• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith: May 28 & 29th, South River NJ TODAY! Axe/Kage/Jman/Hbox/Hax

Status
Not open for further replies.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents

Alex, Crismas here presenting to you that will be one of the most HYPED Melee tournaments of 2011, Zenith! We've been trying to plan something Melee only for a while now and finally got this into motion. Read everything below on the small history behind the Zenith tournaments and all current information on the tournament.

Social Stuff and Email

For all questions please email the account above -OR- contact the main TO's for this tournament on the boards here which will be Alex/Crismas.

Contents

• History
  • Past Tournament Results
  • Prices and Events
  • Schedule
  • Rules
  • Media and Setups
  • Forum Sigs
  • Interest List

History

A short history on the Zenith series dates all the way back to 2006 with Alex and a crew called Killa Fleet. These tournaments started out small at a place in NYC called Web2Zone. KF supported Alex's events as he was just starting out himself as a TO and eventually started the NYC weeklies and ran them together.

But a larger installment called "Zenith" quickly became popular and lasted all the way to 2008. KF and Alex ran these together as well and it attracted a lot of big names (KDJ, PC) and was home to rising stars like Hax, Vanz, Tag, Jman to name some. Big crew competition was fierce during this time as well between KF and Deadly Alliance made for lot's of **** talk but helped spark the scene during this time.

As Zenith's became larger, a crew called TSA came in to help out these events in helping to get more people and running an efficient tournament together with Alex. Zenith's had a reputation for being well run, extremely fun, and a great Melee experience! Web2Zone itself as well as become a central point for training and hanging out (and bubble tea!). Over the course of time though Web2Zone had closed it's doors, but is always remembered:

[Taken from ROM3 this year!]

Alex had decided after the end of the Melee weeklies and with Brawl coming out, to retire the Zenith series. However, throughout time Melee has shown resilence all this time with huge tournament numbers from Pound 4, ROM, Apex, and Genesis all which demonstrate the love and competition people share for this game. Thusly we've decided to bring back the Zenith series and dedicate it solely to Melee as it was before!

Past Tournament Results

Feb 24th, 2007
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97773

July 1st, 2007
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108052

Sept 27-28, 2007
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=118886

Dec 15th, 2007

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121864
(No Results thread??)

We've changed locations! Many thanks to Keitaro for helping us get this venue. Please take note of the below:

Holy Trinity Episcopal Church's Parish Hall
90 Leonardine Ave
South River, NJ 08882

Google Maps: maps.google.com

Venue Pictures:

Thanks to Keitaro for letting me use these pics.

Hotel and Travel

Comfort Suites East Brunswick

555 Old Bridge Tpke
East Brunswick, NJ, 08816

Average nightly rate $140

Days Inn Edison

610 Route 1
Edison, NJ, 08817

Average nightly rate $70

Prices and Events

Venue Fee: $20

Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 [10 per person]
Crews: $25 [per crew 4-5 ppl]

There is NO pre-reg for this tournament, everything will be done at the door.

Rules

Click here for the ruleset.

Schedule

Day 1

11am - 1pm : Check-in / Sign up
1pm - 2pm : Warm-up
2pm - 5pm : Doubles Bracket
5pm - 6pm : Break / Lunch
6pm - 9pm : Singles Pools
9pm - 11pm : Cool - Down / Leave venue / Close Venue / Draft crew ( 10 v 10 ) selection

Day 2

11am - Noon : Check-in / Warm-up
Noon - 1pm : Draft Crews
1pm - 4pm : Singles Bracket
5pm - 6pm : Break / Lunch
7pm - 9pm : Cool - Down / Leave venue / Friendlies.

Media and Setups

We will need set ups from everyone for this event. If you are bringing a full set up you will receive 50% off the venue price! A full set up consists of a TV+Gamecube+Melee. I've made a post in the thread asking who will be bringing what and I'll keep this front post updated from time to time. Set ups are important so please do your best to bring what you can!

We will have a livestream for this event as well as interviews from players (much like Apex). Recording setups are needed as well, we want to make sure this event is recorded and documented well for all.

Forum Sigs

Feel free to use these to promote the tournament in your sig! I'll post up some more as well. Use the following code when adding:

[ URL="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294092"][ IMG ]http://cloti-aikou.net/apex/zenith/images/sigs/zenith_1.jpg[ /IMG ][ /URL ]

NOTE: You'll copy and paste this but make sure to close the brackets between all end tags (like [ and URL and [ and IMG for example). The only other thing you'll need to do is switch out the URL for the design you want. I've provided these below.

http://cloti-aikou.net/apex/zenith/images/sigs/zenith_1.jpg

http://cloti-aikou.net/apex/zenith/images/sigs/zenith_2.jpg

http://cloti-aikou.net/apex/zenith/images/sigs/zenith_3.jpg

Interest/Confirmed List

Those who have expressed interest or are confirmed for the event:

Axe
Eggz
HBox
Blunted_Object10
D1
G$
Alukard
Vanz
Teczero
Diakonos
Unknown
DJ Nintendo
Eggm
MacD
DoH
Brookman
thumbswayup
KevinM
Project
Slox
Riddlebox
Chain-Ace
StriCNYN3
Leek
Renth
UsurperKingZant
Fly Amanita
Wobbles
Lambchops
Deathknight
Shoopman
Smelly Cat
NJzFinest
T. Webb
Ranmaru
July
Nø Ca$h
Metal Reeper
TheIrishMafia
Cyrain
Tope
Lovage
VideoKidHEERO
WhiteMike
a nub
BlackChris
Sneak
metalreflectslime
Bones0
CanISmash
Codi
strawhats
Kite91
phish-it
HazZard
Smashjin
Zachy
CopyCat
Spife
D.Desciple
MM Distortion
Hazygoose
adumbrodeus
Juggleguy
Lefty
animal
Ken M
HMD
smashjin
will
bolt.
Reno
crush
MalcolmM
Banks
jreed
Sol
PiKaLeX
Vist
Mattdotzeb
Keitaro

Total:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Full Set-Ups (TV/GCN/Melee)

1. PiKaLeX
2. Chain-Ace
3. Abate
4. T.Webb
5. Heavy Garbage
6. Keblerelf
7. JCeasar
8. Eggm
9. G$
10. Smelly Cat
11. Sephirothdotcom

GCNs/Wii/Melee

1. Crismas (x2)
2. Alex
3. Mattdotzeb

Recording Set-Ups

1. Chain-Ace (x2)
2. UsurperKingZant (x2)
3. Abate
4. T.Webb

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
there we go sooo goooood

imagine interviews a great stream and a HOTEL IN A VENue

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
AWWEEESOMEE. I'll be sure to try and make this event along with Fl.

Just wanted to mention a few things for anyone who's never been to a tournament ran by Alex Strife.
THIS will probably be one of the best tournaments this year, APEX was amazing and he really understands how to run a tournament properly. Not only that, but the prizes and side events he hosts aren't flukes- This is one of the few TO's i feel actually puts in more effort then most to make his events the best they can me.

I was the lucky winner at APEX 2010 for the HDTV off the raffle. I wasn't even sure if I was really gonna get it. However, I actually did. Every few days throughout WEEKS Alex Strife kept in touch and made sure I received my TV- asking for updates and whatnot. Even when there was addressing issues Alex kept his word and within a month or so I had a brand new HDTV sitting in my dorm. Looks great and I can't thank him and Crismas (who did a number of awesome things like creating stickers and pro-looking name tags) enough for making APEX probably my best smashing experiences to this date.

GET HYPE PEOPLE, THIS ****S GONNA BE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
for those wondering...this is memorial day weekend aka Monday is no school and most people do not work that day. So ya...def no johns!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Quit life for a Zenith being in New Jersey LOL! I'll be at this of course regardless because of the pure sex this tourney is gonna be.

Killer Fleet/SWAT all day!!!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Ya, we couldn't do anything about that one =/ we did think about the venue in Brooklyn but for two day it was better to choose a hotel location that we had used before.

clowsui

Smash Legend
doesn't sliq live in your area now too

though i guess he isn't famous like you three

well actually wait a second

"was it that hard"

Cia

das kwl
Oh My Goddddd!!

those Zenith results!!

that first Zenith was my second tournament.

More importantly, look at those turnouts. Look at all of those people that we don't see anymore.

:c

EAST COAST HOOKERS?!?! that was such a good team name!!!! (idk why i just like it)

anyway.. I'm so pumped from the nostalgia, good chance I'll be here =)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Oh My Goddddd!!

those Zenith results!!

that first Zenith was my second tournament.

More importantly, look at those turnouts. Look at all of those people that we don't see anymore.

:c

EAST COAST HOOKERS?!?! that was such a good team name!!!! (idk why i just like it)

anyway.. I'm so pumped from the nostalgia, good chance I'll be here =)
East Coast Hookers is an amazing name lmaoooo.

And yeah, sad that most of those people quit =/ I loved those days so much.

You should team with Haley for this cause you guys did really well at Zenith's AND were just starting out.

PS: Diakonos I fixed your name in the OP XD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom