• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus DSmash Chain

WiiGi

Smash Rookie
Alright, I've tested this in training mode, starting from 0%
2 Dsmashes + Fair = 39%
2 Dsmashes + 2 Dsmashes + Fair = 61%
2 Dsmashes + 2 Dsmashes + 2 Dsmashes + Fair = 83%
2 Dsmashes + 2 Dsmashes + 2 Dsmashes + 2 Dsmashes + Fair = 105%
Anymore than that, you're just getting greedy.

First kick from Fair (Forward air) takes 6%, followed by the second kick taking 11% which is 17% total
A Dsmash would be 11% each, so racking up damage is easy with her.
Now, I'm going to list the characters depending on the maximum amount that you can start a chain with a set of 2 Dsmashes. The * means you have to time it correctly as possible if you want to get greedy and have no regrets on taking more %, but being hard since your opponent struggles to attack and get out, so I would just do that extra 17% instead of taking that * risk.

Once = Peach, Jigglypuff
Twice = Snake, Mario, Luigi*, Diddy, DK*, Yoshi, Zelda, Toon Link*, Samus, Pit, Ice climbers, R.O.B., Kirby*, Olimar, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario.
Thrice = Wario, Link, Ganondorf, Meta knight, Dedede, Pikachu*, Squirtle, Marth, Ness, Game and Watch, Sonic*, Zero suit samus.
Fource(?) = Bowser*, Shiek*, Fox, Falco*, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ike*, Lucas

Also, a note, when zero suit samus gets spiked/meteor smashed by anyone, she has 11 animation frames, meaning, she can jump right away ignoring it, the same goes for Ivysaur. Wolf on the other hand has 37 animation frames, which sucks, he will most likely die before he can even jump. Just wanted to throw that out there for you zero suit users. It might not be the best quality, but heres a few combos and tricks I picked up with zero suit [Click here to open a new window to a youtube video]. Hope you enjoyed this!

Life

Smash Hero
ZSS forums thataway--->

Training mode doesn't stale things, so your percents are inflated compared to what actually goes on.

Fox and Wolf can be zero-death'd from dsmash chain to side-B, depending on where they are on the stage. Other fastfallers can jump out after a certain percent.

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this in the ZSS board that gets more specific.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't think Wofl gets 0-deathed, his dsmash lock ends at around 80, I'm pretty sure. And I think he gets out at around 60 if he DIs properly.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah that first combo was pretty cool. Though you still have to hope that they miss the tech from the bthrow. Though I'm pretty sure you could just dsmash (instead of dtilt) after that last ftilt, cause you've already forced a get-up.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Actually, fair does 17%. Dash attack --> utilt does 18%.

So it depends on whether or not you can actually land the dash attack correctly.

Top Bottom