• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Last two episodes, dude. It really becomes the Wade experience.
I cannot judge that yet as we only got to see 4 episodes but the way Sonic fans were talking about it made it seem like he only appeared for 5 minutes every episode when there wasn't a single moment I thought "Knuckles should be here, why is he not in this scene" in the first half of the series

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unlike Ridley.

Godzilla is truly the definition of "Too Big".

He's too big for Multiversus.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Multiple Multiversus reveals potentially coming Monday:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I'm playing Mario Maker 2 for the first time in a whole and can I say
  1. This game deserved more support, some of these levels are still creative as all hell. Curse you pandemic
  2. Shoutouts to the dudes who carried Mario Maker 1, y'all really were in the trenches.
Like game Mario Maker 1 was absurd on how much wasn't there, y'all remember
  • No Slopes, so they had to stack spinies and bullet bill cannons to simulate them (enemy limit was 100 btw)
  • Ground Limit being like 1000 so it got used up quick
  • No screen lock so you had to fill out one screen areas with a crap ton of ground to prevent movement
  • No Checkpoints in the base game so they had to build algorithms with doors and stuff
  • Boss Fights were almost impossible to make mandatory until like the last update
  • No snow theme so people filled the Ground Theme with nothing but ice blocks
  • No Sky theme so people filled the Airship theme with nothing but cloud blocks and slapped the bonus theme on it.
  • No vertical levels so people had to slap pipes, doors, and a crapton of ground two screens up to simulate them
And more. Tbh it did drive out some insane creativity given that how much wasn't in that game, it's kinda nostalgic looking back.

If they make a MM3, I hope they give the ability to place water and lava tiles anywhere.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That did not stop Iron Giant.
Iron Giant is 50 feet.

Godzilla ranges from 160 feet at his smallest to 1043 feet at his largest (Earth Godzilla).

Iron Giant is easier to scale downsize as a result and not look off. Godzilla at Ridley size or whatever would be extremely off as a result.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
let’s shrink the ****ing hell out of Zilla

Shroob

Sup?
Iron Giant is 50 feet.

Godzilla ranges from 160 feet at his smallest to 1043 feet at his largest (Earth Godzilla).

Iron Giant is easier to scale downsize as a result and not look off. Godzilla at Ridley size or whatever would be extremely off as a result.
I seriously doubt people would care. Iron Giant already towers over the rest of the roster, at that point, why not go even bigger.

Or we go the funny route and just have it be a suit actor.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was today years old when I found out Lotus Juice is a Fuuka stan…the power of Fuuka Friday

Shroob

Sup?
It's okay guys.

Pokerogue isn't going to be killed by Nintendo.

Pokerogue is going to be killed by Pokerogue.

Joking aside, the lead dev apparently stepped down from it, and, hoo boy they said some hella yikes ****.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Where the **** is Ben Tennyson, Multiversus? :sakbanjo:
Considering the workload required to represent his gimmick, probably gonna take a while before he see him, even if they only use a few aliens.

At least presuming they don’t take the PTE route with his moveset, which I’m kinda hoping they don’t because Ben feels like the perfect character to represent all five fighter classes in the game as a stance change fighter.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Unlike Ridley.

Godzilla is truly the definition of "Too Big".

He's too big for Multiversus.
This is the same game that decided "**** size" and brought us the Iron Giant as an actual giant except heavily downsized compared to his source material because he's straight up kaiju-sized there.

What I'm saying is size issues will NOT be a reason we'd be denied Godzilla and if Godzilla is impossible, we could always get someone from Rampage... but I'd say Warner Bros. giving a damn about anything not named Mortal Kombat that they got from Midway is probably a bigger pipe dream than Godzilla.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's okay guys.

Joking aside, the lead dev apparently stepped down from it, and, hoo boy they said some hella yikes ****.
Wouldn't surprise me but seriously? What could happen with a simple fangame?

Considering the workload required to represent his gimmick, probably gonna take a while before he see him, even if they only use a few aliens.

At least presuming they don’t take the PTE route with his moveset, which I’m kinda hoping they don’t because Ben feels like the perfect character to represent all five fighter classes in the game as a stance change fighter.
Development time aside, I'm not sure a five-in-one character would even be practical to play as.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's okay guys.

"Hey, our fangame is doing pretty well. We may not be legally in the clear but at least our name is out there, we can do other projects with the momentum we built!"

"...You know, Trans People..."

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's okay guys.

Frankly it seems like it was being ridiculously scope crept anyway, in that they were prioritizing anything but making sure moves and abilities that don't work yet like Fling and Bide are programmed in.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Hey, our fangame is doing pretty well. We may not be legally in the clear but at least our name is out there, we can do other projects with the momentum we built!"

"...You know, Trans People..."
"Hey, come play my pokenon fan game :) Anyway, you know what grinds my gears, these ****ing GENDERLESS pokemon-"

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So James Gunn and Anthony Star started following each other.

People are hoping it’s reverse flash,

but given the reports that booster gold was just cast and it’s not who we would expect, this makes perfect sense.

Anthony star stepping into a more comedic role to break away from just homelander would not be that surprising:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So James Gunn and Anthony Star started following each other.

People are hoping it’s reverse flash,

but given the reports that booster gold was just cast and it’s not who we would expect, this makes perfect sense.

Anthony star stepping into a more comedic role to break away from just homelander would not be that surprising:
**** man Booster Gold is such a perfect character for main audienced that it's a shame it's taking this long lmao. Kinda hope we see a Plastic Man in the future too some day but I remember being so excited when this was announced. Plus, this means I'm validated for thinking Blue Beetle's the best DCEU movie cause Booster's absolutely gonna have Ted here

Reactions: Z25

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I seriously doubt people would care. Iron Giant already towers over the rest of the roster, at that point, why not go even bigger.

Or we go the funny route and just have it be a suit actor.
This is the same game that decided "**** size" and brought us the Iron Giant as an actual giant except heavily downsized compared to his source material because he's straight up kaiju-sized there.

What I'm saying is size issues will NOT be a reason we'd be denied Godzilla and if Godzilla is impossible, we could always get someone from Rampage... but I'd say Warner Bros. giving a damn about anything not named Mortal Kombat that they got from Midway is probably a bigger pipe dream than Godzilla.
As I said.
Iron Giant is 50 feet.

Canonically Ridley is around IG's canon size so like him he's easier to scale down that wouldn't come off as awkward.

I also recall some folks weren't fans of Ridley being downsized to for that matter. Look, I love Godzilla, I'd love to have him join but I'm not seeing him happen not just for this reason but given licensing issues with Toho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom