• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Zero Suit Samus- Quick Question, Quick Answer Thread

Karandejka

Smash Rookie
I noticed that ZSS' up-air is able to hit certain character while they are standing on the grounded. Would it be viable to use up-air as a mid percent Out of shield option or is it strictly better to stick to boost kick?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
the awkward thing about doing aerials out of shield for ZSS is that if you still have the shield button pressed you're going to zair (hate it so much).
Also the number of characters you can hit on a rising up air are very few, mostly at a really close/point blank range.

It's something worth experimenting with, as up air oos can suddenly net you something we'd otherwise be struggling to get (SHFF Uair off the ground is an optimal auto cancel too).

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I'm in need of some serious help and advice. I'm not sure where to ask, so re-direct me if needed.

Lately, I have been playing extremely poor with ZSS. Everything I've been doing with the character has been off; my neutral game, my combos, my actual spacing, and most annoying, my ability to finish stocks. I'm losing MU's that theoretically I should be doing pretty well in, and it's just making it really upsetting for me when I play as her. I keep telling myself "no, you'll crack it again next game", and it doesn't happen, and it legitimately makes me very upset to the point where I think to myself "I'd be better off just dropping her", but I really don't want it to come to that; I've invested a huge amount of time into her, and I just have a genuine love for Samus as a character, so I really want to use her.

I've decided that it might be best to go straight back to basics, and re-learn the character the best I can from scratch. As such, I am looking for some good advice to get me started again.

I'll likely think of more things to ask later down the line, but right now, if anybody can provide some answers to these questions, It'd really make my day.

• What exactly is the optimal way to play ZSS? (Aggressive? Defensive? Spacing focused? Combinations?)
  • How should I be playing in neutral? (What is my goal in neutral? What am I looking for? What are my best tools for playing it?)
  • What are the best/safest ways to rack up damage/start a combo? (and perhaps what moves on hit can convert into a combo for me?)
  • Do I have moves I can "space" with? If so, what are the best ones and how should I be using them?
  • What are the best KO options I should be using? (What moves are the safest - if at all? Are there any confirms that can net me a KO?)
  • Is there an optimal control scheme I would benefit from using? (right now, I use attack stick, mainly because of Marth benefiting a huge deal from it, for example)
  • Are there any moves I should limit using?
  • What are my best moves? (this and the question above may have already been answered above, not sure)
  • What are the best ways to practice as ZSS? (what should I be practising most?)
  • Are there any other cool things that I would benefit from knowing about her?
  • And finally, are there also any helpful guides/examples you could point me in the direction of?
I'm sorry for the big list of questions, but I really feel confused at this moment in time and need some clarification if I am to improve (which believe me, I REALLY want to).

Please, if anyone can lend a fellow player a hand, just answer what you can.

Thanks in advance!

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Hello ZSS boards!
I picked up ZSS and have been dabbling with her, so I'm not too experienced. However, I feel like I don't have a good grasp on Flip Kick's mechanics. I'm practicing on Donkey Kong in training mode and struggle to gimp with Flip Kick. Even with 80ish%, when I have DK off the ledge and land Flip Kick, I get a weak hit that barely works. I'm not hitting A or B after activating down+B. Can someone please explain the move to me? As in, how do I get the strong spike with the move, what parts along the arc of the move can I land the strong spike, and will doing the actual kick (A or B) spike as well or launch the foe diagonal upwards? I'm really interested in how quick I've seen ZSS gimp me in FG with this move, as well as Luhtie gimping Zero at insanely low %s at Civil War

Top Bottom