• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZEST4 *29 Augustus 2009, The Netherlands (EUROPE)* MELEE, Results and shoutouts!

Kone

Smash Master
Exalador - Cant remember you knocking my beer over lol its all cool ;)

Tim - Ill speak to you regularly on msn so no need for me to do a shoutout here tho i kinda will. cheers to you, anaa and rihanna for all the housing and everything. you guys all were good company and it'd be nice if we make a future dutch tournament to hang out with you guys again. we were saying that we'd def stay an extra night in the car on the way back so we can have a night out with drinks without smash ;). Also, not sur ehow u guys coming ot he uk in october would work lol. We mad live miles apart. If robbys does a tournament that'd be ace (tho not sure he will? eek) if not not sure what would happen.

I tried playing armada but then he touched me and i felt uncomfortable and had to leave.

edit - Tim; I was right regarding the netherlands and holland meaning different things (at least in english) explained half way down the page in the following link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_(terminology)

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Guess I'll do some shouts as well... I might forget some people though

Exalador: Thanks for hosting another awesome tourney, I've been at every ZEST and I will make sure I'll be there again next time :D. It's good to have you back lol
Tim: Good to have you back as well, keep training or ik ga je inhalen
Other 'old' dutchies: nice to see some people of the oude garde, you should come more often.
Armada: congratz man, keep playing and you'll be the best of the world :)
Zgetto: ik ben je grootste fan lol, kga voortaan gewoon al jouw belangrijke single matches kijken. Jammer dat Armada niet de eerste match van jou verloor maar wel van iedereen op genesis en van remen nu
Remen: good ****
Amsah: jij moet serieus je RPS-skills trainen. Hier is een site voor jou: http://www.umop.com/rps101.htm
CBT+, Ninfreak, Mizar, Qlex, Aska: been fun to house you guys, the training before the tourney was just what I needed and I actually managed to sleep well with so many people around :)
Jeffzor: Rainbow Ride is een kutstage, maar het werkt wel :p. Ik ga daar wat op trainen dan kunnen we vaker teamen
Craigg: nice to meet you man, I didn't know what to expect but you're definitely better than me... for the moment XD
Aqua: goed dat je (ook) melee speelt, de lat ligt hoog dus blijf oefenen
Coen: we moeten nog steeds een keer afspreken, je woont zo dichtbij man -_-
anyone I forget: thanks for being there

Exalador

Smash Lord
edit - Tim; I was right regarding the netherlands and holland meaning different things (at least in english) explained half way down the page in the following link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_(terminology)
That is correct, 'The Netherlands' is the country as a whole, and 'holland' is basicly a part of the netherlands (Noord-holland en Zuid-holland (2 provinces)). You actually were in holland though :p Zuid-Holland to be specific ;)

Holland is used a lot as a synonym for the netherlands (though incorrectly).. but it doesn't really matter... for instance: if the national soccer team plays, we chant stuff like 'hup holland hup', but also stuff like 'go nederland!'... you see, we don't give a **** :p

EDIT: oh.. i used soccer, because i think football is confused with american football by too many people (mostly americans) :p

Kone

Smash Master
Exalador - Yeah I knew the difference and knew i was in south holland :) just tim didn't lol. Its a bit like how people get confused between united kingdom, great britain and england etc. Also, never use soccer unless your american, the rest of us understand what football is :)!!!

Kone

Smash Master
Im sorry and this won't go down well but the dutch language is terrible. It looks awful and sounds awful. Too many gurgling of the throat noises lol. It makes pretty girls sounds bad :( ;_;

However, I like the netherlands, your houses are mad. Ill come back again soon.

J03

Smash Master
culturally i love Holland, its really a great place in every way. i love how most peeps are really nice and talk to everyone like theyre a friend not just someone bugging you. The houses are CRAZEH! theres also absolutely nooo hills. You dutch also have the best meat in the world, seriously its amazing. if theres such a thing as a vegetarian Dutch dude they should just be shot or deported xD.

Personally the Dutch language was my least favourite experience, it just seemed awkward to pronounce and speak, also i couldnt 'hccchhh' at all =(

However the Dutch accent is freaking awesome ^___^ its uber awesome actually!!! 'schmoke and a pancake'!

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Exa, you forgot meeeee...;_;

if theres such a thing as a vegetarian Dutch dude they should just be shot or deported xD.
Amsah watch the **** out

And Lawrence: 0653436337. Komende zondag?

craiigg

Smash Lord
LOL joe <3

i spose ill do a few shoutz >_> this is in no order.. just whenever i remember names

sdb - i love you all, journey was amazing, etc etc.. thanks for everythang <3

tim - thanks so much for housing and everything else, was awesome meeting you and your friends blah blah, no need for a shoutout really, we spoke on msn ^-^

coen - no worries about the papers bro, my pleasure (:

baxon - that bubblegum joint ****ED ME UP, how much did you put in?!?!?! hahaha
also, weird question.. but do you dance? you're french, and your style made me wonder.. i'm a popper myself (:

makenshi - nice meeting you man, i love your playstyle.. thanks for ****** me in pools and making me level up in bracketz

pamaro & ice? - sorry about the misunderstanding with the double blind stuff.. i wasn't trying to be a *****, but i dont think the language barrier helped.. i would of been fine for ice to do it, but i think the way it was worded made it sound like a big deal when it wasnt..

gg's anyway pamaro, your falcon is hot and gave me so much trouble that i kinda started giving up haha but i would of loved some friendlies without the pressure of brackets (:

amsah - i was so high that i only remember two things, you calling me your hero for a reason i can't remember at all, and me meaning to be polite and asking if you'd mind some friendlies came out as I WUNA PLAY YOU !!

zgetto - i really enjoyed playing you in bracket, it was ****. thanks 2 stocking me twice. =p

law - awesome meeting you, you dont talk too much huh and we never did get our second round of friendlies but gg's etc and hope to see you again

anyone i met / spoke to briefly im sorry for not talking more (nini?, my?, aniolas etc) im sure you wont be offended but i was baked by the end, and talking wasn't really something i could handle LOL

and thanks for taking us to the coffee shop exal =) gj for the tournament i had fun

Exalador

Smash Lord
I like the netherlands, your houses are mad. Ill come back again soon.
If it is in a couple of days that my dad is out of town (on a business trip or something) i probably wouldn't mind taking you guys in for a couple of days to reduce some of your costs :) oh and about the dutch language... i can understand how it sounds horrible hahahaha... personally i love the english language way better even though i am dutch, and i would happily embrace the day that they anounce to make the whole world have english as there first language :p might just be me though... but everything sounds better in the english language imo...

Personally the Dutch language was my least favourite experience, it just seemed awkward to pronounce and speak, also i couldnt 'hccchhh' at all =(

However the Dutch accent is freaking awesome ^___^ its uber awesome actually!!! 'schmoke and a pancake'!
hahaha yeah the 'hccchhh' sound (or gurgling as Kone calls it lol) is hard for english people to pronounce... just practice :p you'll master it i'm sure ^^ if you don't like the hard hccchhh sound or the hard/rolling 'R' we use, you should go to the southeast of the netherlands sometime, the difference is amazing... we have what we call a 'hard G' (which sounds like the hcccchchchch :p) the have a 'soft G' which for the english will probably sound way less awkward :p

Exa, you forgot meeeee...;_;
omg... hoe dan?!!!?!?!

Special shoutout to coen: The guy who co-hosted ZEST1 - 3 with me, which made it possible to have a ZEST4 ^^ great that you could come :D

omg i forgot bf too >_> BF: lol you were waaaaay too baked, how can you lose your shoes? XD too cool that you could make it :)

J03

Smash Master
Amsah get back here and eat meat!! ^_^

ill do some shoutouts now plox.

SDB: Mike and Robby, so glad to have gotten to know you guys better, was definatly awesome. Ed ed ed, as always you know how to make a boring situation awesome and an awesome situation awkward xD, thanks for everything dude. Craigy BEBE! my god, ive never been so high for so long in one-heluva-time dude, we gotta go back haha. <3<3<3

Aniolas/Alex- Dude you are too cool, loved talking to you, its a shame i didnt know to much about the Swedish League or wed have had an awesome footy talk for sure. When we see each other again well have the world cup to talk about ^_^, mebbe next time get Armada to chill, i didnt wanna be bugging him to talk if he didnt want too. Also maybe next time just ask to use a little bit of other peoples shiz rather then buying lots for yourself rofl. catch up next time dude <3

Baxon- DUDE WHIT- how chilled out are you dude? Mr.Smooth, i didnt think our bracket match was up to much at all, i choked and you werent high rofl, next time we'll blates play more. and dude that bubblegum shiz was deadly haha.

Adam- Man thats one nice *** sheik, ima coming to gun you down! PEW PEW!

Amsah- Loved playing your sheik bro, its so amazing, sorry about not trying when you played your alts, i didnt have much interest at all rofl. Outside of smash your also a really nice dude and you cracked me up soo much. Much love <3

Jeffzors- you really need to man up with peach, i personally thought you really limited yourself with your choice of moves dude.

Yuki- keep up the mad G&W, make him top tier!!

Who was that falcon player who i played when i was high? was it Aska?- well whoever you were your sick dude, just some touch ups here and there and youll have Armada saying 'WTFZZ!!' we played some wicked friendlies dude, hope to see you again.

Also well done to Tjarwood, Dude, Loek, Kuraii, Udoyasha, Nessiah and Garet999. i figured you guys wouldnt get much of a mention but much love <3 mebe beat some peeps next time =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim- Thank you so much for the housing and showing us Holland, i love your country, although when i come again ill probably bring a hill with me because Holland is far to flat xD. The night out in Hire-a-bike was awesome, we all wanted to stay because even ANNA WAS GETTING CHATTY!!!

Could you let Rhianna know that we are all so grateful for the supply kit she gave us. Tell her we really didnt expect such an awesomely nice thing and it all was much appreciated. On top of that could you tell her thank you for everything and if we see her next time ill try to not get sooo wasted rofl.

Also could you thank Anna/Onna/Ulna/UlnAAA/Anne =P for the tea when we first arrived, next time i wont put milk in orange tea, the two sadly werent made for eachother xD also tell her to talk more, shes far to quiet for my liking xD if its a language barrier thing then teach her english, if not for me, then for craig >_0

Much love to everyone <3 xxx

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
More video news...

The bad: Lots of frame drops, sometimes for several seconds in a row. Sound goes out of sync. May try to sync if possible.

The good: because it's 30fps, the files will be much smaller.
Encoding just started. Expect videos tomorrow. Maybe even tonight.

Qlex

Smash Cadet
There are some sound marks to sync the files. I try to say "Game" whenever I see it appearing on screen, although sometimes I forget.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I hate to sound so negative on everything, but that's probably the lowest quality sound I've ever heard, somewhere in the league of 20kbit mp3 (even though it's wav).
And next time, please turn the microphone towards the speakers and not the TV =)
Didn't even realize they were the commentaries until now.

I hope I'm just doing something wrong.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Exalador - Yeah I knew the difference and knew i was in south holland :) just tim didn't lol. Its a bit like how people get confused between united kingdom, great britain and england etc. Also, never use soccer unless your american, the rest of us understand what football is :)!!!
In Denmark there isn't even a name for united kingdom (well technically you could literally translate it, but yeah :p) so when referred to it will indeed be called great britain (Or England :p).
For the netherlands i have heard it being said in danish before, but it is never ever used. xD

But whatever evidently people don't know the difference between scandinavia and nordic countries so meh! :p

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Aight, gonna make some shout outs:

Dutchies:

Exalador: Wow, i don't even know how to thank you. Sleeping and practicing at your place at friday was lots of fun. The tourney was even better. Great job and i can't wait for zest5 to happen :)

Reffie: thanks for dumping my stuff at my home. And teams was some fun after all :bee:

Jip: Lots of fun talking to you again after such a long time, what about grabbing a beer sometime in amsterdam or utrecht?

Marc: pretty good job with the seeding. Also well done in the bracket, never losing to random players is a skill too. ;)

Faab: teams losers finals were amazing, can't wait to see them. And no, i didn't really practice at home except for like a few hours of tech skill in the week before zest.

Adam: Fun matches and i'm really surprised i took the first game in our set in the bracket.

Trained n00b: Close match i could have won it in the second game as i was ahead for the entire match. But still you deserved to beat me. Good games.

Zgetto: good shizzle taking second place once again :) Next time i expect you to take some games from armada again.

Amsah: Thanks for that 70 seconds we played (one match :p)

Dave: Aight, always a pleasure. was fun talking with you in fresh air

Linkje: we didn't play o_0 not even battle for the 5 cents.

Utto: tssk, curry. Shame on you!

Remen: i'm so sure you are like the only european that's capable of beating armada in a set right now o_0 Just way too incosistent from game to game. And counterpicking FD is just meeeh imo.

Ryuker: great job recording all this stuff again. I really want to see all those matches.

Timmy: next time again

Johnny: Still beast in teams O_O

BF: lol, did you find your shoes already? :laugh:

Coen: hmmmm?

Jeffz0r: was kinda fun when i 4 stocked you 4 times in a row when everybody was watching :p

Happosai+Mind Trick:the yoshi/sheik team kinda surprised me :laugh:

Jeapie: i want to play you next time.

Thomaz met de Z gaat weg!

Swedes:
Aniolas: that's been a long time dude :) Great playing some games and fun talks. I really wanna go to sweden once again.

Armada:Just got 2 games in before i had to leave. Fun short talk we had though i felt kinda drunk already during these 2 matches. Which didn't really improve my performance :laugh: See ya again.

AJP: Thanks for all the hard work for the vids even when you weren't there.

Germans:
Pamaro: crazy falcon, crazy sleeping skills in the train

Ice: teach me german next time in the train lol

Frenchies:
Didn't talk a lot to the french, except for
Baxon: I was really surprised that i beat you. Good matches and i hope to see them online. Pretty sure you're a better player normally and just didn't have your day. You're also a really nice guy, hope to see you again. o_0

English crew: i love english people. Playing smash, drinking beer, english humor. If there's a big tourney some day in england i'll make sure to get there. Now go make it happen kone ;)

I'm pretty sure i still forget some people. Thanks for coming everyone. See you all again!

nofx4president

Smash Journeyman
'That is correct, 'The Netherlands' is the country as a whole, and 'holland' is basicly a part of the netherlands (Noord-holland en Zuid-holland (2 provinces)).'

ed/kone: i knew that but i was too high when we were talking in the bar about this subject. well.. ok.. i did not know it at all :p, but i think alot of dutchies don't know this O_O.

and also this: 'However, I like the netherlands, your houses are mad. Ill come back again soon.'

rianne's (not spelled rihanna xD) house is an exception, and she will be kicked out in a few months, so you guys better come back really soon =D.

craig:
'baxon - that bubblegum joint ****ED ME UP, how much did you put in?!?!?! hahaha'

that may be the cause you were so rude to me on the trip back when we had the fight >_<. it was kinda funny thinking about it afterwards though xD.

'but do you dance? you're french, and your style made me wonder.. i'm a popper myself (:'

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA xD. when you did your little dancing move on the streets in harderwijk you looked totally weird and gay. joe's the better dancer i think. im sorry craig. <3.

'amsah - i was so high that i only remember two things, you calling me your hero for a reason i can't remember at all'

i told him in dutch you won the bracket match vs the guy who kicked me out of poules.

exa:

'If it is in a couple of days that my dad is out of town (on a business trip or something) i probably wouldn't mind taking you guys in for a couple of days to reduce some of your costs'

i should warn you. ed likes to make you feel awkward by touching you and making sarcasting comments in english slang i dont understand to his fellow smashers xD.

J to the O to the THREE =].
'we all wanted to stay because even ANNA WAS GETTING CHATTY!!! '

if thats the reason you guys wanted to stay im glad you left. no, im kidding xD. i miss you guys already, really cool how all 5 of you are awesome in your own way (like you being the funniest, mike being the friendliest etc.)

'Could you let Rhianna know that we are all so grateful for the supply kit she gave us. Tell her we really didnt expect such an awesomely nice thing and it all was much appreciated. On top of that could you tell her thank you for everything and if we see her next time ill try to not get sooo wasted rofl. '

typical rianne thing to do, she buys me stuff all the time xD. she doesnt mind you got wasted, clearly you dont know the 2 guys she lives with too well :p.

'next time i wont put milk in orange tea, the two sadly werent made for eachother xD '

no **** sherlock =D

'also tell her to talk more, shes far to quiet for my liking xD if its a language barrier thing then teach her english, if not for me, then for craig >_0'

for craig? what about robby? x'D and you know how i like to talk as much as you do right? if anne was a quite person, we wouldnt be such close friends. so yeh, i think it was the language barrier.

faab:

not to offend you, but you seem so friendly on smashboards, while you have such a big mouth in real life x'D.

mike:

upload the pictures we took at the parking lot @ harderwijk boulevard plz =].

marc:

i need you to make an offensive banner about me for zest5. you know what it should be about xD

J03

Smash Master
tim- dude craig is sick at popping, he cant help it that my general atmosphere is so awesome even hes stifled by it.

also teach anna english then dood rofl, i did feel a bit uncomfortable talking to her not having a clue if she could understand me at all, i just presumed she thought i was an idiot, luckily for her i am an idiot so i wasnt gonna take offense either way xD

Faab- what were you listening too? xD

Kone

Smash Master
Tim - im clearly funnier than joe lol ;) just you dont get my humour cos of my slang and its subtleness LOL. Im 2 good basically. Also, anna's english was good joe, just i had same problem intially in thinkign she didnt understand me but she does and you just need to talk to her. I think she is quiet in a group tho but thats cos theres 5 english lads talking quick and banterful english. Probs hard to keep up!

Also tim we will come back and stay with you guys again if therEs another dutch tournament. I thinK marc mentioned one in xmas maybe. I meant that all your houses looked mad, not riannas. Not going to be back in the next few months neway. Ill reiterate what joe said about thanking rianna and anna etc though ill do that on msn whenever i get the internet at home myself aswell. Pass on my msn details to them if you can tim please.

Im gutted about the commentary, is there not anything we can do?

J03

Smash Master
Hey Tiiiiimmmm- same as Ed, pass along msn details plox =). I felt like i was wrekced the entire time, wouldnt mind actually talking to rianne sober rofl.

Ed- haha Dude Im 'the funny one' You deserve it xD

Kone

Smash Master
If tim thinks your funny then ...well...gosh..you can have the title?! but ill be content knowing that in england and in proper english im clearly the funnier lol ;) and yeah tim give them my msn: ceddon@hotmail.com and anyone else that wants to add me go for it.

Im hoping to run a large, or THEE large, european tournament in Brighton next summer ^________^

J03

Smash Master
something has gone very very wrong with the commentary, its unsalvagable.

Can someone please figure out wtf went wrong and stop it from ever happening again xD

Any one got any ideas?

Kone

Smash Master
Uhm how bad is it joe? like, unsalvageable? in what way? im gutted, no one gets to hear me call armada a very naughty dirty little boy that likes to wear shorts ;_;

CAN SOMEONE SAVE THE COMMENTARY?

Top Bottom