• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ye ok, +2 songs to the B•GAL. Let's make the list as long as this topic. :secretkpop:

Me when people won't give me space as Zelda:

Zelda is the new Corrin :foot:
Wow no, Corrin is a **** she exposes her heel as well as her toes. Disgusting I won't have it.

Yeah I want to build her up, but her new weapon isn't anything too crazy. It's nice, but it won't help her a WHOLE lot.
I was thinking that maybe Dull Close would be a good option for her while stacking Close Def everywhere else, buuuuut armors basically never use bonuses so it wouldn't even do anything against the unit type she should be countering. Aaaaaaaaand the skill is still only limited to S!Cordy so it isn't like I have the fodder to try it in the first place.
Maybe I'll just give her Null Follow Up and laugh at Fighter skills.
It's better to just use Oboro as a Lukas clone, except she can actually take on dragons without worrying too much about it. All the more reason to make use of her super boon in res for 47/40 defenses with a CD3 seal. Which is enough bulk to survive blue encounters and definitely red encounters. She can also take on greens as long as they don't deal 22 damage to her per hit and/or use Moonbow.

At least she got the better refine compared to the bulky boi Hinata. Hinata just got a meme refine like Alfonse, but the base effect is useful when paired with Sturdy Stance from H!Dorcas. It's just red is the absolute worst color to build walls with for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted member

>Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?
No, because I prefer CDi Zelda.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
*Looks at page number*

nice
owow, and my post is the 1st on page 69. Clearly the B•GAL has the Nice Goddess' blessing. All 69 of them. :secretkpop:

truly an honor

yee

>Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?
No, because I prefer CDi Zelda.
yew musT geT BAN•T from life now

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah I want to build her up, but her new weapon isn't anything too crazy. It's nice, but it won't help her a WHOLE lot.
I was thinking that maybe Dull Close would be a good option for her while stacking Close Def everywhere else, buuuuut armors basically never use bonuses so it wouldn't even do anything against the unit type she should be countering. Aaaaaaaaand the skill is still only limited to S!Cordy so it isn't like I have the fodder to try it in the first place.
Maybe I'll just give her Null Follow Up and laugh at Fighter skills.
Guard would be good on her. Hopefully Guard 4 whenever it will be released does away with the health requirement considering The Land's Bounty weapons have built-in Guard and Steady Stance 4, along with likely the rest of the Stance 4 skills, have basically a built-in Guard EX. Sure, they're only available for bows and daggers and Stance skills only work on enemy phase, but no health requirement other than not being dead versus having >= 80% HP is so much better. Oboro's Spear with effective damage against armors and Close Def 3 as its base effect and Guard EX as its unique refinement would have been so good.

It's better to just use Oboro as a Lukas clone, except she can actually take on dragons without worrying too much about it. All the more reason to make use of her super boon in res for 47/40 defenses with a CD3 seal. Which is enough bulk to survive blue encounters and definitely red encounters. She can also take on greens as long as they don't deal 22 damage to her per hit and/or use Moonbow.

At least she got the better refine compared to the bulky boi Hinata. Hinata just got a meme refine like Alfonse, but the base effect is useful when paired with Sturdy Stance from H!Dorcas. It's just red is the absolute worst color to build walls with for obvious reasons.
Lukas with Berkut's Lance begs to differ. :p

Hinata's unique refinement is just going off of the weird if a unit has Fury, they're going to have a Fury refinement thing which Jagen is might not benefit as much compared to getting something like a personal Berkut's Lance and Legion is probably okay with. The stupid thing Hinata can do with Fury 6 is be able to run a defensive Brazen build. Out of the current Fury refine boys, Hinata has the highest base defense at 36 and he also gets +4 more from his katana's Sturdy Stance 2. Fury 6 drops a =HP Hinata to 38/50 HP, 76% of his health. With Brazen Atk/Def 3 as his seal, he ends up with 49 defense on player phase and 53 on enemy phase. He'll constantly bleed out, but he also ends up being ridiculously hard to kill on enemy phase. Alfonse and Chrom with Sealed Falchion can do a similar thing, but their base defense isn't as high and raw stats-wise from Hinata being able to have Fury 6, Hinata's first round of combat is probably better than theirs since he doesn't need to rely on Brazen stacking to get all his stats. He's getting most of it through Fury 6 and the rest through his katana on enemy phase and Brazen Atk/Def as his seal.

It's not an ideal unique refinement, but it does let him do something unique if weird and it gives him more options since he can do this weird thing and also be deceptively fast with high all-around stats instead of just going for a speed refinement. The base effect and a defense refinement would be more practical for a pure enemy phase build with your usual Steady Breath/Stance and Quick Riposte.

So for the song thingie. At first, I looked up if there were any weird, meme-y Zelda remixes and found this which I'd say is weird, but it's also creative, cute, and pretty pleasant to listen to. It's also spoiler-y. To me at least since I still haven't played Breath of the Wild yet. I think the creator just takes sounds from a game and by sounds, I mean anything is fair game, and makes a song out of it. Essentially, the person remixes the game into a song.

This one came from listening a Song of Storms dubstep, electronica remix and a remix of it showed up on the sidebar. Yes, the reason why I checked it out was because of its title. GRRRLS, girls, gorls. :p

Lyrics-wise, though, I think it could fit Zelda. Well, Twilight Princess Zelda. more.

And finally, I tried to find a sassy song by searching "sass song". Apparently, saxes were related to that.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going BBCF fans? :nifty:

I got myself Centralfiction for my Switch yesterday, and I got my ass kicked online. And for those wondering, I'm using Celica (With her 24th colour).

It's fun though, but I need to work on my mentality because I'm just trying to do stupid stuff in that game and not try and get them setup in combo situations.

But at least I'm having fun with it. Also, my University results came back and I got a 67/100. Which is a passing grade and I'm happy I did far better then I did with my previous assessment.

Also, since players have taken part in the Loketests for BBTAG Arcade. I'll leave this.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Updated B•GAL with the +3 songs and ofc the one below. Surprisingly we're over 10 songs in and not a single one is ridden with the sounds of the weeaboo.

A M A Z I N G

Anyway, wreck da gorl tracks:

i can't remember the last time i faced zelda on quick-play or in a battle arena....it's depressing really
Zelda is one of the few characters who has risk in everything she does. And the things she doesn't have risk in doing are easy to avoid with how the game is played (aerials for days). That's the core of who she is as a slow glass cannon, and that's why she'll always be garbage until she gets safe and reliable options. However, she's still better than most of the non-swordie heavies so at least she's mid-tier-ish now.

me after wiTnessing da disrespecT even if iT's accuraTe:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Surprisingly we're over 10 songs in and not a single one is ridden with the sounds of the weeaboo.
Heh. It's Zelda anime opening time. :p

Once again, spoilers for those who have yet to play Breath of the Wild.

The song Moudoku ga Osou or Deathly Loneliness Attacks in English was originally a Vocaloid song sung by Hatsune Miku. The cover used that was used in the Breath of the Wild animation was by InvaderT which is linked in the animation's description. Lyrics-wise and considering the animation, I think the song would fit BotW Link more considering he woke up a hundred years after the fall of Hyrule. That said, it could fit BotW Zelda or Zelda in general since usually she ends up captured or isolated somewhere else from her friends and family.

The original Hatsune Miku version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mgfv-kYc10. Lyrics and more information: https://vocaloidlyrics.fandom.com/wiki/猛独が襲う_(Moudoku_ga_Osou).

Beyonce's "Single Ladies" and Meghan Trainor's "I'm a Lady" are probably more fitting.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going 7.5 fans? :ultpalutena:

I made it into Beefy Smash Doods' SMASH REVIEW series with the Palutena clip I saved. :yeahboi:

(10:58 if you want to skip right to where I am.)

And I earned that 7.5. :secretkpop: To have cFive and VyQ give me their highest score on a scale between 6 and 7.5, it's an honor. :secretkpop:

Also, I've been looking at some of my Uni work some more. Figured out what they mean by "Module Concepts".

Module Concepts:
- Product, Service, System.
- Evolution of Ideas
- Product Development
- Innovatrion process
- Design process
- Design brief
- Design projects
- Design thinking
- Design activity
- Design management

For those wondering, I'm thinking of making a design for either a letterbox or newspapers due to the following reasons:
Newspapers:
1). The inserts that are put inside newspapers are usually far too thick, which can cause newspapers to be dismantled in order to fit into certain letterboxes.
2). The inserts often use up too much plastic.
3). There's no method or way of keeping the inserts together with the newspapers. With them often slipping out of the newspapers.

Letterboxes:
1). They can be too small for deliveries to fit through.
2). Certain letterboxes can snap back really quickly due to the springs, damaging or injuring the user's fingers and nails.
3). Dog guards inside the letterboxes can make it insanely difficult to fit newspapers inside. Some even can lead to accidentally opening a customer's door due to requiring a lot of force to fit a chunky newspaper through the letterbox.

The idea doesn't have to be original, but I can enhance and improve on existing ideas.

Edit: God damn. This place has been dead for two days!? Wowzers.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Aaaaaaay that Direct thooooo. So much stuff is coming out, like, wtf I'm too poor for all this stuff. FE: Three Houses looks just about what I figured it'd look like. People are complaining that the characters look Persona-y and not like the Wii Waifu FE blobs they used were in Fates on the 3DS. Even though there's only a few ways to make characters look "normal" without making them too anime-ish. Claude is the main husbando obviously.

Hellblade and Astral Chain look super cool, so does that Dragon Quest game. Astral Chain kinda reminded me of XBX, so, like, I'm just going to treat that as a sequel to XBX ok? OK thnx. But more importantly, is that Marvel game basically Dynasty Warriors with a gazillion super heroes??? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Also if a big Marvel production gets on Switch, does that mean MvC is next and that Phoenix Wright might be available as a fighter? Pls yee gib me the husbando lawyer.

Ffamran Ffamran 's weeaboo track has been added to the B•GAL ofc.

Along with th- I'M NOT WHAT YOU THINK I AM, YOU AIN'T GONNA GET WHAT YOU THINK YOU CAN:

Gratz to EODM07 EODM07 becoming semi-famous via beefy bois. Your mop-haired waifu will now know you've been cheating on her with your seaweed-haired waifu. rip2u4lyf

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ffamran Ffamran 's weeaboo track has been added to the B•GAL ofc.
I didn't think you would add it in. I was just wondering if there was a good anime opening thingie that someone did for Zelda. So, I'm guessing Beyonce's "Single Ladies" and Meghan Trainor's "I'm a Lady" are no goes?

With Ultimate Zelda being this happy creature, I think this song would fit. No, it's not me trying to desperately put myself in a somewhat decent mood.

And this is for Zelda goofs and whenever her moves inevitably fail because Zelda reasons. Apparently, people mistake this song as Bob Marley's. Marley's voice is very distinctive, but whatever I guess.

So, I've been listening to Unlike Pluto's "Everything Black". It's got a good beat and the instrumentals are pretty rad. The only thing I can tie this with Zelda would be for Zelderly and her perky goth phase.

Speaking of Zelderly, I kind of wished that her attack effects were purple instead of her usual gold. In general, I wished that as long as it made sense, that some of the alts on characters changed their attack effect's colors. It doesn't have to be everyone since that could be a bit crazy for the developers, but for stuff like Ken's Violent Ken alt, the Dark Link alts, or even something like let's have Luigi shoot out purple fireballs when he's using his Waluigi alt instead of his green ones would just add some more flair and variety. Also, Ike's Black Knight alt not having Alondite which is basically a recolored Ragnell was a missed opportunity.

On the topic of Zelda, I did not expect them to remake Link's Awakening. I was expecting another 2D Zelda being announced since it always seems like they flip flop between 2D and 3D Zelda games, but I was not expecting them to choose do a remake. Link's Awakening as far as I know about it is a pretty weird and surreal Zelda game which its art style that is being ragged on as usual adds to it since you'd think it's this cheery, cutesy game, but then it turns out to be strange as well clashing with its surface presentation. The art style someone noted is based on the photos you could take in the game, so that's pretty neat in my book.

