• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3 CSS help

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
I was putting the smash 3 recolors on the Legacy XP mod and for the CSP's, BP and stock icons I used Costume Manager. I got most of the characters to load with their 10 skins each.
The problem comes when I tested it and the game froze (real wii), I checked the sc_selcharacter.pac file and was 3.80 MB (the limit was 3.79 I think), while the other problem is that everything I replaced was in CMPR, and to make space I thought that I could turn the CSP's that I haven't replaced yet to CMPR too... but that made it WORSE, the size kept increasing and I didn't even replaced Wolf, Snake and Sonic.
My last (and stupid) idea was reducing size by turning literally every other texture on the sc_selcharacter file to CMPR format. That somehow reduced the size, but when I tested it the whole CSS was a mess.
Someone help please.

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
I don't quite understand how that program works, it opens a CMD that gives an error and i dunno.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Oh wait I just remembered, if you are using LXP as your base then you don't need to change anything in the sc_selcharacter.pac. You just need to change the pictures in the results screen files cuz LXP uses some code to redirect the pictures to there

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
What files are those?
If those are MenSelchrFaceXXX.brres then that doesn't work, since I replaced all of those.
For example, I couldn't replace squirtle on the sc_selcharacter.pac and I replaced all of squirtle's skins in MenSelchrFace290 but they don't appear in the CSS, only in the result screen.
If the result screen files aren't those then tell me.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
What files are those?
If those are MenSelchrFaceXXX.brres then that doesn't work, since I replaced all of those.
For example, I couldn't replace squirtle on the sc_selcharacter.pac and I replaced all of squirtle's skins in MenSelchrFace290 but they don't appear in the CSS, only in the result screen.
If the result screen files aren't those then tell me.
Well I remember doing that to Ness specifically, but I don't play Legacy so I can't test it out rn. Anyway I looked back at your original post cuz you said that you somehow made things worse before when you changed the format to CMPR

while the other problem is that everything I replaced was in CMPR, and to make space I thought that I could turn the CSP's that I haven't replaced yet to CMPR too... but that made it WORSE, the size kept increasing and I didn't even replaced Wolf, Snake and Sonic.
This was because Legacy used the technique that Ondo used in the link I gave you, so when you changed the format the sc_selcharacter.pac wasn't saving space anymore, which is why the file size increased.

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
This was because Legacy used the technique that Ondo used in the link I gave you, so when you changed the format the sc_selcharacter.pac wasn't saving space anymore, which is why the file size increased.
So... any solution?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
So... any solution?
Well the solution is still to use Ondo's technique that's why I gave it to you. Other than that I guess you could lower the size of the csps, but that makes them look ugly. Using Ondo's technique they can look good and they save space.

Top Bottom