• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
In other news today, Europe just voted to destroy the Internet. So that's a thing now.

Out of these waifus in Fate/Extella LINK. Who would you pick?

Nero Claudius
Tamamo no Mae
Artoria
Scathach
Astolfo
Elizabeth Bathory
Medusa
Altera
Francis Drake
Jeanne d'Arc

Choose wisely.

Elizabeth just had me at "puppy". You had me at hello puppy.
Oh, Eli-chan, you make us laugh, you make us cry, but gorl do you know how to rock a wardrobe.

As for FEH stuff I'm just autoplaying the hell out of it until the banner drops next week. I have 60 orbs saved up and hope I get a good boi or legendary boi. My roster is severely lacking in the good boi department. :^(
Decided I didn't really care about the legendary banner and went all in for more Archer!Hinokas.

Got another +DEF Archer!Hinoka, then pity broken by a Mikoto and a Tacomeat.

I know you gorls talked a bit about red mages a while back before Sophia got her prf, but what do you all think about it? Now that I have three Tacos I think it's time I fully +10 Sophia and give her CC.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Shantae 5 was announced and Samurai Shodown is slated to be released on June 2019 for the PS4 and Xbox One with the Switch and PC versions being released later. The art style is really awesome which I think I've said before already. Here's the trailer from PAX East.

As for FEH, freebies 4* +HP, -Atk Saizo from the bond skills banner and +Spd, -Atk 5* Ayra from Bartre and Fir's BHB banner.

Edit: I hate phones.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
In other news today, Europe just voted to destroy the Internet. So that's a thing now.
It's been a honour to talk about and post memes with you all. But in all seriousness, it's a stupid thing that they want to ruin, we do have two years left before it's fully implemented, so they could end up scrapping the whole idea in the end. But we will have to wait and see, just goes to show how stupid members of the EU are.

Buddhahobo said:
Honestly, I have a feeling Cress! Cress! might like LINK. Since he has done videos and tier lists on Hyrule Warriors, we're still waiting on his Tier List for FE Warriors. Then he could do one on Fate/Extella LINK. :secretkpop: (Seriously, it's fun to play. I still need to unlock the remaining Servants by going the B Route which is after Day 4 I think. Thankfully I can freely choose which Stages to go to afterwards, so I just need to unlock Stage 11 and then it'll be smooth sailing from here. Just gotta unlock Artoria and Altera afterwards.

Also, since Lil Puddin Lil Puddin likes to go on about buff boys. I'll leave this cursed image here for him:

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I summoned a cheerleader gorl named Ballbuster Vale in Muscle Hustle and I love her. Why can't we have confident/stronk gorls in FEH? It's a travesty.

I forgot California G O R L S was a thing, but I've remedied my tragic mistake by adding it to the B•GAL.

I know you gorls talked a bit about red mages a while back before Sophia got her prf, but what do you all think about it? Now that I have three Tacos I think it's time I fully +10 Sophia and give her CC.
Red is the worst defensive color. You are better off running an Owl Tome Boey/Oliver/etc to combat colorless and meta blues than you are using a super Def/Res stacked Sophia. My +6 Oliver has ez-won every single Aether raid I came across that didn't have DC-Surtr. He is truly a beautiful god among ugly men.

So, Shantae 5 was announced.
I wonder if a certain half-genie will be appearing in Smash as well? She has been widely requested and the timing would be very convenient... More magic gorls who aren't gross anime waifus = always a good thing.

Also, sorry you were cucked by the useless Ayra. She is, like, the absolute worst. Emo Eirika needs to stop.

how i feel when playing against inkling
:secretkpop:
Why are you yelling at a fair and balanced character? :secretkpop:

It's been a honour to talk about and post memes with you all. But in all seriousness, it's a stupid thing that they want to ruin, we do have two years left before it's fully implemented, so they could end up scrapping the whole idea in the end. But we will have to wait and see, just goes to show how stupid members of the EU are.

Also, since Lil Puddin Lil Puddin likes to go on about buff boys. I'll leave this cursed image here for him:
Just make A13 a meme and they will have to ban it. :^)

That is truly a curseT image. Like, what is he even trying to do/what kinda pose is that omg stop.

Also I have more than enough curseT bara images thnx.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
The entire ordeal was just sleazy. Apparently there are multiple reports of MPs voting for the wrong thing?

And unfortunately this is the type of thing EU governments REALLY wanted to pass. For the UK, because it fulfills their insatiable authoritarian boner, for the rest of Europe because it'll let them try to kill Youtube because their traditional media outlets can't compete or get rich trying via lawsuits that only ever seem to target US companies. Shame most of the internet will burn either way.

Honestly, I have a feeling Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! might like LINK. Since he has done videos and tier lists on Hyrule Warriors, we're still waiting on his Tier List for FE Warriors. Then he could do one on Fate/Extella LINK. :secretkpop: (Seriously, it's fun to play. I still need to unlock the remaining Servants by going the B Route which is after Day 4 I think. Thankfully I can freely choose which Stages to go to afterwards, so I just need to unlock Stage 11 and then it'll be smooth sailing from here. Just gotta unlock Artoria and Altera afterwards.
I just started Path B so I'm finally back in Altera's old stronghold map from the first game with the wine ponds.

I don't think Cress would like enough to justify it's full retail price, imo. From a mechanics point of view it's a huge improvement from Extella, but it's not HW/FEW/PW levels even with the stuff that's unique to this style of DW. And the story is effectively non-existent the more I play. If Altera wasn't in her Larva form I'd go as far as to say this is a straight up AU where Extella just never happened cause as far as I can tell that's the only plot-related thing from Extella that Link doesn't repeatedly contradict.

A tier list for this game would take some time to put together with all the action skills, tbh. Even when you unlock all of them per character, as you level up they level up too with increased damage and decreased cooldown, then there are the Drive Skill augments you can apply.

I think some of the top tiers are pretty easy to find; Nero can do basically everything, and Astolfo definitely felt like one in the map I used him in. That Grand-Theft-Hippograff action skill has no business being so damn strong, and Drake has a near identical move where she uses a rowboat instead. Astolfo did seem somewhat lacking in the 1-vs-1 area though.

Robin Hood definitely isn't as strong as Archer/Nameless, but they also play massively differently even though they're both Archers. Nameless has a physical normal move string with long ranged Action skills along with a normal move buffing skill. You run in, slice their face up, dash back, then Action Skill a bombardment of arrows. Robin Hood is more traditional long range, but his big gimmick is he needs to poison his enemies to do massive damage. He has poisoning Action skills, but what he really needs are some high ranking drive skills that let his normal attacks naturally poison what he hits.

Cu Chulainn is fantastic as a duelist. If a servant or a AP commander is standing right in front of him, he will Gae Bolg you from 100%-to-death in seconds. Racking up the KO count on a time limit, though? That's a bit more difficult, but he might have an Action Skill I haven't played with yet built around just fixing that part of his moveset.

Red is the worst defensive color. You are better off running an Owl Tome Boey/Oliver/etc to combat colorless and meta blues than you are using a super Def/Res stacked Sophia. My +6 Oliver has ez-won every single Aether raid I came across that didn't have DC-Surtr. He is truly a beautiful god among ugly men.
Are those Owl Tomes with or without CC? I don't think I'd ever bother giving CC to an Archer and any dagger I'd invest in has **** DEF (i.e., Felicia, Eir, Bucket Hinoka). When it comes to blues I don't think I'd consider anyone for a defensive build atm besides Robin; most other blue mages are flimsy nukers more than anything else. From the greens, Boey is an option but so is S!Camilla, who has fantastic physical bulk in her current (nearly two years old) role of blade user on a flier team. Besides them...F!Robin, I guess? She has Tactical Gale which is pretty nice.

I wouldn't really expect a slow red mage to be combating meta blues to begin with. Her job in an Aether Raid team (a mode I think I only played about three weeks of) would be as the DC-Surtr counter. The Ophelia/Rein/other-blues counter would probably still be a Camilla, either the OG or her Spring variant. Only real problem with the latter is I use my flier team for 90% of the game, and I'd have to constantly swap out her moveset.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Are those Owl Tomes with or without CC? I don't think I'd ever bother giving CC to an Archer and any dagger I'd invest in has **** DEF (i.e., Felicia, Eir, Bucket Hinoka). When it comes to blues I don't think I'd consider anyone for a defensive build atm besides Robin; most other blue mages are flimsy nukers more than anything else. From the greens, Boey is an option but so is S!Camilla, who has fantastic physical bulk in her current (nearly two years old) role of blade user on a flier team. Besides them...F!Robin, I guess? She has Tactical Gale which is pretty nice.

I wouldn't really expect a slow red mage to be combating meta blues to begin with. Her job in an Aether Raid team (a mode I think I only played about three weeks of) would be as the DC-Surtr counter. The Ophelia/Rein/other-blues counter would probably still be a Camilla, either the OG or her Spring variant. Only real problem with the latter is I use my flier team for 90% of the game, and I'd have to constantly swap out her moveset.
You will be graced with the presence of...
+6 Oliboi.jpg

M!Corrin has Rally Atk+, Spur Atk 3, and Spur Def/Res 2. So his full combat buffs = 65 atk/31 spd/45 def/49 res. Then +6 atk buff because why not? That's just with Corrin at his side ofc. He still can't tank Ophelia because that's how OP she is. Soooooo... I guess we need a green Oliver one day to actually be able to do that. :^(

edit: As for archers and dagger users, they COULD do something similar if they had the right stats. But the only archers who could try to do something is Faye or Roy and the only dagger user who can do something is W!Cecelia. But still, attacking res > def when it comes to doing stupid OP things like this.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I like Zelda's design in this game. I also like here Twilight Princess Design, but I understand them wanting something "fresh" or new for this game. Also Zelda's Twilight dress was better in Brawl, than Smash Wii U for poofiness in her dress alone. They'd slim it down a little too much in Wii U.
I regard the Smash 4 Zelda’s design as the best personally. To me, the realistic design combined with the bright colorful aesthetic meshed together to create a sort of ‘spunk’ that I feel Brawl and Melee lacked. I think Ultimate Zelda also has that same feel, but I prefer the design of TP Zelda to LBW Zelda.

D

Deleted member 189823

Everybody saying swords are one of the worst matchups for Zelda, but I legit prefer them over projectiles. I'd rather have a character swing a stick around then having **** thrown at me constantly reducing my movement. Reflector isn't even an excuse.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wonder if a certain half-genie will be appearing in Smash as well? She has been widely requested and the timing would be very convenient... More magic gorls who aren't gross anime waifus = always a good thing.
Well, Shantae might be more of a hair whip gorl than a magic gorl. Blend Shantae? :p

Also, sorry you were cucked by the useless Ayra. She is, like, the absolute worst. Emo Eirika needs to stop.
I wasn't expecting much. I would have liked Karla so my +Atk, -HP Karla can get a merge and drop her bane since I'd like to run a Shield Pulse build on her in the future or Bartre or Fir so that I wouldn't have had to spend 20k to 22k feathers on a merge for either of them, but Ayra or any 5* unit would have been fine. The problem with getting Ayra, Fir, or Karla is that they're sword infantry and red. Good or bad, there's so many of them that I'd rather have anyone else show up.

Well, our next mythic hero is a loli birb. I love how her English voice does not match her physical appearance. Additionally, I also love how whenever Lewyn shows up on a banner, Ophelia tends to follow along. The developers know Ophelia wants Special Spiral. If I could get at least one copy of Lewyn, I'd give Ophelia Special Spiral. If I could get even more, then Lilina, Sonya, and Tailtiu are going to have a lot of fun. Otherwise, I'd be okay with getting anyone, to have, for merges, or for skills, especially brave Celica who for whatever reason I want to get to +10 as my end game goal. Not sure why. I think I just really, really like Hidari's art, Erica Lindbeck's voice for Celica, and Celica in general outside of her actions during a particular moment in Shadows of Valentia. Why must you hurt Saber, Celica?

So, I had posted stuff about my phone in my previous post, but I edited it out the morning after. I thought about it and a refurbished Pixel 1, a phone with several problems, was probably a bad idea. It's a good phone, but gambling on a 2016 phone with such problems and to use as a temporary phone until the Pixel 3a or 3 lite as it was rumored to be called isn't worth it. Particularly, me wanting "small" phone that had Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and a gyroscope -- things that my 5 year old phone had, but new, "mid-range" phones sometimes don't -- and didn't have a glass back or completely which is the case with the Pixel phones. Couldn't cancel the order, so I'll just to have to return it later when it arrives next week. Instead, I ordered the Sony Xperia XA2 the phone which I rejected as it did not have Wi-Fi ac or a gyroscope. Hilariously enough, getting the phone with an accessory bundle was cheaper than buying the phone itself if you wanted it new on Amazon. Used and refurbished for the phone itself, it's around $200 instead of around $300. The phone with accessories was $250, but tax and shipping brought it up to almost $280 since my Nexus 5 is rapidly deteriorating and I'm not sure if it will last until next week nor do I want to deal with it's dying shenanigans. It's been rebooting itself randomly as well as rebooting when it's stressed where weirdly, I haven't had it reboot when playing FEH or using YouTube, but while browsing sites. Wi-Fi came back, but it sometimes drops and connects rapidly or drops completely. Anyway, it sucks with how much I had to pay for a new phone, but that's what happens when you're too indecisive and apparently picky and behind the times with phones -- excuse me when I still want a headphone jack, a phone that isn't so damn large, and don't want glass backs. I could have gotten the Sony Xperia XZ1 or XZ1 Compact which are 1 year older than the XA2 series, but were their 2017 flagships for even less or around the same price as the XA2. Would have been used, though.

Anyway, the XA2 will be here tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes all right. I'm still going to want the Pixel 3a. Stupidly, my hopes are riding on the damn thing because a Pixel 3 with a headphone jack and a plastic back just screams a new Nexus 5 to me. Here's hoping it costs less than $400 or even $350. Still going to wait a bit to see what issues it will have before committing. If it happens, I'm keeping the XA2 as a backup phone or maybe even the Pixel 1 depending on what happens as the XA2 is pretty heavy and its corners are kind of pointy. For one, if anything goes wrong in the near future or much later, then I would at least have something instead of what I'm dealing with where if the Nexus 5 suddenly died right now, I'd be screwed.

Edit: Birb stats.
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...c_hero_yune_chaos_goddess_lv_1_40_unit_stats/.

38 HP, 33 Atk, 27 Spd, 15 Def, and 37 Res gives her 150 BST because fliers apparently won't be getting gen 3 BST yet and she has superboon in defense and superbanes in HP and speed. So, she's basically a flying Deidre. Compared to Deirdre, +2 HP, -1 Spd, -1 Def, and +2 Res.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
we're still waiting on his Tier List for FE Warriors
tbh if you want a tier list for the game, look up a list of every character's luck stat. High luck means top tier, low luck means bottom tier. Then make a tier on the bottom and put Corrin and only Corrin there because Corn is absolutely awful. The method is a half joke but it's a really solid outline to what a tier list would look like, luck is just THAT important. I can assure you that Caeda and Anna are both top tier and have some of the highest luck in the game, Niles has one of the worst luck stats and he would probably end up pretty low (but even then, every character except Corrin is like mid tier at worst).

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The entire ordeal was just sleazy. Apparently there are multiple reports of MPs voting for the wrong thing?

And unfortunately this is the type of thing EU governments REALLY wanted to pass. For the UK, because it fulfills their insatiable authoritarian boner, for the rest of Europe because it'll let them try to kill Youtube because their traditional media outlets can't compete or get rich trying via lawsuits that only ever seem to target US companies. Shame most of the internet will burn either way.
Pretty much. But again, we do have two years left before it gets implemented so it could get scrapped or enough backlash will be heard to change it... Hopefully.

Buddhahobo said:
I just started Path B so I'm finally back in Altera's old stronghold map from the first game with the wine ponds.

I don't think Cress would like enough to justify it's full retail price, imo. From a mechanics point of view it's a huge improvement from Extella, but it's not HW/FEW/PW levels even with the stuff that's unique to this style of DW. And the story is effectively non-existent the more I play. If Altera wasn't in her Larva form I'd go as far as to say this is a straight up AU where Extella just never happened cause as far as I can tell that's the only plot-related thing from Extella that Link doesn't repeatedly contradict.

A tier list for this game would take some time to put together with all the action skills, tbh. Even when you unlock all of them per character, as you level up they level up too with increased damage and decreased cooldown, then there are the Drive Skill augments you can apply.

I think some of the top tiers are pretty easy to find; Nero can do basically everything, and Astolfo definitely felt like one in the map I used him in. That Grand-Theft-Hippograff action skill has no business being so damn strong, and Drake has a near identical move where she uses a rowboat instead. Astolfo did seem somewhat lacking in the 1-vs-1 area though.

Robin Hood definitely isn't as strong as Archer/Nameless, but they also play massively differently even though they're both Archers. Nameless has a physical normal move string with long ranged Action skills along with a normal move buffing skill. You run in, slice their face up, dash back, then Action Skill a bombardment of arrows. Robin Hood is more traditional long range, but his big gimmick is he needs to poison his enemies to do massive damage. He has poisoning Action skills, but what he really needs are some high ranking drive skills that let his normal attacks naturally poison what he hits.

