• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Heauxes, step up.

Merry Christmas Eve! I bought a special pretty glass for a dollar and I plan to drink out of it - fancily - as I try to get Mercy's new Snow Angel getup.

Also, does any gorl have recommendations on what my graphic settings should be for Guild Wars 2? I have 16gb ram/AMD fx 6300 processor/GeForce GTX 750-ti. I don't want the poor thing to burn out by going too crazy... And it is an oooooold game. So I'm not really sure how to adjust it. how 2 use computer??? how 2 graphicz???

Blade & Soul's character art by Hyung-tae Kim was the one thing that drew me into the game. Never got around to playing the game since I remember it took a long time until it was localized outside of South Korea and the thing you talked about regarding magic is the biggest problem I have with most MMORPGs and some RPGs with real-time combat: the lack of feedback from attacks. It just feels so weird playing melee classes. At least ranged classes are outside and doing things you could sort of ignore the lack of feedback, but when you're playing a character who's swinging a giant hammer and all you get it a little injured animation from the enemy, it just looks strange.

I get why as they're RPGs and not fighting games or hack 'n' slash games, but still. With turn-based games, I think it's easier for me to disconnect the lack of feedback, but some games still do something well to make attacks impactful. Final Fantasy X comes to mind where to this day, I remember the sound they used for Tidus's sword hits. I'm not sure, but I think the sound might have been amplified when he takes out an enemy so sounds even more powerful. It's not Tidus swings his sword, but Tidus freaking slices whatever is his target. Tidus's basic attack being a jump slash was even cooler because of the sound.

Another part is probably control and in the sense of I'm not inputting commands in a way like in an action game or the inputs don't feel as meaningful. Probably why Final Fantasy XV's combat looks bad to me where sure, the combat controls like an action game, but the attacks don't look like they're doing much.
For me feedback is just mildly important. I just want the character animations to be mildly respected instead of making the character have a seizure while using nonstop attacks. It's also about the aesthetics as well. If I have to look at the same things for hours, I want it to be super shiny and pretty~ Not something that's totally generic, such as Fire/Lightning. Which are unfortunately the go-to options for any type of magic/elemental attacker. I suppose hurling chunks of rock would be way too awesome obscuring for noobs to handle? I just wanna be a water/earth bender ooommmggg. Also they should totally make an Avatar: Legend of ______ type of MMORPG. Like why isn't that a thing already???

btw those 2 songs are great, but Real Thing is hella bumpin' omg. Added them to the B•GAL ofc.

I just found a folder on my computer filled with Shakira gifs lmao:

View attachment 254325
View attachment 254330
View attachment 254331
❅❆❄ Those gifs are the true meaning of Christmas, my sister ❄❆❅

I had a stash of just under 150 orbs and decided to roll for Duo!Marth since H!Niles is one of the very few armors who actually wants/can use Daring Fighter, especially since he's a member of my arena core so the built-in Null Follow-Up is great. I pulled a random +spd -hp Adrift!F!Corrin at 4% when there were no colorless orbs (I guess she got confused as to which banner I was pulling on), and then luckily got Duo!Marth (+res -spd) soon after (about 80 orbs total). I already unlocked his conversation and grabbed the 40 dragonflowers, so all that's left is to grind out his HM before sacrificing him to the only armor that matters ;^)

As for the F!Corrin, I know +spd is a superboon but I don't use dragons and don't really plan on merging her so... At least I won't need to feel bad about killing her for her Rally+ since her other skills are trash. I've actually been wanting some Rally Atk/Spd+ fodder for my M!Corrin (whom I recently completed!) since I couldn't give him the full version as well as Def/Res Ruse 3 from S!Ursula. Speaking of which, I pulled a grand total of 6 S!Ursulas before I got a single HS!Xander. It was actual hell because I never wanted her in the first place. The first one I pulled was +spd -HP, but then I got 2x +HP -spd, 2x +def -atk and a neutral copy. Thankfully, Xander had perfect IVs (+atk -spd) when he appeared, so ofc I merged him into the awful +spd copy I've been using. I know I can't complain too much because Ursula does have really good fodder, but it was still painful seeing her appear every time instead of Xander.

I've recently pulled a few 4* copies each of Python and Tethys, both of whom were characters I've been waiting for Python was one of my favorite units in SoV, and I voted for Tethys in both CYL2 and 3 (the only ones I participated in). Another of my favorite units (Brady) was added this year too, so 2019 was pretty good for me ngl. I'm a trash Fates fan who still wants characters like Mitama (pls IS), Forrest, Percy, Reina, Mozu, etc. so I'm hoping for another banner, but I also desperately need Jesse added. 2020 will probably be 3H characters since they've barely milked that cow yet, which ofc fine with me. I'm hoping Ignatz gets added as a demote so I can +10 him. Everyone seems to forget about/dislike him and it makes me sad.
I still haven't gotten Python. He is such a precious lazy boi. Even if color-bows suck unless they're dummy-OP-to-the-max like Ingrene's garbage. Or kinda-sorta Lucina's bow even though it's just OK.

I was almost baited into pulling on the rerun banners instead of saving up for tomorrow's Legendary Banner. We're supposed to get free tickets for the Legendary Banner as well, meaning 2+ rounds of 15 orb full summons. It appears the old banners will also get tickets, but idc much about those. I did pull a B!Roy from the Thotja Rerun Banner with my free pull at least! Which is OK I guess... He's not super OP or anything but he's a good unit to keep around or merge. I'd prefer Brady/Mordecai/Norne tho.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also, does any gorl have recommendations on what my graphic settings should be for Guild Wars 2? I have 16gb ram/AMD fx 6300 processor/GeForce GTX 750-ti. I don't want the poor thing to burn out by going too crazy... And it is an oooooold game. So I'm not really sure how to adjust it. how 2 use computer??? how 2 graphicz???
Do you have something to monitor your framerate? You can use that to see what you're getting at whatever settings and start adjusting depending on what you want. And you can use benchmarks or videos of people checking their framerates with their systems to compare. This video has someone with an i3 2120 and a GTX 750 Ti 1GB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F01WkGLKDCo.

Worst case scenario is you can play at sub-15 FPS like I did when I was a kid playing Fable: The Lost Chapters on the computer we had. Game was fun, but also hilariously stupid looking as a slideshow most of the time.

For me feedback is just mildly important. I just want the character animations to be mildly respected instead of making the character have a seizure while using nonstop attacks. It's also about the aesthetics as well. If I have to look at the same things for hours, I want it to be super shiny and pretty~ Not something that's totally generic, such as Fire/Lightning. Which are unfortunately the go-to options for any type of magic/elemental attacker. I suppose hurling chunks of rock would be way too awesome obscuring for noobs to handle? I just wanna be a water/earth bender ooommmggg. Also they should totally make an Avatar: Legend of ______ type of MMORPG. Like why isn't that a thing already???
I consider animations as part of feedback too. Which is why NetherRealm's recent fighting games don't look great to me. Sure, it was what Mortal Kombat looked like back then and it is a style, but it just looks bad and inexplicable. It would take more time and effort, but I feel like they could keep the style, but make Mortal Kombat and Injustice look and feel wonderful.

btw those 2 songs are great, but Real Thing is hella bumpin' omg. Added them to the B•GAL ofc.
Yeah, "Real Thing" is really groovy. I've delved into more of Galdive's work and I really like her music. Including "Lotus", Galdive's channel has six songs.
"Blew Me" is slow and mellow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAbAbGUsVRE.

"Cloud" is good. Not sure what to say about this one. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81JA23IQhXQ.

"Dear Matias" feels more jazzy than her other songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWA0caWKtg.

"Sorbet" feels like a good song to listen on the weekends or maybe on the weekdays when you're wishing for the weekends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf4-3Se33R0.

"Sway" is fun and groovy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkJR6o14Zho.

There was a comment saying Galdive's music was like that of Alina Baraz & Galimatias. Started to listen to their music.

As for FEH, apparently the New Year's banner was datamined. I was confused when I looked at the catalog and saw question marks since up to this point, I've encountered everyone, but legendary Celica whose banner wasn't live until a few minutes later.
They're Anna, Alfonse & Sharena as a duo unit, Eir, Lethe, and Selkie. New Year's Eir art makes her look hilariously sad and confused. It's Eir, but it's kind of funny.

Art album: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/efblw4/upcoming_new_year_heroes_neutral_art/.
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/efbuot/new_year_2019_units_lvl_40_and_1_stats/.

New Year's Anna is a red infantry archer with 40 HP, 34 Atk, 40 Spd, 16 Def, and 37 Res which gives her 167 BST and she has a speed superasset and HP and defense superflaws. Compared to her Heroes Anna since I don't think we know if it's our Anna even though NY Anna has the same side ponytail that the other Anna don't have as far as I know, -1 HP, +5 Atk, +2 Spd, -6 Def, and +9 Res. Compared to Igrene, our only other red infantry archer, -2 HP, -3 Atk, +3 Spd, -10 Def, and +13 Res. Offensively, she's a +Spd, -Atk Igrene, but overall, I guess she's kind of like a red Niles which also makes her a red Nina.

NY Anna has Fortune Bow+, Rally Def/Res+, Sabotage Atk 3, and Atk/Spd Gap 3. Fortune Bow+ has the effect of "At start of turn, if any foe's Res <= unit's Res-3 and that foe is adjacent to another foe, inflicts Def/Res-5 on that foe through its next action" which is Sabotage Def/Res 2 making it similar to Lute's refined Weirding Tome's Sabotage Spd/Res 2.

New Year's Alfonse & Sharena are a blue infantry tome duo hero with 41 HP, 38 Atk, 17 Spd, 35 Def, and 30 Res which gives them 161 BST and they have attack, speed, and defense superassets and HP and resistance superflaws. It's Alfonse's stat spread which makes sense since it's Alfonse & Sharena and not Sharena & Alfonse. That said, spring Alfonse is relatively fast.

NY Alfonse & Sharena has Embued Koma, Open the Future, Special Spiral 3, and Def/Res Oath 3 and their duo hero skill is "Grants Special cooldown count-2 to unit and infantry allies within 3 rows and 3 columns centered on unit." Embued Koma's effect are "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). At start of combat, if Special is ready, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack" and Open the Future is their personal skill that is part of the Glowing Ember, Bonfire tree which has a 3 cooldown and the effects of "Boosts damage by 50% of unit's Def. Restores HP = 25% of damage dealt", so Bonfire + Noontime.

The rundown is that NY Alfonse & Sharena are Ophelia with all her speed dumped into HP, Def, and Res and in return for not being able to charge their special when they're AI controlled by having mage allies on their team, they get to do even more damage and also have extra speed, defense, and resistance. They also come with Special Spiral by default. Compared to Ophelia +3 HP, +1 Atk, -16 Spd, +15 Def, and +7 Res. For AoE Special spamming, they're still going to want L&D for the visible attack stat and speed doesn't really matter when you're looking to maximize as much damage as possible.

New Year's Eir is a red flying dagger with 39 HP, 31 Atk, 36 Spd, 21 Def, and 34 Res which gives her 161 BST and she has no superassets and HP and attack superflaws, but she's the TT unit. Compared to her regular self, +4 HP, -1 Atk, -1 Spd, +7 Def, and +3 Res. So, essentially she trades some offenses and an arguably better color for bulk. HP, attack, and speed are her highest level 1 stats, so if you choose to merge her, then she will get +5 to those stats at +10.

NY Eir has Temari+, Shove, Brazen Atk/Res 3, and Spd Tactics 3. Temari+ has the effect of "At start of turn, if any foe's Res <= unit's Res-3 and that foe is adjacent to to another foe, inflicts Atk/Spd-5 on that foe through its next action" which is Sabotage Atk/Spd 2 making it similar to Lute's refined Weirding Tome's Sabotage Spd/Res 2.

New Year's Lethe is a green cavalry beast with 41 HP, 35 Atk, 41 Spd, 27 Def, and 18 Res which gives her 162 BST and she has a speed superasset and defense and resistance superflaws. Compared to her regular self, +2 Atk, +3 Spd, +1 Def, and -1 Res.

NY Lethe has Guardian Fang, Glimmer, Atk/Spd Solo 3, and Lull Spd/Def 3. Guardian Fang's effect are "Grants Spd+3. If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, deals damage = 70% of difference between stats. (Maximum bonus of +7 damage. Combos with Phantom Spd.) If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Rokkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = difference between stats x 4 (max 40%)." So, in addition to granting Spd+3, Guardian Fang has the speed check for damage effect that Karla's Vassal's Blade, Naesala's Raven King Beak, Nino's Giga Excalibur, and Red-Hot Ducks have and Close Call 3 minus the Hit and Run effect. With her default kit, she also has her regular self's Brazen Cat Fang's Atk/Spd Solo 3, but without the ability for it to work when adjacent to beast or dragon allies. She screams Galeforce like her regular self, but she doesn't need Desperation as much when she can reduce damage like that by having higher speed and stacking whatever skills to reduce damage. So, Galeforce, Atk/Spd Solo 3 or Spd/X Solo 3, Lull Spd/Def 3 or Atk/Spd 3, and Heavy Blade 3 as her seal.

New Year's Selkie is a colorless beast cabalry with 35 HP, 31 Atk, 39 Spd, 16 Def, and 40 Res which gives her 161 BST and she has HP and resistance superassets and a defense superflaw. Compared to her regular self, +2 Atk, +1 Spd, -3 Def, and +5 Res. As if she couldn't have lower defense. NY Selkie shares the lowest base defense for a melee unit with incidentally, another colorless beast unit, Leanne. On the other hand, she now has the highest base resistance for a cavalry unit beating Jagen by 4 points and she has the second-highest base resistance now beating regular and picnic Flora by 2 points and under winter Fae and Nagi by 1 point.

NY Snuggle Beast has New Foxkit Fang (really, that's what it's actually called), Iceberg, Distant Ward, Sabotage Spd 3, and Odd Res Wave 3. New Foxkit Fang has the effects of "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If unit's Res > foe's Res deals damage = 70% of difference between stats. (Maximum bonus of +7 damage. Combos with Phantom Spd.) If unit's Res > foe's Res, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Rokkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = difference between stats x 4 (max 40%)." New Foxkit Fang is similar to Foxkit Fang where with a resistance check, Selkie deals more damage and takes less damage, but in this case instead of an in-combat stat boost up to 8 points and only working against melee units, she deals at most 7 damage and reduces damage by 40% during combat against all units, but doesn't gain any speed boosts.

Distant Ward is a new A passive inheritable only to melee units of all movement types which has the effect of "If magic, staff, or dragonstone foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Res+5 to unit during combat and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range." So, it's like a magic damage version of Distant Counter with Mirror Stance 2.5 considering it grants Atk/Res+5 instead of +4 like Mirror Stance 2 or +6 and Guard like Mirror Stance 3. Or Ostian Counter where its effect only works against magic damage units. The only issue is that since she's a colorless beast, so not an infantry unit, she can't run Null C-Disrupt, so healers are still going to be able to do their stupid things. For mages and dragons, though, it should be fine as I don't think Windsweep is that common on them and Firesweep tomes or dragonstones aren't things yet.
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/efc14a/upcoming_tempest_bonus_units_and_seals/.

Lethe, Ranulf, and Selkie are the other bonus units and HP/Def, Speed Feint, and Swift Sparrow are the next Sacred Seals.

As for legendary Celica, she has 40 HP, 38 Atk, 38 Spd, 18 Def, and 28 Res which gives her 162 BST and she has a speed superasset and HP, defense, and resistance superflaws. 38/38 neutral offenses, 52/41 with Saintly Seraphim, and she has Swift Sparrow 3 for Atk+6 and Spd+7. Sturdy Impact is probably going to be helpful for her to survive a counterattack when she's at full health, but since she has Desperation 3 + Null Follow-Up 3 through Soul of Zofia, her low physical bulk doesn't really matter if when she's in Desperation range.

5* Shiro (+Spd, -Atk) was my freebie for the Rally banner with Adrift F!Corrin, Ophelia, and Quan. As for Celica's banner, not a single green orb. Thanks, game.
4* Clarine: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Bantu: +Spd, -Res.

3* Est: +HP, -Atk.

3* L'Arachel: +Atk, -Res.

4* Shigure: +Atk, -Spd.
5* Claude: +Spd, -Atk. I thought about it and I figured I'd go with Blue Lions for my first run of Three Houses whenever I eventually get a Switch, but perhaps this is a sign I should start with Golden Deer. But Annette, though...

3* Lissa: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Odin: +HP, -Res.

4* Sully: +Atk, -Def.

4* Virion #1: +Atk, -Def.
4* Athena: +Res, -Def. I feel like she's my most summoned red.

4* Matthew: +Res, -Spd.

3* Palla: +HP, -Spd.

4* Tethys: +Atk, -Spd. My first Tethys and she appeared not to long after Ewan. Kind of sucks that they're both -Spd, though...

4* Virion #2: +HP, -Atk. I could totally do a +HP meme build, but no.
5* legendary Ike: +HP, -Res.

3* Lukas: +Def, -Res.

4* Peri #1: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Peri #2: Def, -Atk.

3* Stahl: +Res, -Def.
Burned the tickets on the two winter reruns since I don't want to spend orbs on them: 4* Libra (+HP, -Atk), 3* Arthur (+Atk, -HP), 3* Fae (neutral), 4* Abel (neutral), 4* Sheena (+HP, -Atk), and 3* Mae (+Def, -Atk).

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Merry Christmas Zelda Social! :happysheep:
How’s everybody doing today?
Not too bad. Got some :nifty: gifts.

Got the first four volumes of the Bloom Into You Manga, a DVD of Hataraku! Maou-sama, got Prof. Layton on the Switch now, and some keyring games of Space Invaders and Pac-Man. A shirt with Sonic Spinball on the front, oh and some money too. It was nice.

Aside from them, I'll probably resume playing BBTAG and record some grab setups with Akatsuki/Adachi, since some players wanna learn that team. So I wanna help out with showing what Adachi can do.

Also, I plan on getting two figures now, since if I got them via Amazon, they'd arrive in January. So now I can seek that opportunity to get them. :yeahboi:

One is of Nero Claudius from Fate/Extra, the other is a Nendoroid of Mikuru Asahina from Haruhi Suzumiya.

1577270167880.png

1577270390502.png

Hope you all are having a good Christmas!

1577270437794.png

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Merry Christmas gorls :secretkpop:

Hope y'all enjoy the season and are happy

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, GORLS

here's this wholesome short, a gift from Kween Vivziepop, thankfully I'm not turnt enough to :'D cry at it. I'll probably rewatch it later and cry :'D cry anyway.

Merry Christmas Zelda Social! :happysheep:
How’s everybody doing today?
Getting turnT gooooooooorl. :secretkpop:

Mostly spending time with this clingy old lady who keeps following me (my sister's cat) :
IMG_20191225_183121983.jpg
"ur going 2 give me pats u drunk or i will force u 2 pat me by smashing my gooey face against ur feet or hands or whatever"

Also consumed over 3000 calories in cookies alone. It's the most wonderful season of all - to binge everything. Sweets, booze, spending cash, eeeeeeee

Getting emotionally abused by gacha games, the usual :secretkpop:
:sadsheep:
r u ok

do u need emergency services

tilt ur head and :D if ur being held hostage

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Christmas was really nice, and I got some gud gifts as well

The Bravely artbook specifically is great, and contains important info such as:

Dragalia is really interesting! While everyone else is celebrating Christmas and/or New Year's, this game said you dumb idiot clowns! Throwing a Christmas party and then a New Year's party a week later? Nope, time for a cleaning event! No New Year's event until you do your chores! Honestly tho, the story was pretty cute.
...but like they didn't even add in competitive dish washing. I could've had a Suds Scrubber Supreme title. so the event sucks again.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin talking about MMOs led me down memory lane as I recalled the MMO or free-to-play games I played or tried out. As far as I remember, they included these games: Cabal Online, Club Penguin, DC Universe Online, Defiance, Dragon Sky, Dungeon Fighter: Online, EverQuest, Exteel, Final Fantasy XIV, GhostX, Granado Espada (Sword of the New World), Guild Wars, Neverwinter, Perfect World, Rappelz, Requiem: Bloodymare, RF Online, Runescape, S4 League, Scions of Fate (Yulgang Online), Shaiya, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Toontown Online, and several Artix Entertainment games; AdventureQuest, DragonFable, MechQuest, and AdventureQuest Worlds. Does Neopets count? There was also this FPS game, but I can't remember what it was called. Not MAG which was closer to Planetside and on the PS3, but more of a game like Call of Duty and I had played that game on the PC. And there was also this really weird MMORPG that had a ton of races

Not going to talk about all of them since that would be way too much. Let's start with the beginning: EverQuest was my first MMORPG and it was interesting for a six to eight-year-old. I was too young to understand anything, but it did leave me with an impression since I still remembered EverQuest as I got older. Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms I'm pretty sure I ended up picking up knowing they were related to EverQuest. If not, then I picked them up because they looked fun or maybe there was a demo on one of those PS2 demo discs. Still regret selling those games since they were pretty fun. Something I do remember clearly regarding EverQuest was that my father had trouble canceling the subscription to the game. I don't remember much of the game besides killing rats and walking up hills.

AdventureQuest and Runescape I remember being the games I played during late elementary to middle school. Both were introduced to me by friends. Runescape is what I ended up sticking with over AdventureQuest, but I did dabble in the other Artix Entertainment games. Thinking back on it, I am not sure why I continued to put in as much time as I did into Runescape since the combat sucked and dying was very unforgiving. Most of the time I mined and forged stuff for almost no money until the Grand Exchange was introduced in 2007 apparently. Grinding combat and other crafting skills I were later things so I could actually progress through some of the free-to-play quests. What's worse is that I didn't even play with friends. Everyone I knew was a member or straight up didn't play when I was online. Monotonous level grinding. How the hell did I manage that? I guess that girl was right when she said she didn't know what was even fun about the game. That said, I do have good memories with Runescape, especially with the game's humor and writing. When I was in high school, I ended up revisiting the game and man, it was so much easier than when I played as kid. They straight up gave you money and stuff whereas years before, you had the bare minimum which you could lose immediately if you died and didn't get to a bank.

Cabal Online as far as I remember had a combat system that I felt like a precursor to the combat system of the more action MMORPGs like that of Blade & Soul or TERA. I was able to try the game out when I was younger and it was one of MMORPGs that I felt like I would have wanted to play or invest time in because of its combat being more than click on something, maybe use a skill or cast a spell, and watch it die. I didn't play it much beyond a few sessions, though.

Dragon Sky died almost immediately after I tried it out. It was really weird. I don't think there was anything special about Dragon Sky other than it had good animations at the time since it was set in or its setting was based on ancient China, so you had all these cool kung fu moves.

Exteel was fun. It was a fast-paced mecha third-person shooter where you could customize your mech with different parts and weapons. PvP with deathmatches and capture the flag were the main modes, but it did have a PvE mode where you worked together to take defend certain areas. I guess Gundam or a very arcade-y version of Armored Core would be good ways to explain it. The game shut down long ago and around the time I was on and off with playing it. thing is that having played Exteel, it kind of surprises me that there hasn't been a recent game like it outside of that Gundam MMO which I don't think was ever released overseas.

Granado Espada's setting and gameplay were unique. The game's setting was based on the Baroque period of Europe and with that came good music. I think I heard its main theme before I actually played the game. It's a wonderful piano theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2eoN8tJVIY. What stood out gameplay-wise is that it's one of the few MMORPGs I can think of where you controlled a party. Almost all MMORPGs you control your character and you have other people or maybe NPCs as part of you party. Granado Espada had you control up to three characters and I think gameplay-wise, it was like Final Fantasy XII where you can set them to fight in a certain way.

Requiem: Bloodymare or Memento Mori for its later subtitle simply had a cool concept as a gory, horror-based MMORPG. There was a lot of blood and gore, enemies looked gross and apparently became grosser during a certain time in-game, and body parts would fall off during dying animations. Otherwise, it wasn't that special. Although, I did not play far enough to see if it was anymore interesting than looking bloody and gory. Still neat.

RF Online was weird. I remember seeing it on shelves in GameStop and maybe Best Buy, so I played it when it became free-to-play and how many years after that happened. The weird thing is when I tried the game out and if I'm not remembering things wrong they gave new characters a really good weapon and maybe other stuff. My guess is the weapon was level 20 and here you are starting the game at level 1 tearing things apart. That or the game was a bit too easy early on.

Then there were these MMOs or free-to-play games that I never played, but was interested in them for one reason or another: Aion, Atlantica Online, Blade & Soul, Continent of the Ninth Seal, GunZ, Huxley: The Dystopia, Ragnarok Online, Soul of the Ultimate Nation, Talisman Online, Tabula Rasa, TERA, Vindictus, and Warframe.

Atlantica Online other than its gameplay I still remember because of Brea's entry for the DMC4 Truestyle Tournament where Atlantica Online's Battle Theme 4 was used during the Berial's fight. Gameplay-wise, Atlantica Online was turn-based which was really interesting and I can't think of any other MMORPG that has turn-based combat.

Brea's DMC4 Truestyle Tournament entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORgSuIIesIE.

Battle Theme 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAMM416WOg.

Blade & Soul, Continent of the Ninth Seal, TERA, and Vindictus can all be lumped into the era of action MMORPGs. There was a time when all these MMORPGs were shown off with combat systems that were closer to action RPGs.

Huxley: The Dystopia was this weird free-to-play FPS game that more or less died before it was released. I remember the screenshots and art and Huxley was weird, if interesting. The game was set in a sci-fi dystopia and where it was "post-human". That is to say that while the races you could play were descendents of humans including the most human-looking race. I thought it was interesting as an idea, but apparently the game never really made the light of day.

There was a time in my life where I was interested in MMORPGs and tried to play them which didn't work out that well since the computer I was using at the time wasn't that good and neither was the internet at home. I think it took almost a week to download Scions of Fate way back then. It was only recently, about a year ago maybe, that I played a MMORPG for bit and that was FFXIV after seeing Lucahjin's streams of it. It's Final Fantasy, so it had good music and I guess having played FFX, FFXII, FFXIII, and being more familiar with RPGs at that point where I was more interested in it. Prior to FFXIV, I tried out Neverwinter and before Neverwinter, tried to play Guild Wars so I could actually finish one of the stories. Neverwinter didn't keep my interest and finishing Guild Wars never happened.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I also decided to turn to gacha for my gambling needs on Christmas by whaling for a W!Chrom. I had a neutral copy that I pulled from last year's rerun, but he's one of the very few armors I care about so I wanted to pull another copy of him bc literally anything aside from +spd is better than neutral. I forgot how annoying these 3% 4 unit banners can be because I tried to snipe green but the game did not want to cooperate. Here's the full list of 5* pulls + my thoughts:
  • W!Lissa (+atk -spd). I think this is the 3rd copy of her I've pulled? I've killed the others for Bold Fighter, but this one has nice IVs so I'll keep her. Her art is incredible, and ofc I love Lissa since Awakening was my introduction to the series.
  • B!Celica (+res -hp; turned into a manual). DB4+Galeforce is very tasty, especially since I was lucky enough to pull a +ak -res Hríd from Celica's banner earlier today! I only just pulled my first copy of him on his last appearance back in September despite pulling on all his banners, so I'm ecstatic he finally came home with great IVs.
  • Yarne. IVs don't matter because he's one of my merge projects and I already have him +spd. Now he's +5 tysm.
  • Flora (neutral). She just kinda exists. I pulled a +HP -spd copy of her way back from L!Marth's debut banner, but her niche is pretty specfic and Niles does mostly the same thing but better anyway. Used her to give Atk/Res Solo + QR3 to Lucius.
  • Takumi (turned into a manual). I just pulled for him on his rerun banner specifically for CC, so thanks for another copy lol.
  • Rhajat (+HP -def). RIP. I've pulled 3 of her now and I still don't want her. Desire sensor is real because I don't want any (well, most) of the waifus and yet they seem to be all I pull. I killed one copy of her way back to give DD to someone random, but I probably wouldn't do that now since it's easily accessible through P!Leo. At least this one is better than the +def -HP I had.
  • Amelia (+atk -res). I have a +spd -HP copy from her debut banner in summer 2017, so I don't really need her. She would be perfect for saving me 20k feathers for W!Chrom by giving her axe and Armor March, but over 2 years later since her debut and Amelia's still the only unit to possess the non + version of Slaying Axe so that's not possible. Guess I'll wait until we get a GHB option (which Haar should've been since Rutger and Cormag introduced their respective Slaying weapons into the grail shop) to sacrifice for it so I can get both skills at once.
  • and then finally, W!Chrom (+def -spd). I didn't really care about IVs, but +def is not bad at all. ofc +atk is ideal, but I'm not gonna go down that rabbit hole.
  • I also pulled my first Echidna (+atk -spd) and 2 more Pythons (one was +atk finally!) during the session!
  • From the free tickets, I got a W!Eirika (+spd so I turned her into a manual) and doing the three 15 orb circles on Celica's banner gave me another Peony (+HP -def; not bad tbh), along with the Hríd I mentioned earlier. I got baited into pulling more for greens/3H but got a single Eir instead at like 10% instead so I gave up.
The upcoming New Years banner is pretty good in terms of fodder. I've been wanting both Sabotage Spd and Lull Spd/Def, so both skills appearing on the same banner is pretty cool. I don't really care about it otherwise, since I don't like any of the units they chose. I really should be saving orbs though since I know Marianne will be coming sooner or later and I can't miss my favorite 3H gorl.

I had a great Christmas, and I hope you gorls did too, regardless of whether you celebrate the holiday or not. <3

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I've been watching someone play through Majora's Mask 3D and hearing the old N64 Zelda sound effects was nostalgic. The sound effects they use for Gorons and the Goron noise during the Goron City theme in Ocarina of Time were always funny to me. That led to trying to find a Goron City remix and there is one, but it's a remix using The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Going Back to Cali" and there's some profanity to say the least.

The same channel has a remix of the potion shop theme that makes it sound like club music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9IX2MhRf4. A song for Zelda to get her freak on?

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Happy New Year gorls!

Hope that y'all make good progress on your gorls and are happier than you were in 2019

More sass, less stress, more fun

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So begins 2020, the year of the rat.

RIP Spirit Tracks Zelda who is scared of rats.

Edit: Year of the rat officially starts on January 25th. Forgot about the lunar calendar.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Still up, so FEH.
4* Cordelia: +Def, -Res.

3* Hawkeye #1: +HP, -Def.

4* Nino: +Res, -Spd.

3* Roy: +HP, -Def.

5* Tethys: +Atk, -HP. My first summon of the year.
3* Hawkeye #2: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Leon: +Def, -Spd.

4* Olivia: +Res, -HP.

4* Ross: +HP, -Atk.

4* Setsuna: +Spd, -Def.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Happy New Year to all of you.

Here's to a New Year and Decade! :yeahboi:

And to start off the new year... TIME TO MAKE UP A MOVELIST FOR RISE IF SHE MAKES IT INTO BBTAG! :V
...For Buddhahobo Buddhahobo that is.

Button | Attack
4AAAA | 5AAA>214A/B
5AAA | 5B>5C>236C/D
2A | 2A
5BB | 5D>2D
2B | 2B
5C | A+B (All-Out Attack)
2C | 2A+B (Sweep)
j.AA | j.A>j.B
j.B | j.C
j.C | j.2C
DP | B+D (Reflective Bit)

Input | Attack
236A/B | 236A/B (ROCK YOU!)
214A | 214A/B (No Touching!)
214B | 236C/D (Platinum Disc) [Air OK]
236C | 236SB (ROCK YOU!)
214C | 236SB (Platinum Disc) [Air OK]
22A/B | 22A/B (Arrow Rain)
4P | 2D
5P | 214A (No Touching!)
6P | 236B (ROCK YOU!)

