• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Footstool Uses

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
So Reflex Wonder was bugging everyone to mess around with footstool and so I did. I didn't find much but I did find something using d-smash and footstooling when they pop from stun. It's one hell of a read, but it can be cool.

EDIT: found some more uses (not nessesarily gimps, except DK and yoshi, them two are screwed if they get stunstooled at the ledge or below (I made a name for it!)
anybody else have any good footstool uses with ZSS?

Last edited:

JB_G.O.A.T.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-6358-2520
they way i see it if ur gonna do stuff like this with zamus u might as well just use her down b. it has a foot stool on it. only use ive ever really gotten out of footstooling is helping recovery and gimping my casual friends. might be able to do some funny stuff if u pop them up with a dair=> stool=> ff into a fsmash read or something. idk imma go to the lab and try some stuff

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
they way i see it if ur gonna do stuff like this with zamus u might as well just use her down b. it has a foot stool on it. only use ive ever really gotten out of footstooling is helping recovery and gimping my casual friends. might be able to do some funny stuff if u pop them up with a dair=> stool=> ff into a fsmash read or something. idk imma go to the lab and try some stuff
only problem is that the flipstool is not as powerful of a spike as the footstool. if you can actually land a stun into footstool at the ledge or lower on DK he literally just can't recover, however stun into flipstool he can recover.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I think Stun->Footstool can gimp on following characters: Fox (tricky), Falco, Yoshi, DK, Toon Links, so the ones you listed, and in addition Bowser, Olimar (if not full pikmin amount), Roy (depends a bit on the height), Link (tricky because bomb jumps, depends on height too).
Don't see that much other applications on ZSS stool since the hitbox isn't that great (in comparison to a great stooler like Wario) but if you upair them at the ledge and they tech, there might be a stool gimp, as well as some sh->dair->stool->anything(?) dont know about DI though

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Instead of going straight for footstool out of stun against spacies at low %s, it is actually easier to dair->footstool. Spacies and other decently fastfallers like Falcon will lose height when hit with Dair offstage. That is to say, dair will barely pop them up, and then they will fall significantly further than you popped them up. Dair has a very fast IASA and you can likely combo into footstool by doing dair-> fastfall-> footstool before they can even act out of hitstun.

Notes about the DSmash attempt for gimps you are trying. It is possible to tech the DSmash into the stage and prevent this gimp setup as soon as you get stunned, and you get a second attempt by DIing into the stage as soon as the stun ends. This is probably the most effective against Yoshi since he does not have a recovery move even if he does manage to tech either parts of dsmash. It will probably be more effective to wait for his airdodge if he does manage to tech though.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Yo, after playing at the local weekly last night. I was tearing it up with this stunstool thing. I was getting 1-3 kills a match with it on: Link, Pit, DK, Bowser, Gdorf, Sheik, Yoshi, Falco (so much on falco), Capt. Falcon, Toon Link, Ness, and Ivysaur. This is just the best AT on my ZSS right now, it's so good guys, someone else should definitely start using this.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Do you use the normal footstool, dair-> footstool or the downb footstool?
I use d-smash to footstool (like in the videos at the top of this thread). I haven't got down the dair footstool (flipstool) like Oro mentioned. the Downb foostool doesn't spike nearly as well as the normal footstool.

Last edited:

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
What a terrible brstm.

Sexy gimp, tho.
why thankyou, and I agree with the music, I'm replacing all of the songs on my build with fast paced jazz. So every smash match feels like a fight scene from a low budget action flick in the 70s/80s

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
So I was trying this out, and honestly I don't think it's worth it, people can either mash out of your down smash or not, so to time the foot stool out of it is very hard, and the fact that foot stooling in this game is even harder than Brawl makes it even more difficult to do.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
So I was trying this out, and honestly I don't think it's worth it, people can either mash out of your down smash or not, so to time the foot stool out of it is very hard, and the fact that foot stooling in this game is even harder than Brawl makes it even more difficult to do.
it takes oodles of practice, but against certain characters it is MU defining IMO.

that second vid against Shadic's bowser is also a good example of why it's freaking amazing that ZSS can grab you out of the air. DK and Bowser could gimp themselves just as easily if they do an air attack out of stun when trying to mash, also you can tell if a person is going to mash since you can hear their controller usually

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Against the DK that's seems easy since he's right below the stage and not off to the side, so in those cases maybe, as for Bowser, a forward smash would have just killed. Also that Bowser is bad.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Against the DK that's seems easy since he's right below the stage and not off to the side, so in those cases maybe, as for Bowser, a forward smash would have just killed. Also that Bowser is bad.
haha, all you saw was one stock out of many many matches, but Shadic has an amazing bowser actually and can even beat my ZSS with it (a MU feat if there ever was one). F-smash is of course the much superior option, this thread is all about killing with style though.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
haha, all you saw was one stock out of many many matches, but Shadic has an amazing bowser actually and can even beat my ZSS with it (a MU feat if there ever was one). F-smash is of course the much superior option, this thread is all about killing with style though.
Nick Riddle has the best Bowser though.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think, for gimps, especially against big ass characters like Bowser and DK, who die much later to powerful attacks, and who are bigger targets for the footstool, if you can be fairly consistent with it, this is a worthwhile think to go for, especially if you can find a methodology to make it cover multiple options.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I take back everything I said about foot stooling. I got 2nd in a PM tourney, had to fight multiple Fox and Falcos. I got the foot stool gimps on them and I loved it. Btw how do I send in tourney results for the PM rankings? Can anyone tell me?

Top Bottom