Cu Chulainn is fantastic as a duelist. If a servant or a AP commander is standing right in front of him, he will Gae Bolg you from 100%-to-death in seconds. Racking up the KO count on a time limit, though? That's a bit more difficult, but he might have an Action Skill I haven't played with yet built around just fixing that part of his moveset.
I've just unlocked Francis Drake by doing the remaining Stages I didn't do in Day 3 and 4. I'll go back to Stage 16 and finish that one off next before proceeding with Stage 13 in Route B. Then I'll have to listen to whoever to get the other route.

I do think Francis Drake is damn good like you said. She has the Rowboat which goes through enemies fast, and the triple anchors while I find decent for crowd control, are terrible for 1v1s. There were times where I would miss an Aggressor because of the pattern the anchors would drop in, so I'll be scrapping that Active Skill for another one of her other skills.

I do agree that Nero is the best in the game. She has basically everything. Moves for crowd control and 1v1s, great damage, solid defense and so on. I'd say Tamamo is decent, I say decent because her Defense stat is abysmal. It's like she says, her defense is cardboard so I'd say she would be around Mid Tier.

Astolfo I also agree is a Top Tier. Hippogriff just tears through enemies, great crowd control and can buff himself with Power Up!, essentially giving him a free Code Steiler (Well, the Attack Up and Attack Speed Up buffs). I do agree that his 1v1s aren't his strong point, but his crowd control and clearing is amazing. I haven't used Charlie, Nameless (Shirou), Cu, Lancelot, Gawain, Arjuna or Robin, since I was too focused on using the waifus. :secretkpop: (And that I want to give Nero and Tama their happy endings by being with their girl Hakuno.) I did however give Scathach a shot, I honestly don't know what to say, I hardly had any LINK States come in when I was using her, I dunno whether she'd be similar to Cu with how he fares, but I do know she has a decent AOE with the ice that surrounds her, denying enemies behind her which I guess is a good thing compared to Cu. Then again, I only used her once to spice things up.

I'll be giving Medusa a shot next since she and Elizabeth are the few characters I have not used yet. Hopefully I can unlock Jeanne, Artoria and Altera soon.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
tbh if you want a tier list for the game, look up a list of every character's luck stat. High luck means top tier, low luck means bottom tier. Then make a tier on the bottom and put Corrin and only Corrin there because Corn is absolutely awful. The method is a half joke but it's a really solid outline to what a tier list would look like, luck is just THAT important. I can assure you that Caeda and Anna are both top tier and have some of the highest luck in the game, Niles has one of the worst luck stats and he would probably end up pretty low (but even then, every character except Corrin is like mid tier at worst).
I'm super sad the game isn't getting any more DLC like Hyrule Warriors. Although I do understand FEW had 1 run while HW somehow got 2 or 3 runs lmao.

But you forgot to mention that Nohr Azura is top tier because her special, tho.

Warrior games are usually in the player's favor with the right skills. Even a baddie like Corrin can be used but Corn is def Zelda tier, minus the sparkles and sass.

Also, here's an accurate reenactment of a FEW character after they finally get Astra:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm super sad the game isn't getting any more DLC like Hyrule Warriors. Although I do understand FEW had 1 run while HW somehow got 2 or 3 runs lmao.
It'll get a sequel or remake or something eventually, otherwise it isn't a true Warriors game :secretkpop:
Warrior games are usually in the player's favor with the right skills. Even a baddie like Corrin can be used but Corn is def Zelda tier, minus the sparkles and sass.
No, Corrin is unable to complete some missions. Even if you play perfectly, you won't be able to complete the mission because the gorl is just that bad and can't kill groups fast enough. I can't find the list of it rn but basically any of the later missions that are "KO 2,000 enemies in ___ minutes!" that only give you access to 1 character are the missions in that list. Even Zelda isn't that awful.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I looked that up and found this article from The Guardian that seems to suggest so. It annoys me so much to see such incompetent politicians given how much power they hold. Fortunately, like EODM mentioned, it will take two years to be implemented, so change could easily happen before that.
Perhaps I’m being stupid and naïve as usual, but I cannot see people sitting idly by and let strict copyright laws become commonplace on the internet. This hurts far more than it helps.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The XA2 arrived today and it feels so good to have a functional phone again. It's not as heavy as I thought it would have been, but it is heavier than the Nexus 5 which has started to become even more problematic today. Similarly, the edges aren't that pointy and with it not being that heavy, I don't think it will be discomforting to use for long periods of time. Software-wise, it has bloatware -- why is installed and can't be uninstalled Facebook a thing? -- that can only be disabled and its Xperia assist didn't work to transfer over some of the stuff from my Nexus 5. Part of it I think is because the Nexus 5 doesn't have reliable Wi-Fi while the other part I don't really know. Even when using the computer to try and transfer over stuff, it wouldn't transfer my text messages. It said it extracted them and my call history, but nothing was transferred over. Fortunately, I didn't really have anything on the Nexus 5 besides texts that I wanted to transfer over as I had moved most of the stuff on it to my computer or they were backed up onto my Google Drive a while back when it started to act up. The only things I'm worried about are the SIM card since I dented the plastic side while trying to pop it out of the micro SIM adapter cutout and the charger that came with it. The SIM works, but it looks weird and I don't think I can use the micro SIM adapter since I snapped part of the hinge off so it's not connected to the rest of the adapter. Not sure what I would use it for since as far as I'm aware of no new phone uses micro SIM cards. As for the charger, the block just feels cheap and it was hard to take out the USB cable. Keep in mind that I bought this phone as new, so Sony's charger block being meh is a bit concerning to me. The Motorola charger block that I got with the Nexus 5 feels sturdier and the OnePlus 6's dash charger block I remember being pretty tough-feeling too.

As for FEH, eight more Celicas to go.
5* legendary Azura: +Def, -HP.

5* brave Celica: +Def, -HP. I wonder if the next one will be +HP, -Def.

3* Gwendolyn: +Def, -Res.

4* Mae #1: +Atk, -Res.

3* Mae #2: +HP, -Res.

3* Clair: +Spd, -HP.

5* Eir: +Atk, -Def. Dammit, woman! Why must you show up with a good boon and bane?

4* Lachesis: +Spd, -Def.

4* Mae #3: +Spd, -Res.

3* Setsuna: +HP, -Spd.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'll be giving Medusa a shot next since she and Elizabeth are the few characters I have not used yet. Hopefully I can unlock Jeanne, Artoria and Altera soon.
Jeanne D'Arc is stupid. Both in good and bad ways.

On one hand she's a freaking tank; her normals and action skills have hitboxes larger than Melee Marth's grab range, her defense and attack feel way higher than her actual numbers, and she's just fun to blaze through mooks with.

On the other hand her NP is literally her unleashing the flames that killed her to cleanse the surrounding area; i.e., it's a suicide move. And her Drive Skill (the blue gauge under the health bar if you press A for a super move instead of just using the buff for everything) damages her. It may have been because it was a hard map to begin with (4 servant boss gauntlet, each with like three shadow servant helpers), but I think all that damage is factored into your final score cause I ended with an A-rank in health with 221% damage taken.

Honestly due to Command Seals, her NP being La Pucelle isn't that bad so long as I'm wrong and using it doesn't prevent you from EX ranking the map. The other thing to check would be if I can use her NP for a thematic finish; whether the game registers the Boss's death or my death first.

Charlemagne is...weird? Maybe I'm just using poor Action Skills, but so far he seems like a worse Nero in near every regard. Not because he doesn't have the damage or range, but because his Action Skills have so much start up. Nameless, Robin, Nero, and Astolfo can also use their self-buffing skill in the middle of a fight. Charlemagne needs to self-buff before he enters attack range (whatever the skill is called when he summons the 12 swords of his Paladins to fly along behind him).

Also now that I've finished the second route and started the third, things are getting a bit more interesting and less contradictory...by getting so contradictory it's exceeded any reasonable threshold. Last time I said this felt like a full-on AU as an insult due to the bad writing, but now I'm pretty sure it is an alternate universe.

It's still bad writing, but at least now it's clear that there's something really really strange afoot. Namely, the curious case of Archimedes of Syracuse.

He shows up in the second route, but the third route actively requires him to show up right after Chapter 1 and give you some exposition. Every single time, Hakuno will have a single one line paragraph that reads:

"I have never seen this man before."

Considering how Archimedes is directly responsible for...well, all of Extella, and for Larva Altera even existing, this shouldn't be possible.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Nobody:
Bayonetta: ooo-OOO-ooo-OOO

As for FEH stuff, I summoned 3 5* gorls with 60 orbs and das nice. 2 merge gorls and H!Myrrh fodder. +spd L!Azura and +atk B!Lyn for merges yeeeeeeeeee.

tbh summoning on anything but a 8% banner feels like a waste. I already have all the 3*/4* merge projects I want and my main project is grail-only. So I just want the 5* gorls. And with the 8% banner, 3*/4* fodder is very common - like Reposition or Triangle Adept. I really wanted Yune tho so I could eventually have 1 of each new element. Next time I guess. :^(

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
do you guys think zelda is as annoying as people say?? i feel like besides phantom she still has all the same/similar weaknesses as she always has but now she actually has a pronounced strength like SHES FINALLY DECENT LEAVE MY GIRL ALONE!!! phantom isnt impossible to get around right???

right? :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member 189823

do you guys think zelda is as annoying as people say?? i feel like besides phantom she still has all the same/similar weaknesses as she always has but now she actually has a pronounced strength like SHES FINALLY DECENT LEAVE MY GIRL ALONE!!! phantom isnt impossible to get around right???

no

Like, I legit get offended when people tell me they struggle with For Glory Zeldas because I feel people rarely preassure with her the way they should. It's like, if the guy is setting up Phantom across the screen, why the **** are you giving them the benefit of approaching.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

She's a noob stomper like she used to be, but even better than before. But knowing what she can do/what you need to bait to crush her is the difference between winning/losing.

Also frame data... If you have worse reach or significantly worse frame data than her, you're probably screwed. But if your aerial game is toight or filled with lingering hitboxes, she's not going to have a fun time.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, anyone going to pick up the Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid game? It's a fighting game that's kind of cheap, 20 USD, and looks all right. I mean, it's got Power Rangers, so what's not to love? :p

Here's the launch trailer.

For FEH, Lewyn had to show up as +Spd, -Def. Thanks, game. Can't use Eir and Lewyn now for skill inheritance now, can I? Eir's a special case since neutral freebie Eir I need to keep while +Atk, -Def Eir is awesome while Lewyn... I lean towards +Atk for Lewyn since while +Spd lets him double more meaning Forseti's reverse Desperation can work against more opponents, once he gets Special Spiral going, more attacks means his specials are going to do more damage and sometimes all he needs is a bit more damage to secure kills rather than the ability to double more people. That, and you can stack stats and at a certain point, there's a point where you double everyone which at that point, you'd want more attack if that makes any sense.

It got up to 340 since I figured I wanted everyone on the banner and once I got up to 337 summons, I felt like I would just go up to 340 summons. Now to deal with 600/600 units... Also, unique refined Ragnarok is broken. With the help of legendary Azura and two other Wings of Mercy refresh units and some units whose lives were not sacrificed in vain, I managed to beat abyssal Yune with Celica.
3* Eirika: +HP, -Spd.

4* Gordin #1: +Res, -Def.

3* Klein #1: +Def, -Res.

5* Lewyn: +Spd, -Def.

3* Maria +Spd, -Res.

4* Abel: +Def, -Res.

4* Hinata: +Def, -Res.

3* Lissa: +HP, -Res.

4* Rebecca: +Def, -Res.

4* Shigure: +Def, -Atk.

4* Kaze: +Res, -HP.

3* Merric: +HP, -Def.

3* Roy: +HP, -Res.

4* Soren #1: +HP, -Def. If I could, I'd send every Soren I summoned to Cress since I don't really need him anymore unless I wanted to make two or more +10 Sorens for whatever reason or use Watersweep.

3* Stahl: +HP, -Spd.

4* Draug: +Def, -Atk.

4* Felicia: +Atk, -Res.

4* Lilina: +HP, -Spd.

4* Peri #1: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Soren #2: +Atk, -Def.

4* Hawkeye: +Def, -Spd. Sweet.

4* Jeorge: +Def, -Res.

4* Lukas: +Def, -Res.

4* Seth #1: +Res, -Def.

4* adult Tiki: +Spd, -HP. Kid Tiki demote, when?

4* Barst: +Atk, -HP.

4* Fae: +Res, -HP.

5* TLB Kagero: +Def, -Atk. 35/35 attack and defense instead of 38/32. Whatever, her attack was so damn high to begin. So, all I need is the next Kagero alt and I'd have a Kagero Emblem. :p

4* Jagen #1: +HP, -Def.

4* Soleil: +Def, -HP.

3* Gordin #2: neutral. I think I might have enough Gordin copies to +10 him.

3* Jagen #2: +HP, -Res.

3* Lon'qu: +Def, -Atk. Need more of him, but wish he'd showed up less as -Atk or -Spd.

5* Wah!Mia #1: +HP, -Def. Witchy Wand is broken. That is all.

4* Selena #1: +Spd, -Atk. Selena weapon update, when?

4* Clair #1: +HP, -Spd. Worst part about Clair and Xander: they don't have a full passive tree as a 4*. For Xander who's not that useful for skill inheritance, it doesn't really matter, but for Clair, you cannot get Hit and Run and Spur Spd 3 from her when she's a 4*. It's really dumb.

4* Florina: +HP, -Def.

4* Gwendolyn: +Spd, -Def.

3* Nowi: +Atk, -Def.

5* legendary Ryoma: +Atk, -Res. Yep.

4* M!Corrin: +Res, -Def. Dude's here to replenish the Dragon Fang I inherited onto regular Celica to beat abyssal Yune.

5* legendary Lucina: +Spd, -Def. 38 base neutral speed which becomes 41 with her Thogn bow. She doesn't have anything I really want, so my first legendary +Res, -Def Luchi is going to be merged into this one.

4* Marth #1: +Spd, -Res.

5* spoopy Myrrh: +Atk, -HP. Very spoopy.

4* Odin: +Atk, -Def.

4* Clair #2: +Res, -Def.

4* Frederick: +Res, -HP.

3* Laslow: +Atk, -HP.

5* Wah!Mia #2: +Atk, -Spd. Yay for bane removals after merging. Problem is that Witchy Wand is really good and that could go to someone else.

3* Selena #2: +Atk, -Def.

4# Cain: +Def, -Spd.

3* Klein #2: +Def, -Spd.

4* Marth #2: +HP, -Atk.

4* Priscilla: +Spd, -Res.

4* Seth #2: +Def, -HP.

4* Boey: +HP, -Res.

4* L'Arachel: +HP, -Def.

4* Lissa: +Res, -HP.

4* M!Morgan: +Def, -Res.

3* Wrys: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Athena: +Def, -Res.

3* Cherche: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Oboro: +HP, -Def.

4* Peri #2: +HP, -Spd.

3* Subaki: +Spd, -Res.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wait we don't have any of secretkpop's music in the BGAL playlist, that seems like the most obvious thing to add to it. Lil Puddin Lil Puddin yew can choose one.

Zelda has always been a kinda annoying character to play against if you aren't used to playing against ha. Her recovery is really good and you'd have to be extremely precise to bop her when she reappears thanks to the hitbox. Nayru's is annoying to play against if you don't have a disjoint that you can slap her with. And even if you did know how to deal with her in older games, the phantom is new and takes a bit of learning to get around (not much tho).
But yea give it some time, people will learn how to play against her, and those comments will be mostly gone.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Jeanne D'Arc is stupid. Both in good and bad ways.

On one hand she's a freaking tank; her normals and action skills have hitboxes larger than Melee Marth's grab range, her defense and attack feel way higher than her actual numbers, and she's just fun to blaze through mooks with.

On the other hand her NP is literally her unleashing the flames that killed her to cleanse the surrounding area; i.e., it's a suicide move. And her Drive Skill (the blue gauge under the health bar if you press A for a super move instead of just using the buff for everything) damages her. It may have been because it was a hard map to begin with (4 servant boss gauntlet, each with like three shadow servant helpers), but I think all that damage is factored into your final score cause I ended with an A-rank in health with 221% damage taken.

Honestly due to Command Seals, her NP being La Pucelle isn't that bad so long as I'm wrong and using it doesn't prevent you from EX ranking the map. The other thing to check would be if I can use her NP for a thematic finish; whether the game registers the Boss's death or my death first.

Charlemagne is...weird? Maybe I'm just using poor Action Skills, but so far he seems like a worse Nero in near every regard. Not because he doesn't have the damage or range, but because his Action Skills have so much start up. Nameless, Robin, Nero, and Astolfo can also use their self-buffing skill in the middle of a fight. Charlemagne needs to self-buff before he enters attack range (whatever the skill is called when he summons the 12 swords of his Paladins to fly along behind him).

Also now that I've finished the second route and started the third, things are getting a bit more interesting and less contradictory...by getting so contradictory it's exceeded any reasonable threshold. Last time I said this felt like a full-on AU as an insult due to the bad writing, but now I'm pretty sure it is an alternate universe.

It's still bad writing, but at least now it's clear that there's something really really strange afoot. Namely, the curious case of Archimedes of Syracuse.

He shows up in the second route, but the third route actively requires him to show up right after Chapter 1 and give you some exposition. Every single time, Hakuno will have a single one line paragraph that reads:

"I have never seen this man before."

Considering how Archimedes is directly responsible for...well, all of Extella, and for Larva Altera even existing, this shouldn't be possible.
I think her NP does in turn effect the Ranking you'll get (I had 221% in Health which got me a B, but I still ended with an A Rank). So far, I do agree that she has great range for a Ruler, good Action Skills and is tanky. But her Noble Phantasm is one of the worst in the game due to her killing herself. In 1v1s, it's basically not worth using, for crowd clearing and claiming Sectors I wouldn't recommend either. I'd say only use it at the very end of a Map to ensure a surefire win.

Online I'd say do not use it. Since your opponents can easily flee from the Sector you're using your NP in, leading you to wait in Respawn for about 10 - 12 seconds. Overall, Jeanne is amazing at dishing out damage and with her fantastic range and great Action Skills. But her NP and Moon Drive are what hold her down, if she gained a buff from less health she had outside of Install Skills, then I would recommend using them. But they are not worth them at all. I'd say she could be High Tier at best.

Also, I think this is what my Tier List would be so far for Extella/LINK. Not final though, since I've only used a few of the characters.

Top Tier:
Nero Claudius
+ Great at Crowd Control
+ Good in 1v1s.
+ Has great combos and great range too.
+ Her Moon Drive and Action Skills allow her to be the most customisable, making her a Master Of All.
+ She goes "Umu!"

- I want her costumes from the original Extella in LINK.

Astolfo
+ Capable of buffing himself with "Power Up!", allowing quicker kills.
+ Hippogriff is an amazing Crowd Control skill, lasts a long time. And fast with Attack Speed Up.
+ Has access to a Counter, denying punishes or interceptions.

- He struggles a bit in 1v1s.
- He has short Melee Range.
- Counter is only useful for 1v1s or Online.

Francis Drake
+ Has great Range on her Action Skills and Normals.
+ Rowboat is similar to Hippogriff, great at Crowd Control.

- Rowboat doesn't control as well as Hippogriff.
- Can struggle in 1v1s due to some Action Skills (Triple Anchor is horrible in 1v1s).

High Tier:
Jeanne d'Arc
+ Amazing Range on her Normals and Action Skills.
+ Good combos.
+ Can work in 1v1s and is great at Crowd Control.

- Her Noble Phantasm is one of the worst in the game.
- Loses some HP from Moon Drive if used.
- Kills herself when her Noble Phantasm is used. Forcing a reduced Rank in Singleplayer, forcing Respawn in Multiplayer.

Mid Tier:
Tamamo no Mae
+ Amazing at Crowd Control
+ Can heal herself and her allies with an AOE
+ Has access to Movement denial Action Skills, allowing her to keep her distance or to continue Crowd Control
+ A good Fox Wife

- Worst Defenses in the game.
- Not strong in 1v1s, may need to rely on Counter to stop her opponents.

This is probably what I'd put.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
So I saw Emperor’s New Groove recently and all I have to say is that anyone who hasn’t seen that movie is missing out on some really good quotes. It’s kind of surreal that 2000’s Disney produced such a piece of art when their other material includes movies like Atlantis and Chicken Little.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I saw Emperor’s New Groove recently and all I have to say is that anyone who hasn’t seen that movie is missing out on some really good quotes. It’s kind of surreal that 2000’s Disney produced such a piece of art when their other material includes movies like Atlantis and Chicken Little.
Oh man, I need to rewatch The Emperor's New Groove and Atlantis. The Emperor's New Groove I remember more clearly than Atlantis, but not enough to remember anything beyond the plot of the film. The funny thing about The Emperor's New Groove is that it apparently went through a massive overhaul to become the beloved film it is known today. For one, the original title was Kingdom of the Sun instead of The Emperor's New Groove. Additionally, Owen Wilson was supposed to play a lookalike character to the emperor who was originally Manco instead of Kuzco who was a separate, supporting character, but after the overhaul, Wilson, Wilson's character, and Manco were dropped along with several other characters and voice actors. The reason for the emperor's name change is that the name was too similar in writing, swap the "c" with a "k", and maybe pronunciation to a derogatory slang word in Japanese. There's more on the web, but the film essentially went through development hell and was salvaged and reworked into The Emperor's New Groove. With the way the original idea was described, Kingdom of the Sun was ambitious, but it might have ended up as another Disney film. On the other hand, The Emperor's New Groove was the result of people scrambling to save and submit a project where ultimately, it might have been the better outcome as something more unique and fresh than what was expected from Disney.

Edit: My body is ready.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Reggie will always be our board and savior, even when the day ends. Praise be to the Kween of Readiness.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I tried the Belmonts for the first time today and??????? is this what a viable character is like?????
I have REAL disjoints, can kill at reasonable percents, there's kill setups and kill throws? Characters really have these things? Is this what I've been missing out on for over a decade?
yea I can die at 20% but I'd take that over not being able to reliably kill even at 200%

D

Deleted member

Zelda's look in Ultimate was intended to represent Cadence Of Hyrule instead of Link To The Past.

The Reggienator says so.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Reggie mains.

Where you at? :ultreggie:

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo I ran into two things in Extella LINK, by the way. One was a glitch and the other was a hilarious moment online.

Might as well go on to the glitch.

So I was doing Stage 16 (Or was it 17), but it was Stormy Sea Palace where you fight Jeanne d'Arc. I reached the requirements to get her to spawn to finish the fight, but I wanted to achieve EX Rank and she spawned in the Sector with those tall Aggressors with the giant swords that negate ground attacks. Somehow as I was about to hit the Aggressor mid air, my aerial attack somehow clashed with Jeanne's attack, and we began the tug of war minigame.

Except... Artoria who I was playing, was firmly on the ground and Jeanne began to slowly rise up from the floor. The final hit of the minigame missed her completely and she was stuck floating. The enemies could not attack as they were just standing there nor could they be KO'd, I couldn't even leave the Sector and I don't think I could access the Seals either, but thankfully I could access the Menu and returned to the Hub. I dunno whether it was the Aggressor that caused it or it was just really bad timing. But I saved a recording of it on my Switch and I'll see if I can put it onto YouTube like I had with my Smash Clips.

Now for the funny... I went Tamamo no Mae for funsies in KOTH (Which is sadly the only mode available) and all the other players caught notice and... EVERYONE WENT TAMAMO. WE HAD EIGHT TAMAMOS RUNNING AROUND.

Best part was that my team was using her Negative Call. So every several seconds, you'd hear her say. "Ohh dear... Will you ever forgive me?" It was great. I lost in the end, but it was fun. :yeahboi:

Also, I've finished Route B, so now I can proceed with Route C and get Altera, Karl, Gilles, Karna and whoever else I'm missing.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I tried the Belmonts for the first time today and??????? is this what a viable character is like?????
I have REAL disjoints, can kill at reasonable percents, there's kill setups and kill throws? Characters really have these things? Is this what I've been missing out on for over a decade?
yea I can die at 20% but I'd take that over not being able to reliably kill even at 200%
Now you know why Zelda and WFT are low tier, don't you? :secretkpop:

I like the Bara Zelda Brothers and all, but Link is pretty much a better version of them all around. The only difference is the Bara Bros have a very awesome Dtilt that acts as a tool to run away. It can also help you SD, so you won't feel TOO removed from WFT or Zelda. :^)

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I got a small heart attack when I went into Smashboards today, before remembering what day it was.
April Fool’s Smashboards will always catch me out.
It’s kind of surreal to look through all the posts and have the exact same person. Like we’re in a beehive and Reggie is our queen.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Scrounged up as many orbs as I could and dumped them all into the mythic banner, hoping for fodder. I pulled full circles and got +spd -def h!kagero, +def -atk b!lyn (literally kms wanted any of the other colorless focus units), +res -atk L!Aqua (which I merged my +def into; now she's +2), and +def -atk ophelia (which is worse than my +res -def so fodder ig). Not too bad tbh considering that was only like ~120 orbs in total spread out over like 3 days. I really would like a WAH or Eir but ik with my luck I'll pull another bad iv b!lyn. i s2g i've pulled like 4 b!lyns since her debut and none have been +atk or +spd.

I am content with my pulls tho, so idk if I'll actually pull anymore on the banner. I feel like I owe to my waifu caeda to +10 her alt (and I wouldn't mind bc b!caeda has the single best art in the game imo), but recently I have been terrible with my orbs and have been spending them after getting enough for a few full pulls; i don't think i'll be able to save up enough orbs to even get a few merges for her (or charlotte ig). speaking of which, i know i'm late to the party, but i love the 4 skill SI update

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I experienced something... Please, help me.

Sure, let's look for meme-y or weird K-pop songs and then this C-pop... thing showed up in the search results. Checked the lyrics to see if there were any inappropriate words since I don't understand Mandarin Chinese. There's none as far as I was able to find what its lyrics are. Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , maybe this is too cursed to put on the playlist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fun fact: Ultimate is the first time Zelda is depicted speaking full sentences in an american accent.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Buddhahobo Buddhahobo

Here's that glitch I talked about.

And I'll leave this for Nammy12 Nammy12

Also, I might as well ask Nammy. What buffs are you looking forward to and what are you dreading and are completely against in the upcoming Arcade Edition patch? I know for sure I'm worried about Gordeau's nerfs and I'm completely against the Yang buffs. But I'm looking forward to using Teddie and seeing how good Kanji will have gotten since the buffs. I can already see a CMV involving Teddie/Gordeau. With Teddie carrying on Gordeau's legacy and his mantle with "Wait and See" from PQ2 playing. :yeahboi:

On the plus side, I believe I'm almost done with my assessment. I gotta make a poster and finish writing up some stuff which includes doing referencing, a table, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Lowkey tempted to put this in a combo/montage video but I don't want to appear like a flaming sass queen:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This video devastated me tbh

Are those lines from the World Of Light teaser or does she actually speak lines in the game? (I don’t have the game.).
T R A V E S T Y

But ye, the teaser is also the opening video for WoL. That's the only cinematic we have where characters interact with each other. Speaking about WoL, Galeem and Dharkon are some cool looking bosses.

I experienced something... Please, help me.

Sure, let's look for meme-y or weird K-pop songs and then this C-pop... thing showed up in the search results. Checked the lyrics to see if there were any inappropriate words since I don't understand Mandarin Chinese. There's none as far as I was able to find what its lyrics are. Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , maybe this is too cursed to put on the playlist.
Nothing is too curseT to hear, but it can be too curseT to see. However, that's just a standard pop video tbh. Like. Gorl. Have you seen pop videos over this past decade? If it doesn't look like a shiny fever dream, it's not good pop. Get with the times, hunTy.

Old EX:

btw foreign profanity doesn't matter because it's fancy profanity :secretkpop:

btw btw Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! pls pick a SKPOP song because I have been so far removed from KPOP/JPOP/etc that I no longer have an ear for it. I blame all the sassy/diss tracks that have been burning up American speakers as of late.

Lowkey tempted to put this in a combo/montage video but I don't want to appear like a flaming sass queen:

Added it to the B•GAL because it is a flaming hot song.

Also, if you don't use flaming sass kween music for Zelda montages, then you're hurting her reputation - which her makeover has done enough of already. She went from Sassy Runway Kween-Gawdess to Animu Waifu. Which is fine because she's still sparkly and peppy-sassy-adorable. But it's a step down on the sass tier list ofc, but she has also went a step up on the sparkly tier list.

Top Bottom