• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus: Official Character Discussion

Ulevo

Smash Master
Discussion for Zero Suit Samus. Anyone can suggest anything for any of these topics, and it'll be noted. Popular suggestions/values will be marked as such. Final values will be determined by popularity, so voice your opinion!

Suggested Offensive Modifications:

Suggested Defensive Modifications:

Default Physics:
SH:
FH:
FF:
DGrav:
Grav:

Physics Changes:

Specific Move Fixes:

Anything else:

Ulevo

Smash Master
1824C640 is the current adjustment I am running for ZSS on the gravity modifier. This helps her immensely, as she is able to approach effectively with disjointed Nairs or Uairs now without being vulnerable in the air. I highly recommend this. Try it if none of you already have.

The only other adjustments I can think would be needed for ZSS is a strong scale knock back for FSmash to make it useful, and to fix ZSS DSmash stun. Other than that, she's solid. And is an awesome addition to the CSS. :)

Foxy

Smash Master
After playing some ZSS, I have the following input:

-Her up-b seems too hard to hit with the spike hitbox now, probably because of the hitlag changes? I was comboing dthrow-uair-uair-up b and I rarely was able to get the spike and pull them back down, even if it was a generous hit.
-Her fair could probably use a change, it seems like it should be made more reliable to land the second hit. Perhaps we could lower the knockback of the first hit or change it to pull inwards?
-Fastfalling and canceling lag upon landing for her Plasma Gun would be a godsend - it isn't too great right now, simply far too slow and using it during a jump for mobility doesn't help with its weakness much either.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
ZSS feels quite good in her current state, but there are curiosities that I have input for.

-The problem with fair is that it has KBG on the first hit. Setting that to 0 will make it lead into the 2nd kick reliably, as long you have forward momentum.

-More paralysis on the Plasma Gun is appreciated. I don't know what caused the paralysis to last shorter in B+, but the gun is nigh useless now because you have much less, if any, advantage when it connects in either power level.

-Fsmash could stand to not be useless. IASA, more power, etc. would be easy fixes.

-Her nair can be attacked through by other aerials and is incapable of trades. Is there a way to make it trade in the air?

The Cape

Smash Master
ZSS dair 4x after hitbox starts
180D8066 40800000

Make the move not completely useless.

ZSS dair
Hitbox out:frame 14
Hitbox ends: frame 48 or so
Move ends: frame 71

Old data, multiply all values by 4x (after the initial 14) to see what it would be with this code.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Ok. After working in PSA for a couple days I think I have just about all of the last 5 posts covered.

Dsmash: I found out that BKB is the primary determinant for stun time, so I added some while trying to keep and appropriate ammount of KBG in to keep the launch velocity of the move functioning relatively the same. Here's the change.

• Changelist: KBG 20 from 50, BKB 75 from 40.

Fair: Was already adjusted, and was included in the pac.

Side B: I made adjustments for the 3 small hitboxes so they are strung out more evenly across the length of the whip. Didn't have to change anything else about them. I only had to move hitboxes 2 and 3. I'll include the big hit here as well.

• Changlist: Hitbox 2 - X offset 18 from 14; Hitbox 3 - X offset 27 from 19; Hitbox 4 - Damage 13 from 16, KBG

Up B: TheCape made a series of changes for the move to help it link together just a little better. I only included the 4 projectile hits, as the first only seems to hit when ZSS is standing, and is pretty unimportant anyway.

Code:
64043250 0305A001
04006403 005A0000
FFFFFFFF 3F800000

64054650 0310E001
05464B03 010E0000
FFFFFFFF 3F800000

64036400 0305A001
03006403 005A0000
FFFFFFFF 3F800000

6406283C 0310E001
06283C03 010E0000
FFFFFFFF 3FA00000
  • Changlist: Hitbox 2 - KBG 0 from 50, BKB 100 from 64; Hitbox 3 - BKB 75 from 80; Hitbox 4 - KBG 0 ffrom 100, BKB 100 from 0; Hitbox 5 - 1.25x size.

This brings us to dair. With PSA, I could easily make this move a regular dair, which I would personally be in favor of. I dislike stall then falls with a passion. But trying to be objective with game balance, I suppose I could understand people being against such a radical change. But I'd definitely want to see if the move could be made useful, and I think this would be a good way to do it. Thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Last but not least: could we maybe change her short hop value from 2 to 3? It'd make sh double uairs a lot easier than frame perfect without really changing very much. I've had it on for a while now by mistake, it'd be nice to use.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd rather keep her high SH just how it is, TBH. SH Bairs are in a nice spot right now for tall characters like ROB out of shield and SH double uair is just possible enough.

I'd also suggest retuning the frame speed changes made on ZSS's grabs. Besides the dash grab being exempt, I suspect the frame speed are cutting into the grab frames, which is typically not a good thing.

Standing grab: grabs frames 16-29, total animation: 84
Pivot grab: same data
Dash grab: same data

One example:
181D0034 3FCCCCCC
181D0036 3FCCCCCC
181D0038 3FCCCCCC

After frame 29, 1.6x speed. Reduces total animation to 64 frames.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Ryoko, did you ever consider changing the absolute **** that is ZSS's uair?

It's like...

a really cool character sometimes.

I mean Samus can transform to ZSS and ZSS can transform to Uair?

Plz let PT do the triple transformation kthx.

No seriously...didn't you say that move was...VERY good?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Ryoko, after some quick but intensive testing, the height diffference between 2 and 3 is almost negligible. I can still sh bair rob in the face, and it allows easier uair uair, and buffered uair bair. It's win-win, I think.

I can work on the grabs, we just need to decide which grabs we want to do what. I have been really enjoying the pivot grab cooldown improvement, it works well for the move. I think the dashgrab startup change could be nice, and extending the duration of standing grab would help it in defensive situations. Let me know what you think.

If anybody's interested in my first attempt at a dair change, http://www.mediafire.com/?ztkzomy3004

The Cape

Smash Master
IMO:

Pivot grab should come out a bit faster and winddown a bit faster
Dash grab should have a longer duration of grab frames
Standing grab should winddown the fastest.

This gives her multiple options with her grabs depending on which one she uses.

Top Bottom