• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sigma Busters (Name Pending): Official Discussion Thread

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I was thinking of doing an inverted ladybug color scheme actually. The outside would be black, with a red inside to go with the vampire motif. I was also thinking yellow eyes, though the change to red isn't something I'm think of working into the sprites/gameplay. Not something you'd actually get to see unless you went up really close. Again, something I'd save for a sequel with 3D models and more dynamic camera movement.
That could also work as well for the character

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Wonder what to do next, hmmm, may do an EPSILON rework or something?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Role: Zoner

Neutral Attack: Volt Palm – A series of open-palm strikes, the strikes themselves are weak, its the electric shockwaves they create that do the most damage.

Forward Tilt: Telsaburst – EPSILON create an orb of volts from their hands to launch forward as a short-range projectile, the final hit is the strongest.

Up Tilt: Nova Upper – A rocker-boosted uppercut that is quick, safe, and decently strong, just a bit-short ranged.

Back Tilt: Afterburn – Using the jets on their backsides, EPSILON blasts foes back with blue fire.

Down Tilt: Rocket Trip – A leg sweep that can trip opponents due to being propelled by rockets.

Dash Attack: Spinning Cosmos – A cosmic tornado that dashes EPSILON forward, good burst movement option and combo tool.

Side Charge: Teslacharge – EPSILON charges an EMP launched from their hands, rather than doing massive damage and knockback, it instead stuns the opponent for follow-ups.

Up Charge: Flare-Up – A beam of light gets summoned to wrap EPSILON, dealing continuous damage whose length is based on the charge of the attack.

Down Charge: Volt Crackler – An electric field wraps around EPSILON, and the force of the field crackles outward as an explosion.

Neutral Air: Jet Kick – A quick, and rather iconic, kick in the air, the jets in EPSILON's body makes this a very fast attack.

Forward Air – Echo Burst – Pressurized sound is sent forward like a sheet of energy, propelling EPSILON back.

Back Air – Backdraft – Jets propel EPSILON backwards, burning anyway caught in the flames behind them.

Up Air – Hadron Pulse – EPSILON launches a pulse of electrical energy upwards to juggler opponents.

Down Air – Comet Kick - A diagonal kick downwards, you can aim it left or right to change the angle.

Neutral Special: Gravity Bubble – EPSILON launches a floating bomb. When first launched, it is propelled away from EPSILON, while pressing the button again will attract the bomb to EPSILON. After a while, the bomb will explode with a decent blast radius. Using the neutral button will shorten the countdown.

Neutral Hyper: Magnet Bomb – 3 bombs revolve around EPSILON for protection, however using any special will propel the bombs away from EPSILON.

Neutral Super: ???

Forward Special: White Flash – EPSILON briefly becomes intangible and dashes forward, the impact of the dash stuns opponents. Good for horizontal recovery but it does leave you into freefall, also the attack has high end-lag in general.

Forward Hyper: White Comet – Now EPSILON will wrap themselves in energy, while this does remove the stunning ability, it becomes much more viable as a recovery move.

Forward Super: ???

Back Special: Black Noise – EPSILON pressurizes air to create a barrier, the barrier will launch any foes that attack the barrier at drastically increased knockback.

Back Hyper: Black Nova – Same as above but the force sending foes back is greater, though it is also more risky to use.

Back Super: ???

Up Special: Jettison – An amiable attack that has EPSILON propel themselves upwards with a burst from their jets.

Up Hyper: Galactic Spinner – A spinning kick propelled by jets, better for diagonal recovery.

Up Super: ???

Down Special: Shine Field – An energy field that reflect projectiles back at increased damage, the energy from this field can damage opponents and send them in an upward direction.

Down Hyper: Shine Buster – EPSILON tosses the energy field in a straight line in front of them, dealing increased damage in a diagonal angle.

Down Super: ???

With this rework, I decided to scrap the gravity manipulation gimmick and instead have EPSILON manipulate their own gravity to attack. Also added some electricity attacks since we lack them.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I am going to work on this game more this weekend, spent a lot of time on Shcool, but now I have the time to continue working. My focus is now to fix the jank I currently have, mainly with crouching and attacking.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
So my intentions for the Hyper Mechanic is that you gain Hyper when giving or receiving damage. I know comeback mechanics are contentious but I feel like for the way it is set-up, it works that way.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Species:

Backstory: Chell is the often perky, somewhat snarky, though legally dubious, top game hunter of her planet Viprin. To the outside people call her and her people poachers, but to Chell personally she sees herself more as game capturer. Viprin gets its named from their native species, the Viprex, snake-like beings whose culture used to consist of hunting other animals indiscriminately for sport, before shifting to more general game hunting, the varied but hard terrain make Viprin a unique site among the galaxy. Chell is considered the best game hunter on her planet, however her... excessive methods have gave her controversy, regardless she gets results. Her skills are so superb that some defiantly not shady businesses want to hire her to kill some... annoying pests.

Appearance: Quite a tall figure, in terms of sheer height she is the tallest among the cast. Her attire matches up with the attire of an Australian stockman, equivalent to American cowboys. She is clad in muddy colors, red, olive, and dark orange, featuring elements that match-up with her profession as a dubiously legal bounty hunter, such as a scratched cowboy hat, a scared arm, and teeth of various galactic critters around her neck. She wears a long red scarf to cover her neck, which is actually much longer than it looks so she hides its true length to perform sneak attacks. Her face is humanoid with vaguely reptilian, having normally palish-gray scales with darker scales along her brow, alongside golden yellow eyes, similar in color scheme to an India Taipan. She also has the forked tongue and pronounced frontal fangs of a viper. Her boots are made out of heavy leather trimmed with metal to give her better traction at the cost of slow walking speed. Finally on her back is a large rifle, resembling a mix of a shot-gun, crossbow, and rifle, that she loads with various colored bullets in her hand.

Role: Zoner/Bruiser

Neutral Attack: Offhand Strike – A single, powerful jab with Chell's offhand, while lacking it combo versatility, it makes up for with some good killing power.

Forward Tilt: Blanks – Loading some blanks in her rifle, Chell shoots a burst from the tip of her gun, dealing high knockback but low power due to being blanks.

Up Tilt: Scattershot – Chell shoots several tiny bullets out of her rifle in a cone-shape, good for juggling people.

Back Tilt: Hilt – Chell bashes the target with the hilt of her rifle, good to combo with her neutral attack or forward tilt.

Down Tilt: Viper Kick – Pulling from another... morally dubious individual, Chell lift her legs up to stomp the opponent with her boot, among the strongest tilts in the game, but also the slowest.

Dash Attack: Kick Back – A dash attack that involves Chell boosting herself with one of her rifle shots while performing a strong shoulder bash.

Side Charge: Mega Bullet – Chell shoots a giant bullet from her rifle that is slow in terms of shooting speed, but high in terms of power.

Up Charge: Firecracker – Launches a rocket upwards the crashes down on the ground below as a trap.

Down Charge: Electro Shot – Shoots a stunning plasma bullet at Chell's shoes.

Neutral Air: Metal Revolver – Chell performs a set of twin kicks in the air with her boots, fast for how strong it is.

Forward Air – Punch Shot – A shot whose force sends Chell slightly back in the air.

Back Air – The Beholster – An axe-like motion made by the hilt of Chell's rifle.

Up Air – Headbanger – Revealing her long neck, Chell thrashes it back and forth like a hammer.

Down Air – The Stomp - Chell stomps the opponent with a powerful spike via her boots. This also pauses her in the air for a bit after use.

Neutral Special: Twin Bullets – Charge up this special to have Chell shoot two high-powered rounds forward in quick succession, don't use it willy nilly as she has to spend some time reloading before she can act again.

Neutral Hyper: Bouncing Shell – Chell shoots a large, drill-shaped bullet into the ground, which bounces in the air and deal continuous damage.

Neutral Super: Heart Shot – An exact shot to the heart, this risky attack leaves the target in a heavily stunned state, good for follow-ups. If it misses Chell has the reload the rifle due to the recoil.

Forward Special: Grapple Shot – One of her stranger bullets, these hooked bullets latch onto either the foe or a ledge, allowing Chell to perform a flying kick or grab the ledge respectively.

Forward Hyper: Toxic Bullets - A slow bullet seeped in poison gets shot at the target, weakening their speed and endurance if it connects.

Forward Super: Snake Eyes – A command grab where Chell stretches out her neck to bite the opponent, dealing them with a deadly toxic to cripple them.

Back Special: Boomerang Bullets – A curved bullet is shot backwards before coming back around, dealing increased damage,

Back Hyper: Rocket Flash – Chell enters a fiery dash caused by the recoil of a particularly powerful bullet. This leaves behind damaging fiery streaklines.

Back Super: Snake Bombs – Chell launches an explosive snake that goes along the ground, a good trapping tool due to clinging onto walls.

Up Special: Banging Bullets – Chell shoots her gun downwards to launch herself, then she can follow that up with a fiery dropkick from her boot, a flexible, albiet slow, recovery.

Up Hyper: Grappling Chain – Angle a chained hook to be shot out, the landing site determining where Chell will end up at.

Up Super: Bullet Kick – Three rapid-fire kicks in a row get performed to dash in the air, her best recovery tool.

Down Special: Fang Whip – Chell charges her neck to perform a strike with venom-soaked fangs. The longer the charge the more powerful the strike, this attack has some super-armor.

Down Hyper: Venom Stream – An edge-guarding tool that has Chell spray venom to damage and push people off stage.

Down Super: Constrict – Chell constricts the target with a powerful grab, leaving them in a heavily stunned state.

Hey Kirbeh Kirbeh I decided to separate some moveset concepts into an extra category for potential creation after the game has been released. This is my newest one, it is also one of my favorites, its considered an extra due to the large number of projectiles involved, though it could work in the base game too. I tried to make her the anti-Ganondorf, she is the slowest character in the game and one of the heaviest, but she takes that slowness with far-off attacks that pack a punch, might be also a more unique idea for a female heavyweight, how do you like it, any moveset reviews or reworks?

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Some mechanical changes I want to conceptulize:

Ledges are removed, I feel it makes the game more offensive and less campy. Tether grabs are reworked to hang off any part of the stage and you are free to get another double jump if you tether to the stage.

New Action - Meter Jump - When you expend a double jump or are in freefall, you can spend some meter to gain an extra jump, which resets your freefall. This means you can use moves that use freefall twice in a row, which is a good recovery option. However, the more you use this action in the air, the more meter it will cost, and the only way to remove this cost increase is to land on the ground, meaning the more you use, the more expensive it gets.

Also one other thing, I don't know if Ahab... fits in this game, I feel like he is sort out of an outlier after the other fighter concepts we made, so I may replace him, I am kinda interested in what you have in mind for that pig guy you made Kirbeh Kirbeh so I am intrigued in a pitch for that, I still want the same role filled of a heavy bruiser with burst movement options and a surprisingly good air game so focusing on that is nice.

Another another thing, Back Specials I am sort of 50/50 split on, I like how you set up the hyper attacks but Back Specials just seem harder to implement control-wise and gameplay wise. The argument behind that is some side specials are used as a recovery option and so cutting a recovery option in one direction seems a bit unnecessary, plus it would likely conflict with how you input charge attacks unlike Back Tilts since you could just use the tilt stick in the opposite direction. That is me just being practical on that, since I don't like complication for the sake of complication, but there is a chance it may not work fluidly.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Question: is there any in-development pictures showing development progress?
Yes there is progress, but it's mostly code and stuff that i dont really know how to screenshot without confusing people, I'm trying to make a template character, that character being a recreation of fox, and I've made some actions for him, I'll try to show some images in the future

Here are the actions I coded so far
Jumping
Short Hop
Fast Falling
Wavedashing
Double Jump
Attack Hitboxes
Tilt Attacks
Jab
Character Stats
Walking, Running, Dashing

In the process of completing
Air Attacks
Projectiles
Grabs

So yeah there is a lot of progress done, I'll admit some stuff takes a while compared to others, but I have progress, it's just that it's mostly code that I don't know is interesting enough to show

EDIT: here are some snipit of actual code for the game, from top to bottom they are character stats, projectile code, and the labels of different states. Of course the full pages are too bit for me to show in full, so I hope these pieces are good indication of my progress.
Screenshot (798).png
Screenshot (799).png
Screenshot (800).png

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Species:

Backstory: Chell is the often perky, somewhat snarky, though legally dubious, top game hunter of her planet Viprin. To the outside people call her and her people poachers, but to Chell personally she sees herself more as game capturer. Viprin gets its named from their native species, the Viprex, snake-like beings whose culture used to consist of hunting other animals indiscriminately for sport, before shifting to more general game hunting, the varied but hard terrain make Viprin a unique site among the galaxy. Chell is considered the best game hunter on her planet, however her... excessive methods have gave her controversy, regardless she gets results. Her skills are so superb that some defiantly not shady businesses want to hire her to kill some... annoying pests.

Appearance: Quite a tall figure, in terms of sheer height she is the tallest among the cast. Her attire matches up with the attire of an Australian stockman, equivalent to American cowboys. She is clad in muddy colors, red, olive, and dark orange, featuring elements that match-up with her profession as a dubiously legal bounty hunter, such as a scratched cowboy hat, a scared arm, and teeth of various galactic critters around her neck. She wears a long red scarf to cover her neck, which is actually much longer than it looks so she hides its true length to perform sneak attacks. Her face is humanoid with vaguely reptilian, having normally palish-gray scales with darker scales along her brow, alongside golden yellow eyes, similar in color scheme to an India Taipan. She also has the forked tongue and pronounced frontal fangs of a viper. Her boots are made out of heavy leather trimmed with metal to give her better traction at the cost of slow walking speed. Finally on her back is a large rifle, resembling a mix of a shot-gun, crossbow, and rifle, that she loads with various colored bullets in her hand.

Role: Zoner/Bruiser

Neutral Attack: Offhand Strike – A single, powerful jab with Chell's offhand, while lacking it combo versatility, it makes up for with some good killing power.

Forward Tilt: Blanks – Loading some blanks in her rifle, Chell shoots a burst from the tip of her gun, dealing high knockback but low power due to being blanks.

Up Tilt: Scattershot – Chell shoots several tiny bullets out of her rifle in a cone-shape, good for juggling people.

Back Tilt: Hilt – Chell bashes the target with the hilt of her rifle, good to combo with her neutral attack or forward tilt.

Down Tilt: Viper Kick – Pulling from another... morally dubious individual, Chell lift her legs up to stomp the opponent with her boot, among the strongest tilts in the game, but also the slowest.

Dash Attack: Kick Back – A dash attack that involves Chell boosting herself with one of her rifle shots while performing a strong shoulder bash.

Side Charge: Mega Bullet – Chell shoots a giant bullet from her rifle that is slow in terms of shooting speed, but high in terms of power.

Up Charge: Firecracker – Launches a rocket upwards the crashes down on the ground below as a trap.

Down Charge: Electro Shot – Shoots a stunning plasma bullet at Chell's shoes.

Neutral Air: Metal Revolver – Chell performs a set of twin kicks in the air with her boots, fast for how strong it is.

Forward Air – Punch Shot – A shot whose force sends Chell slightly back in the air.

Back Air – The Beholster – An axe-like motion made by the hilt of Chell's rifle.

Up Air – Headbanger – Revealing her long neck, Chell thrashes it back and forth like a hammer.

Down Air – The Stomp - Chell stomps the opponent with a powerful spike via her boots. This also pauses her in the air for a bit after use.

Neutral Special: Twin Bullets – Charge up this special to have Chell shoot two high-powered rounds forward in quick succession, don't use it willy nilly as she has to spend some time reloading before she can act again.

Neutral Hyper: Bouncing Shell – Chell shoots a large, drill-shaped bullet into the ground, which bounces in the air and deal continuous damage.

Neutral Super: Heart Shot – An exact shot to the heart, this risky attack leaves the target in a heavily stunned state, good for follow-ups. If it misses Chell has the reload the rifle due to the recoil.

Forward Special: Grapple Shot – One of her stranger bullets, these hooked bullets latch onto either the foe or a ledge, allowing Chell to perform a flying kick or grab the ledge respectively.

Forward Hyper: Toxic Bullets - A slow bullet seeped in poison gets shot at the target, weakening their speed and endurance if it connects.

Forward Super: Snake Eyes – A command grab where Chell stretches out her neck to bite the opponent, dealing them with a deadly toxic to cripple them.

Back Special: Boomerang Bullets – A curved bullet is shot backwards before coming back around, dealing increased damage,

Back Hyper: Rocket Flash – Chell enters a fiery dash caused by the recoil of a particularly powerful bullet. This leaves behind damaging fiery streaklines.

Back Super: Snake Bombs – Chell launches an explosive snake that goes along the ground, a good trapping tool due to clinging onto walls.

Up Special: Banging Bullets – Chell shoots her gun downwards to launch herself, then she can follow that up with a fiery dropkick from her boot, a flexible, albiet slow, recovery.

Up Hyper: Grappling Chain – Angle a chained hook to be shot out, the landing site determining where Chell will end up at.

Up Super: Bullet Kick – Three rapid-fire kicks in a row get performed to dash in the air, her best recovery tool.

Down Special: Fang Whip – Chell charges her neck to perform a strike with venom-soaked fangs. The longer the charge the more powerful the strike, this attack has some super-armor.

Down Hyper: Venom Stream – An edge-guarding tool that has Chell spray venom to damage and push people off stage.

Down Super: Constrict – Chell constricts the target with a powerful grab, leaving them in a heavily stunned state.

Hey Kirbeh Kirbeh I decided to separate some moveset concepts into an extra category for potential creation after the game has been released. This is my newest one, it is also one of my favorites, its considered an extra due to the large number of projectiles involved, though it could work in the base game too. I tried to make her the anti-Ganondorf, she is the slowest character in the game and one of the heaviest, but she takes that slowness with far-off attacks that pack a punch, might be also a more unique idea for a female heavyweight, how do you like it, any moveset reviews or reworks?
I gotta say I really like this one, probably one of your best so far. I do have a few changes/suggestions I'd like to go over, but to also address the second question I will do so later this week. Same goes for further move set reviews on the other cast members. This and the coming week are going to keep me busy with irl stuff. Mostly been checking up on the boards at work via mobile during break or when I can sneak a chance. Or super late at night...

Some mechanical changes I want to conceptulize:

Ledges are removed, I feel it makes the game more offensive and less campy. Tether grabs are reworked to hang off any part of the stage and you are free to get another double jump if you tether to the stage.

New Action - Meter Jump - When you expend a double jump or are in freefall, you can spend some meter to gain an extra jump, which resets your freefall. This means you can use moves that use freefall twice in a row, which is a good recovery option. However, the more you use this action in the air, the more meter it will cost, and the only way to remove this cost increase is to land on the ground, meaning the more you use, the more expensive it gets.

Also one other thing, I don't know if Ahab... fits in this game, I feel like he is sort out of an outlier after the other fighter concepts we made, so I may replace him, I am kinda interested in what you have in mind for that pig guy you made Kirbeh Kirbeh so I am intrigued in a pitch for that, I still want the same role filled of a heavy bruiser with burst movement options and a surprisingly good air game so focusing on that is nice.

Another another thing, Back Specials I am sort of 50/50 split on, I like how you set up the hyper attacks but Back Specials just seem harder to implement control-wise and gameplay wise. The argument behind that is some side specials are used as a recovery option and so cutting a recovery option in one direction seems a bit unnecessary, plus it would likely conflict with how you input charge attacks unlike Back Tilts since you could just use the tilt stick in the opposite direction. That is me just being practical on that, since I don't like complication for the sake of complication, but there is a chance it may not work fluidly.
I personally like ledges and would prefer for them to stay, but with the caveat of reducing ledge invincibility or doing something like ledge trumping? This one's a bit tricky tbh.

Meter Jump sounds interesting, but I have to wonder if it reduces the off stage risk a bit too much. I honestly think double jump and up special are sufficient, especially since we have EX variants to make up special even more effective already. Plus, you've also got other character mobility options at play like Weevle's air dash, Aremi's tether and any other movement based special moves.

I do think Ahab needs another rework, but I don't want to abandon the idea. He's gone through a lot of changes on the conceptual side of things, but I still think we can hit a sweet spot that works. As stated previously it won't be right away, but I'll to make sure he's one of the first I post a review/rework for next chance I get. As for Erycles, I'll go back and add in the information I'd previously left blank and give a few more details on his game plan and you can see whether he interests you or not. Though again, not right this moment.

As for Back Specials, if you truly want to remove them, I won't be too bothered by it, though we'll have to rearrange and cut some moves from everyone. I do agree that it could present issues for characters with movement-based side specials.

I would also advise against using charge motions in a game like this as they can't be performed properly when characters can constantly and quickly change direction. The quarter and half circles as well as dragon punch inputs are more than enough for our purposes. A down to up charge might be okay but back to front charge motions don't really work given the freedom of movement.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I gotta say I really like this one, probably one of your best so far. I do have a few changes/suggestions I'd like to go over, but to also address the second question I will do so later this week. Same goes for further move set reviews on the other cast members. This and the coming week are going to keep me busy with irl stuff. Mostly been checking up on the boards at work via mobile during break or when I can sneak a chance. Or super late at night...

I personally like ledges and would prefer for them to stay, but with the caveat of reducing ledge invincibility or doing something like ledge trumping? This one's a bit tricky tbh.

Meter Jump sounds interesting, but I have to wonder if it reduces the off stage risk a bit too much. I honestly think double jump and up special are sufficient, especially since we have EX variants to make up special even more effective already. Plus, you've also got other character mobility options at play like Weevle's air dash, Aremi's tether and any other movement based special moves.

I do think Ahab needs another rework, but I don't want to abandon the idea. He's gone through a lot of changes on the conceptual side of things, but I still think we can hit a sweet spot that works. As stated previously it won't be right away, but I'll to make sure he's one of the first I post a review/rework for next chance I get. As for Erycles, I'll go back and add in the information I'd previously left blank and give a few more details on his game plan and you can see whether he interests you or not. Though again, not right this moment.

As for Back Specials, if you truly want to remove them, I won't be too bothered by it, though we'll have to rearrange and cut some moves from everyone. I do agree that it could present issues for characters with movement-based side specials.

I would also advise against using charge motions in a game like this as they can't be performed properly when characters can constantly and quickly change direction. The quarter and half circles as well as dragon punch inputs are more than enough for our purposes. A down to up charge might be okay but back to front charge motions don't really work given the freedom of movement.
Yeah the more I conceptualize the game the more it strays from the original Smash template, which I do think is definitely a good thing, keeps things distinct

Maybe ledges could work, its just that A the mechanic just is frustrating in my opinion based off poor past experiences, B the mechanic sorta meshes poorly with how I want to set up both offense and defense, and C the ledges code seems to require a full overhaul due to some incompatibility issues when moving from Godot 3.5 to 4.0

Also my last idea for implementing Charge attacks is to have a Smash stick esc button while removing the dumb feature of holding the neutral attack buttons will charge a smash attack... despite already moving the Smash attacks to a separate stick. I feel like some of Smash's poor design choices are affecting my perceptions of some mechanics, making me think harder about them.

Okay so my current plan for standard controls

Neutral Button + Movement Stick - Tilt Attacks
Right Joystick - Charge Attacks
(These two functions can be swapped through the options menu. And when you swap the Charge Attacks to the stick you keep the charge attacks to the stick, meaning no messed up inputs.)
Special Button - Special Attacks
Special Button + Shield - Hyper Attacks
Neutral Button +Special Button + Shield - Hypermax Attacks

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
A little idea for lore, I think in this galaxy there are these creatures classified "Red Marks" which are considered among the most dangerous lifeforms from their respective planets, there is a class of creature beneath them called "Yellow Marks" which are still dangerous but not AS dangerous as the Red Marks. Killing Marks are said to give you a high standing to some species, and the Double Sigma returning has made several marks go outside their home ecosystems, causing a stream of poachers trying to hunt them down. Marks essentially are the bosses and minibosses of the Smash Run equivalent, and some are modified by the Double Sigma to guard its ship. Just a concept but I quite like it.

I also have a concept for Aremi's homestage "Mudbollow Jungle" essentially a competitively viable Hanenbow, its a flat mud platform with tree branches growing out of the ground, these branches create leaf platforms you can stand on, however they have a health bar that degrades the heavier a fighter stands on the leaf, eventually causing it to fall off with a new leaf eventually taking its place. Either a single big leaf, 2 medium sized leaves, or 3 tiny leaves grow as platforms and they cycle in a random, but fair pattern.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
A little idea for lore, I think in this galaxy there are these creatures classified "Red Marks" which are considered among the most dangerous lifeforms from their respective planets, there is a class of creature beneath them called "Yellow Marks" which are still dangerous but not AS dangerous as the Red Marks. Killing Marks are said to give you a high standing to some species, and the Double Sigma returning has made several marks go outside their home ecosystems, causing a stream of poachers trying to hunt them down. Marks essentially are the bosses and minibosses of the Smash Run equivalent, and some are modified by the Double Sigma to guard its ship. Just a concept but I quite like it.

I also have a concept for Aremi's homestage "Mudbollow Jungle" essentially a competitively viable Hanenbow, its a flat mud platform with tree branches growing out of the ground, these branches create leaf platforms you can stand on, however they have a health bar that degrades the heavier a fighter stands on the leaf, eventually causing it to fall off with a new leaf eventually taking its place. Either a single big leaf, 2 medium sized leaves, or 3 tiny leaves grow as platforms and they cycle in a random, but fair pattern.
What does mudbollow mean? Or is it a made up name? I get the mud part but not the bollow.

Also, given the more urban look that we ended up going for for Aremi, I kinda figured she'd have a different kind of stage.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
What does mudbollow mean? Or is it a made up name? I get the mud part but not the bollow.

Also, given the more urban look that we ended up going for for Aremi, I kinda figured she'd have a different kind of stage.
It could be a greenhouse, her home planet is very forested with giant plants. Her home stage should have a large presence of plants either way.

I'm thinking of changing Bouncing Shell to a projectile that can ricochet off floors, and it deals more damage if it ricochets off floors.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Might make Chell less like a snake and more so like a Gila Monster or Komodo Dragon, I still want her to have a venomous bite in her moveset, but a snake just feels weird to me

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I don't know, having a hard time picturing the neck and how it fits behind the scarf.
I mean you have a cast of alien species with superpowers. I don't think it'd be that odd for her to have a longer but still relatively normal length neck that can also stretch when needed. Take the snake idea and mix in some rokurokubi in there. In case you don't know what that is, it's a Japanese yokai of a "cursed long-necked woman." If you're familiar with the character Orochimaru from Naruto, one of his abilities is based on this concept along with his general snake like nature.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I mean you have a cast of alien species with superpowers. I don't think it'd be that odd for her to have a longer but still relatively normal length neck that can also stretch when needed. Take the snake idea and mix in some rokurokubi in there. In case you don't know what that is, it's a Japanese yokai of a "cursed long-necked woman." If you're familiar with the character Orochimaru from Naruto, one of his abilities is based on this concept along with his general snake like nature.
I didn't think of that, I mainly thought the Australian aesthetic since she is based off an Australian snake, but some yokai aesthetic would be cool too.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I started brainstorming and doodling but decided to stop and ask some questions before continuing.

The descriptions you write have been a bit (or completely) off from what you actually had in mind on previous occasions. So just to clarify, when you say her face is humanoid with vague reptilian features, is that actually what you mean? Generally human face but with scales and probably reptilian eyes? Or leaning more on the reptilian side? You say she has a tooth necklace but also a scarf. Would the scarf not be covering the necklace? Or does she wear the necklace on top of the scarf? Also, can you give more details about her personality? Perky and a little snarky are a good start, but how does she approach other characters? If she's a morally gray character, what side does she generally lean toward? Is she meant to be a villainous character based on her hunter/poacher background or is she sympathetic and not as bad as people perceive her?

the quick doodle
snek.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I started brainstorming and doodling but decided to stop and ask some questions before continuing.

The descriptions you write have been a bit (or completely) off from what you actually had in mind on previous occasions. So just to clarify, when you say her face is humanoid with vague reptilian features, is that actually what you mean? Generally human face but with scales and probably reptilian eyes? Or leaning more on the reptilian side? You say she has a tooth necklace but also a scarf. Would the scarf not be covering the necklace? Or does she wear the necklace on top of the scarf? Also, can you give more details about her personality? Perky and a little snarky are a good start, but how does she approach other characters? If she's a morally gray character, what side does she generally lean toward? Is she meant to be a villainous character based on her hunter/poacher background or is she sympathetic and not as bad as people perceive her?

the quick doodle
I quite like this start, the gun is more in line with a shotgun than a pistol. She is more villainous, but of the affably evil type, where she is likeable but does bad things. She is one of those characters that looks good from the outset, but then some people are turned off by her... profession. Levi and Wynnie know she's bad news from the start, Aremi is mostly unaware of her true nature, she could be seen as Kowalski's rival due to him being a very rare species, and LAMBDA could hire her as like to track down some Marks (those strong apex predators) to study for their ship. You can also cut the necklace if you don't like it, anything to make the design mesh well with each other. Also personally I pictured her with more longer hair. Otherwise a good base design.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I quite like this start, the gun is more in line with a shotgun than a pistol. She is more villainous, but of the affably evil type, where she is likeable but does bad things. She is one of those characters that looks good from the outset, but then some people are turned off by her... profession. Levi and Wynnie know she's bad news from the start, Aremi is mostly unaware of her true nature, she could be seen as Kowalski's rival due to him being a very rare species, and LAMBDA could hire her as like to track down some Marks (those strong apex predators) to study for their ship. You can also cut the necklace if you don't like it, anything to make the design mesh well with each other. Also personally I pictured her with more longer hair. Otherwise a good base design.
Yeah, I know it's supposed to be something like a shotgun but I didn't want to post a drawing of a gun in case it was considered bonk worthy by any mods. So I wound up erasing it halfway through and stuck in a png of a croissant instead.

I don't have a problem with the necklace, I just figured it makes more sense to do one or the other for neck accessories. Plus, I do think the scarf is a better fit for the space cowboy/stockman motif and to hide her snake like nature.

As for her alignment, I guess the last I'll ask for now is if there are any characters you can compare her to for reference.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know it's supposed to be something like a shotgun but I didn't want to post a drawing of a gun in case it was considered bonk worthy by any mods. So I wound up erasing it halfway through and stuck in a png of a croissant instead.

I don't have a problem with the necklace, I just figured it makes more sense to do one or the other for neck accessories. Plus, I do think the scarf is a better fit for the space cowboy/stockman motif and to hide her snake like nature.

As for her alignment, I guess the last I'll ask for now is if there are any characters you can compare her to for reference.
Nothing at the top of my head in terms of alignment, she is pretty distinct character wise, like she is a bad guy no doubt about it, but she is also nice enough to likely help someone's car that broke down on the side of the road, really, her fatal flaw is going overboard on her species whole hunter society and so was banished, which led her to get jobs in the black marker to satiate her love for the hunt.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Dev Update - Added all grounded attacks
Also later down the line, I may need to form a team with other programmers, there are issues I am having issues to fix so maybe at a later point finding some other team members will help me a lot.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Question, I've been thinking, would it make more sense for Aremi to shoot seeds out of her mouth of out of her fingers like finger guns? On one head, shooting seeds out of her mouth would be more in character while shooting seeds out of her fingers would potentially allow the move to be better animated to allow the ability to also shoot diagonally.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Question, I've been thinking, would it make more sense for Aremi to shoot seeds out of her mouth of out of her fingers like finger guns? On one head, shooting seeds out of her mouth would be more in character while shooting seeds out of her fingers would potentially allow the move to be better animated to allow the ability to also shoot diagonally.
I think either could work honestly. If she spits them out, you could still achieve multiple angles by either tilting her head up and down slightly or adjusting the angle of her torso. Kinda like Dhalsim's Yoga Flame in Street Fighter.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I think either could work honestly. If she spits them out, you could still achieve multiple angles by either tilting her head up and down slightly or adjusting the angle of her torso. Kinda like Dhalsim's Yoga Flame in Street Fighter.
I'm about to sleep, but maybe when she is in the air she spits the seeds diagonally in a cone, while in the ground she spits them forwards in a straight line?

Or your idea can work, I'm just trying to add layers to the move, though I feel the mechanic of the seeds being set alight with increased damage and hitstun when entering a fire she creates is good enough depth too.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Actually I have a better idea to rework the Seed Shot attack a bit:

When you simply tap the button, you shoot a single seed, resembling a pumpkin seed. This seed is weak and deals no hitstun but its one of the fastest projectiles in the game, good for racking up damage quickly. When held however, Aremi shoots slightly bigger seeds, resembling chestnuts, in a cone-shaped motion, making the attack have bigger damage close-up, and dealing as much histun as a Falco laser, but those seeds have a much shorter range than the normal seeds. However, both seeds can interact with the fire left behind by Aremi's Pumpkin Bombs, setting them on fire and making them deal even more damage, and giving them as much hitstun as a Wolf laser. When used in the air, Aremi shoots a chestnut seed diagonally downward, the force of which pushes her backwards upwards in the air, which is good for air stalling and a good keep-away tool.

Aremi's Pumpkin Bombs are also slightly updated, holding the button influences the arch of the bomb, causing them to travel further, but in a much lower arch compared to the base versions high-arch but short distance range. The bomb can also pre-maturely collide with an opponent, dealing significant damage but not leaving behind a lingering fire. This makes the bombs better as a ledge-guarding tool.

How do these minor updates sound? How can they interact with Aremi's other moveset aspects?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I'm going to clean up a lot of code, since the cutting of ledges and reworking of certain mechanics means a bit of code is rendered useless now and is only increasing space. I am in a transitional period right now, going away from the original Smash inspiration into something brand new, therefore I am open to experimenting with original characters. Thanks for sticking by me.

Also Dev Update - Made a framework for moving platforms.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Overgrown Rig.jpg

I made a more interesting concept for Aremi's homestage. It again takes place in a forest but it is now linked to her home planet's past of mining for Pyronite gas, plus the leaves are edited in a way to be much more interesting platforms. How does the concept look?

Also I am working to make a new character from scratch, maybe starting with basic square sprites before moving to normal sprites, either way I am at a certain point now where I can make original characters.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Levi Rework
Role: Spacer

Gimmick: Tipper - The tip of Levi's sword, Frostpunk, deals extra damage and knockback.

Neutral Attack: Ice Crest – A single upward thrust radiating an icy mist, getting hit by the base of the sword sends the opponent upwards while the tip sends them backwards.

Forward Tilt: Icefall – A downward angled slash from above, with the tip radiating a cyan glow.

Up Tilt: Splinter Shards – A rapid-fire multi-hit move where Levi stabs upwards, dealing many small hits to juggle opponents.

Back Tilt: Polar Cutter – A sideways slash backwards that hits both sides, though the behind deals much more damage and knockback than the front.

Down Tilt: Tip Trip – Levi tries to trip the opponent with his sword, the tip has the highest chance to trip the opponent.

Dash Attack: Blizzard Spin – A spinning motion that has Levi spinning like a tornado, dealing many hits while giving good burst movement.

Side Charge: Ice Breaker – Levi coats his sword in ice to smash into the opponent, a good attack with splash damage from the ice chunks.

Up Charge: Frozen Spear – Levi skewers upwards with his sword, with artic winds sending his foes upwards.

Down Charge: Avalanche – Levi stabs the ground, causing two spikes of ice to jut from each side, his longest range charge attack, albeit one with only decent power.

Neutral Air: Freeze Cutter– A quick triple spin in the air, the edges dealing more damage and knockback.

Forward Air – Hailmaester – A diagonal slash downwards with an ice covered sword, a unique stall and fall that trades ease of use with sheer power.

Back Air – Hilt Jab – An elbow jab where Levi juts his sword's hilt as a quick get off me tool, good knockback, albeit low damage.

Up Air – Waxing Moon – An upwards slash used for juggling opponents, with some icy mist trailing the slash.

Down Air – Waning Moon- A downward slash that creates a potent spike if you hit the tipper of the move.

Neutral Special: Blizzardoes Blade – Mist swirls around Levi's sword, which he then charges for a forward thrust. In the later stages of the move's charge the opponent will be sucked inward to better line up the thrust.

Neutral Hyper: Ice Star – Levi flicks a quick star made of ice at the opponent, the freezing ice of the star stuns opponents quite a bit.

Neutral Super: Frost Dragoon– An all-or-nothing frosty slash that has leaves opponents in a crumpled state if it hits, however it leaves Levi vulnerable if it misses.

Forward Special: Sky Salome – An aimable dash in the air where Levi frantically slashes with all his might, good for attacking and recovery though you'll be sent into freefall afterwards.

Forward Hyper: Skycutter Salome – The attack lasts longer and quicker, though the individual slashes are weaker, with the exception of a powerful final slash.

Forward Super: Sheer Cold Spinner– Levi shoots out a white tornado of snow to push people off the stage.

Up Special: Frostpunk – A slash upwards that can be manipulated left or right, and then you can either perform a powerful crash down or a weaker air dash forward.

Up Hyper: Vital Stab – A very risky attack that is weak overall but the very beginning of the move has incredible launch power. The slash also has higher vertical travel, though you can't perform the fall down or air dash.

Up Super: Crystal Spinner – A spiral-shaped crystal envelops Levi, can be pressed three times to deal damage and lift yourself higher, it breaks when you land onto solid ground, returning you to normal.

Down Special: Counter– A standard counter-attack, strike a defensive pose and when you get attacked you instead reflect the attack back at increased power. Sends foes in an upward angle.

Down Hyper: Frostshine – The counter now has a snowflake-shaped crystal enveloping it, the counter lasts a shorter duration but the counter deals more damage and knockback.

Down Super: Flash Frozen – A risky counter used for the most well-read attacks, if the opponents gets hit they will be frozen and launched a great distance backwards.

Wynnie Rework
Role: Spacer/Bruiser

Gimmick: Gripper - The head of Wynnie's large axe, Volcanox, deals very good damage and knockback, but everywhere else is very weak.

Neutral Attack: Firestarter – A downwards slash from Wynnie's axe, the force of which sends opponents backwards.

Forward Tilt: Char Chop– A sideways chopping attack with some force, the middle of the attack deals the most damage.

Up Tilt: Eruption – A slow powerful slash that leaves burns the ground with magmatic energy, a powerful spiking option and read.

Back Tilt: Sun Cutter – A diagonal slash backwards that hits the ground, also a good spiking option that is safer but harder to aim.

Down Tilt: Trip Tip – Wynnie tries to trip the opponent with her axe, the base has the highest chance to trip the opponent.

Dash Attack: Buzzer Blade – A spinning saw attack that has Wynnie spinning frantically, quite laggy in the end as Wynnie gets a bit dizzy afterwards, but powerful.

Side Charge: Flare Cutter – Wynnie charges her arms to perform a reckless twin spin attack, the spinning motion sends her a bit forward.

Up Charge: Heavy Nova – Wynnie swings her axe, it has some weight with some high start-up as Wynnie struggles to lift her axe into an arch, turns out having a giant battle axe doesn't make you all that agile.

Down Charge: Fissure – Wynnie's powerful axe slash sends a shockwave made of fire forward.

Neutral Air: Red Crest – A slower double spin in the air, the center dealing more damage and knockback.

Forward Air – Ash Blazer – Her quickest aerial, where Wynnie quickly slashes forward, good to set up into combos.

Back Air – Crimson Motion – A strong reckless kick from behind, which causes Wynnie to jut her axe forwards for a weaker hit in front.

Up Air – Solar Eclipse – An upwards bash used for juggling opponents, with some fiery energy trailing the bash.

Down Air – Lunar Eclipse - Winding up for a powerful slam, Wynnie crashed forward with a deadly spike attack.

Neutral Special: Scalding Spinner – Wynnie spins herself into a tornado, quickly dashing across the ground, she is invincible during this attack but the end-lag makes it not an attack to spam.

Neutral Hyper: Burning Trail –The attack is stronger yes, but it also leaves behind a fire trail that acts as a lingering hazard.

Neutral Super: Burning Dragoon– Wynnie rockets forward, leaving behind a fire trail, this can be used as an air dash.

Forward Special: Corona Cutter – Wynnie jumps over projectiles as she leaps forward for a powerful slashing attack before crashing down.

Forward Hyper: Volcano Cutter – The cut this attack performs is much more pronounced, and Wynnie leaps in a larger arch forward.

Forward Super: Rupturing Spire – Wynnie summons a lava pillar upwards to launch foes upwards, the pillar also has a diagonal angle if you press down after using the attack

Up Special: Volcanox– A slash upwards that is followed by a fast dropkick forwards or diagonally downwards.

Up Hyper: Volcanic Volley – An upwards slash that is also a command grab, the force of the slash catches the foe for Wynnie to sends downwards in a dangerous spike.

Up Super: Magma Shredder – A twister-like attack that can be directed by pressing different directions, a solid recovery option.

Down Special: Counter– A standard counter-attack, strike a defensive pose and when you get attacked you instead reflect the attack back at increased power. Sends foes in a horizontal angle.

Down Hyper: Burnshine – The counter now has a flaming crystal enveloping it, the counter lasts a shorter duration but the counter deals more damage and knockback.

Down Super: Inferno – A risky counter used for the most well-read attacks, if the opponents gets hit they will be set ablaze, dealing constant damage and disabling the use of shields.

For these reworks, while not true clones, I gave some attacks compare and contrasts to focus on how despite looking different, they are the same subspecies. I imagine the supers has the two transform into a Leviathan or Wyvern respectively to perform their attacks. Also of all the movesets, these two seem to be the most simplest to make a moveset out of, so maybe focus on them, how do you like it Kirbeh Kirbeh ?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Ahab Rework
Attributes – I reduced his jumps from 4 to 2. He's still good in the air and has other means of making his air game even better later in the move set.

Neutral Attack: Hammerhead Combo – A quick jab, followed by a straight punch, and ending with a strong headbutt.

F-Tilt: Fishing Line – A left hook. Press again to combo into a downward swing.

Up Tilt: Updraft - A short uppercut, useful for juggles.

Down Tilt: Wave Breaker – A leg sweep using Ahab's tail. Pushes opponents forward. Similar animation to Fox/Falco's D-Tilts in Smash.

Dash Attack: Sea Leg Sweeper – Ahab comes to a quick stop while plunging low to swing at an opponent's legs, knocking them down.

Forward Charge: Hull Smasher – Ahab steps forward to delivering a strong body blow.

Up Charge: Mast Breaker – Beginning from a crouch, Ahab quickly rises, delivering a strong uppercut. Anti-air and KO tool.

Down Charge: Tornado Blow – A short-range body blow enhanced by wind. Only hits on one side but serves as a launcher to start juggles and air combos.

Neutral Air: Anchor Arms – Ahab strikes a pose, flexing his muscles.

Forward Air: Vacuum Punch – Ahab launches an incredibly fast, wind powered punch at a slight diagonal angle. The wind adds some deceptive range and opponents caught close enough will be spiked from a sweet spot.

Back Air: Tailwind – Ahab swings his tail, fanning it behind himself. The wind generated propels him forward.

Up Air: Wind Spout – Ahab spews a short jet of wind from his blowhole to hit opponents above him. Useful for scoring K.O.'s off the top blast zone.

Down Air: Barknuckle (Barnacle) – Ahab falls on his side and swings his arm down for a powerful backhand punch.

Grab – Clinch
Pummel – Body Blow

Forward Throw: Heavy Swing – Ahab slugs the opponent hard, sending them reeling.

Back Throw: Whirlwind Toss – Ahab spins around while hold onto the opponent and launches them away.

Up Throw: Launching Blow – Ahab delivers a strong uppercut, launching opponents upward.

Down Throw: Hit the Deck!
- Ahab decks the opponent in the face, knocking them down and sending them sliding along the ground.

Neutral Special: Tornado Punch – A wind powered, wind-up punch. Increases in power the longer it's charged. The charge can be stored for later use.

Hyper Version: Unleashes a fully charged punch without needing to charge. The wind surrounding his fist is greater in size as well, extending the moves range a bit.

Side Special: Cyclone Spinner – Ahab launches a quick punch with very little range, but unleashes a small whirlwind. The whirlwind will travel a set distance and remain on stage until either an opponent or Ahab makes contact with it. Upon contact it will launch opponents upward while dealing a bit of damage. For Ahab, it will simply propel him upward.

Up to two whirlwinds can be out at a time.

The angle that the whirlwind is launched into can be adjusted by tilting diagonally up or down and can also be used in midair.

If Ahab touches one in midair, it will restore his double jump if he's already used it.

Hyper Version: The whirlwinds now deal multiple hits on opponents before launching them and Ahab himself gains much more height off of them.

The Hyper version acts a third whirlwind, not counting toward his regular max of 2.

Up Special: Cyclone Upper – Ahab will perform a leaping uppercut while spinning. His direction can be influenced a bit by tilting left or right.

Touching a Cyclone Spinner will extend Cyclone Uppers duration.

Hyper Version: Ahab spins faster, drawing opponents in for multiple hits. The move also goes a bit higher and covers more distance when tilting left or right.

Down Special: Storm Chaser – Ahab will charge forward delivering a lunging straight punch. This move has armor allowing it to tank most projectiles and weak tilt attacks. In the air, this move will have Ahab dive at an angle delivering a “superman” punch. A boxer's version of a dive kick style move essentially.

Touching a Cyclone Spinner will cancel Storm Chaser's momentum and bounce him upward.

Hyper Version: The move travels much faster and gains hyper armor, allowing it to tank and overpower charge attacks.

Hypermax Neutral: Cetacean Cyclone – Ahab inhales deeply and then leans forward, expelling a vortex of wind from his blowhole. The vortex functions somewhat like a “beam” super and can be aimed up or down slightly by tilting the stick.

Hypermax Side: Torrent Twister – Ahab launches a short punch like when using Cyclone Spinner, but instead launches a twister of roughly his own size. The windstorm constantly moves forward, dealing multiple hits to any opponents caught in it.

Hypermax Up: Flying Whale Fist
– Ahab unleashes a powerful uppercut, taking opponents high into the sky if it connects. You can spend another bar to perform a body slam and bring the opponent crashing back down.

Hypermax Down: Aerodynamics – An install super that surrounds Ahab in wind. While in this state, his jumps, ground speed and air speed are higher.

ahabsheet1.png

ahabsheet2.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ahab Rework
Attributes – I reduced his jumps from 4 to 2. He's still good in the air and has other means of making his air game even better later in the move set.

Neutral Attack: Hammerhead Combo – A quick jab, followed by a straight punch, and ending with a strong headbutt.

F-Tilt: Fishing Line – A left hook. Press again to combo into a downward swing.

Up Tilt: Updraft - A short uppercut, useful for juggles.

Down Tilt: Wave Breaker – A leg sweep using Ahab's tail. Pushes opponents forward. Similar animation to Fox/Falco's D-Tilts in Smash.

Dash Attack: Sea Leg Sweeper – Ahab comes to a quick stop while plunging low to swing at an opponent's legs, knocking them down.

Forward Charge: Hull Smasher – Ahab steps forward to delivering a strong body blow.

Up Charge: Mast Breaker – Beginning from a crouch, Ahab quickly rises, delivering a strong uppercut. Anti-air and KO tool.

Down Charge: Tornado Blow – A short-range body blow enhanced by wind. Only hits on one side but serves as a launcher to start juggles and air combos.

Neutral Air: Anchor Arms – Ahab strikes a pose, flexing his muscles.

Forward Air: Vacuum Punch – Ahab launches an incredibly fast, wind powered punch at a slight diagonal angle. The wind adds some deceptive range and opponents caught close enough will be spiked from a sweet spot.

Back Air: Tailwind – Ahab swings his tail, fanning it behind himself. The wind generated propels him forward.

Up Air: Wind Spout – Ahab spews a short jet of wind from his blowhole to hit opponents above him. Useful for scoring K.O.'s off the top blast zone.

Down Air: Barknuckle (Barnacle) – Ahab falls on his side and swings his arm down for a powerful backhand punch.

Grab – Clinch
Pummel – Body Blow

Forward Throw: Heavy Swing – Ahab slugs the opponent hard, sending them reeling.

Back Throw: Whirlwind Toss – Ahab spins around while hold onto the opponent and launches them away.

Up Throw: Launching Blow – Ahab delivers a strong uppercut, launching opponents upward.

Down Throw: Hit the Deck! - Ahab decks the opponent in the face, knocking them down and sending them sliding along the ground.

Neutral Special: Tornado Punch – A wind powered, wind-up punch. Increases in power the longer it's charged. The charge can be stored for later use.

Hyper Version: Unleashes a fully charged punch without needing to charge. The wind surrounding his fist is greater in size as well, extending the moves range a bit.

Side Special: Cyclone Spinner – Ahab launches a quick punch with very little range, but unleashes a small whirlwind. The whirlwind will travel a set distance and remain on stage until either an opponent or Ahab makes contact with it. Upon contact it will launch opponents upward while dealing a bit of damage. For Ahab, it will simply propel him upward.

Up to two whirlwinds can be out at a time.

The angle that the whirlwind is launched into can be adjusted by tilting diagonally up or down and can also be used in midair.

If Ahab touches one in midair, it will restore his double jump if he's already used it.

Hyper Version: The whirlwinds now deal multiple hits on opponents before launching them and Ahab himself gains much more height off of them.

The Hyper version acts a third whirlwind, not counting toward his regular max of 2.

Up Special: Cyclone Upper – Ahab will perform a leaping uppercut while spinning. His direction can be influenced a bit by tilting left or right.

Touching a Cyclone Spinner will extend Cyclone Uppers duration.

Hyper Version: Ahab spins faster, drawing opponents in for multiple hits. The move also goes a bit higher and covers more distance when tilting left or right.

Down Special: Storm Chaser – Ahab will charge forward delivering a lunging straight punch. This move has armor allowing it to tank most projectiles and weak tilt attacks. In the air, this move will have Ahab dive at an angle delivering a “superman” punch. A boxer's version of a dive kick style move essentially.

Touching a Cyclone Spinner will cancel Storm Chaser's momentum and bounce him upward.

Hyper Version: The move travels much faster and gains hyper armor, allowing it to tank and overpower charge attacks.

Hypermax Neutral: Cetacean Cyclone – Ahab inhales deeply and then leans forward, expelling a vortex of wind from his blowhole. The vortex functions somewhat like a “beam” super and can be aimed up or down slightly by tilting the stick.

Hypermax Side: Torrent Twister – Ahab launches a short punch like when using Cyclone Spinner, but instead launches a twister of roughly his own size. The windstorm constantly moves forward, dealing multiple hits to any opponents caught in it.

Hypermax Up: Flying Whale Fist – Ahab unleashes a powerful uppercut, taking opponents high into the sky if it connects. You can spend another bar to perform a body slam and bring the opponent crashing back down.

Hypermax Down: Aerodynamics – An install super that surrounds Ahab in wind. While in this state, his jumps, ground speed and air speed are higher.

View attachment 386477
View attachment 386478
I quite love this, my only issues is a lack of a Back Tilt but otherwise a great rework.

Did you see my reworks of Levi's and Wynnie's moveset, I am quite proud of them, any comments.

Also something of note when you eventually make sprites, make sure you send individual sheets for each move, since that way it would be easier for Godot to load those sprites.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I quite love this, my only issues is a lack of a Back Tilt but otherwise a great rework.

Did you see my reworks of Levi's and Wynnie's moveset, I am quite proud of them, any comments.

Also something of note when you eventually make sprites, make sure you send individual sheets for each move, since that way it would be easier for Godot to load those sprites.
In my defense,
Screenshot 2024-03-14 005528.png

In all seriousness, since you were having second thoughts about Back Special, I thought you were extending that to back tilt as well.

And yes, I read through Levi's rework, still need to finish Wynnie's.

I was actually going to do a rework of Levi next too, but I'll probably try to pair it with one for Wynnie as well.

As for sprite work, individual images were already the plan. These doodle dumps are just to better illustrate what I have in mind for each move.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
In my defense,
View attachment 386479

In all seriousness, since you were having second thoughts about Back Special, I thought you were extending that to back tilt as well.

And yes, I read through Levi's rework, still need to finish Wynnie's.

I was actually going to do a rework Levi next too, but I'll probably try to pair it with one for Wynnie as well.

As for sprite work, individual images were already the plan. These doodle dumps are just to better illustrate what I have in mind for each move.
Back Tilts are kept, since I feel like they don't interrupt an opponents kits, Back Specials were an issue since some characters rely on their Side Specials to recover so it would suck if the special that you were going to recover with was for the opposite direction, hence my decision to remove it.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Back Tilts are kept, since I feel like they don't interrupt an opponents kits, Back Specials were an issue since some characters rely on their Side Specials to recover so it would suck if the special that you were going to recover with was for the opposite direction, hence my decision to remove it.
Noted. I'll see what I can come up with for Ahab and make sure to include those in future reworks.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Quick comment on the Aremi home stage. I like the mechanic for the leaves but I do think the platform layout should be less uniform/symmetrical to emphasize that these are plants have overgrown and overrun the place. Feels a bit odd to have them so neatly and evenly spaced for the intended setting.

Top Bottom