• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
It is almost time my dudes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Also, I've been thinking up custom cards for YGO again for some reason. And I've actually been using a proper YGO Card Maker, except it doesn't have the designs for Link Summoning, oh well. I can still leave these here anyway and the Archetype I've made. :yeahboi:

Archetype: LaMoon

1579172307302.png
1579171820462.png
1579171837846.png
1579171853318.png
1579171873953.png

1579172699773.png

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Calling it...

Another balance patch, another day/week/month/year of disappointment for Zeldas.

It's a great way of living:secretkpop:.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Also, I've been thinking up custom cards for YGO again for some reason. And I've actually been using a proper YGO Card Maker, except it doesn't have the designs for Link Summoning, oh well. I can still leave these here anyway and the Archetype I've made. :yeahboi:

Archetype: LaMoon

I remember coming up with YGO cards. I had an entire series of Numbers, all with different effects.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I think the best aspect of Byleth's addition is how salty people are on reddit/twitter about it

"We wanted a big reveal like Geno or Waluigi" lmao

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I think the best aspect of Byleth's addition is how salty people are on reddit/twitter about it

"We wanted a big reveal like Geno or Waluigi" lmao
idk, the part where Sothis is like "lmao you're getting your butt kicked because there are too many sword users in Smash??? Here's some not-swords, nerds." is way better than the inevitable inevitable thought that would have happened regardless during the reveal.

Smash knows dem memez.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
oops back after a few weeks. To start off, Byleth is cool and I think I'm gonna copy what I do for Wii Fit and use both the male and female versions because idk I like them both and I can't choose just one. I'm mostly excited because the characters I actually want have basically no chance at getting in and nobody knows who they are, so this is the closest I'm going to get to a character I wanna see. Also the music, that's important too.
But really if I got to choose the next 6, the general reaction to all of them would be "who is this" because...

...yeah. None of them are happening but it's fun to imagine.
I really like how unintentionally balanced I made this selection too? 3 males and 3 females. 2 action game characters, 2 RPG characters, and 2 fighting game characters. ~ v a r i e t y ~

Anyways I finally got started on Astral Chain, so here's a paragraph or 2 on that!
FIRST, LOOK AT MY PURPLE THOT :]

Okay that's out of the way. The gameplay is crazy fun and that's about it. Characters, story, music, all of it was nice but forgettable imo. But the combat is REALLY good, and probably my favorite out of Bayo/W101/DMC/etc. There's so much that was done to make S+ ranks (the new Pure Plat) easier to get but I think they may be a bit too easy now?? Each chapter has several checkpoints that you can just jump into, and you can quit out of the level at any time and everything will be saved. For scoring, it'll just use your highest score for each verse (even if each individual score is from a different run) so to get S+ on a chapter you just need to get S+ on each verse once now, even if they're all in different runs. Damage isn't an important factor anymore so you can get hit and still get S+ as well (and on Standard mode you can even die and still get S+ lmao). I'm currently trying to S+ the game on Standard mode with how doable it seems now, and I already have a large chunk of the verses done. Haven't tried Ultimate mode yet but I've heard horror stories about it. I really enjoy the slow and heavy weapons in this game, since I don't have to constantly worry about if my attack will land before I get hit. Hit me, I'll just hit back harder and still walk away with an S+.
Biggest complaint would be that chapters are rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy long. The first 2 are fine but everything after that will take 2 hours at least, with some being over 4 hours long. This only matters when going through the game for the first time but wow I just want a break every now and then. But again, you can jump into chapters and leave them at any point when you're replaying them, plus you can skip all of the dialogue and cutscenes since you've seen it all already so that's nice at least.
Overall the game is good, I rate it Play The Wonderful 101/10 :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
idk, the part where Sothis is like "lmao you're getting your butt kicked because there are too many sword users in Smash??? Here's some not-swords, nerds." is way better than the inevitable inevitable thought that would have happened regardless during the reveal.

Smash knows dem memez.
I found it funny that Byleth changed their sex when Sothis asked "What ar you going to do" :^).

I still want a Touhou rep. I like Youmu, but it's going to be Reimu, if at all.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Might as well give my thoughts on Byleth.

I think she looks great. We got the Weapon Triangle represented in Smash which is great. Plus, we also get to see Edelgard's wife do some work. :V

However, due to her slow nature and poor grab range, I think she'll be around Low Tier, unless she has some really good setups and good kill confirms and moves.

Now, am I letdown by this? Not really. I was hoping for Edelgard to make it into Smash instead, but Byleth is a good second pick to be honest. Overall, yeah I'm pleased with this. Might use Byleth and show my pride as a member of the Black Eagles.

Now onto BBTAG stuff, I managed to get a midscreen Astral Combo with Akatsuki, it was a combo I remember seeing on Twitter a while ago, but I managed to replicate it in game, so if I can I will get to posting it on YT soon! :yeahboi:

Here's the route for anyone, and you must be in Level 4 Resonance:
4/6BC>5AAA>5B>214A(Miss)>4A>5AAA>5B>5AA>5BBB>214B>222BC

Or you can instead add another 214A(Miss) and go for 4A>5A>5BBB>214B>222BC and still reach 9 bars from 3.

Oh, I also found a Hard Knockdown for Adachi too. Since here's the thing, while 5C is a universal overhead, it is also useful for hard knockdowns if your opponent is in the air or in an OTG state, so doing that allows you to get oki and setup into anything you want. So something like this for Adachi would work: 5AAA>5B>jAAC>5BBB>5C.

Also, Cress! Cress! , Lil Puddin Lil Puddin . I present these:

1579260924323.png

1579257623252.png

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Edelgard and Claude in the same image?
Hmm....

Also nearly JV4-stocked a Mac. NEARLY.
I'm so mad now ;_;

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Damn man. Is this a new record for how quiet the Zelda Social has been!?

Guess I can use this opportunity to talk about all kinds of other stuff then.

Firstly onto Digimon Cyber Sleuth stuff. I've beaten the Gold Cup now, took me a while since the final Digimon you fight, Flamedramon is really damn powerful and always sets himself up with buffs such as "Acceleration Boost" and "Cross-Counter" before going ham with Flaming Fist, thankfully I did find out that Cross-Counter only works on Physical Attacks, so my Datamon could exploit that and continue to use "Digital Bomb" since it is a Magic Attacker. And I had RizeGreymon use Cross-Counter himself to counter Flamedramon's Flaming Fist.

As of now, I'm trying to get Sistermon Ciel to Level 60 so she can Digivolve into her Ultimate variation, so that'll be interesting to see.

Second of all, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links and Dawn of the Breakers time! :yeahboi:

I managed to unlock the other Legendary Duelist from the DSOD World, Scud. You had to have 300 Cards Banished, I thought that would take some time, however I think because I played Amazoness Decks before they got nerfed and I did dabble with Ghostricks as well, they allowed me to easily accumulate that total sooner than I expected, same goes with fighting that one Dragon Archetype that is all about banishing. And I am very close to completing my Thunder Dragon deck, I just need one more copy of Dragonduo and then I am all set.

Now onto Dawn of the Breakers stuff, the game FINALLY gave me an Event SR I wanted from the current banner (Took them long enough, lol). Named Beauty of Nature which I'll leave an image of in Spoilers.

1579603889999.png

Just glad they finally gave me an SR from the banner, hopefully I can get the others like Shiranui. Fingers crossed. Also, they FINALLY increased the cap of the Stamina Drinks we can use. I have close to 999 Minor Stamina Drinks which give 10 Stamina Points, so I can use that to reach 990 quickly and then burn through all of those to grind for materials and other items, finally I'm no longer hoarding these Stamina Drinks, feelsgoodman.

Last but not least, is Fire Emblem: Three Houses stuff. Which I'll leave in a spoiler again.

For whatever reason... I've been writing up a script of a "Revelations" route in Three Houses, where almost no one dies. So far, I've written up a scenario in a way that a script and roleplayer would write starting from Chapter 11, where Golden Deer and Black Eagles stop those who slither in the dark from stealing the Relics, and then reveal the Flame Knight to be Edelgard. However instead of being told to kill her, Claude and Byleth believe (Or Claude knows) that Edelgard is lying about her goal of stealing the Relics. So he and Byleth instead side with Edelgard to get to the real truth, causing the Alliance and the Empire to form an alliance of their own and go under the name "The Merigold Griffons", the path will probably be called "Canary Sun".

They then attack Garreg Mach, claim it victoriously and then the usual, Byleth sleeps for five years and reunites with Claude and Edelgard in the Goddess Tower, who explains to them what happened and where Rhea and Dimitri are. Along with the fact that Hubert went missing two years ago (He went on an undercover mission and hasn't returned since. Either being kidnapped or tortured by the Church or the Blue Lions), Bernadetta, Lorenz and Hilda are missing as well and both plan on rescuing them all first before taking down Rhea, then those who slither in the dark.

Also, UNICLR was shown as Frosty Faustings XII, it looks great and I'm super excited for Enkidu! THE BOY GOT BUFFED!

1579604419665.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
tbh idc much about Byleth's entry... Unless they have some top tier recolors, that is.

I'm more focused on Overwatch's Chinese New Year until I get all the stuff. Gimme them outfits and shiny things eeeeeeeeeee.

For Pokemon Shield I beat the game 2 days ago but I'm still playing it for some reason AND THE WOOLOO ROLLING AT THE END WAS THE BEST ENDING EVER BY DEFAULT OF 2020. atm I am just farming money for clothes. I am sad I can't change my character's skin color, but w/e. I will just get the gorls I love to to level 100 and hyper train them adequately.

AND JUST A FEW MORE HOURS UNTIL NEW TT!!! I am probably going to build that sword boi and give him a Barrier Blade. He's a decent looking red tank unit. Unless Lyon comes around with a good refine that rivals Henry's.

I didn't know the new DLC for FE3H was out but that's because I stopped on CH17 of my BL/2nd playthrough... So it's whatever. The monastery part really drains the game for me. Byleth should be able to run x2 faster to make it less of a slog. Making the place much smaller/with less dead space would've been a good option. Anyway, it's obvious the G-Reaper-Alt that EODM07 EODM07 pointed out is the best boi. idk who he is, but he is the best boi and I guess I will marry him in Claude's route. Whenever I get around to that. Maybe never??? idk

ALSO!!! @ all gorls, tag yourselves.:secretkpop:

I'm SIP/#1, ofc.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
tbh idc much about Byleth's entry... Unless they have some top tier recolors, that is.
They've already revealed all of Byleth's palettes and they're...not great. We get Dimitri and Claude recolors of M!Byleth, while F!Byleth has Edelgard and Sothis palettes. The last palette for each sex is the exact same as default except with the spoilery hair and eye color (aka green instead of teal) you get after a certain thing occurs in the story. Here's an image of them I found on the wiki:
edit: i forgot SWF breaks images so here's a link

I'm more focused on Overwatch's Chinese New Year until I get all the stuff. Gimme them outfits and shiny things eeeeeeeeeee.
Speaking of which, I somehow got the best one (Sombra's new facechanger skin) from my free lootbox that they give you for logging in during the event. Yesterday I got Moira's new skin from one of my arcade lootboxes, so I got everything I needed from this event tbh. I do like the new Winston skin, though, and I'll probably switch to it once I can since I missed out on the gargoyle one from last anniversary. Unless Ana gets a random Archives skin, I'll just probably stockpile my coins for this years anniversary event.

Anyway, it's obvious the G-Reaper-Alt that EODM07 EODM07 EODM07 EODM07 pointed out is the best boi. idk who he is, but he is the best boi and I guess I will marry him in Claude's route.
I assume you're referring to Balthus (the muscular one)? It's really lame that Yuri is the bi option instead of him. Why is IS so afraid to give the gays what we want? I just want a muscular guy to S support, not another twink a la Linhardt or this new Leon2.0.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Don't let Byleth joining distract you from the fact Sakurai went on a 30 second tangent to talk about how disappointed he was that they didn't make BOTW Zelda combat ready for Smash.

inb4 Playable BOTW2 Zelda in next Fighters pass?

They've already revealed all of Byleth's palettes and they're...not great. We get Dimitri and Claude recolors of M!Byleth, while F!Byleth has Edelgard and Sothis palettes. The last palette for each sex is the exact same as default except with the spoilery hair and eye color (aka green instead of teal) you get after a certain thing occurs in the story. Here's an image of them I found on the wiki:
TBH the problem is really just the last two.

When we've got "Pacman with Plaid Oven Mitts", "Navy Sonic", and "Cloud in a Blacker Sweater", I'd say 6 out of 8 is pretty solid.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Today was my first day back to college!
Except that the professor himself didn't even show up!
10/10, would do nothing again!
ALSO!!! @ all gorls, tag yourselves.:secretkpop:

I'm SIP/#1, ofc.
I'm calling dibs on the upside down, I do that a lot already.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I am putting way too much effort and time into this "Revelations" script I made for Three Houses. :V

So I guess I can talk about it a bit.

So far, I have written one of the chapters involves Byleth, Edelgard and Claude who have now formed an alliance called "Merigold Griffons" and during Byleth's sleep. Hubert had gone missing two years prior, Bernadetta, Lorenz and Hilda also disappeared as well.

They manage to rescue Bernadetta from some bandits who also started a forest fire to limit their movement, so they have to protect Bernadetta while getting her to the goal.

I assume that Hilda will be fending off those who slither in the dark in one of the villages. And Lorenz would be trying to convince members of the Blue Lions to join, but to no avail.

And then comes Chapter 18. Where the alliance between Leicester and Adrestian take on Faerghus and the Church. Dimitri fighting alongside the Immaculate One. Finally ending with Edelgard and Claude revealing the truth of what Rhea and the Church have done, Rhea confirming that it is true.

I assume there will be one Paralogue I have in mind, where Cyril wishes to find Rhea who went into hiding afterwards. They eventually find her hiding along with Seteth and Flayn, however Flayn gets into trouble with members of those who slither in the dark while she was fishing. So Byleth, Edelgard, Claude and Cyril go to help Rhea, Seteth and Flayn. Probably also the only way to recruit them in this path. :V

...I am SERIOUSLY thinking about this way too much, lol.

Also, with EVO Japan starting this Friday, what games are you all gonna check out? I'm planning to watch BBTAG as usual, I am optimistic that there will be some BBTAG content revealed afterwards, preferably some new fighters. That's all.

1579692474171.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Fit? Check.
Purple hair?

Confident?
Pure boi?

Top tier champion?
Hot boi?

I am still playing Pogeymon and I'm surprised. I must say I am super bummed I didn't get Sword. Sword has the OP legendary. Shield has the Doubles-OP legendary which is lame imo. A lot of the gorls on GFAQs are super dope tho! People reset their shiny raids so as many gorls as possible can get shiny Pokemon. I was able to get a shiny giga Hulk boi. So that's neat! The catch rates on Gmax Pokemon that aren't from your dens are very poor. I tried to get a shiny G-Gengar but she kept breaking out of the Dusk Balls. Dusk Balls have a 3x catch rate at night or in caves, which iirc the dens count as caves anyway.

The shiny dens are so frequent that nobody really cares to trade for shinies caught in Masterballs. Everyone wants them designer pokeballs, like with the colorful sparkles or moons or whatever. Which is how it should be. It's OK to fail while aiming for maximum aesthetics. It's not OK to succeed with 0% aesthetics. Though a Masterball would be aesthetically acceptable with a shiny giga Lapras or HatHair-ForestWitch-LadyThing.

SIDE ANNOUNCEMENT JUST IN CASE YOU GORLS DIDN'T KNOW!!! FEH is officially FE15. Said by poppop Sakurai.
Sooooooooooo... Ya. All those wholesome moments with older FE characters? Canon. All that crap the Askr crew does? Canon. That makes Alfonse the canonically most bad ass gorl in the entire series. And the bulgiest, meaning the canon is not G-rated. Hello, 911, I've got a crime to report.

Speaking of FEH I'm sitting on 180k feathers so I'm ready for any husbando who gets a great refine. Also, I summoned that loser Tuba but thankfully Caeda being there makes Tuba less of a loser-pull. It's hilarious how OP all the units are. Itsuki is a precious boi and he easily invalidates Hinata and Alfonse. He's almost as good as BeachBoi Helbindi in terms of being the bulkiest red infantry.
edit: i forgot SWF breaks images so here's a link
I'm pretty sure the spoilery Byleths are also Seteth/Flayn alts. But I suppose the color options are decent. I must say, I do like how different Byleth's outfit looks when compared to the other Fire Emblem characters. Perhaps because their colors aren't too saturated? Or perhaps it's the resting :| face that just makes them look better. idk

Speaking of which, I somehow got the best one (Sombra's new facechanger skin) from my free lootbox that they give you for logging in during the event. Yesterday I got Moira's new skin from one of my arcade lootboxes, so I got everything I needed from this event tbh. I do like the new Winston skin, though, and I'll probably switch to it once I can since I missed out on the gargoyle one from last anniversary. Unless Ana gets a random Archives skin, I'll just probably stockpile my coins for this years anniversary event.
Sombra's skin is hella OP, like, the polar opposite of her kit OP! :^)

I don't like too many of the skins this round. They're all pretty cool, but meh. tbf their CNY event hasn't ever been super amazing in terms of costumes or content. Which I suppose is fair since Archives/Anniversary is their next event and that's usually dummy-thicc in terms of content/pretty stuff. Maybe we'll get OW2 this anniversery.

I assume you're referring to Balthus (the muscular one)? It's really lame that Yuri is the bi option instead of him. Why is IS so afraid to give the gays what we want? I just want a muscular guy to S support, not another twink a la Linhardt or this new Leon2.0.
lol gay option named Yuri jajajajajaaaaaaaa

But I'll be F!Byleth. Nobody in Claude's route is intriguing or husbando/waifu worthy. Blue Lions has Dmitri and Mercie so that's easy. Black Eagles isn't as easy because everyone but Dummygard is husbando/waifu worthy. Yes, even the creep Hubert who's only that way because of his supreme dedication. So he's a true ride or die husbando and that's top tier. He's also spooky victorian goth so that's neat. As for Golden Deer... Meh. But tbf I haven't played that route so maybe my mind will be changed. All I know is that Raph is super precious but he's not a husbando - he's a son that you should adopt asap (along with his sister ofc).

Don't let Byleth joining distract you from the fact Sakurai went on a 30 second tangent to talk about how disappointed he was that they didn't make BOTW Zelda combat ready for Smash.

inb4 Playable BOTW2 Zelda in next Fighters pass?
Hey a Zelda alt would be great. This way we could get a viable version of Zelda! :secretkpop:

It'd be totally fair since Link gets 3 versions, may as well let Zelda have 3 versions too. Except unlike Link, all her playstyles are drastically different. Y'know, 1 is tedious+fast but viable, 1 is fun+slow but awful, so the 3rd playstyle can be something in between. Fun AND viable!!! AMAZING. :^)))

Today was my first day back to college!
Except that the professor himself didn't even show up!
10/10, would do nothing again!

I'm calling dibs on the upside down, I do that a lot already.
Congratz on continuing your education College is bad. Drop out and become a forest witch instead. You get to wear whatever you want, but you'll die either at age 30 or age 130. On the plus side, after you die you get to haunt the woods to torment people with only mildly troubled pasts. Y'know, just totally chill and normal stuff.

Also upside down is OK but then you can never wear hats without pins. rip

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Byleth being the last of the first character pass is all right I guess. I didn't watch or check any news on Byleth's Smash reveal, but it seems like Byleth uses different weapons in addition to the Sword of the Creator being a whip sword? That's fine, but at the same time I wished that they had put in a Fire Emblem character who was a non-sword wielder. Sure, Byleth's the most recent protagonist, but Celica as a mage would have been nice, Micaiah as another mage candidate, any of the Three House leaders would be fine too as they specialize in different weapons, or freaking Hector or even Reinhardt for the memes. It's kind of dumb and in a hilarious way that all the playable Fire Emblem characters in Smash are primarily sword users just like in the Fire Emblem series where most of the lords are sword-locked.

So, that Kingdom Hearts III DLC. Things are about to get more convoluted. I remember the days when Kingdom Hearts was friendship and good and evil.

Speaking of FEH I'm sitting on 180k feathers so I'm ready for any husbando who gets a great refine.
Maybe I should spend some feathers...

This is old, but the winter TT's final map theme is really cool. Another FEH uses great music from the main series. It's "The Spirit Dais" and the singing reminds me of mantras. I don't know if the lyrics are in an actual language or if they made up a language or chanted sounds. Regardless of what they did, "The Spirit Dais" does sound mystical and I guess religious.

4* L'Arachel: +Res, -Atk.

4* Lilina: +Spd, -HP.

3* Priscilla: +HP, -Spd.

4* Reinhardt: +Res, -Spd.

3* Tanya: +Res, -Def.
5* Eleonora: +Atk, -HP. Hey, it's the most fabulous unit on the banner because of Virion.

4* Draug: +Res, -HP.

4* Ogma: +Res, -Spd.

4* Raven: +Res, -Def.

4* Silas: +Spd, -Res.

Edit: Mahalia's "What You Did feat. Ella Mai" is pretty nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvFIWwBNJAQ. Romance song for Zelda?

Another of La Félix's works, "Healing feat. glasscat", and as noted before, no YouTube channel. It's groovy, fun song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3JYB3CMA2M.
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/lafelix/la-felix-healingfeat-glasscat-1.

For something chill, CIKI's "Syndrome": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOPqQ6-63v8. There's a Zelda-related surprise in this song. "Baby Crush" is good too, but it's not on an official channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDMxZWbmoIo.

It's been a while since I posted indie Korean music. The one song I remember is The Black Skirts' "Hollywood": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKroJiUR1Ag. I wonder if anyone remembers that one if they listened to it before?

And this might be a bit too risque because of the outfit, but AISHA's "SHYでもいいよ" is interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxYEyl1nQ34. I'm not sure how to describe it. Hip hop, but sung in Japanese?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Does anyone still care about FE Warriors? Of course not, but here's a tier list anyways. This was made in 5 minutes bc I was bored and I'm going to disagree with half of it by tomorrow so yea.
This is purely just rating movesets, I'm ignoring stats (although I am considering movement since that is tied to the moveset).

I do at least feel satisfied with the tiers everyone is in, I think the only thing that may nag me is moving characters around within their tier. But everyone that isn't Corrin is great anyways so really just play who you like.
Also, with EVO Japan starting this Friday, what games are you all gonna check out? I'm planning to watch BBTAG as usual, I am optimistic that there will be some BBTAG content revealed afterwards, preferably some new fighters. That's all.
I forgot that was happening! I prob won't watch it live but I'll absolutely look up some BBTAG highlights afterwards.
SIDE ANNOUNCEMENT JUST IN CASE YOU GORLS DIDN'T KNOW!!! FEH is officially FE15. Said by poppop Sakurai.
Sooooooooooo... Ya. All those wholesome moments with older FE characters? Canon. All that crap the Askr crew does? Canon. That makes Alfonse the canonically most bad ass gorl in the entire series. And the bulgiest, meaning the canon is not G-rated. Hello, 911, I've got a crime to report.
I can't believe that me killing Gaius so that I could give Clarisse a lollipop so that she would feel better is canon now, I love this series!
But I'll be F!Byleth. Nobody in Claude's route is intriguing or husbando/waifu worthy. Blue Lions has Dmitri and Mercie so that's easy. Black Eagles isn't as easy because everyone but Dummygard is husbando/waifu worthy. Yes, even the creep Hubert who's only that way because of his supreme dedication. So he's a true ride or die husbando and that's top tier. He's also spooky victorian goth so that's neat. As for Golden Deer... Meh. But tbf I haven't played that route so maybe my mind will be changed. All I know is that Raph is super precious but he's not a husbando - he's a son that you should adopt asap (along with his sister ofc).
Marianne is best gorl btw
Congratz on continuing your education College is bad. Drop out and become a forest witch instead. You get to wear whatever you want, but you'll die either at age 30 or age 130. On the plus side, after you die you get to haunt the woods to torment people with only mildly troubled pasts. Y'know, just totally chill and normal stuff.
Is there a wikihow on how to prep for that, thanks in advance
Also upside down is OK but then you can never wear hats without pins. rip
Hats just cover up my flowing hair, why would I do that. The upside down can show their true flow as well so I just see this as a positive.
Also! New Reol album which means more songs to throw onto the BGAL maybe!
Grimoire is my favorite but un deux trois has the most Zelda energy.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I forgot that was happening! I prob won't watch it live but I'll absolutely look up some BBTAG highlights afterwards.
I'm honestly expecting from Top 8 to be about 3 - 4 players using Akihiko, Mitsuru, Ruby or Yumi.

But you never know, we may see someone repping Elizabeth or Adachi. I'll be super stoked if I get to see B Tatsu himself, Akatsuki. I recall before 1.5 dropped when Gordeau was meta, someone reached 5th with Akihiko/Hakumen back at EVO Japan 2019. It was a very interesting team before Akihiko got super buffed to S Tier.

But I am curious on who we may end up seeing in Top 8. Hopefully we'll see some variety and unique teams like we did at Frosty Faustings XII. One other thing I am curious and optimistic about is if we'll see a new trailer for BBTAG after its Top 8 at EVO Japan, if we don't then oh well. It is just one of the those things. If we do get one, oh boy do I hope we get Eltnum, Enkidu and Kokonoe!

Also, speaking of BBTAG. New Under Night trailer. :yeahboi:

1579780942655.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'm only 50 Pogeymons away from my shiny charm. Then I can hope to find other shiny gmax gorls. So far I have a shiny G-Lapras and G-Machamp. Which is noice. btw who are you gorls voting for in CYL4? I'm voting for Bruno because he would be amazing and it's only fair that Veronica gets her brother back after all this time. :^(

All songs added the B•Gal. Also yay more 80's sounding stuff:

Ffamran Ffamran Shy and Healing are popppin'. Cress! Cress! And ofc REOL is always an ez add.

Is there a wikihow on how to prep for that, thanks in advance
According to Pokemon all you need to do is grow out your hair until you've got a super long Power Ponytail with some eccentricity in it. idk if weave or a wig is acceptable or not. Probably not. Because being a forest witch who can literally get her wig snatched seems like a really easy to banish witch in general.

Super F tier witch. Which is in line with a Zelda main so I guess it's OK??? :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So there's a Steam Sale going on and there's a bunch of stuff on sale right now. :yeahboi:

I was originally going to get RPG Maker MV, buuuut I was literally just short on purchasing it, it's 75% Off anyway, so I went and got two fighting games instead:

Koihime Enbu Ryorairai and Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

I've been interested in Koihime for a bit now and I was stumped on getting either Nitroplus, Garou or UMvC3... I went with Garou, since I heard that Nitroplus flopped so damn hard and I ain't going back to Marvel because I remember that Morrigan and Phoenix exist in that game. So Garou was the next best thing, also Garou recieved an update too which replaced the netcode with rollback. That is. REALLY amazing, so I got that (Also, Garou was one of the games Terry Bogard appeared in). My other alternate choice was going to be Melty Blood, but I mean... The Steam version is terrible.

Now as for who I plan on using, I'm thinking of maining Chou'un in Koihime and B. Jenet in Garou. I'll leave some images of them here.

1579863656255.png

1579863620335.png

Only thing I'll need to do is learn Jenet's Feint Loops and which assist to use with Chou'un.

1579863809460.png

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I managed to watch the Top 8 of BBTAG at EVO Japan. I'll admit, there was a bunch of variety going on which I was all for. Hardly any RWBY represented in Top 8. :yeahboi:

Though that red rat, Ruby was represented the most, about 8 players used her. Oof.

Anyway, I'll leave the results here. :yeahboi:

1st. Kubo (Yumi/Seth)
2nd. DoraBang (Naoto K./Nu-13, Naoto S./Merkava, Chie/Blitztank, etc.)
3rd. nk_P (Chie/Vatista)
4th. Noble (Carmine/Vatista, Carmine/Heart, Akatsuki/Heart)
5th. Shioritori (Yosuke/Seth)
5th. Shige (Orie/Izayoi, Weiss/Orie)
7th. Sakura Yukke (Yumi/Adachi)
7th. Pizamayo (Yuzuriha/Hilda, Blake/Teddie)

I was hoping for DoraBang to win it, since his teams were very unique and interesting to watch. However, Yumi is just. TOO strong for BBTAG right now, she has unburstable combos which do WAY too much damage, so they need to make it so that it is burstable. Plus, she can hit 15k with just 1 bar. Akihiko has to spend 4 or 5 just to hit 18k. That's how badly powerful she is, so the sooner they nerf her, the better so the game can keep healthy competitive wise. Then again, this is one of the first few tournaments for 2.0, so hopefully in the next tournament we'll see some more variety (Since we did have Frosty Faustings XII being BBTAG 2.0's first tournament).

Also, I managed to end up getting RPG Maker MV, which I'm glad I did. So now I can mess about with it and see what I can come up with. And this also conveniently goes into the other games I got during the sale, I found out Koihime Enbu: RyoRaiRai's composer is S.S.H. The same guy who created remixes of Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia), Wily Castle 1 (Mega Man 2) and Leo 05P_SYRINX (Broken Thunder), so I know I'm going to love the OST for it.

Guess I could also think about what if Koihime ends up being the 8th Fate for BBTAG and then come up with a moveset for Chou'un. :V

1580031180320.png

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not sure how spoiler-y this is, but it was fun finding out who voices a particular character in Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind.
Yozora's English voice is Dylan Sprouse who I knew way back as Zack Martin from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. I looked up Yozora and saw who voiced him, but couldn't place the name. Looked it up and holy crap. The deep voice that I could see working for Noctis because Yozora is totally not Noctis and Nomura Tetsuya is totally not trying to make Versus XIII happen in some weird way or for an older Riku is Zack from that old Disney series. Apparently he worked on another game as well; he provided the voice for Alith Anar of Total War: Warhammer II. Cole I know had commentated some Smash matches.

More songs because why not.

"4am" by Ocular: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5mSMwF8uY0. There's a simplicity I guess I would call it that really works well with this piece. It's mainly a guitar? being strummed along with some electronic sounds and piano.

"Fallen Roses (Hannah Jenkins Version)" by Crush: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMwjVjrGq4I.

"Find Me (On The Dancefloor)" by A-P Connection is damn groovy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S28HIbbY28.

"Gideon ft. svny" by LYTA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfbYeNRbz_8. The intro reminds me of a song, but I can't remember what.

Edit: Holy ****. Xion's battle theme in KHIII Re:Mind is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DefyFlGySg. It's a remix of "Vector to the Heavens". I have never heard the original version until after hearing this, but damn.

Part of me wants to track down a copy of 358/2 Days to play it. I don't remember if people said it was a good or bad game, though, considering it did seem like some people were relieved that they made it into a "movie" for the 1.5 HD Remix.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I went and played a sessions of Koihime Enbu: RyoRaiRai last night with some other players, since it was my first time playing.

And good god man, was it a disaster for me, lol. Not as in toxicity, but due to how bad I was playing. I went 1W/22L. That's how bad I was playing. :V

But it was a good experience for me, got to learn a bit more of how it plays and how to play Chou'un.

Gotta remember to use her 2B more and I need to use her Anti-Airs more too, especially her 2C. Since I'm letting my opponents in for free through the air way too much.

Also, lemme explain the combo system in Koihime because it is VERY interesting.

At first, you'll simply be getting small combos and strings, like say 2B>236A or c.B>c.C. But when you hit a Hougeki (6B, 3B, 6C or 3C), that's when combo routes open up entirely. You get a wallbounce, launcher and groundbounce in a Hougeki which you can only use once, but damn man. The damage you can get from them is nuts. One example can be this:

6B>4>Side Switch j.C>c.B>c.C>Microdash j.C>6B>Microdash j.C>3B>Microdash j.C>66 c.B>623A>c.B>22C

It's a very fun and interesting game, makes me think of something like old Street Fighter when it comes to neutral and fundamentals, but it becomes more like I'd say King of Fighters when you get Hougekis in.

Guess while I'm talking about Koihime Enbu, I can think of what Chou'un's Moveset would be if she was in BBTAG IF Koihime Enbu is the 8th Fate. :V (Also, in before Smashboards decides they won't show these images I got from Mizuumi, smh)

Inputs | Original | Move
4A | 5A |
5A | c.B |
5AA | c.C |
5AAA | 6C |
5AAAA | 236A/B/C |
2A | 2A |
5B | 3B |
5BB | f.B |
5BBB | f.C |
2B | 2B |
5C | 6B |
2C | 3C |
j.A | j.A |
j.B | j.B |
j.C | j.C |

Input | Original | Move
236A/B | 236A/B/C |
214A | 623A |
214B | 623C |
22A/B | 22A/B/C |
236C | 236AB |
214C | 623AB |
22C | 22AB |
Couldn't think up of what her 214BC would be unfortunately, since everyone only has two Supers. An Ougi (2363214D) and Hiougi (236BC in Hougeki).

Input | Original | Move
236BC | 2363214D |
222BC | 236BC (Hougeki Only) |

Input | Original | Move
4P | 2C |
5P | f.C |
6P | 623B |

1580212389274.png

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Spoiler: they actually buffed Zelda???
She got a ***** slap now. I know it's a magical swipe.

I think I figured out why I like Xion's themes "Musique pour la tristesse de Xion" and "Vector to the Heavens" other than them being good songs. Her themes remind me of Mt. Gagazet's music in Final Fantasy X "Servants of the Mountain" and that song is probably my favorite one in Final Fantasy X. The furthest I got in Final Fantasy X was Mt. Gagazet, but its theme stuck with me. I remember "To Zanarkand", "A Fleeting Dream", "The Sight of Spira", and the battle theme because how can you not when it blares at you every encounter. "Servants of the Mountain", however, I'm not sure why. Part of it I guess is that I'm drawn to more melancholy, sadder music. When you get there, you are at the home of the Ronso and they are a proud people, but then you hear the music and it's a melancholy piece. Proud yet with an underlying sadness to it. Perhaps you could say it's like strength in trying times or while knowing that the inevitable draws near -- death and Sin. Additionally, it fits Kimahri quite well considering his past; his broken horn and the status of one's horn as a Ronso.

Similarly, Xion's themes are sad, especially "Musique pour la tristesse de Xion" which if there isn't any grammar mistakes means "Music for the sadness of Xion" in French. That song is closer in tempo to "Servants of the Mountain" where rather than feeling proud, instead, feels reminiscent. Makes sense since "Vector to the Heavens" is a boss theme and one feels anguished, but also at times sorrowfully accepting.
Original version of "Musique pour la tristesse de Xion" from 358/2 Days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KFl6AWxYXk.

Original version of "Vector to the Heavens" from 358/2 Days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCFabT7arA4.

"Musique pour la tristesse de Xion" (1.5 HD ReMIX): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvuWyiuDVP0.

"Vector of the Heavens" (1.5 HD ReMIX): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwK5nmzNMJc.

Arrangement of "Vector of the Heavens" from the memória! album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf8hdNL7ZUA.

Extended version of KH III Re:Mind remix's of "Vector of the Heavens": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlY9lVxXybM.

Edit: Forgot about this. Meanwhile, in Devil May Cry 3 for the Switch with style switching.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Spoiler: they actually buffed Zelda???
Yes she did.

FTilt is now a kill move (Kills at 70% on the sides of FD).
NAir now has 12 Frames of landing lag instead of 15 and you cannot SDI the move as easily now.
Up Air has a bigger hitbox, sweetspot has more active frames, sourspot has less active frames. And it has more KBG at higher percents.
Side B's Sweetspot does more damage and it has more active frames.
Down B does more damage and has more Knockback.

So yes, Zelda did indeed get buffed! :yeahboi:

I do think she may have a chance against some of the stronger characters now.

Also, Edelgard's wife is now in Smash. Thoughts on her so far everyone?

1580296133198.png

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So Zelda finally got buffed. It’s about time. I have been maining Zelda since Melee (always preferred her over Sheik) so I’m very happy about this. I knew Zelda felt different when I played Smash last night.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I already had been getting used on Ultimate making my main chars feeling middle-of-the-road at best (aside from my Boi maybe) - but to let Zelda reach even further potential with these buffs?

We've really been blessed from above to receive this kind of fortune...

(I especially am going to love doing more of those nutty U-Air reads to people attempting to approach me from air during long-running pressures.)

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Prolly not exactly what Zelda needed to be a tourney-snatcher but welcome and interesting buffs nonetheless.

Also they literally buffed NAir with less landing lag, buffed Phantom, A N D Din's Fire....

I think they definitely went with some potential game-breaker choices......

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wii Fit didn't get any buffs tho (except the shield thing that plenty of other characters got) so the patch was a flop tbh.
...But then with Zelda's new ftilt, the Zeldas can join the Wii Fits in using panic ftilt hoping it hits/kills so the patch isn't a flop again! Really I haven't tried new Zelda yet, but I feel like that ftilt is a bit similar to Wii Fits so I could absolutely see gorls throwing that out in hopes that it does something.

Byleth is def fun and possibly jank? Jank-adjacent? Their slowness doesn't bother me that much either, it all feels pretty natural.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There is a part of me that wants to see Falco never be adjusted outside of universal changes in the lifetime of Ultimate. Then again, part of the reason is because I want to see it blow up horribly in his face where he ends up progressively becoming weaker as everyone else gets stronger or evens out to his level. Imagine the worst character in Ultimate (at the end of its life) being Falco in his current state. That would be both amazing and horrifying. Or you could take it up a notch and imagine the worst character being someone like Joker, Pikachu, or Wolf.

For FEH, I finally summoned legendary Ephraim and have another legendary hero of fire who isn't legendary Hector. Also, I have Hilda now. Claude was my first 5*-only summonable Three Houses unit and Hilda is my second. Incidentally, they're both +Spd, -Atk. I think this a sign... That my eventual Golden Deer playthrough will have strength screwed, but speed blessed Claude and Hilda.
5* legendary Ephraim: +HP, -Res.

5* legendary Hector: +Def, -Spd.

4* Kagero: +Res, -Def.

4* Marth: +Spd, -HP.

3* Roy: +HP, -Res.
3* Cordelia: +Def, -Res.

3* Hana: +Spd, -Def.

5* Hilda: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Mae: +Atk, -Def.

4* Mathilda: +Atk, -Res.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Apparently with the new buffs to NAir. Zelda can combo NAir > FAir. But then again, this could be with no DI.

https://www.twitch.tv/crownednoah/clip/PeacefulUnsightlyKiwiImGlitch

But still, it is very nice that Zelda did get buffed. We'll have to wait and see where this'll get her in tournaments and competitive play.

Also, time to leave a controversial Tier List of Byleth's Alts. :yeahboi:

S Tier:
F!Byleth's Wife Edelgard, Female Byleth, Fused F!Byleth
A Tier:
Claude
B Tier:
Dimitri
C Tier:
M!Byleth
D Tier:
Sothis, Fused M!Byleth

1580387368359.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Y'know, Snaccari's comment about the competitive matches makes me think the lowlag characters are faster than he intended. Which would explain why ZSS, Pikachu, etc are basically playing a fighting game that's not Smash Bros loloopsT.

Prolly not exactly what Zelda needed to be a tourney-snatcher but welcome and interesting buffs nonetheless.

Also they literally buffed NAir with less landing lag, buffed Phantom, A N D Din's Fire....

I think they definitely went with some potential game-breaker choices......
BJN is Wendy Williams confirmed.

Also yea, they chose to buff the noobstomper things. They did buff her Ftilt, but in the wrong way. The essentially fixed her aerials to be on par with other aerials,, so I'm not counting those as buffs. It's all a net buff nevertheless.

Her main problems are still there, just slightly padded now. Small hitboxes. Slow or inefficient pokes. Awful neutral. She is heavily grounded and so is Ganondorf... Except Ganondork has an effectively scary ground presence and ironically better aerials to toss out. Zelda has noobstomper projectiles.

Digging deeper into Zelda's ineffective "play my game or I'll lose!" style is obviously not helping her higher gameplay potential. But it makes her more oppressive in lower tiers of play. FuNsTuFf~~~

w/e, we take those. At least she isn't slow-ho Robin or, ironically, fast-heaux Sheik. I'd rather be barely viable than have a tedious chip-n-slip playstyle that breaks a controller for every stock she takes. :^)

Top Bottom