph::ultbanjokazooie::ultfalcon::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultminmin:ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultsteve::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda:
Never: :ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ultike::ultgnw::ultrob::ultrichter::ultshulk::ultpyra::ultmythra:

Top Bottom