• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo To Not Attend Paragon

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
The big person to beat in Smash 4 has very much been ZeRo. Recently on Twitter he has been discussing future plans and possible Smash burnout in coming to the upcoming tournament Paragon. He has now officially announced he will no longer be attending the event.

---​

Not Going To Paragon Anymore

After thinking long and hard about it, I'm not going to Paragon 2015 anymore. Ever since EVO I've felt a tremendous burn out in the game. I constantly push myself hard, and hard, and it's taking a toll on me. I just can't take it anymore. It's really hard for me to sit down and practice like I used to because I'm just burned out from long hours of practice every day for most of this year. Most of my time is spent in working on my YouTube channel, and other aspects of my life, the rest of the time is practice. But since I haven't been able to do that, I simply don't feel mentally prepared to compete at such a tournament right now. I haven't been sleeping properly, practicing properly, and I just don't feel well in general. I'm too stressed, burned out and tired from everything. I need a break, and that'd help me get back on my Smash ways. I'm taking a 3 week break, where I'll clear my mind, enjoy my life and do things that make me happy and relax. Just have a good time.

I'll be back for Big House 5 where I plan to be back stronger than ever. I talked to my manager and TO of paragon about this, and they're both understanding.

I apologize to all the fans who wanted to see me play at Paragon, but my health comes first and I hope you guys can understand that. Thank you.

---​

How do Smash fans feel about the announcement? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for more news coverage.

SmashCapps hopes that ZeRo feels better soon and that the competition at Paragon will still be fierce. To keep up with his adventures in gaming (he just got signed by a team) be sure to follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Eh, I think it'd be nice to finally see someone other than ZeRo win a Smash 4 tournament.

Besides, he more than deserved a little break.

Last edited:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I think it's gonna be fun watching a ZeRo-less tournament. And I don't mean anything bad by this.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, credit where it's due, that's a very mature attitude to have.

Best of luck to him, burn-out is never fun. Hope he sticks to his promise to come back "stronger". Goodness knows there's still unfinished business yet to be settled~ ;3

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I sware he'll find some way to take 1st even if he's not there :p

EDIT: ok jokes aside, I understand ZeR0s situation. With all the work he's put into things like not even losing a single game at EVO, why would he not be stressed? Just trying to be respectful here, he's definitely earned it.

Last edited:

NerdThomas3

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThomasLee1993
3DS FC
1865-1735-0762
It'll be nice for someone other than ZeRo to win a Smash 4 tournament for a change, but still, best of luck, my friend.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't know about that.

I mean, Nairo's really good, but there are a lot of good Smash 4 players out there and, since ZeRo won't be there, anyone can win!
If Nairo wins, I will be happy.

If Nairo wins with Dark Pit, I will bounce off the bloody walls.

Let me dream~

yackamajez

Smash Rookie
NNID
yackamajez
Well, if ZeRo isn't going then anyone can win! Personally I'm routing for Nairo.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I hope ESAM takes it. I don't know why but I just am not a fan of Nairo.

Pikachu for the win!

Also, I hope ZeRo feels better soon. It is completely understandable for him to take a short break.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
ZeRo deserves to take a break after winning EVO 2015; the largest Smash tournament of all time, without even losing a single game. He'll feel rejuvenated by the time BH5 rolls around. That said, it stinks that ESAM won't have another shot at him until, once again, BH5 rolls around. At least we'll get to see the other top Sm4sh players have a shot at winning grand finals this time.

I'm wanting ESAM to win!

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
ZeRo deserves to take a break after winning EVO 2015; the largest Smash tournament of all time, without even losing a single game. He'll feel rejuvenated by the time BH5 rolls around. That said, it stinks that ESAM won't have another shot at him until, once again, BH5 rolls around. At least we'll get to see the other top Sm4sh players have a shot at winning grand finals this time.

I'm wanting ESAM to win!
I agree. ZeRo is basically the Juggernaut of Smash; he's unstoppable!

If I were him, I'd take a break too. Competitive gaming is a lot more stressful and time-consuming than most people think.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Are Esam and Mr. R going to be there? If so, they have a much higher chance of winning then Nairo. Esam practically wrecked Nairo, and so did Mr. R (not at SSC, but at evo and another canadian tournament nobody cares about)

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Zero, you are amazing. No problem man, health comes first always. And Nairo, it's your chance lol. But becarefull, Esam, Mr. R and Dabuz are great too!

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Completely understandable. Hope he's in top shape for Big House 5.

Now's your time Nairo. Hopefully he goes with Robin :b:

Last edited:

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
And here I was thinking this is the first time he'll lose his plot armor, but nope.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I am more than happy with this news. ZeRo could use a break, so it's good for him, but it's also gonna spice up the entertainment factor for Paragon.

Very curious who shall win it now. Best of luck to ZeRo though, I understand why he had to drop and I'm actually impressed he made that choice, so good for him. He could use that break time.

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
Even the best needs a break. Smash is fun but you do need to think wisely if you want to win and you just cannot if you are stressed. That being said, ZeRo looks like a straight dork with those glasses and that scarf. Is he serious about wearing that scarf everywhere he goes...

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Well, all those tournaments he's won didn't come out of no practice...it's understandable he'd be burned out. Hopefully after the break he gets to compete whilst keeping his health in check, he's basically the face of competitive Smash 4 at this point so I wouldn't wanna see him go or take another break ._.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Finally now all the commentators will stop saying "oh this guy is good but he's gonna get ***** by zero"

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Oh yay now it's actually worth watching since no one knows who will win now.

tetrix

Smash Rookie
Poor ZeRo well someone will take over and win the tournament for him...

Top Bottom