• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zwarm's Last Minute Melee/P:M Tournament! - May 4th, 2013 - Glen Ellyn, IL

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I give you a whole 5 days advance notice about this.

I finally have a Saturday off work (kinda), so here's a tournament!

I say kinda, because I work 8-12, so the tournament sign-ups won't begin until 12:30

The rest of this, I am temporarily stealing from Kirkgo's tournament until I have time to make any changes, if any

Venue

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

http://www.cod.edu/Maps/local2.gif

The SRC Building
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/campus2.gif

Schedule

12:30-1:45 - Sign-ups
2:00 - Melee Doubles
3:00 - PM Doubles
4:00 - Melee Singles
5:00 - PM Singles

I will not be running pools unless completely necessary, since this is starting so late.

Prices and Payouts

There will be no venue fee!

Main Events:
Melee Doubles - $5 per Person($10 per team)
Melee Singles - $5
P:M Doubles - $5 per Person($10 per team)
P:M Singles - $5

Payouts (Doubles)
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Payouts (Singles < 30 people)
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Payouts (Singles > 30 people)
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 14%
4. 8%
5. 4%
5. 4%

Food

There are many fast food restaurants within ~5 minutes of driving distance. (Taco Bell/Chipotle/Chick-fil-a/etc)

Melee Ruleset
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is legal.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters (Singles)

Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Starters (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces a stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets).
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

Project: M Ruleset
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks

Castle Siege
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern [Singles only]
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Skyloft [Singles only]
Skyworld
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

After each match:
1. Winner announces THREE(3) stage bans.
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

Pool Tiebreakers
Tiebreaker #1: Set Wins
Tiebreaker #2: Wins
Tiebreaker #3: Losses
Tiebreaker #4: Head to Head
Tiebreaker #5: One stock playoff

General Rules
-BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.

-Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag.

-Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.

-DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.

-The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

-Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.

Parking/Setups

The parking is free in the student parking lot right outside the building.

BRING SETUPS!!!!!

TO Contact

Zwarm - (847) 239-0343

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
And yes, I basically stole the Kirkgo ruleset for this, but I made a few minor adjustments. So minor you probably won't even notice.

Also, I won't have a recording setup ready for this, so I request someone else bring theirs for this if we want to have a stream!

Dewgons

Smash Rookie
This is Baki, I'm going to try and make it to this

Awesome Matches last night Scythe. $1MM next time? =)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Just a reminder to everyone that is going, I will not be showing up until around 12:30, feel free to show up early and play some friendlies, though!

I don't expect a major turnout, but setups always help!

Hope everyone that can't make it this week can show up to the next one! It will most likely be May 18th if I continue these as biweeklies. Stay tuned for more info in the near future

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Last minute I'm not able to host one this Saturday, some personal stuff came up. If there's a smashfest at CoD instead, I might show up later on, but I wouldn't be available to host one in the morning. Sorry guys :(

Top Bottom