• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Hi gorls, and for Lil Puddin Lil Puddin I've brought another fantastic addition to the BGAL!

While FE Heroes is appropriately enjoying the beach currently, Dragalia is... celebrating New Year's again. I think either A) the game world only has 6 months in a year, or B) someone, somewhere (either in the game or irl) had a meltdown and really needed to celebrate New Year's in July. I'm not complaining tho because the music and rewards from it are gr8.
Also to Cress! Cress! , looks like it's a good thing I didn't get Pirate Warriors 3 yet?
Yep! And since this one is being developed for the Switch unlike 3 which was a quick port, I think it'll be safe to say that this one will have online.
Other than online play, idk what else they could add, 3 was already really fun. I played it a bit yesterday after 4's announcement and it still holds up well.

Edit: Page steal, this page is dedicated to waltzing Mathilda.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You should look up the Sonic Rush soundtrack, it's the same sort of groove as JSR
Noted. Speaking of soundtracks, Jet Set Radio Future featured a track called "Birthday Cake" by Cibo Matto whose lead singer was Miho Hatori, the first voice for Noodle of Gorillaz, and whose bass player was Sean Lennon, John Lennon's son. That was pretty interesting to learn and it was funny since whoever provided the voice for Beat in JSR made me think of Gorillaz. It's weird, but his "Nice" voiceline sounded like a "Yeah" from one of Gorillaz's songs. I think it was Gorillaz and if so, then I might have been 2-D.

Get well soon Ffamran! I know that feeling myself, especially when it comes to hayfever. That's when it gets real bad.
It got better. I should be fine by Tuesday, a week after I caught this cold.

No Summer Ike or any... guys in general? Easy skip.
Meanwhile, Wolt.

So, the update dropped for FEH.
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem.../summer_refreshes_units_level_1_and_40_stats/.

Summer Ursula's 36 HP, 36 Atk, 34 Spd, 16 Def, and 28 Res gives her 150 BST and she has a HP superboon and defense and resistance superbanes. Compared to her normal self, +1 HP, +7 Atk, +2 Spd, -3 Def, and -2 Res. Compared to the other colorless dagger cavalry, well, she's basically a powercreeped summer Linde. She has +3 HP, +2 Atk, -1 Spd, +2 Res over summer Linde's 33 HP, 34 Atk, 35 Spd, 16 Def, and 28 Res. Summer Gunnthra fares better with her being faster, but having lower resistance despite Gunnthra being her weird I have average to low resistance, but my default skills emphasize on having high resistance self. Summer Gunnthra's 39 HP, 33 Atk, 37 Spd, 17 Def, and 24 Res means summer Ursula has -3 HP, +3 Atk, -3 Spd, -1 Def, and +4 Res compared to summer Gunnthra.

Summer Fiora's 40 HP, 32 Atk, 37 Spd, 26 Def, and 28 Res gives her 163 BST. She's a red Cynthia who has 38 HP, 32 Atk, 37 Spd, 27 Def, and 29 Def. With there only being two sword fliers in the 3* to 4* summoning pool and everyone else being 5* and even seasonal, summer Fiora doesn't face the same competition that Cynthia does where you have a bunch of lance fliers with similar stat spreads in the 3* and 4* summoning pool and the 5* summoning pool. The point being is that summer Fiora would be a great option for a F2P Firesweep Sword flier since she has the same speed as Caeda, but much higher base attack and much higher speed than Palla. Everyone else is 5*-only which means they can get assets and boons, but they might be harder to get than summer Fiora who herself will be slower to merge because grails. At +10 merge, her offenses would be like 33/38 since HP, Atk, and Spd are her highest stats, so they get +5 from +10 merges rather than +4 after that merge update. That means she'd be like a +Spd NY Camilla who has 33/38 offenses; 33/35 neutral offenses.

Lastly, summer Fiora's skills: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cadydg/fiora_defrosted_illian_skills/. She gets Spd/Res Link as a 4* and Atk Smoke 3 as a 5*. She and Mordecai would be great friends.

Summer Lyn's 37 HP, 33 Atk, 38 Spd, 20 Def, and 27 Res gives her 155 BST and she has a HP superboon and a resistance superbane. Remember CYL Lyn? Make her a blue archer flier with Mulagir's Spd+3 as part of base stats. Compared to CYL Lyn, +2 HP, +3 Spd, +2 Def, -1 Res and compared to legendary Lyn, +1 HP, +2 Atk, +2 Spd, and -1 Def.

Summer Lilina's 35 HP, 38 Atk, 25 Spd, 16 Def, and 35 Res gives her 149 BST and she has attack and speed superboons and a defense superbane. Lilina really is Hector's daughter with that attack stat. Compared to her regular self, +1 Atk, -3 Def, and +4 Res and compared to her Love Abounds self, +1 HP, +3 Atk, -5 Spd, -4 Def, +9 Res. +Atk Summer Lilina with the Cleaner, Ouch Pouch, or an effective damage dagger is going to be so dumb.

Wolt's 40 HP, 34 Atk, 34 Spd, 25 Def, and 17 Res gives him 150 BST and he has a defense superboon and HP and resistance superbanes. Compared to Sue, +4 HP, +2 Atk, -4 Spd, +2 Def, and -3 Res. He's kind of like a green Takumi.

And here are the new weapons.
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cadmev/all_37_refines/.

So, Hermit's Tome retains Raigh's default Rauthwolf's effective against cavalry effect and adds on Dull Ranged as its main effect since effective damage is sometimes considered a free effect for personal weapons. The unique refinement is an -owl effect which works well with Raigh's balanced-ish stats. If you were to run a Close Counter build on him, Dull Close would let him negate field buffs from melee and ranged units and he could have enough bulk if enough allies surround him. Edit here: Dull Close can't be inherited by ranged units.

Luke has a Brave Sword and has an opposite effect of the Muspell and Nifl summer banner. I guess it works, but it's not like it was Death Blow or anything else really. Luke really should not be in the 5* summoning pool...

They freaking did it and Roderick has a personal Firesweep Lance. The unique refinement being Darting Blow is simple, but his lance's name is a bit weird now. It comes from his title, Steady Squire, but all the Steady skills are defensive. The speed races are on, but maybe +Atk Roderick might be better than +Spd especially since you can stack Darting Blow as his seal and his A passive would likely be L&D since Firesweep units shouldn't be getting hit in the first place unless you're doing something weird like a Firesweep Sword, Special Fighter Zelgius.

Matthew has a personal Rogue Dagger with Blizzard's -reverse -blade effect. Not much to say about that. It works and Matthew's affinity is wind in Blazing Blade as is Fiora's, but anyway, Gunnthra is a wind legendary, so they would be perfect on a team together. Matthew wouldn't really be able to benefit her unless he's running a Chill, Panic Ploy, or whatever, but both would get boosted damage from debuffed enemies.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ah, OK, so Matthew is just a weaker version of Gunnthra in terms of offense and a worse version of Saizo in terms of staying power. They should've just gave the dude a Rogue Dagger that's also a blade-dagger and called it a day. So only Roderick's refine is particularly good. Raigh got a cool tome. Now if only Canas had access to that tome.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Matthew is also getting done dirty by this upcoming banner too, considering Summer Lilina has a Blizzard-effect dagger herself, which is inheritable, albeit limited. Matthew only gets to be unique for less than 24 hours, so thanks IS :secretkpop:

Raigh was the luckiest, with innate Dull Ranged and cav effectiveness, as well as an Owl effect for a refine. His balanced statline also really complements the weapon's effect, which you can't really say with other mages with prfs that can access the Owl effect, like Soren and Katarina.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Holy crap! I'm listening to Jet Set Radio Future's soundtrack and it's amazing!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've just had a thought of what if Ragna made it into Smash Bros.?

And I know that is not possible, since while he could have a chance, the possibility of it happening is VERY VERY slim. But I like Ragna and Patrick Seitz does a fantastic job as him, I might as well leave some ideas here. Such as a trailer for him too. :V

Jab combo - 5A>5C
FTilt - 5B
DTilt - 2B
UTilt - 6A
FSmash - 5D
DSmash - 2D
USmash - 6D
NAir - j.B
FAir - j.C
UAir - Upper
BAir - j.C (Ragna swings his sword behind him and it turns him around)
DAir - Belial Edge (Drags the opponent down with Ragna)
Neutal B - Dead Spike
Side B - Gauntlet Hades (Press B afterwards to do the 2nd kick. Can double jump out of it as well)
Up B - Inferno Divider
Down B - Blood Scythe
Each one will have an enhanced version like Ryu & Ken do. Except Ragna can have his Distortions too based on how much meter he has.
236B - Dead Spike enhanced
214B - Gauntlet Hades enhanced
623B - Inferno Divider enhanced
214214B - Devoured by Darkness
632146B - Carnage Scissors
R+B - Rapid Cancel
Final Smash - Black Onslaught (If the opponent is over 100%, it'll kill instantly. And if it's the opponent's final stock, the announcer will yell "Astral Finish!", and have Ragna pose on stage)

Taunts:
Up Taunt - Ragna fixing his hair and collar, saying "Bring it!"
Side Taunt - Scratches his head, grumbling before saying "What is this? A playground?"
Down Taunt - Turns away from the camera swings his sword behind himself under arm.

Entrance - Exits a teleporter that Kokonoe made.

Victory Fanfare & Animatons:
Fanfare could be the Central Fiction Victory Theme when someone wins a fight.
Animation #1: Does the same pose as his art in Central Fiction.
Animation #2: Turns away from the camera, flicks his wrist and black wings show before disappearing.
Animation #3: Slams the Azure into the ground, before lifting the handle and rests his foot on it.

Colours:
#1: Default Ragna
#2: Blue and Blonde Ragna. Based on Jin Kisaragi, his brother.
#3: Black and Blonde Ragna. Based on Rachel Alucard.
#4: White Ragna. Based on Hakumen.
#5: Black, White and Brunette Ragna. Based on Celica A. Mercury.
#6: Orange Ragna. Based on both Taokaka and Jubei.
#7: Gold Ragna. Based on Kokonoe's Golden Tager Super.
#8: Dark Green Ragna. Based on Blanka from Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The last pull in my free summon circle gave me a +atk -spd Summer Lilina! I was planning on skipping this summer banner, but I will gladly accept an adorable cav dagger with 41 base atk lol. Blizzard dagger is pretty good, so I may eventually fodder her off idk.

Her statline is pretty cool for a horse unit–I'm glad they didn't make her a clone of Bath!Elise. It's too bad S!Ursula is so similar to S!Linde/S!Gunnthrá, though. All 3 colorless cav daggers are essentially interchangeable rip

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The last pull in my free summon circle gave me a +atk -spd Summer Lilina! I was planning on skipping this summer banner, but I will gladly accept an adorable cav dagger with 41 base atk lol. Blizzard dagger is pretty good, so I may eventually fodder her off idk.

Her statline is pretty cool for a horse unit–I'm glad they didn't make her a clone of Bath!Elise. It's too bad S!Ursula is so similar to S!Linde/S!Gunnthrá, though. All 3 colorless cav daggers are essentially interchangeable rip
She has a +Atk superboon, so she gets 42 base attack. The thing with inheriting her Deku Leaf -- seriously, that's all I could think of when I saw Broadleaf Fan -- is that she ties for the highest base neutral attack on a dagger unit with picnic Flora and Halloween Kagero. Difference being that both of them don't have +Atk superboon like her. Anyway, the thing is that if you're looking to stack as much attack as possible, then she's already at the top. Following her is spring Palla at 37 base neutral who has a +Atk superboon, Sothe at 36 base neutral, and then winter Cecilia, hot springs Hinoka, regular and ninjabbit Kagero, and festival Xander at 35 base neutral.

With summer Lilina being a seasonal unit, merging her isn't going to be easy, but for the high attack dagger units you could merge more easily, it might be not as painful by inheriting The Cleaner onto them which adds the opponent's bonuses to their attack, the opposite of Blizzard, Deku Leaf, and unique refined Spy's Dagger. You could even just inherit The Cleaner onto summer Lilina too and switch between them depending on your team and circumstances. The only thing going against summer Lilina is that she's a red dagger cavalry when we don't have a blue or green dagger cavalry. If she were blue, then all three Lilinas would cover the weapon triangle.

And speaking of summer Ursula being too similar to summer Linde and summer Gunnthra, guess what she showed up with? +Spd, -Res. She's basically a +Atk, -HP Gunnthra which isn't that great since Ursula's resistance is decent, but she's my only dagger cavalry so whatever. Her Scallop Blade looks like a shiv and it's so appropriate. The game trolled me with no colorless orbs for my first two full summons and getting repeat units where I'm past the point of being able to +10 merge some of them. Where are Barst, Bartre, Catria, Est, Merric, and Palla game!? No, here, have more Cains, Gwendolyns, and Roys. I still have yet to summon Thea, but I digress. So, I was about to call the banner done, but I decided to summon again and that time there were four colorless orbs. The first orb I picked was summer Ursula. I think I'm going to call the banner since she was the one I wanted to most.
3* Cain: +Spd, -Res.

4* Gwendolyn: +HP, -Def.

4* Mordecai: +Res, -Spd. So, he doesn't have access to Barrier/Berkut's Lance, but it could scale well with Fortress Def/Res and other resistance stacking stuff on him to make him a mixed tank.

4* Roy: +Spd, -Def.

3* Titania: +Def, -HP.

4* Clair: +Spd, -Def.

3* Lon'qu: +HP, -Spd.

4* Marth: +Spd, -Res.

4* Subaki: +HP, -Spd.

5* summer Wolt: +HP, -Spd. My only green cavalry archer, so that's nice. I just realized that his art reminds me of Tidus.

4* Lucius: +HP, -Atk.

4* Niles: +Res, -Def.

4* Olivia: +Def, -Atk.

3* Serra: +Atk, -Res. Serra, stop. I have way too many of you. Save it when you somehow win CYL or suddenly get an alt.

5* summer Ursula: +Spd, -Res. Weirdest thing about her is the new skill she introduced, Def/Res Ruse, is cavalry only.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I got Sword Rein for the 1st time yesterday, -hp/+atk. Except I have no plans on using him over L!Eliwood or Xander soooooooooo, yeah, a waste of a 5* pull.

Hi gorls, and for Lil Puddin Lil Puddin I've brought another fantastic addition to the BGAL!
mfw some gorl posts WendyVanity videos and now I'm being haunted:
mfw xcus me no.jpg

lmao tho I totally forgot she was a thing. **** posts that have corrupted souls give the Internet life.

I remember discovering her way back then when I also stumbled across this wacky channel called Unkle Tom. He was taking care of his sick wife and needed something to pass the time, so he did some bizarre animations with a random story following a chick named Lammy. He and his sick wife did the voices for the character and the story. They were kinda awkward, creepy, sometimes funny, but they made me happy because that means his wife was fine enough to do voices and collaborate. He hasn't posted in 2 years but he did like a video just 5 days ago so they must be alright-ish. I hope so, anyway.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Is zelda still a bannable offense or has she become legal?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider during the Steam sale and yeah, I'm really liking it. I was craving more Tomb Raider after playing and beating Tomb Raider (2013). It's been on sale several times, but was always around $11 to $12 at first before slowly dropping to around $10. Well, right before the Steam summer sale began, Square Enix had a publisher sale and Rise dropped down to $9 to which I thought about it before caving in and buying it on the last day of the Steam sale. The sequel feels like the previous game where it reminds me of older games like Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, and the older 3D Zelda games where you have these open levels that may or may not be connected to each other depending on the game, you collect things through story progression or by exploring, have dungeon areas with puzzles, and so on. Gameplay is similar to the previous game, but expanded on like Lara can craft arrows on the fly and make improvised explosives with objects you can pick up and throw now. It's a more of the same feel I'm getting which isn't to say that's a bad thing.

So far, the only things I don't like about it are that weapon attachments are permanent and it crashes sometimes. Sure, weapon attachments are upgrades, but they're attachments and for some of them like suppressors, it would have been nice if you could attach or detach them. You could in the previous game, but not in this game for some reason. The crashes I'm not sure what's up with them. I don't think I'm pushing the system too hard as I monitor the temperature and usage of my CPU and GPU while playing. It might be a problem with the reboot sequels in general. Rise and Shadows of the Tomb Raider and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for that matter people have had issues with them crashing on start or during gameplay which didn't really happen with Tomb Raider (2013).

Another game I've been thinking of playing is Warframe. I heard about it way back when it started, but never got into it. The main reason being that I didn't have a system that could run it. Now, having seen how far it has come and that its lore and story is pretty twisted, I'm intrigued. What still deters me from playing the game is that it's really grindy and I have a giant backlog which I'd rather focus on. Considering that I almost bought Monster Hunter: World during the Steam sale, I figured that if I were to play a grindy game, it would have to be one game. It's free to play, though, so I can pick it up and drop it whenever, but still. Also, apparently fire is bad and the one fire-based Warframe, Ember, who has a nice design has been constantly nerfed because apparently rampaging through low level missions is a bad thing even though newer Warframes like Equinox can do it. Except for early on, Ember was never good or that powerful and now she just exists along with some other Warframes. I guess Ember is the Zelda of Warframe. She's literally Din's Fire if Din's Fire was Zelda's entire moveset.

Moving on from me playing games and to me listening to music. Someone made -- what I think is the right term for it -- a tribute album to Jet Set Radio and it's pretty awesome. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBt8ioYEXBw.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Is zelda still a bannable offense or has she become legal?
Now people want to actually BAN her because they can't figure out how to deal with her like, at all.

It's Project M zelda all over again. I await the crybabies to win, and Zelda to be nerfed.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Ultimate Zelda nerfs are inevitable imo, especially since she actually has her own gimmick now so scrubs complain about having to learn the MU.

*war flashback of din's fire getting nerfed in smash 4*

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Eh, I feel like if she does get nerfs, it'll be to her final smash (since it is pretty ridiculous). Her standard moveset shouldn't get changed hopefully (unless it's buffs).

And if any heauxs really want Zelda banned from Smash then I can't wait to see how they react to how bannable she is in Hyrule Warriors! She also seems bannable in Cadence of Hyrule too? Last I checked, the story mode world record was with her. So yea, she's kinda a broken character in every game except Smash.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

You're welcome. (Also, Edelgard can be S Supported by F!Byleth)

Anyway, onto other stuff as usual.

Been playing some more DotB for the new Event SRs from the AniMare collab. So far, I've had no luck whatsoever, but I still got a while to go before the event ends.

I'll leave them in spoilers to show who are currently available during this event, and I would like to try and get them.

They're a bunch of Virtual YouTubers from what I recall and I'd like to get them before the Event ends, since when I did first Hololive Collab, I missed out on the original version of Fubuki and Ultimate Roboco. However, when it came to the 2nd Collab, I got almost everyone except Firefox Fubuki and I'd love to try and get all of the Event SRs in this Collab this time.

Also, anyone see the EVO Entrants results? Because I'm quite happy with how BBTAG and UNIST performed. 600+ for BBTAG is very good for a last place game and UNIST breaking 1k is fantastic. Definitely will be checking those out, and maybe a part of Ultimate as well.

And now onto some Super Mario Maker 2 stuff. :V

If anyone wants to play some of my levels, I got some ready for you all. :yeahboi:

K95-M5Q-7MF
Y54-KT1-1QF
K97-N50-QTF
DRW-V3W-TMG

Go nuts.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
My 3DS battery broke a while ago in the middle of my Samus Returns playthrough, but I was finally able to replace it last week. Then a few days ago, I finished Samus Returns, which means I've now finished every mainline Metroid game! ...well excluding the original 1 and 2, I tried them but they felt too outdated so I just settled for the remakes instead. I'd still say that Super is my favorite 2D and Prime 3 is my favorite 3D.

Then moving on from that, I started Devil May Cry 3 after being too annoyed with 1 and this one plays so much better than the first. Hopefully I won't get distracted so that I can finish my first run before Three Houses comes out.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
it’s funny how easy DC/vantage makes AR. ares is a god: mine is +spd and he still sweeps teams. i supported him with velouria for the turn 1 bonfire, which is pretty dumb/broken. i regret not building this unit sooner tbh

this upcoming sunday’s weekly banner is one i’ve been waiting for for a while now. i’ve been wanting a hinoka for a long time after stupidly foddering the one i had back in 2017, and yet i still couldn’t pull her on the daily revival earlier this year. also i’ve been wanting cc fodder for units like jaffar and h!niles so the takumi focus is perfect for me. i’ve already pulled like 2 or 3 og!ryouma over the years and he has zero SI fodder so nty. his art is great though

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Then moving on from that, I started Devil May Cry 3 after being too annoyed with 1 and this one plays so much better than the first. Hopefully I won't get distracted so that I can finish my first run before Three Houses comes out.
Where is your motivation?

Hey, at least you weren't me where you started with DMC3 then played DMC4 and then DMC1 and DMC2. Going back to DMC1 was so weird and I played the PS2 collection where it seems like the HD collection changed the DMC1 controls to be more in line with the later DMC games. DMC1's original controls had triangle to jump and circle for Devil Arms whereas starting in DMC2, triangle was for Devil Arms and circle was for Style or other actions like Nero's Devil Bringer. At least square to use guns was the same in DMC1. The last time I remember being weirded out by a control scheme was with Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater where unlike other PS2 games, they didn't change the X and circle action overseas. In Japan, circle was used to confirm things while X was used to cancel things and the opposite happens overseas where X is used to confirm and circle is used to cancel. I got used to it a while since I played the demo a lot before renting and then buying the game, but it threw me off the first few times I played the game.

Anyway, I guess DMC1 is like many first entries into a series. If you weren't there when it began and even then, they can be awkward despite being really damn cool. Later games, sometimes even just one sequel, can end up refining the series so well and going back is definitely going to feel weird as the first didn't age well. So, play it for the experience to see where it all began where a unique thing with DMC is that DMC1 is where DMC and Bayonetta began and depending on the game, maybe just watch the cutscenes if you're really interested in the lore or want to watch some really old, campy voice acting. I'm not sure how you are going to feel after finishing DMC3, but your experience reminded me of how Proton Jon felt when he played Jet Set Radio to beat it when he played Jet Set Radio Future in his past. JSRF looks so refined compared to JSR.

So, Fire Emblem talk. Not Heroes, but Three Houses. With the game's release drawing near, the English voice cast has started to reveal themselves. There's probably some missing, but here's a collection of them: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/cemkpn/voice_megathread/.

Some standouts for me are Claude by Joe Zieja, Dimitri by Chris Hackney, Dorothea and Shamir by Allegra Clark, Petra by Faye Mata, and Seteh by Mark P. Whitten. So, Claude's mostly a fun one since while it was a one time thing, Joe Ziega voiced Fox McCloud in the Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins animation. I guess you could say he's a McClaude. That said, I do like his work as he's able to give a very serene, charismatic feel to his characters which was perfect for Fox and Jamke in Heroes and probably will work for Claude in Three Houses. Canas was dorky, but you could tell he was a gentle and kind person from Ziega.

The moment I saw Chris Hackney's name attached to Dimitri, I thought of Boey and Quan and apparently he voiced Simeon in Octopath Travelers, but I haven't heard his voice for Simeon yet. Boey and Quan alone show his range where Boey's voice is higher pitched and he's all grumpy while Quan has a lower pitched voice and sounds proud and bold. Allegra Clark and Mark P. Whitten are in a similar boat where I adore their performances. I remember hearing Allegra Clark first as Josephine in Dragon Age: Inquisition and then heard her again as Ione in Death's Gambit and was like, "Wait, is that Josephine?" Then she ended up voicing Karla and Ethlyn in Heroes. Her "I'll protect you!" for Ethlyn never stops sending chills, especially after learning what happens to Ethlyn and Quan in Genealogy of the Holy War. Mark P. Whitten's Lyon sold everything for me and I can't wait to hear more of his work. Also, funny thing is that Three Houses has Fox and Peppy through Claude and Seteh; Whitten voiced Peppy in the same animation.

I like Petra and I like Faye Mata's voice and her Lene, so yeah. Other characters who I'm not sold on, but whose voice actors stand out to me would be Annette being voiced by Abby Trott, Ignatz being voiced by Christian La Monte, and Sothis by Cassandra Lee Morris. Abby Trott is Laegjarn and Nanna's voice actress in Heroes and she also sung the English version of Smash Ultimate's theme "Lifelight". She apparently voiced Maya Fey once for Spirit of Justice. Christian La Monte if I recall correctly said he loved the Fire Emblem series, so it's awesome seeing him go from voicing Seliph, the second lord of Genealogy of the Holy War following his father Sigurd, and Roderick in Heroes to voicing Ignatz in Three Houses, his first work on a main series game. Sothis is kind of like Petra, but more so that I like Cassandra Lee Morris's voice. Mrgrgr. :p

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
ASDFGHJKL I FINALLY GOT SUMMER LAEGJARN AND SHE IS +SPE -RES AGGGGHHHH!!!!

I got pity broken by yglr, miciaih, summer laevatain, and summer helbindi along the way lmao

:150:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Nobody:
Youtube Recommendations:

it’s funny how easy DC/vantage makes AR. ares is a god: mine is +spd and he still sweeps teams. i supported him with velouria for the turn 1 bonfire, which is pretty dumb/broken. i regret not building this unit sooner tbh

this upcoming sunday’s weekly banner is one i’ve been waiting for for a while now. i’ve been wanting a hinoka for a long time after stupidly foddering the one i had back in 2017, and yet i still couldn’t pull her on the daily revival earlier this year. also i’ve been wanting cc fodder for units like jaffar and h!niles so the takumi focus is perfect for me. i’ve already pulled like 2 or 3 og!ryouma over the years and he has zero SI fodder so nty. his art is great though
Matt Mercer Emblem is possible because of Ryoma tho. Raijinto really needs a refine buff. Especially since L!Ryoma comes with it and isn't amazing for a Legendary tbh (he's L!Lyn tier at best).

A lot of other Gen1 DC units could use a buff too.

Pls buff, Sakurai:drflip:.
OK, so, we get this generic Zelda emote but not a SecretKPop: Ultimate Edition emote?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The 3H art for Team Instinct, Valor, and Mystic look great. I like how the art itself conveys the type of person the character is. Like Dimitri is obviously the serious and mildly edgy one given the thicker dark lines and side-eye. Claude is still the prettiest husbando. Female Lord™ is a typical waifu and somehow is the least popular of the 3. I actually don't care about getting any of them per se, but I'll be pulling for a 5* of any kind. I was "lucky" and got a 5* Mordecai last time which allowed me to save up feathers... Now I have 40k feathers and need more Saizos/Mordis.

As for what I'm doing until 3H is officially released+I scrounge up the money to buy it - I'm still playing Tree of Savior. I must say, the amount of classes is pretty impressive and the fact there's 12+ play styles that are actually viable = amazing since most F2P MMOs only have 5 at best. The PvP is garbage unless you're max level but the PvE is pretty solid and there's challenge modes and many reasons to party up. The art is cute. The storyline is mildly interesting (there's a bunch of chosen ones, including NPCs, who go around and deal with evil people or evil things). But the coolest part is how the main quests lines are client sided AND not all connected (so I can choose lvl 60 main quests without doing lvl 10/20/30/etc main quests). EX of client sided: I can have access to the alchemist who I saved - but a new player has to save the alchemist to have access to them on the world map no less - not in an instanced dungeon or lazy workaround. There's many instances like this. So in a way it feels like an actual 1 player RPG since the quests actually matter and the game remembers what you do/did and NPCs appear if you helped them out and there's puzzle dungeons and blahblahblah. I also love how each area has a chest to find that unlocks collections for that map, giving me a reason to linger around on maps to collect materials for extra passive stats for my entire account. The game is very alt friendly as well, since all impressive gear is tradeable AND we get instant EXP boost cards for discovering 100% of the map the 1st time to feed to every single alt.

So TL;DR is - amazing PvE for a f2p that makes this feel like a PS1/PS2 JRPG, but poor PvP.

Laslty, footage of me as a low tier beating someone who is a mid tier and then them switching to an even higher tiered character:

Nah, Dabuz is a cool person.
He'd be a lot cooler if he somehow remade the sacred image to be SmashU-themed instead of TP/OldSmash-themed. :^)
SecretZPop Smol.png
SecretZPop Smol.png
SecretZPop Smol.png

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I discovered Macross 82-99 and listened to the "A Million Miles Away" album yesterday. It was the suggestions bar and I only clicked on it because of Macross thinking it was a soundtrack from the Macross series. Nope, it's actually the artist's tag. Album's pretty neat and the album cover makes me really nostalgic about older anime and manga art styles. There's something very soft about older manga art. Here's a link to the album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdDRL1ralAY.

Also listened to Zone of the Enders 2's Beyond the Bounds. First the Eshericks remix version and then the original. I don't know when it plays in the game, but it fits so well with the aesthetics of the game. By that, it feels so anime-y. Apparently the made-up language part was based on Finnish, but I'm reminded of French and other romantic languages. Original version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niruwh4UwS8, and Eshericks remix version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAPEWGjmimk.

And now we inevitably move onto Fire Emblem. In the new story chapter, there's a moment when a piano piece is played. I thought it was something original they made for Heroes and it was uploaded on YouTube by a couple of people. Turns out it's not, instead, it's an arrangement -- I don't know if that's the correct term -- of the "Theme of Love" from Mystery of the Emblem, the sequel to Shadow Dragon. Unlike Shadow Dragon which was remade for the DS and was released worldwide, Mystery of the Emblem remains Japan-only making it like Binding Blade where Roy's story is Japan-only, but Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn's aren't. It's a beautiful piece and for me, it's a reminder of what I love so much about Fire Emblem Heroes and it's that it introduces or brings all of Fire Emblem to the world where games like Mystery of the Emblem, the Jugdral games, Binding Blade, and even just games people didn't get a chance to play like I still haven't played the Fates games are there for people to experience even if it's just a fraction of what the actual games offer. Other times, they expand more on them or offer something, particularly voice acting, that the older games may have lacked.

Mystery of the Emblem (NES) version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYvFh9yamCI.

New Mystery of the Emblem (DS) version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oDhjxHtpD8.

Heroes' version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWekQe-7K8s.

Five full summons, 75 orbs, and all I got to show for it is another Legault and being able to +10 various units none of whom are Bartre, Jeorge, or Kagero. I guess Kronya is going to be my only Three Houses unit and boy, I sure love having sexy murder looming over me.
4* Athena: +Spd, -Res. Give this woman a new sword please, so I can have an excuse to +10 her and use a bunch of copies of her for that.

4* Legault: +Def, -HP.

3* Maria: +Def, -Atk.

3* Nino: +Atk, -HP.

3* Tharja: +HP, -Res.
3* Gunter: +Def, -Res.

4* Hana: +Def, -HP.

4* Lilina: +Atk, -HP.

3* Palla: +HP, -Atk.

3* Titania: +Spd, -Res.
3* Abel: neutral.

4* Draug: +Res, -Atk.

3* Hinata: +Atk, -HP.

4* Seth: +Spd, -Def.

3* Silas: +Atk, -Def.
4* Azama: +Atk, -Def.

3* Felicia: +Def, -Res.

4* Gaius: +Spd, -Def.

4* Oscar: +Spd, -Def.

4* Roderick: +HP, -Def.
3* Cecilia: +Res, -Def.

4* Gaius: +Res, -Spd.

4* Ogma: +Atk, -HP.

3* Rebecca: +Res, -Spd. She was the last one to be summoned. I would have liked any 5*.

4* Selena: +Spd, -Res.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
SIGMA, HERO 31 OF OVERWATCH, IS ON HA WAY:

So now we have:
Glad Scientist - Mercy, who is eager and happy to help.
Dad Scientist - Winston, who is happy to protect.
Rad Scientist - Moira, who goes for the sick S C I E N C E stunts regardless of the means.

Sad Scientist - Mei, all her friends are dead and she uses the science that failed to save them to hopefully save others.
Mad Scientist - Sigma, the MAD LAD from the DC or Marvel universe.

Greek boi; we have a Hero to pair with Ilios. He also has the same stance and poise of Moira, hopefully he turns out to be a sassy and savage gorl. He's a Talon tank but I think he doesn't realize he's a Talon member? Probably some shenanigans like they did with Widowmaker, except he's in a "dream world" based on the craziness of the character trailer. It's not really explained yet. It seems his thing will be gravity/black holes. Meaning he'll probably be more CC oriented or damage-deleting than Zarya. He'll probably be on test servers this week so we don't have to wait too long.

UNLIKE HERO'S RELEASE DATE FOR SMUSH. TAKE NOTES, NINTENDO HEAUXES.

Cursed post, uff.
wow

sisTer

no

SecretZPop_MAD.gif

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
this upcoming sunday’s weekly banner is one i’ve been waiting for for a while now.
following up on this, ofc I had to pull on the banner after I got out of work yesterday. I definitely went in expecting a bit too much after this happened on the double Ike banner, but I did end up with some decent pulls ngl. Blue stones were my number one priority, but I seemed to barely get any. I got up to over 6% multiple times too, only to get pity broken by single off-focus 5* units. In order of summoning:
  • B!Veronica (+hp -spd). She died to give her special to Brady. I already have a copy of her and this one had trash IVs rip.
  • Faye (+hp -spd). My first Faye and with the same IVs as B!Veronica too wtf. It’s actually not too bad on her because her spd doesn’t matter, but HP boons are still mostly useless. I already have my +10 Niles, so I doubt she'll see too much use, but did use her in SoV so I'll hang onto her for the time being. I guess I can make some Ram Village theme teams now which is fun.
  • Takumi (+res -atk). CC fodder is tasty and I am happy to have it. Thank you, RNGesus. Now to decide which unit I want to have it.
  • Ninian (+atk -spd). Not a unit I wanted tbh but ok. Mine is already +2 +spd and she doesn’t have any good SI fodder. Atk is a superasset but dancers shouldn’t really be seeing any combat so... I’ll probably just merge this one into my existing Ninian.
  • 4* +atk Niles! He was promptly promoted and merged into. All I need now are his final 5 dragon flowers and he will be complete. Too bad it’ll probably take forever to get them.
  • and finally, Hinoka (+def -res)! Def is a superasset and brings her up to a decent 29 base. I’ve since summoned 2 more Hinokas (+def and +hp), both of which were merged into the original. It took way too many orbs, but I am so happy to have her in my barracks again after so long.

Then, this morning I did a little grinding for all the 3H summon tickets. I was hoping for Claude, but the final ticket gave me my first Fallen Y!Tiki (+spd -res). I pulled the rest of the circle and also got Fallen!Mareeta (+def -hp) and flying!Nino (+def -spd), both of which were also new units. I decided I really did want Claude so I bought some orbs. I got like 0 colorless stones the entire time, and got my rates reset twice by F!Byleth and WoF!Hinoka (both +def -atk) before finally pulling Claude (+hp -def). I can’t wait for Friday to finally play 3H and choose Claude for real! I also got my first (and then second and third) 4* Brady. I can now get him up to +4, but I’m not sure which asset I’ll choose for him. He’s already +atk but I think I may go +spd instead...I also pulled +def which is a superasset and helps even out his bulk.

Especially since L!Ryoma comes with it and isn't amazing for a Legendary tbh (he's L!Lyn tier at best).
yeah i agree he’s a bad user of raijinto but l!ryouma is a great unit. 34/39 offensive stat line is hard to beat and he also has access to a pseudo-wrath through bushido. give him firesweep sword+ and ur g2g. legendary ryouma’s biggest flaw is that you have to replace his entire skill set, but he’s not bad at all. L!Lyn is definitely unfortunate tho.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Logging in to tell all you that the novelization of the Live Action Dora the Explorer movie is the best damn book of the year.

Every page is a goldmine.

Then, this morning I did a little grinding for all the 3H summon tickets. I was hoping for Claude, but the final ticket gave me my first Fallen Y!Tiki (+spd -res). I pulled the rest of the circle and also got Fallen!Mareeta (+def -hp) and flying!Nino (+def -spd), both of which were also new units. I decided I really did want Claude so I bought some orbs. I got like 0 colorless stones the entire time, and got my rates reset twice by F!Byleth and WoF!Hinoka (both +def -atk) before finally pulling Claude (+hp -def). I can’t wait for Friday to finally play 3H and choose Claude for real! I also got my first (and then second and third) 4* Brady. I can now get him up to +4, but I’m not sure which asset I’ll choose for him. He’s already +atk but I think I may go +spd instead...I also pulled +def which is a superasset and helps even out his bulk.
Congrats on the +DEF Hinoka and Fallen Y!Tiki.

I remember how long you've wanted the first and you got her with what I consider her best boon, and Y!Tiki just....stands there menacingly as everything that attacks her dies.

A lot of other Gen1 DC units could use a buff too.
A while back I promised to wait on spending any feathers until Selena got a prf weapon.

I'm at ~650,000 feathers and here you are saying units like Ryoma and Hector need a buff smh.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I finally got all 4 tickets and decided to do full pulls. I got Kaden +spd/-res eeeeeeeeee!!! I also got F!Byleth. I plan on foddering her Fury 4 off to M!Corrin for the higher arena score and because I highly doubt anyone will replace M!Corrin in terms of being a dummy-stronk partner.

A while back I promised to wait on spending any feathers until Selena got a prf weapon.

I'm at ~650,000 feathers and here you are saying units like Ryoma and Hector need a buff smh.
1st off wow that novel is a sin but an intruiging one.

2nd off, wow, thinking Selena is the go-to when Severa is going to be added is dummy-dumm. Severa has the cuter outfit AND will probably have better art. Maybe. If we're lucky. Though as a unit I like her stats, but sadly, red is a garbage color to try stat abusing shenanigans with outside of pure offensive bursts. For red to be viable we have to hope they have stupid min-max stats (see W!Tharja or Ayra) or some absurd weapon/skill (see Sigurd). Otherwise they're just ezpzy units to murder. Especially in PvE where the developers TRY to make greens seem super imposing to make us WANT/NEED red units. But then we just murder them with a free B!Veronica or B!Lyn anyway.

Spend those feathers on better waifus/husbandos, gorl. Such as Caeda or Saizo.

So, like, bara is the greatest healing source ever. :p
You're saying this like it's a secret or somethin, sis. :^)

Why else do you think I post bara ever now 'n' then? It's so I can help heal your H•U•R•T and B•R•O•K•E•N souls.

You're welcome, b-but it's not like I care or anything, b-bakas!!!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I now have a few new games coming and ordered. :yeahboi:

First off, I now have Guilty Gear 20th Anniversary Pack on Switch, looking forward to trying out both the OG and popular fighting games from GG, and I even got UNIST.

What was funny was that I sold a weapon I had in TF2 on the Steam Market and in 5 minutes, someone bought it, which gave me more then enough to purchase UNIST. :yeahboi:

So now I'm gonna be trying out Hilda, Eltnum and Akatsuki to see who I like more out of the three. I do have almost all of the tutorials done, there's just one I'm having genuine trouble with doing.

"Jump Attack with Teching". The tutorial explains that if you do this, you can easily tech when pressing a button and doing the motion, with it being 71+A+D. I'm however having trouble getting the timing down with it, this feels like the Final Boss of Tutorial mode. :secretkpop: I'll probably get it eventually. As for the Missions, I've gotten up to Eltnum and Akatsuki's Veteran Difficulty Missions, and done about four out of fifteen of Akatsuki's. Only one of Eltnum's, I'll need to get use to playing the game, but dammit it's fun af.

Also, I'll be getting Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses this week. But anyway, I see I haven't missed much here. Oh well. Anyone here played my Levels in SMM2? I hope you enjoyed them for those that did.

I'll also be getting two dogs this Thursday, Springer Spaniels who my parents have named Stan and Ollie, so that is going to be fun and engaging.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Rozen showed up on the suggestions bar with his rendition of Majora's Mask's Stone Tower. Sounded good. Saw the Song of Healing and I couldn't pass that up as the Song of Healing has to be my favorite song from the series. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzaenQiTT5Q.

To this day, Majora's Mask remains my favorite Zelda game. I like the others on their own merits, but Majora's Mask is special in how it stands out as being this very dark game, but one that wasn't in your face. It wasn't like Twilight Princess or Breath of the Wild that on the outside it was dark where aesthetically, Twilight Princess was gritty looking while Breath of the Wild showed a 3D world after Link's failure trying to survive or still surviving in spite of it. In Majora's Mask, you knew the world was going to end with the moon looming over you reminding you that every second counted, but the rest of the world appeared normal. Part of that could be the limited graphics that were revolutionary at the time, but it clashed and in a good way with its vibrant and simple look. And then you dug deeper as you progressed through the game; you learned the patterns of the world and you saw the world for what it was or perhaps what was implied. Termina became more than a simple town with its surrounding areas. It became bizarre, grim, saddening, and sometimes cruel and unpleasant. In essence, Majora's Mask wasn't dark and twisted for the sake of it, but dark and twisted because it was simply dark and twisted. That made those little moments of happiness and respite in Majora's Mask all the more powerful.

Also, anime waifus. PSYQUI's Start Up feat. Such: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcm35mZqyc8. :p

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I was all down for Three Houses and knew there would be f/f or m/m options. I assumed it would be like Fates were we're stuck into romancing 2 weirdoes of the same gender. But their character designs appeals to what lesbians or gays go for in a character. Even if they weren't weirdoes, it's 1 for 1, and that's great. Especially since Awakening was partly saved by romancing options (like, at least 20%, the other parts being writing, class flexibility, and character relations in general).

Now in 3H we have even more options. To make it even better, characters who are bisexual can be in a relationship with other bisexuals of the same gender. Except. It's now way in favor of lesbians and not so much for males. (which is something the LGBTQ is used to in anime/games/shows/etc).

Bi characters for females: 5, 1 of which is a main lord
3 are obviously romantic
1 is kinda vague
1 is kinda vague and is a 1000+ y/o loli so... uhwhatnostop

Bi characters for males: 3
1 is a stereotypical "androgynous" male modeled for the stereotypical (so not all) BL-loving females, so he's obviously not for gay males
1 already has a family and is basically just your BFF OR worse you are a secret home wrecker???
1 is x2 the age of Byleth but at least is masculine, but apparently bi/gay/etc males only like super old dad figures? yikes

So it is gay-baiting, unless there's more gay options that were somehow not found despite the code being dumped. Personally I am asexual and love the romantic options in general and don't have a preference (I am a Serra-type and Hector-type sexual like any normal living human, obviously). But years of picking the straight option makes me want to explore the other side of the romantic spectrum. I play FE for the game and character cute relations 2nd. But gay-baiting gets an instant YUCK NO THNX reaction out of me. Like, it would've been better if they just didn't mention the fact there were same sex romance options to begin with or at least made it where it wasn't so disgustingly lopsided (5v3 at best or 3v1 at worst).

Here's a video of IS luring in some M!Byleth players with male romance options:

k that ends my TED Talk now it's time to spend money on a new computer chair instead of 3H :^)

This chair: https://www.staples.com/staples-hel...oling-technology-green-53210/product_24318958

I went to the store in person and sat in it. It was perfect. eeeeeee

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Oh boy, Imma lay down one of dem H O T T A K E S

I assumed it would be like Fates were we're stuck into romancing 2 weirdoes of the same gender. But their character designs appeals to what lesbians or gays go for in a character. Even if they weren't weirdoes, it's 1 for 1, and that's great.
Okay, firstly is that honestly what you've thought all this time? That Niles and Soliel are the ideal of what a gay man or lesbian would physically look for in a partner? Cause if so W O O O O O W.

Secondly, Fates did have other bi characters, because you cannot convince me Silas isn't even more Corrinsexual than Carmilla is or that Leo would let Odin wear those pants unless he liked the view. That sexuality has to be explicitly stated to be true is such a weird concept in these new fandoms. Like, this straight up was not a thing even five years ago.

Bi characters for females: 5, 1 of which is a main lord
3 are obviously romantic
1 is kinda vague
1 is kinda vague and is a 1000+ y/o loli so... uhwhatnostop
It's always been weird to me the massive backlash to Sothis. She's an adult and that's legit all that matters; like do you all look at people IRL and decide that you have the right to judge their personal decisions based on how they look or act? If they're an adult, then it's none of yo business???

But even then I could accept the backlash as self-consistent yet snobby if it wasn't immediately followed by people demanding they be allowed to **** more of their actually underaged students.

Like, it does not matter if Byleth is a guy or a girl, The player character is still their teacher. That doesn't somehow get less creepy if you change the genitals your're ****ing them with.

Bi characters for males: 3
1 is a stereotypical "androgynous" male modeled for the stereotypical (so not all) BL-loving females, so he's obviously not for gay males
1 already has a family and is basically just your BFF OR worse you are a secret home wrecker???
1 is x2 the age of Byleth but at least is masculine, but apparently bi/gay/etc males only like super old dad figures? yikes
1) Shut yo mouth, Lynhardt is precious boi who grow up into whatevAH he wants unless it requires large hands
2) Shut yo mouth harder, imma heal the fractured relationship between a father and daughter in a long gambit that will surely blossom into something more with a man old enough to do his taxes and you aren't going to ruin this for me.
3) I don't know who this one is, but let's go back to number 1.

We see multiple body types, and even older gay men. That's basically something that doesn't exist in most fiction. That's not gay-baiting, that's called life...especially when you're calling the good options "yikes" instead of having a prob with the 15-year-old you're seducing after his algebra class or whatever.

So it is gay-baiting, unless there's more gay options that were somehow not found despite the code being dumped. Personally I am asexual and love the romantic options in general and don't have a preference (I am a Serra-type and Hector-type sexual like any normal living human, obviously). But years of picking the straight option makes me want to explore the other side of the romantic spectrum. I play FE for the game and character cute relations 2nd. But gay-baiting gets an instant YUCK NO THNX reaction out of me. Like, it would've been better if they just didn't mention the fact there were same sex romance options to begin with or at least made it where it wasn't so disgustingly lopsided (5v3 at best or 3v1 at worst).
That's really a problem with the fandom, not the game tbh.

Frankly, I would like it better if none of these pairings existed. That doesn't mean Lynhardt shouldn't have a same sex relationship, but that there's no reason why his homosexual relationship has to be with you. If Lynhardt is gay, why does Male Byleth have to be the other participant in that relationship? What reason besides player thirst is there that Edelgard's gay option can't be Petra? Or better yet, Edelgard's only romantic option be Petra?

And the great thing about 3 Houses when it comes to these types of pairings? They agreed, somewhat! I haven't spoiled much on myself yet, but I know Dimitri for instance has a m/m relationship (or any relationship at all, for that matter) that has nothing to do with you, and honestly that's the way it should be. The Avatar being treated as a self-insert is a stupid idea anyhow.

That a huuuge number of peeps on twitter are going "Nintendo, unless you let us seduce Claude as a man ya'll homophobe ****s" are basically being a bunch of incels because a video game character just isn't into them.

------
I could go on, but it involves me raging about stupid critiques about Persona 4, a new Netflix show about an old anime, and the origin of CLAMP, so I'll leave that for another day.

To end on a better note, I love how as soon as the game came out there's been a massive outburst of F!Byleth appreciation after so many months of ****-shaming a fictional character for having fabulous stockings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom