• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ally still loves Brawl but I'm not quite sure how to answer that. I can tell you that in his region (Quebec, not all of Canada), Brawl is dead. When he was flown out to Mexico he played Brawl there and got 1st. The only other tournaments I can imagine he would go to are the Toronto (my region) tournaments (he doesn't come here for every tourney, he usually comes every 3 or 4 months but he hasn't been here since GOML in May) or majors in like tristate or something

ZeroPixelHitbox

Smash Cadet
Can someone tell me the do's and do not's against mk & falco as zss?

:pow:
In reply to you, a general rule with ZSS is the FAir. It's slow and has two hits instead of one.
ZSS is most effective as a back-attacker I think. Always having ZSS reversed is a key to good movement. Also, keep things in the air, as ZSS is a rock on the ground. MK is also a strong air gamer anyways though, so you should be careful for that.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Uh...I'm just gonna ahead and disagree with what that guy said

Against MK, the basics are to outspace him on the ground with dsmash, and punish him with uair for being above you. Don't charge dsmash when he's above you dair camping because he can just nado you and hit you from above, and if you're charging dsmash against a grounded MK, space it well and don't charge it for too long or else he'll go over and nado you or fair you or something. For the same reason, don't overuse grounded lasers and sideBs. And don't approach with sh sideB.

Only challenge glide attack with fair, uair, and usmash, depending on the angle. Or clank with it with jab. Other than that, avoid it or shield it.

Your uair beats MK's dair, so MKs who dair camp a lot should be getting punished. If the MK is dair camping/jumping well enough for you to not reach him with uair, you have to read the jump and uair him.

Stick to safe edgeguards like dsmashing at the ledge, or throwing out sideBs and retreating back to the stage immediately after. Be wise with your recovery; don't use your 2nd jump or downB until you absolutely have to, and abuse your long tether range. When you get to the ledge, if MK is in a position to shuttle loop you, just get up roll immediately. Oh, and when you're dsmashing an MK at the ledge, they'll eventually try to go around and nado over; you counteract this with sideB, but you have to be ready for him to go around.

MK beats us on the ground because his tilts are huge and fast and safe on our shield, and the only moves we have that our bigger than his tilts are dsmash, sideb, laser and grab; all of these are slow, and all but dsmash are very easily punished if you miss, so MK has the advantage here. You want to avoid MK's tilt/grab range.

MK wins in all situations except for when he's offstage/at the ledge and we're on stage, or when he's above us.

If you shield nado, angle your shield up and shield the whole thing. If he finishes nado close to you, drop your shield and punish with a tilt, or shieldgrab him if he lands too far in front of you.

Against Falco, you avoid lasers with crawling, walking powershields, sh airdodges + weaving, etc. The key to this MU is to learn to avoid being zoned out by lasers, but also being able to avoid Falco's strong ground options with good movement and spacing rather than shielding. Again, get Falco above you and juggle him. Bait out dairs and punish, and punish airdodges like you do in every MU. If Falco ever successfully edgeguards you, you're messing up your recovery. If Falco phantasms to the ledge, you can dsmash him during phantasm and then footstool him, and if he doesn't have his 2nd jump, he dies if you grab the edge. If he's gonna phantasm onstage, jump over and bair him.

Falco's close range game is much better than ours because of his jab and grab, so you have to get creative when you get close to him. Dance around his shield and bait out spotdodges/rolls and punish them.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Keep in mind that you can also Jab Falco out of his Phantasm when he decides to aim for the stage. You just need to get the timing correctly.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Feeling nostalgic.
I miss these boards, they were actually helpful.
Thanks for the years of helping me d-smash everybody~

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Learned a lot from the discussions here the past 2 years, thanks for being awesome guys.

Kesno

Smash Cadet
What are some of the things that you guys miss about Brawl ZS Samus that new ZS Samus changed? I personally miss her old Bair the most. I miss those times where it actually had a hitbox.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I miss her old bair, the stun on her old dsmash, her old downB`s ability to footstool away to safety, and her old dash attack and the damage on her old fair.

And of course, HER OLD SIDEB OMG IT WAS SOO GOOD :cry:

Kesno

Smash Cadet
I feel that she is has been remade to be geared towards usability now. Moves don't sent people as far I guess to help combo and build % leading up to the kill. I can't decide if losing the up air is the worse thing or bair. The new up air can do awesome things, but it doesn't kill like it used too.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I feel so bad now like i was talking to her for a bit about her art but didn't realize she was lokii til i got home and actually read her business card.

Top Bottom