• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Welp, I spoke too soon. Half the of the ocean seems to have dumped on us today, mixed with some hail. Streets were basically rivers and there were leaks in my house I didn't even know was there. Last I knew, the highways and Interstate was going to shutdown due to being flooded, so I'm probably on an island now. The irony being that we had drought issues a few years ago, to the point of having water disputes with neighboring states. Now we have more water than we know what to do with. At least I still live in one of the better parts for this, so only have to worry about leaks and minor flooding, not the entire town being underwater, like some areas.

Well in other (late)news, Mystearica did win SOS. Here's the stream archive in case people didn't see. I at least didn't find it without some digging. I haven't fully gone through it myself, so don't have all the time stamps unfortunately. If you're willing to sift through it, there are some interesting MUs to study, that you don't see very often, particularly Simon at 12:40 and ZSS at 2:42:47 and Shulk at 3:56:17. Stream gets choppy at points, but good Zelda stuff is rare and this much MU variety is even rarer.
I'm in the slight risk for severe weather tomorrow speaking of which......

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
In light of the storms spamming more than a Belmont main across the nation...

May the Sass Gawdess allow your make-up to stay on point and your hurr stay dry, sisters.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Holy crap .. I got two Nagas with exactly 19 orbs. Not sure if I wanna save orbs or go for Gunnthra...

Edit: Spent 80 more orbs for Gunnthra. Pretty much got everything I wanted without totally breaking my orb stash. So pleased I didn't need to spend any money.

Questionable IV on the Nagas and great IVs on Gunnthra.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Death Stranding's release date was announced alongside a trailer: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/...lectors-and-digital-deluxe-editions-revealed/. Still trippy as usual. Also, there's an Apocalypse Now reference that someone pointed out.

Meanwhile in the mystical land of ponchos and wind plains. Stuck at 600 units now, so I can't summon without causing problems for myself.
4* Olivia: +Def, -Spd.

3* Sakura: +Def, -Res.

4* Seth: +HP, -Res.

3* Sophia #1: +Def, -HP.

5* poncho kid Tiki: +Res, -Atk.

3* Beruka: +Res, -Atk.

3* Lon'qu #1: +Def, -Atk.

4* Lon'qu #2: +Spd. -Atk. This man rarely if ever shows up with decent boons and banes. It's usually -Atk or -Spd.

5* legendary Lyn #1: +Spd, Res.

5* legendary Lyn #2: +Res, -HP.

Edit: More futile summons.
This one's from the second Bridal banner that was revived. Didn't get anyone, but I did get another Legault and Silas.
3* Beruka: +Atk, -Res.

4* Cecilia: +Spd, -Res.

3* Eirika: +Spd, -Def.

4* Legault: neutral.

3* Silas: +Res, -HP. +Res screams Berkut's Lance, but I don't want to burn a limited unit like that. Regular, summonable Berkut's Lance when?

This one is from Naga's banner.
3* Bartre: +HP, -Atk.

4* Florina: +Atk, -HP.

4* Leon: +Atk, -Res.

3* Soleil: +Spd, -HP.

4* Sophia #2: +HP, -Res.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I threw 95 orbs and got 3 B!Hectors, so now my B!Hector is +5 eeeeee. He is stronk manly man. This really beefs up my armor team.

Now all I need is a Wary Fighter seal to make him truly monstrous. With a Wary Fighter seal and his default weapon, he can be an omnibreaker with Vengeful Fighter. ofc he can also run the standard omnibreaker but imagine how much more fun it'd be with a special modifier. :^)

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
This avatar is a pretty difficult to create. The image where I take it from is really nice but I also want her and the action to be properly displayed but that makes her look rather small in the avatar image, much less her facial expression.
Not quite satisfied with it, maybe I use some Gimp on it as well :sorry:.

But here the real image, I think it's mandatory to give proper credit when using such an avatar:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Spent about 120 orbs and got a Duma (+spd -def; new unit), a Lugh (+hp -res; new unit), and 2 NY!Laevatein (+atk -spd, and +res -spd). I would’ve liked Naga/any of the red focus units/Velouria, but I’m definitely not complaining about what I got. 40 orbs per 5* is not bad at all, and I did get 2 new units.

I finally got my first 4* Thea the other day from the free summon on the Draconic Aura banner! Her lance is kinda niche tho and idk who would want it over all of the other lance options we have. I guess YS!F!Robin can since she has mediocre def and she’s definitely not getting a prf weapon anytime soon so might as well.

edit: I decided to do 4 more circles to test my luck. First circle was just 3-4* units, but the second gave me Naga and NY!Gunnthrá (both +spd -def)! The next circle gave me a +res -def Duma, and the fourth and final circle gave me a +atk -def L!Eirika. I am so grateful to the sassT gods for blessing me today. Those Naga IVs are not bad at all, and I am very happy to have her. Her art is so pretty, as is her incredible breath animation. This Gunnthrá is better than my existing one (who has neutral IVs), so I'll probably kill off the other one for Joint Hone Spd and use this new one. Pulling a second Duma is cool because I really like SoV, but it's kinda lame that I can't merge him to get rid of the def bane they both have rip. I know that +atk is L!Eirika's best boon, but Atk/Spd Solo is too good to waste on a unit I don't care about. Niles will appreciate the boost over swift sparrow.

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
You in Cali, sis?
Nah, Nebraska. Might seem weird, given the description I gave, but we have a weird climate. Blistering summers full of extreme and volatile weather and freezing winters, full of blizzards. We had major heat waves some years ago, with temperatures up to 120°F. That's likely what caused the drought issues, probably due to global warming. Now we have lots of snow melting, plus more powerful storms, which is what caused rivers to flood and dams and levees to burst. Likely due to climate change.

Although, you could say this is also in part due to human hubris, in building homes and settlements on floodlands in the first place. I suppose we would then be similar to Cali, but trying to contain water in dams and other man made devices and drowning, instead of trying to grow agriculture in a desert and being on fire all the time.

I'm in the slight risk for severe weather tomorrow speaking of which......
Hopefully you brought a lifeboat, this is a weird timeline.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Meanwhile, we have really nice weather here. More rain and some sunshine and never really over 30°C (86°F).
Although, the northeast of Germoney apparently has to deal with a big drought. At least in the last few weeks.
Since that region is strong in agriculture are the farmers not really happy about that...

But here (southwest), it's pretty rainy and that's a really good year this time around since the last years have been mostly dry and very hot :<.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oh. The new Sonic movie as a horror movie makes much more sense now.

Spent about 120 orbs and got a Duma (+spd -def; new unit), a Lugh (+hp -res; new unit), and 2 NY!Laevatein (+atk -spd, and +res -spd). I would’ve liked Naga/any of the red focus units/Velouria, but I’m definitely not complaining about what I got. 40 orbs per 5* is not bad at all, and I did get 2 new units.

I finally got my first 4* Thea the other day from the free summon on the Draconic Aura banner! Her lance is kinda niche tho and idk who would want it over all of the other lance options we have. I guess YS!F!Robin can since she has mediocre def and she’s definitely not getting a prf weapon anytime soon so might as well.

edit: I decided to do 4 more circles to test my luck. First circle was just 3-4* units, but the second gave me Naga and NY!Gunnthrá (both +spd -def)! The next circle gave me a +res -def Duma, and the fourth and final circle gave me a +atk -def L!Eirika. I am so grateful to the sassT gods for blessing me today. Those Naga IVs are not bad at all, and I am very happy to have her. Her art is so pretty, as is her incredible breath animation. This Gunnthrá is better than my existing one (who has neutral IVs), so I'll probably kill off the other one for Joint Hone Spd and use this new one. Pulling a second Duma is cool because I really like SoV, but it's kinda lame that I can't merge him to get rid of the def bane they both have rip. I know that +atk is L!Eirika's best boon, but Atk/Spd Solo is too good to waste on a unit I don't care about. Niles will appreciate the boost over swift sparrow.
I was hoping for a L!Hero but B!Hector was a pleasant surprise for sure, especially since I got 2 of him in 1 my last pull lmao. But you did get pretty good gorls, with Lugh being the exception because he's as garbage-y as his twin brother.

Anyway, Thea is total garbo. She's essentially the new Merric since she can pity break you and isn't very special. While she's technically a better Shanna BST wise, her kit isn't anything special and her personality is generic garbage. I hope you never get pity broken by that lame heaux.

Nah, Nebraska. Might seem weird, given the description I gave, but we have a weird climate. Blistering summers full of extreme and volatile weather and freezing winters, full of blizzards. We had major heat waves some years ago, with temperatures up to 120°F. That's likely what caused the drought issues, probably due to global warming. Now we have lots of snow melting, plus more powerful storms, which is what caused rivers to flood and dams and levees to burst. Likely due to climate change.

Although, you could say this is also in part due to human hubris, in building homes and settlements on floodlands in the first place. I suppose we would then be similar to Cali, but trying to contain water in dams and other man made devices and drowning, instead of trying to grow agriculture in a desert and being on fire all the time.
ofc a true Zelda main would live in a naturally unviable location. It is our nature to pick the worst of things to use or dwell in. :secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I was hoping for a L!Hero but B!Hector was a pleasant surprise for sure, especially since I got 2 of him in 1 my last pull lmao. But you did get pretty good gorls, with Lugh being the exception because he's as garbage-y as his twin brother.
B!Hector is still the only CYL unit I'm missing, which does kinda surprise me considering how many banners he has been on already. It's also kinda annoying to me because I like Hector and want to have him, but also because he's the single best lance armor as of now. In an ideal world, Lugh would have demoted alongside Thea because he lacks a unique weapon in a bloated class and his skills are niche, but IS needs whales to spend for those 300SP assists.

Anyway, Thea is total garbo. She's essentially the new Merric since she can pity break you and isn't very special. While she's technically a better Shanna BST wise, her kit isn't anything special and her personality is generic garbage. I hope you never get pity broken by that lame heaux.
Yeah, Thea is just bad. She's like our 782nd lance flier, and she has absolutely nothing to set her apart from her competition. Maybe if she had a prf she'd be worth using, but she's just outclassed so hard. Even the other F2P accessible lance fliers have prfs (Shanna/Catria/Clair/etc.) or better offensive spreads (Cordelia/Shigure). There's basically no reason for her to exist, aside from breaking pity rates I guess. Seriously though, she may be the worst pity breaker unit as of now, especially since you can still get her on new and special heroes banners. My condolences for getting your pity rate broken by her, sis.

I did a few more pulls and got L!Tiki (+atk -def) and a third NY!Laevatein (+spd -res) in the same circle. This banner has been very kind to me, and I am very grateful.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
death stranding looks really gooooooood
Sticks and ropes. It'd be hella dope if we could go Jackie Chan on people with the ladder.

It really does. The one thing that always struck me with Kojima Production games is their facial animation and models. Before and after face scanning, they always look good and not that uncanny. Meanwhile, you have other studios go for photorealism and it just looks either bad or creepy and uncanny. Sometimes it's the lighting or angles of the shots, but there's just something they didn't account for that Kojima Productions do. It's even worse when the game aims for a more film-like or drama feel like Heavy Rain. Freaking Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 had faces that looked nicer and in motion than that.

Still sucks that Konami still owns and basically squats on Fox Engine. Anyway, I'll have to eventually get a PS4 or maybe a PS5 or hope for a PC port because I won't be able to play Death Stranding.

Extreme defense tanks like Lukas and Silas could use Vanguard pretty well, but legendary Alm exists, so... Thea herself has good mixed bulk, but there's so many lance fliers and it's really competitive. For general mixed bulk, Catria, Florina, and Shigure are friendlier options since you can summon them as 3* to 4* units and they've been in the game longer than she has. Offensively, they're also better. Catria's self-explanatory with Whitewing Lance, Florina has effective damage against armors with her lance, but she is slower than the others and her unique refinement only works against melee units; and Shigure has Harmonic Lance and higher offenses at the cost of defenses.

Pulling a second Duma is cool because I really like SoV, but it's kinda lame that I can't merge him to get rid of the def bane they both have rip.
What do you mean? If you merge them, -Def disappears and he'll be either +Res or +Spd depending on which you choose. That's unless you're not planning on using one for Bold Fighter or Def/Res Solo.

I know that +atk is L!Eirika's best boon, but Atk/Spd Solo is too good to waste on a unit I don't care about. Niles will appreciate the boost over swift sparrow.
Grind her HM for that 5k feathers first. Also, Lunar Brace is dumb.

There's basically no reason for her to exist, aside from breaking pity rates I guess.
But Seal Spd/Def is such a good skill, though. :p

Also, apparently this is a thing. There's a part 2.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Did as many of the legendary battles that I hadn't finished and got almost 30 orbs. I just spent them plus a little extra and got another Naga. Bless this banner.

Roughly 140 orbs spent and got 3 Nagas and a Gunnthra. Not pushing my luck any more not that there's any left.

I've gotten Thea like 4 times from free summons alone. I have her lance on Lukas and it's been amazing. I dislike Thea. She's good for flowers and feathers at least.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
no buffs in the latest balance patch.....
No nerfs either. Not a win, but not a lose. Welcome to the Falco patch history club. :p

Lost children keep showing up to my door. At least a mom accompanied one of them later. Oh, and a beautiful ice prince. Ylgr's the only missing Nifl sibling now.
3* Hawkeye: +Res, -HP.

3* Leon: +Def, -Res.

3* Oboro: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Roy: +Atk, -Spd.

5* poncho Tiki: +Spd, -Atk. Special Fighter would be great on her. I also just realized that I could give Zelgius Fierce Breath and Bold Fighter 3 thanks to the skill inherit cap being four skills now. I want to give Saber Fierce Breath so he can easily sustain his special for Golden Dagger's unique refinement. Darting Breath when? Dual Breath skills when?

4* Cordelia: +Spd, -HP.

3* Draug: +HP, -Spd.

4* Hana: +Atk, -Res.

5* Hrid: +Def, -Spd. 39 base defense. Would have preferred +Res so he could tank mages and dragons more easily, but whatever. Pretty awesome.

5* Naga: +Spd, -HP. I find it amusing that she and Thea are basically blue, flying Selenas with gen 2 BST. Selena's 37/25/35/32/28 to Naga's 37/30/36/33/26 and Thea's 37/31/35/31/28.

3* Henry: +Spd, -Res.

5* Lugh: +Spd, -Res. Not much I want from him. Gronnserpent is useful on units like sandwich Leo, but his default tome has Mirror Stance 2 and he can run -owl tome well like most of the tankier mages which also includes F!Robin. Well, I guess my first Lugh who was +Def, -Res gets to be +Spd now. Kind of weird

4* M!Morgan: +Def, -Atk.

3* M!Robin: +Res, -Atk.

4* Sully: +Spd, -Res.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. Finally got my current University stuff done.

So now, I can relax and play Smash BBTAG and feel bad for my boy Gordeau! :yeahboi:

Speaking of BBTAG, I managed to do this. So I'll just Lil Puddin Lil Puddin again, since he likes the buff boys and Teddie. :secretkpop:

(Yang's the dummy for this because she's a trash waifu with trash music and is trash taste.)

Also, onto Gacha stuff!

They updated the game to give more Tickets now (Thank god), and even added harder difficulties which I'm happy for, means I can get more stuff and goodies from the Co-Op side. Still hoping to get Black Wolf, but I instead got another Hololive Reveler, which I decided to use to increase my original's Limit Break to +3. I'll try my luck some more on getting her, since I would like to get Black Wolf. She even has a JoJo reference and even goes "ORAORAORAORAORA!!" for her Ultimate Skill. :V

And one of the Stages is perfect for farming for Items to use in the Item Exchange at the Lab. This one stage now gives about 40 - 50 items per run, so I'll be using that as an opportunity to get what I need and hopefully get that SR I want.

May save up on Spirit Gems for it too. Hopefully...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So I'm thinking... Divine Fang isn't that useful and widely inconsistent. Astra/Anima seasons will cause people to not use dragons on defense.

Her prf relies on Divine Fang though... Or a dragon emblem team. Consistency and flexibility wise, a dragon emblem team seems ideal which is my main team. I'm thinking of giving Naga Lightning Breath as I really see her as a defensive unit but her ATK is actual trash.

Probably not making tier 21 this week. Tier 20 is quite hard. I'll finally have 250 max Aether next week which should make life a little easier. Having a level 2 def fortress causes me to lose nearly every defense. I won't have Faye in Astra season anymore which is depressing :(

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Dunno if I read the SnS5 Swiss Pools correctly but looks like Ven will get some Ness PTSD since he probably faces Gackt in his pool :smash:.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Had five people disconnect on me over the past two days, four in one day. I'm hoping they'll do something about this, I don't want Ultimate turning into SFV. Setting aside not getting the GSP I deserve, it's annoying to have to fight a computer. I get that they're trying to simulate the rest of the match, but computers can't replace human players, so it's ultimately pointless. I'd rather it just kick me back to the character select, so I can queue another match.

Also played a lag switching Luigi today. When I went to report him, I checked his play time and it was 75 hours lol. Somehow, I don't think you can get to the upper levels of Elite with only 75 hours of play, legitimately.

ofc a true Zelda main would live in a naturally unviable location. It is our nature to pick the worst of things to use or dwell in.
;):secretkpop:

Dunno if I read the SnS5 Swiss Pools correctly but looks like Ven will get some Ness PTSD since he probably faces Gackt in his pool
Hopefully, his FOW experience will help him. And if I'm reading that time correctly, they're starting rather late, so I'll probably be sleeping through it :confused:. Hopefully, they'll be on stream.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
We have two chances of Zelda on stream, and I hope both Ven and Mystearica will make Top 32.
You can at least hope but that char is just ehh :secretkpop::>.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Either see K.Rool fanboys lashing out at me for saying his minor buff was trash or i get insulted for claiming zelda needs buffs.....

no bueno

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Cress! Cress! is it me, or is WFT able to more consistently bury people with Jab3 even when they're not at low %s?

Anyway as for the patch as a whole. Characters who needed nerfs got nerfs, thankfully. But then already powerful characters got consistency buffs or just outright buffs. Which is ??????? inducing at first. For the most part this patch focused on fixing hitbox consistency which is a buff to all characters. Some bad characters got some tweaks. Ironically, the multi-hit consistency is all Zelda had going for her over the other multi-hit characters. So. Oops. Each "change" is just a hilarious way to make sure Zelda stays low tier.

tbh it seems like the roster has 2 sides. Casual and competitive. Zelda, WFT, Incineroar, etc are the casual character and they will be balanced as such - so just make their tombstones now. Whereas Fox, ZSS, Pikachu, etc are the competitive characters and will be balanced as such.

I Either see K.Rool fanboys lashing out at me for saying his minor buff was trash or i get insulted for claiming zelda needs buffs.....

no bueno
Both need buffs. And saying a buff is trash isn't really the way to go about it. Saying it wasn't enough, however, is the right way to go about it.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
that's basically what i said i said that the buff was so minor it practically didn't exist and then someone came in here sayingg K.Rool's already had some major buffs as it is so him just getting the up-air buff shouldn't bother me too much although this person claiming that K.Rool's last few balance changes have boosted him up through the tier list has me wondering what game they are playing

this patch just disappointed me as a whole(from zelda having nothing to K.Rool getting a buff nobody notices most of the time now)

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Cress! Cress! is it me, or is WFT able to more consistently bury people with Jab3 even when they're not at low %s?
I haven't even updated Smash yet, I've been too busy slamming Hyrule Warriors into a wall for the last 4 days until it gives me even a single weapon with Hasty Attacks. I've gotten every other 4,000 KO skill multiple times (Heart Strong alone I've seen over 10 times), but not a single Hasty. I don't really care what weapon it even drops on, I just wanna see it because I'm starting to doubt that the skill even exists. Hasty Volga and Toon Zelda did seem too good to be real so maybe dreaming about it for the past 4 years isn't that ridiculous. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Looks like ven's Ness knowledge helped him S StoicPhantom : 2-0 vs. Gackt.
But sadly none of Ven's matches will be on stream because they already removed the stream set-up :drsad:.

(These Drifloon emotes are just too cute :drflip:)

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Looks like ven's Ness knowledge helped him S StoicPhantom : 2-0 vs. Gackt.
Good, good.
But sadly none of Ven's matches will be on stream because they already removed the stream set-up
...Not good. I was actually mad when I found that out. I haven't heard good things about how they're handling this tournament.

Regardless, they both seem to have placed well, even though Mystearica seems to have gotten screwed by the dumb rules a little. Looking through Ven's potential bracket, he's got Salem, Samsora, MKleo, and Dabuz as possible opponents, which has me worried.

I also nearly had a heart attack when smash.gg incorrectly listed Mystearica as getting 2-0'd. They need to not do that.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Had to step away for a few minutes and come back to find it over. Just how quick was that match? I guess I'll have to see the replay.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
First match was really solid. Nice phantom techs from Myst.
The 2nd match was rather bad by Myst or his opponent adapted really fast. Last stock was an SD from the Falcon player when Myst was already at kill percent and if I'm not mistaken Falcon was at really low percent. Definitely got somehow lucky here.

Also what's the benfit from leaving Division 3 on the the Winner side? They are still in losers of Division 2 and the ones that left Division 3 on the Loser side are treated the same?

Like, dafuq?

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
First match was really solid. Nice phantom techs from Myst.
The 2nd match was rather bad by Myst or his opponent adapted really fast. Last stock was an SD from the Falcon player when Myst was already at kill percent and if I'm not mistaken Falcon was at really low percent. Definitely got somehow lucky here.

Also what's the benfit from leaving Division 3 on the the Winner side? They are still in losers of Division 2 and the ones that left Division 3 on the Loser side are treated the same?

Like, dafuq?
Oh Falcon, that explains why that went so quickly.

Looking over the tournament, it seems the Divisions are supposed to be their own little tournaments, inside the larger tournament. Swiss pools decided who would go into Winners(1) and Losers(2 & 3). From there, you play like a normal tournament, Winners move on to the next, Losers get eliminated. Those who win, are still technically in Losers in the grand scheme of things, so they start in Losers in the next Division. So Ven winning his pools, is in the Winners bracket and Mystearica who didn't, is in the Losers. From there, Ven just plays like normal in his bracket, but Mystearica has to work through "Losers".

At least, that's how it seems.

Edit: They uploaded that replay rather fast. Seemed like Mystearica dropped a lot of stuff or got a little too overaggressive at times, but it was still going to be close, even if the opponent didn't SD.

Edit 2: Looks like Ven and Mystearica both got 33rd. Seems Mystearica SD'd a lot and Ven had a somewhat close set with Captain L. Stayed up way too late for this, so I better go to bed.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
What do you mean? If you merge them, -Def disappears and he'll be either +Res or +Spd depending on which you choose.
You're totally right, and I should have further clarified that two separate +0 mythics reduce more lift lost than a single +1 mythic does. I believe they changed the AR Defense formula so that 2 +0 Dumas and 3 anima blessed units would mean a total wipe would only be -40 lift. I'm not really big into AR and mostly avoid the mode in general, but so I'm not really sure if it's worth it. I'm just going to merge into +res copy for the even 34/34 defenses. Spd is Duma's clear dump stat and it's mostly useless on him due to his prf preventing doubles on units with <100% HP. Then again, Duma's C skill does stack too...maybe I won't merge idk.

Duma isn't great fodder imo because Bold Fighter is on a billion other, less premium units and Def/Res solo is pretty niche when other skills like DC or breaths are better in the A-slot for EP units.

Extreme defense tanks like Lukas and Silas could use Vanguard pretty well, but legendary Alm exists, so... Thea herself has good mixed bulk, but there's so many lance fliers and it's really competitive. For general mixed bulk, Catria, Florina, and Shigure are friendlier options since you can summon them as 3* to 4* units and they've been in the game longer than she has. Offensively, they're also better. Catria's self-explanatory with Whitewing Lance, Florina has effective damage against armors with her lance, but she is slower than the others and her unique refinement only works against melee units; and Shigure has Harmonic Lance and higher offenses at the cost of defenses.
Shigure was one of the candidates I was considering, so I'm glad to see you mention him. I've tried out some more defensive-oriented sets on Shigure and he performs pretty well tbh, even if his tanking stats are unimpressive. He's on my list of eventual merge projects for sure, but I'm not sure when I'll actually get around to him. Catria in particular deserves a mention when it comes for 3-4* lance fliers–her and Est are two of the biggest winners from the refinery updates. I would say that Catria's -1 special cooldown is better than Est's armor effectiveness, but both are very good obvs–even Palla's sword is good, even if TA isn't as broken as the other two. Florina's prf is kinda disappointing because it didn't really do that much to fix her glaring flaws. It seems IS looked at her awful statline and were like "uhhh....turn her into a weird armorslayer/melee tank." Florina needed the Niles treatment and IS slammed the door in her face.

Grind her HM for that 5k feathers first.
oopsT :eyes:

fr tho I always forget to HM grind. It's the same with Heroic Ordeals too.

Should I give DC + Null C Disrupt to Donnel? I've decided that he's going to be my next merge project. Also, is the res superboon worth considering on him? I feel like +atk is generally more useful because it affects all of his MUs, which res is only relevant vs. mages/manaketes/healers.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Duma isn't great fodder imo because Bold Fighter is on a billion other, less premium units and Def/Res solo is pretty niche when other others like DC or breaths are better in the A-slot for EP units.
Duma I feel like is a bit like Meisterhardt in that he's a rare unit where the skills you can get from him are on other common units. It's a bit of stretch with Duma, though, since Bold Fighter while on a lot of units, is a 5*-only summonable skill while Meisterhardt's Death Blow, Vantage, and Pavise if you really want that are on a 3* to 4* summonable units. Spur Atk/Def is the only 5*-only thing he has and shared with summer Tana, but anyway, unless you desperately need one of the skills Meisterhardt has or really need to get rid of units, merging him or fielding multiple copies of him would likely go a long way. Same deal with Duma who's also a mythic hero, so he can provide stat bonuses and Upheaval stacks as you noted.

Duma's a very stupid unit when you think about it even if some people think the mode he was being sold for, Aether Raids, is where he's actually not that good. He ties for the second highest attack at 40 base neutral with winter Chrom, Effie, legendary Hector, and M!Grima and like legendary Hector and M!Grima, he has an attack superboon bringing him up to 44 base neutral. The difference is that his personal breath takes it further with its +3 Atk stat boost and enemies who aren't at full health add another +6 to his attack and resistance. That's 63 total attack against full health foes and 69 against units who aren't at full health. Against some units, Duma doesn't even need Bold Fighter or Upheaval damage when he can straight up one-shot them. M!Grima can do the same thing, especially against blues, but his raw attack power is lower than Duma's. His downfalls is that he is still an armor and one who doesn't come with Distant Counter in any form like Caineghis, M!Grima, or the Black Knight/Zelgius, so he can be cheesed by ranged units. Being an armor is also a problem for a unit who can one-shot units since it's going to be very difficult for him to get to them without some help. His defense isn't also that great. 34 base is still high, but it's not stupid high like Surtr's 40. And Duma being a colorless unit is a double-edged sword where he isn't weak to any units, but -raven mages, anti-dragon units, and anti-armor units and he's also not strong against anyone else either.

I would say that Catria's -1 special cooldown is better than Est's armor effectiveness, but both are very good obvs–even Palla's sword is good, even if TA isn't as broken as the other two.
Catria's Whitewing Lance is the most flexible of the Whitewing weapons and her stats are arguably better distributed offensively since she's not like Est who dumped some speed to have high attack or Palla who's a jack of all trades and the more defensive of the sisters. Est's Whitewing Spear, however, and her high attack means she can tear through armors and sometimes regardless WTD. In general, she will hit the hardest too with her much higher base attack than her older sisters. People harp on Palla's Whitewing Sword being a personal Ruby Sword, but I feel like it was deliberately chosen because of who Palla is. This would also go with why her default weapon was Ruby Sword to begin with. Palla always looked after Catria and Est and in gameplay for FEH, that means she's covering for their weaknesses which in this case would be greens and in an extreme way as well. At the same time, I get the feeling she neglects herself in favor of her sisters and in-game, that means she's leaving herself even weaker against blue units. You could even argue that Palla being that weak to blues is if she ever found herself in a situation where she had to fight Catria or Est, she would definitely hold back to prevent hurting them.

The developers probably just gave them personal weapons with their default, generic weapon's base effect, so I'm probably just overthinking things, but it just makes sense to me why Palla's Whitewing Sword would be a gem weapon and why her role as an anti-green specialist makes sense when you think about her sisters who are both lance fliers.

Florina's prf is kinda disappointing because it didn't really do that much to fix her glaring flaws. It seems IS looked at her awful statline and were like "uhhh....turn her into a weird armorslayer/melee tank." Florina needed the Niles treatment and IS slammed the door in her face.
Well, they were the ones who gave her those stats when it made no sense for her considering what she was like in Blazing Blade. Florina stats probably should have been closer to Caeda's which would probably cause a problem with Clair, Shanna with less defense and maybe health for resistance and speed, or even Selkie's which would be hilarious since she'd be so damn frail and without anyone really to bump up her defense like Selkie can with her Kitsune Kit Fang.

She can still end up being deceptively bulky, especially physically, and fast with her lance. It's just Florina is a weird and unfortunate creature.

Should I give DC + Null C Disrupt to Donnel? I've decided that he's going to be my next merge project. Also, is the res superboon worth considering on him? I feel like +atk is generally more useful because it affects all of his MUs, which res is only relevant vs. mages/manaketes/healers.
Do you trust in him being able to reliably one shot or survive enough encounters with +Atk over +Res or do you want to maximize his resistance as much as possible? There's also +Spd if you want him to avoid as much doubles as possible and ensure more doubles as possible.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Oh Falcon, that explains why that went so quickly.

Looking over the tournament, it seems the Divisions are supposed to be their own little tournaments, inside the larger tournament. Swiss pools decided who would go into Winners(1) and Losers(2 & 3). From there, you play like a normal tournament, Winners move on to the next, Losers get eliminated. Those who win, are still technically in Losers in the grand scheme of things, so they start in Losers in the next Division. So Ven winning his pools, is in the Winners bracket and Mystearica who didn't, is in the Losers. From there, Ven just plays like normal in his bracket, but Mystearica has to work through "Losers".

At least, that's how it seems.

Edit: They uploaded that replay rather fast. Seemed like Mystearica dropped a lot of stuff or got a little too overaggressive at times, but it was still going to be close, even if the opponent didn't SD.

Edit 2: Looks like Ven and Mystearica both got 33rd. Seems Mystearica SD'd a lot and Ven had a somewhat close set with Captain L. Stayed up way too late for this, so I better go to bed.
Yeah. Too bad one of the matches in winners was Salem vs. Ven and of course this wasn't streamed with one or two other matches. Meaning there is nothing to look at despite the high ranking. Two Zeldas in top 33rd and no match of Ven and only 2 of Mystearica were streamed. Kinda sad :(.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ahh I'm guaranteed tier 21! I really hope tier 21 is less stressful like everybody is saying. I'm not aiming for the top, I'm just hoping to say in. It is whale territory which frightens me although I have spent money myself. Astra season also sounds horrible. Naga doesn't have the utility Eir does.

Now that I've reached tier 21, should I spend my dew on upgrading my max Aether to 250 or invest in a level 3 def fortress?

Shoutouts to all the ridiculous units I've had to defend against along the way: https://imgur.com/a/oRPonja

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
G O R L S
I T
I S
H A P P E N I N G

in FEH
Two great husbandos, Saizo™-Pec-Cleavage-The-5th and Precious Husbandbro Oscar, are getting prfs and refines! Also, two other not-lame units, Elincia and Kagero, are also getting prfs and refines. So we had to endure two awful months of lame refines and now we get 4 good choices in a single update. I wonder what they'll get.

I do hope Kagero keeps her infantry slayer effect, only so she can have something super unique. Offensive dagger units are a dime a dozen. Though a debilitating status infliction or another type of slayer works too.

Oscar is a great blue lance unit so he's fine with his base stats alone. If they do saddle him with a gem weapon, I hope they at least give him a Def or Atk Tactics to go with it. A gem weapon without a support effect is kind of useless. Especially if the unit doesn't need a gem weapon to put out some decent damage.

Elincia is also a great unit with her base stats/prf. So just about anything for her is a good idea. I think it'd be neat if they just gave her a refine that gives herself some tele-hax. Sort of like a reverse Hinoka refine.

As for Saizo... I don't really know what they could give him. Giving him something like a -1 Special with Bold Fighter 3 would make him amazing and it'd allow him to use his def stat for something. Though I suppose a -1 special/+10 special damage combo could work too without being as absurd as having Bold Fighter. Either way, I hope he becomes viable as an attacker that also uses his rather useless but above average def.

Ahh I'm guaranteed tier 21! I really hope tier 21 is less stressful like everybody is saying. I'm not aiming for the top, I'm just hoping to say in. It is whale territory which frightens me although I have spent money myself. Astra season also sounds horrible. Naga doesn't have the utility Eir does.

Now that I've reached tier 21, should I spend my dew on upgrading my max Aether to 250 or invest in a level 3 def fortress?

Shoutouts to all the ridiculous units I've had to defend against along the way: https://imgur.com/a/oRPonja
Once you get into T21 you just stay there without much effort. And no matter how high you climb, you will always get sent back to T21 at the end of the season. So you're good to do whatever you want, gorl. I'd suggest building up your Attack Fortress if you already haven't. Then your Aether Jugs+Fountain. Then the Escape Ladder. Lastly, your Defense Fortress.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I lowkey forget about this site because its mostly dead but I made a quick/lazy video to commemorate Zeldawful not being fixed

https://twitter.com/Fujin_II/status/1134374489301479425

Also did BJN39 BJN39 make a twitter yet?:azura:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oof tier 21 is no joke. I had ladders remaining last week but I've already used up two. A full +10 team with two L!Azura and a flyer team so far. Eugh.

I think I can maintain t21 but this is actually not fun. Not that it ever was.

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
The patch has made Little Mac nigh unbeatable online now. D-Tilt basically guarantees 60 and shield pokes and Mac can now shield break. Counter and Side-B are pretty much unpunishable and counter allows him to edgeguard now. KO Punch being less laggy, means he can do it when you're trapped at the ledge and still recover if it whiffs. F-Tilt being more consistent and Up-Smash having more super armor, means the air isn't safe either. I didn't used to have a problem before, but I think I've only beaten one Little Mac since the patch and I was playing as Snake.

I don't know about offline yet, but For Glory Mac is back and actually better than ever.

Yeah. Too bad one of the matches in winners was Salem vs. Ven and of course this wasn't streamed with one or two other matches. Meaning there is nothing to look at despite the high ranking. Two Zeldas in top 33rd and no match of Ven and only 2 of Mystearica were streamed. Kinda sad :(.
Yeah, there is a clear bias towards character and player in that regard. I definitely wanted to see that Salem one. I'm hearing talk of CEO from both of their Twitter(s?), so maybe we'll have some more to look over then.

Top Bottom