• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Footstooling Potential

Mentor

Smash Cadet
Can anyone comment on zelda's footstooling potential? I spent a weekend practicing it & researching it as a potential combo enhancer, & it appears to be quite effective against certain characters assuming they don't tech/ cancel the footstool. One example is Tink. Starting @ 0%, you can up-smash (or dash->up-smash) into a footstool while they are in hitstun. If they don't tech, you can jazz hands/bair & continue w/ jazz hands or continuously hit w/ 1st hitbox of up-air. I was able to get tink from 0-72% with essentially 1 continuous combo on fd. Btw, footstool + jazz hands + starting hit-box of u-b can all be in 1 combo here.

4tlas

Smash Lord
I would assume its pretty limited, since you have low mobility and few ways to gimp someone as opposed to killing them outright, so they will never be in range of a footstool, and if you are you could probably just dair. But I haven't tried, so that's all theorycraft.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
If they don't tech, you can jazz hands/bair & continue w/ jazz hands or continuously hit w/ 1st hitbox of up-air. I was able to get tink from 0-72% with essentially 1 continuous combo on fd. Btw, footstool + jazz hands + starting hit-box of u-b can all be in 1 combo here.
Jazz hands? Lol. Also, you can't tech a footstool ;)

ZGE

Smash Apprentice
I never footstool with Zelda mainly because she's so floaty. I'll lab it though and see what I can come up with.

Edit: also, CPU Falco just teched my footstool. =\

Edit 2: JK maybe he didn't. Probably just landed first after up smash. But I got up smash up smash footstool jazz hands up smash uair on him (granted, suboptimal/no DI, but it's at least worth noting).

Last edited:

noobftw

Smash Cadet
Crow posted a video on how you can autocancel up air into footstool. But adding footstool into combos is something I guess I can try.
Also footstool into autocancel up air! That's genius! Welp time to try it here and there. Although I use all the buttons so I can't map anything to taunt :( so I guess I'll awkwardly press the taunt button the d-pad.

Top Bottom