• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It would be okay if Phantom was obscenely good but does it really fix Zelda's issues? The phantom is breakable too which is such a silly idea.

I believe Zelda will continue to rely on opponents lacking matchup knowledge and hoping they approach. Again though, I seriously hope Zelda becomes a very good character.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It would be okay if Phantom was obscenely good but does it really fix Zelda's issues? The phantom is breakable too which is such a silly idea.

I believe Zelda will continue to rely on opponents lacking matchup knowledge and hoping they approach. Again though, I seriously hope Zelda becomes a very good character.
It only breaks when Zelda herself is attacked now, no different from how every other character loses their charge when hit during them.

We all heard what they said about how they'll watch Elite battles closely, so if you think Zelda is bad and want them to buff her, you'll have to suck it up and play her to your best ability anyway, because otherwise they have no frame of reference on how to go about improving her.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It only breaks when Zelda herself is attacked now, no different from how every other character loses their charge when hit during them.

We all heard what they said about how they'll watch Elite battles closely, so if you think Zelda is bad and want them to buff her, you'll have to suck it up and play her to your best ability anyway, because otherwise they have no frame of reference on how to go about improving her.
I don't fully agree with you in general but I appreciate you being here and hope you are ultimately right!

Also, can we just evaulate how much the Zelda social needs Fujin. He even made a Smash 4 Zelda meme after the Brawl one went down in history.

See his profile picture here lol https://smashboards.com/threads/zgd-livin-by-a-thread.206557/page-472#post-18102787

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
He actually made an Ultimate Zelda Social but it got locked immediately. I wish we could have used it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, how is World of Final Fantasy, Cress! Cress! ? No, I did not totally look at your Twitter. :p

I've milked Overwatch's free weekend as much as I could and yeah, I really do like it. I've never been a fan of shooters like Call of Duty where it's deathmatch centric and mainly on how well you do. Games like those never interested me unlike team-based shooters like Battlefield, MAG which I doubt anyone remembers, and some of the modes for Metal Gear Online 2 where its stealth elements were also something I really liked about it. Basically, Overwatch being a team-based shooter is pretty much my alley.

That said, because it's only the free weekend, I've only been able to play mainly quick play and quick play like other fast matchmaking are what they are. Newbies are also newbies, so whatever on that. Few people ever want to play as healers and tanks. I generally wait to see what others pick so I can essentially counter-pick my team to fulfill missing roles. There was one match where everyone chose a damage hero and I picked Mercy figuring not having a healer would be probably be more painful than not having a tank. Unsurprisingly, we lost as there was nobody to help us push forward to the payload. There was another match where the only tank switched out to being a damage or healer for some reason. I was wondering what was wrong since I didn't see a tank during the middle of the match, stuff felt like it went downhill really fast, and when I found out, I switched to being a tank to try and salvage the match. I don't think we won that match. Also, playing Overwatch reminded me of how oblivious people can be. There are blind spots, but there is also not seeing or noticing things happening like an enemy flanking us and taking pot shots from afar. It's even better when I notice it as Reinhardt. Yeah, I'm not going to be able to signal you guys what's happening without a regular ranged option or that dropping my shield will probably get everyone killed.

Other highlights include accidentally spending a bunch of coins on Ana's Merciful skin to see what the prompt was like and if the coin total was for one character meaning I could spend whatever on one character and still have what I had before spending them for another character or for everyone -- it's for everyone -- and somehow getting Genji's young Genji skin. I've never played as Genji, so it's probably going to sit there and sometimes show up when he's on the main menu. Still creepy how his shurikens come out of his arms, though, but I guess it would have been too much of a hassle to reanimate it just for two skins.

Well, I'm on the fence about buying Overwatch. The Black Friday sale ends tomorrow.

Also, I think I've listened to all of City Girl's albums that were uploaded on YouTube. Not sure if the singles were separate, but whatever. City Girl's music is just so nice to listen to.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Infracted for censor dodging
Hey, just wanna throw out the opinion **** leakers real quick

Last edited by a moderator:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going leak haters? :ultzelda:

Hey, just wanna throw out the opinion **** leakers real quick
Wait, when did swears get uncensored!? I thought this was a Christian social. Hang on, lemme fix that McKnightlight.

Hey, just wanna throw out the opinion frick leakers real quick
There we go. :secretkpop:

But yeah, I hate the fact that there are people trying to spoil the damn game on Twitch, Twitter and YouTube. The only things I looked at were Palutena's Guidance and some of the music that wasn't tied to World of Light. That was it.

Also, when it's close to release day; make sure you got your Video Blockers ready everyone! Because ProsafiaGaming's going to ruin the story mode for us all! :secretkpop:

I've now gotten an idea of what to do for my University Assignment, I'll be looking at a Fridge Freezer and see what can be done to it for recycling, renewable energy, is the product renewable or nonrenewable? etc.

Now onto off topic stuff! I've returned to a Pink Square in BBTAG! :yeahboi: I fell down to Yellow a week or two ago, but I managed to climb all the way back to Pink. I know that the colour of the square means nothing, but it feels satisfying when you reach the highest colour out there.

Speaking of BBTAG, did anyone watch the Arc Revo Japan tournament? I'm VERY happy with the results, and we had a man in Top 8 who is a hero to us all.

1st. Gouda (Gordeau/Nu-13)
2nd. KojiKOG (Tager/Waldstein)
3rd. Ryota (Ruby/Gordeau)
4th. 24bann (Akihiko/Hakumen)
5th. Mekasue (Ruby/Orie)
5th. Sh (Weiss/Ruby)
7th. Mabushin (Ruby/Gordeau)
7th. KYONOentremete (Mitsuru/Yuzuriha)

I am so damn happy with these results. A Gorby team didn't win, and some unknown player 24bann just did some well; repping the Thot Slayer himself Hakumen! Gouda I'm happy with, since as a fellow Gordeau main I'm satisfied with these results (Plus he doesn't run Gorby, which is great in my books!)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
He actually made an Ultimate Zelda Social but it got locked immediately. I wish we could have used it.
Fuujin Tho.png
Fuujin Tho.png
Wherever that gorl and ha topic is, we know Fuujin's in a better place.
Fuujin Tho.png
Fuujin Tho.png

Well, I'm on the fence about buying Overwatch. The Black Friday sale ends tomorrow.
May as well get it if it's PC. Console version is OK but the aim is b a d.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So, how is World of Final Fantasy, Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! ? No, I did not totally look at your Twitter. :p
The game is fun, although it's definitely more suited to be played in short bursts than several hours at once imo. U heard some people say that the game was grind-heavy, but it really isn't. Maybe they were talking about post-game stuff idk. It isn't very difficult so far either.
The most important thing I'd say about it is that if you want to get it, don't get it on the Switch unless portability is that important to you. The game itself looks and runs fine. But if you want to go to the Home menu or do anything not related to the game while it's running, the system slows down so much. Sometimes the console just freezes on the Home menu, it's painfully slow. It's a glitch that's apparently being worked on, but... is it somehow leaking over and using the system RAM to run itself?

For OW, people pick healers on their own pretty often now (at least in higher levels), but tanks are still quite rare. If you get the game and main a tank we'd appreciate it <3
Hey, just wanna throw out the opinion f*** leakers real quick
Music leaks are fine but the rest, nah. I've been text spoiled on a few bosses but I still haven't actually seen any of them in action thankfully.
Also speaking of music leaks, rip Crunchii and Dystifyzer and 31 Horas Music but I didn't know about your channel until it got deleted. I've been subbed to Crunchii ever since his very first channel and I've talked to him a few times. Dys I found about the time that FE Echoes released. And you could tell that they both put a ton of work into their channels (especially Dys and his animations, I think every single song for FE Echoes had its own unique video which is crazy), and now it's just gone. It'll all be uploaded to new channels, but that still sucks :/
At least Crunchii's last video was of the best song in the game, the Electroplankton Medley.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
May as well get it if it's PC. Console version is OK but the aim is b a d.
That's what I've been playing it on and I can't get it for console since I don't have a PS4 or a Xbox One.

The game is fun, although it's definitely more suited to be played in short bursts than several hours at once imo. U heard some people say that the game was grind-heavy, but it really isn't. Maybe they were talking about post-game stuff idk. It isn't very difficult so far either.
The most important thing I'd say about it is that if you want to get it, don't get it on the Switch unless portability is that important to you. The game itself looks and runs fine. But if you want to go to the Home menu or do anything not related to the game while it's running, the system slows down so much. Sometimes the console just freezes on the Home menu, it's painfully slow. It's a glitch that's apparently being worked on, but... is it somehow leaking over and using the system RAM to run itself?

For OW, people pick healers on their own pretty often now (at least in higher levels), but tanks are still quite rare. If you get the game and main a tank we'd appreciate it <3
Post-game is usually when RPGs ramp up in difficulty, so they were probably talking about that. Same deal with grinding since once you get to a certain point near the end of the game, it can take forever to level up. Depends on the game, though. Some RPGs start out hard and stay hard or become easy once you learn how it works like Resonance of Fate while others let you choose the difficulty on the fly like Battle Chasers: Nightwar. With World of Final Fantasy, I figure it would kind of be like a game for everyone while also being a game for people really into RPGs, well, Final Fantasy games if that makes any sense. Basically, it looks like a cute, fun game, but it's also a Final Fantasy game.

For Overwatch, as I said, I've only been able to play on quick play and at a low level. I figure that at higher levels or on other modes, people would be more willing to play healers and tanks. I don't really care what role the character is as long as I like them which for tanks so far has been D.Va, Orisa, and Reinhardt. Not a fan of Roadhog's or Winston's designs, I don't know how Hammond works, and I haven't played Zarya, but she seems kind of weird like Winston and Symmetra with how their weapons works. There's a lot of damage heroes, so there's more of them to pick from and for healers, the only one I haven't play as is Zenyatta. Speaking of Symmetra, I decided to play her for a few matches last night and she's so weird, but she works. I didn't and probably will never experience launch Symmetra who was a support and Zelda-tier hero from what I remember. She's effective when people aren't paying attention to their surroundings and get roasted by her turrets. Her teleport exists. What are you even supposed to do with them?

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Fuujin’s always been a curious case to me. He seems so relevant to the history of the early social, but I personally have only seen him comment once while I have been active.

Anyway, it’s quickly becoming clear why Korra Book 2 is considered the worst
Firstly we had a civil war, okay, that’s good. Then it became a near dictatorship, great! Now it’s all-powerful world ending spirit.... WHY?

Anyway Zelda historically as pointed out by EODM07 has had a rough history starting off. This time I genuinely think she’ll make mid-tier. I mean, the early feedback of top players seems fairly positive at least.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I haven't played Zarya, but she seems kind of weird like Winston and Symmetra with how their weapons works.
I didn't understand how she worked when I first played the game, but it's really not that complicated when you get it down. Basically, the damage that you block with Zarya's barriers (usually referred to as 'bubbles') increases Zarya's energy level (which is the number in the middle of the screen when you play her). 5 damage blocked adds 1 point to her energy level. Energy (or charge) caps at 100, but you can only get up to 40 charge from a single bubble. The higher Zarya's energy level, the more damage her gun does (and it has cool visual and audio effects when you get to a high charge, too). At high charge, Zarya does insane damage and can melt through basically anyone. However, energy decays slowly over time, so it can be difficult maintaining a high charge. Zarya also has one of (if not the single best) ultimate in the game, although it is one of the slowest ones to charge.

What are you even supposed to do with [Symmetra's teleporters]?
You can use her teleporters in a supportive way such as to ferry your team across gaps in order to get to the objective faster, or you can use it to teleport yourself and/or your team to a weird spot that the enemy wouldn't expect, so you can flank them with it or drop down from above or something like that. Also, I think you can send stuff like D.Va's ult through it but idk for sure

If you're still undecided about buying the game, and you enjoyed the free weekend, then I'd definitely recommend you buy it. It's only $15 right now, which is the cheapest you're going to find it for. imo the game is easily worth it

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lorde Lorde ,

Regarding Zarya, I meant more of that her primary fire feels weird to me since it's a beam thing which I rarely see in first-person shooters and since I'm not used to her, Symmetra, or Winston, I don't know what the range is like. At least she and Symmetra have a secondary fire that is more like a regular projectile, grenade lob thingie for Zarya and a charge shot for Symmetra, and on that note, Mercy's is a support, lock-on beam, so she's going to be near her allies regardless.

Map familiarity would probably help with using her teleporters similar to Sombra and where you can go to hack and mess around with people. The main difference is that they're highly visible and placing them is a bit weird since you can't place them one at a time. It's weird she is and where you want the place the other one. And yeah, you can teleport D.Va's alt and apparently Reinhardt can teleport while using Charge. Here's D.Va's ult being teleported: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/9zwzeh/our_first_attempt_at_teleporting_a_dva_bomb_when/. A nuke being teleported in front of you would be the scariest thing.

I think I'm going to buy it once I get home. The legendary edition is only 5 bucks more and the discount is much larger, so why not.

Edit: And now I'm officially an Overwatch gorl. :p

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Samus is Hammond/Wrecking Ball confirmed.

Lorde Lorde ,

Regarding Zarya, I meant more of that her primary fire feels weird to me since it's a beam thing which I rarely see in first-person shooters and since I'm not used to her, Symmetra, or Winston, I don't know what the range is like. At least she and Symmetra have a secondary fire that is more like a regular projectile, grenade lob thingie for Zarya and a charge shot for Symmetra, and on that note, Mercy's is a support, lock-on beam, so she's going to be near her allies regardless.

Map familiarity would probably help with using her teleporters similar to Sombra and where you can go to hack and mess around with people. The main difference is that they're highly visible and placing them is a bit weird since you can't place them one at a time. It's weird she is and where you want the place the other one. And yeah, you can teleport D.Va's alt and apparently Reinhardt can teleport while using Charge. Here's D.Va's ult being teleported: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/9zwzeh/our_first_attempt_at_teleporting_a_dva_bomb_when/. A nuke being teleported in front of you would be the scariest thing.

I think I'm going to buy it once I get home. The legendary edition is only 5 bucks more and the discount is much larger, so why not.

Edit: And now I'm officially an Overwatch gorl. :p
Add LilPuddin#11310 and 1v1 my Mercy I will destroy you ok.

btw, if you like Sym you need to get used to using her MB2 more than her MB1. Her MB1's tick rate is 20 (so 20 ticks per second and Zarya's is 5.5 ticks per second), meaning she needs incredible accuracy to tack on damage and it's not worth it at lvl 1 charge. It's also garbo unless it's charged up. So basically don't use MB1 unless there's multiple targets or a shield to charge off of. AAAAAND it's really bad vs armor until it is level 3.

Basically, play Sym as a bawl spammin Samus for most of the game.

This gets worse the more I watch it
tbf your worst enemy is always yourself. :^)

Robin's just diving too deep rn.

Also side note I 100% appreciate your house in MS2 because it has a Princess Swing and lvl 3 gathering, so I can always go to it for dailies. :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Add LilPuddin#11310 and 1v1 my Mercy I will destroy you ok.

btw, if you like Sym you need to get used to using her MB2 more than her MB1. Her MB1's tick rate is 20 (so 20 ticks per second and Zarya's is 5.5 ticks per second), meaning she needs incredible accuracy to tack on damage and it's not worth it at lvl 1 charge. It's also garbo unless it's charged up. So basically don't use MB1 unless there's multiple targets or a shield to charge off of. AAAAAND it's really bad vs armor until it is level 3.

Basically, play Sym as a bawl spammin Samus for most of the game.
Please don't hurt me.

I'm not particularly attached to Symmetra, but I do find her interesting and she seems like a really useful person for defense when she can place three small turrets wherever she wants. That was the main reason I wanted to try her out and specifically on a defense map which worked pretty well. Torbjorn has a more durable and damaging single turret, but it's more restricted in where he can place them. As for her gun, MB2 makes it function like a regular gun, but I habitually use my ring finger for right clicks. Can't really fire fast because of that and when I played her, it never occurred to me to use my middle finger. It doesn't interfere with charging it, so charge shots are fine and can do good damage.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I spent 100 orbs I should've saved and got a 5* Shigure and Surtr so yay I guess. Neutral (idc) and -spd/+hp (Stance 4 fodder anyway since it's perfect for a mixed ranged wall). It was during a session with 4 blues and 1 green and I was super amped for a Ylgr because dat A passive. But. Like. This is fine too.

Please don't hurt me.

I'm not particularly attached to Symmetra, but I do find her interesting and she seems like a really useful person for defense when she can place three small turrets wherever she wants. That was the main reason I wanted to try her out and specifically on a defense map which worked pretty well. Torbjorn has a more durable and damaging single turret, but it's more restricted in where he can place them. As for her gun, MB2 makes it function like a regular gun, but I habitually use my ring finger for right clicks. Can't really fire fast because of that and when I played her, it never occurred to me to use my middle finger. It doesn't interfere with charging it, so charge shots are fine and can do good damage.
My favorite thing about Sym is even when you're channeling the Sass Gawdess haself and slaying all the heauxes, the 1 thing you did wrong is why the match was lost. :^)

But it's not her fault. It's the manbabies' faults for having to rely on a Sym-carry to win the game for them. :secretkpop:

btw if you have a mouse with buttons on the side, you should put crouch/melee on them. Ult on the mouse wheel (click) and Q/E for the abilities. It makes it easier to reach everything AND not accidentally use your Ult. That's the worst thing I did frequently as a new OW player. rip to all those D.Va mechs that died in vain.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
btw if you have a mouse with buttons on the side, you should put crouch/melee on them. Ult on the mouse wheel (click) and Q/E for the abilities. It makes it easier to reach everything AND not accidentally use your Ult. That's the worst thing I did frequently as a new OW player. rip to all those D.Va mechs that died in vain.
Yeah, my mouse has two side buttons and the game automatically bound melee to the back button because apparently it's mouse 4 for my mouse. V to melee is weird. F would have worked better, but they decided it should be the acknowledge button.

Edit: Hrid's banner summon.
4* F!Corrin: +Res, -HP.

4* Florina: +Res, -Def.

3* Lilina: +HP, -Spd.

4* Roderick #1: +Spd, -Def.

3* Seliph: +Res, -Atk.

5* summer Cordelia: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Effie: +Res, -Def.

5* legendary Lucina: +Res, -Def.

4* Reinhardt: +Spd, -Def.

3* Roderick #2: +Def, -Res.

And a freebie +Res, -Atk, 3* Hinata.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going fans of the Mercury Family?

Also, Celica is precious.

I love how Minerva points in the opposite direction to try and correct her.

If she does make it into BBTAG with Kokonoe, then I'd be down with using them along with Gordeau.

Might as well repost what my theorized moveset for her. :secretkpop: (Also, who here is planning on getting Blazblue Centralfiction when it comes out on Switch?)

Input | Move 4A |
5AAA |
5BBBB |
5C |
2A |
2B |
2C |
DP/A+D |
jA |
jB |
jC |

Input | Move j214A/B/C |
214A/B/C |
236A/B/C |
4P |
5P |
6P |

Input | Move 236BC |
214BC |
222BC |

Also, I've been under the weather recently, got a sore throat, a bad cough and my nose has been running. But at least the crap is starting to come out now, it always seems to be around this time of year that I end up falling sick. It's kind of bad that I'll be behind some of my work because of this damn cold. Oof.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i did two full summons on Hríd’s banner hoping to pull him or Brave Hector. Didn’t get either, but i did manage to get a +atk -res Legendary Lucina. I’m definitely going to train her up and maybe put her on my Aether Raids defense team idk. now i have to save as many orbs as i can for the Winter’s Envoy rerun since I desperately want winter Chrom to complete my armor team

Ffamran Ffamran Which overwatch heroes have you been playing? Have you been trying everyone out or are you starting to find characters that you like more than others?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ffamran Ffamran Which overwatch heroes have you been playing? Have you been trying everyone out or are you starting to find characters that you like more than others?
I didn't play the no limits mode during the free weekend and I probably should have, so most of the heroes I've been able to play were healers and supports. Trying them out in training isn't enough compared to seeing how I do in an actual match. The only healer I haven't played yet is Zenyatta and the only tanks I haven't played as are Hammond, Roadhog, Winston, and Zarya. For healers, I'm okay with playing as any of them, but Brigitte will take getting used to as a melee hero. Ana and Mercy are the most comfortable to play as while Moira is fun, but getting used to her range for offense is something I'd need to work on. The tanks I chose to play as were an aesthetic and design thing as I said earlier in a previous post, but I think I will try out Zarya some time. Between the two roles, I'd rather play as a healer than as a tank.

For damage heroes, Soldier: 76 would be a comfort pick. He reminds me of a mix of the assault class in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3. Assault uses assault rifles where in BC2, they were equipped with grenade launchers and ammo packs while in BF3, they had first aid kits and defibrillators. Ashe is someone I want to get good at because I like her weapon, McCree is on a similar boat as I like revolvers, messing with people with Sombra is fun, and I did get to try out Tracer once and she also feels like a fun character to mess with people. Symmetra is a thing. I don't think I'd want to play as her even though I think she's a good character. I have no idea what to do with Junkrat and Widowmaker is another case of she's a sniper and I'm not good a snipers unless I can use them to counter snipe people or at closer distances than snipers usually are at which might be a problem considering how her weapon works. I haven't tried out Bastion, Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo, Mei, Pharah, or Torbjorn yet. Reaper was used in a round and I'm wasn't feeling him. Weapon-wise, I also prefer pump-action shotguns over semi-automatics, so there's that.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going four weeks till Christmas fans? :ultzelda:

Firstly, have more of your bara boi Lil Puddin Lil Puddin .

And I know what you're thinking. Gordeau's such a-

He is indeed a Righteous Daddy. :secretkpop:

Anyway, I'm slowly getting better. Though my coughing woke me up earlier then I intended so that was a pain in the backside. But at least I'm getting better, I hope.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I assume this is how most GORLS choose their mains:

Firstly, have more of your bara boi Lil Puddin Lil Puddin .

And I know what you're thinking. Gordeau's such a-

You're not fooling anyone gorl. You think you're posting the bara tiddies for me, when in fact, you're posting them for yourself and me.

It's OK to admit you're into G-RATED BARA

It's the least offensive form of bara so it's OK. :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
She's also Kim Wu from Killer Instinct and Laejarn from FEH.
She's also a baNanna. :p

So, KuroganeHammer has gotten some of the movement values. Mario's even faster in Ultimate. 1.6 being the average run speed was okay and Mario's air speed of 1.15 might as well be considered high in Smash 4, but now they're both even higher at 1.76 run and 1.208 air.

For Zelda, her run speed was increased to 1.43 from 1.3 (+0.13) and her air speed was increased to 1.092 from 1.04 (+0.052). Her air speed was fine while her run speed is better, but still meh I guess. It's Brawl Falco's run speed essentially. Her weight's unchanged at 85. Meanwhile, Fox dropping down to 77 which is 2 more than his Melee weight, but 3 less than Brawl and 2 less than Smash 4. Boy needs to eat something. Also, Wolf dropped from 102 to 92 and Ganondorf has his Brawl air speed. Piranha Plant is also the slowest runner at 1.12 as of the datamine where as noted by Kuro, we don't know if it's final or not. Makes sense, though, since it's a potted plant doing its best to keep up with everyone else.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
It's OK to admit you're into G-RATED BARA

It's the least offensive form of bara so it's OK. :^)
But Gordeau ain't a bara, he's a Righteous Daddy. :secretkpop: (He's cool anyway, it's funny I'm dedicated to maining him because of how cool he is. Though I get flack for playing him in BBTAG because some people don't like him. It's not his fault, put your hatred and blame on Ruby instead. She's the reason Gorby is such a slog to watch in matches. :V)

Anyway, how's it going gacha fans? :ultzelda:

Finally returning to some University work, since I did take some days off due to not feeling well. It's only a cough now, but at least the stuff is getting out now though it is an annoying cough. :V

I love how Dabuz and Nairo are "fighting" over maining Palutena. They want a piece of the waifu (Now now you two, share!)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wow, M2K has a lot of nice things to say about Zelda

Hey, if Zelda actually is viable (or high tier, LOL) in a game of 70+ characters I can at least already have a nice, comp viable main for once :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The walk speed page is live and Zelda walks faster at 0.914 compared to her 0.87 walk speed in Smash 4: http://kuroganehammer.com/Ultimate/WalkSpeed.

I'm not sure if Zelda walking slower would be sassier than her walking faster. Also, Wolf's walk speed was reduced in Ultimate which is kind of odd. It dropped down from 1.3 in Brawl to 1.208 which with his run speed being increased to 1.54 from 1.4 is basically him trading some of his walk speed for run speed.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Thanks Youtube. Thanks. I hate it. Thanks.

But Gordeau ain't a bara, he's a Righteous Daddy. :secretkpop: (He's cool anyway, it's funny I'm dedicated to maining him because of how cool he is. Though I get flack for playing him in BBTAG because some people don't like him. It's not his fault, put your hatred and blame on Ruby instead. She's the reason Gorby is such a slog to watch in matches. :V)
tbh he is pretty cool in a way that's almost unbearable but he does it just enough to be cool without being over-edgy. Kinda like how McCree is a ridiculous cowboy, but is not TOO ridiculous so he comes off as a kewl dewd andhandsomehusbandowithniceabswhoisvoicedbyMattMercerwhoprobablyalsohasniceabs.

That's why Bayonetta is also awesome. She's so absurd, but owns it and isn't made fun of it by the creators. She's the Kween Bee, step down Beeyoncee. :secretkpop:

Wow, M2K has a lot of nice things to say about Zelda

Hey, if Zelda actually is viable (or high tier, LOL) in a game of 70+ characters I can at least already have a nice, comp viable main for once :secretkpop:
He was afraid he'd be attacked by the gorls, because he knows we are bored and need new memes. Everyone is in danger.

The walk speed page is live and Zelda walks faster at 0.914 compared to her 0.87 walk speed in Smash 4: http://kuroganehammer.com/Ultimate/WalkSpeed.

I'm not sure if Zelda walking slower would be sassier than her walking faster. Also, Wolf's walk speed was reduced in Ultimate which is kind of odd. It dropped down from 1.3 in Brawl to 1.208 which with his run speed being increased to 1.54 from 1.4 is basically him trading some of his walk speed for run speed.
With how attacks work midrun now, walk speeds are basically just memes now unless they're fast enough to contend with slow gorls (like Marth vs Zelda basically).

I am pleased to see Plant Boi being the slowest walker and runner, considering he's, you know, moving around in a pot/warp pipe. So it looks like they took Simon's design (whip things) and applied it to another character. He's gonna be slow, but everything's gonna have huge hitboxes because he is a stretchy plant boi.

Now should I have Plant Boi's playertag be Audrey II for 0 creativity or something more on the nose like Plant Kween/Daddy.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I went ham a bit on Overwatch to get to level 25 to see what competitive matches were like. Well, it's a thing. I encountered one really salty player on my team in one match. Dude said our team was worthless and boasted about golden damage because our other teammates weren't able to do enough damage and stuff. Kind of funny to see how mad the player was. And there there was the rug intro in another match.

While leveling up, I tried out Pharah and Zenyatta and I really like them. Pharah can do a lot of damage if she gets direct hits, splash damage helps out everyone even if I can't land direct hits with her, and it's fun raining rockets onto people. Before I played her, I managed to get her Amethyst skin during the free weekend and it reminds me of Samus's Gravity Suit. Zenyatta being able to debuff someone on sight is really useful and he hits pretty hard, especially if you can get a charged volley onto someone. As a healer, I feel like I would only play him if someone else was playing another healer since he can heal, but he targets mainly one person at a time and switching doesn't seem as fluid as with Mercy. Also, I tried Zarya and it didn't go well. Probably going to need more practice to get used to her range and barrier management.

Anyway, this is a bit late, but Kingdom Hearts III is unsurprisingly getting pre-order DLC: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/27/kingdom-hearts-iii-december-2018-trailer-schedule-released/. Pre-ordering it from select retailers net you a DLC Keyblade. I guess it's more like DLχ. :p

For FEH, five red orbs showed up on the voting gauntlet banner, so I decided to see if I could get Laegjarn. Spoilers: didn't happen.
4* Hana: +Res, -Spd.

3* Henry: +Def, -HP.

4* Palla: +Atk, -HP.

4* Roy: neutral.

3* Stahl: +Res, -Spd.

With how attacks work midrun now, walk speeds are basically just memes now unless they're fast enough to contend with slow gorls (like Marth vs Zelda basically).
Or Ryu and Ken with how their ground movement works even though their walk speed is pretty slow.

Walking is still not as committal as dashing and running, so there is that and in the case of Wolf, his fast walk did become a bit slower. It would have been nicer if he kept his 1.3 walk speed or even having it be increased to 1.40 to 1.44 and let him carry the Melee Falco run-walk speed difference.

Fall speed was found by another dataminer/worker and it wasn't as big of a change compared to air speed, run speed, and walk speed where most of the cast were increased up to percentage. Only a couple characters received fall speed changes and a big one is that Bowser is a fast-faller now: https://twitter.com/Virum_SD/status/1068329645467148288. So, according to that, Zelda's fall speed is the same as in Smash 4. No idea about her gravity value, though. The Wolf boards somehow were able to get air acceleration, gravity, traction, and other values. The most recent post stated that traction is much higher in Ultimate than in the previous games. I recall Melee having higher traction values than Brawl and Smash 4. Additionally, unless the guy made some typos, air acceleration might be significantly higher than in the previous games. Wolf's air acceleration is listed as 0.8 and his base air acceleration as 0.1. For comparison, the highest air acceleration in Smash 4 was 0.1 on Mega Man, Palutena, Peach, and Rosalina and the highest base air acceleration was 0.05 on Jigglypuff. If it's not they're not typos or an engine change or whatever, then Wolf's aerial acceleration is 8 times as much as the highest in Smash 4 and his base is twice that of the highest in Smash 4. This would probably be similar to other characters too. Part of me thinks it might be true since a post on the Falco boards showed a comparison of Mario and Falco moving around and it looked like Falco should not be moving that fast in the air. His air speed isn't high, but it looks like he and everyone else is hitting their top air speed much faster than in the previous games. At the same time, this probably would have been noticed early on by people who got a chance to play demos of the game.

Eremitaviola

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5198-1572-7120
It's finally close! Tough if the game got here a day earlier I could really use the three days of holidays instead of having to wait two more days but it's not gonna happen :secretkpop:
I'm like really new here because I don't have a Wii U but these boards really helped me to get used to the terminology so I hope I can still help with Ultimate. I'd like to contribute to discussions in any way but I didn't really git gud at all at FE Heroes or anything else with Multiplayer soo... I have like five single player games to beat and ten I haven't even started send help. I'm playing Bayonetta, it's really fricking fun! The best part is that if I was still thirteen in my hating all the girl characters who aren't tomboys like me phase I wouldn't see the difference between good and bad fanservice and feel insulted. But yeah she's great I have to tank her and Lara Croft for getting me out of that particular dumpster fire waiting to happen :secretkpop: Did I use the :secretkpop: right? I'm trying to get used to the lingo here but if you want me to shut up unless I find a tech it's completely understandable. Also I probably shouldn't care but is gorl basically your version of gender neutral? Because it's funny but if it means "actually boy playing a girl" I'd just like to know. Anyway I know most of the games that get named here so thanks to you gorls for helping me stay sane until Ultimate

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going YGO Banlist fans? :ultzelda:

So I heard that the main protagonist's boss monster is now Forbidden in YGO. :secretkpop:

Imagine that. Every other protagonist before him, didn't even get their boss monster banned.

Yugi's Dark Magician, Jaden's Elemental HERO Neos, Yusei's Stardust Dragon... etc. And yet THIS one got banned. :V

tbh he is pretty cool in a way that's almost unbearable but he does it just enough to be cool without being over-edgy.
That's why Bayonetta is also awesome. She's so absurd, but owns it and isn't made fun of it by the creators. She's the Kween Bee, step down Beeyoncee. :secretkpop:
I remember hearing that during development of Under Night In-Birth, that there wasn't the token cool old man, so they created Gordeau to fit that role; but they also gave him a scythe since he didn't have enough reach due to the 16:9 screen ratio of the game.

Also, I love how French Bread created the concept art in sprite art, that's really amazing dedication to the art style.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I have returned from my extended slumber and am SO glad to see these familiar faces back instead of the 90% new people when Ultimate was announced. :shades: Jk, we welcome all the new Zeldas we can get bc they've got taste. Of course Fujin returned, but now I wonder what happened to Macchiato or whatever his name was. I always forget.

Anywas, can't wait to lab her out with you guys and find new (impractical) combos and tech! You guys know the drill by now. :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Zelda has a slightly faster Smash 4 Falco dash speed at 1.958 now while Ultimate Fox's was reduced from 2.4 to 2.09 which is also Wolf's dash speed. ZSS is now the character with the fastest dash at 2.42 while Little Mac is still in second place. Third is now Sonic with a 2.31 dash because why not. The slowest dash speed is Olimar's 1.606 compared to the slowest in Smash 4 being Bower's and Charizard's 1: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Dash#Super_Smash_Bros._4_rankings.

Top Bottom