• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This version of Zelda also has three great potential costumes - her champion's outift, her fancy dress, and her white gown. I actually did up a set of ten palette swaps using these three outfits:

Click the image for better resolution.

The top row is her champion outfit: the default colours, a palette inspired by Skyward Sword Zelda, a palette inspired by Tetra, and a palette inspired by the Zelda Animated Series (ok, the show was bad but I admittedly kind of liked her design, color-wise at least)
Then there are three swaps inspired by the royal dress: the default, an Ocarina of Time-inspired palette, and a Twilight Princess-inspired palette.
Finally, there are three swaps inspired by her ceremonial gown: the default, one inspired by young Zelda from Ocarina of Time, and one inspired by a Link to the Past.
Lovely recolors. I’d love a green and a black one as well for the royal gown - Zelda’s green team TP dress was beautiful and I loved playing as Dark Zelda for some games.

Never thought about the LttP recolor for the prayer dress, but it’s beautiful.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think her silhouette is her Hyrule Warriors outfit, and her moveset will be based on that. BotW Zelda isn't really a fighter

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I think her silhouette is her Hyrule Warriors outfit, and her moveset will be based on that. BotW Zelda isn't really a fighter
Zelda has almost never been a fighter in the LoZ series, in Smash she's mostly been used as a representation of the magical side of Zelda games, while Link represents the physical combat.

Luminario

Smash Lord
To be fair, neither was OoT Zelda.
I can't see them skipping BotW Zelda for a much less popular spin-off design that won't mesh well with BotW Link, nor can I really see them changing her magical concept for a sword.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
These will give us some idea of how she could look:
Zelda there with a riding crop in the concept art. BotW certainly had some emphasis on horses and Zelda did ride hers in quite a few cutscenes. What if that was incorporated into or moveset or something? Have it rush in an out for an attack or something?

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
There are so many things they could do with Zelda and that scares me a little. A part of me wants the smash 4 Zelda with buffs and fixes because that's the Zelda we have always had (with changes here and there) and the one I've had a blast playing. On the other hand, she has been mediocre in 3 games and maybe it really is time for a total revamp. Lets be honest for a second though... We all know Zelda is a mess and we play her because she is fun, not because she is good. That may no longer be the case if she is reworked. I'd like to see the Link treatment and have 2 Zeldas on the roster but I highly doubt that's gonna happen. I'd enjoy the return of Shelda but instead of making their Down B transform just tie the transformation to one of their taunts. I'm just gonna assume based on the trailer that BotW Zelda is replacing the current Zelda and hope for the best lol.

BotW Zelda has a lot of new tools she could use
  • Bow of Light: Side special. It could be a great replacement for Din's Fire.
  • Revali's Gale: Recovery special. Could include the paraglider to have something similar to Peach's floaty recovery.
  • Daruk's Protection: Down Special. Probably a counter move since this was a defensive ability in BotW. Daruk could counter attack for Zelda.
  • Urbosa's Fury: I think this could fit as a unique ability on smash attacks. In BotW, Urbosa's Fury would activate when you charged your weapon to attack for an extended period of time. In Smash Switch the effect could be applied when Zelda charges her smash attacks. This could be used as sort of a ranged poke game or "come to me" option which Zelda really lacks atm.
  • Mipha's Grace: Neutral Special. This one is kinda hard to work with because the BotW effect doesn't really transfer over well into a game like Smash. Full health recovery or an extra stock is incredibly broken. Chargable attack like Clouds Limit Break. When Fully charged it gives the floaty green ghost bubbles around Zelda indicating that it is charged. Increases all of your other specials for 1 use. Activating Mipha's Grace again will heal Zelda.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
There are so many things they could do with Zelda and that scares me a little. A part of me wants the smash 4 Zelda with buffs and fixes because that's the Zelda we have always had (with changes here and there) and the one I've had a blast playing. On the other hand, she has been mediocre in 3 games and maybe it really is time for a total revamp. Lets be honest for a second though... We all know Zelda is a mess and we play her because she is fun, not because she is good. That may no longer be the case if she is reworked. I'd like to see the Link treatment and have 2 Zeldas on the roster but I highly doubt that's gonna happen. I'd enjoy the return of Shelda but instead of making their Down B transform just tie the transformation to one of their taunts. I'm just gonna assume based on the trailer that BotW Zelda is replacing the current Zelda and hope for the best lol.

BotW Zelda has a lot of new tools she could use
  • Bow of Light: Side special. It could be a great replacement for Din's Fire.
  • Revali's Gale: Recovery special. Could include the paraglider to have something similar to Peach's floaty recovery.
  • Daruk's Protection: Down Special. Probably a counter move since this was a defensive ability in BotW. Daruk could counter attack for Zelda.
  • Urbosa's Fury: I think this could fit as a unique ability on smash attacks. In BotW, Urbosa's Fury would activate when you charged your weapon to attack for an extended period of time. In Smash Switch the effect could be applied when Zelda charges her smash attacks. This could be used as sort of a ranged poke game or "come to me" option which Zelda really lacks atm.
  • Mipha's Grace: Neutral Special. This one is kinda hard to work with because the BotW effect doesn't really transfer over well into a game like Smash. Full health recovery or an extra stock is incredibly broken. Chargable attack like Clouds Limit Break. When Fully charged it gives the floaty green ghost bubbles around Zelda indicating that it is charged. Increases all of your other specials for 1 use. Activating Mipha's Grace again will heal Zelda.
I like it, it seems actually similar to something I posted earlier in the thread, though I very much dislike Daruk's as a counter. Also what about instead of empowering specials you can activate it once charged (instantly) for some armour/super armour on the next (maybe couple) or attacks. That way it could represent the extra hearts you receive above your max health in game.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I like the idea of reworking a few of Zelda's normals into using a rapier (jab/rapid jab, ftilt, fsmash, dsmash, fair, dash attack) and keeping her old moves just the way they are. This would give her a bit more range. She still keeps a few of her old flashy kill moves, like bair, usmash, dair, and uair, while giving her a few more tools to wall foes out and approach a little easier. However, their potency could be toned down a bit to balance out the new changes.

I also think she needs to have her specials redone a bit:

Neutral: Light Arrow - a mid-speed, long range projectile that doesn't do a lot of damage, but can at least reliably harass, condition, and force approaches; something Zelda DESPERATELY needs.

Side: Din's - While still having its flaws, it can punish landings in certain situations. I would also get rid of special fall, so that it can have better utility as an edgeguard.

Up: Farore's - Keep the same.

Down: Nayru's - Keep the same.

Final Smash: Hylia's Blessing - Something involving a burst of divine energy. Not getting too creative about designing a FS, but I can leave that to your imagination.

In addition to these changes, I think her dash speed could be slightly increased to make her a little better at approaching. Her grab game is very good, and this would strengthen that.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
What do people think about the idea of Mipha's Grace being represented as a passive ability, that once per stock, when Zelda reaches a certain % (70-100%), she just heals for a certain % (15-25). It's thematic to how it works in game while being a kinda unique (if not especially dynamic) way of making her a bit tougher to kill (though that's not exactly her problem). Just sort of throwing something out there.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
What do people think about the idea of Mipha's Grace being represented as a passive ability, that once per stock, when Zelda reaches a certain % (70-100%), she just heals for a certain % (15-25). It's thematic to how it works in game while being a kinda unique (if not especially dynamic) way of making her a bit tougher to kill (though that's not exactly her problem). Just sort of throwing something out there.
I dunno, it feels like it's padded on just so that Zelda can have all the Champion abilities in one place.

I just can't see Mipha's Grace working as part of Zelda's moveset. The entire concept of the power is "saving you from a tragic mistake" and I really don't want a valuable special slot dedicated to that if Zelda keeps the same movement speed and a single Din's Fire-esque projectile. It could theoretically work as a counter I guess, but that's more Daruk's Protection territory unless it's a healing counter, and that strays a little too far into being an eternally unbalanced move. I know it's aesthetically pleasing to see all the Champion abilities together in a single character, but I think Mipha's just won't work out that way.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
I can see Mipha's grace making you temporarily immune to knockback. Wii Fit has a custom move that does that and it allows you to take a ton of risks because you're effectively unpunishable. The downside is that it takes so long to recharge, it can really only be used once per life.

I still would rather see Zelda have more than one offensive special, but if they go the champion's powers route, I'd like Mipha's grace to be this.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
As I think about it, I don't want too much to happen to her. She is one of my mains, so I don't want to have to relearn her again. Besides, I'd miss the Ocarina references; it was an incredible game. I'd love to have one (or more) of the champions playable themselves (hopefully Urbosa or Revali)

Granted, she does need some things, so I would
  • Not make Din's Fire put her in Free Fall!
  • Change a lot of her abilities (except specials) to 'light' attacks. I don't know where her uair fire blast came from, and it's more lore appropriate for that to be a burst of light. Not the moves, mind you, just the effects.
  • Bring back the transformation, but fix it. (I know, everyone here hates that.) If not, or if the transformation gets moved to a taunt, then make her dspecial into Nayru's Love and give her a neutral special that involves a light element effect. Pit's Bow is a good idea, but she could also take something like making a light rune on the ground (like she does in the boss battle of TP, or one of her specials from HW) and explode upwards like Squirtle's usmash. Actually, that might make a better dspecial...

WiserThanYou

Smash Cadet
Her Final Smash could be changed from the Light Arrow to maybe her Sealing Power in BotW? Have it stun then launch anybody who is in the vicinity of it. Kind of like Mewtwo's but instead of it being a horizontal attack it could be a surrounding one instead.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think that they should make it so you can actually land a lightning kick. I hate being punished for hitting with the sour spot. Like, what kind of sense does that even make? I hit you so now kill me bebe

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Love the lightning kick but it is hard to land. But it’s so satisfying when it does...

It shouldn’t hurt if it’s sourspotted, so buff that. And/or make the sweetspot harder to hit, and make that a kill move like Jiggles’ Rest.

Agecaf

Smash Rookie
If it were working with her current moveset, I'd love some tweaks..
  • Din's Fire: No free-fall in the air, so that it could be used to mix up her recovery. Also maybe give it shorter end-lag for when it is used in short range, and longer when used in long range (so that it might have a use in short range).
  • Lightning kicks: I feel like her short hop airdodge into back air serves as a great "counter", and I feel it's one of the easiest ways to land the move. So maybe change her airdodge, short hop, or forward air so that shorthop airdodge fair would also work would be cool. I'm fine with it requiring sweet-spots, but maybe give it a bit more shield damage, or somehow make it safer on shield? I mean, it could be used as mixup shield-breaker, rewarding spacing for both the zelda player and their adversary. i.e. if you space it correctly, or the oponent shields, you get rewarded, if they space correctly or dodge, you get punished? I'm not sure if that'd be ok.
  • Farore's wind: I think it's great... but maybe give zelda a bit more air mobility just after the move (like samus' bombs)? It's sad to see zelda teleport so close to the ledge and still miss it with her painful air mobility. It could also maybe make edge cancels easier?
  • Forward smash: I think it might be enough to have a single milti-hit smash, and I like her up smash, so maybe change her F-smash to a single hit move? I recall some characters escaping it, but I think that was sort of patched?
  • Up-air, Down-throw: I think it was guaranteed at some point but very hard to pull off consistently? Well it'b be great if it were easier to pull off.
  • Phantom Slash: I don't think we'd need the charges; I find it cool that the mid charge has a weak but nasty hitbox (sending away and slightly downwards, if I remember correctly). I think it'd be nice if the long charge kept its killing offstage purpose, but maybe have the mid charge punish those who think they can jump above it? It'd be ok if the mid charge was relatively weak, but sent them down and away, and the phantom swung the sword above him (characters in the ground would have an easier time blocking, but it would be harder to jump above it).
That being said, I'd also love to see things from BotW brought into her moveset, but I wouldn't know where to start. Her sealing would probably be more suited for a final smash?

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Had a super small local today and had to ditch my Zelda almost immediately. Looking for sparring partners throughout this next week if anyone is available.

Quillion

Smash Hero
If there's anything the Lightning Kicks need to be modeled after, it would be Falcon's knee.

They should make the sourspot a bit strong, not a kill move, but safely sends the enemy a good distance.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
If there's anything the Lightning Kicks need to be modeled after, it would be Falcon's knee.

They should make the sourspot a bit strong, not a kill move, but safely sends the enemy a good distance.
The issue with that is that the knee doesn't have anywhere near the same range, so just landing it is already a feat that should be rewarded.

UseHydroPimp

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised so many people want Zelda to have the champion's abilities. I always imagined giving things like Revali's gale to Link. The Champions in Breath of the Wild give their respective abilities to Link after he frees their spirits in the divine beast. The spirit thingy they shoot at link goes inside of him, so it would be weird to suddenly see Zelda using the abilities they gave to Link.

My idea for Zelda was to have her holding the sheikah slate and use the runes as her special moves. In the memories of Breath of the Wild, Zelda always has the sheikah slate with her, though she mainly uses the camera function. I see why she cant use the runes that Link uses from the very same sheikah slate.

Magnesis - Reflector - Think Rosalina Down Special or Paluetna Default Side Special. Zelda uses the sheikah slate to pick up the item as it is being sent to her. She is given a small time to choose any direction to send it, like how corrin after pinning with side b chooses and option. The projectile travels back much faster and stronger to make up for this time. I could also picture Zelda using the Magnesis function of the rune as her grab, she picks up an opponent and throws them.

Stasis - Stun - If Zelda is standing directly in front of her opponent, she uses stasis to freeze any foe in their place. It would work similar to the game, where energy is built up and after it is over they are launched. So you could use many small hits and finish with a big hit. The time they are frozen wouldn't be long, not as ridiculous as witch-time. The closest comparison Is Mewtwo's disable.

Bomb - Detonated Projectile - Pretty self explanatory, Zelda uses the rune to put a round bomb in her hands that she holds above her head. You can do an overhead throw for height and range or roll the bomb like a bowling ball from skyward sword. After the explosive is deployed at anytime it can be detonated, the blast is small with decent knockback. You obviously could only have one bomb on screen at once, but if you did not want to detonate it,Zelda or another character for that matter could pick the same one up and throw it again.

Cryonis - Create Platform - Zelda uses the cryonis rune to create an ice block below her feet bringing her upwards. If you've ever play rivals of aether this move is like Kragg's up special. You can only have one on screen, after using it you can double jump off of it to get even more height. So to recover you can double jump, then use cryonis, then use two more jumps to get back. This can be used to limit space on the stage by creating a wall, at the risk of getting knocked up and not having an up special to recover with. Use Cryonis to close the gap between you and the enemy to make them not be able to escape previously put down bombs and limiting the distance between you two so you can stasis them. Use Cryonis to cockblock and gimp recoveries, jump from a high height like a from platform and create a wall to block certain recoveries like pk thunder. But you have to time it right. as the taller the cryonis block is, the less time it lasts. The icewall can get destroyed in a few hits.

Thanks for reading my dumb thoughts :) cant wait for the reveal and sakurai's design is totally different from what anybody expected, should be cool.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to lose Brunette TP Zelda :(
I still think TP Zelda is by far the best Zelda. Other Zeldas have looked to teenish or juvenile imo, especially her SS self. I like the BOTW Zelda but she isn't at all as mature and powerful as TP Zelda.

I do not believe Link nor Zelda will have revamped movesets to reflect their BOTW versions. At most I see like one move being adjusted (ex Link's boomerang changed to gale in brawl).

What I'd like to see is being able to select one from a few of Link, Zelda, and Ganon incarnations. Why not have alt costumes for BOTW, TP, Oot, SS for these guys?

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to lose Brunette TP Zelda :(
Might be a fool's hope, but I would love for there to be multiple costumes for characters. Having BOTW, TP, OOT, etc looks for Zelda would make everyone happy.

That being said, much as I love Twilight Princess (it's in the top 3 of my favorite Zelda games), I really really *really* want her to have her BOTW look, especially since Link is getting his.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'm surprised so many people want Zelda to have the champion's abilities. I always imagined giving things like Revali's gale to Link. The Champions in Breath of the Wild give their respective abilities to Link after he frees their spirits in the divine beast. The spirit thingy they shoot at link goes inside of him, so it would be weird to suddenly see Zelda using the abilities they gave to Link.

My idea for Zelda was to have her holding the sheikah slate and use the runes as her special moves. In the memories of Breath of the Wild, Zelda always has the sheikah slate with her, though she mainly uses the camera function. I see why she cant use the runes that Link uses from the very same sheikah slate.

Magnesis - Reflector - Think Rosalina Down Special or Paluetna Default Side Special. Zelda uses the sheikah slate to pick up the item as it is being sent to her. She is given a small time to choose any direction to send it, like how corrin after pinning with side b chooses and option. The projectile travels back much faster and stronger to make up for this time. I could also picture Zelda using the Magnesis function of the rune as her grab, she picks up an opponent and throws them.

Stasis - Stun - If Zelda is standing directly in front of her opponent, she uses stasis to freeze any foe in their place. It would work similar to the game, where energy is built up and after it is over they are launched. So you could use many small hits and finish with a big hit. The time they are frozen wouldn't be long, not as ridiculous as witch-time. The closest comparison Is Mewtwo's disable.

Bomb - Detonated Projectile - Pretty self explanatory, Zelda uses the rune to put a round bomb in her hands that she holds above her head. You can do an overhead throw for height and range or roll the bomb like a bowling ball from skyward sword. After the explosive is deployed at anytime it can be detonated, the blast is small with decent knockback. You obviously could only have one bomb on screen at once, but if you did not want to detonate it,Zelda or another character for that matter could pick the same one up and throw it again.

Cryonis - Create Platform - Zelda uses the cryonis rune to create an ice block below her feet bringing her upwards. If you've ever play rivals of aether this move is like Kragg's up special. You can only have one on screen, after using it you can double jump off of it to get even more height. So to recover you can double jump, then use cryonis, then use two more jumps to get back. This can be used to limit space on the stage by creating a wall, at the risk of getting knocked up and not having an up special to recover with. Use Cryonis to close the gap between you and the enemy to make them not be able to escape previously put down bombs and limiting the distance between you two so you can stasis them. Use Cryonis to cockblock and gimp recoveries, jump from a high height like a from platform and create a wall to block certain recoveries like pk thunder. But you have to time it right. as the taller the cryonis block is, the less time it lasts. The icewall can get destroyed in a few hits.

Thanks for reading my dumb thoughts :) cant wait for the reveal and sakurai's design is totally different from what anybody expected, should be cool.
I think it's mostly because of how they currently work, the Shiekah Slate has more in common with current Link's moveset; magnesis working as a hook grab and already having the bombs. Meanwhile Zelda's Nayru's is practically already Daruk's, and Urbosa's fits well with her lightning attacks.

Plus Zelda's already using magic that was gifted to Link, and the Champions were equally (if not more) devoted to Zelda, it's just that you play as Link so of course that's who they give their powers to.

That said, I'm just justifying why people think they might go to Zelda, your moveset is actually really cool.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Luminario Luminario What do you think about adding a poll to the OP about whether people are more interested in keeping her current moveset with balance/name changes or would rather a completely new moveset? Or is that too risque?

Or maybe a poll about what everyone's favourite part of her moveset is? Lightning kicks, each of the specials, throw game etc. etc.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I think updating Zelda’s ocarina moveset with a breath of the wild one is a no brainer

Revali’s Gale for her up special
Daruk’s Protection for her neutral special
Urbosa’s fury for her side special
And Mipha’s grace for her down special

Adding a few attacks with her rapier and I think she could be a great overhaul to the character
Was very disappointed skyward sword Zelda never got any representation so I think it’s about time Zelda gets an update

Adding alt costumes or every previous Zelda inducing TP Zelda would make everyone happy

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
So what if BotW Zelda is 100% brand new but then we get Toon Zelda who is the old Zelda moveset but obviously faster and better aerial mobility like Tink, it's the best of both worlds!

Danpal65

Smash Lord
So what if BotW Zelda is 100% brand new but then we get Toon Zelda who is the old Zelda moveset but obviously faster and better aerial mobility like Tink, it's the best of both worlds!
I just don't see that happening. Mostly because Zelda's current moveset would not represent Toon Zelda very well. I have seen a moveset thrown around where Toon Zelda works by basically being a Phantom with a whole bunch of moves going on there, but I think a better alternative for Toon Zelda would be for Tetra to come in with a unique moveset.

Zelda definitely needs a moveset overhaul, but I do not think it will mean her getting a brand new moveset from scratch, so there would be less need for the old (terrible) moveset to be the burden of a new character.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I like this idea because it’s similar to my botw and classic Link idea but for Zelda I can see botw Zelda easily being tweaked to fit zelda’s Moveset
Otherwise I’d be cool with a classic Zelda too

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Honestly I'd be fine with them completely changing her, I say.

- Her jab and tilts can all stay the same although switch out the sparkles for light magic like how it looks in BOTW, I don't think the sparkes would really fit.
- Switch out the forward smash for a laser of light rather than being multi-hitting, close to what she did on ganon in OoT but with a much smaller range.
- Up smash can be like the triforce thing she did against ganon in BOTW
- Down smash would probably look weird without the dress but I honestly don't have any ideas but it should change.
- Use the champion abilities as specials while link has the runes, it just makes sense.
- Revali's gale for up special is self explanatory
- Urobosa's fury as down special, also pretty self explanatory
- Daruk's protection as side special, either a counter or it could just block a hit
- Light arrows as neutral special, it fits her character
- Final smash could be essentially what she did to ganon in BOTW.

I'm gonna miss tp zelda too but colour swaps would be fine, a purple outfit with bruntte hair ala TP, A blonde one with a pink outfit ala OoT. They could also have colour swaps referencing the other characters in botw, urbosa and mipha especially would look dope.

Also, I'm hyped to hear her new voice actress in smash that'd be dope, and some cute botw inspired taunts, maybe with the sheikah slate or the flower or the frog even.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just don't see that happening. Mostly because Zelda's current moveset would not represent Toon Zelda very well. I have seen a moveset thrown around where Toon Zelda works by basically being a Phantom with a whole bunch of moves going on there, but I think a better alternative for Toon Zelda would be for Tetra to come in with a unique moveset.

Zelda definitely needs a moveset overhaul, but I do not think it will mean her getting a brand new moveset from scratch, so there would be less need for the old (terrible) moveset to be the burden of a new character.
It was likely to happen, regardless. We were going to get Toon Sheik over Tetra if they added Toon Zelda back in Brawl. It is not as though the F-Zero move-set fits Ganondorf or that the standard Link move-set ideally represents Toon Link. To that end, it is not as though it heavily represents Zelda properly as is.

I am fairly certain the Toon Zelda ship has sailed, but still, it not fitting is not going to be a reason that Sakurai considers... Clearly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The developers apparently don't know how to make Zelda's moveset feel viable if she's been in the bottom 5 for every Smash Bros. installment made so far. For starters, reduce the start-up lag and ending lag for certain attacks, especially Farore's Wind, where its aerial ending lag is heavily crippling to her air mobility.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I really like Zelda’s moveset. I feel like it’d be easy enough to fix some of her glaring flaws (laggy startups, going helpless from an aerial Din’s Fire) to fix things.

I also much prefer her dress to the adventuring outfit. I actually think it’d be cool if Zelda wore the gown, but her ‘Sheik’ version wore the adventuring outfit as a primary.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I really hope they don't redesign Zelda. I was shocked when I found out that they redesigned Link to something that doesn't include his hat. I'm actually hoping Breath of the Wild Link is an alternate costume and that he can still have the Twilight Princess look. Blue clothes and no hat just doesn't look like Link to me. Also, I hope Zelda could keep her moveset from Smash 4 with a few improvements that gets her higher tiers and doesn't turn into Sheik. Also, nerf Sheik.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I posted this in the Revamp A Veteran thread, but I thought it'd work to post here too:

I'd like to have her Final Smash be that giant spirit bomb that she uses.

Also, let's update that Phantom Slash. It was stated that the Phantom Slash is using Dark power. Zelda never uses dark magic. That defeats the whole purpose. Also, to make it better we're going to change it from the Phantom Slash to the Guardian Strike.

No, no, not those Guardians. These Guardians:

As we know, these Earth Guardians are much LARGER than Phantoms. We also know these are holy constructs of the Goddess Hylia, so it makes more sense for Zelda to be attacking with them.

Due to the Earth Guardian's size being superior to the Phantom's size, it has a much larger hitbox, deals more damage and knockback, and they take more damage before "crumbling." They also wall off the enemy from Zelda better. I'd have Zelda put her hand forward and the Silent Realm rune projects out like a magic circle in front of her:

And the Guardian will appear out from it. This will prevent other characters whom are too close to Zelda to bypass the Guardian when it appears. They'll all be pushed away from her.

Just an idea, and I hope to see what you guys think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom