• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Soooo, I have 3 L!Lyns somehow. I guess I have to use her even though she's a severely confused bait unit.

"i got speed and average defenses but you need me to take hits to get the most out of me jajaja"

Gooooorl pls. You can't even tank Ophelia properly with that lame bulk+ability. Go sit down, heaux.

Greil looks really fine :nifty:
2 fine 4 us

Gimme dat Fury 4 tho.

I also want those flowers for Boey. It's basically a better +1 extra stats Owl Tome for him if his only buddy is M!Corrin. +memes so he can gib flabers to his waif, Cress's +10 Mae.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Soooo, I have 3 L!Lyns somehow. I guess I have to use her even though she's a severely confused bait unit.

"i got speed and average defenses but you need me to take hits to get the most out of me jajaja"

Gooooorl pls. You can't even tank Ophelia properly with that lame bulk+ability. Go sit down, heaux.
Legendary Lyn uses Dull Ranged well, but then you have to kill a M!Morgan.

The artwork of the new seasonal heroes are on the official site. Titania is so pretty: https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/titania_warm_knight/.

Also, Greil has some thigh game going on. :p

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going BBTAG Arcade edition fans? :nifty:

So BBTAG will be getting a big balance patch for the Arcade release whenever that comes about. There are Universal Changes made to the game mechanics and every character got their fair share of Buffs/Nerfs. :yeahboi:

I'll leave this here then for any BBTAG players here.
https://arcsystemworks.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-02-05-patch-notes/

But I'll list the important balance changes made for the characters I play though.
Smart Combo 1 [5th Hit] 5AAAAA
+ Increased tech unrecoverable frames.
+ When Yu is within a certain distance from his Persona, the Persona can now attack from its current position, rather than the predefined position of the attack.

Smart Combo 4 [2nd Hit] j.AA
+ Increased tech unrecoverable frames.

j.C
- Increased Startup Frames.
+ Increased Additional Proration.
- Decreased Frame Advantage.
+ Move is now cancellable on hit.

236A (Zio)
+ Increased Recovery Frames.
+
Increased Bullet Speed.

236C (EX Zio)
\ Increased Blowback Height.

j.236BC (Ziodyne)
\ Changed the hit effect to knockdown.
+ Increased Recovery Frames.

6P (Partner Skill)
\ Changed the action.

4P (Partner Skill)
+ Increased tech unrecoverable time.
My thoughts on this is that Yu got some nice buffs. It seems like he'll get a lot of nice stuff when AE comes out for BBTAG.

Dash
+ Increased initial speed.

Smart Combo 1 [3rd Hit] 5AAA
+ Decreased Ground Stagger Time.
+ Move now gatlings into 5B (Standing B)
+ Move now gatlings into 2B (Crouching B)

Smart Combo 2 [2nd Hit] 5BB
+ Increased Persona's movement value.

j.C
+ Decreased startup frames.
+ Decreased the arc when releasing charge.
+ Increased invulnerability time.
+ The move’s counter hit state now expires once the active frames expire.
+ Adjusted hit stop of counter hit, increasing the frame advantage.

j.214A/B (Flying ****lord Bet Ya Can't Take This!)
+ Increased damage.
+ Decreased startup of A version.

236C (EX Cruel Attack)
+ Extended the collision box downward.

The fact that Kanji got these sweet buffs makes me very happy. I often play Kanji as a meme character, but seeing this makes me wonder if I should make him my go-to main along with Gordeau who I'm very dedicated with. Other then that, our flying boy is still here.

Smart Combo 1 [4th Hit] 5AAAA
214x (Assimilation)
6P (Rusty Nail)
Mortal Slide (Assimilation Portion)
+ Moves no longer grant the opponent Skill Gauge on hit.
+ The Skill Gauge absorption property is now strengthened based on the change above.

5A
- Decreased frame advantage.

5B
- Decreased active frames.
- Move no longer hits an opponent above a certain height.

Smart Combo 2 [2nd Hit] 5BB

2A
- Increased startup frames.

2B
+ Increased additional proration of the 2nd hit.
- Lowered blowback height.

j.DP (Aerial Precise Aim)
+ Move can now deal additional attacks if the attack hits the opponent’s main character.

236x (GRIM REAPER)
- Decreased damage.
- Decreased knockback distance.
- No longer hits an opponent that is behind Gordeau.

214B (Assimilation)
- Delayed the activation timing of head attribute invulnerability.

5P (Grim Reaper)
- Decreased damage.

Partner KO Entry Attack

...Wow. WOOOOOOW. Gordeau got gutted. He got nerfed so god damn hard. It's real bad. All of these nerfs is like looking at the Bayonetta nerfs in Smash Ultimate. He could end up being Low Tier or worse, Bottom Tier now. But I'll still main him, I'm dedicated to him so much. And I'm one of those that believes that Gordeau wasn't the problem, it was Ruby. R.I.P. Gordeau, I'll still main you.

2A
+ Increased Attack Level.

2C
+ Decreased startup frames.

j.C

214BC [RB version] (Enhanced Ruber Angelus Animus)
\ Changed hit animation.

5P
+ Move can now deal additional attacks if the attack hits the opponent’s main character.

6P
\ Changed the action.

Small changes, but these I am fine with. It's nice that she'll get some more recognition. Though I'm quite curious on what her 6P will be now since it'll no longer be Lumen Stella, which is her fireball. I'm guessing it'll be her 236A version of Mico Ruceo. Which could allow her to zone more as an assist character, who knows.

Other than those, these are a lot of changes. I'm amazed that everyone got adjusted, buffed or nerfed (rip Gordeau), the only one buffs I am absolutely against are the Yang buffs, I do not like fighting her in BBTAG and the fact that her theme is so annoying plus it plays every time she's at 30% makes it worse, why must you do me dirty like this Mori!? But other then that, hopefully we'll get this once the Arcade release comes out, I'm expecting there to be a trailer after EVO Japan or maybe even after EVO.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Legendary Lyn uses Dull Ranged well, but then you have to kill a M!Morgan.

The artwork of the new seasonal heroes are on the official site. Titania is so pretty: https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/titania_warm_knight/.

Also, Greil has some thigh game going on. :p
She should've had a statline like 36/30/36/16/33 to solidify her role as a magic bait unit. Maybe with her special skill giving her +5 atk/spd/res.

Instead they put some power into physical bulk. Not a lot, but enough to make her garbage vs cheese threats like Ophelia or Veronica. She counters blue magic without WTA-ignoring specials, that's it lmao. Unless I give her a Guard Bow, which kinda nulls the point of using her for prf score.

However she can be used as an offensive bow unit. Just an average one tho.

Anyway, I might be able to get her a partner that can give her +9 def/res to be a universal ranged counter, since red magic is basically extinct. Wish I could build a colorless ranged tank instead tho. Faye pls become 3*/4* ok thnx.

D

Deleted member 189823

I feel like another skill to consider for Lissa would be Special Fighter. She has a workable speed stat so she doesn't need to entirely rely on the guaranteed doubles from the other 2 Fighter skills, and it's active both phases which gives her some flexibility. She also already has nice mixed defenses, so stopping specials on top of that is going to increase her survivability even more.
But ofc the skill is super extremo premium and if ya don't have the fodder for it, Vengeful should work just fine on a DC set.
Part of the reason I haven't summoned for my free CYL2. It's pretty much either Ephraim or Veronica (best F2P utilty). Thing is, I don't think her Spd is that workable unless she commits to non-DC A-slot, sacrificing defenses or having to choose between Player or Enemy Phase (beats the purpose of Special Fighter in the first place).

I mean, yeah, she has Handbell and I am going to S-support her, but that's "only" 34 Spd, and just on Enemy Phase. I'd have to go for something like Fury if I want her to break 40 Spd, and then stuff like an Hone to have her double a lot more.

Then again, I don't even have Vengeful in the first place, so it's still considerable.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, I guess Zelda having open-toed heels is attracting some people. Yes, I made sure to watch all of this to make sure it's not too lewd. SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , will you main Zelda for her feet in Ultimate? :p

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Well, I guess Zelda having open-toed heels is attracting some people. Yes, I made sure to watch all of this to make sure it's not too lewd. SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , will you main Zelda for her feet in Ultimate? :p
Thanks for posting this, sis.

It's enough for me to finally drop Zelda as my main after all these years. :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going you Tales fans? :nifty:

Watching some combo videos of Tales of Vesperia, and I'm amazed on how crazy the stuff you can do, especially with Judith. Watching her combos is like watching Doctor Doom combos in Marvel 3.

The truth comes out, will he actually do it? :secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And so I return from being banned by the fabulous mod sistern BJN39 BJN39 . Bleak, colorless -- I am a shell of my former self.

:p

No, really, though, this avatar captures the entirety of my feelings towards being a Falco main. Where did I go wrong? How did I end up like this? Why out of all the characters featured in Smash does this blue bird thing end up being the only character I genuinely enjoy playing despite all his flaws and all the stupidity that surrounds him? What is this suffering that I have condemned myself to by being a Falco main? Is there an escape? Is there salvation beyond this barrage of lasers, metal kicks, and flapping wings? What do those gold bands on his arms serve!?

But in real life, though, not doing so hot. I feel like I've lost my heart and maybe I'm burned out, but in a very peculiar way. The weather doesn't help either with it having been freezing cold last week and now ice storms. Of all the times for awful weather, it's when the spring semester starts. It could have been before and it could have never occurred at all. It had to be now. Outside of college, the martial arts school I went to had to move and kind of merged with another school. Let's just say I'm not feeling the new school. Nothing wrong with the people, but I really do not like the environment. Perhaps it's because I'm an "old man" in the sense of being a martial artist or too pragmatic, but I don't care for this community thing they're doing and I'm very much not a fan of this implied branding they want making it difficult get your own gear.

With martial arts, I'm there because I want to learn whatever martial art whether by choice or not like I didn't know anything about boxing, but one day the instructors at the old school figured they would teach it again for the adults and higher belts and here I was learning boxing, then Muay Thai, grappling, tai chi, bajiquan, and whatever else I don't remember. Some of it was only a few techniques, but even then, it was so interesting to me just to get a taste of something new and something I didn't know about. History, tradition, and the inevitable camaraderie that comes with practicing with others are fine if not appreciated. The other stuff, eh. Just eh. I get it, they need to make money, so martial arts schools also being daycare centers, branding to get sponsorships or discounts on equipment, and whatever else they need to do I understand. It's just I'd like it if it was more about the martial art.

On the bright side, the school I went to is technically still it's own thing as far as I know. We're more or less sharing a space with the other school. So, that does mean while we do our own thing some times, we aren't entirely separate and do collaborate or perhaps are obligated to collaborate with the other school. I don't know. Just want to get this things off my chest.

Edit: In FEH, I got the wrong sword armor and you can guess who it is. Why do we still not have another 4* summonable sword armor? Give them some crappy sword nobody wants or something as long as there's more than Draug in the 4* or lower summoning pool for sword armors. Nothing on Draug, but it's kind of annoying that sword and axe armors only have one non-5* summonable option.

Boosets and baflaws being visible makes this way faster.
3* Boey: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Clarine: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Draug: +HP, -Atk.

4* Gordin: +Def, -Spd.

4* Hinata: +Spd, -Atk.

And a 4* Gunter (+Def, -Atk) from rerun banner of today.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Five colorless orbs and on a banner with no colorless focus. Thanks, game.
4* Gordin: +Res, -Def.

4* Leon: +Res, -Def.

4* Matthew: +Res, -Spd.

4* Niles: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Serra: +HP, -Def.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hai domo! Virtual YouTuber Kizuna Ai desu~ ♥

I am so sorry for that. :secretkpop:

How is it going Duelists? :ultpalutena:

I'll be trying to get Blazblue Centralfiction for Switch tomorrow along with Fate/Extella LINK later during the month. Since those are two titles I am after. I wanna play Kokonoe because I liked her in BBCP and that I did enjoy Fate/Extella The Umbral Star, I wanna just play more since I only cleared one story in the original Fate/Extella and didn't do anything afterwards. So this is where LINK comes into play, hopefully I can entice myself to get more stuff down in that game compared to the vanilla release.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Best SmashU-invitation origin story every created tbh:
#oopsT -BJN

It shows how incredibly wholesome the Piranha Baby is even when surrounded by total heauxes, such as Samus or Sakurai. :secretkpop:

Also, I'm going to add a song 2-7 times a week to a playlist for sassy songs (aka: gorl-tastic, super gay, randumb, or meme-y songs) to use for any Gorl SmUsh video. Because all the videos people are posting on YT are just atrociously lacking in gorl power or meme power. If they want to show off combos and use bad/generic/no music, just skip sound altogether and make a gif instead yew silly heauxes. :^)

I'll also add songs gorls suggest, so it'll basically be a big list called BAN • Gorl Approved List. Or the part of the song to use too I guess (ex: ?t=163 at the end of a video link). If it's just a certain part, I'll comment on the video with "0:00 is gorl approved" so it can easily be found just by searching "GORL" bcuz honesTly who's going to use gorl on purpose besides us?

Obviously this needs to be on the B•GAL:

All of my posts will now start with a B•GAL video to remind you lazy gorls to find and post music. We must save the sassless masses from their atrociously basic videos. Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! yew beTTer have some sTuff ready.
And so I return from being banned by the fabulous mod sistern BJN39 BJN39 . Bleak, colorless -- I am a shell of my former self.

:p

No, really, though, this avatar captures the entirety of my feelings towards being a Falco main. Where did I go wrong? How did I end up like this? Why out of all the characters featured in Smash does this blue bird thing end up being the only character I genuinely enjoy playing despite all his flaws and all the stupidity that surrounds him? What is this suffering that I have condemned myself to by being a Falco main? Is there an escape? Is there salvation beyond this barrage of lasers, metal kicks, and flapping wings? What do those gold bands on his arms serve!?
So you're basically a feathery version of a Zelda Main, congratz. :secretkpop:

At least Falco is viable-ish jajaja.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Hey y'all

I know I'm not really active on this sitem as I used to but it would be greatly appreciated if you could throw a few votes in for me as your Zelda rep. =D

https://www.twitter.com/weemaXy54/status/1093615248492449792

https://smash.gg/tournament/smash-ultimate-summit/voting/25992
We’re all supporting you! Here’s hoping.
Because I never learn, I bring more feet posts. This one is as equally sinful as the one about Zelda's luscious toes. :p
To be fair, if Pichu’s hitboxes were accurate to his size, he’d be unplayable

D

Deleted member 189823

Just lost at WR1. Not even going to bother. If I'm going to suck, I'd rather go all the way.

I literally don't see the point in "practicing" every day if you're just going to drop everything you thought you knew. I swear, practicing for an actual tourment may as well be a whole world of it's own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So you're basically a feathery version of a Zelda Main, congratz. :secretkpop:

At least Falco is viable-ish jajaja.
I'd rather be a cute and sassy Zelda main than a feathery and angry Falco main. :p

To be fair, if Pichu’s hitboxes were accurate to his size, he’d be unplayable
It's less of the hitbox size and more of how long it's active. Pichu's Ftilt has a low startup of frame 5, is active for 8 frames, has only 13 recovery frames, and has high knockback growth letting it kill and surprisingly so. Even without its high active frames making up for its low recovery, Pichu can repeatedly Ftilt and put out a lasting hitbox which is fairly annoying and dangerous to characters at high percents. With the way it's animated, I don't know if cutting its active frames down to 4 would work without causing some issues regarding Pichu extending its hurtbox out like that. The second hitbox comes out on frame 9, according to the Japanese spreadsheet, and overlaps a bit with first hitbox as that's active from frames 5-9: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...f1GGIteH35UX3IM7-mnbdG6eE/edit#gid=1945569164.

Lowering the knockback growth of which it has 150 growth might work or it might not since one of the things Pichu's Ftilt can do is guarantee trips at low percents, so while it would lose kill power, its percentage range of being able to trip would be increased.

Speaking of frame data, Falco's Dair autocancel window was confirmed to be before frame 4 and after frame 29, the same as his Melee Dair's autocancel.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Managed to get the new Ike and Soren really quickly and now I'm gonna start investing into my second super memey but super srs team. This is the basic outline I have for it, but there's a lot of blank spots for stuff I'm not sure on yet.

Like 1 blank spot I'm not sure on yet is the B slot on both Sorens. Vanilla Soren loves Chill Speed (and I do have a F!Celica for it), but Valentine's Soren has Spd Feint so maybe I should use that instead and give vanilla Soren a different Chill?
Also I haven't built up vanilla Soren yet either, so he could also choose +Res since I kinda want to make him more of the support here so the extra survivability might help (I don't have a +Spd one tho cri).
Also, I'm going to add a song 2-7 times a week to a playlist for sassy songs (aka: gorl-tastic, super gay, randumb, or meme-y songs) to use for any Gorl SmUsh video. Because all the videos people are posting on YT are just atrociously lacking in gorl power or meme power. If they want to show off combos and use bad/generic/no music, just skip sound altogether and make a gif instead yew silly heauxes. :^)

I'll also add songs gorls suggest, so it'll basically be a big list called BAN • Gorl Approved List. Or the part of the song to use too I guess (ex: ?t=163 at the end of a video link). If it's just a certain part, I'll comment on the video with "0:00 is gorl approved" so it can easily be found just by searching "GORL" bcuz honesTly who's going to use gorl on purpose besides us?

Obviously this needs to be on the B•GAL:

All of my posts will now start with a B•GAL video to remind you lazy gorls to find and post music. We must save the sassless masses from their atrociously basic videos. Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! yew beTTer have some sTuff ready.
o we really are doing this
I'll starT with Little Boots, she has some niec music

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Okay I know it’s been like ages since I last spoke up in here I’m sorry but I came back just to let y’all know-
55772C48-F92D-4B5D-A24D-1C29C7E6C98D.jpeg

My boy, nearly 2 years in the making, is finally complete, and I couldn’t be happier ahhhh

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
which seasonal units did you gorls pull? i wanted to choose red both times, but i literally got zero red stones for each summoning session rip

so i pulled green on the first banner and got a +atk -def HNY!Aqua, and then pulled blue on this morning’s banner and got a +atk -hp winter!ephraim. i already had a +atk new year!aqua, so maybe i’ll just give her weapon to we!chrom or something. that ephraim nature is incredible and obvs way better than the +hp -def one i already had. +atk literally brings him up to 45 base atk wtf. i’ll definitely have to start using him

i was really hoping to pull a halloween myrrh bc i have a ton of premium fodder for her (managed to snag a hector from his BHB rerun and a brave ephraim from the most recent LHB) but alas. myrrh won’t even be on a LHB until March at the earliest (i think), which means i’ll have to wait a while to get her :(

speaking of which, the upcoming LHB at the end of the month actually starts on my birthday! i’m really hoping that i get lucky and manage to pull hríd and/or some good fodder. iirc all of the colors are already accounted for, so the new legendary hero could be anyone.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
which seasonal units did you gorls pull? i wanted to choose red both times, but i literally got zero red stones for each summoning session rip
Wanted red both times, got 1 color + 4 colorless orbs both times.

A +ATK PA!Inigo for the first one, and a -ATK/+HP Summer!Camilla for the second.

PA!Inigo is sort of useless, but running TA and fixing my old Inigo's nature does give him some utility as a ranged dancer who can technically take WTA hits.

Summer!Camilla has basically the only IV that just makes my -HP/+ATK Summer!Corrin just straight up better than her. Also unlike Corrin, Camilla has a pretty interesting weapon that I'd be okay foddering my only copy of if I just had someone to give it to. Problem is this isn't anyone to give it to, I guess? Especially if I'm giving it to someone I would be merging cause even with Fury 3 in the A-slot it's hard to get some units into Desperation range with the added HP, and all the older Gen 1 units have been getting prf weapons.

All of my posts will now start with a B•GAL video to remind you lazy gorls to find and post music. We must save the sassless masses from their atrociously basic videos. Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! yew beTTer have some sTuff ready.
Cress! Cress! did tried something similar a while back, I think? I recced a few songs back then.

Would also recommend this classic:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The B•GAL is updated so far. Yew need to link the video, preferably ones from the official source or Topics so they don't mysteriously disappear rip.

time 4 da gorls 2 womon up ofc:

I pulled a +atk/-hp H!Kagero, which is nice compared to the S!Chrom I pulled (who I already had to begin with wtf). Currently 55 orbs in on the new Valentine's Banner. Really hoping for an Ike for any of the focus folks since all of them are great fodder. I also swapped my Summoner Support to Niles, who will be my next +10 project since I already over-invested in him lmao. I need a colorless that I actually want to use... Even though my Felicia is +10, I don't really like how annoying her kit is to use since her weapon is kinda meh (-1 special vs magic but doesn't cut down on the damage she takes is half-awful).

Wanted red both times, got 1 color + 4 colorless orbs both times.

A +ATK PA!Inigo for the first one, and a -ATK/+HP Summer!Camilla for the second.
Literally how dare you get my husbando, I'm calling the copperoos.

btw 10/10 B-Money song. I always thought she was saying launch which woulda been perfect for Zelda for obvious reasons. But today I learned she says lunch wow wtf. I mean, it still works. But w/e.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
BAN•ZELDA'S•TOES

we didn't know it at the time but those twilight princess boots were doing a gooood job at keeping her away from (some) of the toe creeps :'( rip

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Both times, no red orbs. Talked about it last time, but +Def, -Spd spring Camilla on the first one. For the second one, there were only green and colorless orbs where I picked colorless since I picked green before and I was aiming for a colorless unit in hopes of getting any of them, especially WAH! Mia and knowing that ninjabbit Kagero could show up again. Guess who snuck her way in? A +Atk, -Res ninjabbit Kagero, so now she has a stronger throwing arm instead of being extra healthy. Well, I guess I'm 9 more copies away from a +10 ninjabbit.

As for unit building and the new weapons, I guess I'm kind of building a Tharja even though I have plenty of red mages. She can be deceptively tanky with the Heroes' version of Anathema from her unique refined tome and I like Tharja to begin with. And then the main problem with unit building rears its ugly head again and that most of the fun skills are all 5* locked making them extremely rare to get and I do not want to have to sacrifice the only copy of a unit just to do some weird build. In this case, I never summoned a Kliff, so I can't be stupid and plop Fortress Def/Res on Tharja. With Anathema and Fortress Def/Res 3, a neutral Tharja would effectively have 38 speed, 33 defense, and 30 resistance at the cost of 2 attack dropping her down to 44, but who cares about attack when you have a personal -blade tome? She'd have Odin levels of bulk, but without having his low base attack. I mean, I guess I could give her Fury and Renewal like I with Odin or finally use that spare Takumi manual for Close Counter on her, but who why do those things when I could do a Fortress Def/Res Tharja build? Close Counter seal when? :p

Oboro I feel like got shafted. All she gets is Close Def and that's it. Effective damage has been a bit inconsistent where it kind of leans to being a free effect unless the unique refine is something substantial which I consider Bartre's to be since Fury 3, +3 to all stats, is no joke. That and on paper, Axe of Virility having effective damage against armors, something else that isn't a Killer effect, and Fury as its unique refinement would have made Mystletainn, a legendary weapon, look bad. Or something Durandal and Forblaze where effective damage against dragons would probably let Eliwood and Lilina overkill most if not all dragons unlike Binding Blade which requires Roy to be attacked first and he doesn't get the ability to stack that much attack like Eliwood and Lilina. With Oboro, we have Florina, Nephenee, and Tana. Starting with Neph, Dauntless Lance has both effective damage against armors and a Killer effect as its base effects and the unique refinement is Steady Posture. She doesn't get as much defense as Oboro gets when attacked by melee units or resistance to begin with and for some, a defense or speed refine would be more practical, but she has a Killer effect. Florina essentially gets Close Spectrum where she doesn't get as much defense or resistance as Oboro, but Florina can end up being very speedy despite her lowish base speed from stacking a lot of Goad Fliers or she could make up for the slightly lower defense buffs with a Fortify or Ward Fliers buff. Tana gets a slightly stronger Close Def and a 2 range Atk/Spd Bond 2 when she's near infantry and armor allies. It's not effective damage, but it lets her be more flexible compared to Oboro who's only going to be doing extra damage to armors.

I don't know, but it feels like they could have given Oboro something like Darting Stance, Spur Def/Res 2, or whatever as the second base effect for her spear and so she'd have a bit more than effective damage against armors as the base effect and Close Def as the unique refine. Fierce Stance would have made a lot of sense too considering her angry face. I also don't see it as a she's a low rarity unit while Nephenee and Tana are 5* units. We've had plenty of 5* units gain new weapons or refinements that people consider meh or even bad like Innes, Seliph, and Takumi despite some of them making a lot of sense lore-wise, but lore isn't power. Even new 5* units are introduced with personal weapons that people consider meh like for some, Quan's Gae Bolg seems like it only has one effect while recent ones have two, three, or one extreme effect or L'Arachel's defense boost from Ivaldi doesn't really help her when her base defense is 17. And Leif is slowly becoming a laughingstock now that Niles' new bow has Lightbrand/Shining Bow's effect, a Killer effect, and Flashing Blade if you go for the unique refinement let alone that he might not be popular or known as a lord either.

I might build Oboro and centered around her spear in the future, but she's not on the high priority list and getting some of the skills is going to be hard. Mainly the A passive since Close Def is 5* and heroic grails locked, all breaths are locked and/or seasonal, even some of the stances are locked where Warding Stance is seasonal because of course it is, and more Silas refuses to show up, so I can't even get Steady Stance 3 without burning some heroic grails for the Black Knight or Dorcas to get Sturdy Stance instead. Maybe I'll stack Darting Stance on Oboro instead... And armors don't care about your speed on enemy phase or in general because Bold Fighter, Wary Fighter, or whatever stupid effect they have on their weapon that allows them to do follow-up attacks. Distant Counter on her with Distant Def as her seal would be like Zephiel with Distant Counter and Close Def as a seal. Problem: Distant Counter.

Also, speaking of skill inheritance, the March update is increasing the amount of skills you can inherit from 3 to 4.

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , I don't know. I guess this songs speaks about how Zelda is a dysfunctional "character", but she can kick ass and sass like the best of them.

Edit: I think this video is from her official YouTube channel.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Next song, I'll just copy one of the ones in that post Buudhahobo linked to. Karmin was good, and Qveen Herby is still good.
Got a -Spd B!Cordy on the first banner and a +Spd V!Lyn on the second. Not really sure what to do with either, maybe I'll do some kind of meme set with Cordy's bow on another unit that can use it better (Leon maybe).
Oboro I feel like got shafted. All she gets is Close Def and that's it. Effective damage has been a bit inconsistent where it kind of leans to being a free effect unless the unique refine is something substantial which I consider Bartre's to be since Fury 3, +3 to all stats, is no joke. That and on paper, Axe of Virility having effective damage against armors, something else that isn't a Killer effect, and Fury as its unique refinement would have made Mystletainn, a legendary weapon, look bad. Or something Durandal and Forblaze where effective damage against dragons would probably let Eliwood and Lilina overkill most if not all dragons unlike Binding Blade which requires Roy to be attacked first and he doesn't get the ability to stack that much attack like Eliwood and Lilina. With Oboro, we have Florina, Nephenee, and Tana. Starting with Neph, Dauntless Lance has both effective damage against armors and a Killer effect as its base effects and the unique refinement is Steady Posture. She doesn't get as much defense as Oboro gets when attacked by melee units or resistance to begin with and for some, a defense or speed refine would be more practical, but she has a Killer effect. Florina essentially gets Close Spectrum where she doesn't get as much defense or resistance as Oboro, but Florina can end up being very speedy despite her lowish base speed from stacking a lot of Goad Fliers or she could make up for the slightly lower defense buffs with a Fortify or Ward Fliers buff. Tana gets a slightly stronger Close Def and a 2 range Atk/Spd Bond 2 when she's near infantry and armor allies. It's not effective damage, but it lets her be more flexible compared to Oboro who's only going to be doing extra damage to armors.

I don't know, but it feels like they could have given Oboro something like Darting Stance, Spur Def/Res 2, or whatever as the second base effect for her spear and so she'd have a bit more than effective damage against armors as the base effect and Close Def as the unique refine. Fierce Stance would have made a lot of sense too considering her angry face. I also don't see it as a she's a low rarity unit while Nephenee and Tana are 5* units. We've had plenty of 5* units gain new weapons or refinements that people consider meh or even bad like Innes, Seliph, and Takumi despite some of them making a lot of sense lore-wise, but lore isn't power. Even new 5* units are introduced with personal weapons that people consider meh like for some, Quan's Gae Bolg seems like it only has one effect while recent ones have two, three, or one extreme effect or L'Arachel's defense boost from Ivaldi doesn't really help her when her base defense is 17. And Leif is slowly becoming a laughingstock now that Niles' new bow has Lightbrand/Shining Bow's effect, a Killer effect, and Flashing Blade if you go for the unique refinement let alone that he might not be popular or known as a lord either.

I might build Oboro and centered around her spear in the future, but she's not on the high priority list and getting some of the skills is going to be hard. Mainly the A passive since Close Def is 5* and heroic grails locked, all breaths are locked and/or seasonal, even some of the stances are locked where Warding Stance is seasonal because of course it is, and more Silas refuses to show up, so I can't even get Steady Stance 3 without burning some heroic grails for the Black Knight or Dorcas to get Sturdy Stance instead. Maybe I'll stack Darting Stance on Oboro instead... And armors don't care about your speed on enemy phase or in general because Bold Fighter, Wary Fighter, or whatever stupid effect they have on their weapon that allows them to do follow-up attacks. Distant Counter on her with Distant Def as her seal would be like Zephiel with Distant Counter and Close Def as a seal. Problem: Distant Counter.
Yeah I want to build her up, but her new weapon isn't anything too crazy. It's nice, but it won't help her a WHOLE lot.
I was thinking that maybe Dull Close would be a good option for her while stacking Close Def everywhere else, buuuuut armors basically never use bonuses so it wouldn't even do anything against the unit type she should be countering. Aaaaaaaaand the skill is still only limited to S!Cordy so it isn't like I have the fodder to try it in the first place.
Maybe I'll just give her Null Follow Up and laugh at Fighter skills.

Top Bottom