• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Bakarina's anime is set to air in April. I knew that it was getting an anime adaption, but not when. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QriYDN3KmQs.

I mentioned it once and the manga is a fun read. My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei ****eshimatta...) is this quirky isekai where the main character reincarnates as the lead antagonist girl in a game, but since she remembers her past life and realizes the world she is in is the game world, she tries to do everything in her power to prevent her own ending which is a bad one. The things she ends up doing are peculiar to say the least and as she lives a different life than the original Katarina Claes of the game she played, instead of becoming villainess Katarina Claes, the main character becomes something else: she becomes Bakarina. The best part is that it ended up spawning a spin-off where it starts off right before Katarina Claes is supposed to meet her ending. I haven't read anything from the spin-off yet, but unsurprisingly, Bakarina transcends all. No matter what happens, Bakarina will be Bakarina.

Now that I think about it, Carrie Keranen and Kirsten Day would probably be great English voices for Bakarina considering their respective performances as L'Arachel and Constance.

Edit: Oh yeah, Smashboards still does the thing with the sh-word...

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I talked with someone who plays YGO and showed them my custom cards, they said that they're unbalanced and are either underpowered or overpowered. So with some help, I've fixed all of them and given erratas a bunch of them and scrapped the Equip Spell idea. So I'll present the new and updated versions to fit with the current speed of the game!

1583145376304.png

1583145393893.png
1583150301469.png
1583150009690.png

1583145455830.png

1583145475747.png
1583145786217.png

1583145811903.png
1583146410434.png

1583146430396.png
1583146871970.png

1583147085039.png

1583147258999.png

1583147420205.png

1583147853422.png

1583147450474.png

1583148045679.png

1583148278508.png

1583148287941.png

And now onto University stuff. I've gotten some help on writing about a painting, so now I'm onto talking about a building that was constructed in Bombay back in the 18th Century. That's going to be fun so go me!

Also, I now have UNICLR on Switch. It's really fun, however Carmine and Seth are bugged and the Online is a mess, so hopefully they can be fixed soon, but it is a great fighter and I highly recommend it. I managed to beat all of Enkidu's Missions which I was pleased with.

1582538711953.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I +5'd Cordelia and gave her prf a Spd refine. She's pretty neat to have around, but thanks to Nammy12 Nammy12 for showing me the way with ha +10 Cordelia in the 1st place. :^)

The next Resplendent is Ike, who idc about much anyway. Hopefully that means he'll also get a refine next week, which means his actually-good version will get a refine as well.

As for OW, they have an Ashe skin challenge, get you then tiddie beads, gorls.

Why do you guys never post on the actual Zelda forums. : D
But sis. This is the only relevant Zelda-thread within the entire Internet. :secretkpop:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So, Bakarina's anime is set to air in April. I knew that it was getting an anime adaption, but not when. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QriYDN3KmQs.
I legit can't wait for gender bent Shovel Knight Isekai.

I dunno if you introduced it to me or I had read it first, but I liked it when I read some of the translated light novel way back when.

So I +5'd Cordelia and gave her prf a Spd refine. She's pretty neat to have around, but thanks to Nammy12 Nammy12 Nammy12 Nammy12 for showing me the way with ha +10 Cordelia in the 1st place. :^)
A long time ago I foddered an OG Ike to give Cordelia Heavy Blade, then never built her up or used her.

I'm wondering if I should fodder that one off to someone else or build her with HB as her A-skill like in the original plan. It feels like while a decent number of characters want HB, no one wants it as their A-skill when the seal exists.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So the other day, I had a think of which characters I want to see make it into Smash in the 2nd Fighters Pass.

I guess I can leave them here anyway. :V

My first character I'd love to see is Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia. I know many would prefer Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. But honestly, I'd prefer Yuri Lowell instead.

Mainly due to him being the most popular lead protagonist out of all of them, plus Yuri Lowell could have a gimmick similar to Hero. Except instead of having a random abundance of spells, he could instead have a TP gauge and all of his Specials and Tilts cost TP. However just like in Vesperia, he can cancel them into each other, similar to his Artes in Vesperia. It'll make it more interesting and somewhat hype to see him do all of this crazy stuff. His Final Smash could be his Mystic Arte.

Second character(s) I'd like to see are Pyra and Mythra, as a tag team duo kind of like Pokemon Trainer and how Zelda/Sheik was in Melee and Brawl. Where Pyra could be all about combos and raking up the damage, whereas Mythra is all about powerful kill moves. As for their Final Smashes, Pyra's could be Burning Sword, whereas Mythra's could be Sacred Arrow, or they could transform into Pneuma and have a cinematic FS.

Third one I did think about was Paper Mario. Now, we already have enough Mario characters for sure, but they could make Paper Mario unique. Have him use his Hammer for some of his tilts and Smashes; his Curses from TTYD as well, such as if he needs to recover, he turn into Paper Plane Mode before reverting back to normal, and his dash attack could be his Spin Dash from the first Paper Mario. His Final Smash can either be Star Beam from Paper Mario or one of the Thing Cards from Colour Splash such as the giant fan.

Now for my fourth character. This may be a strange one, but I'd like to see either Dr. Eggman or Tails as a fighter. Since Shadow and Knuckles got deconfirmed. Eggman could ride in his Eggmobile similar to how Bowser Jr. rides in his Koopa Clown Car and use many weapons he used to fight Sonic in the past. Such as Neutral Air or Down Air could be the Wrecking Ball from Green Hill in Sonic 1, Neutral B could be the laser from Metropolis in Sonic 2 or the targeting mechanic from Sonic Adventure 2, just combine all of the gadgets he used in the previous games to create his moveset.
Tails on the otherhand, could be a slightly slower Sonic, except he has a better recovery with being able to fly and he could use his gadgets from games like Tails Adventure, Sonic Riders (He used a giant electric plug for his Boost attack) and Sonic Battle or even Sonic 06. As for their Final Smashes, Eggman could have a cinematic where he fires the Eclipse Cannon from the ARK or a cannon from the Death Egg. Whereas Tails could go Super Tails and be just like Sonic's Final Smash.

Fifth character I obviously want Reimu Hakurei to make it into Smash. Or maybe any Touhou rep, be it Marisa, Reimu, Sakuya or Youmu. They could easily make it so their zoning isn't overpowering by making it so you can run through their projectiles, just like in their fighting games. They'll probably have a bar that if it runs out, they cannot use their projectiles anymore and have to resort to close combat until the bar refills, just like in AoCF, IaMP and Hisou. As for their Final Smashes, they can easily be their Last Words. Reimu's would be "Fantasy Heaven", Marisa's would be "Final Spark", Sakuya's is "Deflation World" and Youmu's would be "Paschal Moon-Reflecting Satellite Slash".

But for my final character, I personally want to see Ragna The Bloodedge from Blazblue or Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear. They could have their Roman Cancels as long as they fill up enough meter at the top of their icon and able to perform combos similar to Ryu, Ken and Terry. Sol would have his Overdrives, Ragna would have his Distortions. And you'd have to do the motions as well. Sol could have Tyrant Rave ver.B and his Dragon Install (Which would make him lighter and easier to knockback, but he does more damage and can kill earlier), whereas Ragna could have Carnage Scissors and Devoured by Darkness or Seed of Tartarus. As for their Final Smashes, they'd have their Instakills on them.

Sol Badguy's would be Branding Breach, whereas Ragna's would be Black Onslaught. If they end the game with a Final Smash, it could show a unique animation for them during their Victory Animation.

Just a bunch of ideas I had spiraling in my mind of who I want to see make it into Smash.

tl;dr version, I want Yuri Lowell, Pyra & Mythra, Paper Mario, Dr. Eggman or Tails, Touhou Rep and Sol Badguy or Ragna The Bloodedge.

1582804300490.png

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So the other day, I had a think of which characters I want to see make it into Smash in the 2nd Fighters Pass.

I guess I can leave them here anyway. :V

My first character I'd love to see is Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia. I know many would prefer Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. But honestly, I'd prefer Yuri Lowell instead.

Mainly due to him being the most popular lead protagonist out of all of them, plus Yuri Lowell could have a gimmick similar to Hero. Except instead of having a random abundance of spells, he could instead have a TP gauge and all of his Specials and Tilts cost TP. However just like in Vesperia, he can cancel them into each other, similar to his Artes in Vesperia. It'll make it more interesting and somewhat hype to see him do all of this crazy stuff. His Final Smash could be his Mystic Arte.

Second character(s) I'd like to see are Pyra and Mythra, as a tag team duo kind of like Pokemon Trainer and how Zelda/Sheik was in Melee and Brawl. Where Pyra could be all about combos and raking up the damage, whereas Mythra is all about powerful kill moves. As for their Final Smashes, Pyra's could be Burning Sword, whereas Mythra's could be Sacred Arrow, or they could transform into Pneuma and have a cinematic FS.

Third one I did think about was Paper Mario. Now, we already have enough Mario characters for sure, but they could make Paper Mario unique. Have him use his Hammer for some of his tilts and Smashes; his Curses from TTYD as well, such as if he needs to recover, he turn into Paper Plane Mode before reverting back to normal, and his dash attack could be his Spin Dash from the first Paper Mario. His Final Smash can either be Star Beam from Paper Mario or one of the Thing Cards from Colour Splash such as the giant fan.

Now for my fourth character. This may be a strange one, but I'd like to see either Dr. Eggman or Tails as a fighter. Since Shadow and Knuckles got deconfirmed. Eggman could ride in his Eggmobile similar to how Bowser Jr. rides in his Koopa Clown Car and use many weapons he used to fight Sonic in the past. Such as Neutral Air or Down Air could be the Wrecking Ball from Green Hill in Sonic 1, Neutral B could be the laser from Metropolis in Sonic 2 or the targeting mechanic from Sonic Adventure 2, just combine all of the gadgets he used in the previous games to create his moveset.
Tails on the otherhand, could be a slightly slower Sonic, except he has a better recovery with being able to fly and he could use his gadgets from games like Tails Adventure, Sonic Riders (He used a giant electric plug for his Boost attack) and Sonic Battle or even Sonic 06. As for their Final Smashes, Eggman could have a cinematic where he fires the Eclipse Cannon from the ARK or a cannon from the Death Egg. Whereas Tails could go Super Tails and be just like Sonic's Final Smash.

Fifth character I obviously want Reimu Hakurei to make it into Smash. Or maybe any Touhou rep, be it Marisa, Reimu, Sakuya or Youmu. They could easily make it so their zoning isn't overpowering by making it so you can run through their projectiles, just like in their fighting games. They'll probably have a bar that if it runs out, they cannot use their projectiles anymore and have to resort to close combat until the bar refills, just like in AoCF, IaMP and Hisou. As for their Final Smashes, they can easily be their Last Words. Reimu's would be "Fantasy Heaven", Marisa's would be "Final Spark", Sakuya's is "Deflation World" and Youmu's would be "Paschal Moon-Reflecting Satellite Slash".

But for my final character, I personally want to see Ragna The Bloodedge from Blazblue or Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear. They could have their Roman Cancels as long as they fill up enough meter at the top of their icon and able to perform combos similar to Ryu, Ken and Terry. Sol would have his Overdrives, Ragna would have his Distortions. And you'd have to do the motions as well. Sol could have Tyrant Rave ver.B and his Dragon Install (Which would make him lighter and easier to knockback, but he does more damage and can kill earlier), whereas Ragna could have Carnage Scissors and Devoured by Darkness or Seed of Tartarus. As for their Final Smashes, they'd have their Instakills on them.

Sol Badguy's would be Branding Breach, whereas Ragna's would be Black Onslaught. If they end the game with a Final Smash, it could show a unique animation for them during their Victory Animation.

Just a bunch of ideas I had spiraling in my mind of who I want to see make it into Smash.

tl;dr version, I want Yuri Lowell, Pyra & Mythra, Paper Mario, Dr. Eggman or Tails, Touhou Rep and Sol Badguy or Ragna The Bloodedge.
I never played Xenoblade, but Pyra and Mythra would be nice to see as playable. Your other picks aren't bad either.

I've created two passes of my own. One with only first-parties, and one with only third-parties. I will explain a choice if anybody wants me to.
First-Party Pass.PNG

Third-Party Pass.PNG

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It's time to twerk to the beat, I guess:

btw LOL @ the mess that is Mewtwo's Raid in Pokemon Sword/Shield. It's utterly absurd, but it is how Raids should've been to begin with. Except it's not 100% fair because Raid Bosses can avoid moves like Strength Sap or weight based moves. Though they don't offer any advantage and Mewtwo can clear away stat changes ez pzy. So??? Like??? sis wtf

I legit can't wait for gender bent Shovel Knight Isekai.

I dunno if you introduced it to me or I had read it first, but I liked it when I read some of the translated light novel way back when.

A long time ago I foddered an OG Ike to give Cordelia Heavy Blade, then never built her up or used her.

I'm wondering if I should fodder that one off to someone else or build her with HB as her A-skill like in the original plan. It feels like while a decent number of characters want HB, no one wants it as their A-skill when the seal exists.
Heavy Blade sucks and HB4 kind of fixes its suckage. Anyway... You may as well use her. Give her Prf+Spd and she can quad pretty easily. She's probably the best blue flier offense wise. rip Hinoka the teleport bot.

I never played Xenoblade, but Pyra and Mythra would be nice to see as playable. Your other picks aren't bad either.

I've created two passes of my own. One with only first-parties, and one with only third-parties. I will explain a choice if anybody wants me to.
Awww yis @ Morrigan, Rex, Dana Dee, Dixie, and lowkey Scorpian. Sub Zero would be more likely to get in as a Mortal Kombat rep, but Scorion is trailing very close behind in the popularity contest. However... The charm of SSB was that it's a fighting-game featuring characters who were never in a real fighting game to begin with. So I think they really need to tone it down with introducing actual fighters at this point. lol

My mix would be would be:
Rillaboom as a Pokemon rep (we have a Fire Starter/Water Starter, but no Grass Starter??? YUCK)
Zelda or Sidon as a BoTW or BoTW2 rep
Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes (he's not necessarily a "good" boi, but it'd be a subtle but ez way to rep Starwars lmao)
Shantae for that hella dope 3rd party+combat mage+hair whip gorl rep
Shovel Knight for 3rd part rep as well
(and probably a super fun or quirky kit)
Dr. Eggman for the 2nd Sonic rep (in his traditional hovering mech)
Adeleine or Bandada Dee for another Kirby rep (if thou must; preferably not tho)
Lara Croft for a Tomb Raider rep (hand to hand combat, ropes/grappling hooks, the occasional gun or knife)
Jill Valentine for a Resident Evil rep (basically the same as Lara in terms of kit tho)
Rex or Elma as the Xenoblade Rep (preferably with Rex having a Pokemon Trainer type mechanic, where ofc the Blades are in the background and swap with Rex staying the main fighter)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hopefully that means he'll also get a refine next week, which means his actually-good version will get a refine as well.
The boys of Ram Village came and said hello. Also, The Reinhardt's very green sister and some old coot who should be in a retirement home.

Continuing, FEH summoning nonsense.
5* legendary Alm #1: +Def, -Spd. Well, Alm broke his +Spd, -Res streak. Maybe it's a sword Alm thing.
4* Beruka: +Atk, -Res.
3* Fir: +Res, -Spd.
4* Gordin: +Res, -Def.
4* Ogma: +Def, -Atk.
3* Abel: +Res, -Def.
5* legendary Alm #2: +Res, -Def.
4* Clair: +Spd, -Res.
4* Roy: +HP, -Atk.
3* Shanna: +Def, -Res.

For the second character pass discussion, to nobody's surprise, Dante would be my pick. He has a load of different weapons they could draw from and it's Dante. If they wanted him to flamenco dance people to death while throwing roses and occasionally swords around, then they can have him do that and it would totally be in character. Cue Dante being another sword character.

Terra Branford or Tifa Lockhart. Terra for several reasons. One of them is that she and Bartz were considered, but dropped in favor of the more recognizable Cloud. The more meaningful reasons are that it would be nice to have another mage character and that she is one of the earliest female protagonists of gaming history. Specifically for Final Fantasy, while Final Fantasy has a party, so multiple main characters, Terra is arguably the first main female character of the series. As for Tifa, punch-y girls are fun.

I doubt she's recognizable, but Alis Landale from the first Phantasy Star. They probably would have to draw a lot on the later Phantasy Star games, but having one of the first female protagonists of video games and a representative from one of the older RPGs in Smash would be a great tribute to the history of video games. Alis has a design, but it exists, I guess? She would also be a Sega representative and we only have two sort of. Sonic is Sega while Bayonetta's first game was published by Sega as otherwise, she's a PlatinumGames representative.

Ryu Hayabusa has been asked for, but I would like it if they could meld both his 2D and 3D games together instead of one or the other should he actually become a newcomer. Combining the feel of his 2D self's platforming sword and shuriken combat with his 3D self's hack 'n' slash and large moveset to draw from would be amazing. I don't recall having played the 2D Ninja Gaiden games and only played the 3D ones, but to me it wouldn't feel right if they only drew from one side of his games.

Toon Ganondorf. Actual-sword wielding Ganondorf and he comes with two swords! Seriously, though, I think he'd be a cool Zelda newcomer. Thematically, he would parallel Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess Ganondorf well as an older, calmer, and wiser figure to OoT and TP Ganondorf being more arrogant and at times, mad. They could also do something weird where he's the jack of all trades Zelda character to his other self and Link being hard-hitting and pretty methodical fighting styles, young Link leaning towards fast, but not as fast as Sheik and Toon Link where Sheik can quickly and safely land hits at the cost of dealing good knockback and both young Links barraging people with projectiles, and Zelda being Zelda. To expand, Toon Ganondorf's two swords and ability to use magic means he can be given decent range and a projectile or something where he can fight well at close range and mid-range and fight or deal with long range as well. He was also mobile, but not too fast in terms of movement as well in his boss fight.

If we have to have another Fire Emblem character and a lord at that, Celica or Micaiah. Almost all the lords of Fire Emblem use swords as their primary weapon and Byleth does use different weapons and is the only character with a whip sword and Corrin can partially or fully transform into a dragon, but it is a bit perplexing that they have only introduced sword-wielding lords into Smash and to make it worse, have four of them fight very similarly. Where's the east Asian swordsmanship that could have been done with Lyn or Ryoma? We don't even have anyone using fencing which Eirika could have done or hilariously enough, Marth if they dumped his old moveset onto Lucina or at least modified several of his attacks to be thrusts and stabs to capitalize on his tipper mechanic. All we have is fantasy-based swordsmanship sometimes combined with magic (Robin), different weapons (Byleth), or dragon shenanigans (Corrin) and Ike one-handing a two-handed sword most of the time. Y'know, it's quite fitting how Ike is the only one with a distinct swordsmanship given the significance of Greil's swordsmanship in his story. Rant aside, Celica and Micaiah being mages would be a breath of fresh air and Shadows of Valentia being a recent remake helps in Celica's popularity and how recognizable she is other than the fact she could be a freaking magic-slinging character. Cue Celica being a sword lord instead like how she was a clone of Marth in Fire Emblem: Warriors. Thing is I'd love to see Celica in the game, but Fire Emblem seems so tainted now regarding Smash.

And lastly, Slippy Toad. Y'all want the green toad and y'all know it. Slippy being top tier and considered the best Star Fox character would be icing on the cake.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I guess I could probably discuss which stages I think each DLC character could bring from my wishlist. :yeahboi:

If Yuri Lowell makes it in, then he would probably have Halure's Tree as his stage. Where a platform takes the players from one area to another, starts at the outskirts of the town, before taking the players in starting at the Mayor's House, before going over to the bridge or Inn, and then finally stopping at the tree itself, before going back to the outskirts of the town.

As for music tracks, I can see the following being added:
Furnace of War (Original and New Remix)
Fury Sparks (Original and New Remix)
A Bet on This Bout (Original)
About a Flower (Original)
Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Symphonia version)

If Pyra & Mythra make it in, I think it'll either be Elysium or The Merchant's Guild. If it is Elysium, it could be a simple flat field but it also slowly transforms into its true appearance every now and then, which the other characters cheering them on, or looking around the distopian landscape. If it's the Merchant's Guild, it'll be a fly by level. Starting on the port on the left, before moving into the Guild itself, with fighters battling over the market stalls, before flying out from the right and onto the top floor. And then it repeats, which some Nopon, Rex, Zeke and Morag in the background as well at random spots.

Music I think will be mixed in from Gaur Plain, but I can see some new tracks added:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Medley (New Remix)
You Will Recall Our Names (Original)
Incoming! (Original)
Death Match With Torna (Original)
Mor Ardain - Roaming the Wastes (Original)

Now... Eggman or Tails. That'll be a somewhat tough one. Now, they could either make Eggman's stage be the Death Egg, or Sky Sanctuary since both are iconic. In fact, both would work. Death Egg for Eggman, Sky Sanctuary for Tails. Or Chemical Plant. It'll probably be similar to Green Hill, with hazards around and interactive objects around too. With some Badniks in the background, doing their business.

As for music... If Death Egg makes it in:
Death Egg Zone (Act 1) (Original)
Death Egg Zone (New Remix)
Doomsday Zone (Original)
Death Egg Robot (Original/Sonic Generations Version)
Mechanial Resonance for Final Egg (Original)
E.G.G.M.A.N. (Original)
Ruby Delusions (Original)
Egg Reverie Zone (Original)

If it is Sky Sanctuary and Tails makes it in:
Sky Sanctuary (Original)
Sky Sanctuary (New Remix)
Sky Sanctuary (Modern) (Sonic Generations Version)
The Air for Windy Valley (Original)
Flying Battery Zone (Act 1) (Original)

I'll probably think up some more when I got the chance. :V

1582895351667.png

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Don't mind me, just gonna add these last few cards here.

1583150608449.png

1583240614055.png

1583152312932.png

1583235677418.png

1583235687319.png

1583235702776.png

1583235713812.png

1583235722333.png

1583235731269.png

1583311349116.png

1583409465100.png

1583399960997.png

Also, I played Smash again the night before. That was a disaster.

I'll stick with UNICLR and BBTAG. :V

Also, the new Raids are happening in Pokemon Sword & Shield. I hope you all can manage to cope with Mewtwo, because OHHHHH boy is that a pain to deal with. Having more than 4 moves, can attack 4 times in a single turn and so on. Big. Oof.

Oh and I did this too:

1582977073683.png

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Samurai Jack is getting a new game titled Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time. Apparently it will tie into the final season of the series: https://www.adultswim.com/games/samurai-jack.

As a kid, I remember seeing a Samurai Jack game I think in a booklet and wanting to play it. Never did so and I feel like there were copies for rent, so I don't know why I never bothered. That game was called Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku. The new game looks all right. At the very least, if its combat is like that of the Transformers: Devastation by PlatinumGames where it works and is fun to play, then sure. If not, then hopefully it has a decent story considering it supposed to tie into the series finale.

Meanwhile in FEH, I got baited by CYL Ike and would have been okay with a Gray or another CYL Lucina. I did not get any of them.
4* Athena: +HP, -Atk.
4* Hawkeye: +Spd, -HP.
4* Leon: +Def, -HP.
3* Oboro: +Def, -HP.
3* Valbar: +Res, -Atk.
4* Maria: +Def, -Atk.
4* Priscilla: +Res, -HP.
3* Silas: +Spd, -Res.
3* Raigh: +Atk, -Def.
3* Reinhardt: +Res, -Spd.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Gorl Anthem after Zelda's buffs because she's only midtier-ish but that's OK since she's not garbage tier I guess:

Obviously added it to the B•GAL since it's 2 top tier songs mashed up into a good-ish song.
The boys of Ram Village came and said hello. Also, The Reinhardt's very green sister and some old coot who should be in a retirement home.
Ya I saw. I couldn't help but say "yuck-ew-why" aloud. Isn't it nice that instead of fixing OG!Olwen by giving her a different prf or giving The Dire Twins separate refines... They just buff the Gen 2 Olwen instead? :^)

March is going to be a very boring and bad month. The Black Eagles v2 Banner just seals the awful deal, with Ferdie being the saving grace. The art is very meh and is clearly meant for the loli/shota crowd (I'm pretty sure Ferdie didn't look like an overly-sophisticated 13 year old but OK). Resplendent boring OG!Ike who nobody cares to build since his stats are so bad for his weapon. At least the art is top tier, but there's still no much-needed-Ike-refine to go with it. All awful refines choices - I mean, they all needed the refines. But they're Gen 2 and 1 is an Alt. It's the worst month in a long time tbh. I'm probably going to skip the Pass this month and just maintain for the month. All that can save this month is a really great Mystic option or a great 2nd Resplendent option imo.

On the plus side I did nab a L!Chrom who's pretty dope and handsome ofc. Somehow got 2 Fallen Corrins, the grossest and sweatiest heaux around. But she has great fodder for offense oriented characters~ Who I don't really build because I prefer ezmode tanks. oops

Also, the new Raids are happening in Pokemon Sword & Shield. I hope you all can manage to cope with Mewtwo, because OHHHHH boy is that a pain to deal with. Having more than 4 moves, can attack 4 times in a single turn and so on. Big. Oof.
I tried it once and then backed out way quick. It's easy to fight with a Hairy Imp Boi or Kungfu Marshmallow Boi, but even with those idk if I can properly contribute. I have plenty of shinies but I don't think I have the proper team to deal with him. His movesets are made to specifically counter types that can deal SE STAB damage to him. So, like, wtf?

I'm having a bot get/hatch eggs for me during this event. I racked up 400+ hours so far, 300 of which is spent on eggs. I only got 4 shiny eggs. What a great game with great and sensible shiny rates! :^)

Currently working on KISS Raccoon Monster in a Beast Ball. Then I want Gigalith in a Heavy Ball. Followed by Jujitsu Octopus in a Fast Ball.

My most precious is a Ribombee in a Love Ball atm. ♥

Oh and I did this too:
Just because Yang is currently the worst character in RWBY doesn't mean she deserves to get beat up like that, sis. :secretkpop:
hahajk, throw her in the trash

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I tried it once and then backed out way quick. It's easy to fight with a Hairy Imp Boi or Kungfu Marshmallow Boi, but even with those idk if I can properly contribute. I have plenty of shinies but I don't think I have the proper team to deal with him. His movesets are made to specifically counter types that can deal SE STAB damage to him. So, like, wtf?

I'm having a bot get/hatch eggs for me during this event. I racked up 400+ hours so far, 300 of which is spent on eggs. I only got 4 shiny eggs. What a great game with great and sensible shiny rates! :^)

Currently working on KISS Raccoon Monster in a Beast Ball. Then I want Gigalith in a Heavy Ball. Followed by Jujitsu Octopus in a Fast Ball.

My most precious is a Ribombee in a Love Ball atm. ♥
I've managed to beat Mewtwo about three times so far. Used Grimmsnarl while my teammates used either a Grimmsnarl of their own, Mew, Lunala and I've seen Marshadow, Zacian and Zamazenta used as well during the raids. But the rewards you get are REALLY good. I got about 32 EXP Candies combined in one raid (2 Medium, 20 Large, 10 Extra Large), some PP Ups, Bottle Caps and some selling fodder as well, so that's pretty damn good.

Just because Yang is currently the worst character in RWBY doesn't mean she deserves to get beat up like that, sis. :secretkpop:
hahajk, throw her in the trash
Don't worry, her and Ruby are bottom tier character wise. I really do not like them at all in BBTAG whatsoever, and their music? Oof. Their music is garbage for a fighting game. :V (I also outright refuse to pick up and play those characters, I dislike them that much.) Weiss and Blake are cool though, I appreciate and respect those that still main those two. And Neo's theme is tolerable.

1583400864369.png

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Galdive uploaded a new song titled "5 AM" earlier this week and it's nice. I love the ending and what it does. WARNING: As noted by the video's title, there are flashing colors, so if you suffer from seizures due to flashing lights, then do not watch the video. Do enjoy the song, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62vAZvWYMJw.

Also, sheep riding in SWERY's "The Good Life": https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/476090608/the-good-life/posts/2766012. Other than in Pokemon X&Y and that was with Skiddo and Gogoat and they're goats, I can't remember another game where you could ride sheep as a mode of transportation.

For FEH, I got a sugar gremlin and our girl. Grima showed up too because reasons.
Lysithea has three superassets: +HP,+Atk, and +Res. =Atk Lysithea with her default kit hits 67 Atk from her 41 base Atk + 14 Mt tome + Swift Sparrow 2 from her tome + Death Blow 4. If her special's charged which it would be with her default Moonbow, then she would gain another 6 attack for 73 Atk. My +Atk, +4 Lilina hits 68 Atk when initiating and 75 if she initiates on someone affected by Forblaze's Chill Res 3. 42 base Atk + 14 Mt tome + 6 from unique Forblaze's Death Blow 3 + Death Blow 3 (+7 from Forblaze's Chill Res 3) = 68 (+7). Lilina's easier to merge and I can get her to +10, but yeah... At least Lilina has higher resistance, so she can tank magic if needed unlike Lysithea being a glass cannon, but Kiria exists who has higher base resistance than Lilina and her Mirage Rod's stronger version of the unique refinement effects of Gordin's Renowned Bow and Tharja's Hex because of course she needs to inflict Atk/Res-6 on foes within two spaces of her. I get Gordin has personal Brave Bow, Tharja has a personal -blade tome, and they're both launch units people could have gotten a lot of copies, but Kiria has 41 base Atk to Gordin's 31 and Tharja's 32 and effectively a 23 Mt personal tome. Kiria also doesn't need to do anything, but attack unlike Tharja who needs field buffs for her -blade tome and Kiria targets resistance which is usually lower than defense where granted, Gordin has a Brave Bow, so he will attack twice when initiating.

Meanwhile, Annette with three superflaws: -HP, -Def, and -Res. Annette has the same superflaws as Libra in terms of stats which makes sense since Annette's a gen 4 version of Libra; Annette has +4 Atk, +4 Spd, and +1 Res over Libra. But in terms of overall stats, Annette's Echidna if she traded 5 HP for 5 Atk and switched her defenses; compared to Echidna, -5 HP, +5 Atk, -2 Res, and +3 Res. It's kind of interesting, but also a bit concerning that we have had three axe infantry units introduced into the regular summoning pool in a row with the same speed and almost the same defenses or at least the same kind of mixed defenses. After Gerik, we had Echidna with 36 Spd, 30 Def, and 27 Res, Osian with 36 Spd, 33 Def, and 27 Res, and Annette with 36 Spd, 28 Def, and 30 Res. Gerik does share the same speed as the three and in the same ballpark with his 30 defense, but his resistance being 22 means his defenses aren't mixed like the others. I figured that with Annette not being fast in Three Houses from what I read that her stats would have been closer to Lif's, but with swapped defenses and lower HP for higher resistance. So, something like 38 HP, 38 Atk, 30 Spd, 29 Def, and 37 Res.
4* Lukas: +Atk, -Res.
3* Lachesis: +Def, -Res.
3* Nanna #1: +HP, -Res.
3* Tanya: +Atk, -Spd.
3* Titania: +Spd, -Def.
4* Draug: +Atk, -HP.
4* Est #1: +Def, -Res.
5* Lysithea: +Def, -HP.
3* Niles: +HP, -Def.
3* Seth: +Atk, -HP.
3* Cherche: +HP, -Def.
4* F!Corrin: +Res, -Spd.
4* Est #2: +Res, -HP.
3* Olivia: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Reyson: +Def, -HP.
4* Caeda #1: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Felicia: +Spd, -Res.
5* M!Grima: +Atk, -HP. Well, he's +Atk now.
4* Mae: +Res, -Def.
4* Stahl: +Def, -Spd.
5* Annette: +Spd, -Def.
4* Caeda #2: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Donnel: +Def, -Res.
3* Nanna #2: +HP, -Res.
4* Priscilla: +HP, -Res.

