• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Zero Suit Samus Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
NOTES:
Attacks that have stretchy parts (ZSS doesn't really have many/if any) may not be 100%
The green boxes on uptilt are which bones are intangible.
I don't have info on hurtbox locations and sizes, so I can't display them.

There are chances my little program has bugs and could have messed up any one of these.
Let me know if any look really off and I'll check.
ZSS has several disjointed (attached to base node) attacks, so I'm pretty confident with these being correct.

Yes, the model is missing her mouth.

There's a little display glitch here on DTILT.
Just imagine the little parts poking out aren't there.

Another little visual glitch. Imagine that cylinder is connecting the two circles ;_; (Extended hitboxes and whatnot...)

Zair, grabs, and throws may come later.
Their data is separate (with the whip), so I can't get display them right now, but maybe later.

Thank you

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
This is incredible, thank you.

In the spoiler tags for uair, you have a gif of Diddy's uair btw. I look forward to seeing the whole set for Diddy's moves :)

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
This is incredible.

I'm surprised at how big up tilt, neutral aerial and Flip Kick are. I knew they were disjointed, but not to that extent...

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
OHHHH. THIS IS LIKE FRAME DATA CHRISTMAS! Thank you so much!

I'm gong to grab freeze frames of these, over lay them on her neutral stance and study how to space better!

I'll hedge a guess to say that grab is shorter than the animation. Zair I'm not so sure. But those will come during... Frame data new years!

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Wow, this is great! I just decided a few days ago I wanted to look more in depth into ZSS, this just makes understanding her moves that much easier.

What other characters will you be working on next? Could I suggest Marth? I'm interested to see his hitboxes after the buffs he got in the latest patch...

Regardless, fantastic job! We needed somebody like you posting this data for a while now. You are a saint.

Last edited:

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Flip Kick's hitbox is active for so long it's alsmost ridiculous. It seems like her original sex-kick isn't really gone.

I've actually hit people with it, even when i pressed the button for almost a brief second before.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
wow, this is posted the DAY I decided to pick her back up. This is amazing!!!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Flip Kick's hitbox is active for so long it's alsmost ridiculous. It seems like her original sex-kick isn't really gone.

I've actually hit people with it, even when i pressed the button for almost a brief second before.
Input Flip Kick has 6 active frames; no input has 1.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hopefully not a huge re-work required, but I think if you reduced the frame rate of hitbox active frames that would really help me (and likely others) in visualization.
That and/or a single freeze frame of their main hitbox placement as an aside on top of the animations?

Either way, fantastic work.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
This is really amazing. This is one of the fun parts of looking at data tbh.

Is there any chance of you doing this for other characters...say...Zelda? :3 They would be really nice to include in my data thread

*shot*

Edit: Oh pardon me! I see after a little more sleuthing you already have made more! Did I see one for WFT? Awesome!

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Most surprising take-aways here for me are that dSmash really goes lower than I thought and uSmash doesn't go as high or wide as the whip shows. Interesting.

Asdfchris

Smash Rookie
Didn't know uair transformed you into diddy
edit:
I didn't scroll down and closed the spoiler instead. Still, there's a diddy in there xD

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
OHHHH. THIS IS LIKE FRAME DATA CHRISTMAS! Thank you so much!

I'm gong to grab freeze frames of these, over lay them on her neutral stance and study how to space better!

I'll hedge a guess to say that grab is shorter than the animation. Zair I'm not so sure. But those will come during... Frame data new years!
I know right I've been waiting for something like this for so long to bad I rarely play or visit the forums anymore ; (

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
Ryu main here =D! I have a few questions regarding ZSS's grab. How long is the grab active? Where are the hit boxes of the grab? If I spot dodge it or bait it, can I run forward or will I still get grabbed? I really look forward to the diagram of her grab. Well done by the way!

Finally, what is your advice on how to play against ZSS's neutral? From the ZSS's I've played it revolves around paralyzer to bait an option, grab to cover shields and landing, side B for spacing and down B for projectiles.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
GIFY VERSIONS - Enjoy that freeze frame goodness. All the real credit, of course, goes to Furil Furil !

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
This is great--thanks! Also, what's up with the random Diddy thrown in there with the Uair? Lol.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Is this for the current patch, or 1.1.4? (Asking because Nair got its hitbox moved down 2 units or something in 1.1.5)

Thanks!

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Is this for the current patch, or 1.1.4? (Asking because Nair got its hitbox moved down 2 units or something in 1.1.5)

Thanks!
I edited the gify version post and added the 1.1.5 nair. She parsed that one out for the 1.1.5 patch notes thread. So, credit as always to Furil Furil

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Furil Furil , why is Diddy's Uair with ZSS's too? I didn't know ZSS could change into Diddy to have access to 2 Uairs. :p

Edit: Didn't see Pazx's post saying that already, however, isn't ZSS's landing Dair missing?

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Hey all! It looks like another visual hitbox researcher has cracked the code on lighting up articles! They said that only throwable items remain at this time. LettuceUdon, their handle on twitter, was kind enough to answer my request to see ZSS' grab and paralyzer (with added zair to boot!). The result is below:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey all! It looks like another visual hitbox researcher has cracked the code on lighting up articles! They said that only throwable items remain at this time. LettuceUdon, their handle on twitter, was kind enough to answer my request to see ZSS' grab and paralyzer (with added zair to boot!). The result is below:

Any idea how to do edit moves to do this? I'd love to have hitbox visuals to practice with.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Any idea how to do edit moves to do this? I'd love to have hitbox visuals to practice with.
Apparently some sort of mod for it is going up in a week. ZSS may out may not be in their first batch of characters, but it's happening!

Top Bottom