• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Tips/Guide?

Disco913

Smash Rookie
Hello ZSS players!

I was hoping that any of you could help me understand this character a little more. At the moment I feel very lost on what I am supposed to be doing with her in stuff like Neutral, Kill Confirms, and ETC. Any help would be appreciated.

tymandude1

Smash Rookie
Personally I've been watching Choco play as the way he plays her really fits my style. He focuses on spacing in neutral with Plasma Whip, Z-Air, F-Air, B-Air, and N-Air, using Jabs when close, mixing it up with some Smash Attacks. He uses ZSS' good aerial mobility and Down B to move around his opponent for good spacing. He uses Smash Attacks, some Edge Guarding, and Up B to kill. He'll sometimes throw out Neutral B to mix it up a bit but doesn't use it very often.

It's very different from how she was being played in Smash 4 with a lot less of a focus on combos. I think this has to do with a lot of combo potential being nerfed but her Neutral spacing tools being buffed. All her aerials have less landing lag besides Z-Air, B-Air has two hitboxes now with a sour spot hitbox on her thigh, Z-Air now does consistent damage and has less aerial end-lag, all her throws have less end-lag, sweet spot Plasma Whip does more damage and significantly more knockback, and Flip Jump also moves slightly faster. She also good some huge movement buffs with her initial dash going from 1.7 to 2.42, her run speed going from 2.1 to 2.31, and a slightly buff to aerial speed going from 1.2 to 1.26 which all help her maneuver around her opponent easier.
Here's two videos of Choco playing in a tournament. He's won one tournament with ZSS and came second in another which is this one.

https://youtu.be/YncML8yi7Zw

https://youtu.be/kkBbUv-drRA

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I should have been looking at choco more I jump a lot as zss.

Also her grab game is more then okay this time around, players getting away with on reaction spot dodges or rolls are less forgiving and we get a lot more of those grabs to compensate.

Top Bottom