Edit: I found the track that was used in a Barst solo video and it's from Chrono Trigger: "Secret of the Forest". Then it occurred to me that I don't know where I have heard some of Chrono Trigger's music from. I have watched or seen snippets of gameplay, but not enough I think that a song from Chrono Trigger would sound that familiar to me. "Wind Scene" in particular, but I cannot place when or where I heard it. Incidentally, it's the track before "Secret of the Forest". Hearing the beginning with the pizzicato strings is enough for me to think, "Hey, it's this song."

The Barst video if anyone is interested in watching a bara lumberjack chop down poor fools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSQrFNYGNGc. Was only able to find the track by searching for the background used in the video and giving me a clue to where the track might be from. Sure enough, Chrono Trigger.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just leaving some more custom cards here.

1583744625934.png

1583744699348.png

1583744708613.png

1583744753971.png

1583744795747.png

1583744881872.png

1583744952072.png

1583745051628.png

1583745162868.png

1583745204865.png

1583745462989.png

1583745469377.png

1583843870853.png

1583843879189.png

1583843887281.png

1583843893987.png

1583843916633.png

1583843928276.png

1583843964227.png

Also, I've decided to get Shadows of Valentia. I'm liking it so far, already at Act 3. And I'm slowly making my way with both sides as well.

1583746307180.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Through the miracle of modern medicine, Sophia is no longer part giraffe.

At least so far they're doing a great job fixing up the old art.
I wonder if they'll be doing all the bad art characters rotating with popular characters. That means OG!Hector will be out this year eeeeee. Maybe Arthur or Mist or Lachesis could get a proper upgrade.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Her full art has been revealed on the Resplendent website and it's so good. R!Sophia's outfit is easily the best of the four we've seen so far imo. I've been thinking about merging up a Sophia for use in Astra season, so I think this made up my mind for me.

Seeing someone as irrelevant as Sophia getting a Resplendent version gives me hope that Niles will eventually get one too. He's decently popular and his art is pretty questionable as well so I think he could realistically get one. The +2 to all stats would just be icing.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

At least so far they're doing a great job fixing up the old art.
I wish modern medicine could have made her full giraffe instead.

Her full art has been revealed on the Resplendent website and it's so good. R!Sophia's outfit is easily the best of the four we've seen so far imo. I've been thinking about merging up a Sophia for use in Astra season, so I think this made up my mind for me.

Seeing someone as irrelevant as Sophia getting a Resplendent version gives me hope that Niles will eventually get one too. He's decently popular and his art is pretty questionable as well so I think he could realistically get one. The +2 to all stats would just be icing.
Her resplendent sprite is cute too: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/fg9v3e/resplendent_sophia_sprite/. She finally has her absurdly long hair.

Agreed with her resplendent outfit. I think Sophia's resplendent works best because it feels like it does more than build on her original outfit. Some of it was by chance too with how it works because many of the characters from Embla, Askr, Muspell, and Nifl have feathers on their outfits. Sophia is a manakete, but her dragon form is completely unknown since she doesn't have a dragonstone both in-game and for story reasons. Fae's dragon form is a fluffy chicken which you could argue is what young dragons look like in Elibe, but it could be possible for Fae to be some sort of feathered dragon even when she's an adult. For Sophia, it's like a connection to her friend in Arcadia and maybe a what if tease to her dragon form. The way her hair circles around her in her idle art and the inside of her cloak being a similar shade to her hair and how it's positioned makes me think of Mila's appearance in Shadows of Valentia with her wing hair or hair wings. Specifically, it makes it look like she has a tail and wings. A very hair-y, giraffe horse-like tail, but a tail nevertheless. Now that I think about it, I wonder if a qilin or kirin in Japanese would work for Sophia's dragon form. Corrin's dragon form has qilin features, but it's weird. Like alien dragon weird.

I do like Lyn's Nifl outfit for her resplendent look. Probably my second favorite after Sophia's Embla outfit was revealed. At the same time, it doesn't pop as much for me as Sophia's does. Not sure. I guess I feel okay with Lyn's Nifl outfit. Cordelia's Askr outfit suffers from her own outfit looking too similar to the outfits of Askr. A Nifl outfit I could see having the same issue, but blue being more predominant than white could prevent that feel. Embla, Muspell, dokkalfar or ljosalfar, and definitely Hel could give a more different look to her. Point being is that Cordelia's Askr outfit looks good, but it feels like Cordelia upgraded from her steel armor to whatever gold-colored better metal armor and added a scarf because it sure it could up there as a pegasus knight wearing no pants. As I was thinking about it, I thought of Jak and his armor from Jak 2 to Jak 3. There wasn't an armor system in Jak 2, but Jak went from wearing an iron or a steel shoulder pad and bracer on his left arm in Jak 2 to the bronze-colored Precursor metal armor of Mar by the end of Jak 3.

Ike's Muspell outfit has a lot going on and some people even thought he was wearing an Embla outfit. Both Embla and Muspell feature black and gold trimming. Red is shared, but only for Veronica for Embla and Laegjarn, Laevatein, and Surtr for Muspell. Ike shares the flame pattern inside for his cape like that of Laegjarn and Surtr or the sashes of Helbindi and Laevatein. In Ike's case, his is blue and white referencing Ike's association with blue fire. Problem is combined with him wearing white pants is that some parts of him look really bright while his black and gold trimmed armor looks more muted. That is in addition it having a cluttered feel due to the variety of colors; blue, white, red, black, gold, and bit of green since it looks like he kept his original headband. Ike has always worn beige pants of varying shades depending on the artist, except for his Awakening look and his Greil's Devoted outfit where he wears dark blue and brown pants, respectively. Meka went with a more muted shade for Ike's pants while Asatani Tomoyo went with white. Someone made an edit to Ike's Muspell outfit giving him black pants and I think it works to make it so that the only bright thing is the inside of his cape instead of the inside of his cape and his pants. Dark brown or dark blue could have worked too. Something else and it would go way different from his usual look is having Ike wear more armor or wear a suit of Muspell armor closer like that of Laegjarn and Surtr. Ike never wears that much armor and the closest we got to that was his Awakening look where he wore armor heroes do in Awakening. In terms of overall art, I prefer Meka's attack and injured art for Ike over Asatani Tomoyo's. Ike just looks awkward in Asatani Tomoyo's attack art while he looks fine in Meka's and Meka's injured art for Ike gives him a strong defiant feel which I don't get from Asatani Tomoyo's.

Resplendent Cherche or Clair might kill me. Maybe Selena, but definitely Cherche and Clair. I must maintain my miserly, freeloading pride!

Also, this is how I felt when I saw your +10 Echidna show up on my castle's doorsteps.

The above jelly image is from a manga called "Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru" with the official English title being "My Dress-Up Darling". It's an endearing story about a guy who wants to become a doll maker, specifically, the person in charge of making the faces for hina dolls and an outspoken girl who wants to cosplay sometimes from questionable games. So, it's a sweet, fluffy, and sometimes lewd story of a guy slowly gaining confidence in his skills and in himself by helping a girl make cosplay outfits with the girl in turn encouraging him that there is nothing wrong about what he likes or what his passion is.

In a similar vein, "Runway de Waratte" or "Smile at the Runway" in English I heard is a good manga. I only checked out a chapter or two and it's about a girl who is deemed too short to be a runway model and a guy who wants to be a clothing designer. This one has an anime adaption that is currently airing.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I wonder if they'll be doing all the bad art characters rotating with popular characters. That means OG!Hector will be out this year eeeeee. Maybe Arthur or Mist or Lachesis could get a proper upgrade.
I guess you can point to Lyn as "the popular character", but TBH she was always kind of plain when compared to the other 5* exclusives, and especially when compared to her alts.

Even Twink!Ike wasn't known for having art that anyone actually liked.

Resplendent Cherche or Clair might kill me. Maybe Selena, but definitely Cherche and Clair. I must maintain my miserly, freeloading pride!
I don't see Selena happening anytime soon, if at all, due to sharing the same artist as Sophia.

However much I'd like justice for Female Robin (Same artist who did Cordelia, Oboro, and Hinata), the one big thing I'm expecting is they aren't going to double dip into the same original artist's roster of characters.

They also seem to be handing the new art off to the more popular artists for the series, such as Cuboon being in charge of Lyn and Asatani for Ike.

Makes me wonder what character is going to get the inevitable Ippei treatment.

If OG!Hector gets one, I kind of want it to be done by the original artist, because holy **** I didn't know until just now that OG!Olivia and Flier!Olivia were drawn by the same person.

Talk about improvement, huh?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Her resplendent sprite is cute too: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/fg9v3e/resplendent_sophia_sprite/. She finally has her absurdly long hair.
It was lame that her original sprite obscured her hair dragging on the ground, so I'm glad R!Sophia fixed that. I noticed that her original art actually does show her hair on the floor, but it's covered by the UI most of the time. Although as a person with long hair myself, having it drag around on the floor behind me sounds like a recipe for it to get disgusting in like 3 seconds.

For Sophia, it's like a connection to her friend in Arcadia and maybe a what if tease to her dragon form. The way her hair circles around her in her idle art and the inside of her cloak being a similar shade to her hair and how it's positioned makes me think of Mila's appearance in Shadows of Valentia with her wing hair or hair wings. Specifically, it makes it look like she has a tail and wings. A very hair-y, giraffe horse-like tail, but a tail nevertheless.
Exactly this. R!Sophia's silhouette is reminiscent of a dragon, which is part of what makes it so great and goes to show how much thought went into her design. Speaking of which, her artist has to be Miwabe Sakura (both Mists, Lachesis, F!Kana, etc.). Most of the early art she did for FEH was kinda hit or miss (especially Est imo), but she has really improved recently. Yune's art is one of my personal favorites in the entire game, and ofc this new Sophia is incredible too.

Also, this is how I felt when I saw your +10 Echidna show up on my castle's doorsteps.
Thanks! Echidna is such a great unit and I was finally able to finish her last week or so. I've been wanting a high spd/res axe infantry for a long time (not Libra sorry), so Echidna was essentially perfect for me. She's super flexible and I use her in Arena and Light Season AR. B!Lucina gives her instant Sol on retaliation and Repel is basically cheating, but I've been thinking of switching over to Wo Gùn/Noontime due to her mediocre atk. I highly recommend you build her if you can get enough copies, though!

because holy **** I didn't know until just now that OG!Olivia and Flier!Olivia were drawn by the same person.
Yeah, YT!Olivia is a way better portrayal of her, even if I do kinda like her og art too. The other character AKIRA has drawn recently (Astram) also looks great, especially his special activation art with the flame sparkles.

Going through the list you linked, I'm a little surprised to learn both Nagi and Summer A!Tiki were drawn by Okaya. Nagi probably the best art they've done in FEH imo. Most of the other units I didn't know share an artist are ones I don't have like Ewan/Tsubasa or Ferdinand/Forsyth. However, I was surprised to learn that Clair and Peri share the same artist, but I don't use either of them so...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I forgot about this. I saw it as one of the suggestions on YouTube and here's some gameplay of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated from PAX East 2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V_PYvHibrY.

It looks so vibrant and perhaps too saturated. The original looked like, well, the old SpongeBob games and felt closer to the palette of the cartoon which works. It's been a long time since I played Battle for Bikini Bottom. Never beat it and I don't think I came close to half of the game. Still was a pleasant experience as a collectathon platformer.

I don't see Selena happening anytime soon, if at all, due to sharing the same artist as Sophia.

However much I'd like justice for Female Robin (Same artist who did Cordelia, Oboro, and Hinata), the one big thing I'm expecting is they aren't going to double dip into the same original artist's roster of characters.
Other than liking Selena/Severa, Selena is one of several characters who mention wearing Askr clothing which some people pointed out that they could end up with resplendent versions. Off the top of my head, Clair, Felicia, and Oboro have castle or poke quotes about the Order of Heroes' clothing. New Year's Camilla has a castle quote about her kimono being white making her look like she's a member of the Order of Heroes and jokingly saying she's reporting for duty.

It's very early, so people aren't sure exactly how the developers are picking who gets a resplendent art commissioned. Some think it's a 5* and 4* below pattern, others think its for characters with "bad" art, and others think its popularity, but you could argue Sophia is either popular or unpopular compared to Lyn, Cordelia, and Ike all being popular.

There's also nothing stopping them from commissioning the same artist to do a resplendent of a character they already did which you already suggest with wishing for Hector to get a resplendent drawn by AKIRA again. I looked up Zaza's art and it seems like for whatever reason, Zaza's work for Fire Emblem Heroes is not as good as whatever else Zaza's art is used for; for art's sake, manga, concept art, etc. It's not like Pikomaro who is inconsistent for FEH with Pikomaro's Lloyd being the most infamous while having good art for work outside of FEH or AKIRA and Yura whose art "improve each time". My guess is they possibly were given more time or gotten used to an idea of what they want to do for FEH. Early on, I remember people saying one of the artists worked on Fate/Grand Order before FEH and I think it was AKIRA who they were talking about considering AKIRA's peculiar style compared to the other artists at the time. Maybe lack or BUNBUN, but I think the discussion was how the artist's art did feel right in FEH, but looked fine for F/GO. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong.

Makes me wonder what character is going to get the inevitable Ippei treatment.
Lachesis. It should be Lachesis. Seriously though, Soeda Ippei has drawn female characters like Niime, but I want to see a female character drawn by him for FEH. Maybe Reina if not Niime if she ever makes it in. Also, his wife whose name and tag I don't remember has worked on Cipher before.

Thanks! Echidna is such a great unit and I was finally able to finish her last week or so. I've been wanting a high spd/res axe infantry for a long time (not Libra sorry), so Echidna was essentially perfect for me. She's super flexible and I use her in Arena and Light Season AR. B!Lucina gives her instant Sol on retaliation and Repel is basically cheating, but I've been thinking of switching over to Wo Gùn/Noontime due to her mediocre atk. I highly recommend you build her if you can get enough copies, though!
If only the game would give me copies of Echidna or green orbs. I have only summoned two copies of Echidna where granted, she was a recent unit. Then again, Mordecai and Thea exist with their only two copies selves. Meanwhile, Reyson who is slowly, but surely building up an army of angry herons. Luckily the first Echidna I summoned was +Spd, -HP, so she got instant promoted and spectrum Brazen was fun during the recent TT. Second one was neutral and immediately promoted to be merged into the first one.

For skills, if not Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt which requires summoning another Nailah and that's not happening anytime soon, I asked around and Lull Atk/Spd seems like a good B passive since it helps her improve on her speed and mixed bulk. Problem is that I need at least two copies of Perceval or Sirius and I'm more inclined to sack Sirius over Perceval who has good mixed bulk for a lance cavalry. Ferdinand ended up being Perceval without a personal lance and who traded speed resistance and for more HP and defense. Yippee for Ferdinand von Aegir, the noblest of nobles... Alm & Celica have Lull Atk/Spd too, but they're a duo hero, they're dumb, and another axe speedy infantry that would be useful to have around.

Eventually, Barrier Axe would be nice, but I'm not too confident with how the developers have been handling inheritable axes. Poleaxe was introduced through Gerome as a grail unit, Firesweep Axe is currently 5* locked, and Guard Axe and Hack-o'-Lantern are grails only. Poleaxe isn't that great, but it would have been nice if it and Zanbato were obtainable by now in the 3* to 4* summoning pool. Gerik's a strong unit with three passives, but it took so long for Firesweep Axe to be added that it's a bit annoying. I get why they still want Firesweep Bow to be 5*-locked and stuck with Faye who does not show up in new heroes banners as an off-focus 5*, but come on and it's not like it or any of the other melee Firesweep weapons would be as abusive as Firesweep Bow. None of the Guard weapons that were introduced are in the 4* summoning pool, so whatever on that and at least axes can always get either through the grail shop, but using the grail shop for skills to me seems like a waste due to the 20 copies cap and how long it can take to build up enough grails to purchase another copy of a grail unit.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
It's not like Pikomaro who is inconsistent for FEH with Pikomaro's Lloyd being the most infamous while having good art for work outside of FEH or AKIRA and Yura whose art "improve each time".
Okay, looking at Yura's work honestly it seems more like general inconsistency. OG Niles honestly looks pretty dang good imo and could easily of been drawn at the same time as his Halloween variant. Subaki on the other hand just looks weird. Likewise Clarisse has always had this unflattering face, but Navarre is still one of the prettiest characters in the game.

Looking at it more, I think it's just Clarisse's face that's bad. Subaki's real problem is his hair just has this awful texture to it, but that's clearly a stylistic decision for that particular character and he's uniformly good at adding accessories and personality to the outfits.

Also, Lorde using the english names. WE'VE RUINED HA :(

My guess is they possibly were given more time or gotten used to an idea of what they want to do for FEH. Early on, I remember people saying one of the artists worked on Fate/Grand Order before FEH and I think it was AKIRA who they were talking about considering AKIRA's peculiar style compared to the other artists at the time. Maybe lack or BUNBUN, but I think the discussion was how the artist's art did feel right in FEH, but looked fine for F/GO. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong.
Turns out there's actually little overlap between FEH and FGO, and even less if you just look at the artists who've drawn servants.

You'd have to be talking about either AKIRA or BUNBUN as they're the only two to have drawn launch characters in both games.

AKIRA drew the two elder Gorgon sisters Stheno and Euryale along with Assassin!Emiya, but not much else since the game released. His most popular CE would be Fragment of 2030, but even that came out like two months into the game and his anniversary CE isn't really anything to write home about.

All in all, I'd rank Flier!Olivia and Astram over any of his FGO work. Emiya does have some major Lon'qu vibes looking at them side-by-side though.

BUNBUN is the only regular contributor to both games. In FEH, he did OG!Roy and Lilina, Valentine's Roy and Lilina, and Summer Lilina. In FGO he did Alexander who was a launch servant, Mysterious Heroine X (MHX) who was the star of one of the first Events, Mysterious Heroine X Alter (MHXA), and Mysterious Heroine XX (MHXX). From the CEs he's definitely improved over time, with this as an example of a male character and this as one of the latest anniversary CEs.

Does any of that jog your memory?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'd totally build Sophia if her refine was actually super good/useful enough for tanking. It's kinda bleh since she's a min-max unit but most of her stats are in HP lmaorip.

I'm holding out hope for Lyon tho.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wow I really haven't posted anything in over a month? Well hi again!
First, we hit page 100 and nobody noticed? smh.
~ HAPPY 100 PAGES!! ~

As for me, well a lot has happened!
So first off, I was accepted to a class-internship thing at Ames Research Center! I really ran on 3 hours of sleep every day for a week just to spend all of the other hours coding a lego rover to move in a straight line and I enjoyed it.
(Also click the tweet, the reply has good pictures)

Second thing, in Dragalia I just got Curran to 10,000 might, and he's the first character I've gotten to 10k might.
He's RIDICULOUSLY fun to play with this much investment into him. His axe basically has Dragalia Hasty Attacks on it so of course I'm going to be all over that. He's been able to deal half a million damage in a single skill. It feels unfair, and I get to do this with my favorite character for once. Now can best gorl Lucretia get some buffs and/or a spiral??? The gorl has been outclassed by several 3 stars, this isn't fair.

And what else... my college is the only one around here that hasn't been closed due to the virus. I really could've taken some time off to make up for the chapter of calculus I missed while I was at Ames and to work on writing that 60 page essay on the pros and cons of gun control for debate class and to grind out all of the materials to get Curran to 10,000 might but NOOOOOOO we have to be special.
w.e. I'm finished with all of it now.

Sooooo how have the other gorls been? :secretkpop:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've dug myself so deep into the Custom YGO Card making thing.

AND I CAN'T GET OUT!

1584268552211.png

1584268573960.png

1584268617121.png

1584268642879.png

1584268650205.png

1584268676790.png

1584268688822.png

1584268743817.png

Also, I've been thinking about my favourite JRPG of all time, Grandia. What if it actually got an anime series?

Hear me out on this, but since it is around 50 - 60 hours long, they could easily make it a 52 episode series. There's so much lore, world building, characters and so on that they could utilise from the game and even further develop. Hell, there was a cut story piece that was thought up during the planning phase, but that part of the story became an optional dungeon, just without the story.

But what would've happened was while Justin, Feena, Rapp and Milda are camping out for the night in Zil Desert, they're greeted by the spirit of a young woman, who pleads for their help to release her loved one from a curse. After agreeing to help, Justin and friends follow the spirit to the Castle of Illusions, a mysterious structure on the outskirts of the desert infested with ghosts and the undead, after making their way through the dungeon, they soon run into the spirit's beloved who they must defeat in battle. After defeating him, he is revealed to be the spirit of a prince, after reuniting with the spirit of the young woman, they thank Justin, Feena, Rapp and Milda. And just before they leave, the two spirits open two big doors leading a balcony, looking over the desert and the full moon out. The spirits possess Justin and Feena, with one of them even making Feena wear a ball gown as well. And both Justin and Feena dance under the starry night sky, while Rapp and Milda watch from the side, Rapp not that interested and Milda teasing him. After that, they would've proceeded on to Zil Padon.

I really want to know why this part of the story was cut. Did it not fit in line with what was going on plot wise? (Justin and co. having to visit Laine Village) Or was there enough character development between Justin and Feena? It's something I would love to know but I don't think we'll get any confirmations on it for now. So... Oof.

1584269365750.png

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
OG Niles honestly looks pretty dang good imo
Honestly I agree with you, but I've seen a number of people on the FEH subreddit trashing his art. My one complaint about it is how janky some of the fingers are on the hand near his chest in his neutral art. Other than that, I think Yura did pretty well with Niles; his tongue peeping out in his crit activation art is just *chef's kiss*

I still think Halloween Niles is Yura's best work, but Leanne is a very close second. Reyson unfortunately has a weird nose (which is a common complain I see about Yura's art), so he can't compare to his sister.

Also, Lorde using the english names. WE'VE RUINED HA :(
Most of the reason I used the JP Fates names anyway was because I first played on translated JP copies of BR/CQ so I didn't know most of their English names for a while. Posting on the FEH subreddit kinda forced me to use the localized names since no one would know to which unit I was referring if I said something like Nishiki or Flannel. However, people on that subreddit are dumb so I should probably just stop caring and do whatever I want.

There really are a lot of JP names I prefer like Zero>Niles, Flannel>Keaton, Marx>Xander, Aqua>Azura, Joker>Jakob, Luna>Selena, Elfie>Effie, etc. I also think Beruka is kinda dumb and should've been localized as Belka, but what do I know? They definitely should've keep Laslow's name as Lazward too lmao

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Wow I really haven't posted anything in over a month? Well hi again!
First, we hit page 100 and nobody noticed? smh.
~ HAPPY 100 PAGES!! ~

As for me, well a lot has happened!
So first off, I was accepted to a class-internship thing at Ames Research Center! I really ran on 3 hours of sleep every day for a week just to spend all of the other hours coding a lego rover to move in a straight line and I enjoyed it.
(Also click the tweet, the reply has good pictures)

Second thing, in Dragalia I just got Curran to 10,000 might, and he's the first character I've gotten to 10k might.
He's RIDICULOUSLY fun to play with this much investment into him. His axe basically has Dragalia Hasty Attacks on it so of course I'm going to be all over that. He's been able to deal half a million damage in a single skill. It feels unfair, and I get to do this with my favorite character for once. Now can best gorl Lucretia get some buffs and/or a spiral??? The gorl has been outclassed by several 3 stars, this isn't fair.

And what else... my college is the only one around here that hasn't been closed due to the virus. I really could've taken some time off to make up for the chapter of calculus I missed while I was at Ames and to work on writing that 60 page essay on the pros and cons of gun control for debate class and to grind out all of the materials to get Curran to 10,000 might but NOOOOOOO we have to be special.
w.e. I'm finished with all of it now.

Sooooo how have the other gorls been? :secretkpop:
What's the Ames Research Centre about? Sounds like what you're doing is pretty interesting.

As for myself all schools and colleges are closed in Ireland so I'm stuck at home. COVID-19 isn't overly dangerous here yet, 2 people have died so far but they already had underlying conditions. I secretly like being at home because it's nicer to work in a comfortable environment.

That's me anyways. I hope you get some sleep to make up for that week :cheep:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
As for myself all schools and colleges are closed in Ireland so I'm stuck at home. COVID-19 isn't overly dangerous here yet, 2 people have died so far but they already had underlying conditions. I secretly like being at home because it's nicer to work in a comfortable environment.

I actually study from home myself, been doing that for University for a while now. So I'm okay. Just stay safe, same goes with all y'all!

Also, have some more card from myself.

1584442361609.png

1584442370320.png

1584442383562.png

1584442391270.png

1584442400394.png

And going on with Fire Emblem. I'm at the Final Map in Echoes, however I think I may be too weak for it. Then again, I'm boned anyway, since I saved in the Final Map. Oh well, I'll just keep at it until I defeat the final boss! Also, UNICLR got updated. rip Enkidu, he got too close to the sun. Oof.

1584442453643.png

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I found out about that around 90 animators collaborated to reanimate The Dover Boys. Watched it several days ago and it was interesting. At first, I didn't know what was going on since I clicked a link to watch a full video of The Dover Boys. At first, I thought it was simply a fan animation, but then as it went on, it started to sink in that it was more than that. Checking the description after watching it explained everything. Give it a watch if you have time to spare. Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0U8iL38xfM.

Another thing, The Dragon Prince seems intriguing. Apparently Sokka's voice actor, James DeSena, voices Callum. And Amaya is badass.

Late reply to this.
Does any of that jog your memory?
Unfortunately, no, but I do think it might have been AKIRA given AKIRA's art style and as you noted that AKIRA and BUNBUN were the only two to have worked on the launch characters' artwork for both FEH and F/GO.

Regarding Yura's art, the only weird thing for me is Niles's skin color. It looks like it's a bit greener or grey-greener than it should be.

Dat Narcian tho
Bara bunny daddy Bartre tho.

For real, though, spring Bartre's artist makes him look like he came out of a comic book. If they ever make an Arthur alt and they want to use a different artist, then spring Bartre's artist would be a great pick along with AKIRA.

I was going to say something about it being hilarious if they kept Bartre's stat line, specifically, his low resistance and dumped everything into his other stats, but the update dropped already as I was posting this and Bartre's like... a gen 4 Alfonse. More so than Lif as Lif kind of has speed to not get doubled -- well, whatever 30 base neutral speed can get him to avoid doubles -- whereas Alfonse is slow and bulky. Laslow and Seliph are comparable as well along with Chrom and Hinata who have low resistance or summer Helbindi who dumped his speed for resistance.
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/fkj6b5/familial_festivities_lvl_1_and_40_stats/.

Continuing where I left off with spring Bartre, his 46 HP, 40 Atk, 26 Spd, 35 Def, and 25 Res gives him 172 BST. He's the first sword infantry with 40 base neutral attack, but since he's a TT unit, he doesn't have access to assets and flaws. There's also the issue of him not having a personal weapon as CYL Alm, Lif, and Shannan have 38 base neutral attack and the 16 Mt from their personal swords evens out their total attack to be the same as spring Bartre's with his default or any 14 Mt inheritable sword. +Atk Soleil who has 41 base attack will effectively have the same base attack as a merged spring Bartre as HP, Atk, and Def are his highest level 1 stats, so they will go up by 5 after 10 merges giving him 45 base attack.

Compared to his regular self, -3 HP, +4 Atk, +1 Spd, +2 Def, +12 Res. They dumped stat points into his resistance instead of making him stupidly lopsided. Compared to Alfonse, +3 HP, +5 Atk, +1 Spd, +3 Def, and +3 Res. In terms of bulk, spring Bartre is actually a +HP, +Def, and +Res Alfonse.

Spring Idunn & Fae's 46 HP, 37 Atk, 26 Spd, 37 Def, and 38 Res gives them 184 BST. Compared to Idunn, +1 HP, +2 Atk, -2 Def, +4 Res and compared to spoopy Myrrh the only other red dragon in the game, -1 Atk, +3 Spd, -3 Def, and +6 Res. So, more resistance compared to the other two, but slightly lower defense in return.

Spring Fir's 39 HP, 35 Atk, 41 Spd, 28 Def, and 24 Res gives her 167 BST. Compared to her regular self, -2 HP, +10 Atk, +5 Spd, +4 Def, -7 Res. She's our first fast, high offenses axe flier since forever. The last axe flier with similar stat spread to her was summer Innes who was released on June 21, 2018. Compared to summer Innes, -3 HP, +2 Atk, +4 Spd, -2 Def, and +4 Res.

Spring Est's 39 HP, 38 Atk, 35 Spd, 17 Def, and 26 Res gives her 155 BST. Compared to her regular self, +3 HP, +3 Atk, +5 Spd, -7 Def, and -6 Res. She has the highest base neutral attack of blue tome fliers now. Offensively, she's summer Laegjarn with swapped attack and speed.

BRRREATHTAKING Narcian's 43 HP, 35 Atk, 34 Spd, 37 Def, and 18 Res gives him a glorious 167 BST. He's... Cordelia before the resplendent thing happened giving her 37/37 neutral offenses. On the bright side, his BST is factored into arena unlike any of the resplendent heroes whose +2 to all their stats is just that: +2 to all their stats. That's in terms of offense as they had to snub him 1 point of speed from letting him have 35/35 neutral offenses or even 35/36 like hot springs Ryoma. A closer comparison would be Cormag and Valter given he shares their low resistance, but neither of them are summonable, so they do not have access to assets or flaws. Now, compared to his other magnificent axe-wielding self, +1 HP, +6 Atk, +5 Spd, +5 Def, and -8 Res.

Edit: They come again to haunt me.
3* M!Corrin: +Atk, -Def.
4* Fae: +Atk, -Def.
5* Kliff: +Atk, -Res.
5* Nah: neutral.
3* Tanya: +Def, -Spd.
4* Catria: +Res, -HP.
4* Cherche: +Spd, -Res.
4* Jeorge: +HP, -Res.
4* Lissa: +Def, -Spd.
4* Reinhardt: +Atk, -HP.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
What's the Ames Research Centre about? Sounds like what you're doing is pretty interesting.
Well it's NASA so they do a bit of everything really. But their main focus is on aeronautics with the billions of wind tunnels they have over there. We didn't really focus on any specific area while I was there, it was more general so that you were able to see a bit of everything (like the robotics lab, the astrobio lab, the VMS which was my favorite thing there, and some other cool stuff).
And I'm glad I got one of the earlier dates since all of the future ones have been canceled thanks to the virus.

Yeah everything here closed the day after I posted that, oh well :p
I'll be more okay staying at home once Pirate Warriors comes out next week, but until then it's going by slllloooowwwllllyyyy. I'm redownloading Overwatch rn and this is gonna be the first time in about a year since I've played it. I've missed so much. wtf is a role queue.

Edit: WAIT this is the 4,000th post on the thread! Kaito Momota.

Last edited:
Top Bottom