• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

daddypeach

Smash Cadet
Doesn't seem like there is a thread to bring up combo/mix-ups, but here is a fun one you can try on wolf:

D-throw -> dash + SH Nair -> DI back to starting position -> turn around + jab combo

There is also a fun reset you can do by just doing a single jab and regrabbing.

DI varies, of course.

Solid 33% from 0%

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Haar vs. Michalis: +2/+3/-1/+1/-1 hp/atk/spd/def/res
Michalis vs. Beruka: -3/+5/+3/-2/-3

Haar is a tiny bit more mix-maxed than Michalis, but that's to be expected when comparing recent vs. launch units. Haar doesn't have a prf, so that +3 atk advantage is really only +1 when taking weapon mt into account (assuming you don't switch off Hauteclere–which you shouldn't be with Michalis anyway). The final nail in Haar's coffin is that he's a recent addition, meaning he basically has zero chance of getting a refine anytime soon. I've also never played Tellius so I'm not attached to the character rip.

Compared to Beruka, Michalis essentially trades 5 points of physical buik for atk. However Beruka has access to IVs, so she can take an atk boon to help mitigate that difference while Michalis can't further specialize his spread. As of rn, Beruka being prf-less is a dealbreaker, but I would love to see her get a refine in the near future. It's too bad because a lot of the axe fliers are pretty same-y, especially the ones that lack preferred weapons.

Looking through my barracks, I do have enough copies to +10 Cherche if desired too. I think I'll choose either her or Michalis tbh.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Damn it man. Got pity broken by a -atk Micaiah. Remembered why I stopped playing this game. Gonna be kinda sad if I don’t get her but I got time.

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'll just leave this here. :V

You're welcome.

:secretkpop:

So I've given Bloodstained a go and I'm enjoying it so far. Feels like it'll be quite fun once we get into the builds. And I'm considering using a Kick focused build when I do get to that.

Also, after spending almost all of my tickets in Dawn of the Breakers on the Banner for the 4th Hololive Crossover... The game has refused to give me Firefox Fubuki and Sha Rue Ys. Close to x100 Hololive 2.0 Tickets used, and not a single Event SR from the Banner. Good job CyberStep. Good, freaking job. But since all I have left is to get one more ticket from the exchange, I can then focus my efforts on getting the remaining Tanukis, maybe some of the Equipment and Awakening items too. Hopefully I can get those done in a week before the event ends.

And I also got to try and get one more Subaru The Duck to have her reach Max Limit Break as well... Or they can just give us players a Terra Carbuncle that is used for Rare Heroes. On the plus side, I did get my first Normal Hero to Level 50 (The max for a Normal Rarity). So if I ever feel like using that Hero in say Arena, I'll keep it in mind.

Also, have these Merkava memes too.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A little late on this news, but SNK's Yagami Iori is getting an isekai manga. It's so random and dumb that the whole idea of it is amazing. Imagine Iori of all people getting sent to another world and fighting there. Article link: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/...ovel-shows-a-first-look-at-the-illustrations/.

As for FEH, guess who the next legendary hero of wind is?

Now we have three Durandals and all three on on cavalry; regular Eliwood, CYL Roy, and legendary Eliwood. Eliwood wielding Durandal again I get why, but they could have at least made him an infantry or even a flier since wyvern lords could use swords in Blazing Blade. Also, hilariously enough, none of the Durandals have effective damage against dragons. Legendary Eliwood is I guess kind of our red cavalry "beast" buffbot now. Only to the unit with the highest attack and on a team with at least a beast or dragon ally, though, since Ardent Durandal grants Bonus Doubler and Vision of Arcadia, his personal C passive, grants Atk/Def+6 to the unit with the highest attack.

For his banner, I do hope he shows up since Eliwood is one of my favorite characters and was my first lord of Fire Emblem alongside Hector and Lyn. Otherwise, I'd like legendary Ephraim and Yune for new units, especially Yune so I could have a dark mythic hero and during dark season, the defense team could automatically switch with her on it. If that's the case, I think I'm going to switch Soren to his actual affinity in the Tellius games. Might give it to Micaiah as well and maybe the Black Knight too or I could give it to Zelgius. Dark heroes team being Tellius themed is pretty nice. Anyway, moving on, any of the other units that I don't have and Goodthra, F!Grima, and Selkie merges. Selkie I'd be okay with one copy so that I merge away her -HP. I'd love it if I could get a spare copy of Fortress Def/Res since it would scale so well with her stats. She'd get a defense boost she would definitely appreciate and her resistance jumps up even higher making it even easier for her to pass the resistance check of her Foxkit Fang if not let her outright tank things she shouldn't be against magic damage units. Selkie fighting M!Grima and taking little to no damage is an amazing thing. A shame that I'd have to murder an Idunn or Kliff for it, though. A demote with Fortress Def/Res would be freaking crazy.

So, the Ophelia banner. I went for one full summon and while I didn't get her, I did get a big cat man. I have now summoned all of the 4* summonable beasts. I think I have all the blue beasts too.
4* Gaius: +HP, -Atk.

4* Merric: +Atk, -HP.

4* Mordecai: +Atk, -HP. So, he still has 44 HP after -HP, but now he has 40 base attack. Gen 3 melee infantry BST is so dumb and also Nailah got screwed hard by being introduced a banner too early since she has gen 2 melee infantry BST.

3* Shanna: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Silas: +Def, -Res.

Also, freebies 4* Soren (+Def, -HP) from the Voting Block A banner and 4* Marth (+HP, -Spd) from the Voting Block B banner.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The new legendary unit seems pretty mild but has ridiculous synergy with my two omega tanks. One of which is Fallen Corrin which procs the C skill which is just bonkers. +6 all stats from the C skill and rally, +6 again from bonus doubler, then another +6 from Corrin's prf (+10 more res from Eir's blessing). And just for fun add in a Mordecai's -4 all stat debuff and you have a near unbeatable omega tank.

Looking forward to pulling one.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
His beauty is complete and indestructible:
Screenshot_20190627-121906.png

Anyway, I got about 100 orbs to throw at the new banner. I like most of the gorls, but I really hope to get a +res or +spd Gunnthra. Or 1 of any Legendary. There's over 50% chance to get a Legendery this banner too. I hope it stays this way. idc about the other units much tho.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Threw ~200 orbs at Eliwood’s LHB, hoping mostly for Yune, L!Ephraim, new Eliwood, and NY!Hríd. My second or third circle gave me a lone L!Ephraim (+def -spd; new unit!). I barely got any greens the entire time, and when I did, it would only be a single orb. I ended up getting to 11.5% after pulling Ephraim, pulling nothing but trash until this happened:
B67C5D6F-2F29-4F83-8D5B-335B670DBC27.png

Hinoka is +res -hp, one Yune is +atk -res and the other is +spd -hp. Yune was the unit I wanted most so I am very happy to have her. This banner is pretty lackluster tbh, so I think I’m done pulling. I got almost everything I wanted anyway. It does hurt that Hríd avoided me once again tho rip

As for Yune, I know that it’s better to keep 2 +0 Mythics than a single +1, but I think I’ll merge into the +atk copy. She will be built up and added to the Flier Ball team I’ve been wanting to make.

I’m not sure what I’ll do with Hinoka. She has some pretty decent fodder so I’ll grind her HM and go from there ig. Her IVs are quite decent too tbh

Also, Brady got demoted to 4* rarity! He has been on my list of wanted units since launch, so being able to actually +10 him is amazing. I’m sure I’ll never pull him, though. I still haven’t gotten my first Mordecai yet.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Me when I find out Brady is the demoted hero by summoning him at 4*:

I pulled a +atk/-hp L!Eliwood and +res/-spd L!Lucina. I'm 100 orbs in and waiting for my 3rd 5* pull to call it quits. On an odd note, I also summoned +spd/-hp 5* Barst from his banner. So if he gets a good weapon he'll be good to go eeeeeee.

I was really hoping for Yune but clearly some greedy heaux Lorde Lorde summoned all the Yunes for ha self. :secretkpop:

tbh Eliwood is the main boi I wanted so I could finally have a Pair Up character and because Eliwood is such a good boi. Lucina can go in the garbage bin since she really has nothing to offer and is a boring blue bow unit... Who gives +3 spd to boot, which is pretty useless since I only care about building That Wall™. I'm still holding out hope for just about any of the other Legendaries that I don't have yet, especially Yune, so I can lazybrain my way to T23 by mitigating Defense AR losses.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I’m not sure what I’ll do with Hinoka. She has some pretty decent fodder so I’ll grind her HM and go from there ig. Her IVs are quite decent too tbh
You could keep her as an anti-dragon filler unit for Arena Assault, Squad Assault, or whatever. Otherwise, burn her for one of her skills. Splashy Bucket would be good on someone with actual resistance. If you're looking to stack as much attack as possible for an effective damage weapon, then in the 3* to 4* summoning pool, that's only Kagero and her health is low which could be a problem. Cloud Maiougi might be better for Kagero if you want her to avoid Vantage units and Sothe's defenses are both low, so Splashy Bucket's disabling adaptive damage doesn't really matter to him. Kaze has good resistance, but his attack is average and Felicia's base neutral attack is abysmal to say the least. Other than Kagero, there's only hot springs Camilla who has slightly lower attack, winter Cecilia who might be better off with Barb Shuriken or keeping her Goodie Boot, and freebie Eir which might not be a great idea if you're only keeping her around for F2P strategies and Lyfjaberg is a good, offensive weapon.

In the 5* and seasonal pool, Flora's Hoarfrost Knife does the same thing defensively, but it trades effective damage for -1 special cooldown and guaranteed follow-up on Distant Counter units and picnic Flora and Halloween Kagero run into a similar situation as winter Cecilia, and ninjabbit Kagero, summer Linde, spring Palla, and New Year's Takumi have similar resistance to hot springs Hinoka and spring Palla's default Pegasus Carrot has effective damage against armors and she can destroy greens, so her niche is unique; neko Sakura has the same base neutral resistance as Kaze's at 34, but her attack is slightly higher than Kaze's at 32 base neutral attack. Everyone else either has average to low resistance or they start dipping lower and lower in attack.

Didn't get another Selkie, but I did get legendary Eliwood and Yune along with New Year's Hrid, hot spring Sakura, and another F!Grima and hot springs Hinoka.
4* Azama: neutral.

5* hot springs Hinoka: +Res, -HP.

3* Laslow: +HP, -Atk.

3* Serra #1: +Res, -Def. This was before summoning two more of her, but Serra is the only healer other than Ethlyn I can fully merge without using any copies I want to keep on hand. I am truly blessed.

3* Serra #2: +HP, -Res.

3* Arthur #1: +Spd, -Def.

3* Fae: neutral.

4* Florina #1: +HP, -Spd.

3* Nanna: +HP, -Def.

4* Reinhardt: +HP, -Atk.

4* Fir: +Def, -Spd.

5* F!Grima: +Res, -Atk. I could merge her into the +Def F!Grima or I could merge the +Def one into this one for better mixed defenses.

4* Niles #1: +Res, -HP.

4* Nino: +Spd, -Def.

4* Roy: +HP, -Res.

4* Cain: +Res, -Atk.

3* Niles #2: +Def, -Spd.

4* Raigh: +Res, -Def.

4* M!Robin #1: neutral.

4* M!Robin #2: +Def, -Spd.

4* Florina #2: +Def, -Spd.

4* L'Arachel: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Lilina: +HP, -Atk.

4* Oboro: neutral.

3* Olivia: +Atk, -Res.

4* Arthur #2: +Def, -Spd.

4* Cecilia: +Atk, -Def.

4* Oscar: +HP, -Spd.

3* Peri: +Res, -Spd.

3* Tharja: +Atk, -Spd.

5* legendary Eliwood: +Res, -Atk. Essentially a +Spd regular Eliwood with flipped defenses.

4* Prisicilla: +Spd, -Atk.

5* hot springs Sakura: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Shigure: +HP, -Def.

5* Yuna: +HP, -Res.

4* Florina #3: +HP, -Spd.

5* New Year's Hrid: +HP, -Atk.

3* Sheena: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Silas: +Def, -Spd.

4* Wrys: +Atk, -HP.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I got Legendary Lucina... I'm happy; I don't ask more of this banner, I need to save orbs and I can't gamble trying to get Sakura right now.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Hoped for DC fodder from the Hector banner but got my first ever Sonya (+hp -def) instead! She was one of my favorite units in SoV, so I am very glad to have finally pulled her (with workable IVs too). I still have that spare Keaton, so I may refine her tome and give her Special Spiral for those ez AoE nukes.

I also got a flying!Sakura from the LHB, but I’m having trouble deciding whether to merge into my current +def -spd copy to negate the bane or fodder her off for Grandscratcher+/Fireflood Balm+ (most likely to Brady).

They chose some pretty decent refine candidates for this upcoming update tbh. Raigh and Matthew have been terrible since launch, so hopefully their prfs save them from being total garbage (esp Matthew because I liked him a lot in FE7 and would love to use him in FEH). More Christmas cav refines is kinda w/e, but at least some of them have been really good. Giving prf weapons to units in the 3-4* pool and therefore making lower rarity pulls more valuable is one of the few actually good decisions IS has made. I’m glad to see Luke get a prf because he may be the single most irrevelant unit in the game. I’ve pulled him twice (once from his debut) and foddered both copies rip. This batch of refines in particular feels like IS throwing a bone to some of the least used units: all of them are bad and/or outclassed, the best of which came dead last iirc in the CYL3 results. Everyone does get a Raigh for free, though, so there is incentive there to give him a personal weapon.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
SO!!! I stumbled across Webtoon and remembered that's a thing! I know I've seen some comics on there before but I can't remember them too well. So I guess I'll start fresh and make an account so I can actually keep track of them. So far I got 2:

Kinda BL??? More so prince who has to kill someone to save his people etcetcetc. So srs stuff with cute moments and Kween Pointynose is obviously a Zelda main. Shark mer people are also super cool so ye.

Demon boi is best boi thanks to the 5th issue alone tbh. N E A T - also not a romcom or dramedy, but funny/cute so far.

anyway

I cracked and threw more orbs at the Legendary Banner because I lost control of my life. So from the entire banner I got:
1st L!Ryoma (+def/-res???)
1st L!Ephraim (+def/-res!!!)
1st L!Lucina (-spd/+res bye gorl)
2x L!Eliwoods (pure +atk now))
2nd L!Robin (+atk, no bane, thnx IS)
Towel Hinoka???

Hinoka's dagger is super awesome, but none of the dagger users can really make use of it. Like, the most lethal PP unit that isn't armored is Sothe, except his bulk is evenly low so he isn't getting the dagger's secondary effect to the max. Then there's Kaze who's perfect except for the fact he's Kaze (aka: the less muscular/less pectacular/less manly "twin" brother of Saizo).

ALSO YAY!!! MATTHEW PRF+REFINE??? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Raigh is also getting a refine, so I expect him to have a red Thani to make him more useful than his brother. Except he's still Raigh, the angsty teenager who looks super shota for some reason. So if a person can get over that, maybe he'll be good.

I guess Roderick and Luke will get twinsy weapons, like the other duo cavalry gorls. Perhaps Firesweep Prfs with a refine that guarantees them doubles if a certain but easy condition is met? It'd basically be mashing their 2 current weapons together and they get to keep their identity.

BUT!!! Then there's Matthew!!! I really don't know what they can do to make him offensively viable. Having another support-heavy unit is always nice. It'd be neat if he became the 1st Blade-Dagger guy so he can become Odin Tier. If he gets a prf version of his dagger, I hope the refine effect is something amazing. Or heck, a weird "if unit initiates combat, -10 def/spd to enemy's stats during combat"

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. CEO 2019 came to an end and I have to say, BBTAG's Top 4 was pretty great.

I didn't watch Smash Ultimate's, but I was more focused on BBTAG. Oh and I got Super Mario Maker 2 and I've already made a few levels, so if anyone wants to try them out. I'll leave the level names and IDs here. :yeahboi:

Transpuzzle
DRW-V3W-TMG
"Four rooms tied together. Try and transport items from room to room."

The House of Thwomps & Switches
K97-N50-QTF
"Beware of peculiar Thwomps and Carlboxes."

The Bully's Key to Victory
Y54-KT1-1QF
"The Bully holds the key! Can you get it from him in this One Screen Puzzle?"

Just in case anyone wants to give my levels a try. :secretkpop:

I might try and make a few more levels, maybe more puzzles on using say the Superball Flower, or a troll where you must NOT get the Flower, or else you'll get stuck and have to use it to get out of an Anti-Softlock.

And since I watched BBTAG, I'm in the mood to do another FSG Inspired bit, but on Carmine. So I might as well. :V

Carmine bears a very unique mechanic in Under Night, with is utilising his own blood to set up traps and projectiles to control neutral like no other. However, this comes at the cost of using his own Health in order to do so, making him kind of a glass cannon that do big damage but at the cost of his own Health which can be done with numerous attacks including his j.6B, 236X and 22A/B which are some examples of moves that allow him to leave pools of blood around the screen. Which while not only do they control neutral, but they can also help extend combos for this battle maniac.

He can also bait the opponent to make a move and then punish accordingly and then possibly extend off of it by using his own GRD to cancel the animation of any attack and intercept (Which is something I forgot to mention in the previous ones on Gordeau, Linne and Hyde. So... Yeah, sorry). In fact, Carmine can't even kill himself by using his Blood mechanic, which in turn people often dub as "EX Carmine" due to being able to go nuts with all of his projectiles and blood mechanic. So I know what you're thinking: "He must be REALLY frail if he can't recover that health!" Well, he actually can gain health with the help of his throws. His normal B+C throw allows him to get a small 400 Health, however, his Command Grab (63214+C) makes him gain over three times the amount a normal throw would give him.

This gives Carmine a unique playstyle of zoning and a strong aggressive rushdown playstyle. Meaning that Carmine players can either use either playstyle they feel comfortable with, or mix between the two playstyles during matches. His Mixup game is also quite solid too, allowing him to move the puddles around and making sure to be aware of them, with different setups too which can allow different shenanigans that can catch unsuspecting players off guard.

However, despite these strong traits. Carmine still suffers, having hard matchups against Gordeau and Waldstein, two of the best characters in UNIEL. And due to his glass cannon stature, he can fall quickly to many combos and can even be outzoned himself by Vatista who is also another strong character. Not only that, Carmine gets outranged by these characters too, including Merkava. With all that said and done, Carmine while having good control of neutral, suffers from poor defenses due to using his health to set up puddles of blood, which can lead to him dying quickly. Therefore, JIYUNA has put Carmine in Mid Tier (B Tier) along with Hilda, Hyde and Seth.
UNIST did give Carmine so new toys to play with and new characters to beat up too in the name of violence.

For one, his Vorpal Trait was added, allowing him to reduce to amount of health needed to set up puddles by half the original amount. Allowing Carmine to be not as frail as he used to be. But despite these, not much has really changed for Carmine outside of some adjustments such as getting a 6BB and j.6BB motions and having his 3C now be chargable. Carmine just didn't really move much in the tier list, in fact he may have moved down the tier list due to the changes that just left him unneeded in the current meta. As more dominant characters like Wagner, Phonon and even the buffed Akatsuki were more prevelant and dominant in the meta of the game. But at first, he was seen as a strong character, sitting in A Tier back in 2018. However, as the meta evolved, his place on the tier list has become more of a mystery. With some saying he's still A Tier, whereas others Saikyo think Carmine is Bottom 5.

And we got some Tournament Results here of Carmine. So here we go:
Carmine has placed...

13th by Shoulder at Detination: Fight! 5 along with using Byakuya as a secondary.
9th by Kyros at Anime Ascension 2019.
13th at CEOtaku 2018 by Spinach.
5th and 33rd by SchoolBus and Tanner at Combo Breaker 2019. With SchoolBus using Carmine as a secondary along with Wagner.
17th and 25th by Sonny Impact and Fyre at CEO 2019.
And finally, BBTAG. Carmine was one of the first free DLC characters added to BBTAG. And in vanilla, Carmine was a monster. He could easily do over 10k damage solo, and the simplified controls and combos was something Carmine was more then happy to embrace. Not only was Carmine's zoning and aggressive rushdown playstyles still in tact, he could make it even more annoying for the opponent. Partnering with Nu-13 could make it incredibly difficult to get through the wall of projectiles from Nu's 5B autocombo, Yang partnering with Carmine would make it even more of a pain to get by due to her assists, and so on.

Carmine was a very strong character, however when 1.5 dropped for BBTAG. Carmine did get some mixtures of buffs and nerfs, however most of these are buffs to Carmine's gameplan which allowed him to play incredibly well, even contend with some of the newer Top Tiers and beat down on some of the weaker threats like Gordeau (Rest in Peace Gordeau. You did nothing wrong...), however his problems from vanilla and UNIB still stand, frail due to using his health to drop puddles and can easily be outranged by characters like Merkava, Mitsuru, Nine and Blake can make it hard for Carmine to get in, but once he does. He stays in.

Now we got a bunch of tournament placements, so here goes as I'll be covering both Vanilla and 1.5. So I'll split them up into categories:

For vanilla BBTAG, Carmine has placed:

4th and 5th at The Fall Classic 2018 by DanteThomas with Hyde/Carmine and LastLaugh with Mai/Carmine.
7th at East Coast Throwdown 2018 by DanteThomas.
7th at DreamHack Atlanta 2018 by Cookie with Yu/Carmine.
7th and 13th at Anime Ascension 2019 by Kiomi with Ragna/Carmine and BeautifulDude with Hazama/Carmine.
5th Place at EVO Japan 2019 by Noble with Carmine/Es.
DanteThomas got 2nd at Kumite in Tennessee 2019.
LastLaugh got 7th at Smash Conference United.
Rino got 1st place with Carmine/Jin at Winter Brawl 3D Edition, 3rd at NEC 19 and 7th at Frosty Faustings XI.
9th by Straywolf and UnsafeOnHit with Carmine/Gordeau and Blake/Carmine respectively. And 13th place by Cookie.

And now onto BBTAG 1.5... The following results that Carmine managed to get were...:

Rino got 4th Place at Combo Breaker 2019 with Carmine/Jin, but has also started using Carmine/Mika. XIIIBlades and DanteThomas both got 9th place. With XIIIBlades using Carmine/Yang along with Yu/Hyde.
Noble got 1st at Fighter's Spirit 2019 with Carmine/Vatista.
And recently at CEO 2019, Rino also got 2nd Place with Mika/Carmine.

Overall, while there is no official tier list for 1.5. Carmine was often seen as a strong High Tier threat in Vanilla BBTAG, and could remain High Tier in 1.5.
So how GOOD was Carmine?

Well, to be honest. He was never really one to want the spotlight in any of the titles he's been in. Having always been seen as a lower tier character in many eyes, it wasn't until BBTAG where he began to grow and show the world how much of a threat he truly was. And with ARC World Tour coming to an end soon, Carmine might rise up and take EVO first, and then the ARC World Tour.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Legendary Lucina?
So, she's also top-tier in FEH :drsad:?
She's OK. All her alts and OG don't really add nothing new to the game but her Marthcina version can at least easily be +10'd and has an easy to use stat boosting thing. Her Legendary version is gimmicky but awesome when used properly and being a blue unit in a game with reds, blues, and then very little greens is always a good thing.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
She's OK. All her alts and OG don't really add nothing new to the game but her Marthcina version can at least easily be +10'd and has an easy to use stat boosting thing. Her Legendary version is gimmicky but awesome when used properly and being a blue unit in a game with reds, blues, and then very little greens is always a good thing.
:wutface:

Troykv

Smash Master
Welp. CEO 2019 came to an end and I have to say, BBTAG's Top 4 was pretty great.

I didn't watch Smash Ultimate's, but I was more focused on BBTAG. Oh and I got Super Mario Maker 2 and I've already made a few levels, so if anyone wants to try them out. I'll leave the level names and IDs here. :yeahboi:

Transpuzzle
DRW-V3W-TMG
"Four rooms tied together. Try and transport items from room to room."

The House of Thwomps & Switches
K97-N50-QTF
"Beware of peculiar Thwomps and Carlboxes."

The Bully's Key to Victory
Y54-KT1-1QF
"The Bully holds the key! Can you get it from him in this One Screen Puzzle?"

Just in case anyone wants to give my levels a try. :secretkpop:

I might try and make a few more levels, maybe more puzzles on using say the Superball Flower, or a troll where you must NOT get the Flower, or else you'll get stuck and have to use it to get out of an Anti-Softlock.

And since I watched BBTAG, I'm in the mood to do another FSG Inspired bit, but on Carmine. So I might as well. :V

Carmine bears a very unique mechanic in Under Night, with is utilising his own blood to set up traps and projectiles to control neutral like no other. However, this comes at the cost of using his own Health in order to do so, making him kind of a glass cannon that do big damage but at the cost of his own Health which can be done with numerous attacks including his j.6B, 236X and 22A/B which are some examples of moves that allow him to leave pools of blood around the screen. Which while not only do they control neutral, but they can also help extend combos for this battle maniac.

He can also bait the opponent to make a move and then punish accordingly and then possibly extend off of it by using his own GRD to cancel the animation of any attack and intercept (Which is something I forgot to mention in the previous ones on Gordeau, Linne and Hyde. So... Yeah, sorry). In fact, Carmine can't even kill himself by using his Blood mechanic, which in turn people often dub as "EX Carmine" due to being able to go nuts with all of his projectiles and blood mechanic. So I know what you're thinking: "He must be REALLY frail if he can't recover that health!" Well, he actually can gain health with the help of his throws. His normal B+C throw allows him to get a small 400 Health, however, his Command Grab (63214+C) makes him gain over three times the amount a normal throw would give him.

This gives Carmine a unique playstyle of zoning and a strong aggressive rushdown playstyle. Meaning that Carmine players can either use either playstyle they feel comfortable with, or mix between the two playstyles during matches. His Mixup game is also quite solid too, allowing him to move the puddles around and making sure to be aware of them, with different setups too which can allow different shenanigans that can catch unsuspecting players off guard.

However, despite these strong traits. Carmine still suffers, having hard matchups against Gordeau and Waldstein, two of the best characters in UNIEL. And due to his glass cannon stature, he can fall quickly to many combos and can even be outzoned himself by Vatista who is also another strong character. Not only that, Carmine gets outranged by these characters too, including Merkava. With all that said and done, Carmine while having good control of neutral, suffers from poor defenses due to using his health to set up puddles of blood, which can lead to him dying quickly. Therefore, JIYUNA has put Carmine in Mid Tier (B Tier) along with Hilda, Hyde and Seth.
UNIST did give Carmine so new toys to play with and new characters to beat up too in the name of violence.

For one, his Vorpal Trait was added, allowing him to reduce to amount of health needed to set up puddles by half the original amount. Allowing Carmine to be not as frail as he used to be. But despite these, not much has really changed for Carmine outside of some adjustments such as getting a 6BB and j.6BB motions and having his 3C now be chargable. Carmine just didn't really move much in the tier list, in fact he may have moved down the tier list due to the changes that just left him unneeded in the current meta. As more dominant characters like Wagner, Phonon and even the buffed Akatsuki were more prevelant and dominant in the meta of the game. But at first, he was seen as a strong character, sitting in A Tier back in 2018. However, as the meta evolved, his place on the tier list has become more of a mystery. With some saying he's still A Tier, whereas others Saikyo think Carmine is Bottom 5.

And we got some Tournament Results here of Carmine. So here we go:
Carmine has placed...

13th by Shoulder at Detination: Fight! 5 along with using Byakuya as a secondary.
9th by Kyros at Anime Ascension 2019.
13th at CEOtaku 2018 by Spinach.
5th and 33rd by SchoolBus and Tanner at Combo Breaker 2019. With SchoolBus using Carmine as a secondary along with Wagner.
17th and 25th by Sonny Impact and Fyre at CEO 2019.
And finally, BBTAG. Carmine was one of the first free DLC characters added to BBTAG. And in vanilla, Carmine was a monster. He could easily do over 10k damage solo, and the simplified controls and combos was something Carmine was more then happy to embrace. Not only was Carmine's zoning and aggressive rushdown playstyles still in tact, he could make it even more annoying for the opponent. Partnering with Nu-13 could make it incredibly difficult to get through the wall of projectiles from Nu's 5B autocombo, Yang partnering with Carmine would make it even more of a pain to get by due to her assists, and so on.

Carmine was a very strong character, however when 1.5 dropped for BBTAG. Carmine did get some mixtures of buffs and nerfs, however most of these are buffs to Carmine's gameplan which allowed him to play incredibly well, even contend with some of the newer Top Tiers and beat down on some of the weaker threats like Gordeau (Rest in Peace Gordeau. You did nothing wrong...), however his problems from vanilla and UNIB still stand, frail due to using his health to drop puddles and can easily be outranged by characters like Merkava, Mitsuru, Nine and Blake can make it hard for Carmine to get in, but once he does. He stays in.

Now we got a bunch of tournament placements, so here goes as I'll be covering both Vanilla and 1.5. So I'll split them up into categories:

For vanilla BBTAG, Carmine has placed:

4th and 5th at The Fall Classic 2018 by DanteThomas with Hyde/Carmine and LastLaugh with Mai/Carmine.
7th at East Coast Throwdown 2018 by DanteThomas.
7th at DreamHack Atlanta 2018 by Cookie with Yu/Carmine.
7th and 13th at Anime Ascension 2019 by Kiomi with Ragna/Carmine and BeautifulDude with Hazama/Carmine.
5th Place at EVO Japan 2019 by Noble with Carmine/Es.
DanteThomas got 2nd at Kumite in Tennessee 2019.
LastLaugh got 7th at Smash Conference United.
Rino got 1st place with Carmine/Jin at Winter Brawl 3D Edition, 3rd at NEC 19 and 7th at Frosty Faustings XI.
9th by Straywolf and UnsafeOnHit with Carmine/Gordeau and Blake/Carmine respectively. And 13th place by Cookie.

And now onto BBTAG 1.5... The following results that Carmine managed to get were...:

Rino got 4th Place at Combo Breaker 2019 with Carmine/Jin, but has also started using Carmine/Mika. XIIIBlades and DanteThomas both got 9th place. With XIIIBlades using Carmine/Yang along with Yu/Hyde.
Noble got 1st at Fighter's Spirit 2019 with Carmine/Vatista.
And recently at CEO 2019, Rino also got 2nd Place with Mika/Carmine.

Overall, while there is no official tier list for 1.5. Carmine was often seen as a strong High Tier threat in Vanilla BBTAG, and could remain High Tier in 1.5.
So how GOOD was Carmine?

Well, to be honest. He was never really one to want the spotlight in any of the titles he's been in. Having always been seen as a lower tier character in many eyes, it wasn't until BBTAG where he began to grow and show the world how much of a threat he truly was. And with ARC World Tour coming to an end soon, Carmine might rise up and take EVO first, and then the ARC World Tour.

Where I can see replays of the CEO Plays? I was a bit busy last weekend.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Being sick during the summer is the worst. It's hot and it makes you feel even more miserable. Anyway, has anyone here played Jet Set Radio or Jet Set Radio Future? I've seen and heard about the games, but never saw them in action and it looks so cool. The first game in particular reminds me of Crazy Taxi and I'm guessing it might have been an early 2000 Sega thing with weird, wacky, but very fun games. The music is also rad. Having seen the games in action now, it makes me sad that there hasn't been a new Jet Set Radio. Well, at least I can hope for Future to be ported over to the PC and other systems since the first game was ported over a few years ago.

As for FEH stuff, Celica beat abyssal legendary Eliwood. I think I need to either give one of my mage dancers Wings of Mercy or hope for a bride Ninian in the future since Ophelia couldn't start out with a charged special. With Celica it's do damage, get into Brazen/Desperation range, and go. Similar deal with Delthea except she isn't as fast since she doesn't have the always working Atk/Spd Push like Celica does with refined Ragnarok and Lewyn where after the first attack and regardless if he takes out the enemy or not, he's going to have a charged special to go. Summer Laegjarn could probably work too, but she can't use Special Spiral which might not matter if she does a crapton of damage. Point is that Ophelia is strong, but I think I've only beaten one abyssal map with her while I've beaten at least two or maybe three with Celica; legendary Yune and legendary Eliwood for Celica and maybe legendary Alm for her as well or maybe that was Ophelia.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
help i like this song too much and have listened to it at least 100 times now with barely anything in between help pls:

Suggest something else please and thanks.

Being sick during the summer is the worst. It's hot and it makes you feel even more miserable. Anyway, has anyone here played Jet Set Radio or Jet Set Radio Future? I've seen and heard about the games, but never saw them in action and it looks so cool. The first game in particular reminds me of Crazy Taxi and I'm guessing it might have been an early 2000 Sega thing with weird, wacky, but very fun games. The music is also rad. Having seen the games in action now, it makes me sad that there hasn't been a new Jet Set Radio. Well, at least I can hope for Future to be ported over to the PC and other systems since the first game was ported over a few years ago.

As for FEH stuff, Celica beat abyssal legendary Eliwood. I think I need to either give one of my mage dancers Wings of Mercy or hope for a bride Ninian in the future since Ophelia couldn't start out with a charged special. With Celica it's do damage, get into Brazen/Desperation range, and go. Similar deal with Delthea except she isn't as fast since she doesn't have the always working Atk/Spd Push like Celica does with refined Ragnarok and Lewyn where after the first attack and regardless if he takes out the enemy or not, he's going to have a charged special to go. Summer Laegjarn could probably work too, but she can't use Special Spiral which might not matter if she does a crapton of damage. Point is that Ophelia is strong, but I think I've only beaten one abyssal map with her while I've beaten at least two or maybe three with Celica; legendary Yune and legendary Eliwood for Celica and maybe legendary Alm for her as well or maybe that was Ophelia.
I never played JSR but Crazy Taxi was my jam.

As for Special Spiral gorls, you need to use a Flashing/Heavy Blade Seal or if you were lucky enough a Flashing Blade 4. I have FB4 on Tailtiu and she decimates pretty much everything and has just enough bulk to take a hit from many different sources. Sadly, she lacks Lilina's dummy-high ATK so she can't muscle through every single thing. But Espurrgorl was very easy to build and is a much better color than Lilina. She also has a much better VA than Lilina for sure.

Give me the H•R•Í•D ok thanks.

What was your summon %, sis?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Give me the H•R•Í•D ok thanks.

What was your summon %, sis?
No he’s my husbando, you heaux
I didn’t check before that circle so idk for sure but the pity percent was either 10 or 10.5%. I wish I knew for certain but I’m dumb :emptysheep:

This NY!Hríd (+res -hp) is the only Hríd I've ever pulled, so I am very happy to have him. I could do something like this with him, but I'm also very tempted to give his Hone Atk 4 to L!Aqua and make everything ez... I'm not sure which is better.

The new Selkie I pulled is +spd, but the other one I had is already +atk. Is it worth taking the spd boon? I feel like she's already fast enough with her weapon effect and A-skill so I'm leaning +atk, but idk spd creep is real.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
SimpleFlips children! Where you at?

So I found out that in Dawn of the Breakers, they've extended the Hololive Event again to the end of July. So that means I got a while before I lose the chance to get Firefox Fubuki.

Since I did end up getting Sha Rue Ys. In fact, I got a duplicate of her which I quickly used to increase her Limit Break which I'm fine with, I doubt I'll get Firefox Fubuki anyway since I felt like my luck ran out when I went all in on the Hololive Episode 3 Banner. And to my surprise, they've done some balance changes to some of the Heroes you get in the game.

Found out that two of the Heroes I use got nerfed. Especially Adorable Jiangshi who had her poison damage reduced and School Girl Artillery's Rush Skill can't be spammed as much now. Which is a shame, because I did that to speedrun some of the Quests to get them done quickly. Guess I'll be using some of my other Heroes like Hololive Reveler, Azure Daconic Naginata and so on. As for the upcoming event, they're doing another crossover with Virtual YouTubers, with a group called Animare I think they're called. Basically, anime girls that are half-animal who are part of a cafe, and we have the chance to get them through the Banner coming up.

Being sick during the summer is the worst. It's hot and it makes you feel even more miserable.
Get well soon Ffamran! I know that feeling myself, especially when it comes to hayfever. That's when it gets real bad.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I never played JSR but Crazy Taxi was my jam.
I remember playing Crazy Taxi as a kid, but I didn't get that far with anything. I think I played it on PS2 and only through rentals. As for Jet Set Radio, I started JSR yesterday and it's really fun. The only problems I have with it are controls which aren't the game's fault itself and the races to unlock characters. I'm playing using keyboard where for the most part, it works fine, but for precise maneuvers and graffiti, it's not ideal. Graffiti in JSR you have to do circular motions like quarter circle up or down and full circle up or down which is a bit weird. I don't think you do any of that in Future from what gameplay I've seen of it. On the bright side, failing the inputs doesn't fail the painting itself. It still progresses, but you don't get a good score. The actual controls themselves are fine. The races I don't know if it was just early game design or something, but not telling us where the goal was made it a problem since my mentality is that I had to be ahead of the other person, but I have no idea where to go. So, I might be thinking it wrong and what I was supposed to do was follow them and deviate onto another path when I saw spray cans which usually led to the goal. It's weird, but whatever. Game's pretty short since I think I'm on the last few chapters from what I remember of Proton Jon's game clearing stream of it.

So, the best part has to be the music. It's so funky and plain amazing. When I watched Proton Jon's stream of it, the song that said I had to play the game after finding out I own the game on Steam was Mischievous Boy. I'm not sure why, but I really like the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxbcIaAlFgg.

Now I'm even sadder that a third game wasn't made. Hopefully Future gets a remaster soon.

As for Special Spiral gorls, you need to use a Flashing/Heavy Blade Seal or if you were lucky enough a Flashing Blade 4. I have FB4 on Tailtiu and she decimates pretty much everything and has just enough bulk to take a hit from many different sources. Sadly, she lacks Lilina's dummy-high ATK so she can't muscle through every single thing. But Espurrgorl was very easy to build and is a much better color than Lilina. She also has a much better VA than Lilina for sure.
It's what I do with Lewyn. The issue is that Ophelia was off by one mage or any kind of -1 special cooldown count for legendary Eliwood's abyssal map. I could have ran Quickened Pulse now that I thought about it, but Savage Blow 3 or whatever else might have been more useful. She was also off by 4 speed from doubling the sword infantry and the blue cavalry mage one shots her, so yeah... Celica was easier to work with.

This NY!Hríd (+res -hp) is the only Hríd I've ever pulled, so I am very happy to have him. I could do something like this with him, but I'm also very tempted to give his Hone Atk 4 to L!Aqua and make everything ez... I'm not sure which is better.
Geishun and its Chill Atk 3 is also good on the sword dancers since they're support units. If you can fulfill the tactics skills requirements or you only need one unit to be buffed and their movement type isn't the same as the other units exceeding the tactics requirements, then her default Atk Tactics is fine.

The new Selkie I pulled is +spd, but the other one I had is already +atk. Is it worth taking the spd boon? I feel like she's already fast enough with her weapon effect and A-skill so I'm leaning +atk, but idk spd creep is real.
Keep in mind that Selkie's Foxkit Fang doesn't work on ranged units, so you could be in a situation where +Spd Selkie could double a ranged unit, but +Atk couldn't. At the same time, +Atk Selkie could do enough damage to ORKO them while +Spd Selkie couldn't. Her base neutral attack is average or low because apparently Rutger's 32 base attack is low to some people. Anyway, with her being a beast, there is the added problem of her needing to be transformed to have a 16 Mt weapon and also have the cavalry beast effect of Atk/Def-4 and denying follow-ups if she initiates. Otherwise, she'll have a 14 Mt weapon. Her speed on the other hand is high, but we're getting to the point where +37 speed is becoming more common.

There's also +Res if you want her to pass Foxkit Fang's resistance check more easily. She's kind of like Deirdre and Julia with Divine Naga where +Atk, +Spd, and +Res are all good options depending on what you want from them.

Edit: And I beat Jet Set Radio today. Before I played it, I looked up the characters and Cube was an instant hit for me. I didn't realize it until yesterday that she reminded me of Faith Connors from Mirror's Edge and that's probably why she became an immediate favorite. Gum is cool too.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Any of you gorls play Tree of Savior? I just started it and it's kinda cute/fun. It's basically a revamped Ragnarok with an obscene amount of class combos that makes it impossible to wind up with a crappy character. Which is pretty nice. We can also name our characters whatever we want since there's a Lodge Name (name that shows on all characters to deter scamming heauxes) and then whatever little things we name our gorls to differentiate them. My Lodge Name is ofc LilPuddin and I'm on NA if any of you gorls play ToS already somehow.

You pick 1 of the 5 classes. Each class has about 15 subclasses to choose from as they level up. So you have 1 base class, then 3 subclasses. It's genius in a way because you have to actively try to make a bad character. Like choosing 3 subclasses that all use different weapons and even then you'll probably still wind up with something usable lmao. But at the same time it's a lot of information to go over to make sure all 3 classes synergize nicely enough without needing too many weapons/resources.

atm I'm making a Musketeer gorl who will have Falcon Babies protect ha and then she'll pull out a flute to wreck mobs with debuffs. It's fun running and gunning, but the game feels a tad too easy. I'm not sure if that's because the archer class is dummy-mobile or if that's just the difficulty. Next is a Cleric that'll be nature-y DPS. Then a BOMBER GOOOORL who also stabs things.

My only beef is the game uses STEAM as a launcher which is notoriously bad at launching MMORPGs so I had to spend 30 minutes googling/troubleshooting. But at the same time, It was worth it since I played 5 hours straight after that. Anyway, the developers IMC inc. only have 1 other PC game... That's been running since 2006. So it's very obvious they put a lot of TLC into their games and focus on what they have instead of creating semi-clones and whatnot. They also publish the game themselves for NA/EU/English, so much like DFO, players don't have to worry about a Cash Shop ran economy. Even though we get, like, 3 cash shop points a day if we play - 1 for 1 hour - from the looks of it.

ok ok enough gushing about cutiepiegame

No he’s my husbando, you heaux
I didn’t check before that circle so idk for sure but the pity percent was either 10 or 10.5%. I wish I knew for certain but I’m dumb :emptysheep:

Gorl pls, I will come over there and ez-lift that fictional handsome boi and carry him out like he's a dainty bride.

But anyway, I got NY!Hrid a while ago and I fed him to L!Azura for the +7 to all buffs. ez choice, ez life

Essentially 2 res over the enemy is +1 to all stats. She also has access to cavalry and beast buffs. In my experience, +atk on fast-ish characters with under 36 base atk means more kills than +spd. 32/38 offenses seem better than 29/41 anyway.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Pokemon Sword+Shield has been replaced, we got Digimon now:

Also to Cress! Cress! , looks like it's a good thing I didn't get Pirate Warriors 3 yet?

So, the best part has to be the music. It's so funky and plain amazing. When I watched Proton Jon's stream of it, the song that said I had to play the game after finding out I own the game on Steam was Mischievous Boy. I'm not sure why, but I really like the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxbcIaAlFgg.
You should look up the Sonic Rush soundtrack, it's the same sort of groove as JSR

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
We got Wolt who looks pretty cute imo, and Ursula finally getting an alt is nutty. I like banner a lot and it has quite a few neat toys but I'm pretty broke from rolling for Eliwood. Speaking of Eliwood, I got fairly lucky on that banner myself, I ended up hauling him, Ephraim, Grima, Selkie, two Hrids, and three Gunnthras. I'm glad I managed to snag quite a few legendaries, so I should be set for a while. Right now my main goal is to save for Jaffar and Sonya's revivals, with one merge for Jaffar to erase his accursed speed bane, and then snagging as many Sonya copies as possible.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Pokemon Sword+Shield has been replaced, we got Digimon now:

As someone who hasn't played Digimon in years (The last title I played was Rumble Arena 2 on the Gamecube). I'm looking forward to getting this game, I know my sister has Cyber Sleuth on the PS4 and she likes it. But this'll be a great chance for me to get back to it. Now if only we could get the Digimon World remake for Switch. And with the 20th Anniversary movie coming soon, this'll be a good time for me.

Since I did grow up with Digimon alongside Pokemon. Had the original trilogy on PS1, the two Rumble Arena games, and my sister had Battle Spirit on the GBA. This is something I can appreciate for Digimon, is that they're always experimenting with the main series. It has had JRPGs, Dungeon Crawlers, Fighting Games, Pet Simulators, SRPGs, Kart Racers, etc.

And let us not forget that Lili from Tekken made an appearance in Digimon as well.

1562496085185.png

And might as well leave this spicy meme.

Top Bottom