• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Apologies for the late reply. I wanted to gather research specifically for Neo. To answer, it's speculation.

Basically, PFG posted this tweet (To ensure pics work I'm just posting as a link) showcasing their office. One of the things people noticed in the first pic is a poster with a Matrix looking effect. Hence why people are speculating Neo.

I don't buy it as speculation fuel, more as a cool poster. If it were about poster theory, then the Watchmen (third picture) would also be speculated, yet I see it mostly focusing Neo.
Ah, I see.

Basically Neo has some things pointing to him. The Matrix styled code lines were found in a datamine before the game got shut down, and a few people with insider info have vouched for Neo being planned in the past. But there's no indication yet that he's coming soon, just that he's somewhere in the pipeline.

Faso115

Smash Lord
In the past i just focused on whatever data of the game we already knew but looking back, one would think Marvin would have released WAAAAAAAY before characters like Stripe or Black Adam so state of completeness is not a guaranteed way of knowing who's likely to be next.

Then i kinda decided to stick with the line-up Papagenos theorized, mostly because we all know Joker was a shoe-in years ago. But that makes wonder if his theory of Jack being the character that started development earlier than intended due to fan demand fell on the wayside to push characters that would have a stage. Cause AFAIK, most stages have a character tied to it so it would be weird to have Townsville and Dexter's Lab if a character related to them isn't playable yet.

Oh and no datamines or leaks (that aren't whatever source Aisul or Papagenos have) have correctly guessed Banana Guard or Jason other than internal screw-ups from PFG, so my guess is that whatever data we had before is going to be super different going forward

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I think certain characters like Bettlejuice, Jack, the Witch and Raven are still happening but 2 years is a lot of time so I think a lot of the leak stuff we know about is outdated. wouldn't shock me of some of the datamiend characters don't happen

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In the past i just focused on whatever data of the game we already knew but looking back, one would think Marvin would have released WAAAAAAAY before characters like Stripe or Black Adam so state of completeness is not a guaranteed way of knowing who's likely to be next.

Then i kinda decided to stick with the line-up Papagenos theorized, mostly because we all know Joker was a shoe-in years ago. But that makes wonder if his theory of Jack being the character that started development earlier than intended due to fan demand fell on the wayside to push characters that would have a stage. Cause AFAIK, most stages have a character tied to it so it would be weird to have Townsville and Dexter's Lab if a character related to them isn't playable yet.

Oh and no datamines or leaks (that aren't whatever source Aisul or Papagenos have) have correctly guessed Banana Guard or Jason other than internal screw-ups from PFG, so my guess is that whatever data we had before is going to be super different going forward
On the Marvin thing, according to PapaGenos's source, they apparently had Marvin ready to release a long while before he came out. He was being purposely held off from releasing until they hit a release slump...which just happened to be right before the game shut down in the open beta. So Marvin being super complete in the datamines but being released after Stripe and Black Adam makes sense with that context taken into account.

I think certain characters like Bettlejuice, Jack, the Witch and Raven are still happening but 2 years is a lot of time so I think a lot of the leak stuff we know about is outdated. wouldn't shock me of some of the datamiend characters don't happen
Yeah this is absolutely possible. I think any character that had like, a LOT of stuff datamined (like the ones you mentioned, with Beetlejuice/Wicked Witch/Raven having full audio and in the case of the Wicked Witch, animation files, alongside Jack having the Aku's Lair stage found) should be fine, but ones who were only text strings or mentioned by other characters could have fallen by the wayside.

Praying for Static though. He only has a couple of targeted voice lines (IIRC from Batman and Garnet). If we get Samurai Jack and voice files for Static aren't found, I'll be worried a bit, since they would have had Phil LaMarr in the studio anyway, so Static not having voice lines would be suspicious.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Jason from Friday the 13th as well who might be a fighter for this.

(Could see the famous murderer as a Tank type to reference his ridiculous durability in the movies)

Top Bottom