• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I finally got two dogs now!

Springer Spaniels and my parents have named them Stan and Ollie. After the lead actors from Laurel and Hardy.
They're about 16 weeks old, so they do howl during the night and they do poop a lot. So hopefully, we can get them into a routine and then that way, they won't be howling during the evening and do their business outside. :V

Here's a photo of them which I'll leave in a spoiler.

StanAndOllie.png

Funny thing was that my dad said "We'll keep this home dog free from now on!"... That lasted seven years and my mother persuaded him to get another (Two in fact, since these two dogs are brothers and they're always together). :V

Anyway, I now got Fire Emblem: Three Houses and I've joined the Black Eagles, and I plan on trying to get Mercedes over to join the Black Eagles too. Also, who should I S Support as F!Belyth?

I got three choices (Two for now). Edelgard, Dorothea and Mercedes*.

* - If I can get her to join the Black Eagles.

How is everyone else enjoying Three Houses btw? I haven't gotten that far into the game, as I'm exploring the Academy.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also, who should I S Support as F!Belyth?
You should totes put a ring on Lorenz. No, seriously though, Lorenz is giving me Virion vibes of someone who looks pompous and maybe acts or is kind of pompous, but when you get to know them, they're genuinely kindhearted. Anyway, this assumes you can even recruit multiple people from other houses.

Of those three, though, my votes go to Dorothea and Mercedes. Dorothea has a cool hat and Allegra Clark voices her and if you're going through that much trouble to recruit Mercedes, then might as well support her. Also, Mercedes's hair looks really soft and fluffy.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
EODM07 EODM07 excuse me sis, are you a P A R E N T with two beautiful babies now???

Oh boy, Imma lay down one of dem H O T T A K E S

Okay, firstly is that honestly what you've thought all this time? That Niles and Soliel are the ideal of what a gay man or lesbian would physically look for in a partner? Cause if so W O O O O O W.

Secondly, Fates did have other bi characters, because you cannot convince me Silas isn't even more Corrinsexual than Carmilla is or that Leo would let Odin wear those pants unless he liked the view. That sexuality has to be explicitly stated to be true is such a weird concept in these new fandoms. Like, this straight up was not a thing even five years ago.

It's always been weird to me the massive backlash to Sothis. She's an adult and that's legit all that matters; like do you all look at people IRL and decide that you have the right to judge their personal decisions based on how they look or act? If they're an adult, then it's none of yo business???

But even then I could accept the backlash as self-consistent yet snobby if it wasn't immediately followed by people demanding they be allowed to **** more of their actually underaged students.

Like, it does not matter if Byleth is a guy or a girl, The player character is still their teacher. That doesn't somehow get less creepy if you change the genitals your're ****ing them with.

1) Shut yo mouth, Lynhardt is precious boi who grow up into whatevAH he wants unless it requires large hands
2) Shut yo mouth harder, imma heal the fractured relationship between a father and daughter in a long gambit that will surely blossom into something more with a man old enough to do his taxes and you aren't going to ruin this for me.
3) I don't know who this one is, but let's go back to number 1.

We see multiple body types, and even older gay men. That's basically something that doesn't exist in most fiction. That's not gay-baiting, that's called life...especially when you're calling the good options "yikes" instead of having a prob with the 15-year-old you're seducing after his algebra class or whatever.

That's really a problem with the fandom, not the game tbh.

Frankly, I would like it better if none of these pairings existed. That doesn't mean Lynhardt shouldn't have a same sex relationship, but that there's no reason why his homosexual relationship has to be with you. If Lynhardt is gay, why does Male Byleth have to be the other participant in that relationship? What reason besides player thirst is there that Edelgard's gay option can't be Petra? Or better yet, Edelgard's only romantic option be Petra?

And the great thing about 3 Houses when it comes to these types of pairings? They agreed, somewhat! I haven't spoiled much on myself yet, but I know Dimitri for instance has a m/m relationship (or any relationship at all, for that matter) that has nothing to do with you, and honestly that's the way it should be. The Avatar being treated as a self-insert is a stupid idea anyhow.

That a huuuge number of peeps on twitter are going "Nintendo, unless you let us seduce Claude as a man ya'll homophobe ****s" are basically being a bunch of incels because a video game character just isn't into them.

------
I could go on, but it involves me raging about stupid critiques about Persona 4, a new Netflix show about an old anime, and the origin of CLAMP, so I'll leave that for another day.

To end on a better note, I love how as soon as the game came out there's been a massive outburst of F!Byleth appreciation after so many months of ****-shaming a fictional character for having fabulous stockings.
sis I was over-exaggerating since there was just unverified info. But Niles/Rhajat were definitely cuties. With serious issues. But good or cool looking. At least as far as I can tell.

tbh I'd love it if the romance was totally cut out of FE entirely and the highest relationship was BFF-status; even though I think romance is super adorable and cute. With BFFs, people can assume things go further if they want to for some reason. And everyone can be BFFs regardless of what they're born as/identify as. Win-win for all. Wholesome 100% G-rated content thnx. But if queer options are on the table, I want them to be even. 1 queer lady for 1 queer sir. ez pz maffs

Alois is your big brother O U C H 2REAL4SOME.
Gilbert is an older gentleman who wants to protect your smile. :^)
Lindhardt is UwU for professor? ofc

So 2/3 is OK, but that means Queer Ladyeth gets 5. So we have a total of 7 queer characters in a cast of about 50ish playable characters, which is kinda similar to irl statistics. But it's a fictional world and if the options were thrown on the table, there would be no downside into making it even for both sides of the overly-simplified queer spectrum. It could've been:
1 male and female from each house.
1 male and female from non-house sources.
Alois, still as the LMAO SIKE BILETH!!! option ****ing savage IS, rip 2 all

I lowkey like the Alois situation. I'm sure many people have been in situations where they were crushin' on someone and they didn't pick up on any of it. If anything it makes it feel like the characters are at least trying to be real people... In a fictional world... Ye. :'^)

You should totes put a ring on Lorenz. No, seriously though, Lorenz is giving me Virion vibes of someone who looks pompous and maybe acts or is kind of pompous, but when you get to know them, they're genuinely kindhearted. Anyway, this assumes you can even recruit multiple people from other houses.

Of those three, though, my votes go to Dorothea and Mercedes. Dorothea has a cool hat and Allegra Clark voices her and if you're going through that much trouble to recruit Mercedes, then might as well support her. Also, Mercedes's hair looks really soft and fluffy.
After going over most of the profiles since they're not spoilery, I already picked my waifus/husbandos/BFFs/whatever you wanna call them.

TEAM VALOR:
Bernedetta ez pzy MVBFF because purple is OP and she's a knitting and artsy gorl
Hubert seems like a dark humor boi and he's not a dummy, so that's nice

TEAM MYSTIC:
Dedue is another MVBFF because of C O O K I N G and he is a flower boi
Mercedes would be the MVBFF of this house but she hates spicy food??? gorl you must stop

TEAM INSTINCT:
Raphael MVBFF because we can spot each other and he's a big sweetheart??? dude needs to learn about shirt sizes tho
Hilda since she seems to be about style and adorable things, her dislikes is why she loses to Raph

@ the most awful characters from each house (Ferdinand, Sylvain, and Lorenz) :

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I guess I'll stop playing and give my experiences so far.

I'm on month 11 and I'm spending more and more of my free times dragging Seteth and Flayn out for tea. Why are THESE the characters that became my favorites, where did I go wrong in life.
For the Golden Deer themselves, I really like all of them tbh.
Claude: Good archer boi, I'm already seeing him develop some similarities to the wonderfully broken Valentian archers. A really fun main lord, both as a character in the story and as a unit to use.
Lorenz: I like his character a bit more than Virion, but still feel meh. As a unit, oml he's brokken. He started off as trash, but he was getting fantastic level ups for a while so I knew it was just a matter of time until he stomped over everyone.
Hilda: Yay what a sassy gorl. My only complaint is that her defense seems a bit lower than I'd like, but her offense potential is great. Also I love hering her chant "Hilda! Hilda!" after winning a fight.
Raphael: A happy boi that's good at punching things. Kinda neutral on him, but he puts in work in fights.
Lysithea: I've heard people call her broken, but I think mine lost out on a bit too much speed because she rarely doubles. Still fun to use and see in supports tho.
Ignatz: Oops I think mine had too many bad level ups because he's a mediocre mess that's a bit below average at everything, excluding Dexterity which he has enough of. I've recruited a good chunk of the church members and I've benched him for Shamir. A shame tho because he seems like a cute character, but idk how to fix him.
Marianne: Oooooooo she's gud. Healing? She's great at it. Killing things with magic? Also great at it. Talking to animals? Yet again great at it. Honestly I'd say she's a great unit to recruit if you chose another house.
Leonie: I wanted to make her my generic Merc with a sword. It took some work but she's fantastic now. And as a character she strikes the right balance between feeling assertive, but not too much to the point of being bossy or grumpy. Just a happy gorl trying her best to be like your idol dad.
I'm on Hard/Classic. The only map that gave me any real trouble was an optional battle really early on, but it's been fine ever since. But wow this game seems a lot longer than I thought it'd be. Not a bad thing at all, but I am excited to see what the timeskip is like so I guess I'm getting a bit impatient :p

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
EODM07 EODM07 excuse me sis, are you a P A R E N T with two beautiful babies now???

I was. Only lasted two days.

Since yesterday, we took them back to the kennels. Because they were too much to handle.

Sure, they're puppies. But I don't think they were raised with the right environment we had in mind. They were stressing my dad out, one time during a walk, they snarled and growled at some kids passing by who were doing nothing wrong. One of them bit my grandad and because he has thin skin, they drew blood from him and they were even smart enough to get treats from a windowsil that was high away from them, ate them all and pooped everywhere one night in the utility room. I even had to go and sleep in the guest room as their howling was so aggrevating in the middle of the night.

One even tried to escape through the front door because my parents didn't close the door properly. I had to tell them quickly.

It was a family vote that lead to us taking them back. They didn't seem to like my dad or grandma. They paid no attention to me or grandad and seemed to only like my mother. But we're keeping the dog stuff and toys we got for a rainy day, just in case.

My parents think they were more feral then house trained. But hey, it was a learning experience.

And now onto Fire Emblem stuff. Still trying to get Mercedes to join the Black Eagles (She goes "Ara ara" in Japanese). I do have my Bow Mastery at D+ now. So I just need to get it to C then I can recruit her. Or get my Professor Skill to I think B and then she'll also join. I guess in the meantime, I can go and see who else I can recruit to join my classes instead.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Happy update: Boey, Mae, Beruka, and Selena are getting prfs in a week.

4 actually popular characters getting refines??? They must be desperate to get back inactive players. :^)

Me irl because now only Oliver needs a prf:

EODM07 EODM07 sorry to hear that sis. tbh you might be better off with cats. They are low maintenance compared to dogs.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Marianne: Oooooooo she's gud. Healing? She's great at it. Killing things with magic? Also great at it. Talking to animals? Yet again great at it. Honestly I'd say she's a great unit to recruit if you chose another house.
RECRUIT•MARIANNE
Also Warp is still a cool skill I guess, even if the range on it is a lot worse.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
For some reason, last night I thought up something related to that very small fighting game "Dengeki Fighting Climax Ignition". You know, the one which has Sword Art Online, Oreimo, Durarara!! and Toradora! characters in as fighters.

But anyway, I remembered one series I actually wanted to get represented in DFCI. Being Strawberry Panic!.

Since that was my first Dengeki anime I saw, I even read the Manga online years ago, and got the complete Novel collection physically too (Read it when I was at College. It was pretty good.)

But it saddens me that SP didn't get any representation in DFCI. Which is why I thought of a moveset that two characters would have... Yes, I said two because I could see these work as a Tag Duo, similar to how Hisui&Kohaku did in Melty Blood. As for who I can see being in, they would be Nagisa & Shizuma as a Tag Duo.

Might as well leave their movesets here and an image of the two. :secretkpop:

5A - Nagisa lightly raises her arm up, pointing to something.
2A - Lightly swats the air. Can be rapid fired.
5B - Nagisa pushes the opponent away with both hands.
2B - Nagisa gets out a kettle and pours herself some tea.
5C - Gets out a script and recites it. The script has a hitbox.
5[C] - Hitbox is slightly bigger. Multihits.
2C - Nagisa throws her arms out and tumbles. Hits low.
j.A - Nagisa lightly kicks the air.
j.B - Nagisa bends her knees in the air.
j.C - Nagisa gets out a pillow and swings it in front of her.
236x - Summer Trip! (Nagisa falls over while carrying a small bag of sweets. Hits high first, then low. Also OTGs.)
214x - Please! Shizuma-sama! (Nagisa asks Shizuma to help her. Depending on the button pressed, Shizuma will perform the following move: 214A - Etoile of Astraea!, 214B - 5C, 214C - Etoile Anger)
6C/4C - Throw (Nagisa grabs the opponent and pushes them away.)
5A+B - Impact Skill Stepladder (Nagisa pulls out a Stepladder to clean something. Only for it to fall in front of her. An Anti-air.)
2A+B - Impact Skill Spring Rain! (Nagisa pulls out an Umbrella and hops lightly from it. Invincible at the start.)
4A+B - Impact Break (Nagisa pulls out a Frying Pan and smacks the opponent with it. A universial overheard.)
5A - Shizuma taps the ground with her heel.
2A - Shizuma slaps the air lightly with the back of her hand.
5B - Gets out a book and swings it.
2B - Shizuma sorts out her hair. Her Anti-air.
5C - Shizuma does an elegant twirl. Multihits.
5[C] - Shizuma twirls longer. Last hit wallbounds in the corner.
2C - Shizuma gets out a watering can and waters a potted plant.
j.A - Shizuma slaps the air lightly.
j.B - Shizuma twirls in the air.
j.C - Gets out a chair and swings it overhead.
j.[C] - Extends the hitbox. Also hits twice.
236x - Etoile of Astraea! (Shizuma dons her play costume and strikes three times with her rapier.)
214x - You're so cute, Nagisa. (Shizuma asks Nagisa to help her. Depending on the button pressed, Nagisa will perform the following move: 214A - Summer Trip!, 214B - Spring Rain!, 214C - Impact Break)
6C/4C - Throw (Shizuma grabs the opponent and then slaps them.)
5A+B - Impact Skill Etoile Anger (Shizuma grabs a book and throws it in a fit of rage. Is a projectile.)
2A+B - Impact Skill Rose Garden (Shizuma waters a rose which turns into a rose bush. Has armour near the end.)
4A+B - Impact Break (Shizuma slaps the opponent with the back of her hand. Universal overhead.)
22x - Etoile Couple (Nagisa & Shizuma swaps places. They do a short dance and a twirl.)
5A+C - Trump Card Strawberry Spin (The lead character grabs the other and they spin happily while embracing. Multihits.)
Climax Arts:
41236B+C - Noo! The backdrop! (The lead character hits the opponent, only for a backdrop of their stageplay to appear, beginning to fall. Shizuma sweeps Nagisa off her feet and leaps out the way to safety with her.)
63214B+C - Strawberry Panic! (Nagisa & Shizuma fall forward and make a splash. If the move connects, a cinematic will play of the two underwater with the opponent sinking in the background. The screen fades to white just as Shizuma and Nagisa kiss.)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
SmUsh low tiers asking if they received any buffs so they can attempt to be decent. ofc Dr. Sakurai answers:

At least they kinda nerfed some high tiers and fixed some vulnerability inconsistencies. And buffed Mewtwo quite a bit because he obviously needed it the most, amirite gorls?

So hey, maybe by version 6.0 we'll get an extreme Zelda buff. Such as "Made Bair vulnerability match Fair.":secretkpop:

As for FEH I dumped 100 orbs on the Mythical banner and got M!Byleth, L!Marth, and ThiccThighDaddy Greil. So it turned out mostly OK. But I just want the Legendaries or Mythics. I have S+ tier fodder just sitting around in my barracks and no reason to use them lmao.

Diary blog update:
I'm becoming L•U•M•P•Y after ditching exercise for a few months and I'm pretty sure I lost 5+ pounds of muscle and gained 20+ pounds of fat. It's an uphill battle trying to stay fit because my hormones are Zelda-tier-levels of garbo. On the plus side, saving money from ditching gym memberships and not having to worry about creepy gym people and not tracking everything I eat and not weighing myself every day and not keeping multiple charts = super nice. I haven't had an anxiety attack in the past few month except during the first 2 weeks of quitting exercise. Which felt like my body was reeeeeeing like: "ur not gonna keep me healthy even tho i do all i can do to make u not-healthy??? WOW ROOD!!!"

But. Like. Staying fit was basically an extreme time-eater of mine that took up 4 or more hours between cooking, working out, and keeping records. So now I have 4 extra hours to do ?i?d?k? So I bought a gamer chair - with the saved money - since I guess I'll do more gaming or computer stuff to fill up the time. And because back-day was the only thing keeping my posture in check so maybe the gamer chair can do that now lmao oopsT.
I'll still do yoga+stretching tho because it's a requirement to play WFT. :ultwiifittrainer:D•U•H:ultwiifittrainerm:

So basically I'm now my spirit animal.
  • firm looking but wiggles and jiggles when in motion
  • stronk or weak ??? it is a mystery
  • always has whiskers or hair or whatever because seals rarely shave
  • looks both nice and awkward in any kind of clothes; because seal
  • seafood = best food tbh
  • water or rain = best nonfood thing tbh
  • eats barely edible things a lot
  • smol or larj, any shape or size
  • will fight you if you're rude or in my personal space wow get away kthnx
  • idc about other seals (H U M A N S) that much, but non-seals that won't murder me are super neat
  • makes weird sounds randomly
Closeup IRL.png

Now I need a new avatar or maybe reuse an avatar because I am no longer fit but ofc still androgynous and extra. Avatars are the pictures of the soul. Avatars are very important Internet things.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And now onto Fire Emblem stuff. Still trying to get Mercedes to join the Black Eagles (She goes "Ara ara" in Japanese). I do have my Bow Mastery at D+ now. So I just need to get it to C then I can recruit her. Or get my Professor Skill to I think B and then she'll also join. I guess in the meantime, I can go and see who else I can recruit to join my classes instead.
I don't have the game, but people said raising support levels helps in recruiting people unless you can't recruit them in the first place like Dedue and Hubert are staunchly loyal to Dimitri and Edelgard. It reminds me of Morrowind and Fable where you would shower people in gifts and basically bribe them to like you.
And then there's Sylvain who apparently will join F!Byleth because she's a woman.

Wanted to talk about it, but Hilda's voice actress is Salli Saffioti who is probably most well-known as being Ingrid Hunnigan's voice in the Resident Evil games. She's also apparently Mistral in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I don't think the other Resident Evil voice actors are in Three Houses, namely RE4's Leon, Wesker, and Chris Redfield, but it would have been a bit funny if they were.

A day late on this, but Journey to the Outer Worlds is coming to the Switch: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...rlds_when_obsidians_space_rpg_lands_on_switch. It's the game being developed by Obsidian Entertainment, the studio behind Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Alpha Protocol, and I didn't know this, but they developed the sequel to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, The Sith Lords. I thought Bioware made both games. Anyway, I was surprised to see this announcement. Not sure how they're going to do it, but then again, The Witcher 3 was recently announced to be coming to the Switch. People said New Vegas was really good and with how some people have felt about Fallout 4 and Bethesda's recent games, I think there's a lot riding on Journey to the Outer Worlds. Hopefully, it doesn't get over-hyped.

And speaking of wacky sci-fi games, I'm not sure how I'm feeling about Borderlands 3's playable characters. The only character that stands out to me is Zane, the old hitman guy who can deploy shields and a hologram of himself. The other three I'm just not feeling. One's like a Siren with Asura's arms for her special, there's Athena, but not Athena, and this big dude. With the previous games, two or more characters clicked in design or gameplay. In Borderlands 1, I liked Mordecai even though I'm not a fan of playing as a sniper, Lilith was fun when I played here with her Phaseshift ability, and I liked Roland's design and his turret was a simple, but helpful tool. Might play Brick if I ever decide to replay the first one again. Borderlands 2 has Gaige who is stupid fun in character and probably gameplay, Maya's design is awesome, and Zer0 is like Mordecai where I like him even though I generally don't like playing as sniper in a high action game. Axton, Kreig, and Salvador are cool too. The Pre-Sequel has Athena from Borderlands 1's The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, so it's awesome seeing her become a playable character, I like revolvers, so I like Nisha, Aurelia looks cool, and Claptrap is Claptrap.

As for FEH, a 5* showed up, so that's fine. I don't know if I want to spend much on the banner knowing legendary Alm, Caineghis, and Eir are on Sothis's banner in addition to anyone else I don't have like GD Greil, legendary Marth, and hot spring Ryoma and I would like a Sothis as well and M!Byleth is a new character. Problem is that the next banner could be CYL4 and I'd rather spend orbs on that, especially at a chance to get CYL Eliwood unless he somehow ends up as the clear F2P pick. Or it could be another Three Houses banner and it would be nice if Hilda, Marianne, or Petra were on the banner.
5* legendary Hector: +Def, -Res. With my first legendary Hector being +Res and me being okay with his defense, I think I'm going to use him to inherit Distant Counter and Vengeful Fighter onto someone.

3* Laslow: +Res, -Def.

3* Raigh: +Spd, -Atk.

4* M!Robin: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Serra: +Res, -Atk.
4* Clarine: +Res, -Atk.

3* Eliwood: +Def, -Atk.

4* Saizo: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Sakura: +Res, -Def.

3* Silas: +HP, -Res.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I was finally able to recruit Mercedes to the Golden Deer! She was the student I wanted most to join my house, so I'm very glad. Now I'm trying to get Felix (I have B rank support with him and C+ sword ranking and he still won't join me), but I think I'm done with recruiting students after him. I like the Golden Deer units so I don't want to replace them.

Like Ffamran said, raising support with her makes it a lot easier. The higher you raise your support with a student, the lower their standards will be for recruitment. I only had a D+ ranking in bows, but Mercedes still accepted my invitation because I had C rank support with her. Look up her likes and then spam her with gifts that match her interests; that's what I did to get her (and that's probably what you should do for any student you want to recruit).

In regards to FEH, I've been waiting for this Mythic Hero Banner since failing to get Eir on her last banner in April, so I went all in. The grand total was a little over 600 orbs, but I was pretty lucky and got essentially everything I wanted. Pulls under the spoiler:
I just pulled full circles the entire time because I wanted almost everyone. I got:
  • 1x Fjorm (+spd -atk). Promptly merged my +HP copy into this one
  • 2x Caineghis (+spd -hp and +res -spd). New unit. I'm leaning towards keeping +spd for the superboon. He can spd stack into the 40s to avoid doubles and become broken with Special Fighter.
  • 3x L!Hector (+res -spd; +atk -res; +spd -atk; ). I'm keeping the +atk for the superboon and the rest are DC fodder ngl.
  • 2x L!Lyn (+HP -def and +res -def). I foddered off my original copy of her a long time ago, so at least I have her again. She's not as bad as everyone says imo. I'll build up the +res copy and Spd Tactic fodder is a nice bonus.
  • 2x Eir (+def -spd and +spd -hp). My top priority! +def copy was quickly foddered off to Niles for Mystic Boost, while the +spd one will finally allow Donnel to unleash his true potential with the +10 res boost, even if I *still* can't pull a +res copy
  • 1x HS!Ryouma (+HP -def). New unit. His art is great, but those lacklustre IVs combined with the fact that I've been wanting to try Galeforce on a dancer means that Aqua will greatly appreciate his lance after I max his HM
  • 2x L!Alm (+spd -def and neutral). My original +HP copy was very swiftly merged into the +spd. The neutral one is SI fodder ig
  • 1x M!Byleth (+atk -res). I chose F!Byleth in my 3H playthrough, but that's only bc the gay options are bad. I'll accept pulling M!Byleth in FEH, especially since he has perfect IVs. I wish he had the cool 3H DC animation tho
  • 1x L!Marth (+spd -atk). The one I use now is +3 +atk but I'm unsure if I should switch to the spd boon. You can never have too much atk, but Marth does have his prf special that scales off spd so idk which boon is optimal.
overall, that's 15 5* units for ~620 orbs, which works out to just over 40 orbs per 5* unit... wow.

Also lmao the lineup for the next Legendary Hero Banner was leaked. It's actually kinda bad but I'm tempted by Kaden. I regret not pulling for him on his debut banner, but sniping for an individual unit on these 12 unit banners is literal hell. I guess we'll see when the banner actually comes.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Forgot to talk about this in my previous post, but Falco and Zelda went untouched again for a patch. Either they forgot they exist or that the developers feel they're okay. Meanwhile, Mewtwo buffs. Speaking of Falco, I haven't paid attention to SmUsh for so long that I didn't know that Kuro did his frame data until I was curious and checked his site a few days ago.

For more fighting games stuff, E. Honda and Poison are returning in Street Fighter V and Lucia from Final Fight is making her debut in a Street Fighter: http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-on-august-4th. Pretty neat.

2x L!Lyn (+HP -def and +res -def). I foddered off my original copy of her a long time ago, so at least I have her again. She's not as bad as everyone says imo. I'll build up the +res copy and Spd Tactic fodder is a nice bonus.
Give her Dull Ranged and there you go. Her Laws of Sacae is an enemy phase skill and Swift Mulagir works on both phases, but she has Desperation because eh. Doesn't mean she can't be a good player phase unit, but with Swift Mulagir and Laws of Sacae active, she gets Atk/Spd+9 and Def/Res+4. Dull Ranged would help her out further by negating field buffs. The only crappy part is that with Caineghis's introduction, Distant Def 4 was introduced and it has Dull Ranged built-in as well. Faye's attack is lower than legendary Lyn's, but she would be bulkier and all she needs is a ranged unit to attack her to trigger Bow of Devotion's Distant Spectrum to give her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 and if you wanted, Distant Def 4 would give boost the defense part to Def/Res+12 and give her Dull Ranged. Regardless, legendary Lyn is a good ranged tank.

1x L!Marth (+spd -atk). The one I use now is +3 +atk but I'm unsure if I should switch to the spd boon. You can never have too much atk, but Marth does have his prf special that scales off spd so idk which boon is optimal.
Fire Emblem scales off of speed, but Exalted Falchion scales off of attack since it's, well, Falchion and it's effective against dragons. If you're mainly using him to fight dragons, then attack would be better and the other thing is that because of its Spd+3 and Bonus Doubler effect, there could be a chance that Marth ends up being too fast where more speed wouldn't be as important as more attack.

Also lmao the lineup for the next Legendary Hero Banner was leaked. It's actually kinda bad but I'm tempted by Kaden. I regret not pulling for him on his debut banner, but sniping for an individual unit on these 12 unit banners is literal hell. I guess we'll see when the banner actually comes.
I have no idea how they leaked a banner that is going to happen at the end of the month and the month just began. It's so weird and dumb, but whatever, we know who the next legendary hero is and what they have.

If you get Kaden, then you get Kaden. Otherwise, it might be better to wait for a Link skills banner where he might be on it.

Edit: Welp, FEH channel is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSaoEm5MgzM. Unsurprisingly, CYL3 is the next banner. There's also other stuff like GHB and banner reruns and a new mode.

Here's a snapshot of their weapon's effects: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...winners_revealed_skills_and_weapons_combined/, the skills and stats: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ckyz5w/cyl3_possible_skillset/.

All of them have higher BST than gen 3 units with Alm's stats being unclear since he was buffed in his gameplay snippet, but people guessed him as around 172 BST, so between gen 2 melee armor BST or gen 3 ranged armor BST.

CYL Alm is a sword infantry with 42 HP, 37 Def, and 20 Res as his confirmed stats. Atk and Spd were buffed, but Dracofalchion, his personal sword, grants Atk+3 in addition to being effective against dragons and having the surrounded by enemies effects that Walhart's Wolf Berg has, but grants +5 to his stats instead of +4; "If the number of foes within 2 spaces (excluding target) ≥ the number of allies within 2 spaces (excluding unit), grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 during combat." The weapon effects link had a comment guessing his Atk as 38 and Spd as 35. Alm's personal A passive is Scendscale, the exclusive combat art of Falchion in Shadows of Valentia. With the wording of "deals damage" instead of "boosts damage" it's going to inflict true, guaranteed damage like when someone is using a Wo Dao weapon, activates Wrath, is an archer using Shining Bow, etc.. So, 25% of his attack might not scale well, but it's guaranteed damage and if the guess is correct, then CYL Alm's got plenty of attack for it to deal a number on someone. The only meh, but makes senses thing because of how combat arts work in SoV is that it inflicts 7 recoil damage when he attacks with it. An interesting thing about CYL Alm is that he's introducing what looks like Threaten Atk/Spd 3. Threaten skills aren't that great, but maybe this one will be good.

CYL Camilla is a flying healer with 39 HP, 33 Atk, 37 Spd, 21 Def, and 25 Res giving her 155 BST. Her stat spread is closest to summer Camilla who has 39 HP, 33 Atk, 36 Spd, 23 Def, and 19 Res. So, basically her defenses are swapped. She is an offensive healer with her Sanngridr having Swift Sparrow 1.5 built-in, Atk/Spd+3 when initiating, which is kind of hilarious since it doesn't have Wrathful Staff as one of its effects, but Dazzling Staff, so CYL Camilla needs to use her default Wrathful Staff to actually do damage and make use of the Swift Sparrow effect. The full effects of her personal staff is Dazzling Staff, Swift Sparrow 1.5, and Gravity+. She also introduces Atk/Spd Push 4 which works at >= 25% HP rather than = 100% like the level 3 Push skills. Offensive healer. I feel like she might be the F2P pick, but she might not be since CYL Veronica is better at buffing and debuffing while being able to take out enemies when needed. CYL Camilla on the other hand is more offensive which might not be as useful. That said, they both have good movement where Veronica is a cavalry and Camilla is a a flier and Camilla does inflict Gravity on enemies, so that could be useful for stalling strategies.

CYL Eliwood is a lance cavalry with 40 HP, 37 Atk, 35 Spd, 32 Def, and 18 Res giving him 162 BST meaning he unseats Sigurd as the melee cavalry with the highest BST. Stat-wise, he's his legendary self, a +Spd, -Def Sigurd, +Atk Siegbert, or Quan with actual speed. Compared to his legendary self, +3 HP, +1 Atk, +1 Spd, -1 Def, and +2 Res, compared to Sigurd, -1 HP, +2 Atk, +3 Spd, -2 Def, and +1 Res, compared to Siegbert, -1 HP, +3 Atk, +1 Def, and +2 Res, and compared to Quan, -4 HP, +6 Spd, +1 Def, and +2 Res.

162 BST is pretty nutty since he's rocking gen 1 trainee melee infantry and gen 2 melee infantry BST. It's even worse when you look at what his weapon does; Ninis's Ice Lance is effective against dragons and beasts, grants Spd+3, and grants him Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat when he initiates; Spectrum Blow. CYL Eliwood's offenses are effectively 37/38 with the lance Spd+3 and when initiating, his total stats would be 57 Atk, 42 Spd, 36 Def, and 22 Res. He's going to be able to run Galeforce very well outside of his lance not having a Killer effect to reduce its cooldown or granting him a guaranteed follow-up like Dimitri's and legendary Ephraim's lances.

CYL Micaiah is a green mage flier with 36 HP, 37 Atk, 28 Spd, 17 Def, and 37 Res. She's like her regular self, but with more stats and is a green flier instead of blue infantry; +1 HP, +2 Atk, -1 Def, and +3 Res. Like her other selves, Light of Dawn is effective against armor and cavalry foes and adds in grants Res+3 and has the Penalty Doubler effect first introduced as Saizo's Star's unique refinement. As a green mage flier and Light of Dawn is one argument for why she might be a good F2P pick since none of the F2P units, given or CYL picks are green, she would deal effective damage against two movement types, and with Eir and Veronica who debuff enemies with their attacks, she can make use of that to become tankier or do more damage. Her personal B passive was not shown at all not even in text form like Alm's Scendscale. All we know is that Yune's on it.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So EVO is now upon us. And I'm looking forward to it.

Especially UNIST and BBTAG, though I'll check in on Smash from time to time to see what's happening. But BBTAG and UNIST will be my priority... Unless I see a RWBY character or a team consisting of RWBY characters, then I'm gonna skip that and watch UNIST for a bit.

Also, I've heard a bunch of thoughts on Hero. Some say he's broken, he needs to be banned and so on... But then there's the Pros, and I love how LarryLurr says he's High Tier. :secretkpop:

Not knocking him for that, since he is dependent on luck. Though I think the one way they could make him work in tournaments is if they ban Hocus Pocus. Since that can give Hero invisibility, Poison Mushroom, Super Mushroom or a Super Star. That way, players can still enjoy using Hero while abiding to the rules. Or an alternate could be that they could add an option for Hero in the Rules to make it so his RNG isn't always active and it turns off Hocus Pocus.

I'd love to give Hero a shot, but I think I'll pass for now. Since I know people are very upset about him, whereas others love him for the hilarious shenanigans that can occur because of it.

Now onto the main stuff. Fire Emblem and Dawn of the Breakers! :V

I've gotten to the new year of Three Houses, where I had to save a bunch of students from Demonic Beasts. I feel bad for Byleth though, poor girl.
Also, I've ended up making my decision on who to S Support. I'll just say they're very down to earth and always like talking about romance.

As for Dawn of the Breakers. New update dropped which extended the banner to the end of August and they gave us a Rare Hero we can get which increases the quantity of item drops for the event, so that's nice. Though I think I'm done with Arena, since there are too many Firefox Fubukis in there and Shiranuis too. Which are just ruining it for me and it's incredibly difficult to win against them when they can just do braindead nonsense, it saddens me that I honestly think CyberStep will not nerf them because they're Event Super Rare exclusives. I do think they still need to be nerfed, make it even for other players in the Arena... Or they can implement a Forbidden List like YGO did and ban Shiranui and Firefox Fubuki due to how overwhelming they are.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
S I S T E R S , I require help with picking an avatar. For now just stuff lying around on my computer. I'll smash a few memes or screenshots them together eventually.

Also started playing Dungeon Fighter Online again only to find out I lost access to my old account... Which may be for the best anyway oops. They updated the hubworld yet again and most importantly they upgraded their music yeeeee. Their older music that fell under "yes, that is nice, but also all clearly from a keyboard" and now it's on par with higher quality soundtracks. There's a leveling event for the new Spooky Ghostblade (bara man who uses spooky energy to murder people rip) and Enchantress (evil puppeteer loli who uses a patchwork teddybear to murder people and a bunny to buff allies) so I basically get a max level character and appropriate gear within just 6 hours of work. Enchantress' background/origins story is pretty messed up, but ofc, so are half the origin stories in this game. TL;DR is she puts a dying friend's soul into her bunny doll and uses the soul's energy to buff allies - the soul is sentient and is in implied to be in a constant And I Must Scream scenario. Oh. OK. :^)

Also adding the revamped character selection screen music to the B•GAL:

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I think the Junkrat one really suits you, but I also really like the blurry screaming guy.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. EVO has come to an end, sadly I didn't watch all of the games played there. I mainly watched Under Night In-Birth and Blazblue Cross Tag Battle.

UNIST's Top 3 was incredible for me, and they were all insanely close. Might as well leave the results here. :yeahboi:

1st. Clearlamp_O (Byakuya)
2nd. Oshuu-Hittou (Seth)
3rd. Hishigata (Nanase)
4th. Kure (Yuzuriha)
5th. Rikir (Enkidu)
5th. Neji (Mika)
7th. Senaru (Eltnum)
7th. Libekichi (Mika)

The highlight for me was again, Top 3. I just loved how everyone played out of their minds during it. It was a spectacle to behold to be honest, and I hope it'll make more people interested in Under Night, because that game needs all the love it gets.

Speaking of, they did show off UNICLR (Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late [cl-r]), with balance changes, new moves, ectera along with Londrekia who is from the Ritter Shield. A branch organization from the Licht Kreis. So I can already see him being the polar opposite of Wagner.

Here's the UNICLR trailer btw.

BBTAG wise. I was disappointed with the Grand Finals results, not because of how the people played; they played out of their minds, but it was mainly because it was Ruby and Yang that won EVO. And that just disappointed me due to the fact that I hate those two in BBTAG so much, but I'll probably rant about that another time.

I was happy with that Kyamei did reset the bracket and I was rooting for him, but alas it wasn't enough. Oh well.

1st. Shinku (Yang/Ruby)
2nd. Kyamei (Mitsuru/Akihiko)
3rd. Domi (Akihiko/Yuzuriha)
4th. Mekasue (Orie/Jubei)
5th. Fenritti (Mitsuru/Yuzuriha)
5th. Bace (Mitsuru/Yuzuriha)
7th. Jona (Akihiko/Ruby)
7th. KojiKOG (Waldstein/Tager)

The announcement trailer however, that got me excited in both a hype and funny way... I think you lot should watch the trailer to find out why.

I didn't watch SFV, T7 or Smash since I was asleep by the time Smash's Top 8 was happening. SFV didn't interest me, and T7 I'm sure was hype as hell.

But I want to ask, what were the hypest moments for you all?

Choose the flan.
Did someone say Flan!?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Screaming man from How To Goof a Predator + ancient puddi meme boi it is then. :secretkpop:

Also, thanks Youtube Recs for reminding me Booty Quake It exists and thanks for combining it with a cursT video. So without further ado time to spread post it here to share the trauma. :^)))

How I groove when one of dem good beats play while I'm at a party or in the car:

How I groove when one of dem good beats play while I'm alone or in a lockable room at a party:

Again. Thanks youtube. I hate it.

Anyway, we're getting 4 3Houses Heroes for the next banner on the 7th which will likely come with the 4 weapon refines during the update on the 6th. GHB is Death Knight or whoever that edgy loser is. I guess stats will be revealed late tomorrow. As for the Heroes on the banner, we get Hilda (axe), Petra (flying blue dagger???), Mercedes (staff), and Hubert (red tome). All three of the weapon users have big boi weapons and ofc the staff user is OK but nothing special. Prf/staff refines when??? Hubert introduces a new tome, Fox Tome, that gives the enemy -4 to all foe's stats if unit initiates... Which is basically reverse Swift Sparrow+Bracing Blow so that's super duper funny at least. As well as being a weird way to deal with powercreep.

The new 3H banner will also come along with yet another Forging Bonds event. So I assume all new non-seasonal banners will come with Forging Bonds from now on. Usually they're a bit more spaced out. Either way we get 8 more accessories eeeeeeeee. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some 3H music for the Concert Hall. I wonder how big this game will get in terms of size with all this stuff they keep adding. They should get rid of Forging Bond/Tempest Trial rewatching options and just totally remove them when the content is over and upload them on to their youtube. That'd save some space for sure.

I somehow got 3 different 5* units from the free summons in a row so far??? Faye, Sumia, Summer Pineapple??? So that's neat, since they at least have very vanilla+basic foddering options. I'll keep Faye around just in case she somehow gets demoted to 3*/4* so I can finally make a colorless super tank that's not W!Cecilia. More importantly I've got 3 Bradys eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I still need 2 Saizos to finish the +10 but getting a bunch of Bradys is nice at least. If I was going to +10 a healer (LIKE AN I•D•I•O•T) it'd probably be him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cassandra returns in Soul Calibur VI and the trailer made it seem like she's the Cassandra from the original timeline instead of the new, rebooted timeline. Interesting and I wonder what her story is which should be out now since she was announced to be available today. The coolest thing for Soul Calibur VI probably has to be Samurai Shodown's Haohmaru being announced as the next guest character. Mitsurugi's Soul Calibur II 2P costume is coming back and for a vengeance. Yes, I know that Haohmaru came before Mitsurugi and Mitsurugi probably was inspired by him. So far, SNK has had guest characters for Dead or Alive (Mai and Kula), Fighting EX Layer (Terry), Tekken (Geese), and now, Soul Calibur. I don't know what Capcom is doing, but maybe they should get on this if SNK is okaying guest characters like candy.

In Tekken, Zafina is back and she has a weird, glowy left hand now. People joked that Velvet Crowe joined Tekken because of that and I thought of Nero from Devil May Cry. Her fighting style is really weird. It's like Voldo's, but less creepy which mostly has to do with Zafina not looking like some BDSM slave you only bring out to terrify the hell out of people. The new character Leroy Smith is neat. He looks like he's representing Wing Chun and maybe a bit of Jeet Kune Do alongside the Laws.

As for FEH, update dropped.
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cmjpv0/changing_winds_lvl_40_and_1_stats/.

Hubert's 41 HP, 39 Atk, 32 Spd, 19 Def, and 25 Res gives him 156 BST and he has a resistance superasset and no superflaws. Yo, someone guessed that Hubert would have 39 Atk and they were right. Holy crap! I heard Lysithea is a beast in Three Houses, so I wonder what her offenses will be. His attack alone makes me feel like he won't demote. Sure, he's an infantry mage, but if you give him a Rauthblade tome, the amount of attack he can reach would be very high since the red mage with the next highest attack in the 3* to 4* pool is Lilina who has 37 base neutral attack, but 25 speed. Lilina already does her own, delightfully monstrous thing by stacking attack with Forblaze. Hubert kind of does the opposite, but reaches a similar end by inflicting in combat debuffs with the newly introduced Rauthfox. Sure, we have Tharja who has a personal Rauthblade, but this dude is rocking 39 base neutral Atk, the highest of any mage now after summer Laevatein's 38.

Petra's 40 HP, 32 Atk, 38 Spd, 25 Def, and 20 Res gives her 155 BST and she has a defense superasset and a HP superflaw. She is basically a flying Ylgr. Compared to Ylgr, +2 HP, -1 Atk, and +5 Def.

Hilda's 43 HP, 37 Atk, 37 Spd, 28 Def, and 23 Res gives her 168 BST and she has a resistance superasset and no superflaws. She's summer Innes with more attack or Linus with more speed. Compared to summer Innes, +1 HP, +3 Atk, -2 Def, and +3 Res and compared to Linus +1 HP, +3 Spd, -4 Def, and +4 Res. Regardless of who she is like, she has the highest total neutral offenses for an axe unit as the next highest were Legion (36/35) and summer Ylgr (35/36), followed by summer Innes (33/37) and Linus (37/33), and then Edelgard (39/30) and Raven (34/35).

Mercedes's 39 HP, 33 Atk, 30 Spd, 22 Def, and 33 Res gives her BST and she has a HP superasset and no superflaws. She is a gen 3 Mist and Serra. Compared to Mist, +6 Atk, +2 Spd, +2 Def, and +1 Res. Compared to Serra, +6 HP, -1 Spd, and +1 Def. A +Res, -Spd Brady is also comparable.

The Death Knight's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 25 Spd, 30 Def, and 27 Res gives him 157 BST and if he were summonable, he'd have a speed superasset and a HP, defense, and resistance superflaws. Stat-wise, he's kind of like Berkut, Clive, or Stahl if you dumped their HP into Atk and Res or amusingly enough because lance cavalry is becoming so damn over-saturated, a +Res, -Spd Dimitri. Compared to Dimitri, -1 Atk, -4 Spd, -4 Def, +9 Res. He has a own personal lance which has a Killer effect and grants him Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 and prevents his foe's follow-up attack is his foe has a field buff active on them or has an increased movement buff on them which I think the wording implies it won't work on beast fliers and only on armors using Armored Boots or have an Armor March buff. His default skills are Blazing Flame, Escape Route, and Close Guard. Skills link: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cmjqwx/death_knight_the_reaper_skills/.

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cml3p2/4_refines_1_stop/.

Beruka's new axe is a personal Killer Axe with very unique in combat debuff effect. Inflicting Atk-4 and Guard on her foe when her HP is >= 50% HP increases her bulk considerable as her default defenses would effectively be 41/26 and she would be able to prevent or slow down special charges. The only meh thing about her axe is how it looks. I know it's a recolored Iron Axe in Fates, but man, it looks ugly and doesn't make sense for Beruka, an assassin, who even talks about taking care of her weapons. Meanwhile, her axe is all rusted and bloody looking. +Atk seems the way to go, but +Res would work well too to make her a mixed tank and there's +Def to make her a pure physical tank. Fortress Def/Res would be really good on her and while their Guard effect would overlap, Steady and Warding Stance 4 would boost the respective stat and extend the Guard effect to as long as she's not dead instead of >= 50% HP.

Boey's new tome is a personal Gronnraven with almost Close Counter as its unique refinement. Almost being the part that it doesn't work against dragons for whatever reason. Boey's resistance isn't that great when not buffed, but his defense is fine and being able to counter against all, but 1 melee unit type is pretty damn good.

Mae's new tome has Death Blow 3 as its base effect. She's basically a +Spd, -Def Lilina now with her Book of Orchids. +Spd Lilina is already a thing, but Mae's base neutral speed is 31, 2 higher than +Spd Lilina's, so she can go +Atk to have high attack and decent speed or go +Spd and have 36/34 base offenses and 42/34 effective offenses when initiating with Book of Orchids. Furthermore, with the base effect being Death Blow 3, she can go for a stat refinement for more attack, speed, defense, or resistance.

The unique refinement works, but it's a bit weird since it overlaps with Odin's unique refinement; it's Atk/Spd Link 3. I guess a similar idea could work with her if you give her Res Smoke and can get her into Vantage range. Smite her into her enemies, nuke someone, and Res Smoke would be kind of like ensuring she still has very high attack on both player phases and enemy phase. Problem is that using her like Lilina and one-shotting people on player phase is really practical and safe. Thinking about it, Boey's and Mae's unique refinement effects might have been made for each other in mind. Boey could Swap or Reposition Mae out of danger and place himself in range of an enemy he can deal with and Mae's unique refinement would buff their attack and speed where the extra speed could help Boey avoid doubles or even allow him to double units that much slower than him.

Selena's Blade is a personal Armorslayer with Sagittae's underdog effect, but with a less stricter and weaker effect. And the unique refinement is a Wo Dao effect. I'm not really sure how to feel about this. Unique Nameless Blade doesn't deal effective damage, but it's much more versatile with its Killer and Wo Dao effects. Guaranteed damage is guaranteed damage, but I think a Killer effect as the base effect and the underdog effect as the unique refinement maybe would be better or a Guard effect in place of the underdog effect or as the unique refinement.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Finished Claude's route yesterday! Honestly this was a really fantastic game, and I'm ready to take all of that tension away by starting my meme run through Dimitri's route! And that starts by making Dimitri my dancer!! Let's see how many terrible decisions I can purposefully make in a single run :)
Byleth: 223 battles, 115 victories. Byleth is honestly a really cool character and I'd be fine seeing him/her in Smash. As a unit, well avatars usually end up broken. Not as great as what Robin and Corrin were capable of, but still really solid at mostly everything. Finished as Enlightened One.
Claude: 228 battles, 115 victories. Claude is cool and great at everything and Joe's voicework was excellent and he is the best FE lord and this is unarguable. As a unit he's a bow unit in a game where bow units are good, and can also fly in a game where flying units are good. Claude is good. Finished as Barbarossa.
Raphael: 250 battles, 115 victories. Good punchy boi. He had ridonk strength, and also decent defense and dexterity. A huge HP pool works wonders and has several options for self healing between his personal skill and the Healing Focus art. I think mine also lucked out on good speed because he quadrupled pretty commonly so that's cool. Finished as War Master.
Lysithea: 206 battles, 115 victories. Yes I somwhow had 4 units end on exactly 115 victories, idk what this dark magic is. Speaking of dark magic, that's what this gorl is great at throwing all over the place. I liked her character more after the timeskip since plot got explained. As a unit she's ur magic nuke, should be obvious. Also Warp is fun. Ended as Gremory.
Lorenz: 227 battles, 118 victories. Remember how before I said he started out trash but then got to a point where he seemes broken? Later on he went back to being kinda meh again. Promotion from Paladin to Dark Knight kinda ruined him I think, he focused less on strength and speed to have more balanced stats since he was able to use magic after promoting. His spell list is alright, but I would rather keep him as a Paladin if I did another run tbh. As a character I also enjoyed him a lot more after the timeskip. Ended as Dark Knight.
Leonie: 239 battles, 125 victories. o boi this gorl. Most people seemed to keep her as a bow user (understandable). I decided to make her my sword user, and oml she destroyed everything. Constant doubles on everything, crits being thrown left and right, avoiding most attacks, she was a valuable addition to the team. Too bad she only has 5 movement... or it would be too bad if Lysithea wasn't there. Using Warp to drop this demon right in front of commanders, and then seeing her double crit them was one of the best things to see happen over and over. Ended as Swordmaster.
Hilda: 249 battles, 134 victories. High strength, high speed, thicc health pool, and picked up Death Blow early on. She's gonna kill a lot of things. That combined with how fantastic Wyvern Lord is in general made her a scary unit. She nearly 1 shot the final boss with doubling, and having one of the hits be a crit. Hard mode btw. Her support convos were consistently some of the best, especially the one she had with Seteth. Ended as a Wyvern Lord. Speaking of Seteth...
Seteth: 122 battles, 74 victories. The other scary wyvern rider. VERY similar in function to Hilda, with 1 difference. He traded offensive power for reliability. He didn't have the pleasure of going through earlier classes to pick up skills like Death Blow which kinda sucks, but his dexterity was much better in comparison. Overall... Hilda is probably the slightly better one, and I'm saying this while Seteth is my favorite character in the game. He joins just a bit too late for comfort, but he's still going to destry stuff. Ended as Wyvern Lord.
Marianne: 143 battles, 84 victories. The pharmacist that fits the harmacist meme. I legit think she might've gotten the most crits out of anyone in the game, and if she wasn't first then she was second to Byleth (Leonie only started getting crits later on for the most part, while these 2 were spamming crits long before the timeskip). Overall a really cool unit to use, and she's also just a sweetheart. She got my S rank at the end and she deserved it. Now in my meme run, I'm gonna make her a Mortal Savant and try to get as much use out of her relic Blutgang as possible. She shouldn't really ever be using swords, but it's her relic so I guess I'll try making it work. Ended as Holy Knight.

And then the others like Shamir who sniped with a bow, Dorothea who danced, and Ignatz who sat on the bench. The end.
Anyways today I got a fabled Kaito plush

Should I put him next to my Zelda, Kirby, or pachimari?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Cress! Cress! ngl I don't even play the games he is from but he is a cute husbando. But that's mostly because he is very purple. :^)

btw the obvious answer is to get is Zelda so you can host pretend weddings and other normal things with Kaito+Zelda. :secretkpop:

Still waiting for my cousin to give me back my old 3DS games to sell for 3H stuff. But in the meantime I'm flipping through Dungeon Fighter Online and Tree of Savior. I got a Warlock in ToS and the best thing is they summon SpOoKy and AnGeRy ▲w▲ faces all over the map and I get to command the spooky ▲vwv▲ bois to attack things. So obviously the ▲wvvw▲ mage is the best class in the game. Then the ice mage gets to summon a big snowball to walk on top of, rolling around the field to scoop up heauxes.

Here is my Spooky Mage, pls do not be frightened of the terrifying ▲vwvwv▲ face army or the B•A•L•L
true spook mage.jpg

Side note: SmUsh Zelda would be viable if Phantom Knight had a ▲w▲ face. @
Gawdess Sakurai1.png
, take notes.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , I saw your comment on the new weapons thread and all the downvotes on it. The first time, -5, just now, -16.

I don't know what's up with the developers refusing to give or keep -owl tomes on bulky units. -raven is good and all, but now we're up to 5 personal -raven tomes and they're all on mages with bulky stat spreads of which the worst is Sophia who has 40 HP and 28/29 defenses along. She dumped her speed so she could have all her stats elsewhere. What did she get? -raven tome with Bracing Stance for the unique refinement. She actually lost bulk and offenses compared to using an -owl tome. The Robins are dumb when the unique refinement isn't close enough to Rally Spectrum which face it, might as well be a legendary Robin's personal skill, and they didn't get an -owl, 2 spaces, +6 max to 2 stats -owl effect like on Muspell Fireposy, Nifl Frostflowers, and Wolf Queen Fang, or a Bond effect when they debuted in the game which introduced Pair Up. Let's not forget that they gave F!Robin Gronnowl for a Tap Battle and everyone saw it as symbolic of Robin's bonds with Chrom or anyone they support and likewise for the characters in Awakening. The stupid part is that remaining gen 1 green mage is Cecilia and guess what her default tome is? Gronnraven. If she ends up with a personal Gronnraven, then that makes 3 green mages with Gronnraven because of course that's a great idea. Watch her get an -owl tome effect as the unique refinement. Sure, let's give the cavalry mage an -owl effect. She and cavalry mages can use -owl tomes well with Reinhardt being hilariously good at using whatever tome you give him, but positioning might be harder with them than with an infantry or flier much less an armor.

Almost Close Counter is really good since it makes Boey a cheap Close Counter unit considering the only other one is the free Takumi who replaced Virion and that Takumi isn't in new heroes banners meaning you have to summon from non-new heroes banners, hope he's on a banner, or hope winter Tharja or dancer Xander is on a banner or wait for their banners to return; and it allows Boey to run whatever he wants for his A passive including T-Adept so he can be the one and only T-Adept -raven mage with Close Counter.

Question: why couldn't Boey have a personal -owl tome, a personal tome with a 2 spaces Atk/Def or Def/Res -owl effect, or even a Bond tome? Is it because they knew a personal -owl tome on a bulky mage would be too powerful or what? Then again, the developers have done stupid **** like demote Reinhardt with his 32 base neutral attack over Olwen with her laughable 26 base neutral attack, demote Ares over his waifu Lene, Surtr and his Sinmara and Surtr's Menace, and okayed weapons like CYL Veronica's Hlidskjalf, legendary Alm's Luna Arc, Ophelia's Missiletainn, unique refined Ragnarok, and Wing Sword and Rhomphaia where double effective damage goes a long way. For all intents and purposes, unique refined Durandal is dumb too with its Death Blow 3 and Swift Sparrow 2. It's on Eliwood, but seriously, Atk+10 and Spd+4 when initiating. On the flipside, you have stuff like Sully's Bull Spear sharing the same effects as Stahl's Panther Sword because she sure looks like an enemy phase unit with her 24/28 defenses.

The units with personal -owl weapons are Innes, Katarina, Raigh, and Soren. Raigh comes the closest to a bulky mage with his 36 HP and 22/29 defenses being the highest as sad as that is and which incidentally, Cecilia has the shares the exact same stats as well -- Cecilia only differs from Raigh by having 4 less speed as a cavalry mage. Innes has 35 HP and 14/31 defenses where his default Fortress Res bumps him up to 14/36, Katarina has 34 HP and 15/32 defenses and she has Atk Ploy to make it more like 20/37, and Soren has 36 HP and 17/29 defenses where at least Soren has Chill Atk as the base effect on his Wind's Brand, so if he's lucky, then his defenses are effectively 24/36. Basically, they all have crap physical defense and Raigh barely has good defense when compared to people with actual defense like, oh, I don't know, Boey (32/18), the Robins (29/22), and Sophia (28/29). Boey's resistance before buffs is ass, but his defense is high and that would have let him stand out very well as a mage with a personal -owl tome. Not knocking down on Raigh, though, when his tome on paper is really good. Effective damage against cavalry, Dull Ranged 3 meaning field buffs on ranged units means jack to him and further helps his bulk, and -owl tome helps him all around if you can position him and his allies well. It's just Raigh is a red mage and he's, well, Raigh.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , I saw your comment on the new weapons thread and all the downvotes on it. The first time, -5, just now, -16.

I don't know what's up with the developers refusing to give or keep -owl tomes on bulky units. -raven is good and all, but now we're up to 5 personal -raven tomes and they're all on mages with bulky stat spreads of which the worst is Sophia who has 40 HP and 28/29 defenses along. She dumped her speed so she could have all her stats elsewhere. What did she get? -raven tome with Bracing Stance for the unique refinement. She actually lost bulk and offenses compared to using an -owl tome. The Robins are dumb when the unique refinement isn't close enough to Rally Spectrum which face it, might as well be a legendary Robin's personal skill, and they didn't get an -owl, 2 spaces, +6 max to 2 stats -owl effect like on Muspell Fireposy, Nifl Frostflowers, and Wolf Queen Fang, or a Bond effect when they debuted in the game which introduced Pair Up. Let's not forget that they gave F!Robin Gronnowl for a Tap Battle and everyone saw it as symbolic of Robin's bonds with Chrom or anyone they support and likewise for the characters in Awakening. The stupid part is that remaining gen 1 green mage is Cecilia and guess what her default tome is? Gronnraven. If she ends up with a personal Gronnraven, then that makes 3 green mages with Gronnraven because of course that's a great idea. Watch her get an -owl tome effect as the unique refinement. Sure, let's give the cavalry mage an -owl effect. She and cavalry mages can use -owl tomes well with Reinhardt being hilariously good at using whatever tome you give him, but positioning might be harder with them than with an infantry or flier much less an armor.

Almost Close Counter is really good since it makes Boey a cheap Close Counter unit considering the only other one is the free Takumi who replaced Virion and that Takumi isn't in new heroes banners meaning you have to summon from non-new heroes banners, hope he's on a banner, or hope winter Tharja or dancer Xander is on a banner or wait for their banners to return; and it allows Boey to run whatever he wants for his A passive including T-Adept so he can be the one and only T-Adept -raven mage with Close Counter.

Question: why couldn't Boey have a personal -owl tome, a personal tome with a 2 spaces Atk/Def or Def/Res -owl effect, or even a Bond tome? Is it because they knew a personal -owl tome on a bulky mage would be too powerful or what? Then again, the developers have done stupid **** like demote Reinhardt with his 32 base neutral attack over Olwen with her laughable 26 base neutral attack, demote Ares over his waifu Lene, Surtr and his Sinmara and Surtr's Menace, and okayed weapons like CYL Veronica's Hlidskjalf, legendary Alm's Luna Arc, Ophelia's Missiletainn, unique refined Ragnarok, and Wing Sword and Rhomphaia where double effective damage goes a long way. For all intents and purposes, unique refined Durandal is dumb too with its Death Blow 3 and Swift Sparrow 2. It's on Eliwood, but seriously, Atk+10 and Spd+4 when initiating. On the flipside, you have stuff like Sully's Bull Spear sharing the same effects as Stahl's Panther Sword because she sure looks like an enemy phase unit with her 24/28 defenses.

The units with personal -owl weapons are Innes, Katarina, Raigh, and Soren. Raigh comes the closest to a bulky mage with his 36 HP and 22/29 defenses being the highest as sad as that is and which incidentally, Cecilia has the shares the exact same stats as well -- Cecilia only differs from Raigh by having 4 less speed as a cavalry mage. Innes has 35 HP and 14/31 defenses where his default Fortress Res bumps him up to 14/36, Katarina has 34 HP and 15/32 defenses and she has Atk Ploy to make it more like 20/37, and Soren has 36 HP and 17/29 defenses where at least Soren has Chill Atk as the base effect on his Wind's Brand, so if he's lucky, then his defenses are effectively 24/36. Basically, they all have crap physical defense and Raigh barely has good defense when compared to people with actual defense like, oh, I don't know, Boey (32/18), the Robins (29/22), and Sophia (28/29). Boey's resistance before buffs is ***, but his defense is high and that would have let him stand out very well as a mage with a personal -owl tome. Not knocking down on Raigh, though, when his tome on paper is really good. Effective damage against cavalry, Dull Ranged 3 meaning field buffs on ranged units means jack to him and further helps his bulk, and -owl tome helps him all around if you can position him and his allies well. It's just Raigh is a red mage and he's, well, Raigh.
They hated me because I told the truth. :^)

His refine is OK, as in its usable. But a half-baked refine is still half-baked no matter how yummy it tastes or looks.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh yay I'm not the only one that's a bit sad at Boey's refine.
Like... how did the decide on giving him a raventome? He's not really the best user of something like that imo, and if you do want it then F!Robin already got it months ago. And fake CC is cool and it's nice that they're adding it to more tomes when they should've had it in the first place... but most people that seriously use Boey already have the actual CC inherited onto him already. It frees up his A slot and he's gonna lose his ability to bop dragons, but ehhhhhh. Honestly my Boey does just fine against dragons already so I'd rather keep CC against them. With his Close Defense seal and Mae standing next to him, that's already +10 Res against them. +15 if Mae activated her Bouquet (not planning on changing her weapon either).

tl;dr it mostly helps people that wanted to but haven't yet built Boey. For anyone that's already invested into him, the refine doesn't offer much, and he would rather stick to his owl tome, a serpent tome, or S!Camilla's egg.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Broke: Hyped for Neo.
Woke: Hyped for Blitztank.

Thought I'd do a Ffamran Ffamran and post a wall of text of my thoughts on the BBTAG 2.0 trailer. :secretkpop:

So this may be a lengthy wall of text. :yeahboi:

Might as well start off with the characters.

First off Yumi I thought was :nifty:. It's nice we got a new franchise in that never had a fighting game before and this is going to be an interesting take on her, since apparently she's the MC of the Versus series in Senran Kagura. But Asuka is the MC of the main series, which is a bit confusing to me. But oh well.

She seems like she'll be a mixture of a zoner with mid to close range combat in mind. Which is something I'm all for since I do main Gordeau in BBTAG. Though she may not do a lot of damage, probably thinking she'll be more of a mixup character instead of just raw damage.

Neo is fine. I at first did want her in ages ago, and now that she's in. I think she's fine, it seems like she'll be focused on counters since she is seen countering Ruby's braindead 5B and ending up behind her, allowing her to punish her optimally. Hopefully she'll be easy to deal with since her abusing teleports and this counter may be too strong if push comes to shove. But at least she's got a nice voice. :secretkpop:

So yeah, I am interested in Neo a little bit. But I want to see more footage of her before I make a decision.

Now onto Akatsuki.

The legendary chad has arrived to help purge BBTAG of the thots! :yeahboi:

In all seriousness, I'm stoked that he's in. I did play him a bit in UNIST and I do find him quite fun to play. And the fact he has a DP that denies projectiles is going to be great. So any players online will get bodied hard if they rely on projectile spam. I am curious if he'll be beginner friendly like he was in UNIST since that's how he was designed, but also curious what his 214BC will be. Will it be 214C from UNIST or something else.

Now onto the main attraction. Our boy. The myth. The legend. BLITZTANK.

Blitztank looks like he's going to be hilarious and fun to play. But from what I recall looking up on Mizuumi and gameplay footage. Blitztank is actually a keepaway character, which would explain why he has a ton of projectiles. So I can probably expect Blitztank to have a weak combo game, but to make up for it does a ton of damage. But I could be wrong they could end up having Mine loops and could partner well with say Tager, Waldstein or even Gordeau from all that could happen.

Here's their character art btw.

Judging from the trailer as well, they're doing a complete overhaul of the game. New moves for characters, balance changes, new mechanics and new UI too. So this is going to be a big update. I assume it'll be incredibly big that they'll even work and edit the lobbies and avatars too (Since Avatar in the Customize section has Accessories tied to it too).

Some of the new mechanics I recall seeing were Extra Assault which I assume is a stronger version of the Clash Assault, but at the cost of 1 bar. Or it can be used as a way to drain Cross Gauge. I know that you can use Cross Burst as an Offensive tool now instead of solely Defensive. So that will be quite cool to see and that if used it denies your opponent from Cross Bursting the entire combo, so you could probably get some big boy damage from it and it also makes you think of whether to use it offensively or defensively which I am all for.

As for characters I want to see get buffed/nerfed the most. I'd probably say Gordeau, Kanji and Teddie need to get buffed.
Gordeau got nerfed way too much imo and he struggles pretty hard. I have heard some say he's still good, but honestly I don't really see it. I mean, I still like the character and enjoy using him a lot, but I do think they should revert some of his changes back. Hell, several pros say Gordeau's Bottom 10 or just outside of Bottom 10.

Kanji is slow as balls and needs to get buffed hard. Since he is often seen as the worst character in the game right now, which used to belong to Yukiko. So the sooner Kanji gets the buffs he needs, the better. Same goes with Teddie, he's seen as a Bottom 10 character since he has poor damage and his combo game is weird too. So hopefully Teddie will get some buffs soon.

Nerfed I hope that Akihiko, Mitsuru, Yuzuriha, Ruby and Yang get nerfed.

Akihiko, Mitsuru and Yuzuriha are self explanatory due to them being too polarizing in the meta right now. Akihiko does WAY too much damage, Mitsuru just needs to do 5A and her Instant Overhead is too good. Yuzuriha is incredibly good and I think they need to tone her down a bit too.

Now, why Ruby and Yang? Sure, I do hate them in BBTAG because I absolutely hate how braindead they can be at times, their personalities too. Plus, their music is garbage for a fighting game. But I just want Ruby's 5B hitbox to get adjusted (The back hit of it needs to go) and her Buzzsaw to no longer autocorrect like the stupidity that it is. Yang's Armour needs to get adjusted too and I honest to god hope they give us an option to TURN HER GODDAMN MUSIC OFF IN SEMBLANCE!

Or ArcSys can't do that because RT wants their token girls to be good and busted. :V

That's my thoughts in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, should have talked about this earlier, but Ducktales: Remastered is getting delisted from all digital retailers: http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...eaves-digital-storefronts-starting-august-8th. Why? Don't know, but apparently Castle of Illusion another Disney game was delisted once before being relisted. Hopefully this happens to Ducktales: Remastered, but until then, the only way to buy the game after tomorrow is through physical copies.

For FEH, I summoned infantry Petra. The Three Houses banners so far have been the worst. I guess my only other Three Houses unit will be the Death Knight. Yay, more death looming over me. The 406th summon was from the Hero Fest banner. It did not go well. Also, more space issues. Had to kick out some people and Duma was fed Distant Counter and Vengeful Fighter from the legendary Hector summoned from Sothis's banner.
4* Cherche #1: +Spd, -HP.

4* F!Corrin: neutral.

3* Hinata: +HP, -Spd.

4* Jeorge: +Res, -Spd.

3* Tharja: +HP, -Spd.
3* Clair #1: +Def, -Spd.

4* Jakob #1: +HP, -Atk.

4* Roy: +Def, -Res.

4* Soleil #1: +HP, -Spd.

5* Ylgr: +Atk, -Res. I now have all the Nifl siblings.
4* Cecilila: +Def, -HP.

4* Frederick: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Legault: +Def, -Spd.

3* Shigure: +Atk, -Res.

3* Soren: neutral.
3* Clair #2: +Atk, -HP.

4* Lucius: +Def, -Res.

4* Lukas: +HP, -Atk.

4* Ogma: +Def, -Atk.

4* Olivia: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Odin: +Spd, -HP.

3* Rebecca: +HP, -Atk.

3* Roy: +Spd, -Res.

4* Shigure: +Atk, -Def.

4* Virion: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Eliwood #1: +HP, -Atk.

4* Gordin: +Res, -Atk.

4* Maria: +Def, -HP.

3* M!Robin: +Atk, -Def.

4* Tailtiu: +Atk, -Def.

Edit: Hero Fest became an excuse to summon. Still haven't gotten a Thea yet. Also, Hero Fest is a lie. All I wanted was another Nailah.
4* Barst: +HP, -Def.

4* Raven: +HP, -Spd.

4* Shanna: +Res, -HP.

3* Silvia: +Res, -Def.

4* Sothe: +Res, -Def.
4* Beruka: +Def, -HP.

4* Eliwood #2: +HP, -Res.

3* Lilina: +Res, -Def.

3* Nowi: +HP, -Atk.

4* Oboro: +Spd, -HP.
4* Abel: +Def, -Res.

4* Cordelia: +HP, -Atk.

4* Jakob #2: neutral.

3* Lissa: +HP, -Atk.

3* Seliph: +Def, -Res. Finally! A Seliph with a good asset and flaw combo.
3* Cherche #2: +Def, -Res.

4* Laslow: +Def, -Res.

3* Saizo: +Spd, -HP.

4* Soleil #2: +HP, -Spd.

4* Wrys: +Def, -HP.
4* Chrom: +Res, -HP.

4* Henry: +Spd, -Def.

4* Hinata: +HP, -Atk.

4* Selena: +Def, -Spd.

4* Soleil #3: +HP, -Atk.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
But. Like. Staying fit was basically an extreme time-eater of mine that took up 4 or more hours between cooking, working out, and keeping records. So now I have 4 extra hours to do ?i?d?k? So I bought a gamer chair - with the saved money - since I guess I'll do more gaming or computer stuff to fill up the time. And because back-day was the only thing keeping my posture in check so maybe the gamer chair can do that now lmao oopsT.
How did you keep your records, out of curiosity?

BBTAG wise. I was disappointed with the Grand Finals results, not because of how the people played; they played out of their minds, but it was mainly because it was Ruby and Yang that won EVO. And that just disappointed me due to the fact that I hate those two in BBTAG so much, but I'll probably rant about that another time.
I dunno, it made be buy BBCTag finally for my switch also because yet another E3/EVO cycle has gone by without a 3D fighter port cri cri and I thought Ruby and Yang was more enjoyable than Ruby and Purple Scythe Dude I was seeing everywhere previously.

But yeah, impulse purchases yay, I guess? I've been waiting years for Tekken on switch, or that SCVI would get a switch release. At least with another round of Tag DLC they might finally add Rise.

Also Tekken was hype as hell.

Selena's Blade is a personal Armorslayer with Sagittae's underdog effect, but with a less stricter and weaker effect. And the unique refinement is a Wo Dao effect. I'm not really sure how to feel about this. Unique Nameless Blade doesn't deal effective damage, but it's much more versatile with its Killer and Wo Dao effects. Guaranteed damage is guaranteed damage, but I think a Killer effect as the base effect and the underdog effect as the unique refinement maybe would be better or a Guard effect in place of the underdog effect or as the unique refinement.
I dunno, I personally love it. Selena's two most used weapons always seemed to be peeps (i.e. me and the three other Selena players) swapping between Armorsmasher and a Wo Dao, and now she can use both of them at once, along with a special effect that let's face it, is always going to activate. Guard would be really good on her yeah...which is why most Selena builds already have Guard 3 on her.

I feel like what we're seeing here is a particular design philosophy we've seen in some of the other units like Cherche; IS is paying attention to how the character is predominately used and giving them a tool to do that role better.

Question: why couldn't Boey have a personal -owl tome, a personal tome with a 2 spaces Atk/Def or Def/Res -owl effect, or even a Bond tome? Is it because they knew a personal -owl tome on a bulky mage would be too powerful or what?
To be honest? Because Boey got the other design philosophy they likes popping up, the Pair Up mechanic :p

I think you hit it on the head in your previous post when you talked about the synergy between Boey and Mae's weapons. They made one of their weapons then made the other to match. Like how they gave M!Robin Tactical Bolt, a suped up Raven tome for the OG blue raven character + his ingame Rally Spectrum skill...then gave F!Robin the same thing cause samecharacter.

Cress! Cress! In other gacha news, I think I plateaued in Dragalia Lost or something? I don't really see any meaningful way to up my Might past the ~14,000-15,000 range (for mono teams) besides investing a massive amount of time and resources into weapons crafting. At the same time I'm finally at a level where I can auto IO daillies so I think that this might be deliberate game design? Only other option I can think of is use some eldwater to ascend all the 4*s I use and hopefully be able to finally beat a Raid fight on Nightmare.

And in other other gacha new, FGO is still a thing and it's anniversary videos are still gorgeous.

Now I'm going to go back to not playing Three Houses because I can't decide on what house to join.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! In other gacha news, I think I plateaued in Dragalia Lost or something? I don't really see any meaningful way to up my Might past the ~14,000-15,000 range (for mono teams) besides investing a massive amount of time and resources into weapons crafting. At the same time I'm finally at a level where I can auto IO daillies so I think that this might be deliberate game design? Only other option I can think of is use some eldwater to ascend all the 4*s I use and hopefully be able to finally beat a Raid fight on Nightmare.
I'm gonna be honest, I'm not able to do Nightmare raids yet either. You could maybe consider clearing them around 18k might, but at least 20k is where you'll usually want to be at to do them comfortably. The rewards from them aren't that important, so don't stress over missing anything. Anyways let's look at everything you can do.
Facilities: Being able to auto IO is FANTASTIC. You're gonna want to go crazy farming this during any double drop or half stamina events. And if you ever have any spare stamina, this is a nice choice to drop it in. The coins are used for building dojos, and you'll need a LOT of coins. Try to avoid converting any coins up or down. For the dojos themselves, you'll want to get them to at least level 16. They get a decent boost going from 15 to 16, so that's a nice goal. There's another even larger boost from 30 to 31 but that requires no-life grinding IO for months, so just aim for 16 for now. The insignias aren't as important since you'll end up with enough after a point, but they have a lot of uses. Oh also grind a lot whenever anything else is having double drops as well. Orbs for altars aren't too difficult to come across later on, but the last few levels need quite a lot of orbs. Scales and spheres for your dracoliths can help a lot, and you aren't getting the dragon spheres from any other mode so make use of double drops for dragon trials when they're up (like right now for Mercury!!)
Weapons: Speaking of one of the uses for insignias, you use these for better weapons. 3 star weapons suck and you can ignore them entirely, so you choices are MUB 4 stars or 0UB 5 stars. 0UB 5 stars are going to be better for the most part with the exception of staff units, who usually want to use 4 stars instead. For 4 star weapons, aim for whatever elemental weapon you want. Then you could spend the resources to get the 4 merges on it, or you could use your silver ingots. 5 star weapons should almost exclusively use damascus ingots to get merges, but that's much later on (I still haven't used any myself).
Wyrmprints: Spend your eldwater here. Look up what prints your units would appreciate and go for those. Also start eyeing the prints for High Dragon Trials, that's the endgame content that you'll need to invest a lot in to do well. Each print needs 200 great insignias and about 700 regular insignias iirc? Either way it's a lot. Aim for High Midgarsormr first as he's the easiest. Also a tip, skip the High Mercury print, it's absolutely unnecessary (and more of a hindrance since you're losing out on potential DPS). Haven't checked reddit in a while so I'm not sure if Jupiter's is needed or not. But for Midgarsormr and ESPECIALLY Brunhilda, get them.
Mana nodes: 40 should be enough for the most part, and only go beyond that for your faves. If you do want to go past 40, then go for 45 and skip out on the 4 co-ability upgrades and the 1 damascus crystal. 50 is for endgame content. Until then, spend your water on prints instead.
Dragons: MUB 4 star strength dragons are your best friend. Also with how awkwardly dragons work, a MUB 4 star strength dragon is going to be giving you a lot more stats than even a 3UB 5 star dragon. Most of their benefits come from that final merge, so 4 star strength dragons are the best budget option. The dragons you get from raids (like Erasmus right now) completely suck. Sure they're free 5 star dragons, but the stats on them are worse than 4 stars. Avoid them. Otherwise... Silke is also a nice option. She offers mixed stats, but most of her value comes from her skill that reduces enemy defense, so that 1 unit sacrifices a bit of damage so that the rest of the team can do more. That's about it tho. Healers sometimes appreciate mixed stat or pure HP dragons (especially Phoenix for fire healers), but otherwise just hoard strength dragons.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
With the free hero fest tickets, 20 or so orbs and the grace of god I managed to pull three Nailas today. I like her and kinda wanna +10 her but she’s kinda OD for SI fodder? Any thoughts on what I should do? And advice for +10 merge projects in general?

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I dunno, it made be buy BBTAG finally for my switch also because yet another E3/EVO cycle has gone by without a 3D fighter port cri cri and I thought Ruby and Yang was more enjoyable than Ruby and Purple Scythe Dude I was seeing everywhere previously.
Honestly, I would've preferred it if Mekasue won EVO 2019. Since he had the most non-meta team and he did really well with it too, getting 4th. But oh well, it's just one of those things. Then I had to hope that Kyamei won it, eh that didn't go to plan, lol. Again, I just hate Ruby and Yang in BBTAG, funny that I thought they were okay at best in the show, in fact I thought the show overall was OKAY. But this is coming from someone who has only stopped at the first few episodes of Volume 2 of RWBY.

Funny you should mention Gordeau, the highest placing he got at this EVO was 9th. Partnered with Azrael, I would've loved to have see a nerfed Gordeau reach Top 8, but it didn't happen (And besides, I main Gordeau). So rip Ian Sinclair not making it with D.C. Douglas. Though it's understandable why you'd think that of Team Gorby, though I feel like while Gordeau did cause quite a bunch of problems, not all of them were his doing. Some of them were Ruby's too. :V

Which would explain why I'm comparing those three to Shield Hero. Gordeau is Naofumi, Ruby is Myne and Yang is Aultcray. :V

However, I'm happy that it made you purchase BBTAG for your Switch. It's real fun and there's so many team combinations to work with, I've used Gordeau in every single match I've played. So I guess you could say my usage rate with him is 100%, I even remember all of the team combinations I used with Gordeau.

Rachel Alucard, Yu Narukami, Kanji Tatsumi, Vatista, Iron Tager, Jubei, Nine The Phantom, Ragna The Bloodedge, Teddie, Heart Aino and even a little bit of Mika and Es as well. So just pick and mix and see who works for you, if I can be bothered I'd be down with playing some games with you.

But yeah, impulse purchases yay, I guess? I've been waiting years for Tekken on switch, or that SCVI would get a switch release. At least with another round of Tag DLC they might finally add Rise.

Also Tekken was hype as hell.
Perhaps. We do have five more characters left to be revealed, though judging from Fame's tweet the other day. He did tell someone "You're not going to like the BB character then", which makes me think it could be Izanami making it in, or Celica. If it is Celica, I will be very happy. Since I want her, Eltnum and Kokonoe to make it in. However, if I made to predict who would make it in...

I'd say Izanami, Margaret, Nanase, Asuka and Saki Tsuzura. However, my wishlist will be Celica A. Mercury, Kokonoe, Eltnum, Adachi/Rise and Saki.

I mainly watched UNIST Top 8, didn't play attention to SFV, T7 or Smash's (Because I was asleep by then) but of course I did watch BBTAG's. UNIST's Top 3 was really hype for me. Hishigata, Oshuu-Hittou and Clearlamp_O were incredible. Especially Oshuu-Hittou's performance.

Also, might as well leave this meme here. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
New DLC SmUsh character introduction found, 100% legit leak:

With the free hero fest tickets, 20 or so orbs and the grace of god I managed to pull three Nailas today. I like her and kinda wanna +10 her but she’s kinda OD for SI fodder? Any thoughts on what I should do? And advice for +10 merge projects in general?

+10 characters who can be obtained via grails or 3*/4* summons.

Only +10 5*s if they are your waifu/husbando.

As for Legendary or Mythic Heroes, their fodder is usually meh and their true value comes from the blessings they have. So it'd be ideal to keep at least 2 separate versions of the same Legendary/Mythic, perhaps 3. Then work on +10ing just 1 of them while leaving the others at +0. Of course that's just running under the assumption that you save all your orbs for the THICC monthly banners at the end of every month.

How did you keep your records, out of curiosity?
Had a big white board with weekly routines listed; week-by-week only to accommodate for any injuries/changes/new regiments.

Had a calendar-notebook where I'd keep progress of my max lifts and misc notes for workouts I just completed.

Had a notebook+folder combo. The notebook was full of tables for 100 calorie servings and their protein/sat fat/carb amount per 100 calories. Then average prices for those ingredients/things so I could budget it properly (between memberships/food/attire/equipment/etc), and ofc the folder was for coupon hoarding. The notebook also had recipes or food combos since it was carb-lite and tbh food planning becomes a hot mess once you limit carbs rip.

tl;dr = o b s e s s i v e • b e h a v i o r

oops

But that problem's mostly solved now.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

She is a really nice character, but yeah her B skill is "Hector and DC" tier SI fodder if you care about AR. If you don't care about AR, the sky's the limit and enjoy your +2 best doggo.

Deciding you want to +10 any 5* exclusive is kind of a fool's errand unless you're either a whale or are planning on saving up explicitly for her (and probably a combination of both to really be able to do that). Unless you have a unit you want to give Null C-Disrupt to right now, I'd throw two of them onto the back burner to start with and start training your best nature.

If you like her in practice, then you can also make her +1 and get rid of her bane. IMO +2 doesn't really help that much relatively (bumps 3rd and 4th highest stat by 1) and you can actually feed her some feathers instead for a better buff.

For +10 merges in general, some good rules of thumb:
1) Firstly, what Puddin said. only try to +10 characters using the **** within your heart. This also means deciding if you're doing it for gameplay reasons or "I like the character" reasons.
2) If you're going to +10 a 3*-4*, SI fodder first, merge second.
3) This goes back to the second part of (1); you don't have to merge to +10 in one go or as the main project. Merging to +5 and putting it on hiatus can work really well and it's what I do more or less. However if it's for the second reason, the merging is really just a passion project and you might as well just go for it.
4) The last consideration is if they're a Gen 1 unit. You might want to wait on their prf weapon to come out before you invest.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ah. Yes. Just what I look for in meant-mostly-for-children entertainment. An unhinged catman with devastating daddy issues and a hyper acceptance complex.

The King and Badgerclops in Mao Mao are also Zelda mains for sure. We're finally getting representation, gorls.

Infinity Train is also interesting. I suppose the Adventure Time/Steven Universe formula of "occasional seriousness or twisted crap is OK for kids if there's cute companions, cartoony voices, or bright colors." OK KO occasionally strays in to that territory too. Anyway, OK KO is getting cancelled. But at least they were given a heads up so they can wrap things up.

I'm grateful for these shows because there's no adult-shows on that's worth watching. Well, except Judge Judy, America's Court, Judge Karen, Judge Mablean, Hot Bench, etc. But they're mostly reruns atm. Quick note: Judge Judy and Judge Mablean are 2 gorls all Zelda mains should aspire to be. #fact :^)

Anyway, what have you gorls been watching lately?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Anyway, what have you gorls been watching lately?
Yu Yu Hakusho and Yakitate!! Japan.

And also Avatar: The Last Airbender, which I'm watching for a couple reasons. First, it gets universal acclaim so I wanted to see what it was all about. And second, there are multiple YT videos I want to watch, but they involve ATLA, so I figure I should get through it first.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I am so ready for brave Camilla, y'all don't understand.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I stayed up until 2 am Saturday morning so I could finally beat Claude's route! It ended up taking almost 70 hours, but I had an absolute blast playing through the game and it was well worth the delays. Easily my favorite game of the year so far, and I don't see that changing tbh.

I was dumb and didn't write down the stats given at the end for each character's number of battles/victories, but w/e who cares. Here are the units I used and what I ran on them/etc. (no story spoilers obvs)

F!Byleth: Ended in her unique class. She crit everything left and right; it was hilarious. She could kinda just do whatever and no one could really touch her for the most part due to having good stats all around. It was to be expected since she's another MU character, but she's not as broken as some other lords in the series.

Claude: Ended as Barbarossa. Claude was easily the best unit on my team. He was an absolute crit machine and obliterated everything he touched. ofc I had to give my S support to him. He ended the game at nearly level 50 lol.

Hilda: I didn't really know what to expect from her, but she ended up as one of my favorite members of the GD. A really great character all around. She ended as a Wyvern Lord. Mine got a lot of def procs, so she was pretty tanky, but Claude was still better (not to say that Hilda's bad tho).

Leonie: I made her a Bow Knight and she was disgusting. So many random crits, and she was also decently bulky. I really liked her personality once she stopped talking about my dad 24/7.

Lorenz: He ended as a Dark Knight. Mine never got many spd procs so he didn't double too often but he was great for chip damage when he wasn't critting people to death. His timeskip design made me like him a lot more than I did initially and he became less annoying too.

Ignatz: I kinda abandoned him near the end of the route. Mine was super fast and had a lot of res, but both his mag/str were kinda bad. I just used him to chip enemies down with his bow. I wasn't really sure what I was doing at the beginning of this playthrough, so I think I may have screwed him over with his promotions idk.

Mercedes: Ended as a Gremory, but she mostly was just used for Physic spam. Her + Marianne meant ez cross map heals whenever needed. There's not much else to say about her tbh.

Felix: I needed a swordmaster and he was it. Ended as a Mortal Savant, and he deleted everything he touched. Probably the second best unit I used.

Raphael: An absolute tank of a unit. Mine ended with over 70 HP, which was hilarious. He was a War Master, and I found a lot of success using him/Claude to cheese those stupid Black Beasts/bosses by quadding them to death with gauntlets. It worked surprisingly well ngl

Lysithea: The stereotypical magic nuke. She ended as a Gremory, and her Warp spell was super useful for cheesing boss fights. Stride gambit from Lorenz + Lysithea's warp made it easy to clear some of the maps in only a few turns. I really liked her, especially when they started explaining more of her past. Her voice acting was some of my favorite.

Marianne: Easily my favorite character from the Golden Deer. She's so sweet and pure, and she actually has some nice character development after the timeskip. I made her my Dancer and she did great. She was kinda slow and physically frail, but she tended to crit pretty often, especially when using Frozen Lance.

The last character I used was a Bernadetta that was only like level 30 and did nothing lol.

I've already started a Black Eagles playthrough because I wanted to use Ferdinand/Bernadetta/Linhardt. I'm interested to see how the stories of each route differ from one other.

In FEH related news, I've gotten a few more 5* units. I did a few full circles on the Hero Fest banner and got F!Tiki (+atk -hp) and blue Olwen (+spd -def), but more important was the +res Donnel I've been waiting for to complete his merge project. I ended up getting pity broken by Petra on the 3H banner while going for Hilda, but Hilda did show up (+atk -res) and Mercedes (+spd -res) also appeared right beside her. I tried going for dancer Micaiah, but I got Ayra (+spd -atk) and Helbindi (+spd -def) instead.

The more important thing, though, is that Kronya gave me the last dragonflowers I needed to max out Niles! It has been like 2 years or so since I started building him, so I am very pleased to have finally finished him. I'd like to max Donnel's dragonflowers next, but that'll take a while. Here are Niles and Donnel in their full glory:
8541B807-190A-48CD-B7CC-5F4D1F71A015.png
2BC8D405-92C8-43C6-9B7F-C2FCD3F18F7A.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Picture of Antonykun Antonykun busting down IS's door to get B!Camilla asap:
ddds2ht-b9da118c-4769-4f13-bf69-b622999debae.jpg

ngl that's also me trying to get B!Micaiah and her probably-OP B skill. ye pls gimme now or i will destroy everything kthnx

In FEH related news, I've gotten a few more 5* units. I did a few full circles on the Hero Fest banner and got F!Tiki (+atk -hp) and blue Olwen (+spd -def), but more important was the +res Donnel I've been waiting for to complete his merge project. I ended up getting pity broken by Petra on the 3H banner while going for Hilda, but Hilda did show up (+atk -res) and Mercedes (+spd -res) also appeared right beside her. I tried going for dancer Micaiah, but I got Ayra (+spd -atk) and Helbindi (+spd -def) instead.

The more important thing, though, is that Kronya gave me the last dragonflowers I need to max out Niles! It has been like 2 years or so since I started building him, so I am very pleased to have finally finished him. I'd like to max Donnel's dragonflowers next, but that'll take a while. Here are Niles and Donnel in their full glory:
Donny is such a good boi. I abandoned my project of him only because my next +10 has got to be a green unit. Or possibly a red unit even though red is a truly atrocious color to +10 for bulky bois. The only way a red unit could actually be a good bulky boi is if they get something as stupid as Sigurd's Crusader Ward.

Hopefully IS takes the hint that red is supremely awful at defense and helps defensive reds excel at... Y'know... Their intended job? :^)

Gratz on getting Most Precious ANGERY Boi, tho. As super sad as it is, it takes half the amount of Helbindis to put in the same work as a +10 Hawkeye. At least until they give Hawkeye a non-garbage prf/refine. Just 3 more weeks until we find out if 1 of the 4 units are actually good! Though quite a lot of the leftover Gen 1 units are units I like, so the odds of them being a unit I want are getting higher and higher each month! While ofc crushing my hopes and dreams more and more when it's none of them. :'^)

New Footage! : Anytime 1 of the 30+ barely viable/non-viable characters ask IS for a much needed prf or refine

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I actually sad Zelda and co didn't get the Ike treatment and have her past incarnations as full on alt outfits. The recoloured is boring as opposed to a full different alt

Although Twilight Princess Link would ne better as his own character than an alt.

I know why I don't likw the new Zelda. It's her eyes. too big. Also she looka bubbly.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Fellow epic girl gamers.

I provide you some BBTAG content from yours truly. :secretkpop:

And a little something for Lil Puddin Lil Puddin as well.

SAIDO CHESTO!

And now for the BBTAG content. :yeahboi:

Now onto other stuff. I find it hilarious how there are people moaning and complaining about MKLeo and Joker. Wanting Joker to get nerfed, when in actuality. MKLeo is the ONLY ONE that is making Joker work.
Joker's a difficult character to make work and Leo is showing how incredible the character can be, as a high risk/high reward character. And just to clarify, he was the only Joker in Top 32 at SSC, let that sink in. So to those people that complain, your opinion is trash and you refuse to adapt and improve. :V

Also, I'm super stoked for Friday. Not because it's my birthday (I'll be 26 by then. Jeez I'll probably be the oldest user in this social) but because Grandia HD is coming out on my birthday as well. It's like GungHo knew and thought "Let's put it out on August 16th! It is sure to be someone's birthday then!" and I love them for it. Grandia is one of my favourite games of all time, I can't wait to relive my childhood once again and experience it anew in its Saturn/HD quality and Japanese audio.

And now I shall provide more of Blitztank Gang for you all.

Blitztank mains, rise up.

Top Bottom