Input | Attack
236BC | 236236A/B (Hysterical Slap)
214BC | 236236C/D (Risette Field)
P | 236236A/B (Hysterical Slap)
222BC | 222C+D (True ♥ Story)
Ragna The Bloodedge
Nu-13
Hazama
Celica=A=Mercury
Nine The Phantom
Naoto Kurogane
Jubei
Yu Narukami
Chie Satanaka
Teddie
Elizabeth
Waldstein
Hilda
Mika
Weiss
Heart Aino
Akatsuki

I was going to include images, buuuut knowing how Smashboards is like. They won't show most of them, smh. Oh, and some of the images of Rise's Attacks are just the same image (i.e. Her 5D and 2D). But I'm sure Buddhahobo Buddhahobo will know what moves I am referring to from Rise's P4AU moveset.:yeahboi:

1577875317068.png

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Timing out a Pac-Man feels always great.
Especially on New Year.

Happy New year 2020 btw.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Me being a weeb and one that is still getting into ArcSys' anime fighters, made me think of two things now. :V

The first being what if Bang Shishigami made it into BBTAG, and the other is callouts for Kokonoe. So might as well leave them here so no one reads them. :V

Generic Callout #1:
Koko: "Get in here!"

Generic Callout #2:
Koko: "Incoming!"
w/Ragna:
Kokonoe's callouts:
"Ragna!"
"Get your ass in here!"

Ragna's callouts:
"Kokonoe!"

w/Jin:
Koko's callouts:
"Get here Jin!"
"Freeze 'em or something..."

Jin's callouts:
"Miss Kokonoe!"

w/Noel:
Koko's callouts:
"Noel!"
"Noel Vermillion!"

Noel's callouts:
"Professor Kokonoe!"
"Please! If you can!"

w/Rachel:
Koko's callouts:
"Rachel."
"Throw your minions at them."

Rachel's callouts:
"Shut-in girl."

w/Nu-13:
Koko's callouts:
"Murakumo."
"Nu!"

Nu's callouts:
"Miss Kokonoe."

w/Hakumen:
Koko's callouts:
"Tch, troublemaker."
"Hakumen!"

Haku's callouts:
"Kokonoe!"

w/Tager:
Koko's callouts:
"Let's go Tager!"
"Beginning tests."

Tager's callouts:
"Miss Kokonoe!"
"Take care Kokonoe."

w/Hazama:
Koko's callouts:
"Terumi...!"

Haz's callouts:
"Professor Kokonooooe~!"
"Show them some science!"

w/Makoto:
Koko's callouts:
"Makoto!"
"Don't push yourself."

Makoto's callouts:
"Professor Kokonoe!"

w/Azrael:
Koko's callouts:
"Mad dog!"
"Feast on them!"

Az's callouts:
"Kokonoe!"

w/Celica:
Koko's callouts:
"Celica!"
"Minerva!"

Celica's callouts:
"Kokonoe!"
"Don't hurt yourself!"

w/Nine:
Koko's callouts:
"Nine!"
"Show them some magic."

Nine's callouts:
"Make your mother proud!"
"Kokonoe! ♪"

w/Naoto Kurogane:
Koko's callouts:
"Naoto!"
"Rag- Wait, no."

Naoto K.'s callouts:
"Hey! Kokonoe!"
"I think she's crazy!"

w/Jubei:
Koko's callouts:
"Jubei."
"Deadbeat dad."

Jubei's callouts:
"Kokonoe!"
"Show 'em yer stuff."

w/Es:
Koko's callouts:
"Es!"

Es' callouts:
"Kokonoe."
"Commencing safety protocol."

w/Susano'o:
Koko's callouts:
"TERUMI!"
"Stupid God."

Susan's callouts:
"Girl!"
"Do not mock me!"

w/Platinum:
Koko's callouts:
"Trinity!"
"Get 'em kids!"

Platinum's callouts:
"Miss Flat-chest!"
"P-Professor Kokonoe!"

w/Izayoi:
Koko's callouts:
"Tsubaki!"
"Give them your justice, or... whatever."

Izayoi's callouts:
"Miss Kokonoe!"

w/Mai:
Koko's callouts:
"Mai!"

Mai's callouts:
"Kokonoe!"

And now to leave a speculation of a movelist for Bang. :yeahboi:

Button | Attack
4A |

5A |

5AA |

5AAA (Placed in front of Bang) |

5AAAA (Homes in on Pin, has a hitbox) |

2A |

5B |

5BB |

5BBB |

5BBBB |

2B |

5C |

2C |

j.A |

j.BB |

j.C |

DP |

Throw |

Input | Attack
236A |

236B |

214AB/C |

j.236A |

j.236B |

j.214A/B/C |

236C |

j.236C |

Input | Attack
4P |

5P |

6P |

Input | Attack
236BC |

214BC (Air OK) |

P |

222BC |
Bang when he enters Resonance or if he reaches 35% Health. His theme "BANG! BANG! BIGBANG!" will play.

For a university student who studies part-time. I sure have a lot of time on my hands to come up with this. :V

1577967610990.png

Also, I'll be at one of the University campus all afternoon on Saturday, so rip me. Might miss out on some gacha stuff, oh well.[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Happy New Years from a talking dessert and Ball Guy!
puddi ball guy.png

Let's hope this decade isn't as mean to Zelda as I was mean to my liver. :secretkpop:

I would have more to comment, but I read all the posts and got matched in OW and then I came back to finish this 20 minutes later. I totally forgot everything I wanted to comment on. New decade, same pudding. :^)))

Tho I do remember that I wanted to say WOW BALL GUY IS SO PRECIOUS. But the bara art of him is super illegal. Some things shouldn't be bara-tized. Ye, I know Ball Guy is kinda stacked for a Pokemon dude so artists don't have to go too far out of the way to make him bara, but still. Ball Guy is a friend. Friends don't get lewd and naked in front of other friends no matter how jacked they are. wtf lewd heauxes stop and just let him be a happy dancing boi omfg. Tho the art of him straight up murdering people or dunking on them is fine. Just no naked-man bara ok thnx.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
It's been a while but happy new year! I've mostly been playing the games I got at Christmas. I finished AI: The Somnium Files a few days ago and it might (?) be my goty for 2019. All of the characters are great, music bops, story is good and I'm still invested into it even tho I finished the game. I like it more than Zero Escape personally. Plus the true ending had a dance number with most of the cast like Bayo 1 so you KNOW it's a good game. I can't stop watching the ending, I love it so much. idc if it's cheesy, I watched most of these characters get their eyes ripped out and be brutally murdered in different ways, gimme my good smiley ending.

Also been playing a lot of Dragalia, mostly trying to work my way into endgame content. Like, I'm cool with online cop-op games - I love them - but waiting for hours just to get a group that's going to give up after a single failed run is big dumb. This is a cry for help, pls join my eHZD runs and I'll be Chitose and look cute and throw buffs at all of you so you can kill the not-cute dragon quicker.
Club Penguin
So are we going to ever do that Club Penguin raid orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Also been playing a lot of Dragalia, mostly trying to work my way into endgame content. Like, I'm cool with online cop-op games - I love them - but waiting for hours just to get a group that's going to give up after a single failed run is big dumb. This is a cry for help, pls join my eHZD runs and I'll be Chitose and look cute and throw buffs at all of you so you can kill the not-cute dragon quicker.
how dare u zodiark is adorable

On the other hand, Jupiter is the type of character who you find out your wife is cheating on you with when she walks in on the two of you trying out pose #63 of the Kama Sutra.

DL is back on the chopping block with the latest update for me or I'd join your runs; I've got a 100% crash rate as soon the giant dancing cat enters Overdrive. The NY event is literally unplayable for me beyond maxing out my bronze emblems which just makes me want to spend my time headpatting Cthulhu in FGO instead.

Also, anyone who says FGO has the worst gacha rates clearly doesn't play FEH because holy **** do I regret everything I spent in that game failing to finally get an Ophelia. And then even if I did get her, she'd be -ATK or -SPD or something.

Ball Guy is a friend. Friends don't get lewd and naked in front of other friends no matter how jacked they are.
Real friends respect and support their friends life choices and self-experimentation.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So are we going to ever do that Club Penguin raid orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Didn't Club Penguin shut down a while ago?

So, I was having some troubles figuring out what I want to be my next avatar since the holidays are over -- for now -- and when I searched for rehydrated Ganon, I found this beautiful thing.

Edit: Revali's stupid flappy fingers.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: FEH summons. Not a single New Year's unit, but two off-focus 5* in total. So much for getting NY Anna, NY Lethe, or NY Selkie.
3* Azama: +Res, -Atk.
3* Clarine: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Eirika: +HP, -Atk.
4* Mercedes: +Res, -HP.
4* Palla: +Spd, -HP.
4* Libra #1: +Res, -Spd.
4* Raigh: +HP, -Def.
3* Sakura: +HP, -Atk.
4* Setsuna: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Wrys: +Res, -Atk.
5* Adrift M!Corrin: +Res, -Spd.
4* Lon'qu: +Res, -HP.
4* Reyson: +Atk, -Res.
3* Silas: +Res, -Atk.
4* Tanya: +Atk, -HP. Better than the first one being +Atk, -Spd making her a gen 3 Rebecca.
3* Caeda: +HP, -Spd.
3* Marth: +Res, -HP.
4* Merric: +Res, -HP.
4* Libra #2: +Res, -Def.
4* Roderick: Res, -Spd.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've been thinking of my personal wishlist for characters I want to see in BBTAG again, but it has changed now since last time. Which is probably a good thing. :V

So I guess I'll leave them here, five characters I want to see in BBTAG. :yeahboi:

I feel like Bullet would be a WAY more fun and enjoyable version of Yang Xiao Long, plus she seems to be a very interesting character as well. Now I haven't watched much of BBCF so I have no knowledge on how she plays, but I do think she would fit perfectly into BBTAG. She has the tools and moveset to fit into the game and would synergise well with a bunch of other characters too. I can see her being fun to play with Akatsuki, Makoto and Heart as examples, again I would see her as a MUCH more fun version of Yang, because let's be honest. Yang is not fun to fight against at all. :V
Bullet would obviously have her theme "Spirit of Fire".

One of the main protagonists from Arcana Heart and has romantic feelings for Heart Aino. I honestly can see her working in BBTAG, however Saki and Heart's moveset are almost identical. Since they're supposed to be the Ryu and Ken of AH, however they did further change Saki to be more focused on kicking whereas Heart was more on punching. So they could implement Saki's kicks as her Normals and same with her Specials since she has a move similar to Guile's Flash Kick. She also has access to lightning thanks to her Arcana, so she would fit in well with the Thunder Boys such as Yu, Tager and Akihiko. Plus, she could have her theme "That Heart, That Power" as well.

I will say this. Kokonoe is my NUMBER 1 pick for BBTAG. I feel like she would just so well into the game, however the problems that would arise are involving her Gravitons. Would she get the Hazama treatment? Where they assigned his chains to his B button. Would Kokonoe get the same treatment and have her Gravitons assigned to her B button? Or will they scrap the Gravitons for her in BBTAG? These are what make me a bit conflicted on how they could make her work. However, she has plently of tools to get into the game and they can simply streamline her some more. Of course, she would have "Science Fiction" as her theme.

I seriously want Enkidu to make it into BBTAG. He has the perfect moveset for the game, he has Autocombos that they can easily implement, very easy to pick up and play, he has so much stuff that he would work with the game so damn well! I do hope he makes it into the game, he would probably be one of the most interesting characters to use. Also, his theme would obviously be "Extreme Stream". And hopefully he won't be Bottom Tier like he is in UNIST. :V

While this is a pipedream, it is one I hope comes true. Since French Bread have worked with Type-MOON before to create "Melty Blood", which was based off their NV "Tsukihime". Plus, Eltnum has the moves to get into BBTAG too, she has tools, movement, combos and so on. However, Mori did say she would be very difficult to get into the game due to how big Fate is right now and Type-MOON making so much money off of Fate/Grand Order, but you never know. I can see Eltnum having TWO themes this time. One from Melty Blood named "Encount", the other being "Blood Drain Again".

Also, onto anime stuff. I've finished Fire Force and watched more of My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan, I'm really enjoying Season 3 so far and I honestly think S3 is the best season out of them all. :yeahboi:

1578311122573.png

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
how dare u zodiark is adorable
puking up poison is neither cute nor adorable, and he should go see a doctor because you shouldn't be doing that.
DL is back on the chopping block with the latest update for me or I'd join your runs; I've got a 100% crash rate as soon the giant dancing cat enters Overdrive. The NY event is literally unplayable for me beyond maxing out my bronze emblems which just makes me want to spend my time headpatting Cthulhu in FGO instead.
At this point, I think there's something wrong with your phone specifically, I haven't heard or seen anything about the raid crashing for anyone else...
Didn't Club Penguin shut down a while ago?
Club Penguin Rewritten and Club Penguin Online still exist tho
btw if anyone wants to play Rewritten and you're wondering who took the name BAN ZELDA, that was me.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Club Penguin Rewritten and Club Penguin Online still exist tho
btw if anyone wants to play Rewritten and you're wondering who took the name BAN ZELDA, that was me.
But it wouldn't be a public raid and the public needs to know about BAN•ZELDA.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So the datamine is mostly finished and the refines are pretty decent. Or at least OK.

Rebecca gets a standard -1 to special, then +4 to all stats if she has a visible buff on her. Great stuff for the Owl woman.
Cordelia gets -2 spd Brave Lance, except she gets +4 atk/spd when her HP is 70% or higher. It'd be better to just give her the perma +3 spd.
Leif's weapons stays the same, but he gains -1 to his special and if the opponent's HP is 100% he gets +4 spd/def vs them... For some reason... rip

But the best one of all is Henry's refine, which totally caught me off guard considering how mediocre my favorite units' refines have been so far. He gets a 14mt Raven Tome and if his atk is 3 or lower than the enemy's atk, they get slapped with Guard and -6 atk/res during combat. I wonder what will happen to Lyon's eventual refine? I think Henry stole his preferred buff. I really wanted to +10 Lyon for my bulky red tome boi due to the higher BST and better stat arrangement, but Henry will do too. I love both bois equally... Even if Henry's scoring will be horrendous.

btw here's some big sips for all the heauxes who are ultra thirsty over the new sword-guy's chest:

Penguins are spooky and terrifying demon birds, so no. Anything associated with penguins is cursT and I won't have that type of energy in my 2020. kthnx

But if Club Sloth exists, that's the kind of place everyone needs to be a part of. Because Sloths are blessT - because they move at Zelda's normal speed.

Why is there a green Shrek butt in the video tho???

That's totally not G-rated, so I'm gonna have call the cops asap. rip2u in 2020

Real friends respect and support their friends life choices and self-experimentation.

So, I was having some troubles figuring out what I want to be my next avatar since the holidays are over -- for now -- and when I searched for rehydrated Ganon, I found this beautiful thing.

Edit: Revali's stupid flappy fingers.
Those are blessT images. :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
EODM07 EODM07 , how is learning to use a fightstick going?

So, today is the day Monster Hunter World: Iceborne launches for the PC. I was waiting for that to wait for a sale to pick up Monster Hunter World. It was annoying that they didn't make a bundle available to purchase or at least dropped the price of the base game. Instead, they had you pay for full price or whatever the base game was depending on sales and Iceborne. Whatever. I'll pick up the game eventually.

As for other Capcom games, the Switch version of Devil May Cry 3 might let you switch styles on the fly? It would be nice if they could patch that into the other HD re-releases of DMC3 currently on the market because it would kind of be a bummer if only the Switch version had style switching. PC does too through mods, though. Downside is that there probably won't be any "TRICK-SWORD-TRICK-SWORD!" moments since style switching wasn't introduced until DMC4 which also had Dante say the style he was in.

FEH: A Literal Child, Muscles Unfairly Bound, and I Am Speed.
3* Draug: +Atk, -Res.

4* Lon'qu: +Spd, -HP.

3* Mathilda: +HP, -Spd.

4* Marth: +Spd, -Res.

5* Nah: +Atk, -Res.
4* Abel: +Spd, -Res.

3* Kagero: +Spd, -HP.

4* Norne: +Atk, -Res. My third Norne and she has the same asset and bane as my second one who showed up as a freebie from a recent banner. Guess she's getting merged just cause.

4* Serra: +Res, -HP.

4* Soren: +Res, -Def.
4* Frederick: +HP, -Spd.

3* Lucius: +Res, -HP.

3* Nanna: +Atk, -HP.

5* Shannan: +Res, -Atk. So much for having CYL Alm and Soleil's neutral offenses. Now he's Astram. I love how he has a window for his chest.

3* Soleil: +Res, -Atk. She was summoned right before Shannan, so I guess she was an omen to what his asset and bane would be.
5* Ced: +Spd, -Res. 42 base speed, 3 more from Winds of Silesse, and 12 more from the speed parts of his tome's Atk/Spd Solo 3 and his default Spd/Res Solo 3 A passive. That's a total of 57 speed. Y'know, I'm slowly feeling like we're at a point where 50 Spd at zero merges is considered slow now.

3* Nowi: +Def, -HP.

4* Ogma: +Spd, -HP.

3* Peri: +HP, -Atk.

4* Wrys: +Res, -Atk.
4* Barst: +Res, -HP.

4* Henry: +Atk, -Res.

4* Hinata: +Def, -Atk.

3* Prisicilla #1: +Spd, -Res.

4* Priscilla #2: +HP, -Def.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
EODM07 EODM07 , how is learning to use a fightstick going?
So far, I think I've gotten a hang of it. The only issue I've had is that I do my inputs too fast that the game doesn't read it. So when I try to say 236A. It'll either read 23A, 26A or 36A, so it did teach me to slow down my inputs. But other than that, I'm getting used to it and I do find it very comfortable on my lap. I do plan on using a fightstick when UNIclr comes out on Switch, plus I am also curious on whether Enkidu will get buffed in that game or not. Getting back to the fightstick, I haven't modified it yet. Mainly because I want to get used to it still before I go and ask for a change on it, such as adding a button to let it play on the PS4.

And now onto BBTAG stuff! :yeahboi:

I haven't been playing it as much unfortunately, but I have labbed out some Celica combos in the game, most of them are loops and enders that allow her to regain health. Which I'll get to sharing on here and in the BBTAG Discord.

1578566937653.png

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
PMD Red/Blue Rescue Team remake hype!!! The fact that it comes out like a week after my birthday (and like 2 weeks before AC) is super cool too.

they're charging $30 each for the Pokemon DLC packs tho lmao

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I thought the Harley Q DC series was going to be TTGO Suicide Squad Garbo, but it's actually 10 out of 5 stars amazing. This version of Poison Ivy is me. Tho most Internet gorls are probably Poison Ivy anyway.

i hate people
but this 1 is ok
i protecc

nobody listens 2 my top tier advice
but w/e sis

plants r radd
animals r cute
humans succ

Worse part is they curse as much as I do IRL. But the show's supposed to be over exaggerated vulgarity/everything else. So I'm pretty sure I need therapy. :^)

Then again, I used Zelda - willingly - as my main character - for over a decade. Soooo~

That was a bigger clue that I needed therapy. :secretkpop:

edit: oopsT I forgot to Like-spam everyone's posts before replying last time. It costs 0 dollars and I get to push a button. and stops me from rereading the same posts over and over. So double-oopsT, sorry for the rando notification spam.

PMD Red/Blue Rescue Team remake hype!!! The fact that it comes out like a week after my birthday (and like 2 weeks before AC) is super cool too.

they're charging $30 each for the Pokemon DLC packs tho lmao
30 bucks is fair imo. People have paid the same for less. It's better than releasing a whole new game for just one new feature tho.

It was only a matter of time before this happened. Over 900 unique-ish characters in any series is waaaaay too much.

I'm glad they're going deeper down the regional form rabbit hole too. I suppose it's possible because their development team can actually get paid somehow + profits being made through DLC. There's no way they could make a huuuuuuuge roster, pay their employees properly, and then just sell us a game for 60 dollars. Not without losing top tier profits/funds for their other games.

lmao @ all the 12 year old Karens complaining on GFAQs tho lmaooooo. "I have to pay for things??? Nonsense!!! I already gave them $1 so they already owe me the entire company." Heauxes, take a hard seat over there with the Overwatch Karens.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
30 bucks is fair imo. People have paid the same for less. It's better than releasing a whole new game for just one new feature tho.
Yeah, I'm dumb and thought they meant $30 for each pack and not $30 for the expansion pass. You can't even buy the DLC packs separately; you have to buy the expansion pass. Honestly $30 for both packs is not too bad, and I'm interested to see more what else they announce about them.

I got Shield for Christmas and beat the champion last night. I only used the best gorls on my team, including one of my new favorites, Appletun. Seriously, it's super cute and is probably my favorite gen 8 pokemon. I wanted to use Polteageist too but you can only get its evolution item from a single vendor who changes his stock once per day and he never had it so I had to bench ha. I was going to choose Grookey as my starter but I didn't want to use another grass type, so I chose Scorbunny instead because Inteleon is an abomination. By the end, Cinderace was pretty disgusting and OHKO'd almost everything that didn't resist fire. The game was better than I expected it to be, even though you could tell they had to rush to get it onto store shelves. The game ends pretty quickly, and the gym challenges can be uninspired. One challenge has you stand on a stage and battle 3 trainers (with some random questions during battle), while a later one has you walk to right and battle trainers before fighting the leader. The last gym challenge just has you standing in a room and doing 3 double battles before fighting the leader. However, the whole Wild Area is a super cool concept and it's awesome being able to play Pokemon in an open world. It makes me wish Gamefreak/the Pokemon Company didn't stick to this yearly release schedule and delayed the game until they could release it without cutting content though.

edit: My final team was Cinderace/Appletun/Toxtricity/Mr. Rime/Reuniclus/Hitmonchan. It's surprising how many of my favorite pokemon made it into the game, especially some of the less relevant ones like Elgyem, Mawile, Spritzee, etc. tbh the only reason I wanted Shield over Sword is because Spritzee is exclusive to it lmao.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
lmao @ all the 12 year old Karens complaining on GFAQs tho lmaooooo. "I have to pay for things??? Nonsense!!! I already gave them $1 so they already owe me the entire company." Heauxes, take a hard seat over there with the Overwatch Karens.
Kiddies:
"EWWWW! DLC FOR POKEMON!? F YOU GAME FRE-"

Me:
48946.png

Speaking of Pokemon, I've been discussing with some others about some of the Galarian Forms and Mons that will be in the Expansion. And here's what I think they could do.

They can prevent the Legendaries from Dynamaxing. So certain Legendaries will not be overpowered (E.g. Landorus-T, well he's already the perfect Pokemon in VGC. :V) Since the non-legendaries can having a fighting chance against them too.

Also, looking at the Galarian Forms of the Legendary Birds and the new Regis made me think about their typing and names of the Regis.

I think Galar Articuno will be either Flying/Steel or Ice/Steel (However, I am thinking it may be Psychic now. So Flying/Psychic or Ice/Psychic)
Galar Zapdos seems like it could be Flying/Fighting or Electric/Fighting. And Galar Moltres is either Flying/Dark or Fire/Dark.

As for the Regis. I'm thinking they'll be named "Regivolt" and "Regiwyrm".

I am looking forward to the new clothing options, since I like customising my character the most in these games and I hope they'll look good on them too. Since I did feel like some of the clothing choices were limited compared to what we could have in Gen 7. I mean, Gen 7 gave use all kinds of dresses, jackets, shirts and even gave me sandals, different hats and so on. So fingers crossed they'll live up to that customisation wise. I also like how we're getting a Gen 2 mechanic back in the form of Apricorns, that is pretty nifty.

Oh, and before I forget, those Celica combos I did. :yeahboi:
Have a little taste of it:

1578655528066.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I got Shield for Christmas and beat the champion last night. I only used the best gorls on my team, including one of my new favorites, Appletun. Seriously, it's super cute and is probably my favorite gen 8 pokemon. I wanted to use Polteageist too but you can only get its evolution item from a single vendor who changes his stock once per day and he never had it so I had to bench ha. I was going to choose Grookey as my starter but I didn't want to use another grass type, so I chose Scorbunny instead because Inteleon is an abomination. By the end, Cinderace was pretty disgusting and OHKO'd almost everything that didn't resist fire. The game was better than I expected it to be, even though you could tell they had to rush to get it onto store shelves. The game ends pretty quickly, and the gym challenges can be uninspired. One challenge has you stand on a stage and battle 3 trainers (with some random questions during battle), while a later one has you walk to right and battle trainers before fighting the leader. The last gym challenge just has you standing in a room and doing 3 double battles before fighting the leader. However, the whole Wild Area is a super cool concept and it's awesome being able to play Pokemon in an open world. It makes me wish Gamefreak/the Pokemon Company didn't stick to this yearly release schedule and delayed the game until they could release it without cutting content though.

edit: My final team was Cinderace/Appletun/Toxtricity/Mr. Rime/Reuniclus/Hitmonchan. It's surprising how many of my favorite pokemon made it into the game, especially some of the less relevant ones like Elgyem, Mawile, Spritzee, etc. tbh the only reason I wanted Shield over Sword is because Spritzee is exclusive to it lmao.
My current and probably final team is Fluffy Moth, Electric Bokrbork, Fire Bunny, Mrs. Pot, Blue Cream Fairy w/ Heart Accessories, and ofc Steel Edgy Birb.

I most certainly love how fluid the Pokemon are outside of battle. They put far more effort into making these creatures actually feel like they're our little neo pets... So we'd also feel properly guilty if we just chuck them in a box to rot or let them die as fodder in Pokemon battles. Pokemon has always been a little virtual creature collector with various reasons to collect them. So it makes sense that their goal is to make us feel for them and notice each one is unique in their own ways. I'm definitely excited to see how they breathe new life into the older Pokemon.

ALL THAT ASIDE!!! I also like all the characters and like how the story unfolds so far. Every Pokemon game has one thing in common - we are definitely a kid or teenager. The one thing this game doesn't have over the others is that we don't get involved in every horrid thing that happens. Oh, an entire building is being held hostage? Someone is abusing Pokemon? A super huge natural disaster occurred? Pokemon rampaging? There's absolutely no way a Gym Leader or League Champion would try to get involved and they certainly lack the power to do so! So it's obviously up to the 10 year old to save the day~ I also love how they take every chance to mention it just to dunk on the absurdity of the previous games "Oi, a lad like ye shouldn' be dukin it out with some ****s like that, ye know? Let us grown folk handle this!" and "omg I know right? Imagine how ****y a world would be or feel if there were millions of useless adults or Gym Leaders/Champions who did absolutely nothing to save the world."

TL;DR it's obvious a lot of TLC went into the Pokemon themselves and even if it's currently only 400 - that's a huge deal. So even if the story is shorter than the rest, it's still enjoyable just to see how Pokemon has evolved over the years. The battles were a main draw, but the biggest main draw was supposed to have some sort of connection with these virtual little critters. It's a shame all the Karens don't understand or appreciate that.

Speaking of Pokemon, I've been discussing with some others about some of the Galarian Forms and Mons that will be in the Expansion. And here's what I think they could do.

They can prevent the Legendaries from Dynamaxing. So certain Legendaries will not be overpowered (E.g. Landorus-T, well he's already the perfect Pokemon in VGC. :V) Since the non-legendaries can having a fighting chance against them too.

Also, looking at the Galarian Forms of the Legendary Birds and the new Regis made me think about their typing and names of the Regis.

I think Galar Articuno will be either Flying/Steel or Ice/Steel (However, I am thinking it may be Psychic now. So Flying/Psychic or Ice/Psychic)
Galar Zapdos seems like it could be Flying/Fighting or Electric/Fighting. And Galar Moltres is either Flying/Dark or Fire/Dark.

As for the Regis. I'm thinking they'll be named "Regivolt" and "Regiwyrm".

I am looking forward to the new clothing options, since I like customising my character the most in these games and I hope they'll look good on them too. Since I did feel like some of the clothing choices were limited compared to what we could have in Gen 7. I mean, Gen 7 gave use all kinds of dresses, jackets, shirts and even gave me sandals, different hats and so on. So fingers crossed they'll live up to that customisation wise. I also like how we're getting a Gen 2 mechanic back in the form of Apricorns, that is pretty nifty.
I just want to see all the other Galarian forms of older Pokemon. I'm mildly disappointing they didn't touch up older Pokemon in terms of stats, but they all still work for the game. They nerfed the battle tower so we could use our favorites at least.

Super psyched for the clothing options since the options are pretty meh. My character looks cool imo, but fancy isn't possible in this game for some reason. Or "dressing warm" like Ice Mom or something.

In terms of competitive, they should've scrapped Megas and allowed the Mega-havers to evolve into their megas normally. With balanced stats and abilities ofc. With how they made Giga forms separated from normal BIG BOI mode, it could've easily been done for Pokemon with 3 forms already like Charizard/the starters/etc.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
My current and probably final team is Fluffy Moth, Electric Bokrbork, Fire Bunny, Mrs. Pot, Blue Cream Fairy w/ Heart Accessories, and ofc Steel Edgy Birb.
My team has been Inteleon (Minato), Corviknight (Arthur), Ninetales (Ran), Galvantula (Wriggle), Excadrill (Teddie) and Hatterene (Nu-13). And I did manage to complete the Pokedex, so now I can attempt to make some competitive teams for VGC and Singles. :yeahboi:

So I guess can talk about my progress with that so far for both sides. :V

For Ubers Singles. I got an Eternatus, Ditto and Zacian ready. Now I just need a Darmanitan, Dugtrio and either Espeon or Excadrill. As for VGC, I got my first Max IV'd mon from Breeding, being Mr. Mime. So that is going to be pretty fun to run, gonna attempt to try out Gyarados, Mimikyu, Duraludon, Chandelure and Hitmontop with the team. If Hitmontop doesn't work, I'll swap it for Rotom-Wash.

I just want to see all the other Galarian forms of older Pokemon. I'm mildly disappointing they didn't touch up older Pokemon in terms of stats, but they all still work for the game. They nerfed the battle tower so we could use our favorites at least.

Super psyched for the clothing options since the options are pretty meh. My character looks cool imo, but fancy isn't possible in this game for some reason. Or "dressing warm" like Ice Mom or something.

In terms of competitive, they should've scrapped Megas and allowed the Mega-havers to evolve into their megas normally. With balanced stats and abilities ofc. With how they made Giga forms separated from normal BIG BOI mode, it could've easily been done for Pokemon with 3 forms already like Charizard/the starters/etc.
Well, Landorus-T will just wreck all of them, lol. But in all seriousness, I am hoping for a lot of that stuff too. Especially the new customisation options and how they'll balance some of the Legendaries like Lando-T. Since that one is a true nightmare to fight since Hidden Power Ice is gone, does that mean we have to try and get an Ice-Type to try and fight it? That'll be a pain.

1578999697709.png

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So far, I think I've gotten a hang of it. The only issue I've had is that I do my inputs too fast that the game doesn't read it. So when I try to say 236A. It'll either read 23A, 26A or 36A, so it did teach me to slow down my inputs. But other than that, I'm getting used to it and I do find it very comfortable on my lap. I do plan on using a fightstick when UNIclr comes out on Switch, plus I am also curious on whether Enkidu will get buffed in that game or not. Getting back to the fightstick, I haven't modified it yet. Mainly because I want to get used to it still before I go and ask for a change on it, such as adding a button to let it play on the PS4.
I need to figure out and learn how to do clean diagonal inputs. Almost all the time I hit another direction and seeing it in training mode annoys me. The input is registered as "proper" and stuff works from them, but still.

As usual with new character reveals, people are going wild. Some people are guessing and hyping themselves up for Dante because of a few coincidences with Devil May Cry related news and the Direct being scheduled within a similar time frame. Dante in Smash would be dope, but at the same time, I feel like someone else out there could be so left field that they might be more interesting than Dante and that's saying a lot considering Dante's arsenal and stylish, wacky gameplay.

Top Bottom