I've thought about it and the one Zelda game I want to see remade is Zelda 2 and possibly not by Nintendo, but by someone else like MercurySteam who did the Metroid 2 remake, Double Helix Games who along with Capcom, co-developed the 2014 entry to Strider, or Koji Igarashi's studio. Maybe even PlatinumGames. Anyway, the main reason is because Zelda 2 is such a different game compared to the other 2D or 3D Zelda games as its gameplay is like that of a 2D platformer and during its time, comparable with games like Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, or Metroid. Remaking Zelda 2 has me feeling that for people who never played it or heard of it, they would be surprised that this was an old Zelda game and the second one to boot. It also opens the possibility with its gameplay being refined. Will it stay true to what it was or will they take a spin on it like what happened with Metroid 2?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Final Fantasy IX fans? :ultpalutena:

Gratz to EODM07 EODM07 becoming semi-famous via beefy bois. Your mop-haired waifu will now know you've been cheating on her with your seaweed-haired waifu. rip2u4lyf

How DARE YOU make Mikuru cry! I would never stop having her as my waifu. REEEEE!

...Anyway, I got Final Fantasy IX on my Switch, since after I heard it was going to become available after the Direct. I had to get it, I grew up playing FF9 on the PS1 and it was my first Final Fantasy game. So as you can tell, it's my favourite title out of them all.

Also, here's two little hints for you.

1. Swordfight Minigame.
If you perform all of the actions correct, you'll be awarded with 10,000 Gil. So I recommend you try and do the minigame perfectly, on the plus side. If you aren't satisfied, you can always give the audience an encore.

2. Jump/Skipping Rope Minigame.
If you reach these thresholds during the minigame, you'll be awarded the following items:
- 20 Jumps = 10 Gil
- 50 Jumps = Cactuar Card
- 100 Jumps = Alexandria Card

The timing gets faster when you pass those targets, so try and keep a rhythm.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I got 2 5* from the new VDay banner and 1 was Ophelia who is useless to me because Tailtui is my nuker-gorl (she is a monster with AOE nukes+wrath tome pls ban btw) and Green Olwen so at least she's new. But most importantly, I got my 1st and 2nd Silas so yay husbando has come home!!! Now I just need a not-garbage nature.

Speaking of not-garbage, I need a tactics buffer but idk who to use. There's Seth or Titania for the easy setup. I think Titania for defensive sets and Seth for offensive sets? Although building both would be too expensive. I have Robin but he's pretty lame when you think about it since he's fairly squishy and is a ranged unit. And it's better to build tactics on non-infantry since there's SO MANY infantry units to begin with. Like, I could easily give Titania DC and she'd be fine. But if I give Robin CC he'd be too squishy/slow/etc to tank anything lmaorip.

I didn't think you would add it in. I was just wondering if there was a good anime opening thingie that someone did for Zelda. So, I'm guessing Beyonce's "Single Ladies" and Meghan Trainor's "I'm a Lady" are no goes?
Yew goTTa link 'em, 'cuz I'm a lazy gorl.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin is this classic song already on the b•gorl list?

bc if no one has mentioned that song yet, then it totally needs to be. i’m imagining that chorus playing during a sick zelda combo and it’s incredible

i might edit this post with other songs as i think of them

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

****!!!!!!!!

https://challonge.com/es/m0800i7z/standings

After the monumental disaster that was going down WR1 and just bailing, I somehow manage to not only break the 2+ year WR2 curse, but I somehow made 5th. In spite of playing an awful WR5/6 and Losers, I don't I can complain. I was on stream 3 times, and I even managed to beat one of the guys that tends to go Top 3.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde added it to the B•GAL along with 1 more appropriate piece:

@Oz gratz gorlo. Keep placing high and they'll BAN•ZELDA from gameplay, which will force us all to pick an actually good character! :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member 189823

PROGRESS!!!!

@Oz gratz gorlo. Keep placing high and they'll BAN•ZELDA from gameplay, which will force us all to pick an actually good character! :secretkpop:
you need some chill, pulling out the big gunz like Britney on me

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Gorls,

it's starting to sink in that I graduate in May. Yesterday I submitted my degree paperwork, and I've started submitting applications for middle school counselor positions for next school year.

I'm hoping to hear back about some interviews soon... Wish me luck, please. I could use it gorls!

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going BBTAG Fans? :ultpalutena::ultlucina:

So while I didn't get to watch all of BBTAG or EVO Japan sadly (I only know of the Core Values meme which I adore). I did see the new trailer.

Now we have the following newcomers:

Blazblue side:
Naoto Kurogane

Persona 4 Arena side:
Teddie

Under Night In-Birth side:
Seth

Newcomer series:
Heart Aino from Arcana Heart.

I'm quite happy with these reveals, I can picture Heart having unique interactions with Hakumen, Jin and Izayoi since they always ramble on about justice. Maybe interactions with Akihiko, Yu, Yosuke and Teddie. And possibly Hyde, Linne and Vatista. Now for that next Fate... People are still speculating Melty Blood, Senran Kagura or Neptunia. I'm kind of hoping for Melty Blood, but Type-MOON is huge right now. I don't think they'd be interested in letting MB crossover in BBTAG. But if it is Melty Blood, I can easily see Arcueid Brunestud being the girl used to rep the series, or Sion Eltnam Atlasia.

Also, since we now have Heart Aino. These are the characters I'm speculating for. :yeahboi:

Saki Tsuzura, Kamui Tokinomiya and Akane Inuwaka are my speculations. Saki is a no brainer, since she is the other poster girl of Arcana Heart along with Heart Aino, Kamui could work since she's a popular one too, Akane maybe... it's kind of hard to think of what other characters could be put in, like Kira or Fiona. Kira making it in means we have another grappler alongside Tager, Waldstein and Kanji which would be nifty, but if Fiona makes it in, how would she work? Since she's known to be incredibly slow due to her using a massive sword similar to Es, but at least Es' sword is light compared to Fiona's... It's really making me think. Hmm...

Might as well leave the trailer here too for anyone interested. :V

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
hi I'm making another video that may or may not be cursed, I'll try to fit a few B Gorl songs into it.
And I'll post 3 more rn because why not.
This just popped up in my recommended videos and I haven't listened to it in over 5 years prolly but it's good.

Zeldawful @ us whenever we call her Zeldawful

A classic youtube mashup. You could say that it's... SO REAL! BringBackSoRealPodcast2k19

Three Houses looks gud, but I felt the same way before the last Direct so yea. Claude is still the best one to start with, Edelgard is also valid tho. Dimitri doesn't exist.
:secretkpop:

Update: I'm uploading the video rn and it already got a claim from the music before it even finished uploading. That's new.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
When I was looking for songs for Lil Puddin's B•GAL playlist, I discovered Reol's music. Reol, the singer and the band which has disbanded since 2017, have done their own songs and covered Vocaloid songs of which Tokio Funka is one of their Vocaloid covers. That song has been one of my recent obsessions and I have to say that hearing a real person sing its lyrics sounds awesome. Part of it comes from it sounding more natural and the other part is that Reol is able to capture the or give different dynamics of the lyrics that I feel like the Vocaloid version can't or weren't able to do. My favorite thing about Reol's rendition of Tokio Funka are the rap parts or maybe they're just the fast sections of the song. Anyway, her rap has a harshness to it that the Vocaloid version don't, instead, the Vocaloid versions flow which can work for rapping, but it's obviously artificial with Vocaloid. That artificiality also ends up making it sound monotonal whereas with Reol, her singing goes from pop to rap to almost Japanese folk and ironically enough, to artificial through auto-tune e.g. when she sings "Odore ya everybody!" which happens during the more pop sections of the singing and whatever distortion and processing they did for those parts. In other words, the singing is layered and dynamic which complements the song itself as the instrumentals combine more traditional, acoustic Japanese instruments with electronic sounds resulting in the song having a pop, electronic, and traditional feel.

Enough with my unnecessary analysis. Here's the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0x5toHE5_0.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Keaton and Kaden are going to be on the new banner and Keaton doesn't share a color but Kaden does. And they turned his daughter into a Super =OWO= Furry™ so eeeew. From the looks of it, Beasts will all have prf type weapons and the movement types have different set effects. Like the foxes are Wa Dao for infantry or +1 movement for all fliers.

I really hope Keaton is the one who is demoted. Red is over-satured and ofc he is da bess. I'd be fine with getting everyone but that furry waifu abomination.

Also we get Panne as a GHB, because IS felt bad about there being so many new dude units added to the game over the course of the past few days obvs. I hope she has good fodder. I want nothing to do with Panne. Gimme the ez-spookT qtπ bunny boi instead, you heauxes.

A classic youtube mashup. You could say that it's... SO REAL! BringBackSoRealPodcast2k19
That last song is so blessT and cursT at the same time.

The B•GAL list is starting to look as awful and amazing as it should. :secretkpop:

dfsdhgfiodg
fdgfdgig
agjgd

Enough with my unnecessary analysis. Here's the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0x5toHE5_0.
But ye, REOL is great. tyvm for reminding me that gorl exists.

omg vocaloid was such a phenomenon i REALLY thought i was japanese when i was 12 thats so cringy LOL ajsdkf
I am pretty sure every Zelda main had a Kpop/Jpop/Vocaloid phase and/or are still going through that phase. I preferred the covers of Vocaloid songs more so than the actual Vocaloids, tho. Speaking of which... This is on da list now:

D

Deleted member 189823

Worthless.

Can't expect to be the best if I'm randomly going to get 2-3 stocked if I let my guard down. When I'm good, I'm pretty okay. When I'm bad, I just play awful and this is why **** like this happens. I realise I still have issues with consistency in my play, and that's one of the measures of really being a good player. You can't disregard this **** as "oh I just got hit by literally everything and it's a fluke", when this stuff happens a lot more often than I'd like to admit.

I have a bigger tournament coming up next week, so I'm either going out WR1 (and bailing because **** it) or I'm making Top 5 again.

hey lord puddingcups,

keep it down will ya

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
omg vocaloid was such a phenomenon i REALLY thought i was japanese when i was 12 thats so cringy LOL ajsdkf
It and idol music are academically studied. They're that huge, but then again, you can study basically anything if you can make a case for it and they're both music and music is connected to people, so yeah. For reals, though, Vocaloid helped launch several careers like Ryo from Supercell. They used Vocaloid for their lyrics, got popular, and Ryo ended up being asked to compose for Bravely Second and I love its soundtrack and Bravely Default's too. There's a few articles floating around about Ryo being the composer for Bravely Second like this one: https://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/31/square-enix-chose-ryo-bravely-seconds-composer/.

I really hope Keaton is the one who is demoted.
That ain't happening when he has Meisterfang, Special Spiral, and Beast Valor. Anyway, his new English voice actor, Ted Sroka, is Dan from Street Fighter. He also apparently voiced Mega Man X in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Not sure why they didn't use Ray Chase for Keaton since he's basically werewolf, trinkets Gaius and Ray Chase was pretty close to Gideon Emery's voice and performance as Gaius, but whatever.

I want nothing to do with Panne.
How dare. Panne is the closest thing to Fran from Final Fantasy XII and Fran's a badass, but not in-game because the developers decided she should have the lowest stats out of the characters in the original release of the game. I'm not sure why she's a GHB since you never fight her in Awakening. You can fight her son depending on which side you choose during his paralogue, so Yarne being a GHB unit would make more sense than Panne.

But ye, REOL is great. tyvm for reminding me that gorl exists.
I was considering "LUVORATORRRRRY!" for its "Love Me Baby Baby / Give Me Very Very" chorus part because of Ultimate Zelda being super cute and her enslaving people to her cuteness or something like that.

WARNING! Seizure warning. There are some parts where it flashes a lot.

And because we need more happy as **** songs for Zelda:

fusq's "Cutie Cutie": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SshrAVY-RKY. Does anyone get Sonic vibes from this? More so of Colors and its amazing soundtrack. It also reminds me of another game with music like it, but I can't remember what.

Moe Shop's "Want You": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywbF8tEE4dg. Suffer with me. I tried to find disgustingly cute, moe, anime-like songs, but didn't post any of them until now.

In general, fusq's and Moe Shop's music would all work for this happy aesthetic. Moe Shop does have some lewd thumbnails and some of the artists they collaborated have some lewd names as well, so there's that... Now to cleanse my ears. Au/Ra's "Panic Room" is nice: https://youtu.be/K0yDvd0V9wA. Apparently its music video is indeed panic-inducing for some.

Edit: Okay, Reol's "YoiYoi Kokon" is also amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IK6eLTNV1k.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Heart Aino fans? :ultzelda:

Had a tutorial with a member of TA yesterday and looked at ways that a letterbox can be changed.

And we looked up Health and Safety issues with how some are placed on doors. If they're too low, they can be an issue as the person delivering say a newspaper is forced to get down to send it in, this can be an issue due to the person could injure theirselves from it.

Also, I have a think of how they could be improved upon. Like the size of the boxes, how can they be reduced from being a safety hazard and so on, plus talk about how they can be worked on in a Problem Statement. So that'll be fun to do. :yeahboi:

Since I'm in the mood, I'll do another FSG inspired bit that NO ONE even asked for! :secretkpop:
This time I think I'll focus it on Hyde Kido. :V

We'll cover him in Under Night In-Birth EXE.Late, Late[st] and BBTAG.
Hyde being the main protagonist means he must have some unique mechanic, right? Well while his EXS mechanic is a standard in other fighting games, his unique ability is being able to inflict chip damage on opponents with his normals. He is the only character who can do this, as everyone else is forced to use Specials or their Supers in order to inflict chip, meaning he can apply a bit more pressure on his opponents and make them worry about their health dropping bit by bit by normals involving his sword.

He's also a strange character where he can greatly benefit from zoning despite not looking like one. Moves like Orbiter and Dark Lotus can let him keep opponents out of his bubble and chip them away, his combo game is also pretty solid too. While not threatening damage wise compared to what Waldstein and Gordeau can do, it's still solid what he is capable of performing.

Regardless however, he struggles pretty hard against Wald and Gord, while he can zone, there are characters that zone far better then him such as Vatista who is the queen of zoning. Waldstein and Gordeau can outrange him and can bait out anti-air 3Cs from him and punish accordingly. His mixup game is not the greatest when it comes to fighting and his options of opening the opponent up are limited, meaning he can't be as creative as he wants to be to open up his opponent who is chicken blocking.

Despite all of this however, Hyde is a decent character sitting at A Tier/Mid Tier according to Alioune and JIYUNA, struggling against Waldstein, Gordeau and even Yuzuriha.
Hyde got better during his appearance in UNIST. Not only did he get a health increase from 95,000 to 100,000, his trait allows him to gain Force Function faster during Vorpal and give him increased chip damage. His zoning capabilities got better and the universal changes him and everyone else got greatly benefited Hyde the most, making him a huge threat to most of the cast.

The damage nerfs that everyone else got from dealing around 5k - 6k to only 2.8k to 4k helped boost his menacing playstyle too. Though he truly shines with his corner rushdown game, being able to force tons of defensive pressure on the opponent and then even go for strong damage and combos on the opponent in the corner allows him to thrive the most compared to most of the cast, with Veil OFF and even use of his tools such as 6B, 5C and even Shadow Shock (22X), he can close the distance on his opponent and get them caught in his rushdown game.

Despite these however, he does have one weakness being his mixup game meaning his opponent can simply just block and play defensive against him, meaning that he cannot be creative or play as much mindgames with his opponent. On top of that, if they do know the matchup, they can easily get around his offensive pressure with Shield and Veil-OFF to negate any of his pressure.

But Hyde is a monster in UNIST, he has done incredibly well in numerous tournaments too; this is going to be a list, but here goes.

Infinity got 1st place at CEOtaku 2017, 2nd place at Frosty Faustings X, Squish got 2nd place at CEOtaku 2017, JDR got 2nd at Frosty Fausting X, 7th at Frosty Faustings XI, 1st place at Summer Jam 12, 5th at NEC 19 just behind Isaac who got 4th place. JDR also got 9th at CEO 2018, 9th at Combo Breaker 2018, BramCombo got 5th place at Toryuken 7. Hyde also got 1st and 3rd place at Texas Showdown 2018 by the hands of Betadood and JDR, there's been a lot of tournaments that Hyde has done pretty damn well in.

Hyde is now often seen as a strong High Tier threat, even capable of contesting or going even with the Top Tiers like Seth and Wagner.
And finally, Blazblue Cross Tag Battle...

Hyde benefitted somewhat to the changes when transitioning from Under Night to Blazblue, such as having great assists, good and flexible combos and having one of the best corner carries in the game. Hyde can be seen on several teams involving characters such as Gordeau, Ragna, Ruby, Jin, Yu, etc.

