• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let’s Make Fighter’s Pass 3: A Mini-Creation Thread

D

Deleted member

Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Smash seems to love its fighting game representation. I considered a few options, before landing on Sol. Arc System works have been doing great work for years with both their licensed and original properties. The recent success of Guilty Gear strive would create a lot of hype for this character who may have been seen as pretty nechie in the past.

Like his fellow fighting game characters, Sol would have both smash controls and fighting game inputs. He would carry over systems from his home seires.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium

Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club) Edits Herself into the Roster
A recognizable character from a kind of recent game. Monika has a lot of potential to offer an interesting / unique moveset utilizing graphical glitches as well as other horror / visual novel elements not present on the roster. Would also be cool to see a small Indie Dev who has a history with the Smash Community get a coveted spot in Smash itself.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My submission will be Ezio from Assassin’s Creed II

Assassin’s Creed is a (mostly) open world game series set in real historical locations. It’s an extremely popular series praised for accuracy and is one of the best selling game franchises ever. My submission for this job will be Ezio who was the protagonist of Assassin’s Creed II set in Renaissance Italy.

He would be a very quick, light and athletic fighter who would use swords, hidden blades, and other weapons that a Renaissance era assassin would use.

I feel like he would be a good pick because the series is very iconic and popular, and Ezio is the most well liked character of the series by far thanks to his fun personality and great character arc. I feel like a lot of the characters we have in this thread are cool, but are all mostly characters people are requesting a lot and kinda see coming, so I think it would nice to mix it up a little with a more unexpected pick but still a pick that makes sense.

Anyways here are the options for this job. Please vote for your top three most wanted characters in order, you can only vote for your own submission in second or third place.
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario PaRappa the Rapper
Megadoomer Megadoomer Ryu Hayabusa
Perkilator Perkilator Cinderace
Paraster Paraster Reimu
cashregister9 cashregister9 The Recruit
@Darkonedagger Sol Badguy
nirvanafan nirvanafan Monika

My votes:
1. PaRappa
2. Ezio
3. Sol

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Sol Badguy
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Ezio

Paraster

Smash Lord
I did not submit Neku; I submitted Reimu. Also, cashregister9's submission is missing.

1. Monika
2. Reimu
3. Cinderace

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Anyways here are the results of the voting:
PaRappa the Rapper 5
Ryu Hayabusa 11
Cinderace 3
Reimu 6
The Recruit 0
Sol Badguy 6
Monika 2

And so the challenger pack will be for Ryu Hayabusa. Now onto the first job:

Job #47: Submit A Spirits List For Ryu Hayabusa
Yeah we’re gonna start with the spirits list for this challenger pack. Anyways just submit what you think should be the spirits list for Ryu Hayabusa. Please submit the list of spirits. You don’t have to submit the battles if you don’t want to, just the list of characters. There’s a limit of 15 spirits per pack.

D

Deleted member

Fighter Spirit:
Ryu Hysabusa.

Spirit Board:
Irene Lew (Support. Two Star. Zero Suit Samus.)
Robert T. Sturgeon (Support. One Star. Captain Falcon.)
Momji (Primary. Three Star. Female Corrin.)
Rachel (Support. Two Star. Bayonetta.)
Doku (Primary. Two Star. Ike.)
Genshin (Primary. Three Star. Wolf. Can be upgraded.)
Ayane (Primary. Three Star. Sheik)
Kasumi (Support. Three Star. Wii Fit Trainer. )
Jaki-Oh (Support. Four Star. Ganon)

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Fighter Spirit:
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Ryu Hayabusa (classic)

Spirit Board:
-Kasumi (three star primary defense - Zero Suit Samus)
-Ayane (three star primary neutral - Sheik)
-Momiji (three star primary attack - Bayonetta)
-Irene Lew (one star support - Zero Suit Samus)
-Murai (two star primary neutral - Simon Belmont)
-Jo Hayabusa (three star support - Ryu Hayabusa)
-Jaquio (three star primary neutral - Ganondorf)
-Bloody Malth (two star support - Link (dark))
-The Demon (four star support - giant Ridley)

(hopefully the image links work - most of them are from Wiki sites)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
The list of @Darkonedagger will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #48: Submit a Music List for Ryu Hayabusa
Please submit a list of music for ryu hayabusa’s fighters pass. Please submit each music track. There’s a limit of 35 tracks.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Unbreakable Determination (original)
2. Unbreakable Determination (Warriors Orochi remix)
3. Chasing Him to the Very End (Ninja Gaiden arcade)
4. Last Fight (Ninja Gaiden arcade)
5. Pushing Onward (Ninja Gaiden)
6. Boss Battle (Ninja Gaiden)
7. Swift Ninja (Ninja Gaiden)
8. Overdrive (Ninja Gaiden 2)
9. Motion of the Ninja (Ninja Gaiden 2)
10. The Jungle (Ninja Gaiden 3)
11. Dinosaur (Ninja Gaiden Sigma)
12. Battle with the Dead (Ninja Gaiden Sigma)
13. Alma Awakened (Ninja Gaiden Sigma)
14. Fuga (Ninja Gaiden 2: Sigma)
15. Sense of Mission (Ninja Gaiden 2: Sigma)
16. Fighting Soul (Ninja Gaiden 2: Sigma)
17. Pursuers (Ninja Gaiden 2: Sigma)
18. The Ninja Way (Ninja Gaiden 2: Sigma)
19. Soaring Skies (Ninja Gaiden 2: Sigma)
20. A Hero Unmasked (Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge)
21. Arachnoid (Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge)
22. A Masked Curse (Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge)
23. Excelsior (Dead or Alive 2)
24. Prismatic Butterfly (Dead or Alive 3)
25. Hunter's Moon (Dead or Alive 4)
26. Purity (Dead or Alive 5)
27. DOA Colosseum (Dead or Alive 6)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Okay so the music list of Megadoomer Megadoomer will be used, now onto

Job #49: Submit A Mii Costume List For Ryu Hayabusa
Submit what you think should be the list of mii costumes for Ryu Hayabusa. Please submit each costume and what they’re of and if they’re for gunners swordfighters or brawlers. There’s a limit of 6. They can be related to ryu hayabusa or not.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Kasumi (Dead or Alive 6) (Brawler)
2. Ayane (Dead or Alive 6) (Brawler)
3. Oda Nobunaga (Pokemon Conquest) (Swordfighter)
4. Linkle (Hyrule Warriors) (Gunner)
5. Rowan (Fire Emblem Warriors) (Swordfighter)
6. Gatekeeper (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) (Swordfighter)

I went with two Dead or Alive costumes and a theme of collaborations between Nintendo and Koei Tecmo.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Riza Brawler (Atelier)
Lana Brawler (Hyrule Warriors)
Raidou Brawler (Dead or Alive)
Yuri Kozukata Brawler (Fatal Frame)
Momiji Swordfighter (Ninja Gaiden)
Darios Swordfighter (Fire Emblem Warriors)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
We will use the mii costumes list of Megadoomer Megadoomer and now onto the next job:

Job #50: Submit A Stage For Ryu Hayabusa
Submit what you think should be Ryu Hayabusa’s stage. Please submit the location and explain the layout.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 50: Hayabusa Village

A traditional/old-fashioned Japanese village seems very different from what we’ve gotten in Smash so far in terms of stages, with the sloped hills and wooden houses making for some unusual fighting terrain. The stage would be a walk-off stage like the Mushroom Kingdom stage, Garreg Mach Monastery, etc.

If the stage has hazards (most of the DLC stages don’t, but Mementos had the trains), I could see falcons flying in to smack fighters out of the air (since that was a common annoying obstacle in the NES games), or members of the Black Spider Ninja clan showing up to attack the village and the fighters. If they’re limited to being background elements, maybe the Black Spider Ninjas could still show up, only to have Ayane fighting them off in the background.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sky City Tokyo

Location from Ninja Gaiden & Dead or Alive, would take place on a rooftop with some miscellaneous platforms. Will have a gimmick when hazards are on where the giant buddah statue will occupy one side of the stage & act kind of like the walls in the kof & tekken stages but after being hit so many times or so powerfully the statue will launch a devastating punch before temporarily disappearing kind of like how it works in Dead or Alive.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Sky City Tokyo will be added as a stage. Now onto the next job:

Job #51: Submit Alternate Costumes For Ryu Hayabusa
Submit what you think should be Ryu's alternate costumes. Please submit each costumes and explain what they're a reference to.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. modern bodysuit (default costume)
2. classic outfit (blue)
3. navy blue modern outfit, with the silver parts replaced with white (referencing Kasumi from Dead or Alive)
4. red classic outfit (referencing Jo Hayabusa, his father)
5. dark purple modern outfit, with the silver parts replaced with dark blue (referencing Ayane from Dead or Alive)
6. green classic outfit (not a reference to anything in particular, though many random enemies in the original game were green)
7. white modern outfit, with the silver parts replaced with red (referencing Momiji from Dead or Alive)
8. light purple purple classic outfit (referencing his sprites from the NES games)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
The list of Megadoomer Megadoomer wins by default. Now onto the next job, which is actually the second-last one of this challenger pack. Once all the challenger pack stuff is done we’ll have one more job for our “early purchase mii costume” and then we’ll be done with this thread! Anyways for now here’s the next job:

Job #52: Submit A Moveset For Ryu Hayabusa
Submit what you think should be Ryu Hayabusa’s moveset. All you need to submit are the specials but you can do more if you would like.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is largely going to be based on Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge, as that’s the main game that I’ve played. I’m not sure how different it is from the other games in the series in terms of combat, and I haven’t played a Dead or Alive game, so I’m not sure how Ryu fights there (I wound up looking up his throws when I got to that section, but I figured I should stick to one type of fighting style for the sake of consistency and simplicity). I’m using Ryu’s sword moves from Razor’s Edge as a reference, so I’ll include the commands from the original where they apply.

A-->AA-->AAA: Slant/Crescent/Lotus Slash. Ryu uses his basic light-light-light sword combo – a downwards swing, followed by a vertical swing, followed by a heavier downwards swing.

Forward A: Violent Wind/Gale. Ryu swings the sword twice horizontally, shouting on the second swing. (light attack while moving)

Up A: Ryu kicks his opponents into the air, based on one of his finishing moves on dismembered opponents.

Down A: Ryu uses a sliding kick, based on his slide dodge.

Forward Smash: Annihilating Demon. Ryu lunges forward, swinging the sword diagonally like when he charges a heavy attack.

Up Smash: Scarlet Dragon. Ryu swings his sword upwards, which works as a launcher attack. (light-hold heavy) At max charge, Ryu will leap up after the opponent (Azure Dragon; light-tap heavy)

Down Smash: Dragon Ring Slash. Ryu spins around, slashing his sword horizontally at head level, chest level, and finishing at his opponent’s feet if the attack is fully charged. (heavy-heavy-heavy) If it’s not charged, he’ll only use the foot attack, while if it’s partially charged, he’ll aim at the chest and feet. The blow to the head does more damage, but the blow to the feet is what sends the enemy flying.

Neutral Air: Ryu flips in midair while slashing with his sword, like his upgraded midair attack from the NES game.

Forward Air: Ryu swings his sword forward, like his regular air attack from the NES game.

Back Air: Falling Falcon. Ryu turns around, swinging his sword downwards. (running jump light attack)

Up Air: Flip Kick. Ryu flips to kick above himself; based on the flip that he does at the end of an upwards wall run.

Down Air: Helmet Splitter. Ryu stabs straight downwards, impaling whoever’s below him (air heavy attack)

Dash Attack: Piercing Wind. Ryu stabs forwards as he skids along the ground. (running heavy)

Wake-Up Attack: Crouching Crane. Ryu spins around with his sword outstretched, knocking enemies away from him. (360 motion + heavy)

Climb Attack: Ryu leaps back on stage, stabbing his sword in front of him. (this is based on what happens to whatever unfortunate enemy is standing by a ledge when you’re climbing up the wall beneath him)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grab: Ryu grabs the opponent with one hand, keeping the other on his sword.

Pummel: Ryu knees the opponent.

Forward Throw: Guillotine Throw. Ryu jumps over his opponent, grabbing them by the head before flipping to throw them a great distance.

Back Throw: Ryu stabs his sword into the enemy before flinging them behind him; based on one of his finishing moves on dismembered opponents. (along with some of the Steel on Bone attacks)

Up Throw: Izuna Drop. I feel like it has to be this. Grabbing the opponent, Ryu leaps into the air, spinning around like a drill before flipping around, falling back down, and slamming them into the ground head-first.

Down Throw: Ryu throws the opponent to the ground before disappearing in a puff of smoke. He appears above the opponent, and lands on top of them with his arms crossed as his scarf billows dramatically. I looked into his throws in Dead or Alive while trying to come up with his down throw; DOA has a much larger amount of throws than I expected, but it’s based loosely on this team throw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up Taunt: sheathing his sword, Ryu clasps his hands together with his index fingers held up in a stock ninja pose before drawing his sword again.

Side Taunt: Ryu holds out his arm, and a falcon lands on it before flying off.

Down Taunt: Ryu places a fist on the ground, meditating. In Razor’s Edge, this gains him health, though it does nothing in Smash.

B: Shuriken. A staple tool for a ninja, though this move can be charged. If it’s tapped, Ryu throws out an ordinary throwing star; it’s quick, making it easy to catch an opponent off-guard from a distance, but it barely does any damage. Holding down the button until Ryu has a faint purple aura (which doesn’t take long) and releasing it causes Ryu to throw a windmill shuriken, which is much larger, more damaging, and returns to Ryu like a boomerang. Much like in the NES game, Ryu can jump over it to make it go back and forth, though it’s tricky to do this multiple times in a row. Holding the button longer, until Ryu gains a red and orange aura, and releasing causes Ryu to throw out flames, which are much faster than the shurikens, more damaging, and can travel a longer distance before they disappear.

Up B: Wind Blades/Falcon Dive. Concentrating, Ryu glows blue before creating a tornado around himself, which launches him upwards and damages nearby enemies. Once he reaches the peak of his jump, he transitions into a Falcon Dive to launch himself forwards. He glides through the air, though he has no control over the speed of his glide, making his movement fairly predictable and leaving him open to attack. The glide can be cancelled by dodging in midair or pressing B – pressing B will cause Ryu to dash forward slightly, and if he makes contact with an opponent, he uses a command grab where he stands on the opponent’s shoulders before leaping off of them, spiking whoever he hits and getting some more horizontal distance. However, canceling it with either of these methods will put Ryu into a helpless state afterwards.

Side B: Bow. Taking a bow off of his back, Ryu fires an arrow at his opponent. If the B button is held, the angle that Ryu fires at can be changed by moving the control stick, making it effective at keeping the enemy from returning to the stage. However, it has a relatively lengthy cooldown after firing compared to the Shuriken.

Down B: Fire Wheel. Three fire balls spin around Ryu, similar to Mega Man’s Leaf Shield. Unlike Leaf Shield, this doesn’t block projectiles; however, it does much more damage than the Leaf Shield to enemies that come near Ryu. If an enemy touches a fireball, the fireball disappears, and Ryu can move while it's active. Pressing down B again while the Fire Wheel is active causes Ryu to use Art of the Inferno, which causes the fireballs to merge into a larger fireball above Ryu’s head before being flung to the ground in front of Ryu. Upon landing, or getting far enough from Ryu, they create a large explosion. The wheel will disappear after a while.

Final Smash: Art of the True Inferno. Ryu chants as fire gathers around his hands, before drawing his arms back. As he thrusts his arms forwards, a flaming serpentine dragon flies out of the flames, spinning around the stage before stopping to roar and flying straight into the air.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Okay, it's been a while now and since there's not any more submissions, the moveset of Megadoomer Megadoomer will be used. That means we have one more job left in Ryu Hayabusa's challenger pack. Here's the job:

Job #53: Submit A Classic Mode For Ryu Hayabusa
Submit what you think should be the classic mode route of ryu hayabusa. Please submit each battle and the boss and have it follow a theme.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ryu Hayabusa Classic Mode

Old-School Difficulty (referencing games that were known for being difficult or obtuse, much like Ninja Gaiden)

1. Captain Falcon on Port Town Aero Drive (Shotgun Kiss) (referencing F-Zero GX's insanely difficult story mode)

2. Pit on Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus Retro Medley) (Kid Icarus had a bizarre difficulty curve where the start of the game was by far the hardest part)

3. Mega Man or Dr. Wily's Castle (Quick Man Stage) (in my experience, Quick Man's stage is among the most frustrating of the old-school Mega Man stages, between the instant-death lasers and being forced to choose whether to use the boss's weakness up to survive the stage, or save the boss's weakness for the boss fight and struggle through the stage to get there)

4. Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont on Dracula's Castle (Vampire Killer) (old-school Castlevania is up there with Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads, and Ghosts 'n' Goblins in terms of infamously difficult games)

5. Marth x 3 on Arena Ferox (Shadow Dragon Medley) (the perma-death mechanic made older Fire Emblem games frustrating)

6. Ryu Hayabusa (red classic, or default classic look if you're playing as his red classic look) on Sky City Tokyo (Unbreakable Determination (remix))

Boss: Ganon (no particular reference, but I didn't want to reuse Castlevania, and I remember Zelda 1 Ganon being annoying, at the very least)

Admittedly, I don't have experience with a few of these titles, only really knowing them through reputation or my own attempts at the games in question, which usually went poorly.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My clsssic mode: Ninja-Like Reflexes
(Fights characters with fast reflexes and agility or are from games notable for needing quick reflexes to beat)

Round 1: Sonic on Green Hill Zone

Round 2: Zero Suit Samus on Frigate Orpheon

Round 3: Captain Falcon on Big Blue

Round 4: Little Mac on Boxing Ring

Round 5: Marth on Castle Siege

Round 6: Bonus

Round 7: Master Hand/Crazy Hand

Round 8: Ryu on Suzaku Castle
(Not only does he fit the theme, it’s also ryu vs ryu which is why I made it the last one)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Okay, “Old-School difficulty” will be selected as Ryu Hayabusa’s clsssic mode.
Meaning after nearly four months, we’re here, the final job of this thread:

Job #54: Submit a Bonus Mii Costume
FP1 got Rex and FP2 got Ancient Armour so I think we should have a bonus mii costume for fighters pass 3. So please submit a costume you think should be our bonus one for preordering the pass. It has to be from nintendo so you can’t submit a third party costume/character for this.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My submission: Tom Nook (Brawler)

A deluxe costume that fully replaced the mii fighter with a tom nook skin based on his appearance in the first animal crossing.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Waluigi (OSFA)

Baring his tennis outfit, the Waluigi Mii costume is a true Deluxe - the mask comes with full facial expressions and there's a special Waluigi voice set included.

As a swordfighter, Waluigi bares an elongated tennis racket; and as a gunner, Waluigi has a rose arm cannon, complete with vines wrapping around his arm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom