• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZEST Tournament 30 september & 1st of October, All Invited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalador

Smash Lord
hey everyone,

New tournament coming up! All invited! International players too....

VENUE INFO

Unfortunatly i will have to use 2 different venues (one on saturday one on sunday)

VENUE SATURDAY
--------------------
venue used on saturday, we will be playing the 1 VS 1 and Low Tier tournaments here...
Start time: 12:00, but the venue will be open to everyone starting 10:45. Be sure to be present at 11:30 tops, so you will have time to play a couple of practice matches and than we can start the tournament at 12:00.

Venue Adress:
Buurtruimte "De Patio"
Gaardedreef 189
2723 AZ Zoetermeer

If anybody needs help with knowing how to get to the venue by train/bus, ask me.. (or Jeffz0r the Smash Travel Agency right? ;) ) usefull site: http://www.9292ov.nl/

bijzonderheden: ok... hij geeft op het kaartje bij 92920v.nl een andere plek aan :/ scheelt echter niet veel hoor, zie kaartje:

je moet bij het rode cirkeltje zijn... dus niet bij het groene vlaggetje (het rode vlaggetje is de halte waar je uitstapt, die heet 'Aardappelakker')... bus 3 komt daar langs (en volgens mij ook bus 4)

VENUE SUNDAY
-----------------
Venue used on sunday, we will be playing the Team and Crew tournaments here...
Start time: 12:30, but the venue will be open to everyone starting 10:30. Be sure to be present at 12:00 tops, so you will have time to play a couple of practice matches and than we can start the tournament at 12:30.

Venue Adress:
Jongerencentrum "De Spott"
Prismalaan 50
2718 CX Zoetermeer

need help knowing how to get there? just ask... usefull site: http://www.9292ov.nl/

kaartje is hier niet echt nodig... die staat wel goed aangegeven op 9292ov.nl volgens mij

Tournament size: as it stands right now 64 people maximum, perhaps even more!
Signing up is possible untill 25th of september...

Final tournament name: Zest: Zoetermeer's Extreme Smash Tournament
tournaments held: Singles, low tier, duo's and maybe crews, singles will be on saturday, the rest still needs to be decided on (prolly low tier on saturday too and duo's and crews on sunday)

Costs:
Venue entry - 10 euro (only paid once! so if you come both days its NOT 20 euros!)
Singles - 10 euro --------Poules+Double Elim
low tier - 1 euro ------ Single Elim
duo's - 10 euro per team (so 5 per player) ------ Poules+Double Elim
crews - FREE ------ depends on time and number of crews

--------------------
The Rules
--------------------

Rules for 1 vs 1:
Pouls+Double Elimination, best of 3. Best of 5 from quarter finals, best of 7 for winner's finals.
4 Stock, 8 minutes Stocktime
If the timer runs out the player with the most stock left wins. In case of a stock tie the player with the lowest percentage wins (so the Sudden Death does not count in this case). In case of a percentage tie the Sudden Death is played.
Items are off.

First match in a set the stage is either agreed upon or random. All further matches within a set the loser of the previous match gets to pick stage. However, if a stage has already been played in a set it can only be played a second time if the winner of the previous match agrees to play it again.

NEW LEVEL RULES

4 stages on random select: Fountain of Dreams, Pokémon Stadium, Final Destination, Dream Land N64

Counterpicks: Rainbow Ride, Yoshi’s Story, Brinstar, Mute City, Battlefield, Kongo Jungle N64.

stage bans: basicly every other level
the other levels are allowed if opponent AGREES to play it

The first match of a set both players are allowed to pick character, all following matches only the loser of the previous match is allowed to switch character if he wants to. The winner of the previous match must remain the same character.
And finally, stalling tactics such as Peach bombering or rising pound are banned unless when used for recovery.

Rules for teams:
Team attack is on.
All other rules are the same as 1 vs 1.

Rules for lower tier:
Single elimination
Characters allowed:
Luigi
Link
Pikachu
Roy
Zelda
Young Link
Yoshi
Ness
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Mewtwo
Bowser
Pichu
All other characters can not be used.
All other rules the same as 1 vs 1.

Rules for crew tournament:
1. Crews of 4-5 members
2. Divide 20 stock between them(evenly).

3. Players make a sheet that says the characters they will use, and who will play first. This sheet must not be shown to the other crew.

4. Stage selection will contain the neutral lvls only and all matches will be selected by random. The same stage cannot be played twice in a row, but can be played more than once in a set.

5. Whichever crew loses all of their stock first loses.

6. When the match starts and one player has to SD in order to have his required stock(such as 4 stock vs 3 stock) the person who has to wait may not charge anything such as needles, charge shot, shadowball, etc. It would be if the person just stood still. The player that has to SD may not harm the other opponent.

7. Players who win their matches only need to retain their stock(he won the match with 2 stock left, he goes on with 2 stock). Players will not need to regain their damage.

8. BONUS I am considering making a small price for the winner of the crews tournament. If this will be the case, crews will be formed random, so that it will stay fun, and doesnt end up in 1 extremely good crew (like Amsah, NNja, Kirby squad and 1 other in a crew). Ofcourse the price wont be too much, but like 5 euros for each member in the crew (so 20 or 25 euros), since i do have to pay for the price by myself

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanx to Nnja, copied (nearly all of the rules) from his thread, also thanx to everyone else who made these rules, or helped Nnja with them
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

suggestions are more than welcome

if the tournament turns out to be a succes, i might make it a half-yearly event, or even more regular.

you can add me for any questions / suggestions or just for fun ofcourse:
zest_tournament@hotmail.com

Cubes: Exalador 3, Savior 1, Fireman.EXE 1, Marcel (Mind Trick) 1,

TV's: Exalador: Apparently all :p

Housing needed: Fire, Faab, Zero212, Z-N freak, Adam + Friend, Shoe, Sparkie009, Greenmachine en Kragen

Housing priority: foreign people, if any show up. If not, i will take responsability for the peeps that allready said they will need housing (so Zero212, Adam + Friend, Shoe, Sparkie009, Green Machine, Kragen and Z-N (if savior can't house you))

Sign-up List:
--------------
1 - Exalador
2 - Stewie
3 - Mischa
4 - Jeffz0r
5 - Down A
6 - Sparky
7 - Shoe
8 - Green machine
9 - Rensie nr1
10 - Ivo
11 - Reffie
12 - Ruben
13 - TiRune
14 - Dave
15 - Savior
16 - Johnnyboy
17 - Coen
18 - Ryuker
19 - BF.com
20 - Zeta
21 - Nnja
22 - Amsah Nihonjin
23 - Happosai
24 - FireMan.EXE
25 - Utto
26 - Shadow
27 - Jago
28 - Zellos
29 - Adam
30 - Zero212
31 - Beunhaas
32 - Crash&Burn
33 - Wulp
34 - Kragen
35 - Thomaz
36 - Zgetto
37 - Wander
38 - Faab
49 - Lawrencelot
40 - Remen
41 - Fire
42 - Deimos
43 - Timmy
44 - Brasje
45 - Z-N Freak
46 - Jay
47 - Midi
48 - Kiko
49 - Rico
50 - Reco
51 - Toetmeister
52 - Frenk
53 - UchihaJP
54 - Korhan
55 - Great Mizuti
56 - Dodo
57 - Marcel (Mind Trick)
58 - Rks
59 - Romano
60 - Max

MIJN mobiele nummer: 0646142114, misschien handig om op te slaan... mocht je vragen onderweg hebben

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Yay first post ^^
Zoetermeer for top tier, it's close.
I suggest you find a good venue first and then check for it's availability. Then you can provide us with some possible dates and we can comment on them. A tournament maybe a month or so after the school year has begun would be awesome for me...

Exalador

Smash Lord
I suggest you find a good venue first and then check for it's availability. Then you can provide us with some possible dates and we can comment on them. A tournament maybe a month or so after the school year has begun would be awesome for me...
yeah somewhere half to late september is what i was thinking about, so something like 16/17, 23/24 september, or even 30 sep and 1 oct.

I dont know if you are formiliar with the venues in zoetermeer, but i was thinking about "de blokhut" its a venue which i believe can hold more than 100 people and is pretty easy to reach by train and bus. The only problem is that the trainsystem is undergoing a huge makeover (the randstad-rail project), so you should go to the Zoetermeer main station and take the bus from there. The venue is located near to the Silverdome (i guess some people will know that). I will check for availability this week, maybe even today. Meanwhile im thinking of a name for the tournament ;)

possible names?: DSF - Dutch Smash Fest
X-Toss - Xtreme Tournament Of Super Smash
Hypes - Half-Yearly Pro-tournament of Extreme Smash

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Xtreme Tournament is the name of the tournaments held in almere soz

<<_____<<<<<< Linkje

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Im not familiar with Zoetermeer but I'm from maassluis/rotterdam which makes it pretty close. friends of my mother's live there, i could go there if there's no housing ^^.

dates sound ok.
for a name
dont be too optimistic. halfyearly is a wild promise to make :p
DSF? LOL

hm. how about:
Zoetermeer, Uit Iemands Goedheid.
ZUIG
>p

Exalador

Smash Lord
lol, ok ease up :laugh: just did a small brainstorm for the names :psycho:
but what about 'Hypes' though? i mean, as you said BF, half-yearly might be a wild promise to make upfront, but if the tournament goes well, i really do plan to make it a half yearly (or even more often) event. lol @ ZUIG though...I might just use that one :chuckle: j/k

anyway, ill make a phone call tomorow to see when the venue is available. Allready found out it holds up to 80 people max (fire-department restriction), so that should be big enough for the event. So, ill update the thread when i got some more info about possible dates and if the venue can be rented for an entire weekend.

Exalador

Smash Lord
new info: Venue reserved for 30 sept / 1 oct, that was the first open spot they had... so this will be the date for the tournament, i will also change this in the first post...

Final tournament name: Zest: Zoetermeer's Extreme Smash Tournament
tournaments held: Singles, low tier, duo's and maybe crews, singles will be on saturday, the rest still needs to be decided on (prolly low tier on saturday too and duo's and crews on sunday)

Costs:
Venue entry - 10 euro
Singles - 10 euro
low tier - 1 to 5 euro (any suggestions?)
duo's - 10 euro per team (so 5 per player)
crews - likely to be free

suggestions are more than welcome

Exalador

Smash Lord
lol 20 per team would be fine too. if thats what most people are willing to pay that is what we could do.... for now ill keep it at 10, but i might change it.

As for the dates and venue: ill have a chance to get my last questions answered at wednesday (for example if its possible to spend the night at the venue, because i can probably only offer limited housing (10 people max), but seeing as nearly everyone that will enter will live in the netherlands, most can go home in between tournament days).

now spread the word for this tournament cuz i want to get people to sign up :laugh: a tournament with only a few players aint fun ;)

Down A

Smash Journeyman
ik kom ook(tenzij ik ECHT niet kan om wat voor reden dan ook)

Ik schrijf ook sparky, shoe en green machine in, al is het omdat ik nu een keer als eerste de thread zie.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
10 euro per team is goed hoor. 20 is veel dan gaan mensen niet meedoen aan teams omdat het zo duur is. ^_~

sign de hele ATM crew maar op
johnnyboy
coen (ngcx maar doe maar gewoon coen)
ryuker
bf.com
savior heeft zichzelf al aangemeld ^^

Exalador

Smash Lord
ok, list updated so far. everybody who wants to enter or has entered can add my msn adress i made specificly for this tournament: zest_tournament@hotmail.com

still no new info on the venue, because im quite busy at the moment. I will get new info on monday, tuesday or wednesday.

until then: just keep signing up, and as i said, i am open for any suggestions, comments, tips, questions etc.....

Exalador

Smash Lord
@ savior.... can't wait for a rematch dude, last time was extremely exciting and extremely close...

@ everyone who has signed up so far... even though it will still be about a month and a half until the tournament starts, i hope you will all enjoy it, and give me some feedback afterwards to improve future tournaments, and some suggestions for now if necessary....

Rules put on first post..... Thanx to Nnja (copied most of it from his thread) and ofcourse anyone else who helped with that info...

Exalador

Smash Lord
yep 30 sept is een zaterdag, het tournooi wordt dus op zaterdag en zondag gehouden....

slight problem with the venue at the moment, because those idiots rented it to another person as wel (double booking) so i will have to wait and see for that venue. ofcourse in the meanwhile i am looking for some other options as well.... allready found another one (better one) but on saturday we probably wont get in till 13:00....

does anyone think that is gonna be a problem? (so if that will be the venue, the tournament will be: Saturday, from 13:00 till 24:00 and sunday i will probably have the venue from 9:00 till 24:00... anyway... still looking for other options as well... but that venue does look really nice...

So as it stands right now the dates will be the same... but we might have to postpone it. In any case i will try my best to keep this date...

edit: if 13:00 is a bit late, it might be better to do the crew and duo battles on saturday, and the singles and low tier on sunday, because we will have a lot more time on sunday (9:00 to 24:00),
i will keep searching for a venue that we can use 2 full days though

reffie2

Smash Journeyman
Ik dacht echt dat ik ergens had gelezen dat het op 22 september was, maar de nieuwe datum is niet echt geweldig maar er zit niks anders op. Ik denk dat ik wel kan komen. Is er toevallig een vakantie rond 1 oktober?

Exalador

Smash Lord
ok ik zet je op de lijst... als je niet kan haal ik je er gewoon weer af :) maar aub wel tijdig melden... is wat makkelijker, want dan weet ik waar ik op kan rekenen (met tijdig bedoel ik een paar dagen van te voren)

can anyone make me a signature for my tournament? plz PM me... thaaaanx :)

nope geen vakantie zover ik weet.... maar zoals ik zei KAN het tournooi nog worden uitgesteld... maar ik reken erop dat het deze datum word....
------------------------------------

edit: totally forgot to mention this: ofcourse everyone who can bring a cube / TV is highly appreciated :) we only got 2 cubes and TVs atm (our own) might be able to get 3 or 4 cubes and tvs in total myself... but any help would be great

zero212

Smash Apprentice
kan ik me nog inschrijfen? ik denk niet dat ik veel kans maak om te winnen omdat het mijn eerste tournament wordt. en ik krijg pas een gamecube + ssbm aanstande donderdag. ik ben trouwens wel aardig goed in ssb maar ik denk niet dat het me veel zal helpen in ssbm.

Exalador

Smash Lord
ja zero, je kan je nog inschrijven (tot zeker 25 september, denk zelfs gewoon tot een dag van tevoren), en ik heb je inmiddels al op de lijst gezet.... als je (of iemand anders) zich uiteindelijk toch nog wil uitschrijven dan graag minstens een paar dagen voor het toernooi doorgeven...

Verder: dat het je eerste toernooi wordt, of dat je geen grote kans hebt om te winnen is niet zo belangrijk... toernooi is gewoon altijd leuk en je leert er veel van...
Btw: mijn kansen om te WINNEN zijn ook behoorlijk klein :p maar laatste zal ik niet worden denk ik ^^

@ prince.... cool me PM heeft gewerkt ^^ ik hoor wel wie eruiteindelijk allemaal komen, ik zet jullie voor nu allemaal op de lijst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom