• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Chron

Smash Journeyman
I still think Kaede would be awesome in Smash.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Has anyone been playing Life is Strange 2? I remember some of you talking about the first game in the Smash 4 Zelda social, but I don't recall the sequel ever being brought up here or there.

As for FEH, I summoned a ginger stud! No, not Python's ginger stud, but Celica's ginger stud of a bodyguard. :p
4* Barst: +Def, -Spd.

3* Jakob: +Res, -Def.

5* Julia: +Res, -Def.

3* Setsuna: +Atk, -Res.

3* Sully: +Atk, -HP.

4* Caeda: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Peri: neutral.

3* Priscilla: +HP, -Res.

3* Raigh: +Spd, -HP.

5* Saber: +Res, -HP. The +Res is making giving him Warding Breath tempting, but with unique refined Golden Dagger and default Aegis, Shield Pulse, Fierce Breath or eventually, Darting Breath might be better since Fierce Breath gives him higher raw damage output to make up for not having an offensive special while Darting Breath would let him double more people or avoid doubles. Steady Breath would work well too since his defense is pretty good. Warding Breath would give him higher raw magical defenses, but you can also just use Aegis to reduce the bulk of the damage he receives from magic damage sources.

Also, freebie +Atk, -Spd, 3* Gordin from the Tempest Trials banner.

Kind of tempted to try for more Saber copies, but I'd be playing a losing game. It's not going to happen now, but Saber eventually being demoted to 4* summonable would be amazing.

Edit: Eh, screw it.
3* Florina: +HP, -Def.

4* L'Arachel: +HP, -Atk.

4* Olivia: +Spd, -Def.

3* Raigh: +Atk, -Res.

4* Raven: +Spd, -Def.

3* Henry: +Spd, -Def.

3* Jeorge #1: +HP, -Def.

4* M!Robin: +Atk, -HP.

4* Subaki #1: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Subaki #2: +Atk, -Res.

3* Boey: +Atk, -HP.

4* Jeorge #2: +Atk, -Res.

4* Mae: +Def, -Res.

3* Niles: +Def, -Spd.

4* Seliph: +Spd, -Res.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Man, I feel so out of it with regards to games right now. The 2 games I wish more than anything I was playing right now are Insomniac's Spider-Man and Spyro: Reignited but aside from being too broke to buy games I'm way too broke to buy a console...

On the other hand it gives me time to catch up on my Switch collection, but my Odyssey cartridge broke somehow and I just haven't managed to crack into XC2 yet to get what I wanted from it.

I guess it's for the best, makes me keep my money ready for Smash.

Boy howdy though, the legal stage lists that are coming out are exciting (even if everything seems to be 100% Hazards off since TO's don't want to let people move backwards to the rules and **** up the tournament halfway through).

There's now pretty much 4 default stage formats now instead of just 2 (FDs, Battlefields, Stadiums and Smashville/Yoshi's Island), and so many possible counterpicks. Still a bit disappointed that Norfair will still be banned cos it;s my favourite but I do understand since the circlecamping can be pretty bad, but maybe the pace of this game will sort that out and it can be labbed?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
mfw my friend says "Zelda's SmashU buffs means she's top tier now!!!"
INTENSE
OFFENSE
GOOOORL

She will always be low tier.

I asked for violent G-rated bara and this is a picture a friend gave me and I am pretty sure this is a G-rated bara boi Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! has been hiding from me since lowkey G-rated bara Kaito is from the same line of games???
Nekomaru.png

he does look very violent or intense tho
and is still very g-rated so that's ok
and his name apparently translates to "2 round cats"???
so he must be a good but scary boi

And in terms of FEH stuff, I got a free +spd/-hp Flynoka from the TT banner because sure, why not. Give me multiples of Heroes I already have. I don't need either of the gray-haired husbandos or anything. I am too blessT to be sTressT tho so I'll just sit here and silently scream. :^)))

As for the Azura Cosplay banner, a 5* M!Morgan broke my streak. It sucks, but he is a good boi and saves me 20k feather merge-fodder wise. Looks like M!Corrin is never coming home. One less precious boi on my team. Sure. That's also fine. Yeeeeeeep. :^))))))))))

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Free summon on the newest banner was another Mae, so that means that I can +10 ha now! Only question I have; the new one is +Spd -HP and I'm thinking about swapping over to that one (current is +Spd -Def). Def is a superbane and at neutral with +10 she hits 20 which is nice enough. With her Bouquet active and Boey standing next to ha it goes up to 27 which is pretty nice. Lowering HP also makes it easier to pop Desperation. Buuuuuut idk, Def is her dump stat. And I feel like HP is starting to get into relevance again (only slightly) so maybe it's better to not just take everything at -HP anymore. Also the current one has max SP and I like having that to match the max HM and I don't want to reset that since I doubt that I'd reach max SP on her again.
Also have a cursed image

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going potential Monado Mains? :ultshulk::ultzelda:

So someone got mad at me on BBTAG last night despite the fact they won. :secretkpop:

They got mad because of my profile tag, it was hilarious. I remember their name in the game; and I don't think they're on here or on the BBTAG Discord. If they were, I would've just hammered it to them.

Anyway, just getting some more work done. And I wonder if I should uninstall Maplestory 2, since I feel like I'm not going to be playing it tbh. I got it sitting in my Steam Library, just collecting dust and updating. Hmm...

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Here's an unfriendly public notice - chibi bara exists and it probably shouldn't???

now how do i make my characters look like this in maplestory 2?

Only in spoilers because my video feed is filled with so many Zelda-trash-comparison videos that are probably only 1% relevant so there will be so many until I somehow post the all somewhere omg help me pls.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh joy, Ultimate Fire Wolf actually has similar travel distance to Fire Bird and wasn't reduced that badly where it's like Little Mac's Rising Uppercut, but horizontally. It also has a momentum push at the end of its travel and launches at around frame 19 according to their frame data observation thread. Fire Bird is still frame 44 on launch. This move sucks massive donkey balls and I have no idea why. Three characters! Falco has a move where it's outright inferior to similar moves of three other characters! It's not even bad in a sense of it's different, but badly executed, the only recovery move (options) like with Smash 4 Little Mac or Chrom, or just weird like Luigi's Super Jump Punch has awful sour-spot for a powerful sweet-spot, but otherwise functions well as a purely vertical recovery move compared to Mario's SJP having more horizontal travel and being a good combo finisher or Dr. Mario's having a reliable single hit. Post-Brawl Fire Bird is just plain ass.

Fire Fox has faster travel speed, farther travel distance, and its launch hit is a single hit that can kill. Its cons? Oh, wait, it doesn't have any compared to Fire Bird.

Fire Wolf launches a little over twice as fast, has similar travel distance and travel speed, has a momentum push after its travel, and its final hit has been noted as being fairly strong, it but doesn't have a charging hit. Whoop dee ****ing doo on not having a charging hit.

Riddles the Space Dragon's Up Special has less angles and no charging hit, but it has Fire Fox's travel distance and momentum drift after it and it hits hard like 64 Fire Fox and Melee Fire Bird.

Ultimate Fire Bird is probably going to keep its air speed lock from Smash 4 and I think Brawl, isn't it? **** this move. I'd rather have a mini-third jump move that puts Falco into freefall and enlarges his hurtbox to the size of Bowser's, but has a startup of 15 frames as a vertical recovery move at this point. Or not even have vertical recovery move or an Up Special. Screw it, Falco only has three specials like a 64 character. Now people can say they mained Falco since SSB64. Why. Just why.

Edit: We're getting a Devil May Cry animated series by the people behind the Netflix Castlevania animated series: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/1...reator-reveals-devil-may-cry-animated-series/.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Well, I finished Book 1 Of Legend Of Korra. Surprisingly short, with 12 episodes in comparison to The Last Airbender’s 20 for Book 1, but I suppose the 4th season accounts for that.
Okay, wow. Korra Book 1 was pretty impressive. I enjoyed it overall, so I’ll state what I dislike first

The new characters are all weaker than the predecessor. The Gaang feel leagues ahead of Team Korra, although perhaps I need to give them more time. Mako is sorta boring. I really can’t say a lot about his character because not a lot can be said. Bowling is a poor man’s Sokka. Way less funny and way less useful. Again, perhaps the show will have another Sokka’s Master episode where his abilities Andy usefulness are highlighted. Asami is actually pretty okay. She gets a decent amount of character development for being the last introduced main character.
The worst character is no contest however. Meelo. What a perfect example of a worthless garbage character that has no reason to be there. He’s hideous, and his main trait is..... farting. He farts using airbending. Meelo makes me wonder if LoK was really created by the creators of TLA.

And now for the good stuff. There is a lot of things I like about this show. I love the polar bear dog combination that is Naga. I like Tenzin as a serious mentor with a soft spot for pro bending. I like Amon as a villain. He’s way better than Zhao or Zuko in TLA Book 1. I love the plot twist of Tarlock and Amon being related to each other. I love Tarlock’s fall and redemption. Actually, my favorite thing in the whole season is the ending of the two villains. Two brothers, escaping to live a new life. But Tarlock knows the kind of person Amon is, and kills him and himself in the middle of the ocean. It was so sudden too. I love General Iroh having the same voice as Zuko in the original series. On that topic, I love the flashbacks of the characters of TLA all grown up. Just the right amount of fanservice. I also like the revelation in the end that bending can be brought back in the same way it was taken: Energybending. Also Aang has the quote of the season
‘When we hit our lowest point, that is where we are open to our greatest change’
In relation to the Avatar, Korra is pretty good. She’s far more relatable as a character than Aang was. She has great development through the season from being cocky, to afraid, to paranoid, to self-assured.

Legend of Korra Book 1 is slightly better than Book 1 of The Last Airbender. I will happily debate that.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Well, I finished Book 1 Of Legend Of Korra. Surprisingly short, with 12 episodes in comparison to The Last Airbender’s 20 for Book 1, but I suppose the 4th season accounts for that.
Okay, wow. Korra Book 1 was pretty impressive. I enjoyed it overall, so I’ll state what I dislike first

The new characters are all weaker than the predecessor. The Gaang feel leagues ahead of Team Korra, although perhaps I need to give them more time. Mako is sorta boring. I really can’t say a lot about his character because not a lot can be said. Bowling is a poor man’s Sokka. Way less funny and way less useful. Again, perhaps the show will have another Sokka’s Master episode where his abilities Andy usefulness are highlighted. Asami is actually pretty okay. She gets a decent amount of character development for being the last introduced main character.
The worst character is no contest however. Meelo. What a perfect example of a worthless garbage character that has no reason to be there. He’s hideous, and his main trait is..... farting. He farts using airbending. Meelo makes me wonder if LoK was really created by the creators of TLA.

And now for the good stuff. There is a lot of things I like about this show. I love the polar bear dog combination that is Naga. I like Tenzin as a serious mentor with a soft spot for pro bending. I like Amon as a villain. He’s way better than Zhao or Zuko in TLA Book 1. I love the plot twist of Tarlock and Amon being related to each other. I love Tarlock’s fall and redemption. Actually, my favorite thing in the whole season is the ending of the two villains. Two brothers, escaping to live a new life. But Tarlock knows the kind of person Amon is, and kills him and himself in the middle of the ocean. It was so sudden too. I love General Iroh having the same voice as Zuko in the original series. On that topic, I love the flashbacks of the characters of TLA all grown up. Just the right amount of fanservice. I also like the revelation in the end that bending can be brought back in the same way it was taken: Energybending. Also Aang has the quote of the season
‘When we hit our lowest point, that is where we are open to our greatest change’
In relation to the Avatar, Korra is pretty good. She’s far more relatable as a character than Aang was. She has great development through the season from being cocky, to afraid, to paranoid, to self-assured.

Legend of Korra Book 1 is slightly better than Book 1 of The Last Airbender. I will happily debate that.
Might have to watch Korra. I started it years ago, but never finished it.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Forgot to tell u gorls but I was hospitalized for five days for rhabdomyolosis. I'm out now so don't worry. No serious damage to my kidneys or other organs I just need to stay hydrated.

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going fans of pudding? :ultzelda:

Now what does she have to do with pudding? Simple.

She LOVES pudding.

Anyway, chilling right now and watched some JoJo and Ace Attorney yesterday; so it wasn't too bad I guess?

And since I posted an image of Blazblue. Time to talk about the Top 8 Results of BBTAG! :yeahboi:

1st. Flux (Mitsuru/Nu-13)
2nd. Fame96 (Yu/Jin)
3rd. TectalEastSide (Vatista/Es, Es/Ruby)
4th. T-Ryuga (Ragna/Gordeau)
5th. ScrawtVermillion (Mai/Weiss)
5th. Joel (Yu/Ruby)
7th. Cookie (Yu/Es, Yu/Carmine)
7th. SuperKawaiiDesu (Blake/Hyde)

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I was going through my screenshots and was reminded of a 10/10 quest that I meant to share with you gorls from MS2. Long story short, I come in, saved a town next to Perion, the general (Evagor) gets mad about it because he's a glory hog (for semi-justified reasons). His boy Screaming Fist tries to describe Evagor as nicely as possible, but SF is such a truthful good boi and winds up being honest anyway.
(Screaming Fist for S+ Tier Chibi Bara Husbando yey)

Towards the end of the quest chain, this is how my character apologizes. By putting Evagor's favorite smelly-smells in his belongings.

H E 'S
L U C K Y
T O
K N O W
M E

She LOVES pudding.
YOU WENT FROM POSTING G RATED YURI
TO POSTING RRR RATED PUDDING GORE WOW
WOW
WOW
OMG

GORL

WOW

OMG

REPORTED

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet

She LOVES pudding.

Anyway, chilling right now and watched some JoJo and Ace Attorney yesterday; so it wasn't too bad I guess?

And since I posted an image of Blazblue. Time to talk about the Top 8 Results of BBTAG! :yeahboi:

1st. Flux (Mitsuru/Nu-13)
2nd. Fame96 (Yu/Jin)
3rd. TectalEastSide (Vatista/Es, Es/Ruby)
4th. T-Ryuga (Ragna/Gordeau)
5th. ScrawtVermillion (Mai/Weiss)
5th. Joel (Yu/Ruby)
7th. Cookie (Yu/Es, Yu/Carmine)
7th. SuperKawaiiDesu (Blake/Hyde)

H O W D A R E Y O U P O S T PUDDING.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

A bit of a late reply, but regardless. Hopefully I don't implicitly spoil anything.

Regarding characters, they do need time, especially since you went from seeing the Gaang from Books One to Four whereas with Korra and friends, only Book One. That said, you can say Korra and friends had a poorer impression compared to the Gaang. Going through the characters you mentioned, Mako as far as I remember, feels like a set, established character. I don't know how you would understand this if you never played the game, but he's kind of like Auron compared to all the other party members of Final Fantasy X. Mako has his ups and downs, moments where you get to know more about him, and you do get to see him change, but I don't remember it being as much of a development or as interesting as the other characters. Part of it makes sense since he, unlike the others, especially his brother, had to grow up quickly and grew up before the story began. Still, as I said, he does have areas to grow where one of them should be easily noticed in Book One. At the very least, Mako does have a cool design and with his brother, serves as a look into family of different benders. Not thrilled with what happens to his hair later on.

This leads perfectly into Bolin. He starts off as your comic relief guy like Sokka, but without Sokka's tactics, Sokka's moments of being grounded as the older brother to Katara to balance out his silliness, or whatever else that made Sokka really interesting from the get-go. I guess the most standout thing I can remember in Book One is that Bolin's fighting style is pretty unique at least compared to traditional Earthbenders who are generally more rooted putting him closer to Toph. This comparison grows with something that happens later on. That said, most Pro-benders are light on their feet due to the nature of the game, so it's mainly from Korra's perspective that he's not like the Earthbenders she trained with. Book Two onward is when Bolin starts to shine, especially Book Three and Four from what I remember. Bolin has a lot of growing up to do which the series takes advantage of at the cost of probably people not being so thrilled with what Bolin was like at the start in Book One. It does make sense since he was sheltered by Mako and while Mako did his best at being a parent to Bolin, he wasn't a parent, but a brother trying to take the place of their parents and one who was barely older than his younger brother. That leaves Bolin naive, idealistic, and at times careless and idiotic with what he does because Mako tried to hide the harsh truths from him and never let him deal with his problems properly. The best thing is because Bolin has to grow up either in realization or as a response to what is happening to him or what he saw happen to others, Bolin succeeds in doing, or rather creating and maintaining something Mako ends up screwing up.

Asami definitely has a strong start. I kind of want to say she's like Zuko in the sense that she's usually elsewhere. The obvious difference is that she begins as and is always an ally to Korra and the others whereas Zuko starts off as an antagonist before becoming an ally.

I don't remember much about Meelo other than him being Meelo, so I'm just going to leave it at that.

You didn't mention her and she isn't part of team Korra, but Lin Beifong is a pretty awesome character. You'll get to learn more about her in a later book.

The villains are a strong suit of The Legend of Korra compared to Avatar: The Last Airbender. Most of them are closer to Sozin and Zuko where they want to do something, but it comes off as misguided. Book Two's antagonist I don't really remember much, but it does set up an issue for the rest of the series while Book Four's is a bit weird since for me, it felt like it came out nowhere whereas with the others, they were explained beforehand or felt better justified. You get why the antagonist did what they did, but still, it felt like strange.

And yes, Aang's quote at the end of Book One is amazing. Well, I hope you enjoy the rest of the series.

So, I discovered the music of City Girl. It was on the recommendations bar on YouTube, I got curious because of the really pretty, soft art which reminded me of Red from Transistor, and took a listen to their Neon Impasse album. The album has a story behind it where it's like you walking around the city at night. After that, I went back and listened to another album, Time Falls Like Moonlight. I don't know, it's just really, really good. Also, pretty chill and relaxing.

For you lazy folk who don't want to search on YouTube:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Innovators? :ultzelda:

YOU WENT FROM POSTING G RATED YURI
TO POSTING RRR RATED PUDDING GORE WOW
WOW
WOW
OMG

GORL

WOW

OMG

REPORTED
H O W D A R E Y O U P O S T PUDDING.

She wants her pudding. Don't stop her from getting her pudding dammit!

Edit: Dammit Smashboards! Fix these Missing-Images again! :V

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If you ignore a notification, it doesn't give you any more for that thread until you actually check it again

Before I checked yesterday, I hadn't gotten a notification from here since like last week tho

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
If you ignore a notification, it doesn't give you any more for that thread until you actually check it again

Before I checked yesterday, I hadn't gotten a notification from here since like last week tho
Ye, the notifications are garbo like that. :^(

Also McKnightlíght McKnightlíght not sure if I said this already, but your avatar game is divine and fabulous.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Thanks I spent like 11 minutes on it.

I need to watch some more Sailor Moon, I haven't done so in about a week.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Sonic Robo Blast 2 fans? :ultsonic:

Got my results back from University for my previous assessment. I scored 60/100.

I am very content with that result. It's in the middle and above average, so I'm very happy with that. :yeahboi:

Also, I might be going back to playing Yu in BBTAG. Funny that I still remember what his combos are like with Gordeau, and it has been a while since I last used him.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Recently in MS2, my character was thrilled to be sitting on a bull that's standing on a glass floor. The bull's also thrilled to be standing on a glass floor. The little pumpkin was very thrilled as well. Everyone was thoroughly T H R I L L E D to be near and/or on a glass floor. Thnx for the unique experience, MS2.

Bonus: I got exp for standing on the glass floor for 2 minutes. #TheLazyAreBlessT

Korra Book 2 has a lighter tone and I think it’s for the best. What even is this.
View attachment 178786
Varrick is a precious but bad boi. 10/10 best husbando and voice yeee

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Korra Book 2 has a lighter tone and I think it’s for the best. What even is this.

-snip-
Oh, wait until you get into the other books. You will cry in all the lightheartedness that happens. :p

So, apparently Kingdom Hearts III is slated to be released on January 19, 2019. I thought it was going to be released later than that. Much later.

As for FEH, Azura happened.
3* Athena: +Def, -Res.

4* Cherche: +Atk, -HP.

3* Jakob: +Atk, -HP.

3* Saizo: +Res, -Def.

3* Wrys: +Res, -Atk.

5* Azura: +Atk, -HP.

4* Gwendolyn: +Def, -Spd.

4* M!Morgan: neutral.

4* Raigh: neutral. I want a refund.

4* Seliph: +Res, -Spd.

Also, freebie +Def, -Atk, 4* Mathilda from some banner I don't remember.

Edit:
4* Camilla: +Spd, -Res.

4* Hawkeye: neutral.

4* Nino: +Atk, -Res.

4* Seth: +Res, -Atk.

4* Shigure: +Def, -Res.

3* Gunter: +Atk, -HP.

4* Lukas: +HP, -Def.

4* Niles: +Def, -HP.

4* Silvia: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Soren: +Res, -Def.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going SBPhiloz4 x Feet fans? :secretkpop:

Looking through some Pokemon Showdown replays of one very angry individual who was complaining to his opponents (Well, complained to some of his opponents).

Since we had shenanigans with pudding? What about shenanigans with crepes?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
How's it going SBPhiloz4 x Feet fans? :secretkpop:

Looking through some Pokemon Showdown replays of one very angry individual who was complaining to his opponents (Well, complained to some of his opponents).

Since we had shenanigans with pudding? What about shenanigans with crepes?
Fire away. Crepes are usually creepes, so nobody cares what happens to them. :^)))

also no @ feet x anything. Fire Emblem Awakening had the right idea. Down with feet. Remove all feet. Replace feet/ankles with longer and stronger calves.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Warframe fans? :ultzelda:

So I've heard that the Switch port of Warframe is really damn good. I'm amazed they managed to get such a big MMO onto a Nintendo console. Though as much as I'd love to get it... I don't think I'll have enough space.

Only got a 64GB MicroSD Card, if I could get a 128GB or 256GB, then I'd be all for it.

Fire away. Crepes are usually creepes, so nobody cares what happens to them. :^)))

Lil Puddin said:
also no @ feet x anything. Fire Emblem Awakening had the right idea. Down with feet. Remove all feet. Replace feet/ankles with longer and stronger calves.
Maybe that's why SBPhiloz4 didn't like Awakening. :secretkpop:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
This happened with Smash 4 too... people getting their hopes up because Zelda got buffed. Her kit is just poorly designed and needs to be completely redone... I just can't see her being that great in ultimate.

Melee: 5th worst out of 26
Brawl: 2nd worst out of 37
Smash 4: 2nd worst out of 55?

It was so bad that the Zelda meta hadn't developed past the first year of Smash 4. Any Zelda "tech" were pre-existing things from Brawl or discovered in the 3ds days. The best Zelda players in Smash 4 stopped solo maining her or quit altogether. The good thing is that her visual appearance changes will attract some players... but how many of those will play Zelda seriously?

Where's Fujin when you need him...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This happened with Smash 4 too... people getting their hopes up because Zelda got buffed. Her kit is just poorly designed and needs to be completely redone... I just can't see her being that great in ultimate.

Melee: 5th worst out of 26
Brawl: 2nd worst out of 37
Smash 4: 2nd worst out of 55?

It was so bad that the Zelda meta hadn't developed past the first year of Smash 4. Any Zelda "tech" were pre-existing things from Brawl or discovered in the 3ds days. The best Zelda players in Smash 4 stopped solo maining her or quit altogether. The good thing is that her visual appearance changes will attract some players... but how many of those will play Zelda seriously?

Where's Fujin when you need him...
I would believe you if we didn't already see Zelda performing feats she could only dream of in previous games.

I look at Ultimate Link, how his new bomb will fix his issue of just being worse at his intended gameplan of converting projectile hits into sword attacks than his counterparts, by shifting it to restricting his opponent's options in neutral and making it easier to land his power sword hits, and see much of the same with Zelda and her Phantom forcing people to go onto potentially unsafe offensives if they don't want her to set up on them, dealing with the main winning strategy against her being just not committing to anything and forcing her to approach on their terms.

Basically, their kits may always be designed to be at a disadvantage in head-to-head combat, but they now have tools that help them avoid that as much as possible.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm not so sure if Phantom forces unsafe offensives. Wouldn't it motivate the opponent to not go in and step back until Phantom is gone ? Honestly sounds like Zelda may be a one trick pony (with said trick not being busted). And let's just hope Zelda doesn't have to fight people with reflectors. "Hope opponent approaches, spam smash attacks" am I right? Farore's Wind has been proven to be as inconsistent as in Smash 4. Zelda has a nice recovery, but didn't we say that about Smash 4 Zelda?

For the first Smash game ever, I've been compelled to not main Zelda. I seriously hope I'm proven wrong though.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm not so sure if Phantom forces unsafe offensives. Wouldn't it motivate the opponent to not go in and step back until Phantom is gone ? Honestly sounds like Zelda may be a one trick pony (with said trick not being busted). And let's just hope Zelda doesn't have to fight people with reflectors. "Hope opponent approaches, spam smash attacks" am I right? Farore's Wind has been proven to be as inconsistent as in Smash 4. Zelda has a nice recovery, but didn't we say that about Smash 4 Zelda?

For the first Smash game ever, I've been compelled to not main Zelda. I seriously hope I'm proven wrong though.
You didn't read the part about what happens if they don't try to stop it, did you? It allows her to make a move without much risk of being punished.

Reflectors aren't a big deal. Zelda has all the time in the world to answer them when Phantom is delayed. She can:

-Reflect it right back, especially if the opponent's can't be held, causing big damage, or
-Move in and attack. She either lands the hit herself, the opponent dodges and attempts to punish but Phantom interrupts, or they just get out of the way entirely and give Zelda positional advantage. And it's not like a simple hop will do to dodge it, it has a big vertical hitbox.

And for those who try to shield it instead, then they risk having it broken by a combined Din's or Farore teleport. Or just grab them if she's close enough, which can kill too.

Zelda is faster, and not just due to system changes. She can move well enough to apply the pressure I'm talking about with Phantom.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You didn't read the part about what happens if they don't try to stop it, did you? It allows her to make a move without much risk of being punished.

Reflectors aren't a big deal. Zelda has all the time in the world to answer them when Phantom is delayed. She can:

-Reflect it right back, especially if the opponent's can't be held, causing big damage, or
-Move in and attack. She either lands the hit herself, the opponent dodges and attempts to punish but Phantom interrupts, or they just get out of the way entirely and give Zelda positional advantage. And it's not like a simple hop will do to dodge it, it has a big vertical hitbox.

And for those who try to shield it instead, then they risk having it broken by a combined Din's or Farore teleport. Or just grab them if she's close enough, which can kill too.

Zelda is faster, and not just due to system changes. She can move well enough to apply the pressure I'm talking about with Phantom.
Okay I just watched some Zelda videos. Platforms appear to invalidate phantom slash. You just need to be at a different elevation to avoid phantom slash and then Zelda will have to approach which everybody knows she can't do. You can literally just jump while on a platform or spotdodge. You could also just double jump... not sure if Zelda will be able to catch the opponent. I don't think I watched a single Zelda video where phantom slash applied any shield pressure at all because people just maneuvered around it... I guess we can just hope FD doesn't get banned.

Also, you need to be far enough away to fully charge phantom slash. The move doesn't seem to be that great without a full charge.
I would not approach your opponents with Farore's Wind. That is day 1 Smash 4 jank and pretty reactable. Din's doesn't seem to have the favourable hitboxes from Brawl and can probably be cancelled by any aerial.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It was so bad that the Zelda meta hadn't developed past the first year of Smash 4. Any Zelda "tech" were pre-existing things from Brawl or discovered in the 3ds days.
To be fair, it's not uncommon for characters to not change that much with their metagame given how character designs are established and how game development works; it would take far more resources and effort to redesign a character than to just "reuse" everything and try to improve it if possible. The biggest example I can think of is Guile where he plays essentially the same in ever game he appears in. Sit back, charge Sonic Booms and Flash Kicks to zone and punish aerial approaches, and use his variety of command normals to assist in zoning and keeping space. That's also in addition to his usual combos and game dependent combos and mechanics or whatever he's able to or not able to do in the game you're currently playing him in. So, it's not necessarily a bad thing for a character to play the same or similarly in different games, but it's also not a good thing as you and pretty much everyone noted and knows that if a character has a bad or limiting design, they aren't going do particularly well without extreme things happening.

On another subject, Overwatch is doing another free weekend and I decided to try it out. I don't think I'll be picking it up any time soon even if it is fun. It's been a while since I was fairly interested in multiplayer games, especially first person shooters. The last one I was very interested was Battlefield: Bad Company 2 because destructible environments is rad. I did play Battlefield 3 for a fair amount of time, but it didn't have the charm of BC2. Regardless, the first matches were interesting to say the least. By interesting, I mean that nobody wanted to play any of the healers, so I had to and that was annoying since I wanted to try out different heroes. Everyone wanted to play Ashe or the other damage heroes and some played the tanks. I guess I'll be the obligatory healer then.

So, I'm liking Ana and Moira out of the healers I've played with Ana arguably being my most favorite. Ana makes me feel like I'm playing Metal Gear Online 2 again and Metal Gear Solid in general, but if they were first person games. Make sense since she has tranquilizer pistol and a support, but also offensive bolt-action sniper rifle that makes me feel like I'm using the Mosin Nagant in the Metal Gear games. Ana having an eyepatch and on her right eye no less helps too. She's like a snarkier, female Big Boss and also kind of like the Boss in a sense of her being a legendary soldier who was at one point in her life forced to at choose between killing someone close to her. They both hesitated, but the Boss was dealing with someone who agreed to die while Ana dealt with someone who was brainwashed and didn't care who was at the other end of her scope. That said, their is a key difference in that the Boss literally saw the world while in space and hoped for an idealistic future and peace even if she communicated it horribly to everyone around her while Ana saw the world for it what it was and realized that while she and others couldn't change everything, she couldn't stop and let people suffer if she could have helped them. Anyway, gameplay-wise, she's fairly straightforward with what she does and the only problem is hitting things. Part of it is not being as used to mouse and keyboard for first person shooters and against live opponents while the other part is that unlike the other healers, her healing is stricter since she's shooting at them rather than spraying stuff, using a skill that locks onto them, or is a wide area of affect. Does not help when people request to be healed, but they jump around all the damn place or get too close to me and then move out of my field of view. I'm pretty sure I had someone jump around in circles around me and right on me. Do you want to be healed? If not, then go somewhere else.

Moira feels devious. She reminds me of a vampire with how her primary attack works and she can be surprisingly tanking when she damages and restores her own health. Her primary attack's range doesn't seem to be that great, though, but Biotic Orb can be pretty stupid for a multitude of reasons. For the good parts, it has a lot of range and helps with deterring enemies from getting close or too comfortable in an area. For the bad parts, if you send it in the wrong way, it can ricochet and do nothing. Also, her Coalescence animation being a freaking Kamehameha is totally awesome.

The other healers I tried were Mercy and Brigitte. I'm not feeling Mercy's gameplay. It feels too passive for me even though she can do decent damage with her pistol, but that requires you to switch from healing or buffing. Still fun to get pot shots on people and taking them out is even better. I didn't play Brigitte enough, so I'm just going to leave it at I still don't like melee combat in any first person game. At least it's not as bad as Morrowind or Skyrim. Morrowind was awful since it wasn't actual melee combat or ranged combat for that matter, but like a D&D style of roll the dice, you might hit and do damage or you might do nothing, especially if your skill it too low of a level. It was an amazing game for its time, but I don't think I could get into it now with all the other RPGs out there with good, real-time combat.

Also, the best part about being a healer is when people let you die. I've had times where the enemy was in front of an ally and they were shooting someone else. I'm pretty sure they would be in their sight if they walked in front of them. Sure, I guess I'll just die then. It's not like I wasn't healing people and trying to keep you all alive or anything. Brigitte and Moira can handle themselves, but with Ana and Mercy, I'm kind of screwed if I can't do enough damage and at that close of a range.

For the damage heroes, Ashe is really, really fun. Part of it is bias since I like weapons where you have to manually cycle them like revolvers, bolt-action, lever-action, pump-action rifles and shotguns if applicable for some reason, but there's something about her that just clicks with me. Unfortunately, since she's the new shiny thing, everyone else plays her, so I don't get that much of a chance to play as her. Similarly, McCree sort of has that feel, but not as much as with Ashe.

Soldier: 76 is okay I guess. He works and that's pretty much it. Sombra is a fun character after I figured out what I was supposed to do with her. Hit and run or more like hit and teleport with her Translocator and hacking to lock enemy abilities is really helpful, especially against characters like Reinhardt to disable his shield. I'm just not sure when and where to use her EMP.

The first time I played as Widowmaker, I did nothing, but die. I was never good at playing snipers in first person shooters except as a counter sniper where I'd snipe other snipers or people hanging back at mid- to long-range. Actual sniping never went well, especially at very, very long-ranges. Widowmaker's charge mechanic adds to that difficulty since I can't just quickly aim with the scope, get a headshot or kill shot to the body if they were already injured, and leave.

Same thing with Junkrat. I don't know what I was even supposed to do with him.

The only tank I played was D.Va and that was only when nobody played as a tank. She works, I guess? I don't really know how to tank in a game like this. I might try Orisa. Also, Hammond looks stupid and I hate dealing with him rolling around everywhere, literally coming in like a wrecking ball, and laying mines all over the damn place.

Also, screw the well on and cliffsides on Ilios. This Lucio did nothing, but ran around using his Shockwave to push people into falling to their deaths.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Just wanted to mention that every Zelda will need to alternate between partly charged and delayed phantoms to utilize the move to its fullest. The early release overhead slash is looking particularly promising, as it hits platforms and short hops. Her early release phantoms also put out a hitbox almost instantly, unlike Smash 4's somewhat slow and clunky version.

The fact that she can decide whether to put out a hitbox/wall or continue charging is very good. In a way, it makes approaching her kind of like approaching Samus or Mewtwo (while they're charging something). Now, she can't cancel it with jumps and such like the others, but she has a higher reaching hitbox in exchange, plus walling and trample properties

But yeah imo Phantom shouldn't be slept on at all and I think it will be one of her most important moves to master. Unfortunately most footage of Zelda doesn't effectively showcase the move though...but to be fair it is a relatively new type of move in Smash on a character that's underplayed so
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'll leave this here to back up Alacion Alacion . :secretkpop:

Consider it kind of a repost from over 30 pages back.

Very early on in Melee's life, Zelda was actually seen as a High Tier; sitting at 7th on the official Tier List. But that was back in 2001.

Now... she's really struggling, being in the Bottom 5 of the Tier List, but before we get to all of the problems she has; what good stuff does she have?

Well, for starters; Zelda has the fastest Down Smash in the game, with the hitbox coming out at Frame 4, the fastest out of all of the characters, she has some of the strongest Aerials in the shape of Forward and Back Air; she has a long reaching Up B and is also one of the only characters to be able to completely change into another character.

Now for the bad... Zelda's a glass cannon, but more glass then cannon; with a fast paced metagame, Zelda really struggles to get in and keep opponents out; characters like Fox, Falco and Captain Falcon just eat her up for breakfast, her Side B is absolutely pitiful to use; not sending the opponent as far even with a sweetspot and it can leave her going into freefall. Many of her hitboxes are poor and do not fit with the accurate size of some of her attacks, and with Smash DI, it makes all of her moves really bad and easy to escape, not only that, her Neutral was incredibly poor, same with her movement too.

The only reason to use Zelda is involving Sheik; both characters can freely transform into the other with Down B, and Zelda's Up B has more reach then Sheik's. Meaning Zelda is only used for one thing and that's it.

There is only one player that is dedicated to Zelda, being The Lake. He is currently the only Zelda main out of everyone in competitive who not only has results, but also helps keep Zelda on the map in his home county.

That said, Zelda struggles incredibly hard and has found herself 21st on the Tier List, sitting alongside Mewtwo and Ness. Yikes.
Zelda recieved a nice, healthy amount of buffs, and just like before; she was seen as a solid character early in the games life; sitting at Mid Tier at 20th, but again; Zelda started to dwindle in usage and recognition.

But let's go through the buffs, first off; Zelda's Forward Smash is much more difficult to Smash DI out of, she runs faster, some of her moves got better damage output, and she even has the 3rd longest grab in the game.

Now for the bad. Zelda had several hitboxes shrunk to compensate for their power, meaning you have to be accurate and you have to dedicate to an option, no way around it. Again, Sheik is better and sits around Mid Tier compared to where Zelda is. And her Neutral and movement are still bad compared to Melee, infact maybe even worse.

Zelda's hardest matchups include Meta Knight and Olimar and Ice Climbers; whereas her best matchup is ironically against Ganondorf, the worst character in the game.

The only known player to have stayed with Zelda is ven, widely considered to be one of the best Zeldas in the world. But that doesn't really help our Princess at all.

With all said and done, Zelda sits at 37th on the Tier List, as the 2nd worst character in the game.
Firstly, the Zelda/Sheik core that was part of both characters moveset was completely removed, and allowed Zelda to be her own character and not tethered to another, this also granted Zelda a healthy amount of buffs and a new Down B, in the shape of Phantom Slash.

Phantom Slash was both a wall and an attack, allowing Zelda to protect herself and push opponents away, and deal heavy shield damage to the opponent who dare want to contest the Phantom.

Many of her moves also got buffs in damage and knockback; but also had to compensate with slight range decrease too, and through Smash 4's lifecycle, Zelda got a nice handful of buffs throughout the game. And even early on, Zelda was sitting at High Tier once again in the early days of Smash 4. Not only that, Zelda got a brand new kill option, being her Up B, when sweetspotted; the move can now kill at incredibly low percents, as low as 40% when involving Rage.

...And you know what's going to happen, it's deja vu all again.

Zelda was eventually figured out and players have declared that despite these buffs, Zelda got even worse then before. Sheik was back to being Top Tier just like in the Melee days, and benefited greatly from Bouncing Fish which helped enhanced her recovery, whereas Zelda had to struggle with Up B, while hard to counter against; made it incredibly exploitable due to her not having another way to protect herself when recovering.

Zelda also lost some tools during the patches, one of them being Love Jumping, which allowed Zelda to gain horizontal momentum after taking knockback and tilting the Control Stick at an angle; with the removal of this tech, it hurt Zelda even more.

Her Neutral was still bad and is still bad to this day, which means characters like Bayonetta, Diddy Kong, Cloud, Mario, Ryu, Mewtwo, the list goes on can really exploit her weakness of her neutral and greatly benefit from it and comboing her to death.

With that said, there are surprisingly some more players that have stay dedicated to Zelda, players like maXy, ven and Onpu just to name a few have shown how well Zelda can do in the meta and even against some of her biggest threats. Nairo formerly mained her in Smash 4, before dropping her altogether for Zero Suit who is flat out better.

Overall, Zelda just couldn't change with the meta and remained exactly where she was, in Bottom Tier, sitting in the Bottom 3.
So how good was... You know what, let's cut to it.

Zelda sucks. She's REALLY bad.

Zelda has had chances to shine early on in every single title she's been in within Smash. Only to have it ripped out of her hands and get relegated to being a Low Tier. Zelda has been consistently going from Good to Bad, EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

She struggles getting in and out, and while she did see some improvements, they're just not enough to help her out in the meta of each game.

But with Smash Ultimate and players saying Zelda's good... we can only hope that this ain't Deja Vu all over again. I'm sorry Zelda, you definitely deserve better then this.

If you compare Marth to Zelda. You can easily see how amazing Marth has been, he's been consistently Top Tier in all of the games (Except early Smash 4 but thanks to the Balance Patches; he managed to return to his throne), but Zelda? Yeah there was no saving her from being bad.

Anyway, how's it going Black Friday fans? :ultzelda:

Hope you'll have fun getting stepped on during Black Friday. (Wait, this isn't the BBTAG Discord or the UNIST Discord. Big oof from me then.)

Also, gonna just do some more Uni stuff in the meantime and hope that the 5th Fate for BBTAG gets revealed tomorrow during Arc Revo Japan.

Top Bottom