• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS 3.5?

Kingslayer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tenshi.zero
So...I've started playing PM and noticed that ZSS' changes in 3.5 seem to be very controversial. Can someone explain why? Is she still viable? She's my main in all smash games she appears in, and I don't want to switch mains simply because she isn't that good in this game. Also, I know there is already a zss 3.5 discussion thread, but the last reply was all the way back in 2014. This makes me wonder if it's still active. So i'm sorry if this thread belongs in another thread.

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
No... The 3.5 discussion thread is stickied and the last reply was today, lol

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
its mainly because her playstyle was changed quite a bit. before, she had a tether grab and a dash cancelable projectile. both were removed in favor of a standard grab, and a longer ranged, not cancelable projectile. additionally, her throw game was weakened considerably. everyone seems to believe you cant get combos out of dthrow (this is very untrue), but it is true that in order to kill from throws, its EXTREMELY percent tight, and requires several follow up hits that are hard to get. uthrow is basically just for tech chases on fast fallers now too.

Kingslayer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tenshi.zero
its mainly because her playstyle was changed quite a bit. before, she had a tether grab and a dash cancelable projectile. both were removed in favor of a standard grab, and a longer ranged, not cancelable projectile. additionally, her throw game was weakened considerably. everyone seems to believe you cant get combos out of dthrow (this is very untrue), but it is true that in order to kill from throws, its EXTREMELY percent tight, and requires several follow up hits that are hard to get. uthrow is basically just for tech chases on fast fallers now too.
Well, I actually really like her new paralyzer and the fact that they got rid of her tether grab. Nob being able to combo out of down throw really sucks though.

Kingslayer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tenshi.zero
No... The 3.5 discussion thread is stickied and the last reply was today, lol
2 things. First, what do you mean by"stickied"? Second, it's still active? Because my computer says the last reply wasn't until last year...

Top Bottom