• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Sis, you tryin' to incite mass spam posts to hit 100 pages asap? It's just pointless enough to work! Let's see if our lazy gorls can help.
inb4 50% of these aren't even gorls here anymore and I was typing these between 3 tabs/posts so idk which got saved and who was missed oops

Nammy12 Nammy12
McKnightlíght McKnightlíght
Y2Kay Y2Kay
@Burgundy
@Katy Parry
@S.F.L.R_9
Lavani Lavani
@Koiba
KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
@Kirby Dragons
@Alacion
Rickster Rickster
@Alacion
@JigglyZelda003
@Jaguar360
@Suicidal_Donuts
@StoicPhantom
@Aussie1024
@Gay Ginger
@Codebox
TTTTTsd TTTTTsd
@evmaxy54
@Berserker.
@Brinzy
@Eremitaviola
@Rion
Luminario Luminario
@~The Koopa King~
@meleebrawler
@DNeon
@~ Valkyrie ~
@Jimbo Jumbo
@Mad Duck
@Freelance Spy
@Arwon
@Fernosaur
@HotSummer
@BJN39
@Fuujin

And I guess Cress! Cress! Ffamran Ffamran EODM07 EODM07 Lorde Lorde Buddhahobo Buddhahobo even tho you 5 gorls R•A•R•E•L•Y post :secretkpop:

OK so now that's out of the way...
I guess we can compile and discuss...
Zelda combo/useful Zelda stuff for once?

View attachment 247534

jk maybe let's just post our favorite videos/pictures or something idk??? Like the Zelda's Truth $#%#post video I will never regret posting.
The Zelda Social 1 day from now:

Also: 99C45EB9-B3BD-4A99-A415-7031AFCA0DB8.jpeg

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Sup gorls, I always lose track of the thread but I’m still around.

I’m still in college, still play Greninja. I also like to bully ZeroTwoOne, if y’all know him lol

:150:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
btw there really needs to be an organized SmUsh fight for us gorls.

This is beautiful art, sis.

Oh hey I got tagged. Yes I'm alive, yes I'm doing well, yes video games are great.

Play Melty Blood
Only if the game features a garbo character with SS+ Tier aesthetics.

Sup gorls, I always lose track of the thread but I’m still around.

I’m still in college, still play Greninja. I also like to bully ZeroTwoOne, if y’all know him lol

:150:
How's college going?

Also who is 021? Tag them to add to the spam add to the post. :^)

tbh I need more people to fight to enjoy playing SmUsh. Elite is just toooooo boring.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
That is a shame, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully the game will go on sale soon, so then you can go and pick it up yourself.
I'll look around for Black Friday sales, but the download doesn't take up too much space I guess, so I could make room for it if needed. Honestly half of this is just making up excuses to not get it yet because I have a lot of important classes this term and I know if I get it, it'll distract me. Only like 3 weeks left though!

Anyways Elizabeth's astral can be blocked, smh my head at this nonfunctional low tier.
Sis, you tryin' to incite mass spam posts to hit 100 pages asap? It's just pointless enough to work! Let's see if our lazy gorls can help.
inb4 50% of these aren't even gorls here anymore and I was typing these between 3 tabs/posts so idk which got saved and who was missed oops

Nammy12 Nammy12
McKnightlíght McKnightlíght
Y2Kay Y2Kay
@Burgundy
@Katy Parry
@S.F.L.R_9
Lavani Lavani
@Koiba
KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
@Kirby Dragons
@Alacion
Rickster Rickster
@Alacion
@JigglyZelda003
@Jaguar360
@Suicidal_Donuts
@StoicPhantom
@Aussie1024
@Gay Ginger
@Codebox
TTTTTsd TTTTTsd
@evmaxy54
@Berserker.
@Brinzy
@Eremitaviola
@Rion
Luminario Luminario
@~The Koopa King~
@meleebrawler
@DNeon
@~ Valkyrie ~
@Jimbo Jumbo
@Mad Duck
@Freelance Spy
@Arwon
@Fernosaur
@HotSummer
@BJN39
@Fuujin

And I guess Cress! Cress! Ffamran Ffamran EODM07 EODM07 Lorde Lorde Buddhahobo Buddhahobo even tho you 5 gorls R•A•R•E•L•Y post :secretkpop:

OK so now that's out of the way...
I guess we can compile and discuss...
Zelda combo/useful Zelda stuff for once?

View attachment 247534

jk maybe let's just post our favorite videos/pictures or something idk??? Like the Zelda's Truth $#%#post video I will never regret posting.
u forgot the most important gorl, secretkpop secretkpop

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
First important thing to share:

Cress! Cress!

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin

So the DLC is now out for eShop and PSN in the US. However, I have to wait till Monday for the DLC to arrive for myself, rip me.

But so far, there's been a lot of research on Blitztank, holy cow. His Corner stuff has already been mastered and cleaned up, but his Midscreen stuff is still being looked at, one person found a Corner-to-Corner combo with him though, which got me excited.

BC>2A>5BB>214A/B>5BB>214C>214A/B>5BB>236C>5BB>236C>66.

I also found out that some existing interactions got updated to remove any form of awkward silence between the two, one of them as an example is Tager and Waldstein's.

Original Dialog:
Tager: Unknown enemy approaching... How do we want to handle this?
*Awkward silence*
Waldstein: The only way I know how, with POWER!

Updated Dialog:
Tager: Unknown enemy approaching... Let's see... How do we want to handle this, Waldstein?
Waldstein: The only way I know how, with POWER!

Also, I might be thinking of dropping Gordeau for Akatsuki now. I had a bit of a think about it when I was going to sleep last night, I still think Gordeau is a really fun character and Ian Sinclair does an amazing job voicing him, but Gordeau has issues fighting against him like god damn, JUST BUFF HIM MORI! Plus, I've been using Gordeau for almost 18 Months.

I'll look around for Black Friday sales, but the download doesn't take up too much space I guess, so I could make room for it if needed. Honestly half of this is just making up excuses to not get it yet because I have a lot of important classes this term and I know if I get it, it'll distract me. Only like 3 weeks left though!

Anyways Elizabeth's astral can be blocked, smh my head at this nonfunctional low tier.
NO ONE CAN STOP THE LEGENDARY B TATSU.

1574415380451.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oh, right, something to note for Overwatch - as if any of the gorls even play that anymore.

They are nerfing shields across the board, but boosting the shield users' speed while moving with their shield up. Or in Orisa's case, while she's firing her gun. They also boosted the availability or power of off-tank type defenses. Essentially they're trying to make Tanks play fast and excitingly instead of "stand still and come to me!" Apparently a Zelda-like playstyle is super boring and non-viable in the long run, amirite? :^)

That's a solid contribution to any thread or discussion, sis. :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'll say this, I think the best version of Terry was in Capcom vs. SNK 2. You could tell how great the build up and delivery is on his lines, audio is crisp, clear and loud. I even think Zangief in CvS2 is the best voice wise. Maybe it's because of the Finest KO shenanigans.
Terry's debut voice in Fatal Fury, though. When Power Wave was "Powaaah waaay!", Burn Knuckle inexplicably had an echo, and Crack Shoot was "DAAAAH!" :p

SoulCalibur VI is getting a huge update for season two. Aside from the changes to reversal edge, they added around seven new moves per character if I recall correctly from glancing through the patch notes released during this week and it doesn't include a universal addition for everyone: Soul Attacks. That's wild when you consider how difficult it is to balance any game. Even if you consider some moves to be inconsequential like they're just combo filler or literally move list filler, they're still new moves and you have to animate them, give them whatever damage, properties, hitboxes, size their hitboxes; and check to make sure there aren't any weird interactions among other things probably. The game's been in development for however long, but it's only been out for a year and a month as SCVI was released on October 19, 2018.

Here's SCVI's patch notes if anyone is interested: https://media-center.bandainamcoent.eu/games/soulcalibur6/sc6_battle-adjustment200.pdf.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Watched the Episode 2 Story from 2.0 on YouTube.

God damn, some of these are quite hilarious. Might as well post my favourites. :V

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, watching others play 2.0 makes me want Enkidu to make it in more, I've already listed what I predict his moveset would be, however... TIME TO BRING OUT THE OLD PREDICATION INTERACTION STUFF!

Intro #1:
"This is one fight I shall not lose."

Intro #2:
"Show me the ways that you fight."

Intro #3:
"Let us begin this battle, don't hold back on me!"
Outro #1:
"Thank you for a chance to battle with you."

Outro #2:
"This battle has been decided..."

Outro #3:
"A clean victory against a worthy opponent!"

w/ Partner:
"An impressive feat from you. You have my respect."
Post-Win #1:
"Thank you for allowing me to battle you. I can tell you have great strengths within you too."

Post-Win #2:
"The only reason I managed to defeat you was you bare emotions that hinder your fighting capabilities. Remove those before challenging me again."

Post-Win #3:
"I usually don't do well with social gatherings like this... But it was an honor to meet with you."
w/Tager:
Intro:
Tager: "Shall we stick to the plan, Enkidu?"
Enkidu: "If it gives me the chance to enjoy this fight, then so be it!"

Outro:
Tager: "All went according to plan. Great work."
Enkidu: "Hmm... Perhaps they're not the strongest I'm after."

Post-Win:
Tager: "You appear to have an overwhelming power dwelling inside of you, I may be prying into something personal. But is it safe to have such an ability to lay dormant inside of you?"
Enkidu: "These shackles of mine make sure to keep my powers at bay, and behave as limiters. If you wish to research on them, then perhaps a fight should be prepared."

w/Nu-13:
Intro:
Nu-13: "Target has been identified. Commencing eradication."
Enkidu: "Then this should be an interesting fight."

Outro:
Nu-13: "Target has been neutralized. Resuming search for Ragna."
Enkidu: "Do come fight me again when you can."

Post-Win:
Nu-13: "Raaaagnaaa... Where are you Ragna...? Nu wants to find you Ragna..."
Enkidu: "You're relying too much on these emotions of lust for this "Ragna" you are after. However, perhaps this "Ragna" she is after may be a strong opponent..."

w/Hazama:
Intro:
Enkidu: "This battle I hope will be a great one!"
Hazama: "Well, aren't you full of energy! You go have fun."

Outro:
Enkidu: "*sigh* You weren't the right opponent I was after, but I thank you for the battle."
Hazama: "Oh dear... Am I spoiling the mood?"

Post-Win:
Hazama: "Ohoho! I can feel some dangerous energy coming from you. I'd love to see it in action."
Enkidu: "This power of mine, Maelstrom is not to be taken lightly. I'd advise you heed my words, unless you want to battle me next?"

w/Azrael:
Intro:
Azrael: "Ohh, I can feel a lot of power coming from you..."
Enkidu: "I can feel the same coming from you too, Azrael."

Outro:
Enkidu: "You could be a worthy opponent after all, now come at me!"
Azrael: "Ohhh yes! I'm ready to commence the feast!"

Post-Win:
Azrael: "This is going to be one hell of a meal! Give me all you got!"
Enkidu: "Very well, I will not hold back! Let's fight!"
w/Chie:
Intro:
Chie: "Lemme show you a bit of my kung fu! ACHO!"
Enkidu: "This should be a interesting sight to see."

Outro:
Chie: "Hahaha! How was my kung fu for you, Enkidu-san?"
Enkidu: "Huh... Very basic, to say the least."

Post-Win:
Chie: "Man, I'm starving after that! Hey, wanna go grab some beef bowls from Aiya? They make some gooood stuff!"
Enkidu: "I'd be happy to go, however if its crowded I must decline. I don't do well with social gatherings..."

w/Akihiko:
Intro:
Akihiko: "How about after this, we have some sparring matches?"
Enkidu: "I'd be happy to take on your offer."

Outro:
Akihiko: "The gong has struck."
Enkidu: "And you lost the fight with grace."

Post-Win:
Akihiko: "I can tell you have great respect for your opponents, with that said. I'm ready to spar with you anytime, anywhere."
Enkidu: "You are definitely a worthy opponent and ally! Very well, let's fight until our muscles bleed!"

w/Teddie:
Intro:
Teddie: "Get ready for the majesty that is, Teddie!"
Enkidu: "What an odd creature."

Outro:
Enkidu: "You're such an unorthodox bear, but I don't think I could class you as on though."
Teddie: "Hey! I AM a bear!"

Post-Win:
Teddie: "Hmph! You probably don't understand the elegance that is of Teddie, well fear not! I shall teach you the beauty of myself. *sparkle*"
Enkidu: "Yeah, no... It's like watching a Clown walking into a funeral."
w/Waldstein:
Intro:
Wald: "Fellow warrior! Let us test our mettle in this battle!"
Enkidu: "Agreed! Hope they can take this seriously too!"

Outro:
Wald: "Pah! Such weaklings, they were no might for us at all!"
Enkidu: "Relax, they did their best."

Post-Win:
Enkidu: "If you're after a real opponent, then I'm here! Don't disappoint me!"
Wald: "Gahahaha! Very well then warrior! I'll show you the essence of my power as we have our duel!"

w/Gordeau:
Intro:
Enkidu: "Maybe you should act your age and stand back, Gordeau?"
Gordeau: "Ah, c'mon! Lemme have some fun too, no need for you to hog all of it."

Outro:
Gordeau: "That was quite a harvest, guess I got too greedy."
Enkidu: "It's fine, as long as they fought with their resolve, it's all that matters."

Post-Win:
Enkidu: "That was quite an enjoyable team up we had Gordeau, age hasn't slowed you down one bit."
Gordeau: "Aww, relax with the jokes. Even I know when I have to take a step back."
w/Neo:
Intro:
Enkidu: "..."
Neo: "......"

Outro:
Enkidu: "..."

Post-Win:
Enkidu: "(This has to be the most awkward silence I've ever had with someone...)"
w/Akatsuki:
Intro:
Enkidu: "My Malestrom shall bring the darkness to this fight!"
Akatsuki: "And my Blitz Motor shall electrify the battlefield, charge!"

Outro:
Akatsuki: "Perhaps I went too hard on them."
Enkidu: "Either way, it was an excellent battle. Thank you."

Post-Win:
Enkidu: "Your Blitz Motor is quite an amazing feat to see. Perhaps we could do battle next?"
Akatsuki: "I'd be happy to, but... using the Blitz Motor makes me incredibly hungry, I'm afraid we have to save our battle for another time until I get some nutrition."

1574593534200.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Being on the Overwatch forums has made me really appreciate the Smash community. SmUsh has bigger gaps in fairness than Overwatch. Yet, we are not as vocal and whiny about how other characters "rule" over the meta. Then in OW we get~ NERF DIS 1 CHAR BCUZ I SUX VS THEM!!! I SUX AS MY PERFECTLY VIABLE CHARACTER SO THEY NEED TO BE BUFFED!!! IDC THAT THE DATA ON THEIR MOVES/HITBOXES/HURTBOXES MAKES SENSE AND ARE ACTUALLY FAIR, THEY MUST BE NERFED/BUFFED ANYWAY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Meanwhile in SmUsh we have characters like Pikachu, ZSS, Wario, Snake, Palutena, Joker... And then pitiful things that should've been fixed ages ago like Bowser Jr, Kirby, Zelda, Isabelle, Pit, Mac, Bayonetta, and all the other low tier/mid-low tiers. Like, characters who are actually extremely safe/consistent vs characters who are so polarized/niche/etc that their existence makes no sense in the context of this game. So if you screeched about the unfairness, at least you'd have solid numbers/things to back it up that's not "WOW I DIED ONCE, SO THEY ARE BROKEN!!!" or "WOW THE CHAR HAS 55% WIN RATE INSTEAD OF 50% THEY MUST BE OP!!!"

Also a friend asked if Zelda mains are salty because Terry is the only character to get a different backwards Smash, while Zelda can't even get a different Bair/Fair attack to use. :^)

:^)

We have more things to be salty about, but thnx for the concern. :^)))))

Like how every other blond character is stealing viable changes/buffs/moves meant for Zelda and applying it to their kits instead. Obviously it's because the other blonds are more muscular/stronger so they can easily steal Zelda's lunch money buffs and throw her in the dumpster afterwards. Yes. Even Peach is more muscular than Zelda. Zelda never stood a chance.

#DecadeChallengeView attachment 247800
This 100 page goal isn't going to be so easy, is it?
It's over before it started. Just like the hope we had when we thought Zelda would be properly viable before SmUsh. :secretkpop:

Please peacefully surrender yourself and this visual/audible weapon to your local police station within the next 24 hours.

I forgot to respond to this. It just reminds me about how sad I am that Teddy isn't in SmUsh. Teddy is the sweetest boi ever, unlike Joker, who isn't as sweet/cute/wonderful AND JOKER IS TOTALLY A CRIMINAL. Sakurai is trying to make all the younger SmUsh players into criminals, confirmed. If Teddy were in Smash, he'd basically be as sparkly as Zelda but he'd actually be inside his "suit of armor" instead of briefly and lamely summoning it. So a viable Zelda who is also a better waifu than Zelda, ofc. :^)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wow Aigis is a low tier, this really is Persona 3! :secretkpop:
Okay so I finished watching The Answer yesterday and Aigis is actually really sweet so I take this back.

...Or I was GOING to until she SHOT A DOG, KOROMARU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING AND YOU'RE REALLY GOING TO USE YOUR FULL ARTILLERY TO HURT HIM?? BOTTOM TIER, GET OUT.
Probably an unpopular opinion but I think I liked The Answer's story more than The Journey's. The Journey was really bland for the first few months, but once it picked up it felt like it was trying to focus on a few too many different points at once and a few too many things were left with no explanation at the end. The Answer did a really good job at continuing the plot and explaining things better, and it did a great job and enforcing the main game's themes.
...And Yukari's actions made sense, I know for sure that that's unpopular. (Also if BBTAG gets more DLC and she gets added, I wanna play her. I feel like she would have a good chance at being the next Persona character, so it's more of a question of if more DLC is even happening in the first place)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I forgot to respond to this. It just reminds me about how sad I am that Teddy isn't in SmUsh. Teddy is the sweetest boi ever, unlike Joker, who isn't as sweet/cute/wonderful AND JOKER IS TOTALLY A CRIMINAL. Sakurai is trying to make all the younger SmUsh players into criminals, confirmed. If Teddy were in Smash, he'd basically be as sparkly as Zelda but he'd actually be inside his "suit of armor" instead of briefly and lamely summoning it. So a viable Zelda who is also a better waifu than Zelda, ofc. :^)
I was expecting a comment on Carmine wanting to stab Teddie because of how he's annoying him. :V

At least he's being a good boy to Labrys and Yu Narukami.

Also, speaking of which. I now got the 9 DLC Characters, and I've ended up choosing three of them for now.

Akatsuki - He's a very beginner friendly character and does good damage for some simple combos. But if there's meter involved... OHHHH BOY! He can reach 10k with 5 Bars of meter, but when he's in Resonance that is when he's able to crap out A TON OF DAMAGE. I've seen someone get over 14k with him solo in Resonance. Also, did I mention Akatsuki is very fun?

Tohru Adachi - One that I think a lot will gravitate to, but damn is he fun as hell to use and play, same with Akatsuki. I have gotten use to some of his shenanigans, and he has a lot of great tools to do almost anything: He can be a zoner, a disruptor, a combo monster, has great damage, and so on. I honestly think Adachi is one of the most customisable characters in this game, he can play any role really well. In fact, Bojack who plays BBTAG at a Top Level provided me with an Astral Combo route to try out with Adachi. Oh, and the fact he has P4AU's Instakill Theme is great.

Also, Adachi has the best Astral in the game. Don't @ me. If Kokonoe was in BBTAG, then I'd have a hard choice to make... Because she does this in the main Blazblue games. :V

Celica=A=Mercury - Another one I'm very excited into trying out, I'll need to lab out some stuff with her and see what I can do with her when teamed with Adachi and Akatsuki. But I did find a 7.9k combo with her midscreen which is :nifty: and I'll try and find some more.

Blitztank - Blitztank unfortunately feels a bit awkward to me to use, however I'll give him a few more shots on and off to see what I can do with him.

But so far, I'll be running the following teams now: Akatsuki/Adachi, Celica/Akatsuki and Celica/Adachi. Since I feel like these characters are going to be the most fun out of the new DLC pack and the cast. Goodbye Gordeau, I'll still avenge you for what they did to you.

Now onto some irl stuff. I got my 2nd assignment to do for my Art History course. Has to be in around the 16th of January, 2020. So I got Christmas to get that stuff done.

1574761651898.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So! Celica's VA and Invader Zim's VA play a married couple in Helluva Boss (nsfw language rip purity) and I'm 100% here for this type of content. It's been #1 on Trending for a little bit now, so ofc, everyone else is here for that type of content too. Basically the way I see it "2 wholesome but murderous people born in Hell have to deal with 2 other vulgar and murderous sinners to make a living; one clingy and one aloof. btw they murder people to make money. OK yay wholesome but vulgar fun for the whole family!!!"

Just like Hazbin Hotel it has the S+ tier voice actors/acting, but obviously won't have a story. So yay for light-viewing. Here's to hoping it gets picked up. The Grim Adventures were my fav cartoon and this looks like it'll be the darker/cruder version of that.

im helping

my friend bred me a perfect wimpod and axew
If you didn't nickname that Wimpod "Guzma" then you're required to go to jail asap.

I am still waiting until like a good babby boi to get Pokemon. So that means I'll finally get it when the bugs are worked out and also when people are soooooo totally over the game. Hooray.

I was expecting a comment on Carmine wanting to stab Teddie because of how he's annoying him. :V
He's obviously not serious. Because stabbing Teddsterboi is illegal. It's legal to stab anyone else tho. :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition is coming to the Switch on February 20th, 2020: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...special_edition_announced_for_nintendo_switch.

So, are you motivated for some portable devil slaying action? I'm curious if they will port DMC4 to the Switch. It's a curious thing because with PC ports of the older MT Framework games, they could hit really high frame rates. Around +120 FPS on hardware at the time. The Switch would probably be able to get a stable 60 FPS undocked with DMC4.

SoulCalibur VI's season two update went live early morning on Monday and I tried it out because of course that was more important than sleeping. Seong Mi-Na's new moves are interesting, but then I had a brain fart with one of her old moves, the pogo stab attack, where I didn't read it properly and thought it was B+K, K, K. So, vertical attack+kick, kick, and kick. I have no idea why I thought it was kick instead of vertical attack since she freaking stabs the ground with her halberd -- I don't remember the Korean name of it. So, a lot of mashing, figuring out time, and confusion occurred before I went back to check her move list and realized that I'm an idiot.

Today was interesting, my laptop suddenly crashed when I plugged it to charge while on campus. Nothing bad happened as it restarted and it worked fine after that, but it freaked me out. This stupid thing has caused me so much trouble and dying right before the semester ends would only add to that. I was not about to buy another $200 some replacement battery for the damn thing. Hey, it's almost Black Friday and I stopped a bit to check if there were any decent deals on laptops.

Speaking of Black Friday or near Black Friday sales, I'm glad I held back on buying Tekken 7 after seeing it go on sale several times and now Steam has it for $11.99 for the base edition and $26.99 for the Ultimate Edition with season passes one and two and Eliza because they couldn't package her in with a season pass for whatever reason. The base edition isn't that much lower since it was on sale for $12.99 once and was usually $14.99, but the Ultimate Edition was at the lowest, $38.99. Yeah, I jumped on that. Time to suffer when I eventually get to the point of learning Korean backdashing or maybe learning a Mishima. Watch the stupid thing go down further on Black Friday or during the holiday sales. Oh well. I think it's around the price that it would have been if it was on the Humble Bundle and after buying the DLC on sale. The first two season passes on sale right now total to $27.48 and Eliza herself is $2.49, so $29.97. Sure, there's some characters I might end up not wanting to play much and Tekken bowling is thing, but it's still all right.

Also, for weird sales, the Steam controller is $5 plus shipping. It costs more to ship the stupid thing and with its accessories which are $1 to $2. I'm tempted since I don't really have a gamepad for PC games, but it's a weird controller compared to getting an Xbox One controller or using the DualShock 3. Part of the reason I don't want to use the DualShock 3 is out of laziness since you have to resync it every time with the PS3. The greatest thing Sony could ever do is make the DualShock 5 support XInput. Sure, they're trying to sell stuff for their products, but if people want to use a DualShock for PC games and you support that, then there's more money right there.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I got my results back from my first assignment. I got a 52/100, so I'm content with that. As long as it's above 50%, I'm happy.

Also, Cress! Cress! . LOOK AT HOW STYLISH LIZ IS! LIKE HOLY CRAP.

And speaking of which, I'll plan on uploading a bunch of combos I found and concepts as well for Celica, Akatsuki and Adachi.

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition is coming to the Switch on February 20th, 2020: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...special_edition_announced_for_nintendo_switch.

So, are you motivated for some portable devil slaying action? I'm curious if they will port DMC4 to the Switch. It's a curious thing because with PC ports of the older MT Framework games, they could hit really high frame rates. Around +120 FPS on hardware at the time. The Switch would probably be able to get a stable 60 FPS undocked with DMC4.
I've never played DMC3 before, but I do know that many say that is the best one in the series, so hey ho. Only games I've played that had Dante in were Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Project X Zone 1 and 2.

1574851269081.png

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've never played DMC3 before, but I do know that many say that is the best one in the series, so hey ho.
It is the sequel to the mess that Devil May Cry 2 was and I'm not saying that to simply bash DMC2. DMC2 is flawed and had a very curious if questionable development history that it's a miracle that it was released as it was. DMC1 is the initial pitch and was released in 2001, so what it has is barebones to awkward compared to later DMC titles including DMC2 and definitely when compared to recent hack 'n' slash games. DMC3 builds on DMC1 and DMC2, especially with the concepts DMC2 introduced, but didn't implement as well -- probably due to time constraints as a result of its development history. So, things like Dante's Styles, specifically his Trickster and Gunslinger style, on-the-fly weapon switching assigned to the shoulder buttons instead of R3, and its control scheme can be traced back to DMC2. So, yeah, DMC3 is good because it is arguably the most refined and was the peak of DMC and hack 'n' slash gameplay.

Only games I've played that had Dante in were Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Project X Zone 1 and 2.
Dante from the Devil May Cry series has been featured in several games. :p

As for FEH, so much for Altina. Neither summoning sessions had red.
3* Lachesis: +Spd, -HP.
4* Libra: +Res, -Spd.
3* Lissa: +Spd, -Def.
4* Setsuna: +Res, -Atk.
4* Sheena: +Atk, -HP.
4* Boey: +Res, -Atk.
4* Gaius: +HP, -Spd.
3* Jeorge: +Def, -Spd.
3* Oboro: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Saizo: +HP, -Atk.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
...I'm upset that it took me this long to realize that Cadence of Hyrule added achievements. I guess they were added all the way back in August.... oops.

I'm really glad though! The game is great but I felt like there was just something small missing, and I think achievements are just what it needed. I don't plan on getting all of them because I can already tell that one of them is going to be to beat the game with Yves and pls no (I haven't actually looked up a list of all of them yet, I want to see how many I can get on my own naturally first).
Also, Cress! Cress! . LOOK AT HOW STYLISH LIZ IS! LIKE HOLY CRAP.

Mmmmmmm good stuff. :secretkpop:
Are there any good videos of people using her in actual games yet? All I've seen are people that throw out Maziodyne a few times then die soon after.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Mmmmmmm good stuff. :secretkpop:
Are there any good videos of people using her in actual games yet? All I've seen are people that throw out Maziodyne a few times then die soon after.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/514275400?t=02h55m08s

You asked for some Elizabeth play, here you go. :yeahboi:

Also, I've uploaded a bunch of stuff involving Adachi, Akatsuki and Celica onto YT. I'll try and lab out Celica some more, since I do think I can do far better with her then what I'm usually doing with her.

Adachi Combo Playlist

Celica Combo Playlist

Akatsuki Combo Playlist

Now onto Uni stuff, I've been reading through what I have to do this week with my TA, and so far. I'll be watching a video of a Art History Museum and discuss their budget. Then I'll be checking at the activities I have to do.

1574941642801.png

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Got baited by the DC banner to go for Nailah (whom I got, along with Sumia), so I figured I'd only summon a few circles on Altina's banner. I ended pulling Sothis (new unit; +res -def), Yarne (+spd -atk), and L!Tiki (+atk -res) all right next to each other in my first circle, followed shortly by B!Fjorm (new unit; +def -HP) and Altina (+HP -res)! I was already planning on saving all of next month's orbs for Naga since I only have one copy, but now I can use Naga+Altina instead. Altina's atk boost is nice because I mostly use Niles as my carry unit in Astra, so hopefully this will help remedy his bad atk. I'm interested to see how much better this makes him. B!Fjorm is ofc an amazing summon, and I'm very happy to have her even with the HP bane.

I basically only post about FEH in here nowadays lol. I haven't played Smash since Joker's release, but I've been kinda wanting to get back into it so maybe I will.

Correct me if my guess is wrong, but it seems like you want to make Ross a tank and one who could abuse Firesweep Axe with Null C-Disrupt. In that case, I think holding Lull Atk/Spd for someone else might be a better idea.
Super late reply, but I decided against that build since someone like Echidna or S!Innes runs the Firesweep Axe better and I don't want to waste the only copy I have. I already gave Ross Slaying Axe+, so I may just run something like DC/Wrath or Special Spiral on him instead.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/514275400?t=02h55m08s

You asked for some Elizabeth play, here you go. :yeahboi:
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for, thanks! I watched over an hour of that, all of those matches were exciting. Guess I should try looking more on Twitch than on Youtube.
Also the Hyde/Ragna player using a Guitar Hero controller was the only winner in my view from the aesthetics alone.
Edit: Finished watching it and wow Guitar Hero dude won. Kinda makes me want to stick to Hyde/Ragna in the full game... The buffs sounded great in the patch but seeing them used like that, wowie.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
A song about KWEENDOM??? Neat. Lyrics are OK, but the sound of everything together sounds great.

Got baited by the DC banner to go for Nailah (whom I got, along with Sumia), so I figured I'd only summon a few circles on Altina's banner. I ended pulling Sothis (new unit; +res -def), Yarne (+spd -atk), and L!Tiki (+atk -res) all right next to each other in my first circle, followed shortly by B!Fjorm (new unit; +def -HP) and Altina (+HP -res)! I was already planning on saving all of next month's orbs for Naga since I only have one copy, but now I can use Naga+Altina instead. Altina's atk boost is nice because I mostly use Niles as my carry unit in Astra, so hopefully this will help remedy his bad atk. I'm interested to see how much better this makes him. B!Fjorm is ofc an amazing summon, and I'm very happy to have her even with the HP bane.
Gratz on the B!Fjorm. Having her has been a great help in the disgustingly lame Aether Raids. I finally got my first Yarne, but only after spending 75 orbs on the new banner. 8% summoning rate for sure. :^)))

It's OK tho because Yarne is such a good and sweet boi. His nature is -hp/+atk so I can work with that regardless. He's a pretty great green cavalry unit, even if he's very hard to merge due to his 5* status.

Anywaym how 'bout that flying version of Reinhardt named Altina? tbh red units will never be a threat unless they have the offensive prowess of Swordhardt AND the defensive capacity of Sigurd. Like. They need both. Otherwise they're just a tickler that takes Reinhardt 2 turns to kill or something that dies ez to Reinhardt. So ya. Get on it, IS. kthnx

EDIT: oh ya, we got the 4 refines set for next week. Arthur, Sword WAH, Mathilda, and Clive. So that'll be fun. I'm super excited for Arthur's refine. Maybe one of my green husbandos will actually be super great instead of just OK. :^)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Super late reply, but I decided against that build since someone like Echidna or S!Innes runs the Firesweep Axe better and I don't want to waste the only copy I have. I already gave Ross Slaying Axe+, so I may just run something like DC/Wrath or Special Spiral on him instead.
Echidna's stats are good as are Ross's, but that's not saying much when we don't get a lot of axe units and when we do, they're usually Hector armors. Anna's still the fastest axe unit without any speed boosting skills while other unit types have broken past 38 base speed. That's not to say we don't have fast axe units and ones who can use Firesweep Axe well. If only summer Innes was a regular unit, though, or we had a new axe flier in the summoning pool who is fast.

As for Ross with a Slaying Axe+. Someone on Serene's Forest posted an image of Ross holding Berserk Armads from the weapon shop in Aether Resort. That led to some comments about how Berserk Armads is still one of if not possibly the best weapons in the game. Ross with Berserk Armads would be pretty dumb since he'd be able to run Distant Counter with Null C-Disrupt. Take a hit and explode someone because they cannot prevent him from countering back. Vantage seal would make it even better.

ANYWAY!!! How 'bout that flying version of Reinhardt named Altina?
I think the best and worst part about Altina having Ragnell-Alondite with its Distant Counter and Brave on both phases effect is that it means Keaton and Meisterhardt could be part of a weapon update. The easiest thing they could do for Keaton is give him Vantage 3 for the unique refinement. Paired with Distant Counter and his default Special Spiral or Null C-Disrupt, he becomes even stupider. Reinhardt has Adept, Charge, Pavise, and Vantage in Thracia 776 and his regular self and Meisterschwert self both have Vantage and Meisterhardt has Pavise. Adept and Charge look like they grant follow-up attacks, so, some kind of check that allows him to do a follow-up attack. Probably not that helpful since he should be able to Brave someone to death.

Probably won't happen soon, though. The curious thing is Ragnell-Alondite's stats. It's a personal Brave melee weapon, so it would have had 11 Mt and either Spd-5 or Spd-2 if Altina was a fast unit which she isn't. Ragnell-Alondite having Distant Counter only drops them down to 10 Mt despite being a personal Brave melee weapon. So, Distant Counter equals 1 Mt in this case. Yeah...

For other stuff, I managed to miss every sale on a monitor that I was considering. I was considering picking up a new monitor near or on Black Friday so I could have something with a higher refresh rate than 60 Hz. Finding out my monitor is almost 9-years-old added to that. Using VSync is fine and all, but it's annoying on games with locked framerates that tear because the GPU is rendering? -- not sure if that's the right word -- more frames that the game allows. VSync also apparently introduces some input lag which made me wonder if that's why Tekken 7 felt weird.

So in other games, fighting, hack 'n' slash, or whatever games that have combos, I can input them press by press. Not too slow, but not too fast. I've only started messing around with KoF XIII, but it feels that way too as I'm able to cancel into specials this way. Buffering things probably would make things easier. When I started up Tekken 7 the other day, it threw me off guard with how I had to input things. To get a combo, it felt like I had to strum the inputs or input them before the next move even started or the current move was entering its recovery. It's weird to describe and I have never experienced anything like this before. Not even sure if I can call it buffering when it feels like everything needs to be buffered. I did get used to it, but it's still a little strange. To check, I turned off VSync and I think it didn't change much or that I got so annoyed with the screen tearing that I didn't pay attention enough.

Playing Tekken 7 made me realize I need to work on vertical diagonals and vertical movement much more. Jumping in KoF XIII already made me feel that way, but Tekken 7 being a 3D fighter and with a more 2D kind of input for movement makes this more apparent. In DoA and SoulCalibur, there's a guard button and that's what you have to input first before you can jump or crouch. Tekken doesn't have a guard button; guarding is done like in 2D fighters where you hold back to block highs and mids or down and back for blocking lows. So, sidestepping to my character's left and sometimes right wasn't good. I either jumped or crouched when I meant to sidestep. Another thing is that I can definitely see why people like Korean levers for Tekken. To quickly summarize Korean levers, they use a rubber or latex grommet that gives more tensions the further you push in a direction and have a faster return to neutral than with Japanese levers which use only a spring -- I think Korean levers also have a spring, but combined with a grommet, it feels different. So, double or triple directional inputs would probably be "easier". That said, it doesn't mean someone with a Japanese lever or a gamepad can't do them. Just a different method and practice which I will need a lot of.

Also, Tekken bowling is hella dumb. That's all I have to say about it.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for, thanks! I watched over an hour of that, all of those matches were exciting. Guess I should try looking more on Twitch than on Youtube.
Also the Hyde/Ragna player using a Guitar Hero controller was the only winner in my view from the aesthetics alone.
That's the Anime FGC for ya. They have all kinds of great and wacky stuff, one during CEOtaku was using a crappy PS2 Fight Stick and made it to Top 8 of Dengeki AND he was cosplaying as one of the sisters from The Quintessential Quintuplets.

Edit: Finished watching it and wow Guitar Hero dude won. Kinda makes me want to stick to Hyde/Ragna in the full game... The buffs sounded great in the patch but seeing them used like that, wowie.
It's entirely up to you, you pick whatever characters you feel that would click for you.

Also, I might as well leave this for Buddhahobo Buddhahobo , sure your girl Rise didn't make it in. But I did find this combo with Celica/Adachi in an online match~. Plus, there's much more stuff I found for Adachi as well. :yeahboi:

Also, my Fight Stick arrived yesterday. It's the Hayabusa model that I sought after and it is very nice~.

Fight Stick.png

I do plan on learning how to use my Fight Stick for my fighting games from now on. Also, I made someone upset yesterday because I beat them 2-1, but I never told them I was using my Day 1 Stick. :V

So they assume I'm very bad at the game, lol.

1575107956788.png

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Since Puddin gorl has been posting a few YT animations here lately, I wanna copy.
There's 2 episodes out rn and they come out every Firday so that's nice
After episode 2 I'm starting to really like Giovanni just because he has an abundance of Kaito energy. Super hero/villain complex that adopts an introvert and names them his sidekick. He then encourages the adopted introvert to not give up their talent and motivates them to be more confident in themself and oh no I'm falling for this trap again
Really tho the show is good, pls watch

Also I finished my first post-achievement-patch blind run through Cadence of Hyrule and snagged 9 achievements, pretty good imo. After that I looked up a list and of COURSE beating the game with Yves had to be one of them sooooooooo I'm not going for 100% then.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Amazon gave me 100 dollars for free if I get their Credit Card that I'll never use anyway. So guess what I bought? :^))))))))))))))))

Anyway, I got so much great fodder! And only 2 5*s with both huge packs of orbs. So yay. Luckily one was +spd Yarne. The other was Sothis, who I really needed just so I could have low cost losses for Aether Raid. So there's really no reason for me to save for 8% banners anymore. Especially given how bad 8% really is when compared to 3%/3% or 4%/2% oopsmath?

Insult to injury - I got rid of my Fury fodder and Repo fodder!!! By accident of course. Because I was so blown away by my horrible haul that I wasn't paying attention. I'm not building up anyone so I guess it doesn't matter. I didn't give away my Arthur/Norne copies, thankfully.

btw any of you gorls pumped for Steven Universe: Future? I sure am ready and happy to be emotionally traumatized again!!!

Since Puddin gorl has been posting a few YT animations here lately, I wanna copy.
There's 2 episodes out rn and they come out every Firday so that's nice
After episode 2 I'm starting to really like Giovanni just because he has an abundance of Kaito energy. Super hero/villain complex that adopts an introvert and names them his sidekick. He then encourages the adopted introvert to not give up their talent and motivates them to be more confident in themself and oh no I'm falling for this trap again
Really tho the show is good, pls watch
is it wholesome and will make me cry??? cuz I'm in if yes

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Well. I got BBTAG. Wow I'm a messT. Let's go over each character I tried today from best to worst.
1. Heart This gorl, I understand ha! She doesn't seem too terribly crazy to play, but I feel like she would be able to get more complex later on once I understand the game better so that's nice. What's also nice is having a reliable and easy combo to spam! 5AA > 5BBB > 236BC. This feels cheap to spam but I'm trying to learn the game so knowing some easy way to confirm into a distortion attack helps. She's also the only character I was able to do all of the training room combos for if that means anything (I went back to them a second time afterwards and was able to do them fairly consistently, so that's great).

2. Vatista She was the last character here I tried today but I still get her. Some traps, some close-quarters options, funny quotable lines, she's Wii Fit Trainer (I remembered that this is a website for Smash and I haven't mentioned Smash here in months so there. Also here's the best Wii Fit Trainer video on Twitter) so yh I should be able to vibe with her. Plus she has the best color options imo.

3. Elizabeth The problem I have in every game. The character makes sense to me and I get what they're generally supposed to do, but I can't actually do the actions to pull it off. I have the brainpower but not the fingerpower. Oops.

4. Akihiko Punch stuff? Not sure what to do with him other than "pumnch bad gyuy"

5. Hilda .............what.
She makes sense in YT videos but actually trying to play her, what do I do???? Also I know she's a zoner and they're supposed to suck at close range, but for Hilda, she feels near useless if the enemy gets in on her. If you aren't able to swap her out, she's prob dead even if she started at full health. I can't tell is she genuinely sucks at close range or if the problem is me not knowing how to play her at all (probably both, definitely the latter at least).

I'll try out a few more characters tomorrow, but for now my team seems to be Heart and Vatista which I'm happy with :]
is it wholesome and will make me cry??? cuz I'm in if yes
Wholesome? Definitely. Crying? Probably not yet but again it's just at episode 2, it could later on.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , I've been meaning to bring this up for the B•GAL list, but I kept forgetting: "I'm Every Woman" by Chaka Khan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMOg4xLZDwk.

And here's Whitney Houston's cover of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY_VwPUqcGQ. Starts off slower than the original.

I see there's some Sonic music, so y'know what we need for Zelda? Amy's theme from Sonic Adventure "My Sweet Passion": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hGNAsTz0uU. The intro to the song is so memorable even though it makes me immediately think of Amy and she's a thing... Sonic Boom Amy is cool, though.

Rouge's theme in Sonic Adventure "Fly In The Freedom": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHb6sza5mZs. Rouge's themes are all fire. Here's a swing jazz remix of "I'm A Spy" by Magicmusic06 and ZStyleOfficial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF8Aj7s4Low. I swear there's another good remix of one of Rouge's music, but I couldn't find it. I do remember listening to the swing remix of "I'm A Spy" a while ago.

Holy crap. I remember this song from years ago. I feel old... "Ex's & Oh's" by Elle King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyeT_pAPgwg.

For more stuff down memory lane, has anyone heard "Let It Be" by Blackmill and featuring Veela: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDI6HTR9arA? The video's dated back to 2011. I was still in high school. I think I heard it on Pandora or something.

Also, I heard the explicit version of "Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels" by Todrick. Yeah, that screams sass and Zelda.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Well. I got BBTAG. Wow I'm a messT. Let's go over each character I tried today from best to worst.
Good to hear! Practice makes perfect, I'll see if I can tell you of some interesting stuff involving each you've tried out.

1. Heart This gorl, I understand ha! She doesn't seem too terribly crazy to play, but I feel like she would be able to get more complex later on once I understand the game better so that's nice. What's also nice is having a reliable and easy combo to spam! 5AA > 5BBB > 236BC. This feels cheap to spam but I'm trying to learn the game so knowing some easy way to confirm into a distortion attack helps. She's also the only character I was able to do all of the training room combos for if that means anything (I went back to them a second time afterwards and was able to do them fairly consistently, so that's great).
Heart has some interesting mechanics with her. If you hold down 5B or 2B, she actually gains armour and the properties of her moves change. 5B when held down, gives it a wall stick property and any projectiles that hit Heart when she's charging 5B or 2B will be reflected and lightly home in on the opponent. Her 2B when held launches the opponent further upwards and is Homing Cancellable.

If you want a combo that does better damage, you can do 5AAA>5BBB>2B>jAdlA>5BBB>214BC. Which does 8k. However, to get some REALLY big damage, you'll have to Homing Cancel at the right times to further extend your combos.

2. Vatista She was the last character here I tried today but I still get her. Some traps, some close-quarters options, funny quotable lines, she's Wii Fit Trainer (I remembered that this is a website for Smash and I haven't mentioned Smash here in months so there. Also here's the best Wii Fit Trainer video on Twitter) so yh I should be able to vibe with her. Plus she has the best color options imo.
Vatista is a very good zoner. Her projectiles are fast, especially her 236x. I have used her before, and while her damage output is not the greatest, she still has some very good tools to control neutral. Also, she cannot be put into a Counter State, that is her unique gimmick, meaning combos that work on everyone else off of a Counter Hit, will not work on Vatista, an example would be she cannot be hit by Gordeau's 5B>IADjBA route which is Counter Hit specific.

I was never very good with her, but I always did what I could. Also, in Japanese she goes "guru guru~". Which is adorable.

3. Elizabeth The problem I have in every game. The character makes sense to me and I get what they're generally supposed to do, but I can't actually do the actions to pull it off. I have the brainpower but not the fingerpower. Oops.
Elizabeth is one of those strange ones I believe. She has good range and great projectiles and a disjointed command grab from jC which is fantastic. However, she is a glass cannon. So be wary of her. She does have healing similar to Celica and Yukiko, and she can do a ton of damage if used correctly, but her zoning can easily be dealt with by Nine, Akatsuki, Akihiko and Blitztank.

4. Akihiko Punch stuff? Not sure what to do with him other than "pumnch bad gyuy"
Oh boy! Here comes the best character in the game! :yeahboi:

Akihiko deals so much damage with relative ease. He can hit 10k solo and go even further beyond that with a teammate, he can easily do 18k. I feel like he has the tools to counteract a ton of stuff in this game. He has weaving which goes through projectiles, Maziodyne is a great disruptor and can do tons of damage on their assist character. He's insane.

5. Hilda .............what.
She makes sense in YT videos but actually trying to play her, what do I do???? Also I know she's a zoner and they're supposed to suck at close range, but for Hilda, she feels near useless if the enemy gets in on her. If you aren't able to swap her out, she's prob dead even if she started at full health. I can't tell is she genuinely sucks at close range or if the problem is me not knowing how to play her at all (probably both, definitely the latter at least).
Hilda is an odd one I do agree with that, since there are ways others can deny her of her shenanigans. Nine the Phantom can use Citrine of Change (236B with Element Lv. 1-4) to snuff out her projectiles which reflects them back, she can also do Scarlet Vein (214C) which makes her projectile invulnerable, Vatista's Mico Ruceo can be angled at spots and is fast. Akihiko can easily weave through her stuff, Heart has her 5B and 2B, Iron Tager's Spark Bolt (236C) and finally Akatsuki and Blitztank have their DPs which go through projectiles and can be repeatedly pressed if more projectiles are fired during it, plus Akatsuki's 236BC is invulnerable until the first hit. Hilda is basically a zoner and nothing else, she does have setup moves to allow more neutral control and setups, but yeah she can easily be overpowered. However, she is far from the worst in the game. I mean, Makoto Nanaya and Platinum the Trinity exist, and they are WAY worse then her. :secretkpop:

I'll try out a few more characters tomorrow, but for now my team seems to be Heart and Vatista which I'm happy with :]
Keep at it, you never know. You might find more characters that click with you and suit your playstyle. :yeahboi:

Also, it seems like Heart/Vatista may be your go to for now. Vatista can provide coverage for Heart as she goes in with 6P, same with Heart's 6P as well. Cross Mode could be useful here, with Heart's 6P or Vatista's providing pressure from fullscreen or for mixups. Also, I should mention Heart's jC has invulerability on Frame 1, meaning that Heart can avoid some DPs and attacks if done right.

1575195472746.png

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I am always willing to assist in a stupid goal/Zelda family reunion

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Day 2 characters! I'll go from best to worst again.
1. Celica Oops sorry Vatista, you're getting the boot already. She's FUN and I really have a feeling for how she works. Also managed to complete all of her character lessons and I've got several combos for her down. I like her. :)

2. Chie She's okayyyyyyyy, but I feel like Heart fills too similar of a role and I like Heart more so.... yea.

3. Orie Didn't use too much of her but she was nice for the few games I did play her.

4. Weiss Okay so I've never watched RWBY and I really don't know anything about it, but I still wanted to try one of the characters. Youtube recommended a Weiss meme video to me a few days ago so that's why I chose her. I'm serious.
I feel like she has some nice movement options but ehhhhhhhh, not for me.

5. Naoto (the Persona one, not the one that breaks your hands if you try to play him) Again I understand her entire gameplan and her gimmicks since I've watched P4AU over the years, but I can't do any of the stuff myself.

