• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS OoS Options - What works for you?

Phuriate

Smash Rookie
Has anyone had any luck with some solid OoS options?

I've got my opinions on them below
  • Shield grab - This is slow and will only grab in front, pretty useless unless they've chucked out something really unsafe.
  • Up Smash - Doesn't feel like there is enough of a hit box around her to hit anyone unless they are above you.
  • Up B - Very similar to Up Smash.
  • Neutral Air - This should be a solid option but it's really quite difficult to land at head height OoS and it will only hit in front.
  • Forward Air - Another option that lands, seems to be quite handy and could punish quite well if close enough.
  • Back Air - Aims slightly too high to nail anyone who is around ZSS height, the opponent must be a little bit taller than ZSS to have this connect from standing.
  • Up Air - This isn't hitting anyone who isn't airborne.
  • Down Air - Another good option which can be quite evasive too, can also give combo opportunity.
  • Wavedash - Solid for mobility, gets you out of situations nicely.
What works for you? I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
on platforms shield drops reign supreme, her upair, her upsmash, and her upb are all pretty awesome if you get below your opponents.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You're forgetting roll and spotdodge. Just because they're punishable when predicted doesn't make them bad. ZSS's froll and spotdodge in particular are quite good.

All of them have their own limited uses, but I think by and large, they each cover at least one of your opponent's options. You have to be very aware of your opponent's decisions, and punish accordingly.

Top Bottom