• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters
i love devil may cry combo videos. like really, they're amazing

these types of games always remind me why video games are great

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just remembered I made this tier list as a joke based on the Melty Blood cast. :secretkpop:

1559732236474.png

Thoughts on this tier list Nammy12 Nammy12 ? :V

Also, now to dicuss BBTAG and Dawn of the Breakers. :yeahboi:

So I'm currently looking around to see who I think could work with Gordeau in 1.5.0 now. Since I feel like while I enjoy Teddie, I am struggling with him a bit since I do need to punish more accordingly and other characters can easily snuff out his items with projectiles by hitting him, the Persona or the items. Might try out Yu Narukami again with Gordeau. Since I did see some good success with that team. Or I can go REALLY far back and use Rachel once again, haven't used her since early BBTAG when the game first came out and in the Trial Version.

But at least we got 1.5.1 out to fix stuff... ONLY on PS4. :V
Why is it taking ArcSys so long to put 1.5.1 onto Switch? Do we have to suffer more nonsense from Yuzu, Heart, Yang and the rest of the gang with invincible Supers in Resonance!?

Now onto Dawn of the Breakers. I didn't get to talk about this, but I finally got Black Wolf a few days ago. And I'm super happy with that! She was the other Event SR I was after and now I don't have to use all of my Tickets to try and get her again, so I'm now saving up on Tickets for Episode 4 of the Hololive X Dawn of the Breakers Event (Which I have 31 right now), and even saving up on Spirit Gems (I have 377 now) and even managed to clear all of the Event Rewards and even get almost everything in the Item Exchange in the Lab. Only things remaining are Momi Fir Trees, Oruyanke Figures, 1,000 Enhance Coins (Which all cost 10 Festival Lanterns, Momi Fir Trees and Oruyanke Figures respectively), Black Wolf and Hololive Reveler (Which both cost 1 Hololive Episode 3 Crossover Gemstone), aside from those. I have everything from the shop now. So now I can waste my time in the Arena, and complain how I'm getting partnered with either bad players or losing to players who have overpowered units! :yeahboi: (Currently sitting at A- Rank, and I have to get to S+ Rank to hopefully get everything in the Rewards sections.)

I assume that the update coming tomorrow as the game updates every Thursday will just add in more Login Bonuses during the Event, which I'm not complaining about. Means I can save up more Hololive Tickets for whenever Episode 4 drops (IF it does that is).

For those wondering who Black Wolf is, I'll leave this here.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
o wow, 2 baras are in Pokemon SS for sure ok thnx Nintendo:

lol @ the huge buff dude with the frecklebabyface tho omg. AND WOOLOO OH NO I MUST HAVE A PLUSHIE OF IT IRL RIGHT NOW PLS

btw just added a bunch of sassy gorl songs and ofc some Tsuko covers to the B•GAL because I'm not lazy or forgetful I swear.

I lowkey forget about this site because its mostly dead but I made a quick/lazy video to commemorate Zeldawful not being fixed

https://twitter.com/Fujin_II/status/1134374489301479425
Well ofc Zelda is going to be left out. She's meant to be the training dummy character, so she's not allowed to have 100% consistency or any good MUs. :^)

btw pls recommend some songs to the B•GAL ok thnx.

Oof tier 21 is no joke. I had ladders remaining last week but I've already used up two. A full +10 team with two L!Azura and a flyer team so far. Eugh.

I think I can maintain t21 but this is actually not fun. Not that it ever was.
Yeah T21+ is super boring and lame. I just throw my Oliver at them and if he dies then I just smash everyone into the walls face-first. If he wins, then yay ok. Either way idc. There's not really much to aim for after you hit T20 in terms of prizes.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oh. So all it takes is a day for this kinda stuff, huh? Well then. Where's the Volga muscle-dood art???

Girls we need Smash Ult versions of

View attachment 226352
View attachment 226354
View attachment 226356
View attachment 226355

Idr remember who made the gifs or SecretZelda.png but we need to harass Fernosaur Fernosaur until he gives in!
We must wait for a Sass Gawdess to grace us with ha presence and artistic presents. They'll arrive eventually.

But since they move at Zelda-speed, it'll take a couple of months. :secretkpop:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
sorry I've been busy banning Zelda. Not in Smash, that one is a lost cause lmao.

I think I figured out how to optimally play it while building this thing up. u just spin a lot. u can even sync your spins with your statues and it looks like ur doing a dance together so u KNOW if has to be optimal. Also how do I have a weapon this good already, I've only had the game for 3 weeks and I really only turned it on to scan my amiibo the last 2 days, oops.

Also I started swim classes this week and today I was able to go a full lap without stopping, woo.
Girls we need Smash Ult versions of
Idr remember who made the gifs or SecretZelda.png but we need to harass Fernosaur Fernosaur until he gives in!
p sure those were made by Benishigure Benishigure , gorl come back thanksssss

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Welp, ran into Hungrybox today https://www.twitch.tv/videos/435856709 (43:23). I'm mad I knew about his sing shenanigans, knew when he was going for most of them and my dumb ass still fell for them anyways. Also that Up-B fail in the second game that would have tied things up. I can't believe I fell through the platform, in my haste to punish him.

I think my biggest issue is lack of experience and good opponents. I'm not used to that kind of pressure, so I made a lot of stupid mistakes. I guess this is the limit online and my laziness will take me and it might be time to get serious and start actively hunting for good players. Also I have no idea what I'm doing in the Jigglypuff MU. I can beat the trash ones I normally see, but truth be told, I don't really know how to play that MU. It just seems like a bizarre MU. I don't play at all like this in any other MU, but all I can seem to do to Puff, is just wall her out and hope I can land a sweet-spot or Fsmash at high percents. I feel like this would have been more even, had I knew what I was doing.

I know I'm bad at the game, but it really is a humbling experience, getting two stocked when they're not even paying attention to the match. At least I made the guy who makes people complain about not approaching in Melee, complain about me not approaching lol. While disappointed in how I played, overall I'm satisfied that I've finally gotten an idea of my level. It's been bugging me for a while now.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Thoughts on this tier list Nammy12 Nammy12 Nammy12 Nammy12 ? :V
Shiki's married with a kid, so she's straight unless you take into account Void in which case I'm pretty sure that makes her Asexual.

Thinking about it, Mikiya and Shiki are basically the only couple in the greater Nasuverse that actually has a 100% happy ending attached to it.

Never played Tsukihime outside of Melty Blood so I can't really comment on the others.

I think I figured out how to optimally play it while building this thing up. u just spin a lot. u can even sync your spins with your statues and it looks like ur doing a dance together so u KNOW if has to be optimal. Also how do I have a weapon this good already, I've only had the game for 3 weeks and I really only turned it on to scan my amiibo the last 2 days, oops.
How would you rate the various Musou games on the Switch?

I put soooo many hours into Hyrule Warriors Wii U and 3DS that I might end up getting it for the Switch as a digital copy just to always have one to play, but PW3 and I think DQW1 and 2 are on the system too.

Have you noticed any other changes from Wii U besides Fi getting nerfed?

Also, the latest update for DL fixed my crashing issue a huge amount. It still happens, but its way less frequent than it used to be (i.e., I can play a multiple raid matches in a row without crashing now where before it would be 50/50 odds I could even finish a match before crashing). I think I'm gonna be playing it for a good while at this rate.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
How would you rate the various Musou games on the Switch?

I put soooo many hours into Hyrule Warriors Wii U and 3DS that I might end up getting it for the Switch as a digital copy just to always have one to play, but PW3 and I think DQW1 and 2 are on the system too.

Have you noticed any other changes from Wii U besides Fi getting nerfed?
Ooooooo I'm gonna talk a lot more than I need to about this.
The Dragon Quest games still seem to be Japan-only for the Switch games so yea I obviously haven't tried them.
I'd prob put FE Warriors at the bottom. And I'm saying this as someone who DIDN'T mind the roster's character choice or all of the clones. The movesets that it did have were all kinda basic and there really weren't any characters that relied on a gimmick. The stages were just okay, I had a few favorites but overall it wasn't too terribly interesting. The game itself also just felt lower quality than the other 2? idk how to explain it very well but yeah. Maybe it had something to do with the game crashing on me at least once daily when it first launched. Patches seemed to have helped that but I absolutely haven't forgotten.
The positives though... the movesets themselves were all balanced well. No characters felt too absurdly broken, and there weren't any underwhelming characters (aside from Corrin who's still one of the worst designed characters in any Warriors game). The support convos were all really sweet and I loved them. Pair Up is PERFECT. Character switching akin to what Hyrule Warriors 3DS/Switch had is okay, but I feel like the main point of a Warriors game is that you ARE just 1 person and you're supposed to prioritize what you want to focus on, and being able to control multiple characters and do different things all at once can kinda remove that feeling (I know I'm in the minority there). FE Warriors had this too, but pair up let you swap characters for different situations, but having them connected to 1 controllable entity still kept the challenge of not being everywhere at all times. And sometimes it was better to NOT use pair up in case you really did need to multitask. Plus changing characters mid-combo to pull off really cool combos was extremely fun.

Now between Pirate Warriors and Hyrule Warriors........ uh.......... idk if I could rank one over the other. They have very different experiences but I wouldn't say which is better, it's most likely just down to preference. I'll focus more on Pirate Warriors since you've played HW.
Overall I'd say Pirate Warriors focuses more on learning general game mechanics while Hyrule Warriors focuses more on learning character-specific mechanics. Pirate Warriors will never restrict your character choice (although the Dream Log, its version of Adventure Mode can sometimes lock you out of a small group of characters, but you'll never have to use JUST 1 character for a mission). You could play through the entire game with just your favorite or 2 favorite characters if you really wanted to. Elemental weaknesses and weapon triangles aren't a thing in the game, so you'll never be at a disadvantage purely based on the character that you chose (although Sanji is unable to attack female characters unless you use a special but that's just something unique to him). The game has a Bayonetta-like dodge offset thing where if you dodge during an attack and then attack again immediately after the dodge, you can continue your chain from where you left off. Learning how to do this can make some characters feel MUCH smoother if they don't exactly fit your playstyle (btw there isn't a Hasty Attacks or Astra equivalent in this game). Every character has 2 different attack strings (one on your weak attack string, and one on your strong attack string), plus a third button that pretty much serves as their unique gimmick button (which feel mostly like the Combo 1's for most characters in Hyrule Warriors). The movesets in Pirate Warriors feel just as varied as they do in Hyrule Warriors, with absolutely no clones. The closest thing to "clones" in the game is that Ace and Sabo have the same combo 3, but that's literally it. Weapons don't exist in Pirate Warriors, so you only have character skills to work with. Overall they're much weaker than what you'll find in Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors, but they're a lot easier to work with to compensate. After you unlock a character skill, it's unlocked for everyone. You can swap skills at anytime with no cost. There's a "badge" system too and that works much like it does in the other 2 games. The game overall is easier than Hyrule Warriors, and probably a bit easier than FE Warriors too for the most part. The stages were good, but I still like HW's more.

NOW FOR WHAT'S DIFFERENT IN HYRULE WARRIORS SWITCH, the only other character specific change (also a nerf smh) I've noticed so far is that Ganondorf's combo 6 with his swords (The Slap™) no longer has invincibility on it which sucks but he's still gonna destroy everything so it's fine. I haven't played every weapon yet (still haven't used Ganondorf's Trident, Toon Link's Sand Wand, or Tingle), and some weapons I've barely used (most of Link's since he always seems to end up overleveled for most people so I barely ever use him unless the mission requires him), but everyone else seems to be the same as they were on the Wii U version. I have heard that Wizzro with Hasty Attacks is kinda bad now since he can shoot out less orbs than he should on some attacks, but as long as you don't use Hasty on him then he's the same. Twili Midna and Young Link also don't have the nerfs that I heard they got on Legends. The difficulty is exactly the same as Legends, but since this isn't on the 3DS, the game is able to load more enemies, plus you can use multiplayer again if you need it, so it's a bit easier than Legends in that sense (so every new version of this game has gotten easier, gib back Wii U torture difficulty). The other major change is that damage is calculated like it is in FE Warriors where you now need to take under a certain percent of damage to get an A rank instead of a flat 10 hearts or 25 hearts, so again that helps take away some of the difficulty. Overall it feels like playing Legends, but on a system that's actually able to run the game.
Also I'm gonna complain for a second but wow The Imprisoned is bugged in this game and I think I hate it even more than I did in the Wii U version? Sometimes it'll just decide that its toes are now invincible to all damage, and the only way to knock him down is by wasting a use of focus spirit. And that won't remove the bug either, so if he isn't close to dead you'll prob just have to restart the stage over. It's happened to me 2 or 3 times so far and ugh.
I'd say to get Pirate Warriors first since that would be a new game for you. I'm enjoying this version of HW so far since I barely played Legends, but if you've played enough of Legends then you may want to skip this version.

And I'm glad DL is working better for you! I finally beat my first High Dragon 2 days ago and I'm not too far off from being able to do Brunhilda.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
ooof and here i was ready for the calm summer weather(i can take the heat after all the storms in texas)but apparently there's a chance of some later sunday evening with the threat being damaging winds and hail stones...

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Looking back on that Hungrybox set, I was just under more pressure than I've ever felt, rather than anything wrong with me, so I stopped beating myself up over it. Despite him playing more campy than others, I still felt this pressure that felt way different than usual, like any small mistake on my part would cost me a stock. Caused me to do strange things. I'm trying to work on dealing with pressure now and get my tech and combos dialed down to second nature, but it will probably be pretty difficult to replicate that level.

To that end, I think it's time for a new controller. I got by with the Joycons all this time, because Zelda doesn't require too much fancy inputs or tech, but there are limitations. I use X and Y to jump, so I can slide my thumb to A for the attack or B for Phantom displacement, but that means I can't really use the tilt stick for aerials. Normally I'd set one of the shoulders for jump, but it's really awkward to press the top ones, at least the way I hold it, and I wouldn't be able to do it with any viable speed.

This can make it difficult to do full hop aerials, as sometimes I press them fast enough for the new short hop macro(jump + attack) to kick in. Or I'm trying to space an aerial and accidentally do the wrong one, because I forgot or didn't have time to let the stick return to neutral, after DI. And I really notice it, when I play other characters that need frame tight inputs, like Sheik.

Not to mention the sticks are getting a little loose on my Joycons, and it's probably not a good idea for the Switch's main controller to wear out so soon. I've also been having a weird glitch with them, where they will all of a sudden rumble like crazy and prevent me from doing any inputs, until it stops. It was pretty rare at first, but it's been happening more and more frequently, and I had it happen multiple times in a single match earlier. This will cause me to do things like continually charge smashes or drop follow ups and has led to neutral losses and even a stock once.

I'd normally ask now, if anyone reading this, that has experience with both the Wii U and Switch Pro controllers, what the differences are, but I don't like the GC controller, so I'll probably have to get the Switch Pro anyway, given I can't find replacement sticks for my Wii U version. So instead I'll ask if I should get the wireless or wired version? I'm hearing conflicting things about which has more input lag. Or is input lag mostly a competitive meme and there isn't a real difference between the two? For what it's worth, I have the Mayflash Magic-NS adapter, that I used for my Wii U pro, which has the ability to wire the Switch version.

I might just pick up whatever version is at my local Wal-Mart, if any, provided that my penchant for special editions doesn't have me tracking down the Smash version, but it might be nice to have feedback in the mean time, if anyone wants to give any.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Keanu freaking Reeves is in Cyberpunk 2077. Keanu. Freaking. Reeves. Goddamn. Worst part about it for me is that I never watched The Matrix. Also, his character's left hand cybernetic arm makes me think that Keanu Reeves would have made a good Venom Snake. Emphasis on Venom Snake and not Big Boss, Naked Snake, or Solid Snake. If modding takes off, then all they would need to do is recolor his arm red and give his character a ponytail and eyepatch over his right eye, and BAM! Venom Snake. Anyway, his presentation as far as I've seen and know about it was awkward. It's like the developers, publishers, and whoever else just told him to tell the audience the release date, basic information about the game, and be himself. It felt like "Hey, I'm here and in the game. Here's the release date." I don't even know if he even plays video games or really likes cyberpunk media. He did say he liked interesting stories, but that's not like saying "I like Deus Ex, Ghost in the Shell, etc. and being able to be in a game like those are..." Still unexpectedly awesome.

Psychonauts 2 gameplay was shown off and while I haven't finished the first game, it really looks like it came from 2005 and came from Psychonauts. Stylistically and not that it's a 2005 game in 2019. The way it looks feels like Psychonauts. I guess a comparison would be like how Ratchet & Clank games feel similar from sequel to sequel or how Devil May Cry's gameplay is "the same", but not really. I don't know how to describe it, but all I can say is that it's definitely Psychonauts.

Other than reminding me that I should play a Tales game one day, Tales of Arise looked cool, but also weird. The masked man made me think of the Man in the Iron Mask which would be interesting if the guy was based on him and the story. The weird part was him pulling a sword that looked like it came from a Dark Souls bonfire out of a woman.

Mai Shiranui returns as a guest character for Dead or Alive 6 which had they been able to renew the contract with SNK, then it was a no-brainer to be able to reuse her assets from DoA5 for DoA6. Kula joins her, so the leak was correct on that. Personally, I would have preferred Angel, Blue Mary, King, Leona, Shermie, or Vanessa or Benimaru, Kyo, or Terry if they had chosen a guy from SNK, but I get why they did it. Nobody fights like Kula in DoA unlike with Angel, Blue Mary, and Shermie where you'd have Lisa and Tina as female grapplers and King would kind of be like a less wacky moving female Zack. I don't think there's a boxer, so Vanessa would have fulfilled a different niche, but moving on. Kula would be a very different fighter and a popular one as well. It also seems like they might incorporate her into the story which so far has involved a secret lab doing experiments and Kula would work very well -- as would Angel, Kyo, and I think Leona -- given her ties to NESTS which Kula outright asks NiCO about.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot looks badass as a concept. Recreating fights and looking so much closer to what the anime and manga would have been like if they were 3D. The gameplay worries me a bit since it reminds me of the Xenoverse games which didn't look that great. Apparently, it's being developed by CyberConnect2 who was responsible for Asura's Wrath and the Naruto Ultimate Ninja. If it's one thing they are great at coming from Asura's Wrath, it's making games feel like anime.

I haven't watched whatever was revealed, but Elden Ring is apparently a collaboration between From Software and George R.R. Martin. That's alone sounds awesome. And now I'm reminded of the Silent Hills being canceled. We could have had a Silent Hill game collaboration with Hideo Kojima, Guillermo del Toro, and Junji Ito.

And then there's the Kingdom Hearts III DLC announcement which unsurprisingly made the plot even more convoluted and surprisingly spoiled parts of the game more or less. I get the game was released a few months ago, but it just doesn't feel right. At the same time, I don't think there was enough content if they didn't show the spoiler fights. All it was is one character is yet again not who seems to be and that he's someone even more important.

Finally for this part of the post, the first part Final Fantasy VII Remake has a release data for March 3, 2020: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/09/final-fantasy-vii-remake-release-date-is-march-3-2020/.

As for FEH, Oscar gets the Nephenee treatment to Camilla's Oboro treatment I guess. His new lance has a Killer effect for its base effect and the unique refinement trades 1 attack and 1 speed to him, for both of the base and unique refinement effects of Camilla's Axe, but for cavalry and infantry allies.

Nammy and Virtue if you're reading this, you were tagged under this spoiler.
Unique refined Loyal Greatlance's total effects being this: "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Grants Atk/Spd+3 to infantry and cavalry allies within 2 spaces during combat. If unit is within 2 spaces of an infantry or cavalry ally, grants Atk/Spd+3 during combat."

And unique refined Camilla's Axe total effects being this: "If unit is within 2 spaces of a cavalry or flying ally, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat. Grants Atk/Spd+3 to cavalry and flying allies within 2 spaces during combat." They're different units and I get that her weapon is older and that fliers can stack Goads much more easily, so she can get Atk/Spd+16 from her axe and three Goad Fliers, but a Killer effect is so powerful.

Elincia's Amiti being Swift Sparrow was simple. It works as she wants more damage and speed should she need to double with Amiti, but Swift Sparrow is like everywhere, man. Def/Res+3 like in the Tellius games would have been more interesting as a flat stat increase which would make her like a +HP, -Spd bride Sigrun and if it had start of turn heal effect like the 2 spaces of Heron Wing or 1 space of Ovoid Staff as a reference to her being one of the few flying healers in the series, it could have given her a very unique niche and support capability even if it doesn't help her exactly. Whatever.

Saizo's new weapon and its unique effect being reverse Bonus Doubler, so Penalty Doubler essentially, is really interesting. He'd be great on a team with Aversa, Gunnthra, Hrid, and Yune among others. I could +10 a Saizo, but I remember Smefanye, Virtue Virtue , having a +10 Saizo and it makes me not want to. It's weird, but unless I really like and want the unit to be +10, I try not to +10 a unit you all who play FEH have and instead look at going to +10 someone else that hopefully nobody else hasn't or isn't planning to +10. I guess it's me not wanting to intrude and also wanting to give people different built up units. It's a reason why I haven't done merge projects with Cordelia, Raven, adult Tiki, and Titania. Especially Cordelia because Nammy12 Nammy12 's Cordelia is insane. Legault and Libra I've kind of decided to hold off on too.

And there's Kagero who got an attack check version of Ylgr's Sylgr's Atk/Spd+4 buff if the stat being checked is higher than their foe's for its base effect. A refinable anti-infantry and for that matter, anti-mage weapon isn't coming soon. It's unique effect is weird. It's a player phase only 50% damage reduction regardless of what attack it is unlike with refined Brynhildr, Divine Tyrfing, and refined Parthia, only working against magic, but regardless of phase. Brynhildr and Parthia also only reduce damage by 30% instead of 50%. It works as it helps her deal with mages and healers better with her respectable 28 neutral resistance and get into Desperation more safely, but Kagero has one of the lowest base HP in the game and HP is where most of the bulk comes from for percentage based damage reduction skills. For example, why Seliph and Sigurd want -Res prior to the merge update to tank with Divine Tyrfing and why the Shield Pulse builds Karla, Linus, and Raven run do not care about defenses while HP becomes so much more important to keep them in the fight. Whatever, I'll try to figure out something if I decide to build her. I was thinking of building Sothe up at first, but I decided to wait to see what Kagero and Saizo were going to get. I think I might just promote Saizo since a personal Smoke Dagger is good and the unique refinement is awesome. Kagero and maybe Sothe might just get promoted just cause so I can have more 5* daggers.

Finally, datamine stats. From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/byrdnn/from_a_futures_past_lvl_40_and_1_stats/.

Nah's 44 HP, 34 Atk, 25 Spd, 38 Def, and 32 Res gives her 173 BST and she has a speed superasset and a defense superflaw. She is a gen 3 adult Tiki with trainee BST. Compared to adult Tiki, +4 HP, -1 Atk, +2 Spd, +3 Def, and +8 Res. She loses anti-dragon, Renewal 3, a 2 space sword or dragon Atk/Def Bond effect, and I think default Lightning Breath for more attack, the ability to prevent follow-ups if she's has a field buff, default Quick Riposte, and much more bulk, especially in resistance. Adult Tiki has been in the game longer and would be easier to merge, but damn. It was kind of bad for her and F!Corrin to begin with since dragons had three dragon trainees at launch.

Brady's 41 HP, 33 Atk, 32 Spd, 23 Def, and 28 Res gives him 157 BST and he has a defense superasset and HP and resistance superflaws. I figured he would have had more defense, but whatever. Sakura is the closest to him in stats. Compared to Sakura, +5 HP, +5 Atk, +2 Spd, -1 Def, -2 Res.

Yarne's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 33 Spd, 32 Def, and 17 Res gives him 157 BST and he has no superassets and HP and resistance superflaws. He's like Spring Alfonse, Camus, Finn, and Siegbert as high attack, high or highish defense and speed, but low resistance melee cavalry.

Kjelle's 47 HP, 40 Atk, 22 Spd, 37 Def, and 28 Res gives her 174 BST and has an attack superasset and a resistance superflaw. She's a gen 2 Effie since gen 3 didn't increase the BST of melee armors further. Compared to Effie, -3 HP, +4 Def, and +5 Res.

Cynthia's 38 HP, 32 Atk, 37 Spd, 27 Def, and 29 Res gives her 163 BST and if she were summonable, would have had HP, defense, and resistance superassets. She's essentially a +Res, -HP Shigure, +Res, -Spd Sumia, +Spd, -Def Thea, or a gen 2 Shanna without Shanna's Lance. In other words, another lance flier. Skill-wise, she comes with Firesweep Lance, Shove, Spd/Def Link 3 at 4*, and Drive Atk 2 at 5*: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/byrf10/cynthia_hero_chasers_skills/. If she had Spd/Res Link instead, then she and her mother could give each other +6 to all their stats by moving each other around.

Also, apparently we're getting an axe waifu in the future. :p

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The FEH update was OK. Saizo's weapon is great but it ultimately relies on the enemy not moving more than 2 spaces and also not having warphax. So it's like a reverse Oliver where he has to hope the enemy is debuffed instead of just making sure he's buffed.

If GOODNESSgorl was easier to merge I'd like to have a +10 Saizo as her partner. But there aren't many options for a debuff team that's actually balanced. All debuffers are either chill users, which ties up a B slot and only debuffs 1 person. Or they're ranged characters, meaning bad scoring ofc.

Oscar won for the best weapon+refine this round, though. -1 special meaning Desperation Moonbows, and then +3 atk/spd drive and +3 atk/spd for himself if the right units are within 2 spaces.

Kagero's is situational. Elincia's is great, but not game changing. Saizo's is OP, but relies on enemies being debuffed which is hard to do atm.

We need more melee debuffers. Dark Breath dragons work nicely. But are still so-so options due to what they give up.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
I SD way too much with Zelda and that costs me so many matches online. One or two stock lead and then some brainless SD :<
Mostly because I slide away from the stage when I use upB and down on the control stick to get past the ledge and to get the hitbox (her recovery is freaking insane in this game, best teleport free). But I've yet to learn to space it properly...:>

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
OKAY RIGHT BEFORE NINTY'S E3, I want to mention some ZELDA BUFFS.... in Hyrule Warriors. Also hi Buddhahobo Buddhahobo there's more changes.
For the Rapier, I did remember hearing about the orb versions of combos 4 and 5 getting better hit boxes, and orb combo 5's multihits connect better now (wow, if only they did that to Smash Zelda :):):):):):)). I forgot that in the first post so oops.
But even more exciting, the Baton feels a LOT nicer now! Combos 2 and 3 will now launch enemies towards you (combo 1 might too but maybe I'm just hitting them in the right way for that one, I'm not sure yet). It was awkward before since the Baton wanted to kinda be at range, but then its attacks would knock enemies straight up so you'd have to move toward them to continue the combo and sometimes that brief moment that you have to waste to move closer to them would make you drop the combo. But NOW you can play at a safer range and make them come to you instead, and her combo game seems pretty nasty now. Its crowd control is still great, it can still get KO's fairly easily, the only thing it still really struggles with is giant bosses.
Also I noticed today that thanks to 4+ weapons, Link now has 5 Lightning weapons. There's probably like 15 Lightning weapons in the game now if you include 4+'s, and Link is here claiming copyright on a third of them.

Anyways for E3 itself, last minute predictions
-Wii Fit Switch.
-Another Nintendo Warriors game.
-The codename "Brave" character isn't Dragon Quest dude, but it actually stands for Bravely Default and Tiz is being added to Smash in a few hours.
-Nintendo continues to forget that they made amiibo, and will give them no new (noteworthy) functionality.
-Claude will be upside-down.
-Luigi's Mansion 3 is somehow open-world.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Shiki's married with a kid, so she's straight unless you take into account Void in which case I'm pretty sure that makes her Asexual.

Thinking about it, Mikiya and Shiki are basically the only couple in the greater Nasuverse that actually has a 100% happy ending attached to it.

Never played Tsukihime outside of Melty Blood so I can't really comment on the others.
From what I've heard, Arcueid did mention that she is interested in Ciel, but if she didn't meet Shiki, she may have gone with Ciel instead.

Sion, Riesbyfe and Satsuki being in "Mega Gay" is of three reasons.

1. Satsuki is irrelevant to the story and Shiki even doesn't acknowledge her anymore (She was originally gonna have her own route in Tsuhkihime, but it got scrapped and she got killed off in the story. So now she's just seen as a gag character).
2. The ending of Sion's Arcade story has made people ship Sion X Riesbyfe (Riesbyfe was brought back to life after saving Sion three years ago from Wallachia). And she was only alive thanks to the "Opera House" that was summoned during the night. After defeating Dust of Osiris, Sion forms a contract with Riesbyfe, allowing her to live on in the world. However, since Satsuki and Sion are vampires, they have to rely on Riesbyfe to do things in daylight, as they're weaker by day (And Satsuki teases that Riesbyfe is their wife now).

3. I'm biased and ship Satsuki X Sion and Sion X Riesbyfe.

Maybe I should've put Shiki Ryougi in "Beep Boop" tier instead of "Bi". :secretkpop:

Also, looking forward to Nintendo's Direct for the following:

I'm hoping for Grandia HD. Astral Chain info, Bayonetta 3 info, Smash DLC, Luigi's Mansion 3 and even Fire Emblem. There is one dream game I'd love to see appear at E3. Being Project X Zone 3, I already thought of some units they could add to the game.

Bayonetta partnering with Dante as a Tag Unit.
Sonic as a Solo Unit, while Eggman is an Enemy Unit.

Have a character that is Reiji and Xiaoyu's child.
They did get married at the end of Project X Zone 2
Bring Sanger back, but have Elzam partner with him as a Tag Unit.

Bring back Frank West and Hsien-Ko. And have Kage and Akuma as Enemy Units.
One more I can think of as Nintendo reps.

Pyra and Mythra as a Tag Unit. Malos as an Enemy Unit. And already have an idea how they could make Pyra and Mythra work.
They could be the Pyra & Mythra after the ending of Xenoblade 2. Or rifts appeared again and separated them from their Core Crystal, meaning they no longer share the same body.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Tifa was revealed for the Final Fantasy VII remake and I'm liking her redesign. All they really did was give her a black tank top under her old white one and thigh high socks instead of ankle high ones. The black tank top is kind of hilarious since they could have just made her white one bigger or something. I guess it adds to her design more by having more contrasting colors, especially with her socks since her old design was a white top, black skirt, and red gloves and boots. Her tank top was the biggest thing followed by her skirt while the gloves, boots, and kind of socks if they were visible were more like highlights. The rest of her was skin. Now, the undershirt and socks add even more distinction to her design. Also, the thigh highs you could argue make her look even sexier since instead of bare legs, we now have zettai ryoukai.

Anyway, the one thing I wished they kept was how big her left elbow guard was and that her gloves looked more padded or armed and weren't black, but red like in the original design. Right now, it looks like she's fighting bare knuckle which is fine, but with all the other crazy weapons at least in size the others have in the game, Tifa doesn't really stand out or there isn't a visual cue as to what she's fighting with. Final Fantasy XIII did the bare knuckle thing well by having Snow be the largest character and the symbol on the back of his coat change or stand out as something. Eight from Type-0 also had gloves that looked different from remake Tifa's which look like regular gloves that have very thin metal plates. It might be because the assets for Tifa's gloves aren't finished e.g the metal plates look too flat, but right now, it's the weakest part of her design and that's not a good thing for an unarmed fighter.

So, like with the Resident Evil 2 Remake, the characters are getting different voice actors which is fine. Cody Christian, Cloud's new voice, does sound like Steve Burton and I feel like he does work well for a younger Cloud. On the flip side, I'm not so keen on Sephiroth's new voice provided by Tyler Hoechin. George Newbern gave Sephiroth this sinister, inhuman tone making it clear that there was something wrong or off about Sephiroth. It's not fair to judge by a few seconds of dialogue, but Sephiroth's new voice sounds human as odd of a way of putting it.

Next up, Final Fantasy VIII is getting a remaster that's coming out in 2020. With the way the gunblade works in FFVIII, I hope that if they ever remake the game that they carry over the mechanic where timing its hits with the trigger button lets Squall do more damage. It's funny since Devil May Cry 4 ended up being the game that had a mechanic like that with Red Queen's Exceed system in a hack 'n' slash game. I don't know of any other game that does this and Dissidia doesn't have this which it might have been too hectic or out of their idea for how Dissidia should be played. It'd be crazy if Square Enix collobarated with Capcom for a Final Fantasy VIII remake and made the game kind of similar to Dragon's Dogma as an action RPG with fantastic combat. Cue combo mad videos featuring Squall and Nero from the Devil May Cry series mashed together. :p

As for FEH, I somehow managed to scrape by into tier 20 of Aether Raids. I was at 9440 lift, so only one defense lost would have knocked me out. It didn't, but whatever, I suppose. And with the new banner, all five summoning tickets used for full summons and only a bunny boy showed up. I didn't even get any of the recent demotes like Mordecai and Thea. If it was out of favoritism, Brady was the one I wanted most and Yarne the least. Yarne I never really got to know in Awakening and I didn't really care for him as much like I did with Gerome and Inigo. Kjelle and Nah would be in between. Kjelle comes off as abrasive at times even though I like her design and ignoring Awakening's weird armor for cavaliers and knights while Nah's romantic supports are creepy and not in an amusing way since she's possessive from what I remember. Cynthia being a GHB is one thing, but at least it means I don't have to summon for the pega-pony princess.

I wished Cynthia was a sword flier, though. It wouldn't make sense from a base class perspective, but there's so many lance fliers and lance cavalry for that matter that they should deviate with the regular characters being added in, especially considered that while those units need to be promoted, they can wield swords or axes depending on their promotion. That's unlike with myrmidons who are almost always sword-locked and the weird thing is they did do this with some of the launch characters like Raven starts out with a sword and only is able to wield axes when promoted. Or L'Arachel because Latona on her didn't happen. Hopefully Jill and Juno don't actually show up as lance fliers and instead as axe and sword fliers, respectively.
3* Azama: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Catria: +Def, -Res.

3* Kagero: +Def, -Res.

4* Sothe: +Atk, -HP.

4* adult Tiki: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Ares: +HP, -Res.

3* Camilla: +Spd, -Res.

4* Cecilia: +Def, -HP.

4* Mathilda #1: +Res, -Def.

4* Sheena: +Res, -HP.

4* Chrom: +HP, -Atk.

4* Klein: +Def, -Spd.

4* Lilina: +Spd, -Res.

4* Lukas: +Def, -Res.

4* Mathilda #2: +Atk, -Def.

4* Hinata #1: +Def, -HP.

3* Laslow: +Def, -HP.

4* M!Morgan: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Nanna: +Spd, -Def.

4* Peri: neutral.

4* Azama #2: +HP, -Def.

3* Catria #2: +Spd, -Def.

4* Hinata: +HP, -Res.

4* Soleil: +Spd, -Def.

5* Yarne: +Atk, -Def. Well, it'll make it easier for him to get into Desperation range and his weapon's health based Special Spiral against melee units, I suppose. 38 base attack is definitely calling for a Heavy Blade seal and he already comes with Galeforce.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Remember that time they announced Bayonetta 3 and then never mentioned it again? Seriously wtf

New Animal Crossing looks amazing, but I'm not surprised it got delayed. I can't wait for it to release

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
don't worry I found something that's just as good as Bayo 3 news

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So. Banjo for SmUsh, which I'm sure people seen coming. 10/10 trailer and opening video tho omg. Also their kit looks ****ing hilarious. I might add them to my rotation of gorls. Though the wait until Fall is lame. Not much is keeping my attention on SmUsh since literally all the characters I enjoy playing are pretty garbo and Quickplay isn't any fun.

And that new Animal Crossing looks hella amazing. I hope there's an achievement system along with the collection system. The only problem with Animal Crossing is that it utterly lacked anything to do, which I understand is the point of the game... But if I wanted to play a game that I could only semi-interact with and barely had a point, I'd play the Sims 4 lmao.

Anyway, on to the FEH gorls. So I somehow got Nah because IS is thoroughly convinced I should usher in the Era of Oliver by making Oliver's cheerleader as dummy-powerful-thicc as possible. So now Oliver loses 1 def/res and instead gains an OP charge to specials. Yay for him. I suppose I'll give him Noontime so he can use it after being attacked every single time.

Nah in herself is a stupid character. She has 2 powerful fodder options and is essentially a better A!Tiki. So we know she's not being demoted anytime soon. But now red just got a helluva pity breaker. It looks like none of them will be demoted with how powerful their kits are. But if they had to demote one, it'd probably be Brady who I want the most. I also want Yarne because he is a bunny boi, and thankfully, his art covers up the fact that he has no pants. So he isn't 100% lewd.

don't worry I found something that's just as good as Bayo 3 news
(Bayo3 Full Story Spoilers)
Whoa, Bayonetta 3's story is really dark, sis. That fighting sequence was a little too brutal and gory to watch. At least it ended on a cliff-hanger so we know Bayo4 is in the works.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I was excited to see Brady on this banner because he's one of the few characters I've been waiting for. Ofc the road to pulling him was not easy, but I got some pretty decent pulls along the way.
  • Quan (+spd -res). This is the second Quan I've pulled, and the second -res Quan too (first was +def). I'll most likely stick with +def because his spd is still only 32 with a boon.
  • B!Ephraim (+res -atk). I already have a B!Ephraim manual from whichever LHB he was on, so I'm thinking I'll merge my current one (+HP +1) into the +res copy for the superboon and still have some Special Fighter fodder on hand.
  • Yarne (+HP -def). I liked Yarne in Awakening–I had Lon'qu as his father and he was fun with max luck + Armsthrift. The def bane is kinda lame and HP is a useless boon, but I just am happy to have him. I'm hoping to be able to pull another copy of him to feed to Brady for that juicy Atk/Spd Solo
  • Lugh (+spd -hp). Lugh is not a unit I care about because I've never played FE6, but I will never complain about summoning a 5* exclusive with great IVs. I'm going to keep this new copy and use the +HP one I already had as SI fodder.
  • and then finally Brady (+hp -spd)!!! I liked both Brady and Yarne in Awakening, so I am very glad to finally have them both even with mediocre IVs. I really hope that Brady demotes when the banner ends because I would love to +10 him, but his kit makes it kinda dubious whether he will or not. IS pls do it for me
  • I also got a neutral IV WoF!Hinoka as my free summon on the Flier Formation banner. I'm not sure if I'll merge her or use her for the Flier Guidance fodder.
Edit: just managed to get +atk -hp Brady! I am done with this banner for the moment, but I may be tempted to pull another Yarne for fodder, especially with those beautiful IVs on Brady. If he demotes, I may be tempted to switch to the +def superboon for a CC build. He has surprisingly decent mixed bulk for a healer and he doesn't dump his offenses for it like Azama does. Gotta love that blatant BST creep remembers that Nah is infantry and has literal armor BST.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Managed to get Brady from a Forging Bonds ticket. Neutral IVs. Can't complain.

I also got a golden chair from Aether Raids. Now I can really take the mode less seriously. The 0s in my inventory screen were bothering me. Hopefully that new game mode isn't too bad. Doesn't seem very exciting and I'm only playing it for the rewards.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. Time to go over all of the stuff they showed off during the Direct. :yeahboi:

Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC #1 - I got excited when I saw Eight/Guv appear as an alternate costume for The Hero. So I know who I'll be maining.
Dragon Quest XI S - Ayy, more Dragon Quest! Nothing wrong with that, since I did enjoy DQ8 and DQ9. Might give this one a go.
Bowser - This was cute and hilarious, I loved it.
Luigi's Mansion 3 - I thoroughly enjoyed the first two games in Luigi's Mansion. And I'm looking forward to this one as well, and I love how he still has the Polterpup. He's adorable!
Dark Crystal - I have no connection to this series at all, but I'm sure fans of Dark Crystal will be very happy for it.
Link's Awakening - I do like the addition of creating Dungeons, very nice and cool. I also heard they also brough back the Colour Dungeon from DX. Which is :nifty:.
Trials of Mana Remake - I was surprised that Seiken Densetsu 3 was FINALLY coming to the west. This is often a game beloved by quite a bunch of people. I never played it, but I know Austin from Eruption thinks very highly of it. And speaking of...
Collection of Mana - The fact that we can experience the Remake and the original Trials of Mana is fantastic. If I can, I would like to pick this up. But I'm saving up for Grandia HD.
The Witcher III - :nifty:, but I'll probably skip on this.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - I am curious by the time skip if that means we can romance whoever we want in the future, or if that won't happen. Either way, looks cool and I'd love to get this.
RE5 & RE6 - One is a fun time that face controversy early on, the other is a mess.
No More Heroes III - I, LOVE the NMH series. I've beaten the first two games and thoroughly enjoyed them, so I'm looking forward to this. It looks great!
Contra: Rogue Corps - ...What the hell Konami?
Contra Anniversary Collection - I've heard how bad the Castlevania Collection was, so I'm dreading this.
Daemon X Machina - I'm sad I never played the demo, but this looks like it'll be more hectic then Xenoblade X's mechs. And just like Xenoblade X, Ragna The Bloodedge Patrick Seitz is in another mech game. :secretkpop:
Panzer Dragoon Remake - SERIOUSLY!? I'm surprised that SEGA is remaking Panzer Dragoon. This is god damn awesome. I know Maximilian Dood is going nuts from this.
Pokemon Sword & Shield - I've heard some people are upset over the idea of transferring Galar Dex Only Pokemon, but I'm sure there are reasons for that, such as Competitive VGC. Meaning that we'll see some diversity, but then again they could've just allowed us to transfer every Pokemon and then limit the mons to the Galar Dex. But other then that, incomes the lewds of Nessa. :V
Astral Finish Chain - This is looking more and more fun. Excited to get it, and I do like the music that was playing during it. It has me curious even more.
Empire of Sin - Eh. Not too interested in it, pass.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - I've only played one Marvel game, and that was Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. But this does seem like it'll be a blast to play, may consider getting this. Oh, and the Expansion Pass already? They got high hopes for this.
Cadence of Hyrule - This looks like it'll be a great time to play, I'm sure us Zelda mains know who we'll all be using in Cadence of Hyrule. :secretkpop:
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - I've only played the first one back in 2008. So I dunno whether to get this or not since it has motion controls and all that. Ehhhhh.
Animal Crossing: News Horizons - Welp, there you have it folks. Animal Crossing fans rejoice! :yeahboi:
Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC #2 - I'm very happy for those that wanted Banjo in. I'll be honest, I was not hyped for him. Since I never grew up with his games, but I'm happy for those that did. I was more excited for Eight/Guv anyway.
Breath of the Wild 2 - This. I was not expecting, it looks really interesting and I love Zelda with short hair, it looks great on her.

And now for the quickfire round of lineup games.
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy - It's published by Activision and I hate that company, even though I grew up with this series. PASS.
Hollow Knight Silksong - This seems interesting, however I've never played any of these games and I sadly don't think I will.
Ni no Kuni - I remember watching InTheLittleWood playing this years ago, it seemed like a nice JRPG. Dunno whether I'll purchase it or not.
Minecraft Dungeons - It's Minecraft people. We doing raids.
Elder Scrolls Blades - A mobile game on Switch. PASS.
My Friend Pedro - I've heard good things about this game and how wacky it is.
DOOM Eternal - I have a friend who is looking forward to this, I never played DOOM. But it looks great.
The Sinking City - Probably a horror game or a game with a lot of symbolism and art.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Welp, time to shoot up more Nazis, am I right?
Dead by Daylight - Ehhh. I dunno, I thought it was interesting at first, but I don't think I'll play it. Pass.
ALIEN: ISOLATION - Now THIS, I was not expecting. I know that this is the only good ALIEN game out there. We don't talk about the previous title that Gearbox made. W-We just don't.
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition - I wish they would fix the frame rate, because I did have fun playing this back on the Gamecube.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Minecraft but for Japan. No seriously, I did enjoy my time with the first game briefly and I would like to give this a shot too. Depends if I can find it at a discount.
Stranger Things: Season 3: The Game - Doesn't look that game, so I'll pass.
Just Dance 2020 - TIME TO GET OUT THE WII FOLKS!
Catan - Eh. I don't have any interest in this game, so I'll pass on this one too.
New Super Lucky's Tale - Okay, I thought this would've stayed on XBOX, since this did first come out on their system. As Mascot Platformers go, it seems like a nice relaxing joyride.
Dauntless - Basically a western Monster Hunter? I dunno what to say about this one.
Super Mario Maker 2 - Ayy! Toadette mains unite.

Overall, a very good direct. I'd probably rate it 4.5 :4zelda:s out of 5.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde Alacion Alacion I'm jealous of you Brady-gorls. :^(

I wanted Brady because he is such a sweet and precious boi. Though I can't be mad because I got Nah for the supreme fodder so... Oh well.

Anyway, Saizo's refine is pretty powerful but so awkward to use. Until I summoned a 5* Mordecai 60 orbs +3 tickets after summoning Nah. His gimmick makes him a perfect partner for Saizo. I gave him Atk/Res Link and Saizo has CC. I could give Saizo Spd/Res Link from a Nina I summoned, which would allow him to get +6 to all stats as he is pushed into enemy territory - which also results in a -4 buff to those within 2 spaces of him thanks to Mordecai. Although it means he'd lose Desperation in favor of the +6 buffs... Either way both bois are on my +10 roster for sure. Just because of how fun their gimmicks are and how much I love the Bara Disney Princess that is Mordecai.

Pokemon Sword & Shield - I've heard some people are upset over the idea of transferring Galar Dex Only Pokemon, but I'm sure there are reasons for that, such as Competitive VGC. Meaning that we'll see some diversity, but then again they could've just allowed us to transfer every Pokemon and then limit the mons to the Galar Dex. But other then that, incomes the lewds of Nessa. :V
tbh I've seen so much lightning-fast lewds of Milo that Nessa will probably not be able to catch up.

Updated with the English version. Also, it's clearly the worst situation Setsuna has ever been in. Pls save her.

I just had to. Design is a clear 10/10 :3.
Source:
I like her hair style. Though it's obvious they're going for shorter hair because longer hair is harder to animate on characters who will be moving around like crazy. So it's a lazy choice more than an aesthetic choice, but either way, it's nice that Zelda finally gets a different hairstyle/hair length after decades of the same stuff.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Kagero's is situational.
It's less situational and more of letting her survive her first player phase fight so she can set up Desperation, Escape Route, or Vantage for herself or Wings of Mercy for her allies or be in Brazen range which is partly Kagero's problem and a dagger problem in general. With Kagero, her bulk is just awful since her HP is very low and she doesn't really specialize in a defensive stat unlike Felicia and Sanaki who have high resistance. 28 neutral resistance isn't bad, but each point adds up when she only has 31 neutral HP. New Year's Laevatein has a similar stat spread as her with defense and resistance flipped, but she's a healer who can avoid counterattacks with Dazzling Staff. Similar deal with Elise who has very low HP and slightly higher resistance, but Dazzling Staff is dumb.

Reducing the first hit of damage by 50% is huge if Divine Tyrfing wasn't an indication of that. Or refined Brynhildr for Leo and Parthia for Jeorge. More so on Jeorge since Leo's defenses are good while Jeorge's is average-ish in defense and lowish to low for resistance. While it only works on player phase for Kagero, it still does a lot when you consider that 50% damage reduction lets Sigurd who has 17 base resistance, 20 after Divine Tyrfing, tank magic or units like Karla, Linus, and Raven laugh at having low defenses with L&D3 for Karla and double L&D3 for Linus and Raven.

Kagero dying to counter attacks or getting one-shotted probably wasn't rare, especially later on with more and more units who had higher base attack were introduced. A neutral Kagero only has 53 total physical and 59 total magical bulk. Braving her or being able to follow up makes it even easier to take her out. She has 38x2 physical and 44x2 magical bulk. I don't know the math for it, but at +10 and at full health, Kagero on player phase with the unique refine effect now has around 128 total physical and 140 total magical bulk. I say around, since I think it might have been messed up a bit with the post forgetting that ranged units don't get health from unique refines: https://forums.serenesforest.net/in...eation-thread/&do=findComment&comment=5452538.

Anyway, the problems are that it doesn't really change the issue with dagger units in surviving or doing what they're supposed to do and that the unique refine effect doesn't address the stat disparity between gen 1 units with gen 2 units. The first part became even more apparent with CYL Veronica who was introduced with a resistance targeting Peshkatz with built-in Dazzling Staff. Her ability to safely debuff units is so good compared to dagger units and on top of that, she can also be a good offensive unit if needed. The first part is the damning part for dagger units in general. For a dagger unit to avoid counterattacks, they have to run Watersweep or Windsweep and lose the ability to double, be Jaffar and only be able to ignore counterattacks from mages, or straight up do enough damage to take out a unit which in that case kind of makes them like glorified physical damage ranged units. The latter they would have to use something like The Cleaner which depended on their enemy's buffs, Ouch Pouch abuse, or inheriting a limited seasonal dagger with effective damage. They don't have a Firesweep dagger and they don't have a Brave dagger for all that's worth. Otherwise, they have to be able to survive a counterattack and most of them don't really have good bulk or defenses or it doesn't really matter when you have monsters who can just rip through their defenses.

What happens after Kagero's first round of combat? She's just there to destroy stuff running another Desperation or Vantage build. Debuffs help, but it doesn't seem like the main goal. Saizo needs his enemies to be debuffed before he can to be a super tank. If not, then he or someone else needs to debuff them and it comes back full circle where if it's only Saizo, then he's probably going to need to run Watersweep or Windsweep to safely debuff units and that would kill his player phase, especially after his enemies are debuffed when he can effectively get +12 stats.

That's not to say they're awful units or that the weapon selection they have sucks, but for a pure debuff unit who may or may not be able to kill well, there isn't really anyone who does that. Gaius, Jakob, and Matthew are the remaining gen 1 dagger units who don't have a new weapon. Also summer Frederick, but no seasonal unit has been given a new weapon in an update. Any of them getting a Chill effect including ones like on spring Catria's and spring Sharena's personal eggs or the unique passives of Gunnthra, Hrid, and Yune or dual stat Chills; Sudden Panic or Aversa's Night's Sudden Panic and debuff stats which would only really work for Gaius since he has the highest HP of the dagger units; or the increased area of effect Threaten skills like on New Year's Gunnthra's Hikami or Surtr's Menace would work. The only problem is like you said with an ally for Saizo that it would still be pre-turn debuffs and they could overlap badly. Unique refined Tharja's Hex's would be in combat debuffs, but at that point you'd have to question if you'd rather run an infantry -blade mage or a dagger.

For the stat disparity part, gen 3 ranged infantry have gen 1 melee infantry BST of around 156 to 157 BST. Puppet Delthea comes to mind as being like a gen 3 Kagero where for the most part in stats, she's basically Kagero with an actual HP stat. This is before going into puppet Delthea being deceptively bulky, especially magically, with Death's grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 in combat effect and its flat Res+3 boost. Kagero's 31 HP, 35 Atk, 32 Spd, 22 Def, and 28 Res to puppet Delthea's 41 HP, 36 Atk, 33 Spd, 19 Def, and 28 Res. Puppet Delthea's bulk before Death's stat boosts are 60 total or 40x2 physical and 69 total or 49x2 magical bulk. As a reminder, Kagero's bulk is 53 total or 38x2 physical and 59 total or 44x2 magical bulk. Puppet Delthea's one hit bulk is much better than Kagero's. Kagero has 148 BST, so at most she should get 9 stat points which if you dumped them into her health, then her bulk becomes significantly better with 40 HP. 50% damage reduction would be insane with Kagero.

It's not really between gen 1 and gen 3 since with gen 2, there's already her ninjabbit self and Sothe. Ninjabbit Kagero has similar bulk, but with better overall offenses with 36 HP, 35 Atk, 34 Spd, 18 Def, and 27 Res for 54 total or 36x2 physical and 63 total or 45x2 magical bulk. It might not be much, but it goes a long way, especially since Kagero would be easier to merge. Sothe sits at 39 HP, 36 Atk, 33 Spd, 22 Def, and 21 Res giving him 61 total or 42x2 physical or 60 total or 41x2 magical bulk. That's before L&D3. With L&D3, his bulk is 56 total or 37x2 physical or 55 total or 36x2 magical bulk.

New weapons, good or bad, don't change the fact that gen 1 units are behind in stats compared to gen 2, gen 3, and probably gen 4 units. For melee units, +3 HP from a unique refined weapon isn't enough. For ranged units, it's worse when they don't get a HP increase at all with a unique refine. In the rare cases of a gen 2 or even a gen 3 unit having or getting a weapon that a gen 1 unit has, it might even be worse for them. Linus is essentially a +Atk Raven and the merge update made it even closer when offensively, he trades 1 speed for 1 attack at +10 merges compared to a +10, +Atk Raven because Linus luckily has HP, attack, and speed as his highest stats, so they get +5 at +10 merges rather than +4. When both of them can run L&D3 well, their speed is so blistering that 1 speed might not matter compared to attack. Granted, Raven is easier to merge since he's summonable.

The 50% damage reduction on initiation against the first hit is good and L&D3 on Kagero is not that risky as it was before, but it also feels like it's there to cover up for the lack of stats, mainly the lack of HP, that Kagero has in order to let her even do anything. Before, she had to do enough damage with the Cleaner, Ouch Pouch, or an effective damage dagger or run Watersweep or Windsweep to avoid a counterattack which she'd likely die from.

Quan (+spd -res). This is the second Quan I've pulled, and the second -res Quan too (first was +def). I'll most likely stick with +def because his spd is still only 32 with a boon.
Give a +Spd Quan a Darting Stance 3 seal and he hits 42 speed on defense. It's what I do with my also +Spd, -Res Quan. :p

I like her hair style. Though it's obvious they're going for shorter hair because longer hair is harder to animate on characters who will be moving around like crazy. So it's a lazy choice more than an aesthetic choice, but either way, it's nice that Zelda finally gets a different hairstyle/hair length after decades of the same stuff.
The short hair reminded me of what they did with Tifa for Advent Children since her original dolphin tail hair style probably would have killed them on top of Sephiroth's hair.

At the same time, it made me think that they could have had her wear her hair in a ponytail and that would have been glorious. Oh well, short hair Zelda is nice too.

So, we had SNK Heroines for the waifu lovers. Now we're getting The King of Fighters For Girls for the husbandos. They should have called it The King of Husbands instead of the For Girls thing since it's not only girls who want to them.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
I went ahead and got that pro controller. The button placements aren't as good as the Wii U's, and I can't really reach the + or home buttons, without stretching. I could easily hit all the buttons on the Wii U pro controller, except the power button, which is a good thing you can't. Minor nitpicks, but it was perfect before, so it's a little annoying. I will say the triggers are better, and the sticks might be as well, although it's been a long time since I had good sticks on my Wii U pro controller. I also feel like the handles don't fit my hands quite as well as the previous, though it's not that big of a deal.

Nitpicks aside, it's still fairly close, so I'm happy overall. It's a little annoying that I can't play at full strength, until I build muscle memory, but I think the payoff of being able to access to a shoulder jump button and use the tilt stick for aerials, is worth it. It wasn't ideal quickly switching from the jump button to the attack button, and I couldn't really space them well that way. The only issue I have, is the new short hop macro, applies to the tilt stick as well. So I sometimes press them at the same time and get short hop aerial, when I wanted to go a little higher than that. I also thought I heard they took the ability to Nair by flicking the stick diagonally, but I've been accidentally getting Nair from doing that. Or maybe weird things are happening with that macro.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
[
I take it as an aesthetic choice. And a fairly good one on top of that.
Doesn't matter if it's lazy :p.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GungHo finally did it!

We got footage of Grandia HD Collection! :yeahboi:

I've heard people upset about GungHo just using a smear filter on the 1st game to make it look better on Switch, but to my surprise; they actually went and redone other textures in the game, one example is the Seagull Resturant (Justin's Home), where you can see numerous items scattered around actually have more detail or were redrawn so they would look better for modern systems. Good on ya GungHo!

I'm glad that this was cleared up. But now we gotta wait for the sound effects to be fixed in and other stuff too.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to this collection. Since Grandia is my favourite game of all time.

Now onto Dawn of the Breakers stuff. Since we like to talk about gacha games here (Mainly Fire Emblem: Heroes).

Episode 4 of the Hololive X Dawn of the Breakers event just went live. And they're giving us two new Event SRs for us to get based on Virtual YouTubers. Another form of Fubuki who looks like she's gone full Chuuni (Has a flame coming out of her left eye, akin to Black Rock Shooter), a big ass sword too and her version of this Event SR is called "Firefox Fubuki". And Sha Rue Ys I think is what the other Event SR is called.

Sadly, I've had no luck with getting them yet, even after using 50+ Tickets on it, I might go back and do 1 Ticket per pull to try and get them. The only SR I got from it was a duplicate Gemini. Also, they brought back Episodes 1 and 2, which were more focused on Roboco-san, where we can do them again and this time get 5 Spirit Gems for clearing each part once. Not bad to be honest, there's also the Very Hard challenges too I gotta do as well and of course, getting every item from the Item Exchange from Episode 4's category of items.

At least I still got the overpowered Gothic Marionette from the Halloween Event last year. :yeahboi:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I just looked at the Direct for stuff I glanced over and... AND!!! Seiken Densetsu 3 is getting a 3D remakejdfnjhidfbnd

Me irl atm:

I am so happy. Like. I just thought it was a JRPG that would fall through the cracks of time like most SNES games. That was my favorite JRPG of all time, even with the crit-glitches and mediocre balance. It was basically 16 bit Xenoblade. The new artstyle looks pretty great for everyone but Duran. He looks OK but kind of awkward. Like, the artstyle doesn't allow for muscles to make sense/look OK so instead of changing the face to make sense by bara-tizing it... They mashed 2 opposing styles together. At least his hair is still a 15/10 mane.

Having an official English translation and maybe some expansion on the story/content would be lovely. Though the game was more about having extra playthroughs and not endgame content, so oopsT maybe not? It also reminded me that I bought FF12 for the Switch when it came out and still didn't play it. I still lowkey wanna wait to get a big TV to play it because it just won't feel the same/feel as comfortable playing it on my desktop monitor or the tiny 27"-tv-that-is-10-feet-away-from-my-bed-how-am-i-supposed-to-see-that-omg-send-help.

Top Bottom