• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't think this thread has been made yet. I'm happy tho. I like the game so far, amazing aesthetic. Anyone else hyped?
The fact that the Goddamn Batman has Kevin Conroy as VA and the Burton Batmobile in his stage is reason enough. Whether this game can get OK K.O. stuff later would be the definite clinching point, but until then it's a good start. :morty:

Oh, and they actually have classic Harley as a skin. 🥰

I can't understand for the life of me why they'd not try to port it to Switch though. This hardly looks like a taxing game.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Most of my hopes for this game are dumb ****post picks/longshots. Eric Andre is by far my most wanted, and with the team-based focus of this game, I want him to be the only character who actively hinders his teammates. Most of his moves are incredibly RNG reliant and one of his specials is just recreating the “who killed Hannibal” bit with whoever he’s teamed up with.

Also just saying, I will pop the **** off if this game can make Giorno Giovanna vs Tony Soprano happen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Most of my hopes for this game are dumb ****post picks/longshots. Eric Andre is by far my most wanted, and with the team-based focus of this game, I want him to be the only character who actively hinders his teammates. Most of his moves are incredibly RNG reliant and one of his specials is just recreating the “who killed Hannibal” bit with whoever he’s teamed up with.

Also just saying, I will pop the **** off if this game can make Giorno Giovanna vs Tony Soprano happen.
I mean, according to the website, we're in this for the long run, so it might happen.

MultiVersus is regularly updated with new characters, stages, modes, in-game events, variants and more.
Also, I have nothing but respect for you bringing up Eric Andre at all, I never expected to talk about him on here.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
The fact that the Goddamn Batman has Kevin Conroy as VA and the Burton Batmobile in his stage is reason enough. Whether this game can get OK K.O. stuff later would be the definite clinching point, but until then it's a good start. :morty:

Oh, and they actually have classic Harley as a skin. 🥰

I can't understand for the life of me why they'd not try to port it to Switch though. This hardly looks like a taxing game.
Oh, Are there any more screenshots of the costumes?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
When it was brought to my attention that Austin Powers is owned by WB, he immediately became my most wanted. Honestly noone else even comes close lol.

I guess some other hopes would include
  • Flash
  • Green Lantern
  • Neo
  • Gandalf
  • Wile E. Coyote
  • **** Dastardly
  • Monsterverse Godzilla (Godzilla might come close to Austin Powers for me actually)
  • A Wizard of Oz Character (Dorothy would be obvious, but maybe Wicked Witch of the West as a villain pick)
  • Emmett from The Lego Movie
  • Xavier Renegade Angel (VERY unlikely lol)

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
We need this so we can have a Chris Pratt character in every crossover platform fighter.

Also lmao Smashboards won't let you say **** Dastardly, guess we're just gonna have to call him Rick.
100% serious right now, I'd actually love **** Dastardly.
He was the best part of that movie.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Interesting fact: WB is the one that distributed Detective Pikachu movie worldwide.

That would be a fun dlc guest

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, I haven't seen much discussion over the game's apparent final boss.

Making The Nothing from The Neverending Story into a Thanos-level threat is some incredible level scaling, I tell you what.

No, but who will main Rick?

Answer: Only me, right?
Well, that's selling him short. Who wouldn't want to main a nutty scientist responsible for one of the silliest memes in modern times?

Darn...

Edit[11/20/21 at 9:39 PM]
View attachment 338316
This wishlist is from a youtuber i rarely see and i thought about showing it off here to see what you guys think of his choices or any of these characters chances?
Seeing how IO had a tricky relationship with any publisher they've associated with for Hitman before, I sadly can't see Agent 47 get in this.

Pretty decent list otherwise though. Neo has the best chance after The Joker, since Resurrections is a thing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That was a rhetorical question. I'm just saying that there'd be more than a handful of people who'd want to main Rick.

Come to think of it, is there a character in WB's entire stable of properties that would have extremely limited appeal? Hard to narrow it down when non-combatants are already being humored as possibilities.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Arya is the most exciting addition so far. Not because I have any attachment to GOT but because it represents that they're not afraid to go for properties that are considered "ill fitting" for a game like this. nothing is off the table.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And finally. Look, sometimes, you want crossovers to embrace the stupid. Give me a CG trailer showing off Neo fighting off... Neo.
I do wonder if we'll even get CGI trailers for this. Even the low-budget NASB still managed to show quick in-game engine brawler montages in its launch trailer. So far, MultiVersus' unveiling has had relatively few bells and whistles (probably due to VA budget securing).

I think Arya is the most exciting addition so far. Not because I have any attachment to GOT but because it represents that they're not afraid to go for properties that are considered "ill fitting" for a game like this. nothing is off the table.
It helps massively that it has Disney Infinity's former lead character designer for the art direction. That, by itself, makes the concept of mashing visually-distinct properties more appealing than a certain previous Western attempt by Sony.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think I've established my biggest wants in this thread in detail, so in regards to OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes these three would be necessary:

And then the next two most important characters (but mostly Carol):

What you never had someone reply to a rhetorical question for humorous effect before
To my knowledge, no. But I admit that it is a bit funny here.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Like previously posted, this is my dream roster, expanding from the confirmed roster.

1. Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn
2. Superman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Steven, Garnet, Jasper, Rose
5. Finn, Jake, Ice King
6. Shaggy
7. Bugs Bunny, Daffy
8. Gandalf
9. Tom, Jerry
10. Robin, Raven, Gizmo
11. Arya Stark
12. Dexter
13. Dee Dee
14. Willy Wonka
15. Osmosis Jones
16. Harry Potter
17. Neo
18. Kangaroo Jack
19. Black Beetle
20. Samurai Jack, Aku
21. Powerpuff Girls, Mojo Jojo
22. Chowder
23. Courage
24. Ruby Rose, Weiss
25. Reindog
26. Calamity Coyote or Little Beeper, oddball picks.
27. Tom The Robot

Edit. I wouldn't mind an OK KO rep, Enid is my most wanted. Catwoman is another dream pick.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All I want for this game is to embrace how absolutely stupid it is, like Fortnite crossovers x10000.

My top seven wants for this game are:

1. Austin Powers
2. Sam Spade (Classic noir detective-style moveset)
3. Freakazoid
4. Godzilla
5. Eric Andre (trickster-style moveset)
6. Sweeney Todd (Reveal trailer needs an original song composed for it)
7. Roger Smith (From The Big O)

The fact that these are all eligible characters is extremely, extremely silly. I hope they lean into how silly this game could be.

It helps the 2v2 aspect is cool, though I worry about the devs since they've never made a platform fighter before and it's very easy to mess up how a game feels if you've never done it before.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Like previously posted, this is my dream roster, expanding from the confirmed roster.

1. Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn
2. Superman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Steven, Garnet, Jasper, Rose
5. Finn, Jake, Ice King
6. Shaggy
7. Bugs Bunny, Daffy
8. Gandalf
9. Tom, Jerry
10. Robin, Raven, Gizmo
11. Arya Stark
12. Dexter
13. Dee Dee
14. Willy Wonka
15. Osmosis Jones
16. Harry Potter
17. Neo
18. Kangaroo Jack
19. Black Beetle
20. Samurai Jack, Aku
21. Powerpuff Girls, Mojo Jojo
22. Chowder
23. Courage
24. Ruby Rose, Weiss
25. Reindog
26. Calamity Coyote or Little Beeper, oddball picks.
27. Tom The Robot

Edit. I wouldn't mind an OK KO rep, Enid is my most wanted. Catwoman is another dream pick.
Incidentally, I thought about the Powerpuff Girls and Mojo Jojo earlier this morning (helps that Tara Strong is already involved). For the latter I'm not sure if he'd use a mecha or simply ape out (so to speak).

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I completely forgot about Robot Chicken, I really would love Robot Chicken in the game.

Also I would love to see Jason Voorhees (if he's owned by WB), but I think he would have a pretty boring playstyle honestly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People keep bringing Eric Andre and I have no idea who he is but he looks like Ichiban Kasuga from Yakuza 7 so I already want him in the game too.
Well, to sum it up, Eric Andre is, as seen in The Eric Andre Show, a loony who intentionally tries to drive his guests up the wall (within the context of the show, he's slightly less nuts outside of it). It's basically what happens when you cross Space Ghost: Coast to Coast/The Brak Show with the absurdity of Tim & Eric.

As a bonus, he'd be the only character who is a real-life person.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Addressing the "Smash killer" arguments, I hope Smash, NASB and MultiVersus all have a healthy rivalry. Stating that one will wreck another is so depressive when both have childhood memories. I'm more a MultiVersus fan because Cartoon Network and Warner Bros are a stronger portion of my childhood. And I love the game's brighter aesthetic.

Smash will NEVER be replaced as its the originated and masterfully crafted. Smash should never be in the argument.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Addressing the "Smash killer" arguments, I hope Smash, NASB and MultiVersus all have a healthy rivalry. Stating that one will wreck another is so depressive when both have childhood memories. I'm more a MultiVersus fan because Cartoon Network and Warner Bros are a stronger portion of my childhood. And I love the game's brighter aesthetic.

Smash will NEVER be replaced as its the originated and masterfully crafted. Smash should never be in the argument.
So far, if TV Tropes is any indication, no one has actually went to label this game as a killer of any sort, if that helps. Besides, it's nice to have alternatives in case some characters can't get in either game.

What I wonder about is how likely it'll be for Disney to witness one of their biggest competitors casually flaunt such a high concept.

UserKev

Smash Champion
So far, if TV Tropes is any indication, no one has actually went to label this game as a killer of any sort, if that helps. Besides, it's nice to have alternatives in case some characters can't get in either game.

What I wonder about is how likely it'll be for Disney to witness one of their biggest competitors casually flaunt such a high concept.
A Disney Smash is likely being in consideration, honestly. Its going to happen and I totally welcome it. I'd want all of 90s Disney represented in it tho. I don't want Marvel spam or recently bought out IP's flexed at us.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mfw everyone wants Eric Andre but no one even considers you

One step at a time. The lead characters do seem to actually take first priority so far (Shaggy being a special case since he's technically a deuteragonist).

A Disney Smash is likely being in consideration, honestly. Its going to happen and I totally welcome it. I'd want all of 90s Disney represented in it tho. I don't want Marvel spam or recently bought out IP's flexed at us.
It'd be a pretty logical progressive move too, as they once refused to even have a fighting game featuring their villains fighting each other, yet now we have a mobile game where many from their stable can mix it up without issue: https://insidethemagic.net/2020/04/disney-sorcerers-arena-bt1/

Also, have Wander and Sylvia in it (among other post-90s properties), Wander Over Yonder deserves that much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom