• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
btw the phrase "gag reel" and the scenes playing out relatively normally leaves me confused, sis. I'm calling the cops on yew, EODM07 EODM07 kbai.
Oh trust me. You've seen nothing when it comes to gag reels. :secretkpop:

There's one where the protagonist Ragna has glasses on that makes all girls fall in love with him because Rachel Alucard put them on him. And what Kokonoe says what she'll do... OHHHHH BOY.

:secretkpop:

Only the best tier list. And this is one of them. :yeahboi:

I'll rate it 5 Umus! out of 5.

Also, got some news on BBTAG: Arcade Edition. :yeabhoi:

Good news: We got a release date, 21st of May.

Even Better news: It'll be free if you bought the Season Pass or the All-in-One edition.

So I'm in the clear! :yeahboi: (I can then get Duck Game on the Switch) Speaking of the Switch, apparently the newest Under Night update has been leaked. Called "Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late [cl-r]" which was said to be coming to Switch. So the fact an Under Night title is actually coming to Switch outside of BBTAG is great! Finally I can main Eltnum in it. :secretkpop:

Also, you think the newest UNI game will be shortened to UNICL (Unicule) or UNICR (Unicorn)? Hmm. Honestly, I hope they call it UNICR and read it as Unicorn. It'll sound great and hilarious.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Went for a Berkut and got a...

Nailah. It's as if I never foddered her.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord

Yeh.

Still rudimentary, but it works as a proof of concept.
Lol, I do that accidentally sometimes when I start a game on Battlefield versions online. However I haven't done it on purpose, yet.
But it's something to look deeper in, thanks for mentioning that^^.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Yeh.

Still rudimentary, but it works as a proof of concept.
I love how the only way to get Zelda to suck less is to abuse a glitch. It's like she felt left out in Melee's glitch fest, so she's making up for it in SmashU. :^)

They should probably just make it a feature if she's standing on a platform to be able to duck down once to fall through. It would make Phantom less garbage since she's the only projectile user without a tool to use in between platforms to actually apply pressure. Either that or just outright make Din's Flare suck less by having a straight-line-until-BOOM version, like a pseudo Super Missile from Samus or whatever.

She knows what you did. She's coming for you, sis.

But overall, I don't think having too many Nailahs is a bad thing. Ultimately, she's like B!Ike or L!Ike. You might not be able to make use of the S+ tier fodder now, but when the right unit comes along or prf/refine set, then... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ PZY OP SQZY

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I spent my free summon, along with the 4 tickets and 40 orbs to get a lone Quan (+def -res; new unit!). The only 5* lance cav I've really invested into is Spring Xander, so I'll gladly take Quan. It's evident he was eager to give me his legendary Gáy Bulge by randomly pitybreaking me and showing up with good IVs to boot.. :secretkpop:

I'm actually glad to have a pulled a decent IV set for Quan, even if he is one of the many slow defensive cav archetype that we've been getting recently (the most recent of which being fallen!berkut, who is probably the most min-maxed so far). I'm definitely going to put him to good use.

I wish they would do more than like 4 refines a month because it's taking forever for some units to get prfs. I would love to use and merge Hawkeye, Donnel, etc. but the fact that they still lack prf weapons means investing into them isn't a very wise decision. Some units in particular (like Hawkeye) need a lot of help though: Libra is basically better or equal to him in every way (minus hp which is meaningless), stat-wise.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I got Flashing Blade 4 fodder after 45 orbs. Apparently the 5 damage is applied to AoE damage. So Tailtiu with Hardy Bearing, destroyer of galaxies, can easily be a thing.

I suppose anyone like Lonqu or a glasscannon kween would love it too. But I'm pretty sure Tailtiu is the top receiver for this dummy-strong T4 ability.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

If you don't want her, then you could give her to me. :p

The only 5* unit I got from using all the discounted summons, so first banner summon and the four tickets, was a Kaden. There wasn't even a green focus unit. Whatever, he's a busted buff bot.

I'm actually glad to have a pulled a decent IV set for Quan, even if he is one of the many slow defensive cav archetype that we've been getting recently (the most recent of which being fallen!berkut, who is probably the most min-maxed so far). I'm definitely going to put him to good use.
Quan is weird in that with his default Steady Posture, he can be deceptively fast if you pile on more and more speed on him like with a Darting Stance seal, being +Spd like my Quan, and cavalry buffs. Other than that, he doesn't really stand out. Stat-wise, Silas was introduced later and is 4* and recently, 3* summonable if you wanted a slow, high attack, physically tanky lance cavalry in addition to Berkut and kind of Clive and if you wanted a lance cavalry who dumped resistance for everything else, Camus, legendary Ephraim, Finn, and New Year's Laegjarn have arguably better stat spreads and a personal weapon in the case of Ephraim. Gae Bolg's effect you could argue as being closer to a late gen 1 unit's personal weapon than a gen 2 onward personal weapon that has two effects. It doesn't even have a stat boost like Atk+3 or Def+3 would have gone a long way for him even if they're simple stat boosts. Part of me feels like they're trying to set up a better Gae Bolg for Altena, Quan and Ethlyn's daughter and Leif's older sister. His attack is high, but he's targeting defense and armors tend to have very high defense.

I wish they would do more than like 4 refines a month because it's taking forever for some units to get prfs. I would love to use and merge Hawkeye, Donnel, etc. but the fact that they still lack prf weapons means investing into them isn't a very wise decision. Some units in particular (like Hawkeye) need a lot of help though: Libra is basically better or equal to him in every way (minus hp which is meaningless), stat-wise.
Although you'd likely have to replace his other skills, Hawkeye does come with a Killer Axe and that's one of the best weapons in the game because -1 special cooldown count is that good. And if it happens again, he could end up like Lukas where the unique refinement for her personal Killer Axe is good, but refined Slaying Axe would be fine too. Still, his biggest competition is Helbindi who has higher overall stats and a personal weapon, but Helbindi is a 5* only summon and Hawkeye is a launch unit who has been a 4* to 5* summon before, so for some, they might be ahead in being able to merge him without needing to spend feathers.

I still agree with the who investing in (gen 1) units who don't have a personal weapon, but eventually will get one. Mine's more of a refining and inheriting weapons problem. Guard Bow is good on Faye, but I chose not to inherit it onto her and stuck with it harder when it was announced she was going to get a personal weapon in the recent update. Lo, and behold, she gets a ranged version of Florina's Lance's unique refinement Close Spectrum effect for the base effect of her new bow. The only weapons I refine nowadays are healers, seasonal units, and very new units. Otherwise, it's just wait and see.

Anyway, this was featured on Nintendo Life: http://shmuplations.com/castlevania/. It's an article on the development history of the first three Castlevania games and perhaps unsurprising, Konami treating its employees fairly poorly.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If you don't want her, then you could give her to me. :p

The only 5* unit I got from using all the discounted summons, so first banner summon and the four tickets, was a Kaden. There wasn't even a green focus unit. Whatever, he's a busted buff bot.
That's really lucky. I would give up Nailah any day for Kaden. Nice pull!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ditto, sis. Ffamran Ffamran tryna get slapped by waving a beautiful husbando in front of us.

Anyway, it looks like they're giving refines to nobody-characters or characters people rarely use, now that most trash-but-popular units were fixed. That may explain why there's 5* huexes in most refine batches since their usage would naturally be lower than common gorls. And that's probably why we didn't get any healer prf/refines yet since even the worst one is viable/precious/whatever.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lucky and unlucky. 75 orbs only netted him since I only do full summons and freebies, so that was lot of orbs. Kaden wasn't a focus unit, so he was rarer, and he and Ranulf are basically the most recent axe cavalry added into the regular summoning pool because apparently the developers didn't want to add in Kieran and Lex when it would have made sense to. Sure, let's add Oscar without Kieran and Arden, Ayra, Deirdre, Sigurd, and Tailtiu without Lex. And then there's the whole axe fliers situation.

I'm not sure what to do with him other than add Fury because Fury is and always will be the best thing ever. He's going to be used since he's a fantastic unit, but what skills to inherit onto him is a problem and that extends to everyone now because look at all these fancy skills locked away or straight up even nonexistent on certain banners. Kaden was a very unexpected summon.

Nailah is good and it's kind of hard for her not to be when her personal weapon has a Killer effect and two spaces, up to Atk/Spd+6 -owl effect and a Wo Dao effect when transformed. Then there's her default skills and her stat spread is pretty good too, but like Deirdre, Tailtiu, and ToD! Nowi and ToD! Sakura, she got screwed within a month when the next new heroes banner introduced the next generation of BST. The extra stats even if it all went into their HP would have helped. In Nailah's case, she kind of like a blue +Atk, -Res Selena meaning she has good mixed bulk. That said, unless you really like Nailah, she doesn't really have much going for her other than "I have a Killer and conditional Wo Dao weapon, Distant Counter, and make Firesweep weapons and healers less annoying, but I have 23 base neutral resistance, so healers still wreck me, and Glare." Glare is a crappier Gravity+ which isn't saying much when Gravity healers are kind of broken when they can have Dazzling Staff. In their case, killing doesn't really matter when they can make it hell for you to move around and it's usually safer since they're ranged units. Nailah on the other hand would likely kill whoever she attacks and she won't be attacking at range like the healers. It's great when it works, but not as easy than with a healer. This applies for both Nailah and a Gravity healer, but if nobody is within range for the effect to work, then nothing happens, but for Nailah, that meant she could have ran a different, likelier more general C passive while with a healer, it's their weapon. Anyway, compare that to Tibarn's dumb Hawk King Claw, Sturdy Impact, and unrestricted 3 movement when transformed or being flying refresh units who have 3 movement when transformed and the ability to act as pseudo healers like Leanne and Reyson.

Ditto, sis. Ffamran Ffamran tryna get slapped by waving a beautiful husbando in front of us.
All I wanted was a filthy and sweaty dragon waifu. :p

But seriously though, given her good speed and mixed bulk, I wanted F!Corrin so I could have another colorless tank who wasn't an armor or F!Grima since Velouria hasn't shown up nor did she or Kaden get demoted because reasons. Granted, evil kid Tiki and Caineghis and Duma are pretty dumb and very tanky, but armor movement is annoying.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've decided to give the anime Hitoribocchi a shot.

It's cute and wholesome. Pretty much the standard CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Things). I've also managed to catch up with Shield Hero and now to wait for the latest episodes of each anime I'm watching.

Also, onto the Gacha stuff as usual. I've had no luck once again in Dawn of the Breakers with pulling any Event SR.

However, I did manage to level up to 29 and got 100% on Episode 6 in Normal Mode. Now just gotta do that on Hard Mode to get the 100 Spirit Gems (20 per Part) and I just noticed that because I'm at Level 29, the Spirit Gems from Level 30 and onwards will be x20 Spirit Gems instead of x10, so maybe that'll speed things up with getting the 300 Spirit Gems for the Banners, maybe I can get Ultimate Roboco, but I doubt it. Since there's only about 2 weeks left before the event ends. Would be nice and all.

Though I'm fine with getting duplicates of Normal Rarity Heroes. Means that if I have a Hero in the Normal Rarity section that is at Max Limit Break, I can sell that duplicate to get some Lab Coins and Enhance Coins slowly.

Also. Nammy12 Nammy12

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
GHB was pretty easy and I think Delthea is quite a good unit (for a free one). Going to muse about AR in a spoiler since most of you aren't interested.

AR Offence

Not my best performance in AR. The extra defence unit in Tier 19 is such a challenge and makes a big difference. Before today, I had two losses and one game with -20 Offence lift. Today, I lost two matches and I missed out on pots that would have allowed one more run tomorrow. Should have abused that rematch glitch. Also, picnic Flora is actually really annoying. Good thing she won't be a bonus unit for long.

Major issues I faced this week:

Lack of mixed tank: Lukas saw little use, and when I did use him I failed. I have no idea what I can do or the units that make up a good omega tank.

Firesweep Trap: A really difficult thing for me to deal with. My unit/tank gets lunged into a lightning trap and gets sniped by somebody else in range. I feel as if I now need a powerful mixed tank with Null C-Disrupt (thank goodness I pulled another Nailah) to beat out a Firesweep.

Flier Emblem: I'm at a loss at how to beat one of these. They are defensive with Ward Fliers, have superior movement due to Flier Formation/Guidance, and have both magic, physical, and dagger units. I don't have a mixed tank, and I can't even use an armoured unit because they all lead with an Est with some ridiculous armour slaying, double attack effect.

Lack of resources: I only have level 1 structures, and a level 3 offence fortress. Every fight I had this week had at least a level 4 defence fortress... I was always at a disadvantage. I don't even have 250 Aether... perhaps if I did I could have advanced to tier 20 this week. I don't know why people invest in defence. You have 80 lift at stake in a defence each day. You have potentially hundreds of lift a day on offence.

Not using blessing: I've still been stingy with blessings. My Faye has light blessing but it's not very useful this season.

Pots: I have lost a unit trying to get pots once or twice. Probably wasn't worth it.

AR Defence

I'm pretty happy with my AR defence this week. I had a level 2+1 fortress and only one success so far. Infantry pulse team performing better than my old team.

Results:

1) Failure, 3 foes defeated, -20 lift. Not the best run. I swapped into the cavalry school and it got placed in the middle of the map randomly. I didn't think to move it somewhere else. Level 4+1 offence fortress. No pots broken.

2) Failure, 3 foes defeated. Fixed the cavalry school. Level 4 fortress. No pots broken.

3) Success, 5 foes defeated, 0 lift loss. Opponent played an enemy phase style with no bulky units at all? Level 4 fortress. No pots broken.

4) Failure, 1 foe defeated, -60 lift. Opponent had very bulky armour units. My units couldn't survive the counterattack. Lilina got a 1-hit KO. Level 4+1 fortress. No pots broken.

5) Failure, 3 foes defeated. Level 3+1 fortress. No pots broken.

6) Failure, 4 foes defeated, 0 lift loss.. Would have been a success if L!Azura danced instead of attacked. Oh well, I'm happy with no lift loss. Level 4+1 fortress. No pots broken.

7) Failure, 4 foes defeated. 1 HP or RES away from a success. Wish I had merged my Sothe a little more. Level 4 fortress. No pots broken.

8) Failure, 3 foes defeated, -20 lift. Confirmed that Surtr should never enemy phase my team. All of my units should be able to beat him in one round. Fjorm completely cleared all my units. Level 4+1 fortress. No pot broken.

9) Failure, 1 foe defeated. Opponent cleared my map the best way which is to clear my offensive units. I only have three. Level 4+1 fortress. No pots broken.

10) Failure, 4 foes defeated, 0 lift loss. Would have been 2 foes defeated if they put in a cavalry school Level 5 fortress. No pots broken.

11) Failure, 3 foes defeated. Level 4+1 fortress. No pots broken.

Thoughts

I feel people have a much easier time with AR than I do... but this is probably because I lack the patience that most players have. I upgraded my pots early on when I didn't really understand how fortresses worked. So I do have 70 Aether regen a day and a cap of 200 Aether. Because of this though, I only have a level 3 O fortress and level 2 D fortress which hurts :( On Friday next week, I should have enough for a level 4 fortress. Finally, I'll be able to fight a little more easily for a while... if my luck holds.

I'm thinking of building vantage Ares. I do have a Velouria that synergizes with him perfectly. Hope this works out.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
All I wanted was a filthy and sweaty dragon waifu. :p
o

wow

ew

911 emergency pls

GHB was pretty easy and I think Delthea is quite a good unit (for a free one). Going to muse about AR in a spoiler since most of you aren't interested.

AR Offence

Not my best performance in AR. The extra defence unit in Tier 19 is such a challenge and makes a big difference. Before today, I had two losses and one game with -20 Offence lift. Today, I lost two matches and I missed out on pots that would have allowed one more run tomorrow. Should have abused that rematch glitch. Also, picnic Flora is actually really annoying. Good thing she won't be a bonus unit for long.

Major issues I faced this week:

Lack of mixed tank: Lukas saw little use, and when I did use him I failed. I have no idea what I can do or the units that make up a good omega tank.

Firesweep Trap: A really difficult thing for me to deal with. My unit/tank gets lunged into a lightning trap and gets sniped by somebody else in range. I feel as if I now need a powerful mixed tank with Null C-Disrupt (thank goodness I pulled another Nailah) to beat out a Firesweep.

Flier Emblem: I'm at a loss at how to beat one of these. They are defensive with Ward Fliers, have superior movement due to Flier Formation/Guidance, and have both magic, physical, and dagger units. I don't have a mixed tank, and I can't even use an armoured unit because they all lead with an Est with some ridiculous armour slaying, double attack effect.

Lack of resources: I only have level 1 structures, and a level 3 offence fortress. Every fight I had this week had at least a level 4 defence fortress... I was always at a disadvantage. I don't even have 250 Aether... perhaps if I did I could have advanced to tier 20 this week. I don't know why people invest in defence. You have 80 lift at stake in a defence each day. You have potentially hundreds of lift a day on offence.

Not using blessing: I've still been stingy with blessings. My Faye has light blessing but it's not very useful this season.

Pots: I have lost a unit trying to get pots once or twice. Probably wasn't worth it.

AR Defence

I'm pretty happy with my AR defence this week. I had a level 2+1 fortress and only one success so far. Infantry pulse team performing better than my old team.

Results:

1) Failure, 3 foes defeated, -20 lift. Not the best run. I swapped into the cavalry school and it got placed in the middle of the map randomly. I didn't think to move it somewhere else. Level 4+1 offence fortress. No pots broken.

2) Failure, 3 foes defeated. Fixed the cavalry school. Level 4 fortress. No pots broken.

3) Success, 5 foes defeated, 0 lift loss. Opponent played an enemy phase style with no bulky units at all? Level 4 fortress. No pots broken.

4) Failure, 1 foe defeated, -60 lift. Opponent had very bulky armour units. My units couldn't survive the counterattack. Lilina got a 1-hit KO. Level 4+1 fortress. No pots broken.

5) Failure, 3 foes defeated. Level 3+1 fortress. No pots broken.

6) Failure, 4 foes defeated, 0 lift loss.. Would have been a success if L!Azura danced instead of attacked. Oh well, I'm happy with no lift loss. Level 4+1 fortress. No pots broken.

7) Failure, 4 foes defeated. 1 HP or RES away from a success. Wish I had merged my Sothe a little more. Level 4 fortress. No pots broken.

8) Failure, 3 foes defeated, -20 lift. Confirmed that Surtr should never enemy phase my team. All of my units should be able to beat him in one round. Fjorm completely cleared all my units. Level 4+1 fortress. No pot broken.

9) Failure, 1 foe defeated. Opponent cleared my map the best way which is to clear my offensive units. I only have three. Level 4+1 fortress. No pots broken.

10) Failure, 4 foes defeated, 0 lift loss. Would have been 2 foes defeated if they put in a cavalry school Level 5 fortress. No pots broken.

11) Failure, 3 foes defeated. Level 4+1 fortress. No pots broken.

Thoughts

I feel people have a much easier time with AR than I do... but this is probably because I lack the patience that most players have. I upgraded my pots early on when I didn't really understand how fortresses worked. So I do have 70 Aether regen a day and a cap of 200 Aether. Because of this though, I only have a level 3 O fortress and level 2 D fortress which hurts :( On Friday next week, I should have enough for a level 4 fortress. Finally, I'll be able to fight a little more easily for a while... if my luck holds.

I'm thinking of building vantage Ares. I do have a Velouria that synergizes with him perfectly. Hope this works out.
Most people have L!Azura, M!Corrin, or both and just stockpile everything on to one unit. Like what I do with Oliver.

AR is supposed to be very hard if the defense is done correctly for the standard player. But if you have a Rein/Veronica/Bowlyn hard counter, you should be able to handle the main crux of what AR throws at you. It's just that there aren't many characters who can handle all 3 simultaneously.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Most people have L!Azura, M!Corrin, or both and just stockpile everything on to one unit. Like what I do with Oliver.

AR is supposed to be very hard if the defense is done correctly for the standard player. But if you have a Rein/Veronica/Bowlyn hard counter, you should be able to handle the main crux of what AR throws at you. It's just that there aren't many characters who can handle all 3 simultaneously.
Hm I rarely face those units. M!Corrin's refine seems good but it's so expensive :( A Kaden would be better right? Not that I have one.

40 points from T20. Oof.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Hm I rarely face those units. M!Corrin's refine seems good but it's so expensive :( A Kaden would be better right? Not that I have one.

40 points from T20. Oof.
M!Corrin gives +4 to a supported unit, followed by the standard support buff. With an Owltome, thats an easy +8 to all stats that can't be Panic-debuffed. Which is why Oliver is dummy-thicc and dummy-strong lol.

M!Corrin, Kaden, and L!Azura are the absolute best buffers or cheerleaders to invest in atm. All 3 would be amazing ofc. Only one is 3*/4* available to +10 and M!Corrin is a pretty good all-around swordie.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:

GORDEAU LIVES!

Might as well go on about my adventure into the Gacha again of Dawn of the Breakers. Since Buddhahobo Buddhahobo tells us about his Summons from FEH.

Sadly, I got no SRs from the previous pulls I did, however I did managed to get some of my Normal Rarity Heroes to Max Limit Break. Such as Pale Mace, Combat Suit -P- and a few of my Rare Rarity Heroes got closer to it too. I do wish I could get more SRs, it would've been nice to get one of them from the Event Banner (Since I can no longer get Tickets linked to it outside of paying Premium Gems for them. Most being 450 Premium Gems. Nooooo thank you). I did however manage to reach 100 Wins in Arena, so now I gotta do that a few more times to get all of the Rewards from the Lifetime Missions. I sadly didn't get anything from the normal Banner, so big oof.

Also, I was thinking of making a Tier List of who the Under Night cast would play, mainly because I'm happy I found that Fate/Extella LINK Tier List. But I dunno what to make next tier list wise.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wait a second... I could sacrifice three units in AR and still get 100 points if I use two Eirs (which I have) and if everybody else has light blessing?

And here I am stressing trying to get 100 points per run by not losing any units due to being stingy with blessings? Argh :(

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Wait a second... I could sacrifice three units in AR and still get 100 points if I use two Eirs (which I have) and if everybody else has light blessing?

And here I am stressing trying to get 100 points per run by not losing any units due to being stingy with blessings? Argh :(
G O R L, you're late to the party lmao.

I get 140 per full win, which I usually do get if the idiots just have Surtr as their only green. The only 2 units that can defeat Oliver is a Mom's Forsetti and OP Flying Nino/nuke Nino. I'm sure a Bold Fighter green unit can also defeat him if they have a 3/4 charge special, but I haven't come across one yet... Somehow. As for my Eir, she's +1 since I was too dumb to leave them separate, but she had a +spd nature so it was dumb of me to NOT merge. Catch 22 ripperoni either way. If the next one is +atk then I'm going to have to merge again since that's her best overall nature.

Perhaps I need to invest in Lyon or Henry that's built the same way as Oliver just in case. Lyon being the easier of the 2 to stat-abuse, but Henry being 3*/4* and easier to merge... But My +8 Oliver needs 950 grails to finally reach +10 so no Lyon. OR. I DUNNO. A GHB RERUN EVEN THO AVERSA GOT MORE RERUNS THAN HIM SO FAR??? EVEN THO SHE CAME AFTER OLIVER??????

:secretkpop: They better be planning a prf/refine for him if they're holding off his GHB rerun for this long. :secretkpop:
:secretkpop: Or else I will call the cops. :secretkpop:
:secretkpop: To report that I have completely destroyed IS. :secretkpop:
:secretkpop: My army is ready and awaiting orders. :secretkpop:

:secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

:secretkpop:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah no wonder I stressed over this mode so much more than everybody else. Constant perfection is too much. Although a high level fortress would still be nice.

That Oliver post on Reddit today was amazing.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yeah no wonder I stressed over this mode so much more than everybody else. Constant perfection is too much. Although a high level fortress would still be nice.

That Oliver post on Reddit today was amazing.
I'm jelly of that Oliver because he's +9. :^(

But mine is stronger so it's fine. Atk/Def Bond is hella powerful for him. I think I'm going to give mine Null Disrupt and just hope L!Azura can make up for the lack of def/atk. I have 2 Nailah's and can spare the high tier fodder, and either way, I highly doubt he'll be outclassed since he, Lyon, Henry, Sophia, and Boey go WAY against the typical magic user archetype.

It'll take some dummy-powerful legendary unit or a gen 3 unit with an extremely dumb prf/refine to outclass them. And even then, they'd still do their job of tanking/murdering 75%+ of the roster without moving lmao.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm jelly of that Oliver because he's +9. :^(

But mine is stronger so it's fine. Atk/Def Bond is hella powerful for him. I think I'm going to give mine Null Disrupt and just hope L!Azura can make up for the lack of def/atk. I have 2 Nailah's and can spare the high tier fodder, and either way, I highly doubt he'll be outclassed since he, Lyon, Henry, Sophia, and Boey go WAY against the typical magic user archetype.

It'll take some dummy-powerful legendary unit or a gen 3 unit with an extremely dumb prf/refine to outclass them. And even then, they'd still do their job of tanking/murdering 75%+ of the roster without moving lmao.
I think it's better to invest in characters you like more than the next meta unit. Your Oliver sounds frightening. Wonder if my Faye could take him on.

So I just completed two perfect AR runs with no deaths and broke all pots. 160 and 140 points. The light blessings didn't play a big role but I had a +1 fortress advantage both times somehow with level 3. This is literally the first time I ever had fortress advantage. It would have been even if the two people remembered their bonus structure. This is totally bonkers. Still not sure if I can hit T20 but I will try!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I love Oliver, Lyon, and Henry. But red is really bad for magic users. This game is mostly ruled by blue and colorless units so a red-Oliver is so much harder to use as a "1 size murders all" type of character. :^(

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Lol, I do that accidentally sometimes when I start a game on Battlefield versions online. However I haven't done it on purpose, yet.
But it's something to look deeper in, thanks for mentioning that^^.
You're welcome. I don't think it will be too huge of a game changer, rather it will probably be useful for certain MUs, although it should help on the whole with combos and edgeguarding/juggling. I think it will end up being most effective against characters with good landing mixups, like Palutena, and pressuring/edgeguarding characters with good jumps or aerial games, like Yoshi or Pacman. In a general sense, it will probably be only really good for extending advantage, like that Rob example in the video. I still need to test it more, though. At the very least, it should help cover any failed juggling attempts.

They should probably just make it a feature if she's standing on a platform to be able to duck down once to fall through.
That would be nice, but people would whine too much. I'm just hoping it doesn't get patched at some point. I don't think it should though, because I don't think it's explicitly a glitch. It's basically moving in a way, that triggers the ground version of the Phantom while in the air. Not unlike the Luma and Nana desyncs.

The game has specific detection for the ground and aerial versions, all you're doing is using movement to keep Phantom grounded, while Zelda is moving through the air, all using completely intended movement and mechanics, just in a way that probably wasn't originally thought of before. It's not like say, Olimar's Smash attacks, which were a legitimate bug that went completely against the design of Smash attacks, that had been set ever since the ability to charge them was introduced. No other Smash attack in the game, didn't scale damage with charge length like his.

And with that in mind, I don't see how they would be able to patch it, since it is using it as was programmed, even if that specific possibility wasn't likely conceived. I suppose they could delay the ground detection by a few frames, but I feel like that would lead to major clipping issues, that would either not be possible to work around or would require a revamp of Phantom's collision detection, including hitboxs. Although, I guess these are usually done within one frame, so who knows?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

Nailah. IS please. I'm done with this banner. Guess I'll never pull a Berkut :(

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
That Mario Maker 2 Direct was pretty cool.

Looking forward to what they have else hidden in that game. The multiplayer and goal requirements are real interesting to be honest, and I can already see some clever one screen puzzle levels on say having to navigate your way through these convoluted tricks just to get 1 coin to unlock the goal. That will be bother mean but also very clever thinking. One thing I am also curious about is if we can change the playable character for Single-Player levels, as they showed off multiplayer and showed everyone playing as Mario, Luigi, Toad and Toadette.

So I am curious if for Single-Player levels, we can change the playable character to say Toadette instead of Mario. So that way, we can have themed levels for certain characters, such as a level where you play as Toadette and have to defeat 10 Goombas to unlock the goal, or a Haunted House level where you have to navigate it as Luigi, avoiding traps, kaizos, trolls and twice-twice (Yes, I have watched CarlSagan42 to know what twice-twice is. :V)

Oh and five more days until the BBTAG update hits. Teddie mains unite! :yeahboi:

Now onto DotB. Got no SRs from my pulls today from the Friend Point Banner (There's two normal Banners. One that involves the use of either Capsule Tickets or Spirit Gems, and the other which is solely Friend Points, and gives you a free Capsule Pull once per day), so all of the pulls I got were duplicates and since all of the Heroes I pulled weren't needed as I already got Max LB, I just sold those duplicates to the Lab. Not bad at all, but on the plus side. CyberStep was kind enough to give us more Hololive Tickets, so now I can fail at getting Ultimate Roboco and Fubuki once again! :V

Though I have to wait till Day 5 to get the remaining 5 Tickets, oh well.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Detective Pikachu was super good, gorls.

I was expecting normal Pokemon movie quality, but it's a step above that and the Pokemon looked pretty decent. Also if the Mr Mime scene is like a litmus test to see if someone has a garbage sense of humor or not. Not even a smirk = garbage sense of humor, separate yourself from those people immediately. kthnx

That would be nice, but people would whine too much. I'm just hoping it doesn't get patched at some point. I don't think it should though, because I don't think it's explicitly a glitch. It's basically moving in a way, that triggers the ground version of the Phantom while in the air. Not unlike the Luma and Nana desyncs.
It'd make her more annoying, but would put her on par with what other "projectile users" can do.

Ultimately, she has a worse version of Luma and a worse version of a charge special - all for the sake of being vertically bigger... With ofc less speed, less flexibility, and more predictability.

tbh Phantom is one of her best things for neutral only because of how garbage most of her kit is in comparison to the rest of the cast lol. But I guess that's better than her having a garbage kit and a somehow worse version of SmashU Phantom.

Nailah. IS please. I'm done with this banner. Guess I'll never pull a Berkut :(
She's basically Hector 2.0, so you can't really lose whenever you pull a Nailah, at least.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I can't complain I suppose. I want to give Null C-disrupt to a melee unit. Not sure which one.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yeah I can't complain I suppose. I want to give Null C-disrupt to a melee unit. Not sure which one.
Y • E • P

It would yeah, but I think the currently most active topic is a good example of why such sound logic, is going to fall on deaf ears.
You talking about that ~?~ heaux? LMAO, that gorl was so clearly salty about Zelda.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
You talking about that ~?~ heaux? LMAO, that gorl was so clearly salty about Zelda.
Ya, that's why I'm always nervous about the subject of buffs and nerfs, because I know the dev team listens to those types. I will be eternally salty about Smash 4 Robin's Wind Jab getting nerfed, despite it contributing to her recovery running out and not being that broken in the first place, solely because the community whined. That could have potentially put her in high tier, instead of mid, but became completely useless outside of Fox or Sheik, because you could easily DI out of the lowest duration and punish the endlag.

Smash 4 Corrin too, getting a counter of all things nerfed and then randomly getting her mobility and projectile nerfed, for good measure I guess. Pretty much dropped a whole tier because of that, despite not being the most broken DLC. I still got "nice 5.99" comments, even after all that.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Whose idea was it that MomoCon and Combo Breaker (two upcoming tourneys with way over 1000 attendees in total each) should take place on the same day.
Like, wtf.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I just finished watching Avatar: The Last Airbender for the 3rd time in less than a year. I’m thinking that I possibly could maybe consider the idea of perhaps choose to not watch it for a while.

Nah. That’s crazy talk.

Whose idea was it that MomoCon and Combo Breaker (two upcoming tourneys with way over 1000 attendees in total each) should take place on the same day.
Like, wtf.
EA4CFDFD-12F1-47AF-8C4E-2478DDEF5942.jpeg

This game isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin

Our beary favourite Persona character already had a combo video made for him. :secretkpop:

And it's not that long until he arrives, so I'll definitely be labbing stuff he has and what he can do. :yeahboi:

Now onto DotB stuff... No Event SRs again, but I did manage to get some more pulls from the Banner, most of them were duplicates now, so I just sold them in the Lab and getting 100% for the remainder of the Episodes on both Normal and Hard Modes. So about two more episodes left which will give me about maybe 300 Spirit Gems? Which I could then use to go all in on the Banner. Hoping for Ultimate Roboco still, Fubuki would be nice too. But thems the breaks.

I may consider getting Team Sonic Racing, since I know that Sumo Digital makes really solid racing games (Though All-Stars Racing Transformed was buggy). Plus, I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl. It even looks fantastic on Switch despite the frame rate reduction.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I made another stage and it's super pretty. It's a "runway" with spotlights and stuff waving around. Super shiny stage. Sassy music. etc

Flaming Runway: NXNJW40C

The next one I'm working on is a ferris wheel type of thing. But I'm really happy with Flaming Runway so far. It's cute and fun to play on, but perhaps just a tad too big? idk. Also that picture is kinda off, the center gap is covered up now to discourage heauxes from ez-camping on each side. It's SUPER FUN to make stages and then make sure they can't be abused by bad players to ensure fun. :^)

Also

NOBODY:
Zeldas in For Glory:

Guaranteed tier 20 in AR. :)

Tier 21 looks almost impossible though.
Nah, as long as you have Eir it's possible after a few seasons. It'll come by faster if you have a Dark or Anima gorl for your defense team to mitigate losses.

Unlike Arena, you're not fighting to be a certain % of gorls, you're just fighting for points. So AR21 is easier than A21 for sure.

I just finished watching Avatar: The Last Airbender for the 3rd time in less than a year. I’m thinking that I possibly could maybe consider the idea of perhaps choose to not watch it for a while.
Watch Star Vs The Forces of Evil since it's 1 week from being totally over and there's 4 seasons. Miraculous Ladybug is like what happens when Sailor Moon meets super heroes meets CGI, but it somehow works? Also top tier voice actors ofc. Teen Titans GO is what you watch because it's garbage, but it's entertaining garbage with bright colors.

You can get a top tier gif from just about every episode while you're at it.

Tho there's plenty of funny non-animated shows to watch that are amazing. Such as:
Jane The Virgin
(the most wholesome romcom show in the world)
Brooklyn 99 (best detective show ever, rip Law and Order)
Superstore (Brooklyn 99, but with Walmart employees)
VEEP (rated R for Republican and R U D E language)
Grace and Frankie (Golden Gorls v2.0, but now with 2 gay dudes and 2 divorced gorls)
New Girl (Daisy moves into an apartment with Bowser, Marth, and Male Isabelle)
The Office for the 100th time (don't do this to yourself, sis)

I totally recommend Jane the Virgin because it is just the most stupidly wholesome show and is incredibly absurd. Brooklyn 99 is also wholesome and incredibly absurd, but not in the romcom bracket.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Jane The Virgin (the most wholesome romcom show in the world)

I totally recommend Jane the Virgin because it is just the most stupidly wholesome show and is incredibly absurd.
I never heard of this show until just recently, when my favorite YouTubers were talking about how they acted in it. If they had more of a role, I would maybe check the show out.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nah, as long as you have Eir it's possible after a few seasons. It'll come by faster if you have a Dark or Anima gorl for your defense team to mitigate losses.

Unlike Arena, you're not fighting to be a certain % of gorls, you're just fighting for points. So AR21 is easier than A21 for sure.
I'll hope for the best. This week has been amazing though. Used 2/3 ladders and almost every run has been perfect. Lost one unit (forgot Duma could break my tactics room :( ) and one pot this whole week (AI killed themselves before I could break a pot). Apparently T21 and higher is pretty stress free which would be nice.

So the new banner... Fjorm is the only useful one. You can reduce the effectiveness of rally traps with her. Unless you're a master of AI manipulation, will Fjorm really be useful beyond turn 1? Time to roll for a second legendary Azura or invest in an HP L!Azura, lol. I can just give my Ninian a refined breath and HP won't be a problem for her. Might try to roll a Fjorm for Anima season. Rally traps usually involve ranged units which my light blessed Faye can normally handle.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And my keyboard is failing after 6 months of use. Sure, let's cheap out on a mechanical keyboard. Let's buy a cheap one from those many knock off brands that are likely hit or miss even though apparently a lot of people like them because they are cheap. Let's also not read any reviews, especially long term ones. The damn A key is failing! Of all the goddamn keys to fail, it had to be the A key. Not the Z key, the Home key, or the Pause key, but the A key. I don't know if there's a term for it, but it sometimes doesn't register an input. If I'm lucky, it works fine, but if I'm not, it takes 2 to 3 key presses.

I swear if this piece of crap decides to never register an A again. I would be so screwed. On a brighter note, my laptop also broke because reasons. I don't know what happened to it. All I remember was that it had to update Windows 10 which I let it do and chose the shut down after updating option before leaving for an exam. The next time I used it, apparently the battery drained, so I had it charged, and when I turned it on, the screen said something along the lines of not being able to detect something storage related. Did a quick search and either the harddrive is failing or Windows updated incorrectly and probably corrupted a bunch of crap. That was weeks ago and I was fed up with a lot of things, so I haven't and still haven't bothered to check up on the damn thing.

I think I'm going to buy a duck.

Well, at least I can look at this smile and be happy.

I'd love to summon a Pent so they can be together. Unfortunately, the only versions of themselves are seasonal, so a random regular Pent is not going to be happening soon like it did with random Quan and freebie, Tempest Trials unit Ethlyn. Sigrun and Tanith making it in even if their debut is as seasonal heroes is nice.

Edit: For those wondering, the current keyboard I'm using is a Redragon K552. Aside from the A key crapping out, it is a nice keyboard and I do prefer it over membrane ones, but the A key dying is awful to say the least. A is a common vowel, Ctrl + A is the select all shortcut, it's the left movement for games that use WASD, and so on and so forth.

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Lazy day today due to bad weather, so for giggles, I decided to compile a MU chart for Zelda, based on this link. It's dated and the metrics weren't standard at all, so made translating into one standard chart confusing. Regardless though, it should make for a rough estimate on how top players perceived Zelda throughout the meta. I probably ****ed up my translation and/or math at some point, but this is what I ended up with:

Advantage(+1)
:ultjigglypuff::ultwario:

Slight Advantage(+0.5)
:ultbayonetta::ultchrom::ultwiifittrainer:

Even
:ultbowser::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultincineroar::ultluigi::ultmario::ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:

Slight Disadvantage(-0.5)
:ultdiddy::ultgnw::ultridley::ultrobin::ultsonic::ultyounglink::ultness::ultrob::ultroy::ultsnake:

Disadvantage(-1)
:ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdk::ultgreninja::ultike::ultmegaman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainerf::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultlucina:

Heavy Disadvantage(-2)
:ultsimon:/:ultrichter::ultfox::ultinkling::ultgunner::ultpikachu::ultshulk::ultzss:

In no particular order and rounded to the nearest 0.5. Any characters not listed, should be considered N/A. A little on the disadvantage side, but still fairly even, given all the claims of her being low tier. I personally would pull a lot of the disadvantage closer to advantage/even and the players putting their characters at +2, are way overselling their characters(except maybe:ultinkling:). I noticed more recent charts tended to have more favorable views on Zelda, so maybe perceptions will change over time.

On a completely different note, seems Mystearica registered for Smash 'N' Splash not too long ago, so we'll have two Zelda reps. Hopefully they don't run into each other in bracket.

I think I'm going to buy a duck.
Well, I don't know about a duck, but I did buy a Deck mechanical keyboard some years ago, due to hearing them being built like tanks. It's survived 5 years of computer frustration leading me to pound it hard enough to make keys go flying a few times, as well as my keyboard tray collapsing, due to a poorly made desk. I bought it for around $130 at the time, so if you have the cash, you can try looking into them.

Top Bottom