He still has access to his chip damage which allowed him to apply tons of pressure on opponents, decent zoning potential, great range for normals on his sword and even has great ways to bait out punish attempts and get free combos and damage in. However, his issues still stand from his poor high-low mixup game and while he did benefit from some of the changes, his damage output is not the greatest, missing out on huge damage compared to other characters if not using specialized routes that he can take to maximize his output. Slow utility which means he can be prone to whiff punishing and make him bait for several characters if he misses.

But again, Hyde is still a strong character with a strong reversal that is also quite reliable, the ability to reverse beat just like the rest of the Under Night cast (And maybe the Persona cast) and with the ability to control space too, he is still a strong character. His 2B is a god-like anti air like it was in Under Night, Black Orbiter helps Hyde zone well and being able to explode the projectile whenever can help put even more pressure on the opponent if playing a keepaway game. Pale Bringer Arose (214+BC) is an amazing corner carry tool which allows Hyde to force them into the corner if they say throw out a projectile and apply pressure from there or even DHC into his partner. Cross Combo also helps Hyde out a lot too, being able to help extend off combos or get extensions off of them with the aid of his partner.

Hyde has once again done pretty well in tournaments, again this is going to be a list but here goes, Hyde has placed in the following:

- 2nd place at Kumite in Tennessee at the hands of Dante Thomas with a team of Carmine/Hyde and Gordeau/Hyde
- 1st place at Frosty Faustings XI by Kyamei with Mitsuru/Hyde
- 25th at EVO Japan by Masakichi with Yang/Hyde
- 7th place by SKD with Blake/Hyde, 9th by Betadood with Ragna/Hyde and 13th by Raiden with Ragna/Hyde at Anime Ascension 2019.
- 1st at KVO The Winter Battle by Kyamei.
- 7th at NEC 19 by PunishedShotty with Hyde/Jin.
- 7th at DreamHack Atlanta 2018 by SKD.
- And 4th place at East Coast Throwdown 2018 by PunishedShotty.

These are just a few tournament placings I could find, I'd post more but I think it'd be best to keep it sweet. With all that said, Hyde is seen as a High Tier character, but some have speculated he could potentially be a Top Tier character, due to his incredible and strong tools he has in BBTAG, great zoning and one of the best corner carries in the game along with great assists.
So, how GOOD was Hyde Kido actually?

To be honest, I think he was pretty good. Hyde has been a strong character and showed how strong he is for being a protagonist character, while he hasn't been a Top Tier threat (Except for some theories in BBTAG) he has shown strong potential against a huge majority of the cast, while he does show weakness in matchups and even potential threats such as Ruby, Blake and Yu can shy him away from being a Top Tier, he still has the potential of becoming one and just needs that little push.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
hey lord puddingcups,

keep it down will ya
I cannot because I must be a lil bit extra at all times.

That ain't happening when he has Meisterfang, Special Spiral, and Beast Valor. Anyway, his new English voice actor, Ted Sroka, is Dan from Street Fighter. He also apparently voiced Mega Man X in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Not sure why they didn't use Ray Chase for Keaton since he's basically werewolf, trinkets Gaius and Ray Chase was pretty close to Gideon Emery's voice and performance as Gaius, but whatever.
The voice acting has been pretty good even with substitutions here 'n' there. The only exception being Miss Libra. I get the whole Lucius v2.0 aspect, but it's ruined when they use a female VA - since Libra comes off as a woman who is extremely butch but still pretty. They were probably like "lol Cindy is already here doing Aversa's lines why not just make her do Libra's lines too? :^)"

How dare. Panne is the closest thing to Fran from Final Fantasy XII and Fran's a badass, but not in-game because the developers decided she should have the lowest stats out of the characters in the original release of the game. I'm not sure why she's a GHB since you never fight her in Awakening. You can fight her son depending on which side you choose during his paralogue, so Yarne being a GHB unit would make more sense than Panne.
I saw her art and actually didn't mind it, surprisingly. I loved Fran in XII but never really used her because of her odd rounds of stats. I stuck with mage/healer Ashe, Prisoner Bara, and boy wonder. I wish guns/bows were actually good in XI. It felt so wrong using Balthier without some pewpews or Fran without a Bow.

Anyway, back to Panne, I might use her if she's a Libra/Seth type of character statwise. There aren't really that many middling-stats characters in this game with 200+ characters which is odd and they are the most fun to build and also the most flexible... As long as they are not red, anyway. :^(

Top Bottom