• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Doubles Play

DragSamus

Smash Rookie
Any insight into things like:
1. Who is a good teammate for ZSS?
2. What can ZSS do in teams?
3. Is ZSS even good in teams?
4. Project M teams in general?

I am going to a monthly soon and will be teaming with a mostly melee player who uses Fox/Marth/Sheik in PM. I'm thinking Fox with a support ZSS? I don't really know.

Thanks.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
ZSS's strongest asset is probably her back air and her paralyzer setups for KOs. She also forces a lot of techchase situations and is very mobile overall. She has great, quick moves with a good bit of reach. I can see her being a really good teammate for Snake, Puff, Wario, and the like.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Fox/ZSS should be fine by virtue of Fox being the best doubles character anyway. ZSS is pretty good in doubles as it is; she's super mobile, good recovery means she can recover independently without too much trouble and she can save her teammate when needed, she's got great setups and followups for team combos, etc. Wouldn't consider her 1v2 game as anything more than okay but she's still solid in doubles.

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
If zss is your main, then no. She's not the best for doubles, but she's certainly not bad at it.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
ZSS is ok for doubles. There's some cool things she can do, like when I team with Zael I like to Down-Smash someone and then he comes in with Luigi's Shoryuken for the KO, but that's more of just situational style. She's not bad at doubles, it's just that many other characters are better for dubs than she is. She offers good survivability, but that's kinda it.

I actually like to use Olimar in doubles more than ZSS. Having someone else there fighting with me buys my Pikmin time to blossom and then I go in and body with full-power Moniques.

Top Bottom