• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Oops late reply. Anyways ^that^ convo is gud.
I genuinely am interested in buying bbtag now, but there's sooooo many games I'd rather get through first. I'm still in the middle of P3 of course (I'm getting sorta close to the end), and then I also want to get Astral Chain and AI Somnium Files. Plus Luigi's Mansion 3 came out today... help me
What is funny to me is that when you responded to this, ArcSys released an introduction video of Elizabeth on their English YouTube Channel. :V

It's like they know.

They also released one for Adachi as well, so I'll leave that for Buddhahobo Buddhahobo as well. :yeahboi:

Also, I think they will eventually add the remaining P4AU characters, since I think Rise was the last DLC character for the game. So it is possible. Since they no longer have vanilla P4A characters to use, and Shadow Labrys is NOT coming to BBTAG, since she is a Puppet Character. So I do think Rise has a chance still, hell she might get revealed at EVO Japan 2020 after BBTAG's Grand Finals.

I might as well give my impressions on Luigi's Mansion 3. It is SO CHARMING. I love the atmosphere and how Luigi sounds, acts and is portrayed in this game. It is oozing with personality and I love it. Luigi is such a lovable character and Charles Martinet did an amazing job voicing him, this is why Luigi is my favourite between him and Mario. I've only made it to Floor 4 anyway, so I think I might be about 1/3 of the way through the game now.

Anyways the characters that seem most interesting to me so far are Akihiko and Hilda, and Heart Aino a bit as well. So punchy boi, punchy gorl, and OHOHOHOHO. Close-quarter melee characters like them don't usually interest me in games, but idk I fell like I'd actually want to play as them (and Hilda would be there for ranged situations just in case).
I'll just say this about Akihiko. He ***** out damage. I'm dead serious, he does SO MUCH DAMAGE. I fought one a while ago who used Seth with him, and they dealt over 17k to me off of one punish. He's THAT strong; apparently he might be the best character in the game once 2.0 drops. But I'd still rather see Ruby get nerfed hard. :secretkpop:

Also, fun fact. Hilda's Japanese VA apparently made her debut as a voice actress... in Hentai. :secretkpop:

Oh, and ArcSys being the heroes they are, released her Introduction video too.

Also I was genuinely confused for the first minute of this because it looked a lot like P4AU. But it actually was P4AU even tho it said bbtag in the title. Anyways still 10/10 clips.
It's funny to me that Elizabeth is seen as Low Tier in P4AU, but watching these... I honestly don't think she is.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Hilde's the next DLC character for Soulcalibur VI.

What I never knew about her is that her English voice actress is Julie Ann Taylor. I played Soulcalibur IV, but I never played as her nor do I remember her voice. I probably did fight her a few times, though. She basically sounds like Cordelia. Maybe a bit younger and even more so in VI since I looked up her IV voice and she sounds a bit older in IV than VI. That would make sense since VI covers from Soul Edge? to Soulcalibur II and like Tira, Hilde was introduced in a later game and not part of the story until then. They're both also supposed to be younger in this point of time of the game's story. Well, considering VI's story is an alternate timeline, Hilde being part of the story now isn't that strange.

So, related to Soulcalibur. The Hori Soulcalibur VI fightstick and the whetstone arrived yesterday. They're both awesome. With the fightstick, I tried out DoA6 and directional inputs feel easier to do with the joystick than with the keyboard. The fightstick itself is bigger than I thought it would be and I'm not a big person nor do I have big hands, so the buttons feel a bit hard to reach. I'll just need to get used to it. Castle Crashers was fun with arcade controls, but the problem is that I don't think I can rebind the buttons since it just treats the fightstick as an Xbox controller which is fine except the bumper buttons are on the bottom row and that's where the item, magic, and block buttons are. Using items isn't that difficult as I just need to remember what button it is, but magic and especially block are difficult. To use magic, you need to hold down the button and then input one of the attack buttons to use a certain magic spell. I have to reach down with my ring finger, hold it, and use either my index or middle finger for the attack buttons. Block is the furthest possible button. While playing Castle Crashers, I started to regret not taking piano lessons seriously or as much. The finger dexterity, especially for my ring and pinky fingers, I could have had would have been so helpful. Regardless, like I said before, I just need to get used to it.

Anyway, since the current Humble Bundle monthly had Soulcalibur VI on it and Yakuza Kiwami, the remake of the first Yakuza game, as the early unlocks, I ended up subscribing for the first time. $12 for three games, so $4 each and I wanted two of them so why not, and the remaining games revealed and unlocked by the end of the month. I do regret not buying Yakuza 0 when it was on sale on Humble Bundle and Steam. I would have liked to play the series in order of the story. I could wait since the Yakuza games are very long and I think I'd like to start a longer game when I feel like I have more time to commit to playing it and consistently so. Something like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance or Orcs Must Die! 2 are pick up and go whenever and/or they're pretty short. A fighting game on the other hand is something you keep practicing, so if that happens, if you do practice, then you're progressing with the game.

As for the whetstone. I do not remember exactly how using the old whetstone was like, but the new one feels really good. I was able to sharpen the kitchen knives quicker and there was less of a mess. Part of it is probably because I've done this several times now, but the other part is probably the quality of the whetstone. It did feel quicker than with the old one where it felt like it took forever to get one knife done. Also, I didn't need to soak this whetstone before using it. Splashing water on the surface was enough for it to work. That said, because it's quicker, because of how easier it is to put an edge on a knife, I need to be more careful. The tips of the knives were a problem and I think I might have messed up two knives' tips. Nothing snapped off or whatever, but the tips of those knives look weird and both ended up with a burr. I had to "strop" them off and by strop, I mean vaguely remember what a video on stropping with a whetstone demonstrated. I was able to get the burrs off, but yeah, I need to be more careful and I need to learn how to sharpen the tips of knives properly. Still, the end result was that the kitchen knives are sharp and sharp knives, when properly used, are safer than dull knives.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh yeah BBTAG has a demo.
*tries the demo*
...yep I suck, that's what I expected :upsidedown:
Mostly there's just a lot to remember, I went through all of the tutorials but I still barely remember what each bar on the bottom is for. I'll prob get used to it. And actual problem though, why is the stick so sensitive to jumping? When pressing left or right, if it's angled up by even a single arc second the game will register it as pressing up and I'll jump. I think the dpad is better here but trying to do stuff like grabbing with the pro controller's dpad isn't as smooth as with the left stick. Is there any way to turn the jump sensitivity down or something? Otherwise I'm genuinely considering using the joycon's dpad, individual buttons for everything seems consistent enough. And I do play Smash with tap jump on so I'm completely fine with the movement of it, but I don't want to move exclusively through jumping.
Hyde seemed to be my favorite of the 4 demo characters but again I don't really know what I'm doing so yea.
Edit: WAIT I'M LOOKING UP STUFF ABOUT THE GAME BUT I THINK I UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ATTACK NAMES LIKE 2A AND 5C MEAN
So the # represents the left stick like:
where 5 is unmoving, 2 is straight down, 3 is down and forward, 6 is forward, etc.
A, B, and C stand for the attacks (so for the Switch, Y is A, X is B, and A is C).
I DIDN'T EVEN LOOK THIS UP BUT I FEEL SMART IF I'M RIGHT

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Oh yeah BBTAG has a demo.
*tries the demo*
...yep I suck, that's what I expected :upsidedown:
Mostly there's just a lot to remember, I went through all of the tutorials but I still barely remember what each bar on the bottom is for. I'll prob get used to it. And actual problem though, why is the stick so sensitive to jumping? When pressing left or right, if it's angled up by even a single arc second the game will register it as pressing up and I'll jump. I think the dpad is better here but trying to do stuff like grabbing with the pro controller's dpad isn't as smooth as with the left stick. Is there any way to turn the jump sensitivity down or something? Otherwise I'm genuinely considering using the joycon's dpad, individual buttons for everything seems consistent enough. And I do play Smash with tap jump on so I'm completely fine with the movement of it, but I don't want to move exclusively through jumping.

The two bars at the bottom are your Assist Gauge and Skill Gauge (Which I just call Super Meter). And the 4 diamonds next to your Assist Gauge is the Level of your Resonance, it goes up either be hitting 5C and timing the Universal Assault hit or by using your Assists numerous times (Each character has three assists you can use in the middle of a fight. And since you're using Hyde, he has the following: 4P = Dark Lotus (After Black Orbiter 236A), 5P = Pale Bringer (214B+C) and 6P = Black Orbiter (236A/B). And Resonance can only be activated when one of your characters is knocked out, which then you can use your Resonance. Resonance gives the following: Regen on both Health and Skill Gauge and you can cancel Specials into Supers (Hyde can do say 236A/B>236C>214B+C which he originally cannot do outside of Resonance). Also, each level of Resonance gives you an increase of meter. Level 1 increases your Skill Gauge from 5 to 6, Lv. 2 increases it to 7, Lv. 3 increases it to 8 and Lv. 4 increases it to 9. Lv. 4 Resonance and 9 Skill Gauge is the only way you'll be able to use Astrals, which are basically instant kills and every character has a way to combo into them. An example can be that Ragna can do say j.C>214A>222B+C in the corner which can combo into Astral.

Also, Resonance only lasts for 15 Seconds, so you can either save it for when you need to, or use it when your character immediately jumps in. It's a High Risk/High Reward imo.

Sadly, there is no way to turn off the Jump Sensitivity in BBTAG or any Anime Fighters, I think the reason the jump sensitivity is like that so you can Jump Cancel immediately after doing a move on hit or on block (Example could be that if you do Hyde's 5B on your opponent and they block it, you can Reverse Beat it into 5A so you can Jump Cancel away safely since 5B is only Jump Cancellable on HIT). Reverse Beating is something only Under Night characters can do, where if you haven't used say 2A in a combo, you can go 2C>2A>5BBB as an example. Also, I played BBTAG with the pro controller before, it made my thumb sore. And I'll just say that it is NOT a good dpad for fighting games. While you can use the JoyCons, alternatively you can use other controllers that plug into the dock. I use my Wii U Pokken Hori Pad, and it works really well.

It is comfortable and all the buttons that I need are on the correctly assigned ones.

Hyde seemed to be my favorite of the 4 demo characters but again I don't really know what I'm doing so yea.
Edit: WAIT I'M LOOKING UP STUFF ABOUT THE GAME BUT I THINK I UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ATTACK NAMES LIKE 2A AND 5C MEAN
So the # represents the left stick like:
where 5 is unmoving, 2 is straight down, 3 is down and forward, 6 is forward, etc.
A, B, and C stand for the attacks (so for the Switch, Y is A, X is B, and A is C).
I DIDN'T EVEN LOOK THIS UP BUT I FEEL SMART IF I'M RIGHT
Ayy! I'm proud of you!
You can customise how you want your layout to be, which is what I did. :yeahboi:
I'll go and list what my button layout is.

Y = A
X = D
B = B
A = C
L = A+B
R = P

Only reason I have mine set up like that is since I played TvC and UMvC3, I've grown accustom to using layouts like this. So I'm happy with this.

Hyde is a good choice. He is the only character in the game that can inflict chip damage on his opponent with his normals that involve his sword outside of Resonance. However, you will need to learn what are called "Pogos" where you combo j.C into itself twice after the initial hit and comboing off of 214x, but still he's a good choice imo.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just in case you gorls have been living under a broken Phantom Knight, OW2 is officially announced and comes with a 10/10 cinematic!

Overwatch 2 is a prettier looking version of OW1 but uses the same engine. It's more PvE based but is made for teamplay for the PvE content. Essentially, it's like Archives on steroids. OW1 unlocked cosmetics can be transfered. And OW1 and OW2 can crossplay with each other in terms of the PvP content; since they use the same exact engine/hurt boxes/base skills/etc. OW2 is a must buy for me, except... I think I'd want to play on the Switch since it should be graphically optimized. I want the prettiness of OW2 since it's mostly PvE. Not the jagged stuff I look at on my PC lmao.

Genji looks better when he's covered up. Such a slacker boi, cute boi, sparkly boi. The redesigns in general are great. Mei is made super cute with just a few small changes. Mei is a precious gorl, pls protect and ♥ her, kthnx. Anyone who disagrees is gross and wrong.

ANYWAY! Onto something that I became too emotionally invested in at the time.

I finally got around to watching Toy Story 4. tbh the overall conflict was foreseeable, but my guesses weren't as accurate from a minute to minute stand point. Disney's just getting better at going with the less cliche of the multiple options, which makes the movie more enjoyable for me. I love character focused stories, animated or not. Since it allows me to fall in love with the character or root for them easier. Which also leads to crying, usually. So win-lose? idk

OK so Harmony looked almost like the girl in that 1950's book so it seemed like destiny to the stuck-in-toy-purgatory Gabby. And Gabby was kinda evil but not really? Well anyway, cliches says she either gets wrecked if she became eviler OR she is redeemed and gets to go home with Harmony. Her becoming progressively more excited and happy also built her up quickly. Easily made me go from "this lil *****" to "omg precious and sad babby you deserve so many nice things omg" ♥♥♥

BUT WHEN HARMONY JUST DROPS HER, INTO A BOX OF JUNK NO LESS, NOOOOO. I knew it was a possibility for them to go "lmao we say sike rite now" but my heart was hoping it wouldn't happen or if it did it would be gentler/by accident. BUT THEN IT HAPPENED IN A DELIBERATELY AWFUL WAY. STOP THIS RIGHT NOW. EXCUSE ME, HEAUXONY, COME TO THE FRONT OF THE STORE BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE YOU CAN FIND THESE HANDS. YOU'RE DONE. CANCELED. BYE.

After a super sad moment and almost-crying, it all works out when they come up with a secondary plan of just sneaking her into the RV. Bonus points because she gets to stay with her friend Forky and get a kid of her own. Then the plan switches yet again, because screw 100% expected cliches or simplistic plans I guess. She opts to TRY to comfort a lost little girl, even if it means potential failure and NOT having Bonnie as a backup. The gang helps the crying and lost little girl notice Gabby, and is comforted by Gabby. Enough so to give her courage to ask for help instead of just waiting and crying in a dark corner until she was found.

Like. OK. That's so much better than just instantly winding up with Harmony. Or even Bonnie+Forky. But. Like. Harmony is already destroyed because I canceled her so it all works out anyway. Lost girl gets a new friend she'll probably cherish forever due to helping her through a traumatic situation. Harmony and her family are brutally and justly destroyed off screen. Woody gets with his beau-thang Bo, then helps carnival toys find kids of their own. The Toy Story world is a happier place now.

12/10 would cry 2 again

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So it's a spoiler, but oh wow the new pokemon game dropped the ball.

Over half the roster is gone.

Charizard is the only former starter in the game.

The pokemon literally based off a Yorkshire Terrier isn't found in a region based off England

Or in other words...
Pokemon Sword+Shield has been replaced, we got Digimon now

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Soulcalibur VI is fun. Considering it's retelling the story up to Soulcalibur II, but from a different timeline, there's this feeling of nostalgia when I play the game. It's been years since I played a Soulcalibur game as my last one was IV, but it feels so familiar. While I still am clumsy with using a fight stick, my approach to playing Soulcalibur is so much different from IV, III, and definitely II which was my first Soulcalibur game. That can be attributed to how much I learned or looked into fighting games and probably what I carried over from Smash 4. With II, it was just mash and have fun, but I struggled with III on the harder difficulties or levels since there was this create you character scenario and the later stages were difficult. I would not be surprised if they were just rigged like in other, older fighting games. IV I didn't have much of an interest and I never played nor wanted to play V. Mitsurugi's design in V is awesome, though.

I think the best thing so far is hearing the announcer voice in Soulcalibur again. Everything sounds so dramatic and it's so fun to hear. Paul St. Peter's performance reminds me of Soulcalibur II and III's announcer who was Cazmo Lukrich. It's Paul St. Peter, though, and his voice is much deeper. Most of the time I can only think of Xemnas when I hear his voice in VI. From hearts to souls.

Gerik is going to be on the next FEH banner and he's bringing Firesweep Axe with him. Praise the husbando for finally making Firesweep Axe a reality. Also, he has Darting Blow 4, Sudden Panic 3, and Infantry Pulse 3. Gerik has the same HP as Ogma at 47 HP base neutral, so I'm guessing he might have a similar stat spread to him which isn't saying much since gen 4 melee infantry have around 172 BST. Ogma has 157 BST, so that's 15 extra points that could go anywhere if Gerik has a similar stat spread as him which if he does, you could dump 10 into his resistance for not so great 23 Res, but better than 13 Res and have the 5 go into his Atk, Spd, or Def. Or just not and dump his Res for everything else.

Seriously, Bartre, Cherche, Ogma, Virion, and kind of Frederick and Walhart would be terrifying with the current BST of their movement types. They all dumped Res for their other stats and Ogma has a respectable 35/34 base neutral offenses which back then was good if not high. Leaving his Res as is and dumping everything else into his HP, Atk, Spd, and Def means adding 3 to 4 points to each stat, so he'd have around 50 HP, 38 Atk, 37 Spd, 31 Def, and 13 Res for 169 BST where the remaining 3 can go wherever else. If you ignore his HP, then it would be 5 points into Atk, Spd, and Def which would give him 47 HP, 40 Atk, 39 Spd, 33 Def, and 13 Res for 172 BST and Gladiator's Blade has Heavy Blade 3 as its base effect and that's more than enough Atk to ensure good coverage.
Bartre on the other hand is like if you dumped 16 points into his speed, he'd have 36/41 neutral offenses before Fury 6 or Fury 3 and L&D3. Totally not happening. Bartre has 156 BST, so 16 points less than gen 4 melee infantry. Adding 10 points to his speed for 35 Spd and 2 to his Atk for 38/35 neutral offenses would give him CYL Alm's neutral offenses. The remaining 4 could go to HP or Def and splitting it would result in a stat spread of 51 HP, 38 Atk, 35 Spd, 35 Def, and 13 Res. With Fury 6 from the unique refinement and his default Fury 3, Bartre would have 54 HP, 60 Atk, 41 Spd, 41 Def, and 19 Res. 38/30 offenses would be more likely, but that means 7 points were distributed to his Atk and Spd leaving 9 for his HP and Def which would make him even tankier.

Similar deal with Cherche, but she'd gain less stats as gen 4 melee fliers have around 167 BST. Thing is that Cherche has good speed in Awakening from what I remember, so 38/35 offenses wouldn't be that farfetched with her and that's just adding 10 points to her speed which is 10 points she's off as a gen 1 melee flier with 157 BST.

Virion would get around 21 points with Norne having 168 BST. Concentrating those points into his HP, Atk, and Spd would give him actual offenses like that of Innes and Takumi, but make his HP even stupider. Evenly distributing it means 7 points each into his HP, Atk, and Spd for 53 HP, 38 Atk, 38 Spd, 26 Def, and 13 Res. By default, only Arden (60 HP) and Zephiel (55 HP) would have higher HP than him. A more reasonable distribution around 5 points into HP, Atk, Spd, and Def would result in 51 HP, 36 Atk, 36 Spd, 31 Def, and 13 Res for 167 BST which is still pretty stupid. Either way, in raw offenses, he'd have the similar offenses to legendary Alm before the Spectrum Boost unique refinement and similar physical defense as him, but much higher HP for overall physical bulk at the cost of abysmal raw resistance.

Anyway, we're getting another duo hero because why not. Reginleif looks dumb. Effective damage goes a long way and dual effectiveness is powerful as shown by Caeda, Clair, and Micaiah. Now it's on Ephraim & Lyon they were shown with 58 Atk, so 39 base + 16 Mt + Reginleif's Atk+3 because of course that should be on a weapon with dual effective damage. Against armors and cavalry, 58 Atk would be 87 Atk. Granted, Ephraim & Lyon are targeting defense instead of resistance like Micaiah, but still.

Tethys might be our first gen 4 physical ranged infantry dancer to be demoted which also means our first ranged dancer in the 4* summoning pool. She comes with The Cleaner which is a good dagger, but Legault has it and her other skills Spd/Res Bond and Dagger Exp are things. Ewan introduces Rauthserpent and if Tethys doesn't demote and he demotes, then the first -serpent tome in the 4* summoning pool would be a red one and we'd also have Sabotage Spd. Probably not going to happen. And our 3* to 4* summoning pool insert is Ross. Like Amelia and Ewan, Ross is a trainee unit in Sacred Stones, so having gen 3 melee infantry BST might not be that bad for him as he'd just have gen 4 melee infantry BST like how fallen F!Corrin has 173 BST which is what gen 4 melee infantry BST. It's still stupid, though, that they're inserting units with the previous generation's BST when at the same time, they're giving us new units, albeit GHB and TT units, with current generation BST like Astram was basically a free +HP, -Atk CYL Alm in terms of stats not to mention soiree Rinea being a gen 4 magic ranged infantry dancer with 152 BST or Conrad's good stat spread with gen 4 melee cavalry BST.

Halloween L'Arachel, Python and Silque, and now Gerik and Tethys. L'Arachel, Python, and Silque did not show up when I summoned on their banners and Gerik and Tethys probably won't too. Watch me get Ephraim.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Hyde is a good choice. He is the only character in the game that can inflict chip damage on his opponent with his normals that involve his sword outside of Resonance. However, you will need to learn what are called "Pogos" where you combo j.C into itself twice after the initial hit and comboing off of 214x, but still he's a good choice imo.
Gorl I'm still just trying to figure out how to move around, I'm not gonna get to combos for a while. Also I don't think I'm gonna keep Hyde once I get the full game soooooooo yea.
But I think using the joycon's d-pad is the best option for me, it felt a lot better to move around when playing today.
I also remembered that the Switch can clip stuff and I got this. idc if it was against a normal cpu but I think I'm getting it? Maybe?? Possibly???

The pokemon literally based off a Yorkshire Terrier isn't found in a region based off England
Wait what? I thought all of the gen 1 Pokemon would at least make it in since they already have everything from the Let's Go games. That's... wow.

But my slug Gastrodon is still in so all is forgiven :) Not that I was planning on buying the games even before the Dex fiasco, but at least my sluggy boi was remembered.

Also @ the Terry presentation, there isn't anything you could do to make me wake up and care about something at 5 AM. Hope the rest of u have fun watching it though.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Gorl I'm still just trying to figure out how to move around, I'm not gonna get to combos for a while. Also I don't think I'm gonna keep Hyde once I get the full game soooooooo yea.
But I think using the joycon's d-pad is the best option for me, it felt a lot better to move around when playing today.
I also remembered that the Switch can clip stuff and I got this. idc if it was against a normal cpu but I think I'm getting it? Maybe?? Possibly???
That's fine, once you get a hang of movement, things will be golden. I think. I can understand why, since almost the whole entire cast automatically runs instead of needing to walk and getting the hang of jumping. I think the few characters that do not run are Tager, Azrael and Waldstein in the Demo. Azrael and Waldstein do have a Step Dash, however Azrael's is a teleport. I think once 2.0 drops, Blitztank will join the ranks as well. :secretkpop:

I know I've posted some of my clips on here before as well, if I can, I will post some clips of me playing against other players. Since that oughta be better, so it can show how movement is like for some players.

On the plus side, 2.0 is almost here, so that means waiting won't take long. Which means I'll be able to try out Celica, Adachi, Susanoo and Blitztank with Gordeau.

Also, I think this would be very helpful for you Cress! Cress! and Buddhahobo Buddhahobo .

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Or in other words...
I did lose Pokémon I liked, but there are still some of my favorites that made it. And there are lots of really cool new Pokémon. So while the roster drop hurts somewhat, it's something I can easily forgive.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I was going into Blue Lions with the plan to marry Mercedes. Except I've seen Sylvain's A-Support with her. That's the only support where he's 100% genuine+serious and they both are perfect for each other so now idk if I should steal Mercedes away from him. Now I see why people go F!Byleth to marry Dimitri. It's because they get a handsome manly husbando AND Mercedes gets the perfect husbando.

I CRI
EVRITIEM
MY ♥ IZ
BROKIN!!!

So I guess I'll just marry Gilbert. FINE! WHATEVER!

Or in other words...
But Pokemon and Digimon were basically the same anyway~~~

I love the designs. Far more than I did the SuMo designs. I just hope the environments of the game are more akin to Xenoblade2 and not Blank of The Wild. Also...

APPLE DRAGON??? (Wyrm in an Apple or Apple Pie omg)
GHOST TEA/GHOSTIE??? (should be on every Sassy Gorl's team)
THE SPLICED ABOMINATIONS-SO-THEY-CAN-ACTUALLY-SURVIVE??? (protecc the goofster babbies pls)
ICE. MOTH. My 2 favorite types??? (L•A•M•P)
More monotypes in general??? (well ok)

The best part is they really overhauled the game to be so much more flexible in terms of our Pokemon. We can change their nature, bulk-feed them vitamins, pass egg moves easier, leveling is easier post-game, and etc.

I have too many favorites to properly create a team of just the new Pokemon. All I know for sure is I'm getting L•A•M•P Fiend and Spill The Tea on my team. Maybe I'll just wait until the stats are officially out before picking my team? idk. I also love all the starters' final evolution for once too. So I'll have to wait to choose a starter.

I did lose Pokémon I liked, but there are still some of my favorites that made it. And there are lots of really cool new Pokémon. So while the roster drop hurts somewhat, it's something I can easily forgive.
This.

With over 800 Pokemon, it was only a matter of time before they just began cutting the roster. Although, the smarter - but more expensive - thing to do would've been to split the roster between 2 games so it's around 450/450. This way buying both would be actually worth it. They should've reduced many of the Mega Evolutions to pure evos too - with properly balanced stats to match.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I was only able to watch a few minutes of the stream for Terry's introduction, so I don't know everything, but the coolest things to me have to be that Terry has a charge move with Rising Tackle and he has a forward and back special with Burn Knuckle and Crack Shoot. Rising Tackle was always a charge move, but there was one instance of it being not being a charge motion, but instead, a Shoryuken motion in KoF '96. It would have worked, but since they wanted him to have Power Dunk as well, the motion would have conflicted as Power Dunk in every game, but KoF XI which used a QCF motion which itself would conflict with Power Wave, was a Shoryuken motion. Smash doesn't have punch or kick buttons. They could have made it so that one move was attached to the attack button and the other to the special button, but that would be the one difference that he would have with Ryu and Ken and for the rest of his special moves where you cannot use either attack or special to get the same move with the correct input. Regardless, it's really cool that they had him come with a charge input.

Two different side specials isn't anything new considering Bayonetta has Heel Slide and Afterburner Kick, but I didn't think they would have done that to what it looks like, make room for Power Dunk. They could have had Power Dunk be an input only move, but instead, they had Burn Knuckle be his forward special and Crack Shoot back special. So, I just looked it up, but Power Wave doesn't even have an input since Burn Knuckle was given a QCF motion in Smash whereas in Fatal Fury and KoF, it and Crack Shoot both use QCB and are differentiated by Burn Knuckle using punch after the motion and Crack Shoot using kick. And they had Round Wave be his neutral special in the air.

Something that was interesting was instead of meter, Terry has essentially infinite use Rage Arts so that he can have his super moves. I do not know enough about Fatal Fury, but I do not remember there being rage moves from what gameplay of the Fatal Fury games I saw and KoF does not have rage. The closest thing is Max Mode, but that uses meter. I guess they didn't want to introduce another meter character and one whose meter would be the most similar to Hero since Terry and in other fighting games, you can use powered up special multiple times provided you have enough bars of meter or maybe meter depending on the game. That's basically what the MP or whatever meter system is in RPGs and other games. It's interesting, but also iffy in a way that when Terry's at 100% or at 1/3 of his HP in stamina battles, Terry gains access to two punish moves that can be infinitely used. It seems like the implication is that they have high recovery, so whiffing them or hitting a shield will cause Terry to be open for a punish. Still, it's a curious decision.

Also, apparently he has a dodge attack. I'll need to look into that further.

The only disappointing thing about Terry for me is that he only has his classic outfit. He doesn't have his Garou outfit and he doesn't even have his KoF XIV outfit. I get that it would create more work to do, but it would have been nice for Terry to have his classic and Garou looks or at least his KoF XIV look which is basically Terry's regular outfit with a long-sleeved jacket instead of a vest.

The reason for why Mai isn't a cameo character is a bit funny, but also kind of eh as well. I get that her iconic outfit is too risqué, but she does have her Fatal Fury 3 outfit and they could have her wear something else that people can tell it's still Mai. Some people pointed out her kimono and umbrella that she wears as part of her introduction before fights and that would have been fine. Lastly, the English, overseas version of Psycho Soldier is pretty dope.

As for FEH, guess who showed up? Someone who was recently demoted.
4* Hinata: +Def, -Atk.

3* L'Arachel: +Res, -Def.

3* Olivia: +Spd, -HP.

4* Python: +HP, -Spd. First summon too and the first time he shows up, -Spd. Thanks, Python.

4* Silas: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Fir: +Atk, -HP.

4* Kagero: +Def, -HP.

4* Roy: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Saizo: +Spd, -HP.

4* Soren #1: +Spd, -Def.
4* Ares: +Res, -HP.

3* Felicia: +Spd, -Def.

4* Hawkeye: +HP, -Res.

4* Priscilla: +HP, -Res.

4* Reinhardt: +Spd, -HP.
5* sweaty F!Corrin: +Spd, -Atk. Seriously, game? The last banner with Forging Bonds, thus tickets, netted me M!Grima. At least Grima has a connection to Shadows of Valentia, but you? 32/41 offenses and she's already wacky to begin with.

4* Jeorge: +Atk, -Res.

4* Lukas #1: +Spd, -HP.

3* M!Morgan: +Res, -Def. Speak of the devil's son. Well, the other devil in the alternate universe where his vessel is a F!Robin.

4* Seliph: +Def, -Atk.
4* Camilla: +HP, -Res.

4* M!Corrin: +Res, -Def.

3* Donnel: +Res, -Spd.

4* Lukas #2: +Def, -Spd.

4* M!Robin: +HP, -Def.

Edit: So, I wanted Halloween L'Arachel. That ended tragically...
4* Cherche #1: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Draug: +Spd, -HP.

3* Gordin: +Spd, -Def.

4* Leon: +Atk, -Res.

3* Sothe #1: +Res, -HP.
3* Beruka: +Def, -HP.

4* Cherche #2: neutral.

3* Palla: +Def, -Res.

4* Soren #2: +Res, -Spd.

4* adult Tiki: +HP, -Atk.
4* Boey: +Res, -Def.

4* Frederick: +HP, -Res.

3* Jakob #1: +Def, -Res.

4* Priscilla: +Atk, -Res.

4* Sothe #2: +Spd, -Def.
3* Fae: +Def, -Atk.

4* Klein: +Def, -Atk.

3* Soren #3: +Def, -Spd.

4* Sothe #3: +Def, -Atk.

4* Subaki: +Res, -Spd.
4* Effie: +Atk, -Res.

4* Eliwood: +Def, -Atk.

4* Jakob: +Res, -Def.

3* Lucius #1: +Spd, -Def.

4* Sheena: +HP, -Res.
4* Cherche: +HP, -Def.

3* Fir: +Def, -Res.

4* Lucius #2: +Def, -HP.

4* Olivia: +Spd, -HP.

3* Peri: +Spd, -Def.
4* Maria (+Atk, -HP) from a summon without any greens. The ones below are from a full summon:

3* Eirika: +Res, -Def.

4* Felicia: +HP, -Spd.

5* Hardin: +Res, -Spd. Yeah... After someone showed up, I had to know since the rate was high at this point.

5* kinshi knight Hinoka: +Spd, -HP. No greens and she showed up as my first orb pick of this summon. Great asset and flaw, but she showed up.

3* Saizo: +Spd, -Res.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'll say this, I love how Sakurai went all out on Terry and SNK during the presentation, you can tell that SNK means a lot to him when he was growing up. And the Supers being in as well makes him more hype for me as well.

And fifty songs from SNK to be put in Smash!? SNK is being far too kind to us.

Also, I've now 100%'d Luigi's Mansion 3 in Story Mode.

Might as well give my thoughts on it.

I really love the atmosphere and charm the game has. It reminds me a bit of Wallace and Gromit for some reason, which is a good thing. Due to how Luigi acts and how he sounds as well, it reminds me so much of that series.

The idea of it being in a Hotel is a very good idea, since it let the team at NEXT LEVEL GAMES think up what each Floor could be based on. A Medieval Castle for one, and a Disco Club for another. It really did let them go all out on these areas and they did a really great job on it.

And the cutscenes, oh boy the cutscenes. They're just full to the brim with personality, however I feel like the later cutscenes where Luigi grabs the lift/elevator buttons were slowly losing their charm. Since it was mostly the same of Luigi grabbing the button and showing it to the player saying "Oh yeah!" or "Haha!". I wish there would be other types of scenarios, an example I could think of could be when Luigi grabs it in the Disco Club, he does a little dance afterwards with a record scratching beat playing, with him saying afterwards "I got it! Haha!" while showing it to the player. That would be a nice little bit of detail, instead of after Floor 8 he just does a generic animation.

My only main complaint would be with the final boss fight. It felt a bit cumbersome to hit the boss due to the camera angle, but aside from that. I had a great time playing this game, it was full to the brim with charm, personality and the atmosphere was great. Also, the ending was the most wholesome thing I've ever seen in Luigi's Mansion. I don't think I'll do Multiplayer, since I do wanna focus on some of the other games I got, such as Cyber Sleuth, Dawn of the Breakers and of course, BBTAG 2.0.

I'll leave these here since ArcSys' Japanese YouTube Channel just put up the Introduction videos to Celica and Susanoo now. :yeahboi:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Using my free summon + 4 tickets on the Desert Mercenaries banner gave me a Gerik (+def -spd) and Sirius (+hp -atk). I decided that I wanted Ross and spent about 60 orbs when I pulled a 3* copy of him (+spd -res) and a Rhajat (+def -hp) who appeared next to him. Ross is similar to a green Donnel, and is one of the first green units I actually care about, so I think I'll be merging him. Pulling that random Sirius is great because it means I have access to Lull Atk/Spd for Ross, which I wouldn't have had otherwise. I'll hold onto Gerik for now, but I might use him to give FS Axe to Ross if I can pull another Nailah for that sweet B skill. We do have a DC banner coming up so she'll hopefully be a focus unit on there.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My free summon and all 4 tickets on the Desert Mercenaries banner gave me a Gerik (+def -spd) and Sirius (+hp -atk). I decided that I wanted Ross and spent about 60 orbs when I pulled 3* copy of him (+spd -res) and a Rhajat (+def -hp) who appeared next to him. Ross is similar to a green Donnel, and is one of the first green units I actually care about, so I think I'll be merging him. Pulling that random Sirius is great because it means I have access to Lull Atk/Spd for Ross, which I wouldn't have had otherwise. I'll hold onto Gerik for now, but I might use him to give FS Axe to Ross if I can pull another Nailah for that sweet B skill.
Correct me if my guess is wrong, but it seems like you want to make Ross a tank and one who could abuse Firesweep Axe with Null C-Disrupt. In that case, I think holding Lull Atk/Spd for someone else might be a better idea. The unfortunate thing is that Lull passives cannot be inherited by armors and fliers, so you're stuck with using them on cavalry and infantry. A Galeforce unit would be a good option where two cavalry that come to mind are Eliwood and CYL Roy because of unique refined Blazing Durandal's Bold/Special Fighter hybrid effect and Steady Impact. Both of them can have good defense that Desperation might not be needed and Lull Atk/Spd would make it easier to take hits and double. Otherwise, CYL Eliwood, Lethe, Oscar, Panne, Peri, Siegbert, Sirius himself, Yarne, and your other usual picks for Galeforce cavalry. If not Galeforce, then Selkie could use Lull Atk/Spd pretty well to make her even more deceptively bulky against melee units. Lull Atk/Def might be better, though, since she's fast, but her base attack isn't that great. For infantry, legendary Alm with Mirror/Sturdy Impact, sweaty F!Corrin, Gerik, Klein if you don't want to run Desperation for whatever reason, probably Saizo for tanking purposes, Selena, Tharja who'd be able to stack her unique refinement and Lull Atk/Spd for Atk/Spd-7 and negating attack and speed field buffs on her opponent, and Velouria.

Lull passives are really neat. Just wished there were more of them or they were more accessible. At least we have Hawkeye and F!Kana who have Lull effects for their unique refinements. Lull Atk/Spd on Hawkeye wouldn't be that great from the speed point unless you want to do speedy Hawkeye meme build. For F!Kana, stacking Lull Atk/Spd would result in Atk/Spd-6 on her foes, but when it's introduced, Lull Def/Res probably would be better to ensure her Sun Dragonstone's Spectrum Stance that works on player phase if her foe doesn't have any field buffs active is always active since she'd negate attack, speed, defense, and resistance field buffs giving her a permanent Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat which with Lull Atk/Spd/Def/Res becomes Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7. A neutral F!Kana would have 53 Atk, 41 Spd, 40 Def, and 33 Res in combat. Kind of sucks that Luke's unique refinement doesn't have another way of working. Even if the other way was Sturdy Stance 4, at least Luke could maybe have a decent enemy phase instead of needing to rely on getting a Dull or Lull from someone.

Anyway, if they decide to throw axes another bone, Barrier Axe on Ross would be pretty good. He has high attack, so +Res might be worth it for the superasset and having more visible resistance unless you want +Atk, +Spd, or +Def on him.

So, I heard a song on the radio while driving home one day. I was able to remember the title and band. Something "Yuve Yuve Yu" and "The Hu" which became "Yuve Yuve Yu" by The Hu. So, The Hu are a Mongolian rock or heavy metal band which is freaking awesome. When I looked up the song, though, it sounded different and I thought what I heard was an English cover. Turns out, they did a collaboration with From Ashes to New and that was the version I heard on the radio.

Here's the original version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ykV-GD8Nk.

Here's the version featuring From Ashes to New: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPVAgRL055g.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I played a bit more BBTAG today, I mostly tried focusing on synergy attacks or whatever they're called (when you use a partner move and then force them to stay out for the next 5 or so seconds and you attack together, that thing). I also bumped the CPU difficulty up to hard but they still don't attack all that much tbh. I'm pretty sure I'm feeling the rhythm on movement so that's nice! I think I'm going to buy the game after the 2.0 update since it sounds like there's going to be a $50 that includes all of the DLC? Even if there isn't it wouldn't hurt to wait, it's only 2 weeks away at this point right?

I will admit though that I spent more time watching videos of other people playing the game than actually playing the game myself today. And most of the videos weren't even of BBTAG. I mentioned once a few years ago that I really enjoyed watching P4A, and I haven't done that in a while. It's even better now that I've mostly completed Persona 3 so I know a few of these characters well now! I also watched quite a bit of UNIST because again I think it's really fun to watch. Do I ever plan on using Linne or Merkava? No but I'm gonna watch pros using them anyways because it's cool. :p But I will say that Vatista looked like a character I would really enjoy playing so at least I got something out of all of those videos. I'll need to see how she plays in BBTAG but she's also going to go on the list of characters I need to try. I need to add more guys to that list, it's just Akihiko alone with like 4 or 5 gorls, pls help him

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I played a bit more BBTAG today, I mostly tried focusing on synergy attacks or whatever they're called (when you use a partner move and then force them to stay out for the next 5 or so seconds and you attack together, that thing). I also bumped the CPU difficulty up to hard but they still don't attack all that much tbh. I'm pretty sure I'm feeling the rhythm on movement so that's nice! I think I'm going to buy the game after the 2.0 update since it sounds like there's going to be a $50 that includes all of the DLC? Even if there isn't it wouldn't hurt to wait, it's only 2 weeks away at this point right?
If you hold down P, you can make it so that your partner does not attack while you're attacking, and when you let go, that's when they'll do their assist.

That's right. 2.0 for BBTAG comes out on the 21st of November, plus ArcSys will be updating the vanilla version on the eShop, PSN and Steam Store as well. Plus, they'll also be providing Physical Releases of it in the US. rip EU boys.

So yeah, it'd be best to wait for 2.0 to release, since then that way, you're not going to be spending a lot of money on the vanilla release, the All In One pack and then all 9 DLC characters. Which is what I did last year. But hey, it was worth it for me imo. Since they gave me Teddie, Seth, Naoto K and Heart for free if you owned the six other DLC packs.

I will admit though that I spent more time watching videos of other people playing the game than actually playing the game myself today. And most of the videos weren't even of BBTAG. I mentioned once a few years ago that I really enjoyed watching P4A, and I haven't done that in a while. It's even better now that I've mostly completed Persona 3 so I know a few of these characters well now! I also watched quite a bit of UNIST because again I think it's really fun to watch. Do I ever plan on using Linne or Merkava? No but I'm gonna watch pros using them anyways because it's cool. :p But I will say that Vatista looked like a character I would really enjoy playing so at least I got something out of all of those videos. I'll need to see how she plays in BBTAG but she's also going to go on the list of characters I need to try. I need to add more guys to that list, it's just Akihiko alone with like 4 or 5 gorls, pls help him
That is a good source to look at, watching other people play. Since you'll see what kind of synergy and work that each character can do, I would do that when I need to look for Gordeau stuff, such as solo combos and stylish ones too. However, due to me being very bias, I would avoid clips which had Gordeau partnered with Ruby or Yang. :V (Yes, I hate those two in this game so much.)

UNIST is quite fun to play, if you've played something like Street Fighter or Melty Blood, it is similar to those games. Except Under Night is a much more grounded focused game, whereas Melty Blood was more aerial focused. Linne is funnily enough a beginner friendly character, with Eltnum probably second. Also, I should mention that Vatista in Under Night is one of the HARDEST characters to use in the game, because she's a Charge character. Now that doesn't sound too bad, right? I mean, Guile's a Charge character and he only has two Specials. Well... Vatista has four Charge moves.
4[Hold]6x
2[Hold]8x
j8[Hold]2x
6[Hold]4x

These are what make her a very difficult character to use. Thankfully, she is no longer a charge character in BBTAG, since all characters now simply use 236 and 214 motions. While a handful use 22x (i.e. Yukiko and Teddie) in their repretoire. Vatista's unique trait is that she cannot enter a Counter Hit state, meaning if she gets hit while doing a move, she won't take extra damage from a Counter Hit and won't be in Hitlag as long, whereas someone like Nine The Phantom would if she gets hit while doing a move.

Meaning a combo like this won't work on Vatista:

Should mention, that Ragna was set to always be in a Counter State in Training.

Whereas in this, Yang was set to do a DP (A+D), which put her into a Counter State.

Also, that means that you can experiment more with those characters so you see which team(s) click with you the most. Since you could do Akihiko/Vatista, Elizabeth/Hilda, or even Akihiko/Elizabeth. Mix and match and see which suits you best. You never know, you could lab it so damn hard you could find a TOD with Akihiko and one of the other three girls you plan on using with him. :yeahboi:
Also, Vatista in Japanese goes "guruguru~" which is adorable.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Today's progress! I mostly focused on Distortion Attacks. Like I did the lesson on them on my first day, but there were so many things to keep track of and that was one of the (many) things that I just kinda... forgot about. But I understand them now! :] I also switched back to the Pro Controller (using the dpad to move) since joycon drift still exists. I did adjust quickly tho and I feel more comfortable with this now than I ever did with the joycons. I played quite a lot today but in every game in the last half hour or so, I was using every move in Hyde's kit and I was consistently doing all of them as well with almost no misinputs. Well... Dark Lotus and Bend Sinister weren't clicking with me (236A236A or 236B236B). I can do 236A/B just fine, but trying to do a second one afterwards wouldn't work. Maybe I'm doing it too quickly or slowly to be in the timeframe where you can do that? But whatever, I'm able to do every other move consistently and I had a ton of progress today anyways so I'll take it! And on top of all of that, I've got what each bar on the bottom is for and how each of them charge. Sooooo maybe I'm ready to work on combos?

Also I snagged a ton of clips.
I bumped up the CPU difficulty up to Very Hard, and this was my first game and win against them!

And then this one was a full game and I thought I did pretty well the whole time imo

Aaaaaaand since you're only able to embed 3 tweets per post, the last 2 are just links.
This was an earlier clip from today. The CPU here was still on Hard, but they're on Very Hard in every other clip.
Then this was the last game from today. Half of these clips I got just because the finish screens with the rainbows look cool and yes I'm a 5 year old who still goes "ooo pretty colors" and I don't plan on changing :secretkpop:
I did kinda throw out a lot of distortion attacks that probably could've been punished, but again I was moreso working on being able to consistently use them in a game.
Also, during my second Very Hard CPU game, I got to use my first astral finish in an actual game. Yeahhhhhh I don't think you're going to use them that much in really games.
If you hold down P, you can make it so that your partner does not attack while you're attacking, and when you let go, that's when they'll do their assist.
I know that u can do this, but whenever I call my partner out I switch to GO CRAZY GO STUPID and my only focus is to hit the enemy as much as possible, so maybe I'll use that later when I have better grounding. :p I'm at least aware enough to grab the opponent if they're stuck blocking because my partner is attacking them, but otherwise it's just hit them with whatever.
I was watching your combo videos a few times over today as well! Of course I don't have Gordeau/Heart/etc. in the demo but it's nice to finally be able to watch them and understand what's actually happening in the video and what you're doing.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Today's progress! I mostly focused on Distortion Attacks. Like I did the lesson on them on my first day, but there were so many things to keep track of and that was one of the (many) things that I just kinda... forgot about. But I understand them now! :] I also switched back to the Pro Controller (using the dpad to move) since joycon drift still exists. I did adjust quickly tho and I feel more comfortable with this now than I ever did with the joycons. I played quite a lot today but in every game in the last half hour or so, I was using every move in Hyde's kit and I was consistently doing all of them as well with almost no misinputs. Well... Dark Lotus and Bend Sinister weren't clicking with me (236A236A or 236B236B). I can do 236A/B just fine, but trying to do a second one afterwards wouldn't work. Maybe I'm doing it too quickly or slowly to be in the timeframe where you can do that? But whatever, I'm able to do every other move consistently and I had a ton of progress today anyways so I'll take it! And on top of all of that, I've got what each bar on the bottom is for and how each of them charge. Sooooo maybe I'm ready to work on combos?
It is a shame that the Demo doesn't allow you to try out the Character Missions, since they do teach you about what each character can do combo wise, but the problem is with those are they are too short and they don't go into full depth of what each character can do combo wise. But hey, I 100%'d all of the Tactics Mode just for the call Titles for my Player Card. :V

Since Gordeau being my main, one his most basic Bread And Butter combos is simply 5AAA>5BB>2C>2B>sjc j.AB>j.ABC>j.DP which does over 6k of damage, which isn't too bad. But I think Gord's B&B would usually be best to read the opponent's burst

I did kinda throw out a lot of distortion attacks that probably could've been punished, but again I was moreso working on being able to consistently use them in a game.
Also, during my second Very Hard CPU game, I got to use my first astral finish in an actual game. Yeahhhhhh I don't think you're going to use them that much in really games.
Surprisingly, Astrals can be quite useful in matches. Since you could be on your last character and your opponent's could be still healthy (Example could be say your Vatista has 10% of her health left, and their Mitsuru has 72% of their health left), so if you catch them in one combo and you have 9 bars, perfect opportunity to go for an Astral, since Astrals are basically instakills. I've gotten Gordeau's Astral several times on some opponents because of them making a mistake, such as trying to jump away (The first few frames of the jump animation you cannot block in) or threw out a risky move. Sure, most of them were just a simple 5BB>222BC. But hey, it works. I sometimes do it to even style on my opponents. :V

I know that u can do this, but whenever I call my partner out I switch to GO CRAZY GO STUPID and my only focus is to hit the enemy as much as possible, so maybe I'll use that later when I have better grounding. :p I'm at least aware enough to grab the opponent if they're stuck blocking because my partner is attacking them, but otherwise it's just hit them with whatever.
I was watching your combo videos a few times over today as well! Of course I don't have Gordeau/Heart/etc. in the demo but it's nice to finally be able to watch them and understand what's actually happening in the video and what you're doing.
I know that feeling, I do that too so I can put on a lot of pressure on my opponent. Hell, I even do it when I get my opponent in a sandwich situation. Though this would usually be with Nine/Gordeau that I am currently running until 2.0 drops. Where I'll go and try out her sister, Celica instead along with Susano'o, Adachi and Blitztank and see who works best with Gordeau out of the four. But I'm glad that to hear that! If I can, I'll try and find some stuff involving Akihiko, Vatista and Heart in 1.5 for you whenever I can be bothered. :V

Also, the new Scooby Doo! movie looks really nice. I like how the animation flows and I know some aren't too happy with the new VAs, but I think they do a great job. Oh, and the Sonic Movie looks better now. They finally fixed his design.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Sonic's live action redesign was officially revealed as part of a new trailer. The redesign looks better in a sense of it's Sonic, but for me, it makes Sonic look even more out of place because he looks more cartoon-ish. Sort of like a Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Looney Tunes: Back in Action out of place where you have the characters as themselves alongside actual people. It's not a bad thing; it's just you can definitely tell Sonic's not from here and in a sense of he's a fictional character rather than he's from some other planet or dimension. Previously, that's what his initial design felt like where Sonic looked like this weird, blue alien thing.

Also, has anyone seen the new Scooby Doo movie trailer? That was out there. All I could think of when I saw the thumbnail was, "So, this exists." I watched the trailer after seeing the new Sonic one and it's okay, I guess.

So, I booted up my PS3 to see if the PS3 switch worked on the Hori Soulcalibur VI fight stick and it did. The PS3 on the other hand, I became worried about since it's been a while that it was used. It needed to update, so whatever, but what was concerning was after it turned off as part of the update after I ejected MGS4 which had been sitting in there for who knows how long, when I tried to insert KoF XIII, it didn't sense that there was a disc. Pressing eject didn't do anything, so I tried to push the disc in to see if maybe if the sensor wasn't as good as it used to be. Well, it almost ate the damn thing which freaked me out. I think I restarted it and somehow worked where the PS3 recognized that there was a disc and properly mounted it and also when I pressed the eject button, properly ejected it.

Moving on from technical concerns, I went into the training with King who I knew had quarter circle and Shoryuken inputs, then Leona who I knew had charge inputs, then Mai who I did not know or remember that she had half circle inputs, and then Joe on a whim. Back dashing or double directional inputs will need to be worked on and jumps, especially diagonal jumps, will definitely need to be worked on. King was my first character using an arcade stick, so my execution was shaky. Quarter circle forward was okay and I didn't have trouble with quarter circle inputs on the PS3 from what I remember playing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and doing some of the trials or missions as they're apparently called. Quarter circle back or quarter circle forward from 2P I kept missing the down back input, so all I hit was down and back. Both got better by the time I used Mai.

Shoryuken inputs I remember always having trouble on the PS3 and it's much easier on the arcade stick. I think it's because there more control with using the a stick with your hand than with just your thumb, but it's ultimately down to personal preference. Some people do well with arcade sticks, some with gamepads, some with keyboards, some with hitboxes, and some with piano keyboards. Anyway, I was able to get Shoryuken inputs from 2P more consistently than from 1P. That was interesting.

Next is Leona and charge inputs, I thought she had a charge move in the air and I was wrong. X Calibur, her air special, is a QCB motion move. For some reason, I thought it was a charge input. Charge inputs are weird. They're not difficult as an idea, but the actual execution, the timing, and actually being able to use them in a combo are what I would need to learn or get used to in regards to timing.

I chose Mai on a whim, but when I found out she had a half circle motion move, trying her out ended up being a good thing. HCF and HCB were both fine. Not on point fine, but I feel like it's not a difficult input. Like Mai, Joe was picked on a whim and then I remember that he has two half circle inputs. In particular, his projectile, Hurricane Upper, is a HCF motion. Tiger Kick is a Shoryuken motion, so I got to practice that as well.

I looked it up after typing up most of this, but DoA6 has quarter circle motions and I remember doing them when I first got my arcade stick. My guess is that DoA6's more lenient with the inputs than KoF XIII and KoF in general. Something I vaguely remembering and it might not be correct is that KoF is harsh on inputs which is probably why the pretzel motion is as notorious as it was on top of being a pretzel motion.

And for personal preference stuff, I think I might want to move where the hard kick button is from the second button of the bottom row to the third button of the top row. Essentially, I would hit HK with my ring finger instead of moving a finger down or using my thumb to hit the button to its right. I had done that with SCVI where there's a layout that switches kick and reversal edge? Same thing with DoA6, but I don't remember what buttons were switched. Incidentally, they were both Type B layouts. DoA and Soul Calibur have a guard button, so using my thumb for that is fine while my other fingers do whatever. With KoF, Tekken, and other four button games, I feel like I might just want to piano them. That is, just use the top row. When I think about it, it seems natural to me and part of me wants to attribute it to the few piano lessons I halfheartedly took and messing around with a guitar. I guess typing is also another factor. I would need to strengthen my ring and pink fingers, though, where I regret not taking piano more seriously and it would come with practice. For a six button game where only Street Fighter comes to mind, I might just do the same for both rows, but use my thumb occasionally for what I think would be the light kick button.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I have accidentally discovered what EODM07 EODM07 's home looks like.

As for FEH I got my Winter Teacher Waifu to +8 and that's where she'll stay because 450 and 500 Grails for 4 stats is atrocious obviously. I started building Subaki as well, +atk. I kind of wish Cormag came before Subaki's upgrade... They're essentially the same in terms of usage. Except Cormag wants QR3 and Subaki doesn't oops. Cormag's voice is amazing tho omg. So is his art. But that kitten line is so OP that it's almost unfair that he's allowed to exist.

So, Sonic's live action redesign was officially revealed as part of a new trailer. The redesign looks better in a sense of it's Sonic, but for me, it makes Sonic look even more out of place because he looks more cartoon-ish. Sort of like a Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Looney Tunes: Back in Action out of place where you have the characters as themselves alongside actual people. It's not a bad thing; it's just you can definitely tell Sonic's not from here and in a sense of he's a fictional character rather than he's from some other planet or dimension. Previously, that's what his initial design felt like where Sonic looked like this weird, blue alien thing.
With how Sonic looks, the only way for him to work in live action is to be as out of place as possible. Perhaps with more cartoonish aspects, like stretchy limbs and exaggerated faces. Like in Roger Rabbit/Space Jam. Chances are they're going to go the "realistic" route tho.

Also, has anyone seen the new Scooby Doo movie trailer? That was out there. All I could think of when I saw the thumbnail was, "So, this exists." I watched the trailer after seeing the new Sonic one and it's okay, I guess.
Scooby and Shaggy look so precious and I love them. While the newer animated series of Scooby Doo looked horrendous, it was one of the more entertaining renditions of Scoobert Doobert. At least this is a step in the right direction in terms of revamping the gang's animation/look. Let's hope the semi-wholesome and semi-random comedy stays.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I have accidentally discovered what EODM07 EODM07 's home looks like.
I have no idea why but YT shoved a ton of Toad videos in my face after this, so now you have to listen to these too.
WHAT
IS
THIS
okay but the first one had me cry-laughing

Edit: Oh I just noticed that the Male Wii Fit icon below my avi is back, I guess they decided to not make it premium-only anymore

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Firstly, something to announce to Cress! Cress! .

I've been labbing out some big damage combos involving Akihiko/Vatista and Akihiko/Heart. And with a little bit of help from the Akihiko mains in the BBTAG Discord, I found out that Akihiko/Vatista can reach 17k easy, the route I was originally doing made it reach 15k, but this other one can hit 17k.

I'll leave the notation here for you. :yeahboi:

This is the 17k combo that Akihiko players could find:
Aki/Vat combo (17k. Goes from Corner to Corner):
5A+P>66 (Up to Wind 3)>214B>66AAAA>BA>4P>214BB(CC)>5P>66 (Up to Wind 4)>2C>236BC>P

Apparently Akihiko/Vatista can reach 18k or even 20k as well, which means they can Touch of Death the whole entire cast if they can touch 20k. 18k, then only Tager and Waldstein will survive.

Here's the 15k combo I found:
Aki/Vat combo (15k. Goes from Corner to Corner):
5A+P>j.C>214C>66AAAA>BA>4P>214BB(CC)>5P>2C>236BC>P

Aki/Heart combo (15.7k. Goes from Midscreen to Corner):
5A+P>214B>66AAAA>BA>4P>sj.C>j.214CB(CC)>5P>214B>2C>236BC>P

Those were the numbers I could reach. At what cost? Getting a burn on my thumb from labbing so hard. :V

Also, one thing to note: Vatista is not going to be doing big damage, she's more a zoner, so max damage she'll reach solo is probably 8k or 9k, with Assists, probably 11k or 12k. And Heart is very meter reliant, since she can cancel out of her Specials with the aid of C. So if Heart does says 236B (Iron Fist of Love), you can do 6C to cancel the endlag and extend off of it.

Edit: Someone provided me a gif of a 17.5k combo of Akihiko/Vatista, so here you go Cress! Cress!

https://gfycat.com/meagercorruptinganue-bbtag It is the first GIF they show off, hopefully it'll be of help.

And now onto other stuff, I've been watching more Dr. Stone, it's been quite fun so far. I've just gotten up to where Senku meets Kohaku.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Firstly, something to announce to Cress! Cress! .

I've been labbing out some big damage combos involving Akihiko/Vatista and Akihiko/Heart. And with a little bit of help from the Akihiko mains in the BBTAG Discord, I found out that Akihiko/Vatista can reach 17k easy, the route I was originally doing made it reach 15k, but this other one can hit 17k.

I'll leave the notation here for you. :yeahboi:

This is the 17k combo that Akihiko players could find:
Aki/Vat combo (17k. Goes from Corner to Corner):
5A+P>66 (Up to Wind 3)>214B>66AAAA>BA>4P>214BB(CC)>5P>66 (Up to Wind 4)>2C>236BC>P

Apparently Akihiko/Vatista can reach 18k or even 20k as well, which means they can Touch of Death the whole entire cast if they can touch 20k. 18k, then only Tager and Waldstein will survive.

Here's the 15k combo I found:
Aki/Vat combo (15k. Goes from Corner to Corner):
5A+P>j.C>214C>66AAAA>BA>4P>214BB(CC)>5P>2C>236BC>P

Aki/Heart combo (15.7k. Goes from Midscreen to Corner):
5A+P>214B>66AAAA>BA>4P>sj.C>j.214CB(CC)>5P>214B>2C>236BC>P

Those were the numbers I could reach. At what cost? Getting a burn on my thumb from labbing so hard. :V

Also, one thing to note: Vatista is not going to be doing big damage, she's more a zoner, so max damage she'll reach solo is probably 8k or 9k, with Assists, probably 11k or 12k. And Heart is very meter reliant, since she can cancel out of her Specials with the aid of C. So if Heart does says 236B (Iron Fist of Love), you can do 6C to cancel the endlag and extend off of it.

Edit: Someone provided me a gif of a 17.5k combo of Akihiko/Vatista, so here you go Cress! Cress!

https://gfycat.com/meagercorruptinganue-bbtag It is the first GIF they show off, hopefully it'll be of help.
Oh wow, thank you! Although I'd hate to bring it up, but there's a chance that these combos might not work after 2.0 if he gets nerfs, right?

Anyways I just finished Persona 3. It was nice, I liked the story and characters! The gameplay felt average for an RPG (I think Bravely spoiled me too much), so I definitely don't plan on going onto any other Persona games, at least in the near future. Although I still have The Answer to do, but I need a bit of a break. I actually did like NOT having full control of the party (it was the thing that made me choose 3 as my first Persona game), so losing that in the other games kinda feels like a bad thing for me personally. :p

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Oh wow, thank you! Although I'd hate to bring it up, but there's a chance that these combos might not work after 2.0 if he gets nerfs, right?
No worries, glad myself and the Akihiko mains in the BBTAG Discord could band together to help out!

Also, I should mention this... While Akihiko is a Top Tier in the current meta... He actually got buffed in 2.0. He now has his parry where if he duck and weaves during an attack, he'll parry it and he'll gain meter. So Akihiko may possibly be the best character in the game once 2.0 drops. The only thing that did get nerfed with his 236x which is Corkscrew. So he's pretty much the same, so combos like that should still work, though he may only be able to TOD the lower health pool of characters since almost everyone got a buff to their health (14k (i.e. Yukiko Amagi and Nu-13) characters now have 16k, and 16k (i.e. Ragna The Bloodedge and Linne) characters now have 17k. 18k (i.e. Gordeau and Kanji Tatsumi) and 20k (Tager and Waldstein) characters are left unchanged), we'll have to wait and see.

Info on buffs/nerfs have only been through word of mouth and through players going to demo kiosks at tournaments that held these. One was held at CEOtaku 2019 earlier this Autumn and one was at Revolution 2019 in the UK. So we will get official patch notes soon, fingers crossed. I'll provide a link when they do provide us with balance notes next week.

Also, I found out that Europe and the UK will get the update late again. PS4 owners in the EU/UK will get it on the 22nd of November, Switch owners in the EU/UK will get it on the 25th of November. Speaking of 2.0, I'm happy that we got some more information. :yeahboi:

We can now change the colour of our Avatars and change the Entrance and Online Lobby music. So you could say go with a green Vatista (IF that is a colour she can use) and have Kuma Kuma Circus! play in the background. Or those who are complete masochists will have Red Like Roses II or the RWBY OST play in those areas. :V

Anyways I just finished Persona 3. It was nice, I liked the story and characters! The gameplay felt average for an RPG (I think Bravely spoiled me too much), so I definitely don't plan on going onto any other Persona games, at least in the near future. Although I still have The Answer to do, but I need a bit of a break. I actually did like NOT having full control of the party (it was the thing that made me choose 3 as my first Persona game), so losing that in the other games kinda feels like a bad thing for me personally. :p
Well, it means you'll be able to appreciate Persona 4 more, since that allows you the option to control what each party member does, since I learned about that when I played P4 years ago and changed them so I could control them in battle. I have yet to beat Persona 4, since I stopped once I rescued Kanji.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I stumbled across a spooky, vulgar, and somehow cute cartoon called Hazbin Hotel. It's about the princess of Hell, who is basically a Disney princess, hoping to reform demons so they can go to Heaven... Instead of being mass-purged to make room for more souls.

100% my aesthetic. Spooky-cute with Disney wholesomeness wrapped in vulgarity. Basically Tangled's Rapunzel, but in Hell and 95% of the demon population sees her as a joke. lmaorip

The fans will probably be Homestuck cringey for obvious reasons. But look at how precious Hell's Disney Princess is. :^)

Inside_Every_Demon_is_a_Rainbow.jpg

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , I heard this on the radio today and the moment it started, I immediately thought of Zelda. "Good As Hell" by Lizzo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcA9qZWVpcs.

Music video version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmbmeOgWsqE.

I think what struck me is that no matter how bad (or good) Zelda is in Smash, Zelda players will always feel good as hell when when they can kick @@@ in all her majestic and sassy finery.
Lizzo exclusively creates Zelda Main anthems and she's obviously the IRL Gawdess of Sass. She helps us play Zelda all day, everyday, despite having a garbo character.

Though with all the adjustments coming out, it's only a matter of time before Zelda gets... Something. hahajkjk she's going to be the new Jigglypuff eeeeeee

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, L&D4 is now a thing. L&D seal when? Atk/Spd+17 and Def/Res-15 on Linus, Lon'qu, and Raven with L&D10.

On top of L&D4, we're also getting an inheritable anti-dragon dagger in the regular summoning pool, the axe version of Safeguard+ and Vanguard+, a 3* to 4* colorless dagger summoning pool insert, and our first summonable red bow. Disarm Trap is also now in the regular summoning pool, but Aether Raids is a thing.

Larum introducing Dragonslasher+ which is a regular summoning pool version of Cloud Maiougi+, introducing Spd/Res Gap 3, having Disarm Trap 3 could mean she won't demote because of the AR utility she has either by herself as a gen 4, physical ranged infantry dancer or through skill inheritance. Interesting we're getting three colorless infantry dagger units in a row, though.

The other colorless infantry dagger is Chad who has Rogue Dagger. He's around the same age as Lugh and Raigh, but neither of them have trainee BST or are trainees in their home games, so Chad is probably screwed and going to have gen 3, physical ranged infantry BST, so around 162 BST like Kronya who if I recall correctly, was the only gen 3, physical ranged infantry. All we know about him is that he has 42 HP, the same HP as Gaius, so RIP Gaius, I guess.

Next up is another lance cavalry: Perceval who has a personal lance called the Prized Lance. It has a Killer effect and a second effect where if his foe is at full health, he gets Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 and inflicts Guard on them. Yeah, Gleipnir, Ivaldi, and Regal Blade's "if foe's HP = 100%, grants Atk/Spd+3" sucks even more now. Hawk King Claw granting Tibarn a guaranteed follow-up attack on foes at full health and if he initiates is amazing and Perceval's Prized Lance granting him Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4, so even more stats, and inflicting Guard is stronger than Gleipnir, Ivaldi, and Regal Blade's weaker effect.

Axes are getting some love with Gerik introducing Firesweep Axe, but being a 5* locked unit with him having three passives, and now we're getting Echidna who introduces Rearguard+, the axe version of Safeguard+ and Vanguard+. She also introduces Brazen Spd/Res and all I can think of are speed meme builds with Alfonse and Chrom with Sealed Falchion. Considering her others skills are Sol and Drive Atk, she looks like she'd be the demote over Larum. In Binding Blade and according to the wiki, she's a pretty balanced pre-promoted Hero with even growths in defense and resistance and her base defense is only 1 higher than her base resistance; 8 Def to 7 Res. So, she probably would be like Libra, but with switched Atk and Spd as her strength and speed growths are the same in Binding Blade, but her base speed is higher than her base strength at 18 Spd to 13 Str. She's still going to be in a rough spot because of Ross who while introduced as a 3* to 4* insert, he retained his trainee status, so he has the same BST as gen 4 melee infantry and unless her speed is noticeably high, Echidna having good, but not high resistance might not be as good as Ross trading speed and some resistance relative to her, Libra, and summer Ylgr for having very high base attack. On that note, no axe infantry unit has >= 32 Res as the highest resistance belongs to Helbindi at 31 Res.

And the last unit on the banner is Igrene, Hawkeye's daughter, and she comes with with a personal bow, the Guardian's Bow which has a Killer effect and a speed check effect that inflicts Atk/Spd/Def-5 on her foe. She introduces L&D4 and has Blazing Wind, Special Spiral, and Pulse Smoke. She is loaded to say the least. The speed check is similar to the effect on unique refined Mulagir which grants CYL Lyn Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4. It's slightly stronger, though, since Atk/Spd/Def-5 is effectively Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 for Igrene and it sort of lets her cancel out the defense penalty from L&D3. For specials, though, unique refined Mulagir's effect would mean more damage from stat specials since Lyn's Atk, Res, and Def for what that's worth, are being increased, so those specials will do more damage.

Additionally, the next TT unit is Brunnya, a sage from Bern and one of the three Dragon Generals. She's the Camus of Binding Blade and she has Fimbulvetr and Bolting in her inventory when you fight her. Fimbulvetr would likely be a green tome considering Guddthra's Blizzard and this would make Brunnya a green infantry mage while Bolting has been the idea for Ursula, but if it appeared with Brunnya, it could go either way as a personal or inheritable tome and Brunnya would probably be a blue infantry mage. Bolting would be like a Firesweep tome.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Okay. First off, the new Opening for UNIClr is such a banger, holy crap.

Also, fun fact. Terry Bogard's VA also voices Carmine in Under Night and BBTAG. Let that sink in.

Second of all, we got new intros and colours found in BBTAG 2.0 at ARCRevo which I'm happy for. :yeahboi:
One new intro found was with Heart and Mika. So that's :nifty:, and I got some combos recorded and will post them onto YouTube later today.

I have been watching more My Hero Academia, Dr. Stone and waiting on Fire Force to get its new episode.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also, fun fact. Terry Bogard's VA also voices Carmine in Under Night and BBTAG. Let that sink in.
I'm more concerned at how his English VA is Greg Chun. The guy who voices chill af characters like Ike and Lukas. The guy who seductively read a cheesecake recipe. And now as Carmine, he won't shut up about splattering blood everywhere. UNIB is just a secret bad ending to Octopath where Ogen dies and Alfyn goes insane

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like Kondo Takashi's Carmine as he makes him sound maniacal. His Terry on the other hand is good with the grunts and okay to not that great with the spoken lines. His delivery for Buster Wolf is the biggest one. Hashimoto Satoshi's, Terry's previous voice actor since it seems like Terry's debut according to the wiki, delivery for "Are you okay?" sounds fun while "Buster Wolf!" is over the top and it's great. Kondo's delivery on the other hand is hit or miss with "Are you okay?" and his "Buster Wolf!" falls flat or sounds very strained at times.

It's kind of like Captain Falcon where the exciting delivery of his quotes is what gives that magic to Captain Falcon beyond this fast guy who has cool-looking moves. Without it, you lose that magic and that's what it feels like with Terry's current voice actor. I get why SNK went with a giant shift in voice actors, assuming it was for cost reasons, but I wished they kept Hashimoto or were able to find a way for Kondo to deliver Terry's iconic lines better.

For Ultimate, in general, it's kind of hit or miss for some reason with audio. Terry sounds worse in Ultimate than in KoF XIV, All Star, and probably Fighting EX Layer. I think part of it is the mixing might be off and I've talked about this before. For instance, Falco and Roy sound weirdly loud in English while Wolf sounds strangely quiet in English and I think in Japanese if I remember what he sounds like. Then there's Greg Chun's Ike sounding off compared to in Heroes. It's not all bad like Zelda's current voice is good.

I'm more concerned at how his English VA is Greg Chun. The guy who voices chill af characters like Ike and Lukas. The guy who seductively read a cheesecake recipe. And now as Carmine, he won't shut up about splattering blood everywhere. UNIB is just a secret bad ending to Octopath where Ogen dies and Alfyn goes insane
Greg Chun also voiced Raz in Valkyria Chronicles 4 and from what gameplay I've seen of Valkyria Chronicles 4, he's anything but chill.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. ArcRevo came to an end, and once again. I'm disappointed by the results of BBTAG's Top 8. :V

...I mean, when aren't I? Probably when Ruby and Yang don't win a tournament. :yeahboi:

But anyway, I didn't get to see the whole of BBTAG's Top 8, but I had a feeling that I wouldn't be happy with the results, oh well. Thems the breaks.

Also, glad I could help out along with the Akihiko mains in the BBTAG Discord with some of those combos Cress! Cress! . :yeahboi: I know you already saw it on YT, but might as well repost it here.

I'll also leave my playlists of Gordeau and other combos if anyone wants to check them out.

Gordeau Combo Playlist
Misc. Combo Playlist

By the way, we now have patch notes available! I'm curious on what they've done to the characters, but I am concerned about the Gordeau changes, since it feels like two buffs they gave him in the Playable Demos are gone, since they never addressed them in the notes. Those were being that his 2A and 5B got buffed, but now it seems like they got rid of those. This is really concerning to me, since if this keeps up, Gordeau may end up being the worst character in the game. However, I am happy with the buffs he did get, but I honestly think he may end up being Bottom 5.

Also, here's the PDF link if anyone wants to take a look at the patch notes:

BBTAG 2.0 Patch Notes

Also thought I'd leave a quick tier list I made from my thoughts on 2.0 going forward. Haven't put the 9 newcomers on here, and they didn't put Seth into this Tiermaker, so he's missing, but if he was in this, he would easily be S Tier.

1574079669045.png

I like Kondo Takashi's Carmine as he makes him sound maniacal. His Terry on the other hand is good with the grunts and okay to not that great with the spoken lines. His delivery for Buster Wolf is the biggest one. Hashimoto Satoshi's, Terry's previous voice actor since it seems like Terry's debut according to the wiki, delivery for "Are you okay?" sounds fun while "Buster Wolf!" is over the top and it's great. Kondo's delivery on the other hand is hit or miss with "Are you okay?" and his "Buster Wolf!" falls flat or sounds very strained at times.

It's kind of like Captain Falcon where the exciting delivery of his quotes is what gives that magic to Captain Falcon beyond this fast guy who has cool-looking moves. Without it, you lose that magic and that's what it feels like with Terry's current voice actor. I get why SNK went with a giant shift in voice actors, assuming it was for cost reasons, but I wished they kept Hashimoto or were able to find a way for Kondo to deliver Terry's iconic lines better.

For Ultimate, in general, it's kind of hit or miss for some reason with audio. Terry sounds worse in Ultimate than in KoF XIV, All Star, and probably Fighting EX Layer. I think part of it is the mixing might be off and I've talked about this before. For instance, Falco and Roy sound weirdly loud in English while Wolf sounds strangely quiet in English and I think in Japanese if I remember what he sounds like. Then there's Greg Chun's Ike sounding off compared to in Heroes. It's not all bad like Zelda's current voice is good.

Greg Chun also voiced Raz in Valkyria Chronicles 4 and from what gameplay I've seen of Valkyria Chronicles 4, he's anything but chill.
I'll say this, I think the best version of Terry was in Capcom vs. SNK 2. You could tell how great the build up and delivery is on his lines, audio is crisp, clear and loud. I even think Zangief in CvS2 is the best voice wise. Maybe it's because of the Finest KO shenanigans.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Gill is joining Street Fighter V. It's been a while hearing Liam O'Brien's voice. The Champion Edition feels like it's the last hurrah for Street Fighter V which has been a flawed game to say the least.

As for FEH, no Echidna, but I got red archer Ophelia and Owain instead. Hopefully Echidna demotes and she actually shows up.
3* Beruka: +Atk, -Spd,

4* Felicia: +HP, -Spd.

4* Jagen: +Spd, -Res.

3* Klein: +Res, -Def.

4* Legault: +Spd, -HP.
4* Bantu #1: +Res, -Atk.

3* Raigh: +Res, -Atk.

4* Seliph: +Def, -Res.

4* Shigure: +Def, -Spd.

3* Soleil #1: +Def, -Res.
4* Barst: +Atk, -Res.

4* Camilla: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Clarine: +Res, -Atk.

3* Mae: +Res, -HP.

4* Soren: +HP, -Atk.
4* Bantu #2: +Res, -HP.

5* Igrene: +HP, -Def.

4* Jeorge: +Atk, -Res.

5* Owain: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Soleil #2: +Spd, -Res.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also thought I'd leave a quick tier list I made from my thoughts on 2.0 going forward. Haven't put the 9 newcomers on here, and they didn't put Seth into this Tiermaker, so he's missing, but if he was in this, he would easily be S Tier.

I meant to reply to this yesterday oop
Wow Aigis is a low tier, this really is Persona 3! :secretkpop:
I thought I remembered Yuzuriha being pretty good, but I did hear that she got nerfs. They hurt that much huh? Also pretty sad seeing Gordeau that low, since he was everywhere in 2018 I believe. At least from the tournament videos I've seen, Gordeau and Ruby were SUPER popular, and now they're on complete opposite ends of the list :_(
Also I thought v No 13 was kinda popular, at least I see her quite a bit in videos. Was she nerfed or is she the popular/favorite low tier?

Also more questions about buying the game! So I think you said that the special edition would be released physically in NA, but where would I buy it? Looking online, I can only find listings for a japanese copy of it (which wouldn't be a problem I guess since the Switch is region-free, but I'd rather not import something if I don't need to). Maybe listings for it aren't up yet??

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I meant to reply to this yesterday oop
Wow Aigis is a low tier, this really is Persona 3! :secretkpop:
I thought I remembered Yuzuriha being pretty good, but I did hear that she got nerfs. They hurt that much huh? Also pretty sad seeing Gordeau that low, since he was everywhere in 2018 I believe. At least from the tournament videos I've seen, Gordeau and Ruby were SUPER popular, and now they're on complete opposite ends of the list :_(
Also I thought v No 13 was kinda popular, at least I see her quite a bit in videos. Was she nerfed or is she the popular/favorite low tier?
Well, that tier list was hastily made, so I just made it upon speculation and I could be completely wrong on the character placements (Yuzuriha could still be very strong. Mitsuru could possibly be still borked af, etc.)... Except with where Makoto and Platinum are sitting. :V

But ArcSys have been nerfing Aegis and Labrys slowly. Whereas Makoto has been Low Tier and has been getting nerfed in every patch, I think she'll be a Bottom Tier or end up in Yukiko Tier.

And the thing is Gordeau got nerfed in 1.5, whereas Ruby only got a slap on the wrist. If I had to put a better analogy into this... Gordeau lost his legs, Ruby just got a bruise on her finger. And hopefully 2.0 will give Gordeau his legs back. Another comparison would be that Gordeau is Naofumi from Shield Hero, Ruby is Malty from Shield Hero.

Also more questions about buying the game! So I think you said that the special edition would be released physically in NA, but where would I buy it? Looking online, I can only find listings for a japanese copy of it (which wouldn't be a problem I guess since the Switch is region-free, but I'd rather not import something if I don't need to). Maybe listings for it aren't up yet??
Ah crap! I forgot! ArcSys hasn't been really focusing on providing physical releases of 2.0 in America. Unfortunately, you'll either have to get a physical copy of the vanilla release or download it off the eShop. I forgot about that! I'm sorry!

1574240547946.png

1574240512033.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
A nice song to add to the B•GAL, thanks to Youtube Recs for finally giving me something new2me+good:

Anyway, for FEH I put in 60 orbs between 2 different banners. I got Loki, who ofc, is pretty useless since I don't care about the Arena. BUT I ALSO GOT NAILAH AGAIN SO YEEEEEEEEE. Gotta love that x2 prime fodder wrapped up into 1 character. I was wondering if I should build Hawkeye to +10. While he's a husbando, he's not an amazing husbando like the way Oliver is.

We're also 2-3 weeks away from the next batch of refines. Here's to hoping they remember Lyon as a single unit actually exists. :^)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Well, that tier list was hastily made, so I just made it upon speculation and I could be completely wrong on the character placements (Yuzuriha could still be very strong. Mitsuru could possibly be still borked af, etc.)... Except with where Makoto and Platinum are sitting. :V

But ArcSys have been nerfing Aegis and Labrys slowly. Whereas Makoto has been Low Tier and has been getting nerfed in every patch, I think she'll be a Bottom Tier or end up in Yukiko Tier.

And the thing is Gordeau got nerfed in 1.5, whereas Ruby only got a slap on the wrist. If I had to put a better analogy into this... Gordeau lost his legs, Ruby just got a bruise on her finger. And hopefully 2.0 will give Gordeau his legs back. Another comparison would be that Gordeau is Naofumi from Shield Hero, Ruby is Malty from Shield Hero.
I think most of my shock comes from the fact that I've mostly heard good things about every character (well except for Platinum and Yukiko, they sound like Jigglypuff and Zelda respectively ngl). So, yeah.
Ah crap! I forgot! ArcSys hasn't been really focusing on providing physical releases of 2.0 in America. Unfortunately, you'll either have to get a physical copy of the vanilla release or download it off the eShop. I forgot about that! I'm sorry!
Hmmmm, I'll wait a few more days to look around. I'd rather not download it since Switch storage space is pathetic, but it seems like I'd have to pay $45 for all of the DLC characters if I got it physically. So I'd have to find the game for like $5 to match the total price of the special edition and I've only seen it down to $25...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. 2.0 is now out! :yeahboi:

Only downside is EU/UK Owners on Switch will have to wait till Monday for the 9 DLC Characters, but at least I get to have some fun with the new stuff! <3

I think most of my shock comes from the fact that I've mostly heard good things about every character (well except for Platinum and Yukiko, they sound like Jigglypuff and Zelda respectively ngl). So, yeah.
Yukiko was often regarded as the worst character in the game, she was so bad that she had her own tier in tier lists named "Yukiko Tier". Think how Roll in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 had her own tier as well. It's similar to that.

But she did indeed get buffed. So she's no longer sitting in Yukiko Tier anymore, that belongs to Platinum and Makoto from the looks of things. Kanji used to be down there as well, but these buffs he got actually made him a character. HE LEARNED HOW TO RUN! And Blitztank has Mine Loops in the corner.

Gordeau?... He's still bad.

And players have been looking at the new interactions between all of the new characters including those in DLC Pack #7. Naoto Kurogane has some of the best in my opinion. So does Teddie.

Hmmmm, I'll wait a few more days to look around. I'd rather not download it since Switch storage space is pathetic, but it seems like I'd have to pay $45 for all of the DLC characters if I got it physically. So I'd have to find the game for like $5 to match the total price of the special edition and I've only seen it down to $25...
That is a shame, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully the game will go on sale soon, so then you can go and pick it up yourself.

Also, this theme is a banger:

1574332522270.png

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I wonder will this social make it to 100 pages before Smash Ultimate is a year old (Dec 7th). It seems pretty tight-knit at the moment, but who knows? Best case scenario it’s a tie.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I wonder will this social make it to 100 pages before Smash Ultimate is a year old (Dec 7th). It seems pretty tight-knit at the moment, but who knows? Best case scenario it’s a tie.
Sis, you tryin' to incite mass spam posts to hit 100 pages asap? It's just pointless enough to work! Let's see if our lazy gorls can help.
inb4 50% of these aren't even gorls here anymore and I was typing these between 3 tabs/posts so idk which got saved and who was missed oops

Nammy12 Nammy12
McKnightlíght McKnightlíght
Y2Kay Y2Kay
Burgundy Burgundy
Katy Parry Katy Parry
S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9
Lavani Lavani
Koiba Koiba
KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons
Alacion Alacion
Rickster Rickster
Alacion Alacion
JigglyZelda003 JigglyZelda003
Jaguar360 Jaguar360
Suicidal_Donuts Suicidal_Donuts
S StoicPhantom
Aussie1024 Aussie1024
Gay Ginger Gay Ginger
Codebox Codebox
TTTTTsd TTTTTsd
evmaxy54 evmaxy54
Berserker. Berserker.
Brinzy Brinzy
Eremitaviola Eremitaviola
Rion Rion
Luminario Luminario
~The Koopa King~ ~The Koopa King~
meleebrawler meleebrawler
DNeon DNeon
~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~
J Jimbo Jumbo
Mad Duck Mad Duck
Freelance Spy Freelance Spy
A Arwon
Fernosaur Fernosaur
HotSummer HotSummer
BJN39 BJN39
Fuujin Fuujin

And I guess Cress! Cress! Ffamran Ffamran EODM07 EODM07 Lorde Lorde Buddhahobo Buddhahobo even tho you 5 gorls R•A•R•E•L•Y post :secretkpop:

OK so now that's out of the way...
I guess we can compile and discuss...
Zelda combo/useful Zelda stuff for once?

SecretZPop Smol.png

jk maybe let's just post our favorite videos/pictures or something idk??? Like the Zelda's Truth $#%#post video I will never regret posting.

Top Bottom