So the new main team is Heart/Celica (with Hyde helping out every now and then, I haven't completely forgotten about him)!
Heart has some interesting mechanics with her. If you hold down 5B or 2B, she actually gains armour and the properties of her moves change. 5B when held down, gives it a wall stick property and any projectiles that hit Heart when she's charging 5B or 2B will be reflected and lightly home in on the opponent. Her 2B when held launches the opponent further upwards and is Homing Cancellable.
I am very well aware of this and I think I abuse this too much but idc it's fun.
5AAA>5BBB>2B>jAdlA>5BBB>214BC
So uhhh, I have no clue what the bolded part means... help

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That brought back some memories. So, apparently SoulCalibur has a recurring theme that plays in the museum. I think the theme appears in every game starting in SoulCalibur where it's an arrangement of the game's ending song "Going to Where the Wind Blows". In the other games, it has a different title with the second, third, and sixth games sharing the same title "Healing Winds". I came across the SCVI's version and saw comments about the theme in SCII and SCIII. Looked up and the moment I heard SCII, it was like, "Man, I remember this." It's been years since I played SCII and the only reason I got into SoulCalibur was because Link was a guest character for the GameCube version.

SCIII's "Healing Winds" I do not remember as much. It's sad-sounding which I think fits the story up to that point. Siegfried is freed from Soul Edge, but has to continue on knowing what he did as Nightmare who ends up being resurrected as Inferno, the spirit of Soul Edge, given a physical form. By this point as well, I think most of the characters and thus, the story, starts to take a darker, more tragic turn which culminates in SCIV and SCV, especially with what happens to the Cassandra and Sophitia.

For some reason, it didn't occur to me that this was the same theme when I listened to SCVI's version. I visited the museum in that game a few times and heard the piece, but I didn't get the feeling that I heard a similar tune before. Maybe it felt too familiar. Not sure.

SCI's ending theme "Going to Where the Wind Blows": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7gxLM4CWJQ.

SCI's "Going to Where the Wind Blows: Reprise" which is the game's art gallery theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iww3xtuMFeA.

Not sure if this is from SCI, it's called "Feather in the Wind: Reprise": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db8ziLL8H8Y.

SCII's "Healing Winds": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QObISJNhMZM.

SCII's "Healing Winds: Reprise": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-9ikdbYrSs.

SCIII's "Healing Winds": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIvyEZ5oWTY.

SCIII's "Healing Winds: Reprise": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W6t-sSJuwY.

SCIV's "Winds And Memories": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPpnYZUoeSI.

Not sure what SCV's museum theme is called.

SCVI's "Healing Winds": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on2wEWqgv70. I think the museum in SCVI uses a cut version of its "Healing Winds" since the introduction of its "Healing Winds" from what someone uploaded is missing.

SCVI's "Healing Winds: Reminiscences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9vFBWhw-KY. This is the theme that I heard when entering the museum in SCVI.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Day 2 characters! I'll go from best to worst again.
1. Celica Oops sorry Vatista, you're getting the boot already. She's FUN and I really have a feeling for how she works. Also managed to complete all of her character lessons and I've got several combos for her down. I like her. :)
Ayy, another fellow Celica player! :yeahboi:

Celica has some pretty good stuff, she has a very easy way to crossup the opponent and set up sandwich opportunities. Plus, she has a bunch of other really good stuff, she can easily reach 8k by herself with 1 bar or with an assist, depending on the scenario needed. She can also heal too and has some good range too. I've fought a really good Celica player (Who used to main Blake, rip dedication to his waifu. :V) and I use her too, she's really fun to play. Oh, her jC is quite fast too, meaning you could crossup them up with it in the air, call an assist and have them get caught by it.

2. Chie She's okayyyyyyyy, but I feel like Heart fills too similar of a role and I like Heart more so.... yea.
I've heard that Chie's pretty good, sure her normals are pretty stubby, but her damage output is second to none. If she wants, she can touch of death any character in the game, ask Nammy12 Nammy12 , he plays Chie or used to?, still she does great damage if you let her power up.

3. Orie Didn't use too much of her but she was nice for the few games I did play her.
Funnily enough, out of all of the rapier users, Orie is the least used. This was during 1.5, so I don't know if that is still the case in 2.0. But she was overshadowed by Mitsuru Kirijo who could everything she did better, and Weiss was seen as a better Orie too due to her buffs in 1.5. I don't really know much about Orie, so oops from me.

4. Weiss Okay so I've never watched RWBY and I really don't know anything about it, but I still wanted to try one of the characters. Youtube recommended a Weiss meme video to me a few days ago so that's why I chose her. I'm serious.
I feel like she has some nice movement options but ehhhhhhhh, not for me.
Understandable, have a great day. In all seriousness, her and Blake are the more technical fighters from that side. Since Weiss has to set up glyphs, while Blake has to space herself to get the most out of some of her buttons. Also, the show is okay at best, then again, I've only watched Season 1 and the first four episodes of Season 2. Also, while he left Smashboards, SBphiloz4 plays Weiss in BBTAG, he in fact made some CMVs involving her and Yukiko on YouTube.

Also, rant time. I think the RWBY OST is god awful for a fighting game, it just doesn't work with the fast paced action of a fighter. Also, they get the full versions of their tracks, while the Blazblue side get some of their tracks butchered up? AND Ruby avoids the nerf hammer like a cockroach every time? Talk about bias. Okay, rant over.

5. Naoto (the Persona one, not the one that breaks your hands if you try to play him) Again I understand her entire gameplan and her gimmicks since I've watched P4AU over the years, but I can't do any of the stuff myself.
In the BBTAG community, we often refer to them as "Naoto S." and "Naoto K." so that way we can know who we are talking about. Alternatively, we could just call them "Shiro" and "Kuro" to make things easier, but oh well. It's one of those things. Naoto S. has some nice stuff with her, good combos, decent synergy and keepaway capabilities, but it's understandable why you'd think that. Plus, she may not fit your playstyle. Also, I know someone in the BBTAG Discord who plays Naoto S.. They also used to play Weiss too and they were good with those two, but as of now, they're running I think Celica, Adachi and are trying out Blitztank.

So the new main team is Heart/Celica (with Hyde helping out every now and then, I haven't completely forgotten about him)!
Good to hear, let's see you further advance those teams of yours to the fullest! :yeahboi:

So uhhh, I have no clue what the bolded part means... help
Whoops. My B, I should've mentioned that "dl" means delay. So take this one Gordeau combo for example and I do the following:
2B>5B>2C>5A>jBdlA>5AdlAA>5BB>2C>2B>214B

If I don't delay the jA or the remaining part of his A Autocombo, then the combo would not connect properly, plus if I don't delay it, then the route changes, instead I'd have to do after jBA, jABC>jDP. Whereas if I don't delay the 2nd hit of his A Autocombo, then the opponent will be too high for it to connect.

Delaying Heart's 2nd jA allows her to land and then do her 5B Autocombo into 214BC.

1575283182210.png

Top Bottom