• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Shroob

Sup?

I tried using the funny Gorilla to check Miraidon but it's been really unreliable since it's hard to fight a terrain war with a Tatsu in the back.

I suppose I can use overcentralizing fairy but I'm not happy about it.
Remember

If it ain't broke

Toss it in the bin and slap all the overpowered **** in there.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've started watching RWBY Volume 9.

Only one episode in as of now, but so far it's a mix of total chaos, heavy emotions, and some amazing humor.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I watched Starship Troopers with my friend. It just depressed me.

Like yeah, the situations are so over the top and horrible that you are supposed to get that it's satire and it's bad. But to me it was just depressing because they still win. Their government still thrives by the end of the film, they're still doing their stupid pointless war. and all the main characters are just worse people and worse off than they were at the beginning. It just reminds me of the real world ad how impossible real change feels in the face of all the lies and propaganda.

And I played a little Helldivers 2 with her after. It's just another shooter where the characters all shout fascist catchphrases. I don't get the appeal and I honestly don't think it's that fun.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Watched How to Train Your Dragon 2 for the first time in quite a while. Great googly moogly what a movie. I forgot how much I loved it :yoshi:

I remember when it first released when I was like 12, and when I saw it in the theaters I cried. Not at a certain character's death scene or anything like that, but right before the final battle when Toothless flips his ****. It was so ridiculously awesome to me that, to keep from screaming in the theater, I could only release my excitement through tears. Good times.

This has been Noipoi facts, with Noipoi :nifty:

Shroob

Sup?

Like yeah, the situations are so over the top and horrible that you are supposed to get that it's satire and it's bad. But to me it was just depressing because they still win. Their government still thrives by the end of the film, they're still doing their stupid pointless war. and all the main characters are just worse people and worse off than they were at the beginning. It just reminds me of the real world ad how impossible real change feels in the face of all the lies and propaganda.

And I played a little Helldivers 2 with her after. It's just another shooter where the characters all shout fascist catchphrases. I don't get the appeal and I honestly don't think it's that fun.
Well uh, did you tell her that then?

I love Starship but I love it cause it's an over the top schlocky 80's sci fi movie.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah. I told her all that. She thinks I’m a nut.
Well, you're not a 'nut', but I do think you're taking things a bit too seriously, ya know? Starship's not really meant to be taken super seriously, it's a bit of dark humor and parody, poking fun at society.

But hey, if you can't look past that, that's fine, it's just a movie and nothing to be crucified over ya know?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, you're not a 'nut', but I do think you're taking things a bit too seriously, ya know? Starship's not really meant to be taken super seriously, it's a bit of dark humor and parody, poking fun at society.

But hey, if you can't look past that, that's fine, it's just a movie and nothing to be crucified over ya know?
I know it’s not meant to be taken seriously. I just can’t help it because it reminds me of serious stuff and they don’t exactly tackle it in the way I would prefer they tackle it.

But hey, now that I’ve watched it she can’t keep bugging me to watch it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Watched How to Train Your Dragon 2 for the first time in quite a while. Great googly moogly what a movie. I forgot how much I loved it :yoshi:

I remember when it first released when I was like 12, and when I saw it in the theaters I cried. Not at a certain character's death scene or anything like that, but right before the final battle when Toothless flips his ****. It was so ridiculously awesome to me that, to keep from screaming in the theater, I could only release my excitement through tears. Good times.

This has been Noipoi facts, with Noipoi :nifty:
While I cried in sadness at that character's death when I first saw the film years ago, actually teared up the moment Toothless broke free of the Alpha's mind control and returned to Hiccup's side with his encouragement and reassurance, not out of sadness that time, but instead with tears of joy. I was so hopeful for that and it was quite possibly the highlight of the already amazing film for me.

2 is easily my favorite film in the HTTYD franchise. It's got everything about the series that makes it great, raises the stakes, and balances everything out perfectly. And virtually every character gets times to shine. 1 started it all and 3 gave the story an amazing conclusion, but 2 is a truly incredible sequel and middle act, and a phenomenal film in it's own right, and I stand by that opinion to this day.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I totally see where you're coming from but actually found the movie pretty inspiring.

Yeah, we may not be able to stop every war but we can still recognize that war propaganda is stupid and just not buy it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As someone that didn't like Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Didn't hate, just didn't like). I decided I'm gonna go give Frozen Empire a look at the show tomorrow (Plus it's gonna be raining don't wanna be coup up in the house). Willing to give it a shot since it could be an improvement as it does something totally different and new.

Might give Afterlife another shot as well down the road, see if my opinion changes on it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Now I wonder how long the Switch's internet services are going to remain up.

Nintendo's made a lot of money off of it and a lot of the games with online gameplay have been massive successes. Plus some games like MK8 Deluxe have only recently finished their own DLC line-ups. At this rate, I wouldn't be shocked if it remained up for at least another decade or longer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom