• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 189823

ye, liek dat ded+bad gaem
Why are you talking like that.

Why is Lethe so attractive. And why does she have Spd/Def Solo right when I need to save up.
Why does Caineghis essentially get +12 Def/Res and debuffs his opponents even further.
Why does he even have DC with a +10 effect.
Why does Randulf have such a deep voice but Caineghis doesn't.
Why does Randulf still lowkey remind me of Naruto.

Why. What. Why.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why does Caineghis essentially get +12 Def/Res and debuffs his opponents even further.
Why does he even have DC with a +10 effect.
Caineghis doesn't have +10 damage when triggering a special. Mordecai, the other bara cat, does.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Hey it's 1 AM but I beat Metroid Fusion :] It was my first Metroid game that I ever played but I never managed to beat it bc I was a dumb kid. So I'm glad that that's finally out of the way. My item collection was at a horrid 38%, I thought I would've hit at least 50% but I guess I missed a LOTTTTT of stuff... not that it really matters since I wasn't bothering with 100%.
And after all of these games, I'm now getting dangerously curious about Other M. I've put up with and enjoyed plenty of other terrible games so maybe I should just get this one over with.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Nobunobunobu!!

When is Nobu coming to Fate/Extella LINK? :secretkpop:

Anyway, I've been playing some more SEGA games in that Classics collection on the Switch, some I think are good and others... not so great. I didn't like Gain Ground due to how slow it felt, Phantasy Star III I was immediately put off from it when I entered the castle in the starting town.

Phantasy Star II I thought looked nice and might continue playing it to see how far I can go with it, since I made a lot of progress in Phantasy Star IV. Flicky I didn't like how it controlled, it felt a bit floaty to me, Altered Beast I remember Slowbeef and Diabeetus do a Retsupurare on the game which was a good look to see how... Not great the game has aged? I tried Kid Chameleon again, and I think I softlocked myself, because of a chute you have to climb up by jumping on invisible blocks... But these blocks can be broken! Good job. :V

I replayed Light Crusader as well, that game is actually pretty fun to be honest and I gave Bonanza Bros. a shot too. I love the simplistic art style they went with for the game and if I can improve, I'd like to try and finish Bonanza Bros., there are a few more games for me to play, like Golden Axe, Columns, Mean Bean Machine, Sonic, etc. But maybe I'll get to those eventually... MAYBE.

Oh, I also played Fatal Labyrinth, playing it reminded me how far better the Mystery Dungeon games and even Digimon World 2 are compared to it. The music felt repetitive, it was confusing at first as well with how you attacked and I felt like the game didn't look nice? Maybe it was just me. But I think I'm 50% done with one achievement which was to play all of the games available on the collection.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
yeah caineghis is not broken :awesome:
He only has 37 base neutral attack. Totally not broken. :p

Ranulf's 40 HP, 30 Atk, 37 Spd, 33 Def, and 17 Res gives him 157 BST and he has no superboons and attack and resistance superbanes. Ouch on the banes. Compared to Kaden, +2 HP, -2 Atk, +1 Spd, +8 Def, and -8 Res. So, a defense version of Kaden who has mixed defenses.

Lethe's 41 HP, 33 Atk, 38 Spd, 26 Def, and 19 Res gives her 157 BST and she has no superboons and defense and resistance superbanes. In terms of stats, a +Spd, -Def Siegbert where compared to neutral Siegbert, -1 Atk, +3 Spd, -5 Def, and +1 Res. As a unit, she's a red Panne who dumped her defenses for attack and speed. Lethe also gives up effective damage against cavalry and Def/Res+3 when adjacent to beast or dragon allies or when alone for Spd+3 and 3 more Atk/Spd, a total of Atk/Spd+6, when she's adjacent to beast or dragon allies or when she's alone. She definitely screams Galeforce.

Mordecai's 47 HP, 37 Atk, 24 Spd, 39 Def, and 20 Res gives him 167 BST and he has speed and defense superboons and no superbanes. So, he's a beast Lukas with gen 3 melee infantry BST. Compared to Lukas which isn't that fair, but whatever, +2 HP, +2 Atk, +2 Spd, +1 Def, and +3 Res. Mordecai does not have access to Berkut's Lance, Reprisal Lance, or Vanguard, so in terms of tanking, Lukas can edge him out in certain areas. In terms of total stats, blue regular Hector. Compared to regular Hector, -5 HP, +1 Atk, +2 Def, and +1 Res. Also, RIP Nailah not getting gen 3 melee infantry stats.

Caineghis's 47 HP, 37 Atk, 23 Spd, 37 Def, and 30 Res gives him 174 BST and he has a speed superboon and a resistance superbane. He's a +Def, -Atk Duma who trades even more attack for a conditional Distant Counter. Compared to Duma, -1 HP, -3 Atk, +2 Spd, +3 Def, and -1 Res.

Haar's 45 HP, 37 Atk, 25 Spd, 36 Def, and 18 Res gives him 161 BST and if he were summonable, he would have had a speed superboon and a resistance superbane. Guess who else has the same superboon and superbane? Cherche. For his base kit, Brave Axe, Swap, Guard, and Odd Defense Wave. So much for a highly requested character, huh? Haar is a gen 2 BST Cherche without her personal Brave Axe, Gerome without Poleaxe and -1 Atk and -1 Res for +2 Def, and Michalis without Hauteclere in return for, outside of being a gen 2 BST melee flier, essentially 3 more base attack. We now have four axe fliers with the same stat spread, but only one of them is summonable and in the regular summoning pool. Thanks, developers. Link to a screenshot of Haar's skills and compared to Cherche with her unique refined axe: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...a_gen_3_ghb_unit_is_worse_than_a_launch_unit/.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Guess I'm the only one that's just glad to have them around, regardless of stats.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

I'll admit, seeing this really makes me think this was not a good choice, like god damn. As a Gordeau main, this was a bad nerf and it saddens me. Thankfully I'll be running Teddie.

Anyway, I've reached DLv. MAX in Duel Links with Deskbots. Had to go through numerous players running stuff like Yubel, Six Samurai (SixSam decks can burn for all I care) and Anicent Gears, but now I can focus on Ranked and reach KOG (Hopefully). Since I was bricking hard with a Tie That Binds build I got from watching Duel Links Playmaker's channel, I swapped to another version involving Restart which got me to Lv. MAX.

Here's what I ran to reach it:

Duelist: Tetsu Trudge
Skill: Restart
Deck Name: Desubots

Monsters:
Deskbot 003 x3
Deskbot 004 x3
Deskbot 009 x3
Deskbot 002 x2
Deskbot 001 x1

Spells:
Galaxy Cyclone x1
Cosmic Cyclone x2
Machine Duplication x1

Traps:
Pulse Mines x2
Bad Aim x2

Extra Deck:
Stardust Dragon x1
Deskbot Jet x1
Armades, Keeper of Boundaries x1
Powered Inzektron x1
Stardust Charge Warrior x1

The aim of this deck is get either 003 or 004 out and begin swarming, 004 allows removal of monsters to beef it up. So it'd be advised to get 009 into the Graveyard to then Special Summon it from your Hand or Graveyard. If you already have a 009 in your Hand, then get a 003 into the Graveyard, so then that way you can get both 003 and 009 out with 004. Cyclones there are for backrow removal so threats like Geartown, Fire King Island, Canadia, Survival's End, etc. can be dealt with easily.

Bad Aim is to get rid of stuff like Yubel, Six Sams (If Shi En isn't on the board), Reactor Dragon, etc. or even backrow that you fear. Bad Aim also makes Yubel miss timing which is fantastic, so you can safely get rid of Terror Incarnate, forcing them to miss timing and then have an empty field to attack directly with. I've also fought against some Stall Decks which are annoying af, but some aren't that bad.

And for the reason I picked Tetsu Trudge?... He has a taunt which sums up my feelings to Six Samurai decks.

"YOU'RE STREET TRASH!"

:secretkpop:

I decided to play more Fatal Labyrinth... And I got into a softlock thanks to the Randomly Generated dungeons, there was no exit for me to get to as it on the other side of the dungeon. But how bad was that? THERE WAS NO TUNNEL TO GET TO THE ROOMS ON THE OTHERSIDE.

Great frickin' job SEGA. I'm amazed that this got through beta testing, because WOW that is really damn bad. Kid Chameleon and Fatal Labyrinth having softlocks like this are god awful.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
mfw Nintendo gives me an eshop discount for my birthday but I own all those games already cause they don't give Switch games discounts on MyNintendo yet.

In FEH news, did everyone remember to finish the second rotation of GHBs? Even if I'm putting the game on the back burner more-or-less, I feel legitimately accomplished for figuring out ways to beat all of the Legion and Valter missions. Except for the water blessings, cause L!Azura is braindead bull**** half the time.

Why does Randulf still lowkey remind me of Naruto.
I'm pretty sure Randulf is a .Hack character.

There's no way they chose an identical shade of teal and orange by accident.

He only has 37 base neutral attack. Totally not broken. :p
Speaking of Haar, any pointers on how to differentiate Minerva from the rest of the pack?

I've got four copies so I can get a +3 Minerva with a boon in either HP, ATK, SPD, or RES.

The "problem" is I've already built a Camilla to +5 and want to start merging Cherche next. Due to her weapon I would assume ATK would be best, but then it's hard to justify using her over Cherche unless I'm doing something with different blessing teams, but if I go anything else I can't help but think it'll just make her a worse Cherche and Michalis.

Camilla comparisons largely get a pass cause Camilla's rocking DC.
When is Nobu coming to Fate/Extella LINK? :secretkpop:
Can we get Summer Nobu? She summons super spooky skeletons and beats you to death with the power of rock n'roll

Six Samurai (SixSam decks can burn for all I care)
As someone who would play SixSam back when Spellbook, Masked Hero, and Amazon ruined everything, I honestly having trouble thinking how SixSam somehow turned into the new DL meta. Regardless, former Sylvan and Fur Hire players aren't allowed to complain. :p

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin Can we recommend parts of a song for the playlist?

Yeah considering FEH is the only other one I've tried and a "character's story" is just 8 lines that they say when u tap on them, I guess I'm easily pleased on what counts as a good story for a mobile game. :p
Mym is popular and will be playable sometime. Most people are guessing that she'll be a Gala unit (the closest thing I could realte it to is is a Feh Legendary, except the banners happen every 2 months instead of monthly. And the last one just ended so you might be waiting for a while). Until then you can TRIP and BRUISE your EARLOBE until Cygames notices and adds her.
Or Burgundy Burgundy , whichever works.

What's the daily grind in this game supposed to be like? So far I'm getting my daily login, my daily item summon, and making sure something is always upgrading in my Castle. Besides that I'm not really doing much.

Also, any pointers for how to play with bows? Cause I'm trying to use Not!Nitocris in the light-element chapter and it's pretty hard to control. I think I might switch over to the pink haired druid girl and try staffs if I can't figure out bows.

Lastly, I rolled the gacha and an adorable painter...goat gorl, I think? Then I rolled another and got Eldwater instead. I understand that Eldwater is DH's equivalent to feathers, but is the difference between rarity levels as significant in DL that I should be looking to promote everyone I plan on using?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It hurts to see Ranulf getting the shaft like that.
gorl wut u meen

He's a green cavalry boi who is basically using Camilla's Axe + refine effect + hilarious cavalry beast effect(s).

idk wut u meen eeeeeeeeeeee

In FEH news, did everyone remember to finish the second rotation of GHBs? Even if I'm putting the game on the back burner more-or-less, I feel legitimately accomplished for figuring out ways to beat all of the Legion and Valter missions. Except for the water blessings, cause L!Azura is braindead bull**** half the time.
I did most of them that I cared to do. They're pretty boring tbh. I just hope Oliver GHB reruns come up. I'm 3 away from +10. eeeee

The "problem" is I've already built a Camilla to +5 and want to start merging Cherche next. Due to her weapon I would assume ATK would be best, but then it's hard to justify using her over Cherche unless I'm doing something with different blessing teams, but if I go anything else I can't help but think it'll just make her a worse Cherche and Michalis.
Minerva is capable of being a dual-phase unit, unlike Cherche and Michalis. Michalis is mediocre on player phase and Cherche gets rolled on enemy phase. Minerva is perfectly flexible, more akin to Camilla than the other green gorls trading some res for other stats ofc.

+spd Minerva with Fury 3 is pretty damn tanky. And since her weapon is dummy-good and basic, she can use Moonbow or Glimmer for 1 charge hax. Or Noontime or Sol and use some other B skill like a breaker or teleport.

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin Can we recommend parts of a song for the playlist?
pls no

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Can we get Summer Nobu? She summons super spooky skeletons and beats you to death with the power of rock n'roll

Shame is I haven't played FGO and I wouldn't mind giving it a go, but I think Dawn of the Breakers will be enough for me as a Gacha.

Also, can we at least appreciate Okita who doesn't have mob versions of herself for farming? :secretkpop:

Buddhahobo said:
As someone who would play SixSam back when Spellbook, Masked Hero, and Amazon ruined everything, I honestly having trouble thinking how SixSam somehow turned into the new DL meta. Regardless, former Sylvan and Fur Hire players aren't allowed to complain. :p
Well it's because of how overpowering they are. Six Samurai now have methods to swarm the field, go +2 or even +4 from drawing, removing cards from your side of the field, negating effects, battle destruction, etc. It's really REALLY stupid since they got their boss Synchro Monster Shi En which can negate any Spell/Trap effect once per turn (So effects like Bad Aim, Pulse Mines, etc. can be snuffed out), Fuma searches another Six Sam from their deck which also helps fuel Shien's Dojo and Six Samurai United which is a better Shard of Greed and Fuma stops effect destruction.

Enishi can return a card from your side of the field back to your hand, pretty much making you wide open to direct attacks, they also have a Trap that does the same thing but with no banish cost and removes two cards from the field back to your hand. Kizan easily allows Special Summoning so that's even more of an annoyance with the swarming capabilities.

Tetsu Trudge's taunt would sum up SixSam players perfectly in the current meta. :secretkpop:

"YOU'RE STREET TRASH!"

But aside from that annoying deck, I love Deskbots. They're so much fun and require thinking on what to Special Summon and what to remove from your Deck. 003 and 004 are just perfect cards imo, capable of swarming, getting over certain monsters thanks to their effects, etc. One of my favourite strats sometimes is to go 003 if they have a face-down monster, Special Summon 009, activate its effect and then attack over the face-down, negating all effects. It fills me up with a PogChamp.

002 and 001 I think are fine cards as well, 001 is only useful for Synchros imo but still has its benefits, such as its effect of going from 500 (Though technically it becomes 1000 when its summoned) and then just snowballs up to say 2500 if you got a 002 on the field with it. Even capable of reaching 5000 ATK if you got two 003s on the field. Heck, Bandit Keith's Level 35 reward "Machine Duplication" is perfect for this archetype, get 1 or 2 copies of the same Monster on the field to swarm and get a potential OTK. It's perfect.

It does struggle with bricking hard, so having say all three copies of 009 in your starting hand is a terrible thing to have, or having nothing but backrow as well. Which is why I run Restart with it, so that way if I ever do brick. I can try and get a better hand which has 004 or 003. I managed to reach Legend 1 in just half a day thanks to Deskbots. I'll probably run this with another Duelist that has Restart, since Trudge is at Level 35 and I do wanna get EXP for the other Duelists that know Restart. I have had a few troubles against certain decks like Yubel and a few Stall Decks, but other then those the deck is fine. It's all about your starting hand and what archetype your running up against. Whenever we do get Pendulums, I expect to see the remaining Deskbots make an appearance, 005, 006, 007 and 008 as those are the remaining few we do not have, buuuut we still got Xyz to come out too.

I guess this would be implied yuri as well.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I forgot, do any gorls here play Xbox? I want more friends to add (and u can see my dedication to Dance Central).
What's the daily grind in this game supposed to be like? So far I'm getting my daily login, my daily item summon, and making sure something is always upgrading in my Castle. Besides that I'm not really doing much.
You should try to do all of the daily quests no matter what. Beyond that, other good daily habits are:
-Feeding a dragon (in the menu where you increase bond levels, not normal levels).
-Buying succulent fruit from the treasure trade
-Doing a few runs of Imperial Onslaught (this is where most of the game's grind ends up happening)
Also, any pointers for how to play with bows? Cause I'm trying to use Not!Nitocris in the light-element chapter and it's pretty hard to control. I think I might switch over to the pink haired druid girl and try staffs if I can't figure out bows.
Bows are widely agreed on to be the worst weapon class. The most effective way to use them is to be right in the face of the enemy so that all of your arrows hit, but at that point why even bother using a ranged weapon.
For Nefaria specifically, her playstyle just revolves around blinding the enemy and then doing increased damage to them while blinded. She was actually one of the characters that got directly buffed recently, after hitting the enemy while they were blinded, she used to remove blindness off of them. So then you had to reapply blind on them so that you could do increased damage to them, remove blind, reapply it, and do that over and over and it was kinda a mess.
Lastly, I rolled the gacha and an adorable painter...goat gorl, I think? Then I rolled another and got Eldwater instead. I understand that Eldwater is DH's equivalent to feathers, but is the difference between rarity levels as significant in DL that I should be looking to promote everyone I plan on using?
Okay so there's actually something else that you can spend eldwater on that I didn't mention before, there's 4 nodes on the top level of every character's mana circles that require a ton of eldwater to unlock. That's what you should be stockpiling your water for. Promoting isn't really that important, although to GET to the top level in the first place they need to be at 5 stars, so if you do really like the character and will invest in them then you kinda have to. Promoting from 3 to 4 stars is usually fine, the cost is cheap and 3 stars need quite a bit of help to get on-par with higher starred characters. I still haven't promoted anyone yet because I'm a hoarder oops, but yeah it's been fine for the most part. My water team for example doesn't have any 5 stars (another reason I need to buy Xander, actually I'm gonna go do that rn), but I'm still able to do all of the important stuff in this event.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I got Ranulf (+hp -res) on my free summon and my last summon ticket gave me my first A!Mikoto (+hp -spd)! I haven't played Tellius so idk about much about Ranulf, but I am still happy to have pulled him, especially after seeing so many people saying he's "bad" (even though he's really not). I'm also glad to have Mikoto in my catalogue now, and her staff will most likely end up going to Lucius. I just wish there were a way to give both Flash+ and Infantry Rush 3 to him tho :/

edit: I've leveled up Ranulf and he's a pretty cool unit. He has 76 physical bulk at neutral (83 considering prf effect + cav beast effect), and it's nearly impossible to double him when he has 37 spd and denies enemy follow-ups in PP. 30 neutral atk isn't that bad because he gets +9 atk considering his prf effects alone. Combine that with his A slot and SS of your choice, Ranulf can be a formidable unit. Of course, he has godawful res, but he's not meant to tank mages so w/e.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I forgot how amazing Carnival Phantasm is. It's my favourite anime of all time. :yeahboi:

Also, played Smash again after a month of not playing... God damn am I rusty af, went on a losing streak which I was not proud of. But oh well, them the breaks. I'll probably clean more rust off today, or just play more BBTAG and find more combos with Gordeau. :yeahboi:

Speaking of BBTAG, there's gonna be a mini tournament of the Arcade Edition tomorrow morning, so I'll try and watch it or catch up on what I missed, it'll last about four hours anyway and I need to see if any changes will actually hinder Gordeau. Also, the chibi models of Heart and Teddie look great, especially Heart's who looks adorable.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And now us no Switch plebeians can finally experience Octopath Traveler on the PC in June 7, 2019: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/11/octopath-traveler-is-headed-to-pc-via-steam-on-june-7-2019/.

With Octopath, I figure the Switch version would be a more unique experience since it'd be like playing an old NES to SNES era Final Fantasy game, but also a Gameboy era Final Fantasy game. So, the whole console and portable shtick. The PC version would be like playing one of the older FF ports. There's nothing wrong with that and it's pretty rare for a Nintendo exclusive game to suddenly be on another system.

As for FEH, Sumia and a tsundere cat.
3* Fae: +Res, -HP.

3* Gunter: +Def, -Spd.

3* Reinhardt: +HP, -Def.

4* Sothe: +Res, -Def.

5* Sumia: +Spd, -Res.

4* Ares: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Henry: +Res, -Spd.

4* Legault: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Nino: +Atk, -Def.

3* Tailtiu: +HP, -Res.

4* Donnel #1: +Res, -HP.

3* Florina: +Spd, -Def.

4* Gwendolyn: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Palla: neutral.

4* Serra: +HP, -Def.

3* Donnel #2: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Fir: +Spd, -Res.

5* Lethe: +Res, -HP. Basically legendary Eirika as a cat.

4* Lukas: +Atk, -Def.

4* M!Morgan: +HP, -Res. I have enough copies to +10 now. I don't want to do it.

Edit: And a fifth trash summon. At least I got Lethe?
3* Eliwood: +Res, -HP.

4* Hana: +HP, -Spd.

4* Oboro: +HP, -Spd.

3* Raven: +Def, -HP.

4* Virion: +Atk, -Def.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
And now us no Switch plebeians can finally experience Octopath Traveler on the PC in June 7, 2019: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/11/octopath-traveler-is-headed-to-pc-via-steam-on-june-7-2019/.

With Octopath, I figure the Switch version would be a more unique experience since it'd be like playing an old NES to SNES era Final Fantasy game, but also a Gameboy era Final Fantasy game. So, the whole console and portable shtick. The PC version would be like playing one of the older FF ports. There's nothing wrong with that and it's pretty rare for a Nintendo exclusive game to suddenly be on another system.
There's nothing wrong with it except that Square's PC ports are absolute garbage 9 times out of 10. :secretkpop: Octopath SHOULD be simple enough but ye I'd still wait for it to come out before getting excited.

btw Alfyn best girl.

EDIT: TF DRAGALIA IS REDIONG THEIR SUMMONING POOL BUT DOING IT RIGHT UNLIKE HEROES
WYRMPRINTS ARE REMOVED AND YOU CAN DIRECTLY BUY THEM WITH ELDWATER NOW.

THIS GAME REALLY IS JUST POPPING OFF ON TOP OF FEH'S DEAD CORPSE
EDIT #2: AND ELDWATER PAYOFF IS INCREASING A BUNCH TO MAKE UP FOR IT. BLEß
EDIT #3: AND AND AND THEY'RE PAYING BACK HOWEVER MUCH ELDWATER YOU MISSED OUT ON FOR EVERYONE YOU SUMMONED FROM BEFORE THE UPDATE.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There's nothing wrong with it except that Square's PC ports are absolute garbage 9 times out of 10. :secretkpop: Octopath SHOULD be simple enough but ye I'd still wait for it to come out before getting excited.
Square Enix has gotten better in the recent years, but yeah, of the Japanese companies that port or develop games for PC, Capcom and Kojima Productions are light years ahead of the others. Capcom in particular works some black magic with some of their in-house engines of which MT Framework is the craziest when you can have +200 FPS on Devil May Cry 4 because why not. I think we're at a point where people can get +400 FPS on Devil May Cry 4. Speaking of Devil May Cry, 5's soundtrack is hella awesome.

Kind of spoiler-y, but kind of not since they showed King Cerberus as a weapon. So, the boss's theme goes from a call back to DMC3's Cerberus boss theme to let's rave, baby! It's hilariously awesome to me.

As for Octopath Traveler on the PC, it hopefully shouldn't have problems, but then again, developers have done worse when it comes to porting or developing games on any system. Sure, let's port the mobile phone versions of Final Fantasy to the PC because why not. It's not like we couldn't have ported the other versions.

btw Alfyn best girl.
But H'aanit, though.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Made a tier list on the music in BBTAG.

1555059726248.png

You're welcome. :secretkpop:

In gacha related stuff. I managed to get my first character to Max Level, Fully Awaken and have MAX Limit Break too. Ironically she's from a Halloween Event, but I'm glad I achieved that, now I'll try and get some of my other characters to the same as well, but it'll probably take a while since my 2nd strongest is only Level 51, and they can cap out at Level 70. So fingers crossed!

Also, I'm liking what I've seen of Teddie in BBTAG so far. He can make 5BB safe by doing 5A afterwards, in case his opponent bursts out which is fantastic, meaning he can optimally punish them accordingly. :yeahboi:

Also, I will run this team dammit.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I had two Zelda mirror matches the other day in Quickplay. In the event that at least one of you browse this thread, good games Spork and Abby-chan!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Edit + reminder: Hammond is a gift not only to Overwatch, but the world.

Archives is gonna be gud. eeeeeeee

I had two Zelda mirror matches the other day in Quickplay. In the event that at least one of you browse this thread, good games Spork and Abby-chan!
If they lost, then it's obvious they don't come here. :secretkpop:

jk

or am i

oOoOoOo

There's nothing wrong with it except that Square's PC ports are absolute garbage 9 times out of 10.
FFX and FFX-2 were very decently ported though. And they have cheats and fast forwarding built in so yaaaaaay. :^)

EDIT: TF DRAGALIA IS REDIONG THEIR SUMMONING POOL BUT DOING IT RIGHT UNLIKE HEROES
WYRMPRINTS ARE REMOVED AND YOU CAN DIRECTLY BUY THEM WITH ELDWATER NOW.

THIS GAME REALLY IS JUST POPPING OFF ON TOP OF FEH'S DEAD CORPSE
EDIT #2: AND ELDWATER PAYOFF IS INCREASING A BUNCH TO MAKE UP FOR IT. BLEß
EDIT #3: AND AND AND THEY'RE PAYING BACK HOWEVER MUCH ELDWATER YOU MISSED OUT ON FOR EVERYONE YOU SUMMONED FROM BEFORE THE UPDATE.
OK but while you're playing a lame husbando/waifu collector I'm playing a game where you essentially collect hockey pucks and fling them around a wrestling ring. So clearly your game is still trash. :^)

And I still don't get the FEH hate that's been going around recently. People should've waited for the old banners to pop up before judging. What I'm assuming is Gen 1 will get their own banners, making it easier to get them via focus but not by randomly spamming orbs. That allows them to spam GHBs/GHBs or rerun them because now they can just lazily use the old banners. I hope all rerun banners have summoning lists that just feature 5* pools of Gen 1s or Gen 2s, which would make their restructuring make plenty of sense. FEH is a game with, like, 200+ Heroes. And 1000+ if you count alternate weapons, post-game versions, cipher card versions, and so on. Having all those Heroes in 1 summoning pool? Nonononono.

But I have yet to see direct evidence that that's what they're going to do. If not idc either way. I got my husbandos/projects to last me for a while. I don't need shiny new-but-old 5*s. And I really don't want any Gen 1 5*s since they're essentially pity-breaking 4*s of Gen2/Gen3 units lmao.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Gah Aether Raids are kinda difficult :(

I think it's mostly because I'm a returning player of a bit over a month so fortresses are usually +2 levels over mine and I don't have these "gen 2/3" units. I'm guaranteed to stay in tier 18 this week... not sure if that's an achievement or not. Stressful mode for sure.

Looked up guides on YouTube and... lol. I am not going to spend 30+ minutes preparing for one map potentially multiple times a day.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I got some new headphones.

Part of me feels like I'm experiencing a placebo effect and simply didn't pay attention to some of the stuff I listen to, but whoa, I feel like I'm hearing things I couldn't or didn't with my other headphones and earphones and in general, stuff sounds more powerful or majestic to my ears.

Edit: I freaking found it! I found what this part from DMC5's Roar Roar Roar: https://youtu.be/hWHmhb0nf3M?t=265, reminded me of: Final Fantasy VII's Still More Fighting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnGnJWKyBak.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: It would have nice if I said what headphones I got. They're the Audio Technica ATH-WS1100iS. From what I read about them, so reviews and such, I'd say they're poorly marketed and under-marketed. They're marketed as "solid bass" headphones, but people say the bass is pretty much normal meaning they're not for bass heads. At the same time, they're comparable to the MSR7, but if they had more (relative) bass and costed less because it comes with less accessories, only one wire with a built-in mic instead of three. There's also some differences in build, the MSR7 are completely closed and have a tighter initial clamp while the WS1100iS are semi-openish and don't have as tight of clamp, and build quality where the MSR7 has had some issues for some people.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Gah Aether Raids are kinda difficult :(

I think it's mostly because I'm a returning player of a bit over a month so fortresses are usually +2 levels over mine and I don't have these "gen 2/3" units. I'm guaranteed to stay in tier 18 this week... not sure if that's an achievement or not. Stressful mode for sure.

Looked up guides on YouTube and... lol. I am not going to spend 30+ minutes preparing for one map potentially multiple times a day.
Gen 2/3 units aren't automatically better than Gen 1 units. You essentially need units who have something that is abusable to have a guaranteed win. Anything else is just Hard Mode.

Abusable:
Owltome thicc bois
M!Corrin cheerleeding for someone
L!Azura doing L!Azura things
AOE Special Spiral spam
Pain+SB Nukes
Bulky colorless units
Teleporting Dancers and one of the aboves tbh (AOE nuke can clear out 1 unit every turn)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
And I still don't get the FEH hate that's been going around recently. People should've waited for the old banners to pop up before judging. What I'm assuming is Gen 1 will get their own banners, making it easier to get them via focus but not by randomly spamming orbs. That allows them to spam GHBs/GHBs or rerun them because now they can just lazily use the old banners. I hope all rerun banners have summoning lists that just feature 5* pools of Gen 1s or Gen 2s, which would make their restructuring make plenty of sense. FEH is a game with, like, 200+ Heroes. And 1000+ if you count alternate weapons, post-game versions, cipher card versions, and so on. Having all those Heroes in 1 summoning pool? Nonononono.
Oops late reply.
It's less about what they changed and more about what they didn't change. These outdated units are still locked to 5 stars only, the 5 star pool is just as huge as it was before, you just won't see all of it at once all of the time anymore. The change itself doesn't really do.... anything? The units are still 5 star exclusive, you're still going to get pitybroken, all that changes is who you're getting pitybroken by which isn't a huge deal. The only major problem out of all of this is that it shows that IS really does not want to demote any 5 star exclusives.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Our boy Ven got a huge upset against ESAM at Prime Saga. Getting 17th. :yeahboi:

I'm sad Tea didn't win it, but oh well. He still placed amazingly at the event.

Also, might as well leave another card archetype I thought of for YGO that no one will care for. :secretkpop:

Cards based on Paper, Card, Cardboard creations.

Cardboard Cat
Level 1
200 ATK/500 DEF
Rock/EARTH

This card loses 400 ATK and DEF for each monster on the field that is either Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute. You can discard this card from your Hand to the GY; Special Summon one Level 3 or lower "Card"/"Paper" Monster from your Deck, Hand or GY except "Cardboard Cat".

Paper Mache Crow
Level 1
0 ATK/500 DEF
Winged Beast/WIND

This card loses 400 ATK and DEF for each monster on the field that is either Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute. If this card was Special Summoned by a card effect, you can add 1 "Card"/"Paper" Monster and 1 "Card"/"Paper" Spell or Trap from your Deck to your Hand except "Paper Mache Crow".

Card Crane
Level 2
500 ATK/500 DEF
Winged Beast/WIND

This card loses 400 ATK and DEF for each monster on the field that is either Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute. If this card is used as Material for a Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon, draw 1 card. If this card is in your GY, Special Summon 2 "Cardboard Piece" Tokens to your side of the field (Rock/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 300).

Cardboard Figure
Level 3
1200 ATK/600 DEF
Warrior/EARTH

This card loses 400 ATK and DEF for each monster on the field that is either Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute. If this card is Normal Summoned to your side of the field, you can target two cards in your opponent's Extra Deck; banish them face-down. If this card is used as Material for a Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon, you can add 1 "Paper Factory" from your Deck to your Hand.

Cardboard Tunnel
Level 3
0 ATK/2100 DEF
Rock/EARTH

This card loses 400 ATK and DEF for each monster on the field that is either Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute. If this card is Special Summoned by a card effect, all "Card"/"Paper" monsters gain 400 ATK and DEF for each monster on the field that is either Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute instead. Once per turn, if a Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute monsters declares an attack, you can negate the attack.

Cardboard Car
Level 3
1000 ATK/1000 DEF
Rock/EARTH

This card loses 400 ATK and DEF for each monster on the field that is either Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute. If this card is Special Summoned by a card effect, destroy cards up to the number of "Card"/"Paper" monsters on your side of the field.

Cardboard Cutout
Normal Spell

Add 1 "Card"/"Paper" monster from your deck to your hand (This includes "BOXer").

Papercrafting
Normal Spell

Select 2 "Card"/"Paper" monsters on your side of the field; once per turn, they cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.

Paper Factory
Field Spell

Negate all card effects that read "This card loses 400 ATK and DEF for each monster on the field that is either Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute" on all "Card"/"Paper" monsters you control. During either players turn, select 2 "Card"/"Paper" monsters (This includes "BOXer") in your Hand and/or Field; Special Summon one Synchro, Xyz or Link Monster from your Extra Deck, but its effects are negated the turn they are Special Summoned.

Paper Inferno!!
Trap Card

Send "Paper Factory" from your side of the field to the GY; destroy all "Card"/"Paper" monsters on the field, then target on your opponent's side of the field up to the number of destroyed "Card"/"Paper" monsters, destroy those targets. If this card is in the GY, you can banish this card to send up to 5 "Card"/"Paper" monsters from your GY back to your Deck, then draw 1 card.

Durable Cardboard
Equip Spell

If the equip target is selected as a battle target, it cannot be destroyed by battle and you take no battle damage.

Cardboard Knight
Rank 3
Warrior/EARTH/Xyz
1500 ATK/1800 DEF

2 Level 3 or Lower "Card"/"Paper" Monsters

This card loses 400 ATK and DEF for each monster on the field that is either Pyro-type or FIRE Attribute. When this card is Xyz Summoned, attach two material to this card. When a material is detached from this card, Special Summon material that was used to Xyz Summon this monster from your GY to your side of the Field. If "Paper Factory" is on your side of the field, it cannot be targetted by card effects.

Tiny Paper Cutout Army
Level 1
Warrior/EARTH/Link
500 ATK/LINK-2 (Down-Left, Down)

1 "Card"/"Paper" Monster

If this card points to a "Card"/"Paper" monster, you can increase the ATK of this card by 1000. Once per turn, reveal one "Card"/"Paper" monster in your hand; Special Summon that monster from your Deck, increase its ATK by 2000, but it is destroyed at the End Phase. If this card is removed from the field, you can add 1 "Paper Factory" from your Deck to your side of field; Special Summon 2 "Card"/"Paper" monsters to your side of the field, double their ATK until the end of your next turn (This includes "BOXer").

That's all I could think of. :secretkpop:

Also, I'll need to play more Fate/Extella LINK. I'm still enjoying it, but I'll need to play more to unlock as much as I want. I also got my results back from University, I managed to score an 80/100 on my assessment. Which I was NOT expecting that's for sure!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I've been playing with Palutena online and she's fun. But oddly enough, I find myself running away far more than I do with Zelda. Like, Zelda's only afraid of speed and range. But Palutena is pretty afraid of anything getting into her personal space regardless of what they can or cannot do. Her spam is also slightly laggier than Zelda's, despite being stronger/better for trapping.

I think if I want a speedy projectile gorl I'd stick with WFT for now. WFT has crap range, but projectile spam is godly vs anyone without reflectors. And even then it doesn't hurt WFT since the soccer ball gets reflected at odd angles and ha sphere is slow enough to dodge on the rebound.

Zelda is the good all-arounder. Pretty good at scaring people who don't take her seriously or people who are forced to approach her with mediocre tools.

Robin is in the trash until he becomes not-trash ofc. Basically the worst of Palutena in terms of lag and Zelda in terms of range. And then worse projectiles with limits. Essentially, if you like Robin, just play a Belmont instead. The only trade off is the poor recovery, but a heavyweight-but-not-huuuuuuge-hurtbox character with decent speed and projectile spam is pretty powerful. Which is why I like them more than Robin atm. Also dat Dtilt thoooooo.

Wrestler Cat is trash but fun trash at least. He is precious in his own special way eeeeeeee.

Tried to play Samus but she's kinda boring. Not Link-boring tho. I don't like characters with lofty jumps, although I do appreciate how small her hurtbox is during UpB/DownB/2nd jump/rolling/etc. She feels like a floatier and less deadly Snake, but ofc, with more reach on her physical moves.

And ofc DE PLANT I play purely because its adorable and precious. Although just about every tool it has is awful. It's more of a 2v2/FFA player than Zelda is so holy crap rip. I think DE PLANT could use some more power somewhere, I'm just not sure where besides a slightly faster "charging" neutral B.

Oops late reply.
It's less about what they changed and more about what they didn't change. These outdated units are still locked to 5 stars only, the 5 star pool is just as huge as it was before, you just won't see all of it at once all of the time anymore. The change itself doesn't really do.... anything? The units are still 5 star exclusive, you're still going to get pitybroken, all that changes is who you're getting pitybroken by which isn't a huge deal. The only major problem out of all of this is that it shows that IS really does not want to demote any 5 star exclusives.
But they gonna get refines gorl.

I assume 5* locked gorls will get dummy good refines by default... That fit their stat lines, anyway. It'd be neat if Mist, Elise, and Genny became the first 3 staff users to get prf weapons with refines. pls IS pls gib plsss

I think the only mistake they have done and still are doing since day 1 are having 15-20 day New Hero banners. They should make New Hero banners last 24 hours BUT make it so that there are only 5* focuses and no pity breakers. Then the New Hero banner is replaced by a clone banner, but features all 5*s for the next 14 days. There'd be a spike in sales for sure and players can get what they want. It also means a more diverse meta since everyone will have the new bois/gorls if they threw orbs at the banner. Instead of, like, people saving orbs after getting their 1st pity breaker or whatever.

Well, either that or make it so the focus heroes have 5% like a typical Hero Fest banner. We pull on the new hero banners for the new heroes. Stop ****ing us around for no reason. There's plenty of other **** banners for us to pull on if we want non-focus Heroes.
Our boy Ven got a huge upset against ESAM at Prime Saga. Getting 17th. :yeahboi:
Graphic footage of Ven slaying unsuspecting heauxes:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
My current schedule had me sleeping through Ven's stuff, did he not get on stream a couple of times? Why aren't they uploading his matches, but are seemingly uploading almost every other. It's a shame, I really wanted to seem them. At least there are highlights.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
As far as I know only Ven vs. Samsora was on stream.
And it's actually quite sad to see that if I'm honest (and she will get flax in comments as usual if that video should come on and those comment would ignore he got 17th with her).
Just joking, it shows off some flaws Zelda has and how Samsora exploited those. But other matches weren't on stream from Ven.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Gorls, I have two school counselor job interviews scheduled within the next week or so. One for Friday the 19th and another for Thursday the 25th.

I'm nervous but also excited lol.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So Nintendo just dropped a 15 minute Direct for Joker and the next patch but none of that matters BECAUSE TEDDIE IS NOW A MII COSTUME

The Persona stage has P3 and P4 skins with accompanying music holy ****

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
imo Joker looks pretty good but also balanced? Twitter seems to be freaking out over how OP her could end up being but he has his flaws.
He has a tether recovery
But he ONLY has a tether recovery (if Arsene isn't out). His recovery should be pretty predictable and edgeguarding him should be simple.
He has a counter and a reflect in 1 move
Pale tuna already has this? (Edit in the middle of typing this but K Rool has this too) It's a great tool but it won't be oppressive. Plus tuna goddess (and K Rool) can use hers (/ his) at any time, Joker can only use it if Arsene is out. Speaking of him...
Joker has limit and Arsene is broken
You can deal with it the same way you can deal with limit, run away until it runs out. (Side note: pls don't run away from WIi Fit Trainer after she uses Deep Breathing, I want to win more games thx)
Side B is a powerful DoT
It did about 10% total, and that was with the 1v1 damage boost it looks like. The one with Arsene will prob do 20%-25% and that will be worth it. But the base form? It'd be better to hit with something else to start a combo, you'll get more damage that way.

The boi is speedy and has some nice disjoints and most likely will be a great character, but I think some people are overexaggerating some parts of him as if other characters don't already have these traits :p
Anyways only about 18 more hours until I hear BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY nonstop for the next week :secretkpop:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
I feel he'll be a even (maybe good?) MU for our girl. He has a projectile with his glock and he uses them for his aerials. I just feel we give him free limit whenever we take out our knight and Din.

Just hoping he isn't the re-awakenedbecause the mechanic looks kinda the same.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
:ultjoker:

So now we have Yu Narukami in Smash. He's a season traveller now.

He's in Blazblue Cross Tag Battle and now Smash. Speaking of BBTAG, could you imagine if the 6th Fate is Melty Blood and we get Neco-Arc as a fighter? :secretkpop:

Imagine the interactions Neco-Arc would have with the cast. I can probably think of a few, which is why I'll leave them here since no one asked for them. :secretkpop:

Intros:
#1: "Nya nya nya..."

#2: "Crossovers everywhere! I hope I don't get caught in copyright..."

#3: "Teamwork is something us cats are known for, nya."

Outros:
#1: "Victory is a dish best served with sardines, nya."

#2: "I'll go and get you your bus fare now, nya."

#3: "Cuuuut! Cuuuut! Where's the damsel in distress, nya!?"

w/Assist Out:
"Time for us to get some blue mountain tea at the near convenience store, nya."

Post-Win:
#1: "You'll have to do better then that. You'll have to persuade me with cat food first to make me concede, nya."

#2: "This feeling of desire... I forgot to get the latest DVD Box-set, nyaaaa!"

#3: "Teamwork is accquired through needless anquish. Lemme quench that firstly by inviting you over dinner, nya."
w/Nine:
Intro:
Neco-Arc: Nya nya nya... It is time for this cat's debut!
Nine: Oh dear, what's a lost little kitty cat like you doing here? Wanna get burned just like them?

Outro:
Neco-Arc: Now that my services were of help to you, about payment in sardines, nya.
Nine: So you do wanna get scorched alive then. I can make arrangements for that.

Post-Win:
Nine: You seem so unorthodox and unatural, maybe I should let my daughter tinker with you a bit.
Neco-Arc: Nonono! That's fine, nya. I already get enough trouble from Apron.

w/Jubei:
Intro:
Jubei: Haven't seen a beast like you before. You not from the Kaka Clan?
Neco-Arc: Fufufu, the Cat Kingdom is part of its own territory, nya.

Outro:
Jubei: Well then. That takes care of that.
Neco-Arc: Don't mess with the Royal Guard of the Cat Kingdom, nya!

Post-Win:
Neco-Arc: Perhaps we could discuss trade between our kingdoms, nya? I'll offer sardines in exchange of whatever goods you have, I'll even raise the prices to 30 Yen.
Jubei: Sorry, I'm not that much of a consultant in trade. I just do all the fightin', you better ask someone else for that stuff.

w/Rachel:
Intro:
Neco-Arc: The great patrol of the Cat Kingdom shall provide assistance for you, nya!
Rachel: What a peculiar creature you are, nevertheless I'll accept your offer.

Outro:
Neco-Arc: That concludes this episode of "Great Magical Girl: Gothic Girl VI"!
Rachel: Do tune in next week.

Post-Win:
Rachel: I think this calls for a celebration. Naga, would you perhaps provide cat food for this stray?
Neco-Arc: C-C-C-Cat food!? The highest cuisine of all cats, I'm honoured nya.
w/Teddie:
Intro:
Teddie: There's only room for one adorable mascot here!
Neco-Arc: We shall see then, my furry rival.

Outro:
Neco-Arc: Do you see now, nya? I am the royalty of mascots!
Teddie:

Post-Win:
Neco-Arc: We need to celebrate nya. Let us prepare curry for our rival!
Teddie: (I hope it's better then Chie-chan and Yukiko-chan's...)

w/Aegis:
Intro:
Aegis: I am ready for combat protocol.
Neco-Arc: Nya nya... Maybe this is God providing a new Guardian Angel...

Outro:
Aegis: Target has been neutralised.
Neco-Arc: Thank you, God of Cats nya!

Post-Win:
Neco-Arc: Nya... You seem like a much more nicer mech instead of Mecha-kun, she would always crush me and step on me. It was not nice at all, nya.
Aegis: Did this Mecha-kun promote animal cruelty? I shall have her blacklisted and reported to animal protection!
w/Hyde:
Intro:
Neco-Arc: The feeling of a protagonist from a Visual Novel, nya... Are you..!?
Hyde: Hey, hey! Just what the hell are you supposed to be!?

Outro:
Hyde: Sorry, couldn't hold back my strength there.
Neco-Arc: We just gotta give you glasses... Then perfect!

Post-Win:
Hyde: Can you stop giving that look!? It's creeping me out, what the hell do you even want with me!?
Neco-Arc: Nya nya... No one wants the protagonist to be a tsundere, y'know. Or maybe you're still a newbie like Miss Alchemist said, nya.

w/Linne:
Intro:
Linne: Go on stray cat, this battlefield isn't suitable for you.
Neco-Arc: You gotta persuade me first with the highest quality of pet food first, nya!

Outro:
Neco-Arc: Victory has been accomplished for the Cat Kingdom, nya!
Linne: Good grief... How much nonsense can you blather on about?

Post-Win:
Linne: You're such an unusual creature, are you even a being of the Hollow Night?
Neco-Arc: Such power... Such monotone... It's like I'm looking at a Goddess, nya.

w/Mika:
Intro:
Neco-Arc: I see I have found myself a new rival. I'm sorry, China.
Mika: Rival!? I'll make sure I'll impress you then!

Outro:
Mika: Nobody can stop our super duper teamwork!
Neco-Arc: You are worthy of being my newest rival! We'll talk about this over curry then, nya.

Post-Win:
Mika: This feeling of rivalry... I'll make sure to get stronger so I can defeat you one day!
Neco-Arc: Nya nya nya! This is the spirit of war between us two! Don't faulter one bit and I might introduce you to my former rival, nya.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
As far as I know only Ven vs. Samsora was on stream.
And it's actually quite sad to see that if I'm honest (and she will get flax in comments as usual if that video should come on and those comment would ignore he got 17th with her).
Just joking, it shows off some flaws Zelda has and how Samsora exploited those. But other matches weren't on stream from Ven.
Gotcha, thanks. I wanted to see how he handled the Esam Pikachu and the Samsora Peach MUs. From what little I could tell from the highlights, he went pretty even with Samsora, until the last one which I couldn't tell if he choked or if Samsora figured out some weakness. According to Esam he played pretty poorly and that's why Esam lost to Ven, but I can't tell if that's him johning from losing to the character he called low tier a few days before or not.

As for the Joker MU, I think counter can be baited pretty easily like other counters, but the projectiles might be an issue. I'll have to see how much lag they have, to see whether they can be FW punished or not, but having that much versatility could be a problem. I'd need to see more of his frame data, weight, and hurtbox shifting to really be able to comment whether this could be bad for Zelda or not.

I also wonder if there are going to be any changes to Zelda. I feel like she is pretty good as she is, but wouldn't mind buffs, as long as they don't nerf certain aspects like her damage and knockback to compensate. I would really hate to see her become more mainstream and join the safe aerial spamming crowd. Not only do I find that playstyle incredibly boring to both play and fight, but I like characters that are difficult to play and are more unique from the norm. I also like how much power she has and would be pretty upset if they nerfed that in any way.

Basically, I require three things from any character I main: 1. Good recovery in terms of distance, I like being able to go deep offstage and hate being gimped at low percents. 2. Ability to kill early, I don't like spending a lot of time racking up damage, only to need a read to kill anyway. 3. They need to be pretty unique and have some sort of hipster factor to them, I like playing characters and playstyles that are very different and cool.

Zelda manages to fit all of that pretty well, while being from my favorite Nintendo series and aesthetically pleasing to boot. She fits me the best and it would definitely be a shame if they changed that in any significant way. If they do change or buff her in some way, hopefully they'll still keep all the aspects I like about her and keep her unique.

Top Bottom