• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo:"KKR fans, I think you guys are gonna have a good time with this..."

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
https://youtu.be/JDfgaBMMAC4

Feels like he's high tier at worst, loves the hell out of all of his tools.

I like where this is going. Our boy is showing so much promise it makes me feel bad for the other heavyweights...

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
It's nice to get a better look at King K. Rool's moves, like down air and forward tilt, and it does look like he has pretty good frame data all around. With that said, ZeRo's analysis does go into theorycrafting teritory a lot in my opinion. I feel like it's really hard to judge how good King K. Rool is based on only this gameplay video alone. Hopefully he's playable at future events like PAX West so that players can gain a solid opinion on his moveset and playstyle. Until then, this analysis is a good start to get discussion on his gameplay going, but it's not enough to seriously determine King K. Rool's overall viability. Just my two cents.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Still too early to tell where he'll end up on the tier list, but at least his frame data isn't total garbage. K Rool's probably going to end up being combo food against most characters, seeing as he has the biggest hurt box in the game.

If he at least makes it into high-mid tier, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks great, I'll be giving movesets a look over the next couple of months, his aerials, and throws seem affective plus he can combo, with the blunderbuss, and crown? Hard to say where he'll rank but I'll be keeping a close eye. Thanks to ZeRo and everyone else can't wait to see what they say about him once they play him.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
It's really hard to say for sure until we see who this meta caters to. I would imagine that the usual suspects such as ZSS, Bayonetta, FE swordies (Marth and Ike are looking disgustingly good this time around) and other combo-heavy characters will lock him out of high-tier, but it's hard to say for sure due to his potential zoning, super armour priority, amazing pivot grab and quick aerials.

There's too much we don't know yet that will rock King K. Rool's world for the worse if they aren't up to snuff.

- Whether the Blunderbuss' shots can be aimed or not.
- How exactly the Krown works in the most practical of situations... Can Villager Pocket it and essentially lock your move for half the fight? Or the entire fight if he plans the re-spawn just right?
- How much super armour he really has and what kind of priority it gets (beating out Little Mac's moves is very convincing so far)
- How slow Helipak travels, and if it has super armour or not.

The last one in particular could be a major concern. If it travels too slow and does not possess super armour, it could be beaten out by the likes of Mario Fire Balls or other janky moves, and if it does not possess a hit-box near the top, it may very well be the worst recovery in the game. That being said, I am pretty confident that it will possess at least a degree of super armour and/or a hit-box, given how it functions in DKC3.

In summary, King K. Rool has stuff going for him, but he also has a lot of question marks pertaining to his capabilities that could heavily skew his placement for better or for worse.

Overall, I think Mew2King's analysis is also interesting to keep in mind, since he is a bit more of a realist about some of the moves that do appear to be laggy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-rtkKCc4pQ

Whatever the case, I plan to use him regardless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom