• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

HeaISIot68

Smash Rookie
I never thought I'd se the day where Zelda's sweetspot issues were addressed by the devs. How if her Bair and Fair could get the same treatment her Dair got and Nair was made more consistent and could drag down (as well as a faster grab and old D-tilt) she's pretty much set to go.
Also Din's Fire needs less ending lag so she can punish people or act quicker for those who try to dodge or shield it. Farore's Wind can use less end lag too so she can use it as a mobility tool to get out of pressure and help her horrid disadvantage state. Didn't her grab use to be faster?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I saw this too! I can’t believe up smash got more kill power of all moves, LMAO. I’m not complaining tho :secretkpop: I am intrigued to see if there is any applications with Jab—seeing as it got an end lag reduction
The flurry attack does deal slightly more damage than before (0.4%, instead of 0.2%), but that doesn't really change the fact that Kazuya can still tough out the hits and punish Zelda at lower damage percentages; Kazuya doesn't start flinching until he reaches 107.4% damage. And frankly, I kind of think that the developers could've done more to improve Zelda, which really prompted me to do my own modifications to Zelda's moveset.

HeaISIot68

Smash Rookie
The flurry attack does deal slightly more damage than before (0.4%, instead of 0.2%), but that doesn't really change the fact that Kazuya can still tough out the hits and punish Zelda at lower damage percentages; Kazuya doesn't start flinching until he reaches 107.4% damage. And frankly, I kind of think that the developers could've done more to improve Zelda, which really prompted me to do my own modifications to Zelda's moveset.
There's def a lot they can do with Zelda. Usmash and Dsmash does not need more knockback; she already has good kill power. What they needed was better horizontal and vertical hitbox. Usmash needs to be able to hit the person above the platform, right now it can't reach. I'll still take the buff of course its better then nothing lol. I'm curious what is your ideal modification to Zelda's moveset?

HeaISIot68

Smash Rookie
I saw this too! I can’t believe up smash got more kill power of all moves, LMAO. I’m not complaining tho :secretkpop: I am intrigued to see if there is any applications with Jab—seeing as it got an end lag reduction
I heard a commentator in a pro match mentioned that Jab1 can go to into Dsmash as a combo now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's def a lot they can do with Zelda. Usmash and Dsmash does not need more knockback; she already has good kill power. What they needed was better horizontal and vertical hitbox. Usmash needs to be able to hit the person above the platform, right now it can't reach. I'll still take the buff of course its better then nothing lol. I'm curious what is your ideal modification to Zelda's moveset?
The following link shows what kind of edits I've done to Zelda's moveset...

https://github.com/mnsg23/SSBU-Script-Edits/blob/main/zelda_smashline/src/zelda/mod.rs

Changes do range from the following...
  1. Knockback adjustments to certain moves. For an example, the flurry attack receives stronger BKB (more than enough to make Kazuya flinch, even at 0% damage), but sacrifices KBG as a drawback.
  2. The looping hits for the u-smash, n-air, and Nayru's Love can autolink aerial targets.
  3. Start-up and ending lag adjustments. This includes decreasing the amount of start-up that Zelda's grabs have.
  4. Follow-ups become easier to perform after using the d-throw.
Of course, people might not agree with some of the changes, as they do end up improving Zelda's KO move options along the way.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Destiny 2 is also nice, as seen in this intense gameplay

btw which one of you gorls is this? I thought it was me but I'd never wear a suit.

lastly, what's good, kweens?

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
WHY HELLO GORLIES, LONG TIME NO SEE! (And it seems a lot of you haven’t seen the Zelda Social in a long time either :secretkpop: )

Edit: Oops shared too much personal information, but I’ll shorten what I said:
I miss my days being part of the Smash community, and a lot of it has to do with where I am in life. But things are finally starting to look up for me, and maybe I’ll be able to actually come back soon. For real this time. RIP my fellow missing Sm4sh Zelda gorls.
:pikachu:

PS: Still waiting on TOs and the community as a whole to finally BAN•ZELDA :smash:She’s been terrorizing the scene for long enough!

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow, you know I am a true icon when I'm still a mod here even when it's been 400 years :secretkpop:

Or maybe the site is just too dead oop

Hope y'all lovelies have been doing well. Kinda weird how adult life so easily pushes gaming off the plate most of the time. Kinda sucks tbh! Can you believe I was 14 when I started frequenting SWF? Just wow. Does that really say 5000 messages? What the hell did I have to say so much about?? O right, Zelda. :secretkpop:

Zelda hasn't been changed in any of the last 5 patches right? That's like, one of the few things I still check lmao

Anyways, I hope all the old guard that still visits here have been doing fine! Made me who I am and I love you <3
Came to visit on a whim. Hope you're doing well!

I miss the Brawl days so much!

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
WHY HELLO GORLIES, LONG TIME NO SEE! (And it seems a lot of you haven’t seen the Zelda Social in a long time either :secretkpop: )

Edit: Oops shared too much personal information, but I’ll shorten what I said:
I miss my days being part of the Smash community, and a lot of it has to do with where I am in life. But things are finally starting to look up for me, and maybe I’ll be able to actually come back soon. For real this time. RIP my fellow missing Sm4sh Zelda gorls.
:pikachu:

PS: Still waiting on TOs and the community as a whole to finally BAN•ZELDA :smash:She’s been terrorizing the scene for long enough!
I'm really happy to hear things are getting better for you! It's been such a long time since I played Smash too.

I remember the days when I'd check the Sm4sh version of this social every day back in 2016, it seems so long ago now, I was 14 then, I'm 20 now! Whenever I look at my old messages here I remember how awkward and just plain odd I was to everyone here, and I owe you all one for putting up with me back when I had no friends and so turned to here for the company.

Perhaps one day, we can all come back together and finally bring down Zelda's top tier tyranny, once and for all!
But until then, take care of yourselves everybody!
:happysheep:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I always wonder if people here even play Zelda. v:
Well, this is my first post in this thread, but I play Zelda occasionally. She's not on my shortlist of characters, but she's fun and I do reasonably well with her. Might decide to play her more in the future - I love working on my lesser-played characters from time to time!

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I have a Switch now, but I've yet to buy Ultimate actually! The last time I played Smash at all would have been a couple of years back on 4 on the Wii U. I've totally fallen off watching competitive Smash too, so I've got no idea who's top of the world nowadays.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I have a Switch now, but I've yet to buy Ultimate actually! The last time I played Smash at all would have been a couple of years back on 4 on the Wii U. I've totally fallen off watching competitive Smash too, so I've got no idea who's top of the world nowadays.
I keep up with competitive! Sadly, Zelda isn't played often and is viewed as mid tier at best.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Was randomly thinking about this thread. A lot of good memories here. I see a lot of the gorls arent on these boards too much these days either, hope yall having a good life. :)

:150:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It’s strangely refreshing to return to this place from time to time… :D

I’m thirty days late, but happy 2023 patrons of the Zelda social! Just…heartwarming, really, that this site and place even still exist.

Eh? No troll comment to add? No GIF? Well, I’ll blame the second part on being mobile, but as far the first, well… BAN•ZELDA. :secretkpop: there, I’ve kept it •consistenT•

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Do you guys think BotW Zelda could be the main design for the next Smash title?
At the moment, I'd reckon so, but the next Smash game could still be a long way away, and there might be a new Zelda game by then that isn't BoTW 2. That's not to count BoTW Zelda out though, she'll probably take the spot if there isn't another mainline Zelda game before then.

It’s strangely refreshing to return to this place from time to time… :D

I’m thirty days late, but happy 2023 patrons of the Zelda social! Just…heartwarming, really, that this site and place even still exist.

Eh? No troll comment to add? No GIF? Well, I’ll blame the second part on being mobile, but as far the first, well… BAN•ZELDA. :secretkpop: there, I’ve kept it •consistenT•
Heyo! Yee, it's crazy to remember the days of Smash 4 when we'd all be posting away like Zelda's low-tier status depended on it. I was a really annoying teenager back then, now I'm just a mildly annoying adult. Progress I think!

How are you anyways BJN39?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
At the moment, I'd reckon so, but the next Smash game could still be a long way away, and there might be a new Zelda game by then that isn't BoTW 2. That's not to count BoTW Zelda out though, she'll probably take the spot if there isn't another mainline Zelda game before then.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the next Smash started development in a year or two.

Top Bottom