• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Position in the New Tier List (Sheik/Zelda as well)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Thoughts on Zelda not making it out of bottom tier? Who's to blame......is it us or ignorance?

Really second worst in the game to you guys or no?

Also, thoughts on combining the two characters on the tier list?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Honestly, it's hard for me to care where Zelda is on the tier list anymore lol

Not gonna root for her to go up on the next one, not gonna ***** if she's magically placed in G tier on the next one.

Loving that there is a Sheik/Zelda now. Seems like lots of people wanted it, and their combination on the tier list was overdue imo.

Aibou

Smash Master
Well even if there was more Zelda rep I don't think she would get much results, so really there's no one to blame. Zelda just isn't good.

In reality I think she could be better than everyone in her current tier, though I guess it doesn't matter. Low Tier is still just Low Tier.

Combining Zelda and Sheik was a good idea imo. It's about time people realized that they both suck on their own.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I chuckled about the Z/S placement because I absolutely crushed the BBR with reasoning in the Sheik thread, "if they read it".

Let me say that I dislike where we are on the list. We can easily be higher but we really don't have much to show sadly. Ganon here we come?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
You guys will ***** about it for a week or two then just go back to talking about random **** in the social thread.

Also lol at Zelda not getting chain grabbed raising Sheik up 2 placements.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Though Ive been joking that I want her below Ganon (which would be epic as hell) I think its kinda ridiculous that Zelda is the second worst. Shes just looks sooooo bad on paper and in theory I realized, and on top of that we have no results, even when we are combined with Sheik our results arent stellar by far. But its just a list w/e im still gonna love using her. In reality the only way we can move is up because I really dont see her below Ganon if we're talking seriously here.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I don't understand why doubles doesn't count when talking about tier position...

I really don't, is the bbr basically saying that doubles is a side event and not part of the main brawl game? Because that's what it feels like. :urg:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I don't understand why doubles doesn't count when talking about tier position...

I really don't, is the bbr basically saying that doubles is a side event and not part of the main brawl game? Because that's what it feels like. :urg:

I think the tier list is a accurate assessment on how each character performs against the rest of the cast in the current metagame.

Doubles doesnt and should not count in a tier list because you could have different characters aiding you. So maybe you do well with a Zelda-Peach team......but a DDD-Zelda team might be a terrible idea.

See where im coming from? Too many factors in doubles for them to count it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Doubles have never counted, lol. It's like low tiers..... you can do well all you want, but regular singles is all that really matters besides the money.

As for Zelda being second worst, I definitely don't agree, but it's no big thing.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think the tier list is a accurate assessment on how each character performs against the rest of the cast in the current metagame.

Doubles doesnt and should not count in a tier list because you could have different characters aiding you. So maybe you do well with a Zelda-Peach team......but a DDD-Zelda team might be a terrible idea.

See where im coming from? Too many factors in doubles for them to count it.
**** you coming at kaylo neck .

Umm I don't think it's an accurate assessment at all. Since it's the player who overcomes the characters weak points. If Zelda had someone like Reflex San X playing her no doubt she'd considered to do better. However, I pretty sure I can safely say that 95% of the Zelda boards could care less. If zelda had the 2nd worst MU's in the game I'd be able to agree with you. However, since there's characters with worse MU's than Zelda that are placed higher than Zelda I can not agree with it. Since MU's more or less tell you how a character will perform against another one.

This is the place where I more or less get the MU list from so take it how you want it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226315

-Mars-

Smash Hero
o yea i totally took a subliminal shot at her.

I've gotten to play X over the years and Sonic is a far better character than Zelda. He basically cant be gimped and as everyone knows he has one of the most unique movesets in the game.....you have to understand the matchup or there is a good chance your going to lose.....no matter what character you are.

Squirtle is one of the best characters in the game.....so yea.

Ike is also underrated.

Point being Zelda is a low tier character whereas those characters that X, San, and Reflex use actually have some viability. I highly doubt anyone could do well with Zelda at an MLG event.....she has too many weaknesses.

Oh and the BBR has stated multiple times that matchups are not the only factor into deciding tier placement.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I really don't, is the bbr basically saying that doubles is a side event and not part of the main brawl game? Because that's what it feels like.
I'm pretty sure everyone considers doubles to be a side event.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
While Doubles performance usually is mentioned, I wouldn't know of anybody who actually puts weight onto Doubles performance when voting for a tier list.

In fact, the tier list is supposed to represent Singles (which is the actual "main game" of Brawl), so adding Doubles performance as factor into the tier list wouldn't make a lot of sense.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
o yea i totally took a subliminal shot at her.

I've gotten to play X over the years and Sonic is a far better character than Zelda. He basically cant be gimped and as everyone knows he has one of the most unique movesets in the game.....you have to understand the matchup or there is a good chance your going to lose.....no matter what character you are.

Squirtle is one of the best characters in the game.....so yea.

Ike is also underrated.

Point being Zelda is a low tier character whereas those characters that X, San, and Reflex use actually have some viability. I highly doubt anyone could do well with Zelda at an MLG event.....she has too many weaknesses.

Oh and the BBR has stated multiple times that matchups are not the only factor into deciding tier placement.
Not being gimpable doesn't ==== good character. I understand his recovery is good. Actually it type surprise me the spots he can recover from. All of those characters are low tier and the players cope with their weakness and overcome them. That is all. Sonic has horrible priority and Ike's recovery is suspect and his best ground move is jab. His moves are slow and easy to see coming. Na I understand that MU's aren't the only thing that matters for tier list other factors that matter are results, MM's, and character potential....

I don't know if Ike is underrated of is San is just extremely good. Also I don't care how unique sonic move set is **** is balls with low priority. He's just sit there spins for 90% of the match and tries to confuse you to make up for his lack or priority. His kill moves all also extremely limited. So once you understand sonic more you can start to avoid the things. If you've never even tried to pick up or learn anything about these characters then you're not going to know what their limitations are what their kill moves are , what they use to space. If you don't know these things then you're going to be lacking. It's not enough to play a top player read some forums post and then claim you know a MU. It's far too easy to not know enough about either character and them claim them to be underrated or underrepresented when in actuality they're just bad characters with extremely good players playing with them.

wut.

I've teamed with DDD, Snake, Pika, and Jiggs in the past six months..... Zelda + DDD isn't all I do. :dizzy:
I was just messing with you cause I know you've teamed with TUSM.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
As for Zelda being second worst, I definitely don't agree, but it's no big thing.
at least you have get a sick pleasure out of winning with her when she's ranked that low.

It's like how I've been playing evelynn recently in League of Legends. She the undisputed worst character in the game, and yet I still manage to win more than I lose with her. It's always fun.

(but, unlike brawl, LoL has patches that come out every 2 weeks to balance things.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Not being gimpable doesn't ==== good character. I understand his recovery is good. Actually it type surprise me the spots he can recover from. All of those characters are low tier and the players cope with their weakness and overcome them. That is all. Sonic has horrible priority and Ike's recovery is suspect and his best ground move is jab. His moves are slow and easy to see coming. Na I understand that MU's aren't the only thing that matters for tier list other factors that matter are results, MM's, and character potential....

I don't know if Ike is underrated of is San is just extremely good. Also I don't care how unique sonic move set is **** is balls with low priority. He's just sit there spins for 90% of the match and tries to confuse you to make up for his lack or priority. His kill moves all also extremely limited. So once you understand sonic more you can start to avoid the things. If you've never even tried to pick up or learn anything about these characters then you're not going to know what their limitations are what their kill moves are , what they use to space. If you don't know these things then you're going to be lacking. It's not enough to play a top player read some forums post and then claim you know a MU. It's far too easy to not know enough about either character and them claim them to be underrated or underrepresented when in actuality they're just bad characters with extremely good players playing with them.

I was just messing with you cause I know you've teamed with TUSM.
Oh people are still on that "Sonic has no priority" argument? This isn't 08' anymore homie.

I know Sonic, believe me it's one of the few matchups I actually bothered to put a lot of time into.....and I still struggle with it. I believe other people may struggle with it as well....just ask DSF, Tyrant, and the whole WC. He's not a low tier character either......he's a solid mid-tier character who has viability.

There has also been enough Sonic tournament results to establish the fact that he is a solid character......not a bad character with just good players playing him.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Oh people are still on that "Sonic has no priority" argument? This isn't 08' anymore homie.

I know Sonic, believe me it's one of the few matchups I actually bothered to put a lot of time into.....and I still struggle with it. I believe other people may struggle with it as well....just ask DSF, Tyrant, and the whole WC. He's not a low tier character either......he's a solid mid-tier character who has viability.

There has also been enough Sonic tournament results to establish the fact that he is a solid character......not a bad character with just good players playing him.
I didn't even play brawl in 08 =/.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
As long as Zelda works as my DDD Counter, it doesn't matter where she is on the list.
(Ganon Vs DDD, ya know >_>)

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I'm sorta dissapointed, I was really expecting her to get @ the top from Low Tier. Jujux ***** with Zelda @ Bushido this summer, winning 1st in Low Tier that should prove something.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Optimism about a bad character is going to get you killed in actual matches.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Too bad its true

Just uh, wondering if you missed that part? And it was about how well some Zeldas are doing, not about the mindset going into a match .___.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
im sad Zelda dropped to 2nd worst. i still think she belongs a bit higher in low tier though.

the new Z/S position was unexpected. but its nice to see Zelda at least recognized as usable in one spot, even if its only for a few matchups or so.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I like Zelda a lot vs. DDD. She's also a great character to use against bad players and noobs whereas Sheik isn't.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I like Zelda a lot vs. DDD. She's also a great character to use against bad players and noobs whereas Sheik isn't.
^ Same with Pika.

It takes so much less work to beat bad players with Zelda than it does with Pika.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Wtf, Eh. I was gonna post that EXACT same thing (minus the link), but then I got too lazy to post. ;;

With the reeeeaaaads tho.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm not all that surprised by the fall, to be honest. She's really hard to win with in today's metagame. Whenever you win with her though, it feels that all of the hard work you put into her really paid off.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Once again that combines Zelda AND Sheik. Zelda alone has either the 3rd or 4th worst results of any character.

Top Bottom