• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Also OG logo.

So I assume they'll go with the classic designs.
At this point they’d have to, all this but then the 2016 designs would be really out of place. It’s not even a matter of not liking the reboot anymore at this point.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
IMO I think they need to launch with no less than like 5 new characters. PPG, Joker, Daffy, Beetlejuice, and Dexter would be the ideal lineup for me, as far as likely characters go, but I'd also take the Witch, another Justice League member, Raven, or Samurai Jack.

I do hope that they at some point confirm they are doing Ben 10, even if it will be awhile off.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I think Scooby Doo and Daenerys are possible launch spots, both have had recent hints at them during the joker arg, and Scooby had the base ball cameo

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
We're already less than 2 weeks from release, so unless they really surprise us and do reveal almost every day not counting weekend, I really doubt at this point we're getting that many new characters. I feel like we'll get 1 new next week and that's it, maybe 2 at best.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We're already less than 2 weeks from release, so unless they really surprise us and do reveal almost every day not counting weekend, I really doubt at this point we're getting that many new characters. I feel like we'll get 1 new next week and that's it, maybe 2 at best.
If true, then it's a shameful relaunch. They had over a year, and characters aren't even close to as complex as a Smash fighter. On top of that, we know for a fact Joker's been almost done for at least a year.

I'd also like to hear a name we haven't heard about, like Fred Flintstone or Willy Wonka.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if that's the case... lmao. Good showing Multiversus, a year of being shut down and all you have for us is a character you already finished. How embarrassing.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
If true, then it's a shameful relaunch. They had over a year, and characters aren't even close to as complex as a Smash fighter. On top of that, we know for a fact Joker's been almost done for at least a year.

I'd also like to hear a name we haven't heard about, like Fred Flintstone or Willy Wonka.
I do think relaunch will be characters we heard about, just because those are likey ready first, but I think the first seaosn will have some surprises

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man, y'all are being way too negative. This should be exciting stuff.

Imma go and predict we'll get like three to five new characters ready at launch with like two more ready to be released on consecutive weeks after launch to build up hype for the game.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Imma go and predict we'll get like three to five new characters ready at launch with like two more ready to be released on consecutive weeks after launch to build up hype for the game.
I'd love to be more positive, but between David Zaslav's shenanigans and the baffling cycle of news and information regarding the relaunch, they've not given me a reason to trust that they're going to come out swinging, which is what they need to do.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Considering I wasn't even expecting any new character reveals at all before Joker got revealed, they might have one or two new characters (probably Dexter and PPG) planned for relaunch that marketing just didn't reveal.

Don't get me wrong, Multiversus marketing is still probably the worst I've seen for an upcoming video game, but at this point it would probably do them better to wait until launch to officially reveal any new characters, especially if they only have one or two unannounced ones at launch.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Given David Zaslav, don't be surprise he does something that ends this game for good. After all look what he did to Rooster Teeth.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If there's a demos available for Mutliversus again once the game releases, I might give the game a try.

I've had mixed feelings about the game seeing the previews of it and while it looks solid, I'm not sure if it's one I'll enjoy. Heck, I didn't even get the NASB games (though I might still get 2) simply because it sounded like both games ended up losing most of their active playerbases. This case is different since it's not out yet, but I'm still iffy about how the game plays and the issues plaguing WB itself.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
List of my most wanted characters for Multiversus.

Courage
Eustace Bagge
Godzilla
King Kong
King Shark
Mordecai & Rigby
Scorpion

I'd throw Scooby-Doo in there but he's all but confirmed to happen.

Pipe Dream: Gamera

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Aw screw it why not, updated want list. Leaving out the PPG and Marceline since we know the former is coming and the latter is all but stated to be. Top ten in rough order.

Daffy Duck
Charlie Dompler
Brak
Space Ghost
Samurai Jack
Dexter
Anyone from ATHF (I’m caught between Carl and Meatwad)
Freakazoid
The Red Guy
Courage

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

I'm sorry. I can't help it. Multiversus earned this negativity. I'm hoping to be proven wrong and that they can launch with the bare minimum.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If there's a demos available for Mutliversus again once the game releases, I might give the game a try.

I've had mixed feelings about the game seeing the previews of it and while it looks solid, I'm not sure if it's one I'll enjoy. Heck, I didn't even get the NASB games (though I might still get 2) simply because it sounded like both games ended up losing most of their active playerbases. This case is different since it's not out yet, but I'm still iffy about how the game plays and the issues plaguing WB itself.
You know that the game is free to play? There won't be a demo, you can just play for free. So you have nothing to lose to give the game a try.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Sorry for double posting but Beetlejuice could very well be the next character reveal because of the banana posting and this older tweet.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'm sorry. I can't help it. Multiversus earned this negativity. I'm hoping to be proven wrong and that they can launch with the bare minimum.
After listening to the new OSTs posted, I find that the sad part for me is that when looked at separately from the game's rocky launch, the individual parts of Multiversus are actually pretty damn great. The PPG and Dexter stage themes were phenominal, as well as many other stage themes imo. Not just the themes, but the models and animations of each of the characters were very high quality and did a good job of both being faithful to the character's home series while still retaining cohesiveness. Each of the characters having unique voice interactions and a wide range of dialogue was also a great touch. The gameplay, while laggy, was also pretty satisfying as far as gameplay loops go too.

I totally agree that Multiversus deserves the negativity and suspicion that it has garnered, but it's definitely a shame seeing all of this passion and genuine quality put into a game that was soured by an overambitious dev team, a braindead advertising team, and WB management.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
After listening to the new OSTs posted, I find that the sad part for me is that when looked at separately from the game's rocky launch, the individual parts of Multiversus are actually pretty damn great. The PPG and Dexter stage themes were phenominal, as well as many other stage themes imo. Not just the themes, but the models and animations of each of the characters were very high quality and did a good job of both being faithful to the character's home series while still retaining cohesiveness. Each of the characters having unique voice interactions and a wide range of dialogue was also a great touch. The gameplay, while laggy, was also pretty satisfying as far as gameplay loops go too.

I totally agree that Multiversus deserves the negativity and suspicion that it has garnered, but it's definitely a shame seeing all of this passion and genuine quality put into a game that was soured by an overambitious dev team, a braindead advertising team, and WB management.
I feel like the team isn't super overambitious, I feel like it's more that their team isn't huge and upper management won't hire the needed numbers and insists on this ****ty business model

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I feel like the team isn't super overambitious, I feel like it's more that their team isn't huge and upper management won't hire the needed numbers and insists on this ****ty business model
My main issue with the dev team was that during the first run of the game they set unrealistically high expectations for the game that they couldn't hope to sustain. The initial goal of adding a new character every two weeks is pretty insane for a platform fighter and it's not a sustainable model at all even with a larger team behind the game. Granted, I don't know what really happened behind the scenes or if it was a WB mandate, but I remember the lack of dev communication aside from "we're cooking" tweets when the game showed it wasn't living up to the expectations the devs set for it killed a lot of their initial good-will.

If the devs came out of the gate with more reasonable expectations, the game would've probably done much better.

Top Bottom