• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
I can always appreciate some nice new stuff Near! Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Always wished I could make a combo video lol.
If you have the replays and it's just a matter of recording your clips, I'd be happy to help out.
Surprised you haven't had any Zelder CVs before!

I was actually hoping to get some clips from other Zelda players to collaborate into my CV - would be lovely to have something up from the Zelda mains before Brawl is buried.

Anyone is free to send in clips, btw - just don't go crazy!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I must agree, those Farore cancels were so sick, I bet your opponents totally didn't see them coming. XD

I bet if a bunch of Zeldas could get really good at Farore cancels and started doing that, some people would likely think of Zelda as a bit more of a threat. ;) Similar to if every Zelda could get really good at landing Lightning kicks...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
imo the one with Marth looks like the beginning animation of Ftilt..

also i kinda had my FC changed again so i could get my FE DLCS back the FC is under my username

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Well guys, I finally drowned to one of these brutal pools.

Evo pools are rough, and I lost to only DeLux twice. I could've taken him in the first set and I really only have myself to blame. Second go around I just got handled and couldn't mash anymore lol. A tad humbling but a tourney of this magnitude brings things like that.

Doubles was truthfully underwhelming as well. Lost on stream twice so I can at least post one of the sets because one loss was with Sheik because of DEHF/Mekos. The other loss was Xzax/K9. Rough stuff lol.

Also, bum leg started to go awful on me so that was a minor drawback.

Aside from the bad of my own performance, everything was incredible!!! Trash talked many a person, made many more friends, and just had a great time the whole way through. Almost made it through the Ganon gauntlet with Zelda, and then became one of the gauntlet members. Won matches with Ixis while doing a Zelda/Bowser team for ULTIMATE LOLZ! I truthfully don't know how many more tourneys I'll do but that isn't because the will isn't there, it's just time to heal and find some income lol. Love the game and the community that keeps giving me reasons to keep at it!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice you had fun. I felt like pools was handled awfully this time around. Shame you lost to ICs twice... such an awful matchup for Sheik and Zelda. Apex 2014 may very well be the final, significant Brawl tournament :( At the very least, I hope the Brawl community in Florida stays strong like it always has been. I wonder what impact Smash 4 will have on Brawl?

Brawl has come to a full stop in Vancouver, where only those with spare time and money drive down to Oregon/Washington states for whatever tournaments that happen there. I've been dedicating more time into Melee (which is continuing to grow) for the better part of 2013. I'm enjoying it a ton... but I still enjoy Brawl not that there is ever a chance to play it anymore :(

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Do these boards have a skype chat? I hardly ever check character boards and I keep changing my name :(

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Too good :bee:

Everyone has bad days when they don't preform as well. I hate when I have a bad day, lol I can't play at all.
@Ed at least you had fun and repped Zelda :)
edit, the @ forum coding is stupid, I meant scary not some Ed who posted 2 times. This has happened with 3 different members I wrote @ to so far :/

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Aside from the bad of my own performance, everything was incredible!!! Trash talked many a person, made many more friends, and just had a great time the whole way through.
I saw that handsome mug in some of the photographer pics. :smirk: Looked like everyone had a blast, sad I missed it this year.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So I guess by the title that Fuujin's not coming back :(
...I mean officially; he'll be back in some form or other from time to time of course.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, if he was still on the "thin ice" policy, it's very possible he got re-superbanned.

Well, I guess we'll see him here again next year...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I honestly have no idea what happened to him, but knowing Fuu, he'll pop back up for like a month before getting banned again. :urg:
it still says it's 6 points but his profile is giving an error message saying it's not available..
You prob put in "Fuujin" (did that too the first time). His username is Fujin with just one "u" tho.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, I tried by clicking his avatar and having it send me to his profile, and THAT didn't work.

His profile page is un-reachable right now AFAIK. :confused:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Nothing of value was actually lost really. This omelet will just have a bit less pepper for now.

We need a new GIF queen.

Rizen

Smash Legend
On a more literal note, an omelet would taste pretty good about now...
^Nice sig, btw. What's that from?

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I just found out that Ganon Gauntlet had happened again this year (via YT videos). And guess who I saw repping the Zelda? ED!!

It felt soooo refreshing seeing an offline Zelda kicking ass, even if it was against Ganon lol.

Regardless of the outcome, ED won in my mind.

/ED tribute

Hey everybody.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
On a more literal note, an omelet would taste pretty good about now...
^Nice sig, btw. What's that from?
Omelets are always great in my book. Also, my sig is a from a 90's cartoon style drawing based on the video for Tonight Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins which is one of my favorite songs ever. The music vid is in the link (so you can see what the illustration is referring to) and the full drawing is below.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well... Welcome back Fujin... At least for a little bit. > _ >

Also, Kaylo, all your sig GIFs are too good IMO. All those sigarettes. XD

*Edit*
So yeah, It's been pretty much confirmed that the PMBR is gonna completely dismantle and redesign P:M Zelda to be more like her disastrous Melee counterpart. Sufficiently alienating around 15+ Zelda mains.

RiP in peace any competitive smash I'd go for... :urg:

Of course, unless the Zeldas' unrest can convince them to take a less drastic route...

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I've been dedicating a lot more time into Zelda (in Melee) to deal with some awful Peach MUs like Jigglypuff. She's pretty bad but does work against people without the MU experience. I'm half considering being a full time Zelda main.

Should watch Cosmo (and his speedruns too) - his Zelda always inspires me to keep trying. Just outpatience EVERYBODY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKU3ONCOyo (not the best vid to watch but the patience!)

And honestly, if you can tolerate Brawl Zelda, Melee Zelda shouldn't be any trouble. Zelda's dsmash is like... a little bit worse than Peach's. So fast, strong, and a fantastic move for edgeguarding.

Funny how I'm learning patience from Melee and not Brawl. :)

Last edited:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Also, Kaylo, all your sig GIFs are too good IMO. All those sigarettes. XD

*Edit*
So yeah, It's been pretty much confirmed that the PMBR is gonna completely dismantle and redesign P:M Zelda to be more like her disastrous Melee counterpart. Sufficiently alienating around 15+ Zelda mains.
Why thank you for the sig compliment! If you like foreign films and've never seen Malena, I highly recommend it.

Sucks that they're crapping on Zelda yet again. Seems like she can't ever have a game where she gets her due shine. :urg:

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I've been dedicating a lot more time into Zelda (in Melee) to deal with some awful Peach MUs like Jigglypuff. She's pretty bad but does work against people without the MU experience. I'm half considering being a full time Zelda main.

Should watch Cosmo (and his speedruns too) - his Zelda always inspires me to keep trying. Just outpatience EVERYBODY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKU3ONCOyo (not the best vid to watch but the patience!)

And honestly, if you can tolerate Brawl Zelda, Melee Zelda shouldn't be any trouble. Zelda's dsmash is like... a little bit worse than Peach's. So fast, strong, and a fantastic move for edgeguarding.

Funny how I'm learning patience from Melee and not Brawl. :)
YES! Cosmo is like my Idol Melee Zelda, a vid of his even taught me an intersting and helpful ledge guard Melee Zelda can do on fox, that's even more effective in P:M.

Still though, on a data based reasoning, it's WAY easier to tolerate Brawl Zelda. She's just cursed by Brawl physics. > _ >
I mean, nearly every move is better (albiet, a bit slower) in Brawl, data wise. I won't put up examples, but they're just nearly all better.

Melee Zelda just had those kicks. Which overall made her better competitively then brawl Zelda. But honestly, these two (Brawl and Melee) Zeldas should be compared to eachother IMO.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
YES! Cosmo is like my Idol Melee Zelda, a vid of his even taught me an intersting and helpful ledge guard Melee Zelda can do on fox, that's even more effective in P:M.

Still though, on a data based reasoning, it's WAY easier to tolerate Brawl Zelda. She's just cursed by Brawl physics. > _ >
I mean, nearly every move is better (albiet, a bit slower) in Brawl, data wise. I won't put up examples, but they're just nearly all better.

Melee Zelda just had those kicks. Which overall made her better competitively then brawl Zelda. But honestly, these two (Brawl and Melee) Zeldas should be compared to eachother IMO.
I'd agree but she *does* have some nice things in Melee too. I think her OoS game is better in Melee, especially if you light shield which pushes you away enough to either f/b-air. Took me a while to get used to light shielding since I was so used to holding shield really hard from Brawl. Also jump-cancel up smash from shield is godly until the opponent figures out you can CC -> shield -> shield-grab.

Zelda just lands kicks way more easily in Melee, and there's a far less punishing staling effect. For that, I prefer Melee Zelda over Brawl.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'd agree but she *does* have some nice things in Melee too. I think her OoS game is better in Melee, especially if you light shield which pushes you away enough to either f/b-air. Took me a while to get used to light shielding since I was so used to holding shield really hard from Brawl. Also jump-cancel up smash from shield is godly until the opponent figures out you can CC -> shield -> shield-grab.

Zelda just lands kicks way more easily in Melee, and there's a far less punishing staling effect. For that, I prefer Melee Zelda over Brawl.
Yeah, light shield works some wonders for Zelda, she also has a good shield as well. (Covers her hurt-boxes well, and for long.) I still am not good at light shielding, but that's likely because I play more P:M and brawl. :p

As for zelda landing kicks easier in Melee, it's 100% true.

In melee, it was about spacing it farther away, (that's a nicer design IMO) and there was less of a chance to miss because the electric hit-box is huge. The reason it's so spacing dependant (AKA, hit slightly too close and get a sourspot) Is because the sourspot hit-boxes actually take priority, forcing you to need to hit farther out. In Brawl, the sweetspot has priority over the sourspots, but you need to like, be really close for it to hit. (As all zelda mains would know.) AND it has to be the first frame. Unlike Melee where the sweetspot is out for 4 frames.

Cool note, in Brawl, If you sweetspot in just the right way, (Very close inwards, opponent's hurt-boxes must be very well placed.) you can do a reversed LK. I have a particular replay where I sweetspot a FAir, and the opponent flies behind me. Just another oddity that Zelda has in Brawl...

Top Bottom