• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to read through Chapters 3 and 4 of my University Book and improve on my refreshments idea. Hopefully I can get it all done by this week.

I'll also be catching up on the VGBC Stream today as well. Since Nairo went to compete in the Xanadu for VGBC's 5 year annivesary on Tuesday.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
some annoying kid who only communicates in memes said, without a smidgen of irony, that "Trump is playing four-dimensional chess with the world" and I don't think I've been more vividly embarrassed to be within the vicinity of someone in my entire life

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
some annoying kid who only communicates in memes said, without a smidgen of irony, that "Trump is playing four-dimensional chess with the world" and I don't think I've been more vividly embarrassed to be within the vicinity of someone in my entire life
That's really just showing your age more than anything else, honestly.

You're going to be so much more embarrassed to be within the vicinity of some people come college.

And none of it seems to compare to the embarrassment when you think of how you yourself were a few years previously.

In other news, how was PAX?

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
That's really just showing your age more than anything else, honestly.

You're going to be so much more embarrassed to be within the vicinity of some people come college.
Well, considering that college is when many start becoming politically aware, "college conservatives" are going to become more and more common. Thankfully rich white people don't usually go to community college or hang around gay people. :4pacman: (though I'm planning on going to New England Tech afterwards so that could change)

And none of it seems to compare to the embarrassment when you think of how you yourself were a few years previously.
Oh yeah I know I'm embarrassing already LOL

In other news, how was PAX?
It was really fun!! I got to preview some neat games. Didn't get to play Tekken 7 unfortunately, nor the Switch because those lines were uh, Long, but I did get the Uncharted collection for PS4 and Tekken 6 while I was there. Ended up getting lost when my class was leaving because that building is terribly designed.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Tfw NA is getting the Shiny Tapu Koko theme but not the actual Shiny Tapu Koko

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Tfw NA is getting the Shiny Tapu Koko theme but not the actual Shiny Tapu Koko
I actually remember when Pokemon Channel came out on the Gamecube. The EU and Japanese versions had the ability to give those who had RSE/FRLG a Jirachi. But the US version got the shaft and didn't allow that.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I spent 90 minutes in a no cooldown customs and had some fun with Ana/Pharah/Mccree. I was landing most of my darts on all kinds of targets. Even other Pharahs. But idk how good that will be since everyone was at 300% speed and 500% projectile speed. It was fun making my little daughters salty.

Thanks to the generous gifT of 12 orbs, I had enough to do a full summon. On the last summon, I got:
He's even +speed -res, which is on of the best natures for him

Apparently, all you have to do is complain on the internet and you'll get blessT by the rng goddess
IMO, +ATK/-RES is the best since he is the fastest set of abs with a dagger already. But +SPD/-RES is OK. I like him better than Kagero even if Kagero is pretty cool.

Jaffar is hawt
Kinda ye. He is kinda cute too. Like Saizo without the anger issues. (but only because muscle-ninja is testosterone poisoned)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I was sitting on 82 orbs because of the Japanese quiz thingie. I don't want to summon for the Michalis banner, so whatever, what am I going to do with 80+ orbs until whenever Ike shows up? Hope for an archer I guess. This game...

Screenshot_20170323-115958.png

Sweet! I got Sully and Ninian... Kind of wanted Cordelia or Hinoka instead, but at least they're 2 new blues. F!Corrin had to show up again and I wished Henry or Tharja showed up instead of Fir. Arthur, I can't really blame him since I'm missing a handful of greens. Would have like Camilla, Hector, Minerva, Nino, or Sheena as new greens, but whatever.

Stat-wise...
Second Arthur has high attack and low resistance. Although his low attack is still decent enough unlike other units who get screwed by it, this Arthur hitting harder seems more promising. It just sucks that he'll be another green who's weak to magic. Now, who do I give Lancebreaker to?

Third, second to be summoned F!Corrin has high HP and low resistance. Not really useful. High defense and low resistance sure, but no.

4* Fir has high HP and low attack. And I'm getting Lon'qu and 3* Subaki flashbacks. Fir's attack is low. Now it's even lower and she's slower than Lon'qu and I think Subaki to begin with and only slightly more durable than Lon'qu. One of the units who if they get low attack are seriously screwed. Guess I'll continue to use the high defense and low speed one. Giving someone Killing Edge and Glacies would be good. Problem is that the one unit off the top of my head that could make use of it has low resistance for high attack: 4* Eliwood. Oh, wait, Eirika's resistance is naturally high too. Should I give her Killing Edge is the question...

Ninian has high HP and low attack. Great... Well, I guess you're purely a support unit just like in Blazing Sword. At least you can defend yourself now. Dear Naga, why... She's going to end up with 34 attack! At least she looks adorable.

Sully has high defense and low resistance. Literally the reverse of first Cain and 5* Raven. At least she didn't end up with low attack like fellow Sapphire Lance user, 3* Subaki or 2/5's of this summon. I can live with it since Jagen's the resistance tank and I don't have Abel as a physical cavalry. Knowing my luck, I'd end up with a high resistance, low defense Abel which would put me back at square one.

Basically, second Arthur and Sully are the most useful. Ninian too, but having low attack makes Ninian a support unit rather than a support unit who can help out in combat.

Also, this is the 14th summon without an archer. Virion being the only summoned archer makes me want to not count him which would mean a 0% rate of archers. What. The. Hell.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
IMO, +ATK/-RES is the best since he is the fastest set of abs with a dagger already. But +SPD/-RES is OK. I li
+SPD actually lets him naturally double units like Marth and Lucina, but he won't be able to kill them. It's a trade-off, really

Also, are there any skills in particular I should have him inherit? I have a throwaway Reinhardt, so I'm thinking of giving him Vantage 3

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also, are there any skills in particular I should have him inherit? I have a throwaway Reinhardt, so I'm thinking of giving him Vantage 3
Do you have a spare Saizo, particularly a 4* one? Matthew can work too. You could give Jaffar Poison Strike 3 or 2 if you're using Matthew. That's a guaranteed 14 to 17 damage after combat. With a dancer, you could do a total of 28 to 34 damage or drop 2 units down by 14 to 17 HP. It would make Jaffar a powerful support unit. I think I saw this idea on Serenes Forest.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I decided to take up a small project and create my own custom amiibo cards so that I wouldn't have to pay $20 and go through stock issues just for Wolf Link, ended up adding in a couple more for fun. This is my "amiibo black magic", and is how I managed to get the unreleased items in BotW. To fully create each card, it's only $1.50 for the amiibo NFC tag and front/back cards, which means five amiibo ends up coming out at $7.50 instead of $100.

PSX_20170323_114058.jpg

PSX_20170323_113902.jpg

PSX_20170323_114131.jpg

The amiibo logo on the backside of the cards carries individually programmed NFC tags that mimic the same functionality put in the figurine bases, so they're all functional in-game similar to the Animal Crossing amiibo cards and the Shadow Mewtwo pack-in with Pokkén Tournament.

Bonus Pics + BotW Digital Cards

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Do you have a spare Saizo, particularly a 4* one? Matthew can work too. You could give Jaffar Poison Strike 3 or 2 if you're using Matthew. That's a guaranteed 14 to 17 damage after combat. With a dancer, you could do a total of 28 to 34 damage or drop 2 units down by 14 to 17 HP. It would make Jaffar a powerful support unit. I think I saw this idea on Serenes Forest.
I actually did have a spare 4* Saizou with a bad nature, so that worked out perfectly. Thanks for the idea<3

I don't think Jaffar needs any more skills, so he's probably all set now

Last edited:

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
I can tell you for sure that the gameplay and Lunatic mode in Fates is definitely more balanced than Awakening's.
Indeed. I lost interest in trying lunatic+ on awakening when I found out almost every enemy has counter from the get-go.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
When I first heard Twitch Plays Pokemon finished Pokemon Red, I went searching around the internet for videos of important moments, but the best I could settle for was Jwittz's Top 10 TPP moments. Until today.
It's awesome to see Twitch chat so determined to accomplish one goal, given the reputation in the Smash community.
Later on, I found Pokemon Crystal's battle against Red.
That was unbelievable. So goddamn close. That was the Mang0 vs Leffen (G4) of Pokemon battles.
I'm really happy I found these.
One last thing. EODM07 EODM07

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I actually did have a spare 4* Saizou with a bad nature, so that worked out perfectly. Thanks for the idea<3

I don't think Jaffar needs any more skills, so he's probably all set now
No problem, but I bet there some other super duper powerful options for Jaffar that others are cooking up.

He's probably fine as is, but if you ever amass a lot of SP and don't know what to do, you could give him an assist skill like a rally or one of the movement skills. Reposition and a knight like Effie or Hector could make give him a shield against all melee units while helping them move around.

Anyway, I just learned yesterday that Effie has the highest attack in the game. Without any weapons equipped, she has 40 attack. The second is Cherche at 38 who is followed by Sanaki at 37 and Hector at 36. That's insane. Giving her a Brave Lance+ would mean she'd have 48 attack while always being able to double if she attacks and still doing a ton of damage during enemy turns. Her low speed is mitigated by Wary Fighter. Oh, and she naturally has Death Blow, so there's that too. If you could get a high attack Effie, giving her a base attack of 43, then holy crap, with a Brave Lance+, she'd have 51 attack. High speed can help, but it drops her down to 20 speed with a Brave Lance. Anyway, add in Death Blow and a special and she'd destroy everything.

That reminds me, weren't Brave weapons usually the weapons people wanted everyone to have in Awakening? I remember seeing a lot of gameplay where if a unit was a physical attacker, they almost always had Brave weapons. Welp... I guess it continues.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
That reminds me, weren't Brave weapons usually the weapons people wanted everyone to have in Awakening? I remember seeing a lot of gameplay where if a unit was a physical attacker, they almost always had Brave weapons. Welp... I guess it continues.
this was because up until the end of awakening brave weapons hit twice regardless of who initiates. Now in Fates and Heroes they only hit twice if you are initiating and they also give stat nerfs

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i got my jaffar to level 40, but he still needs like 700 sp to get the rest of his skills cricricri

i also got priscilla to level 40 while training up jaffar

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Finished Episode 3 of Dual Destinies. I'm not really sure why this game gets so much hate, I think most of it comes from Episodes 4 and 5, but so far I've really been enjoying the game.
Literally the first second Means showed up on the screen, I knew he was the killer. I didn't even know who died yet or what happened, but he was way too creepy to trust. It became even more obvious with his "end justifies the means" preaching. But then at the end of the 2nd day of observation where the game really tried to pin it on Hugh I was a bit confused. Because like with the last case, the game wanted to shove "L'BELLE DID IT" down your throat, but that was also because he was shown in the cutsene beforehand, and the game tried to accuse Hugh way more than it did to L'Belle to the point that I thought it did that on purpose to distract you from Means. With the cutscene beforehand though, I also thought that the friend trio at least witnessed the murder since they were all standing around the body, but I guess not.

Also Robin being a girl was something I didn't expect tbh

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
this was because up until the end of awakening brave weapons hit twice regardless of who initiates. Now in Fates and Heroes they only hit twice if you are initiating and they also give stat nerfs
Yeah, there's that, but I feel like because you can get Brave or any weapons really and grind out units so freely that it just became a thing. With Heroes, it seems that Brave weapons are becoming a focus, especially for units with really high base attack or can get high base attack easily like Hana. Offensive strategies would be killer with them since if any of those units manage to initiate attack, then you are taking massive, massive damage. That said, defensive strategies and builds are being created like I've seen a work in progress for Cherche with a Brave Axe+ and one with a Silver Axe+. Why did the only Cherche I summoned had to have low attack...

On a different note, apparently I missed some enemies in Bravely Second. Got those completed in the bestiary. Catmancer is all right... The boys look classy if you ignore the cat hood while the girls look stupid. First class that is proficient in axes and knuckles, so that's a plus. Also, Summoner is stupidly powerful with Spellcraft and Good Measure from what I've read, but I don't have that skill itself yet -- Magnolia's the closest to getting it. Hresvelgr being this weird jet crow with green lights is hilarious. Transformers: more than meets the eye! Agnès's Ba'al Busting Avengers, roll out!

And something that is unfortunate since it apparently lead to one of the developers of KoF XIV being pissed is that the fourth DLC character was leaked.

I'm not sure by who, but I think the leak was by a pro player the developers picked to play test the new characters.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oops already got what I wanted, time to save until the next less-sucky banner
Screenshot_2017-03-24-00-08-12.png

+Atk -Spd. Would've been not as bad if -Spd for him wasn't one of the random stats to be affected by 4 at max level instead of the usual 3. But he has 50 attack that acts as a pseudo 54 attack since Durandal does +4 attack if he initiates soooooo idk. I was planning on only using him in a Horse Emblem team anyways so he should gain ~+8 spd from Goad(?) Cavalry, and 34 is a speed I can live a bit better with.
Also I still demand to know why you can get Lyn and Hector as 5 stars naturally but not Eliwood, IS this is worse than you having Ike on the title screen of the app but not in the game pls fix (the Ike thing is prob worse but how about you just fix both :^))

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I managed to catch up on ProtonJon's previous Fortune Cookie stream. A friend of his picked a crappy movie tie in game for the Wii called Beastly. It won by a landslide and ProtonJon managed to beat it in under 90 minutes (He even glitched the game and got sent to the Shadow Realm for it. :V)

Any of you going to be checking out Civil War today by the way?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Well I'm upset
I tried muscling my way through the Michalis with my normal units, cause even though I have Eliwood, Selena, and Gordin, Selena and Eliwood were 4 stars and Gordin was a measly 3 star, and they were ****in torturous to level up. But I couldn't do anything with my normal units, so I decided to try summoning at least once for the battle Michalis focus and
Got a 4 star Clarine, 3 Star Draug and Donnel, and...
3 Star Selena and 4 Star Gordin. Lol. If that isn't a kick in the face
So that just makes me mad and I decide to suck it up and summon again, I can always get more orbs, not like I wanted to spend 45 for units I already have haha :^)
I had to ditch one cause it gave me 3 reds and 2 blues, the red I picked gave me another Hana kill me
Anyways next summon got this:

5 Star Gordin...yay...cause taking out the Pegasi are totally my problem, not the fact that I keep getting doubled up on and there's no way to get the enemy to move without getting hit first :'^)
And two ****ing Hinatas agdjdkfleenndi
So now I've gone from 46 orbs to 1 orb
I hate this game
There goes my motivation to get a 4 Star Michalis

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I got 3* Michalis and that was awful enough in itself

Dancers are really helpful for these boss battle things so you can take out 2-3 units in a single turn (it also allows you to kill and get out, if need be)

I'm not even going to try to get 4* Michalis

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Dancers are really helpful for these boss battle things so you can take out 2-3 units in a single turn (it also allows you to kill and get out, if need be)

My only dancer is the 2 Star Olivia from the special maps
Cause the game only ever likes to give me Sully, Henry, Hinata, or Hana :')

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My only dancer is the 2 Star Olivia from the special maps
Cause the game only ever likes to give me Sully, Henry, Hinata, or Hana :')
Olivia isn't that bad. She's definitely not great, but she's usable.

I have a 4* Olivia that I use because the game refuses to give me Ninian or Aqua.

It's okay, gorl, because I have a billion Raighs, Clarines, and Adult Tikis. We'll get good units eventually

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I guess it all depends on the units you have. I managed to beat Lunatic Michalis with a team of 5* Marth, Camilla, Klein and 4* Effie. Skill inheritance also helps as well. Earlier I murdered my 3* Barst to give Camilla Reposition so it would be easier to push Effie around due to her 1 Mov.

At least it was loads easier than Lunatic Ursula. (That one was just straight bull****)

Antonykun Antonykun keep those Hinatas, he's pretty valuable for SI because he's the only unit who has access to Fury 3 at 4*.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

yo gimmer your unit list and i'll try to come up with a winning startegy for you

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
yo gimmer your unit list and i'll try to come up with a winning startegy for you
my only level 40 units are 5* jaffar and 5* priscilla

as for usable units, i have level 38 5* tharja, level 37 5* reinhardt, level 36 5* m!robin, level 37 5* nowi, level 35 5* young tiki, level 33 4* olivia, and level 32 5* camilla

the only skill inheritance i've done is giving poison strike to jaffar

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Michalis is such an ass. Poking him leads to threats and his arrogant level up quotes... "Don't push me!", is hilarious, though, and Burgundy Burgundy 's Marth showed up the moment he talked trash about him. Such a ****. Tanky Wyvern Rider... among my two other tanky Wyvern Riders Beruka and Cherche... I really need Camilla as a speedy one and man, I wished I could have gotten Narcian.

Anyway, 3* Michalis was a cinch. Was over-leveled for that, so there's that. Subaki basically did everything while Selena killed Michalis with her piddly damage and Frederick killed the lance infantry. Arthur was there to help with Swap. Two units with Swap and one with Reposition made it really easy to move units around.

4* Michalis on the other hand...
Yeah, level 36 Subaki can't survive and my only other flyers near level 40 are Palla whose defense probably won't be enough against Michalis or the other flyers and Catria who can't get to the sword flyer behind Michalis or the sword cavalier without getting dragged back and killed by the lance flyer and Michalis -- that's how Subaki died. I don't have any level 35+ or any 4* axe flyers. F!Robin is useless against the lance infantry since she's too slow to double him which also means Merric is useless. Because of the terrain, Tiki and many of my units can't do jack. I was banking on Tiki being the Michalis killer because of his low resistance.

I don't think approaching the right side is doable without having Effie there tanking everything. I doubt she'll survive against Michalis there and I don't know what I could do to get her out without using much lower level units like Selena and Subaki to move her. Left side would be doable, but I'd need a really tanky axe unit and the only one that comes to mind is 4* Frederick. Problem is he's level 33. Gunter might survive, but he needs to initiate combat with the lance infantry and that means putting him in deep enemy territory. Can't go towards lance flyer since I don't have an axe flyer to be advantaged against her and be neutral against Michalis. Could try power-leveling Cherche.

Anyway, I was checking stats yesterday to see if it would be worth it to give Eirika Glacies from Fir and yeah, her resistance is among the upper echelon. I find it a bit hilarious how she, Caeda, and Selena basically have the same stats, but favor one stat over another. Caeda favors resistance, Eirika is the most-balanced -- I think her HP might be the highest --, and Selena favors defense. Otherwise, similar to same attack and speed where Eirika only edges out because she has Sieglinde. Had I had a Caeda with at least average resistance, then she would definitely benefit from having Glacies or Iceberg.

That leads to checking whose defense ranks from the highest to the lowest. I think Gwendolyn's at the top with 38 defense? which makes sense. Following are Oboro and Subaki at 35 defense, Effie at 33, and Ephraim and Selena at 32. Missing some that I can't remember. Low defense Oboro would have 32 defense... Cress! Cress! , doesn't your high speed Oboro have low defense? I think it might have been better if she got Ignis from a spare M!Robin or Bonfire from a spare adult Tiki. Ephraim having either works too.

On another note, Moonbow or Reprisal and Killing weapons are stupid. 2 cooldown offensive specials reduced to 1.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
my only level 40 units are 5* jaffar and 5* priscilla

as for usable units, i have level 38 5* tharja, level 37 5* reinhardt, level 36 5* m!robin, level 37 5* nowi, level 35 5* young tiki, level 33 4* olivia, and level 32 5* camilla

the only skill inheritance i've done is giving poison strike to jaffar
That's actually pretty good pool of characters to choose from, tbh.

I don't have a Reinhardt to check, but he can probably deal with the red units. Tharja w/ Olivia can definitely curbstomp Michalis. Then I guess it's just a matter of "Can a 5* Camilla tank a blue lancer?".

Then it's just a matter of positioning because the AI is weeeeiirrdd on this map.

Top Bottom